Final Fantasy Tactics

Would you want a new one for the 3DS (or vita, ugh)?
Or is it just an all lost game now and just a shitty mediocre mobile game now.

Personally, the GBA and DS ones are my favorite games ever.

General Tactics discussion thread and hate on Square for being fags in not seeing the obvious need to make a new Tactics.

I don't think it'd go this route and not have Fiya Embrem faggotry because that's popular

Enjoy it being on 6 full priced games, featuring none of the original features you wanted and totally abandoning what made the original good.

Reddit using nintendrone spotted.

Also

Does there need to be more tactical rpgs? Yes.
Does there need to be more final fantasy games? No.

I'd prefer it if modern square would not desecrate a great game for easy shekels

You don't belong here

A pain in my head
The weekend has arrived for us
Newfags, on the prowl

-user

as someone who has beaten every tactics game twice

no not really, SE has proven that they just have to change stuff up. pretty much the reason we played tactics was because it's an accessible SRPG with plenty of depth and content. if SE were to change the battle system, it wouldn't be the right genre, and if they were to focus on the "story" too much, I'd find myself skipping through the cringe-inducing dialogue.

and after playing FF: brave exvius, I've lost a lot of faith in the FF name. they don't give a fuck what shit they turn out, if it sells to retards (like phone games do) they will call it FF.

Maybe it's about time I give FFT a shot.

Which version would be better to run on a VITA, the PSOne Classic, or War of the Lions?

WotL after adding some balance patches. Best of all, if your vita is below a certain firmware you can load psp isos on it.

Use an emulator

I have a both PSPs and a Vita

But then again, I have 4 XLs and 2 nXLs

This is literally besides the point of the thread.

literally why

my ds lite has worked fine all these years. didn't even feel the need to get a dsi.

n-no, I mean 3DSs
Ofcourse I have DSs and DSi's

Ugh. :^)

So, you have the audacity to call me reddit, but uses sage like it's an ebin downboat:^)

How do I become as cool as you?

>>>/tumblr/

First of all, drop the reddit lingo and leave your company bias at the door. It's not a hard concept. Ugh! Stay upset, nigger. :^)

Are you 12?
Do you really get this triggered over anything?

It's not my fault you have nothing to love.

Stopped reading there

You forgot your image.

You kill yourself.

Ugh, please leave my thread if you are under the age of 21.

wait, this game has been dead for 2 years?

I didn't even give enough of a fuck to know

How embarrassing~!

Why is FFT so overhyped?

The gameplay was okay at best and story was generic.

Do jrpg babbys have this low standard?

People love a rpg/srpg with plenty of classes. Not to mention FFT encourages you to grind out classes that you might pass over to unlock new classes.

I just want another FFTA2

So the grinding class aspect?

Was FFTA2 fun, I 100% FFTA but couldn't get interested enough to go more than 1 hour into FFTA2

I don't know what was missing. FFTA2 just felt like some sort of DLC for the first game.

>>>/reddit/

But FFTA2 just pulled me in much more than A1, it was pretty deep and kinda like a good anime with the character developments, and the amount of sidequests where you have to have some specific party members that interact in the quest together is very nice too.

Everything else is pretty much the same, or so.

A2 has too many unique characters, they should have focused on making more regular classes instead

oh and that Adelle bitch is annoying, the only reason to use her is for the weapons her missions get you

the biggest thing A2 does better is be more accessible, mostly by using the second screen for turn order and not having those stupid laws.

FFT with waifus like Awakening would save the franchise

be careful of what you wish for, user. If we get a new FFT, it will be with Waif-shit

Yeah, Adelle is basically a tsun bitch that never reveals the dere

FFTA2 is already waifu shit.

I really tried to get into the FFT games, even tried Ogre Battle: Let us cling together on the PSP, but what always ruins the game for me is the nanomanagement. This is beyond micromanagement, you have to manually equip every character to control their skill growth and you have to control their stat growth by changing classes. After every single battle you have to check your team, and when buying items there is no sane way of managing anything. Why couldn't we just get skill points to distribute? Making character builds is already autistic enough, you don't have to make it even more autistic by obfuscating it behind a dozen systems.

Disgusting

FFTA and its sequel are complete fucking shit. THE LAW system singlehandedly ruins the game and since the battles are all designed around it as a crutch, it's unsalvageable.

I'm no fan of the series or even owned the game for the PS1 and even I'm not this retarded

I've tried playing Final Fantasy Tactics a bunch of times. It looks like shit. Has autistic amounts of dialogue. Takes a million bits of story to even get going without interuption Has a grid system where everyone which seems irrelevant as everyone just walks wherever they like and hits people from the side (at least this shit made sense in Fire Emblem with blocking paths and only attacking the square next to you), and the best versions seem to be only on mobile or in Japanese from what I remember. Which is all a shame because I love the look of the game, same for Tactics Ogre as well. They have an appealing aesthetic but no game to back it up, kind of like the concept vs game for Final Fantasy as well.

Square are garbage? Have they ever made a good game that isn't about selling concept artwork to autists?

What?… His fucking typing filled me with disgust and he said the GBA tactics were his favorites. FFTA is garbage thanks to a gameplay rule that limits your ability to do things, even more so in the late game. What the fuck

I really enjoyed the Tactics series. Even if I never finished any of them. I got really far in all of them before being forced to quit and never really got back around to beating them.

I guess because the opening is so painfully slow. I think the only one that hits the ground running was…wait a second I was thinking of tactics ogre knight of the lotis for GBA with that one.

But anyway FFT as a series was cool and I enjoyed my time with each entry. I was a tad butthurt with how it handled magic in FFTA2 but I quickly got over it due to the merciful lack of Laws, and enemies not instantly spamming bullshit magic as well.

Any advice for starting FFT? I want to just kinda get started on the game. The best version to play, or problem areas that I should be worried about? Its been so long since I played the original compared to the Advance games as I keep confusing FFT with Tactics Ogre for PS1 [loved the shit out of it despite being terrible at the game]

-3/10.

So saddening to find out about something only to learn that it's something you can never experience

Gee I don't know hipster-kun.

You sure are a faggot

FFT already had waifus, they simply weren't the whole focus of the game unlike nu Fire Emblem

Sadly the drooling waifufags can't appreciate these designs unless they're shoved down their throats with constant ass-kissing from the characters themselves.

Didn't you just say the game was okay at best in your original post? Why are you contradicting yourself? How old are you?

Why would we need FFT when Tactics Ogre does every single thing better?
Faggot.

Delita >>> shit >>>>>>>>>> Vyce and also Tactics Ogre doesn't have a job system nearly as good as FFT's IMO.

Your opinion is a nigger opinion.

C'mon you at least have to admit that Delita is a better character than Vyce "I'M GONNA DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU DO AND ACT LIKE A COMPLETE PIECE OF SHIT FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN TO SPITE YOU" Bozeck.

Back to Tumblr with you

I will concede that Vyce is a faggot, but that's a negligible issue when you weigh in literally every other aspect of the game.
And also go chaos every time.

Also Agrias has been my waifu since the game came out, fight me faggots.

Honestly I think they both can take a page out of each other's books to make a perfect game.

(or vita, ugh)

No.

Not only is Square Enix incapable of making a good video game if their little gook lives depended on it, but say they did somehow assemble the talents behind the original game. I'd be afraid it would turn out to be an Eva rebuild.

No thank you. I don't want this monkey paw shit.

Possible, but will never happen.
Square's too busy making faggot games like Kingdom Hearts and other cancerous bullshit like that.

You have absolutely patrician taste user, Agrias a best.

I wish there was at least another FFT styled game where it's character turns instead of team turns.

**I'm actually trying to make a tabletop game based on its mechanics but dealing with vertical stuff is difficult unless I decide to start making diagrams.

I liked Grimoire of the Rift on the DS, would be cool to have a 3DS one.

Trying to tie it into FF12 can fuck off, though, Vaan and Penelo and the rest were so hamfisted it fucking hurt.

absolutely
but I'd much rather have a proper crystal chronicles game again
Explorers fucking sucked

I just want a modern version of a classic game with all the classic characters like fighter and black mage.

How bad was Explorers? I heard it was a decent but not great MonHun clone if you had friends to play it with.

So I'm told.
You know who never gets any love though?
Meliadoul.

You'd like some of the PSP/GBA remakes then, NES Final Fantasy 1's pretty clunky by today's standards but its remake makes it alright.

it's monhun for retards
imagine Echoes of Time on the DS but in really bad

That doesn't bode well, I already think MonHun's simple but engaging despite all the retards who act like it's the most hardcore fucking game ever. Is there at least a Dragoon or a Dark Knight to play as? Favorite jobs being present in the game would make things at least bearable.

yes those jobs exist after unlocking by playing through the story
the story is you defeat Eidolons, or easier put the summons like Ifrit, Shiva etc.

the little bit of variety you get is color changed Eidolons, that are a bit more angry and actually appear in different locations than usual
with each job you can learn skills and give them perks by using them during a so called "crystal surge"
for example use cure during the "giant surge" to get a cure skill with bigger reach that you can then purchase with Crystal Points

The game doesn't even have that 3D effect, which isn't important at all but a fun detail which makes me think that they either didn't care, or had to rush the thing out and couldn't put it in

I played about 90+ hours now and the game is just lacking

Sounds like it's at least worth the download, worst-case scenario I'll just check it out and fumble around as a Dragoon for a while. Probably won't get anywhere near as much playtime out of it as I have MH so far but it doesn't sound as awful as some made it out to be even if it's lacking. Thanks

it's worth a play, especially if you can pirate it
but I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy it

Hows the Android version? Thinking about getting it for my tablet.