/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
Brave, IceCat, various Firefox forks, Opera, Lightning for mobile
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
XMPP, Signal.
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/ddg.html
adnauseam.io/
palemoon.org/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
cs.chromium.org/search/?q=clients4.google.com&sq=package:chromium&type=cs
iridiumbrowser.de/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DucDuckGo is owned by a kike from mossad and cock.li is goons (years ago there was a scandal where everyone got an email suggesting they join the goonswarm). Yandex is literally owned by kikes and should be avoided at all costs. If you want to use firefox forks make sure that they run noscript+requestpolicy combinations to prevent cancerous scripts from executing. It's imperative if you care at all about your privacy and even computer security. Alternatively, use TOR. If you use TOR you absolutely cannot run it on anything less than "maximum security" setting, meaning no scripts etc.

Brave and Opera are just chromium browsers underneath the surface. They still phone home, and contain proprietary binary blobs. Also Opera is owned by a Chinese consortium these days. Trash.

The only browser worth a damn these days is links2 -g

This, DO NOT use DDG, see 8ch.net/tech/ddg.html

Startpage is probably your best bet.

What do you recommend?

Noted.

DO NOT USE STARTPAGE
Startpage is literally nothing more than a Google proxy, it does not do anything at all to address the largest concern of Google having control of information all it addresses is privacy. Use Searx.

Anyone have comments on Mega.nz cloud storage? They have a very handy sync client that does everything Dropbox does but with end-to-end encryption and open source.
I've been using it a bit and really like it but will cut it off asap if someone has dirt on them.

I hate Mozilla, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd recommend Firefox, but only after going through a hardening guide and tweaking a lot of their hidden options. I suppose this amounts to IceCat and various other forks, but what bothers me with these is that they may not be quick to patch vulnerabilities found upstream. Obviously never run flash or java, and use uMatrix to limit where you're willing to run javascript.

Alternatively, use any browser you want, but in conjunction with a VPN inside a virtual machine.

And with uMatrix, you want to set it so that javascript is disabled as a global rule for every site, and only enable it as needed.

Posting this from another thread.
adnauseam.io/

Pale Moon is an open-source fork of pre-poz firefox.

palemoon.org/

Fuck guys, should i buy iphone as my next phone or just keep gmail only for play store? I've been gappless almost year and this shit is really sucks.

You can make your own email server pretty easily. There's a gorillion guides on it someone should just post it on >>>Holla Forums

Reminder that cutting yourself off from Google won't fix their datamining on you, but at least it won't get any worse.

POL NEEDS TO DE-GOOGLE ITSELF
ASK BIG JIM TO REMOVE YOUTUBE EMBEDDING
BO SHOULD DISABLE EMBEDS UNTIL JIM HAS DONE SO
CLEAN UP HOME FIRST ANONS

buy a pocketchip
you have to go further

Kim Dotfuckingnothing is an idiot. I wouldn't use anything he touches.

100 % OF THIS

Janet Yellen is an idiot, you wouldn't use anything the bitch touches

Pocketchip is a fun little toy but useless as a phone (unless you use Skype and are always within WiFi), a better option is just to root an Android device. Too bad the Linux phones all fucking died… another option is to forgo smart phones altogether and just get the Samsung Convoy.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to run a lightweight operating system on a small palm-sized tablet with 4g on it… that's literally all cellphones are nowadays.

I agree, we need to move our services to Liveleak or Hatreon.

What actually needs to happen : open source software and hardware needs to be made for everybody.
So we will all see that a 20Megapixel camera, and 64GB internal storage will cost about 30$, including a module for calling, and a 60$ screen.
A smartphone can be made for 125$. JUST DO IT

ProtonMail is botnet and also affiliated with Mossad.
Don't use it.

Fuck… I've been using it for 2 months now.

Any other suggestion?

Also in general, give suggestions. Just shitting on something doesn't work. Give an alternative, faggots!

Use Yalp, at least read what OP wrote.

I'm personally mainly using cock.li, but the old/serious stuff is hotmail… self hosting e-mail may be a solution, but fact that I live in a temporary rented flat and possible security flaws make it a big no-no for me.

Cock.li is still the best free email client, every option kind of sucks nowadays. But unfortunately until Sealand releases an email client, your best bet for privacy is still using an American service.

Use Magma (LavaBit) on dedicated server (what I'm doing).

oy vey, good goy, keep using Lava, nothing to worry about

Shill this OP into every google thread you see!
OPERATION REMOVE BOTNET

I'm not using the service you fucking retard. I'm using the software (which isn't compromised) on my personal dedicated machines in my basement.

Fag.

no recommendations maps and directions? I use google maps because no other site takes into account public transport. I 'm a poorfag so I need to use the metro or bus every including when I have to go to work.

bump

Im fucking pissed. I had an HTC A9 I bought like 2 months ago remanned by HTC and it already shit the bed on me.

Any cheap cell phones you guys reccomend?

Bro just save up like $1200 and get yourself a damn Honda Civic

Conclusio from reading this thread so far:
It doesn't matter anyway what you're using because at the bottom line everything is kiked.

If they try to niggermail me one day when I'm trying to become Führer for chatting about some degenerate shit with some whore on an online dating site I'll just flip them off and tell them to go fuck themselves.

I live in the city, parking cost few dollars by hour no matter where you go.

NOKIA 3310

cock.li is run by a goon and is a honeypot, old chanology and anonymous/weev type goon.
Don't use anything made/server by amerikikes.

And yet… there are still no better options. Fuck off with that contrarian shit. I know you communicate with a trained carrier pigeon but the rest of us plebs need to use email sometimes.

also in the city bridge tolls are expensive as hell $15-45 per visit not by miles per visit. I can't just leave that is why I want to leave but don't know where, how and when will be able to visit my brother and parents if I decide to leave.

citymapper used to be great, however google just pozd it recently which is a damn shame it was the best thing to compete against google nav

What pisses me off about Google is that the company I work for migrated over to Google for business services. So most of my company shit is on their service. I try to sanitize by keeping the browsers separate, but until I am able to change jobs I am pretty much stuck using Google services for the time being.

The only option is to buy your own domain for as little as $10 annually and run your own mail server. It's not even hard.

Well shit, I didn't know that. I was actually kind of surprised to see this on their site:
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

I just switched to protonmail, so I'd like to believe them, but idk.

jews

Do not use cock.li, the owner is literally a goon.
Use Nextcloud over ownCloud, there is no reason not to and ownCloud is quite the piece of shit. Just use the nextcloud app, works fine.

Just as bad as anything else. There's a new alternative though, Brave is open source and is made by the co-founder of the mozilla project.
By the way, chromium is fine and is open source, it does not phone home and does not contain "proprietary binary blobs." But, if you have proof of that, I'd like to see it.

For anyone privacy concerned, I recommend self-hosting a nextcloud server. You can do it with a spare computer or even a raspberryPi with an external harddrive (though it might be a bit slow). It's relatively easy to do.

Apparently protonmail is owned by mossad kikes.

thanks OP i've been looking for something like that forever.

Good goy. bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909

cs.chromium.org/search/?q=clients4.google.com&sq=package:chromium&type=cs

it doesn't on an airgap

using any piece of chrome based crap.
garbage in, garbage out

the problem with firefox is chromium based browsers are literally twice as fast.

iridiumbrowser.de/

iridium is supposed to further de-jew chromium code but I don't know how much I trust it.

Yeah, which is why I still think the best approach is running the browser in a vm, completely isolated from your real identity, and with everything forced through a vpn.

Literally this entire fucking thread, no matter what is suggested.

Welcome to anything Holla Forums related.

You could try not being a faggot, user.

I didn't know about this, thanks.

Great, now you're beginning to realize just how bad things really are.

Use ungoogled-chromium if you really think kikekit is worth using (protip: it's not): github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

You new here? Lurk a bit until you at least understand the board culture.

Back in my day, you could have a civil discussion on here.

I used waterfox for ages, I'll just go back to it I guess.

Isn't that a paradox?

To hurt google:
1.) Create a google account
2.) Download a huge video (up to 15gb)
3.) Encrypt the video, so if someone else uploaded the same one, they still have to store both copies.
4.)Repeat, repeat, repeat.

If 1,000 people do this 10 times each, it will cost Goolag 150 terabytes.

You were being the faggot though, prefacing the other guys correct statement with a smug, "No, it doesn't", as though you knew what you were talking about.

That's the most retarded shit I've read the whole day. You spergs should inform yourself, before spouting your bullshit.

I can go to my local retailer and get a 4TB drive for a little over $100. Getting up to 150TB would cost me under $4000.
That's fucking nothing. The cost of electricity needed for your idiot plan would probably behigher, than what jewgle has to pay.

You'd make an astonishingly shit soldier.

Suggestions for good Android firmware for a Nexus 6P?

All these "use up GOOG's resources with pointless crap" plans are no good - not because they're too small to hurt the beast, but because they actively help it. Every subscriber, every user, every pointless byte uploaded is VALUE to them. It's something they can show to advertisers, investors, the government, and the public to show how big, important, and far-reaching they are. Sure, you and I know those accounts are fake garbage, and GOOG knows it too, but they're not going to volunteer that information. There are shady businesses that SELL this shit (OK, I admit, I saw this on Silicon Valley, but it's true). You're not hurting anybody by giving them something valuable for free.

Yup, it's probably the only good chrome-ish browser out there. It's either some firecuck fork or that.

Give a mention for teknik.io.
This is a /g/ + Holla Forums project that existed pre-Gamertavistock/Exodus, and has a couple of extras such as encrypted file uploads, git repositories, and pastebin.

I agree with this. You are not going to fuck with Google's resources. You have to replace them with other products.

If you want to De Jewgle your life you might find OpenBSD interesting.

Good concept and found the original of your google chrome image.

It's not going to be easy but it's clear the market is looking for alternatives and there are opportunities in the market for them.

LOL GUYS BOTNET AND MOSSAD TRUST ME.

You can fuck this up

richard stallman says i shouldn't even internet that's why i quit. too risky

Decent advice op, it is important to remember that plugins like self destructing cookies and noscript severely cripple 99% of tracking beacons. Firefox has lots of poz to be sure, but in my experience it can all be disabled, it is open source after all. I personally stick with the esr that I hacked to bits.
hxxps://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
Haven't tried it myself, but I feel like it would have saved me some time if I did.