The rating has been going up since yesterday

it's like Fallout 4 all over again
I bet these fags made bank too

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Manning_(fictitious_writer)
myabandonware.com/game/frontier-first-encounters-2b2
archive.is/sY4Tv
archive.is/najHk
twitter.com/innesmck/status/714190891544666113
steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/360672137538566303/
gog.com/game/no_mans_sky
archive.is/DgfMI
archive.is/HznC7
archive.is/85IxR
archive.is/qs1Rf
youtu.be/mGy8HIYBwV0?t=5m29
archive.is/z6a2M
archive.is/dOe1t
archive.is/e3gjQ
youtu.be/OYSZwtRH22Q?t=2m37s
youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M
imgur.com/user/Crazybaboonification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh, certainly. Why do you think Sony paid for all that hype?
They wanted people to pre-order so they'd get fucked on launch.
I have no idea why the fuck people pre-order digital goods. It's not like it's gonna go away if you don't snatch it early. I honestly feel like 90% of the people who buy video games have an IQ lower than 80.

I liked my experience

It's gonna be "mostly positive" by the time this all blows over, but with most the top reviews being negative and Redditors being kinda divided as to whether or not it's a good game.

I'll admit though, at least this gam doesn't hurt as much as Fallout 4. I mean, some hipster numale making an artsy game is one thing, but that Fallout 4 e3 just felt like a spit in my face because of how much they betrayed the core concepts of Fallout amd RPG'S in general. Fuck you todd.

Holy shit nigger, its over double, not fucking more than half of it. Learn english

If anything, it shows it's better to wait it out until the 'GOTY' versions are released.

Oh hey, nuXcom, lets snatch it up
o-oh

Oh what's this? SF4? Yes, count me in!

Yes, the definitive version!

This HAS to be the last one, right?

A-atleast I have all SF4 games…

FO: NV? Hey, nice

But user! You get an exclusive ship, gun and a money boost if you preorder!

I'll be sure to upvote that picture on /r/4chan, friend.

Isn't the NMS guy a tranny?

An exclusive ship THAT BREAK YOUR FUCKING GAME

Probably not untrue considering how easy it is to pirate video games.

I'd rather play games with more content with random generation. Even fucking minecraft with mods has more content and gameplay. And if we're talking autism simulators, Factorio is more autistic. I just don't see the hype behind this.

IT'S NOT A BUG IT'S A FEATURE
IT'S APART OF THE EXPERIENCE

make a thread with a good space exploration game
seconds later , thread is dead

as if i would play the game.

Good stay there.

MC has more gameplay without mods.

Didn't this game take five years to make?
What the fuck were they spending most of that time doing?

no man's sky

My understanding is that a bunch of the so called different species are just mishmashes of assets. Wouldn't it get old after you started to recognize the same assets being used again and again?

If you refund a game on Steam, does your review of the game become invalidated/revoked as well?

It's possible that is why all shit games eventually have such positive reviews, the majority of people that realized it was shit early on refund it and then have their reviews removed. Also, is it possible to get your review "banned" if you curse too much or put something they simply don't like?

THERE ARE 18GOZILLION CREATURES. EVERY CREATURE IS UNIQUE

correct and you notice it very soon! Same for the planets. It only changes in shape and colore, that's it. Just copy paste of different assets. It is not much therefore it gets very soon very boring in your turtle suit.

Part of the reason the game's getting positive ratings on steam is also pic related.

Did they release a massive patch or something? How the fuck can anyone rate this up when the thing hardly ever works for more than 10 minutes without crashing

Creators of the game actually can flag any review as ' Abusive ' even if it's not, signalling for Valve to take the reviews flagged down. Pretty much what happens then, is valve does so without question, or review of the content itself. After all, why spend time reviewing things, when you have an easily ignoreable trouble ticket system on standby for someone to pass a report through if it's accidentally, and wrongfully taken down?

The game is so good that people are creating Steam accounts in droves just to play it! :^)

How can they get away with such patently obvious shit like that?

So now the question is who is actually doing this. Sony or Hello Games?

My money is on Sony since this exact thing happens with every "controversial" (read: shit) game they release.

Sony has a history of shit like this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Manning_(fictitious_writer)

Is there any corporation that doesn't do this though?

Let's assume it's the devs and/or Sony making new steam accounts and buying copies just to post positive reviews, right?
For each copy they buy, they'll only get part of the money back and a cut goes to Valve, so they have no reason to stop them from doing that since it makes good ol' Gabe more money.

We really need to teach people how to deal with regret so they don't fuck up EVERYTHING because they can't handle disappointment. And as such, prevent ratings getting fucked due to useful idiots like so.

This new generation of idiots is getting dumber and dumber by the hour.

I don't think they are 'buying it'. They developer has a lot of keys.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read in the last 2 hours.

Doesn't steam add a little label to the review with something like "this copy has been recieved for free by this user" written on it if a key is used?

It's good for me.

mark my words

take a screen of this

NO MANS SKY 2 WILL SELL EVEN BETTER
The Law of sheepleism.

You've never activated a key on Steam? I hope it's because you don't have a Steam account and not because you're that much of a good goy you never buy games anywhere else.

Sir, you can be autistic all you want, but any more low quality attempts like that and I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

I have activated keys on steam, I just never look at steam reviews because it's pointless and I remember there was a thread about the "this game has been received for free" label some weeks ago.

wouldnt that be nice

Why would anyone in their right minds do this?

there is no trust left in this gaming industry world!

Yep, that's the thing, I didn't know it was optional though. That's pretty retarded.

Why lie if you're not even going to lie coherently

According to SteamSpy, the game sold more than 111,000 on steam alone, not counting PS4 sales, GOG, Humble, iam8bit. retailing for $60 the studio has made at least $4.4 million after the 30% Steam cut. That's pretty dope for an indie studio to make that much on launch. Even if the negative reviews kept pouring in, I think the studio will make more than enough to break even and keep itself up and running.

re review goes away after you get a refund ? that may be it

looks like Holla Forums is btfo again :^)

it just came out faggot, we're reveling in the negative reaction of hype retards, you can be an edgy contrarian who is totally smarter than everyone else later when this gets old

where were you when opinions on Holla Forums became irrelevant for game sales?

it is already old, game wasn't so big!

Sure you did

For you.

I want this "indie" meme to leave

This game is exactly what the developer said it would be, You have a huge galaxy to explore with limitless variations, The fact that you can name every planet and animal you find is just incredible,The game is randomly generated and looks stunning.

Ignore all the bad reviews from gamers with no imagination looking for a cod style shoot em up in space, base building promised in free updates…..

It's definitely not fun, but it's relaxing. It's like playing a dank as fuck screensaver or something. Some people are saying "patches will fix it", but the problems with it are fundamental and I don't see how they could be fixed without a significant rebuild of the entire game.
It's a great time-waster, though. Between this or peggle or snood, I'd probably have to flip a three-faced coin.

So it's more of an experience then a game.

He's not a thinking creature. He's PROCEDURALLY GENERATED.

Yeah, I'd be really hard-pressed to call it a "game" with a straight face.

Steam level 0 means the profile is private

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe,

you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

I agree, Sean.

SF and some other fighters were always like this, every new SF game has 100 different Turbo HD Ultra Fuck Chun Li's Thighs Champion Overlord of the Universe editions before moving on to a new game.

Have some OC from the last thread.

Here's an idea.
If you don't give a shit about a game,
don't pay attention to it.

The screenshots.

Everybody is laughing at how it failed.
Its as bad as the TORtanic, almost.

wew you must be very new

Non the main one.

Here's an idea.
If you don't give a shit about a political issue,
don't pay attention to it.

when I first started the game I thought there was something wrong with my PC, but now I see that the game just looks horrible. I also often come across 2D sprites, looks horrible, almost got lost in a cave because of it, I was in a tight corner and wherever I turned my camera the fucking plants followed me

Please, jump on the bandwagon. Tell me how enlightened your opinion is on a game you've never played.

Was this compiled by a 16 year old?

Nice one trips, but he's joking.

I have to say the guy beside sean is really handsome.

I clipped through the ceiling of a cave, and got stuck there for a while.

what are some good space games
all the talk about this shitty one makes me want to play some good ones but I've never dabbled in the genre before.
Any experts?

It's a good joke.

Why do they care so fucking much?

Fucking shills.

Fucking hell

wow, talk about being delusional. Besides Blood and Wine came out this year

myabandonware.com/game/frontier-first-encounters-2b2 here you go, get dosbox.

Wing Commander: Privateer is great for beginners. Not the best in the genre, but easy to understand and play.

Homeworld, Nexus, Elite, Freespace

where wore you when spore 2 never got released nor will it ever be

Were you not around for the various console/platform wars of Holla Forums? Sunk costs and all that. Mark may have his flaws but the one major thing I've agreed with is the removal of console wars threads on sight. Probably the one thing that's improved here since 2014.

I love how when it's reversed they think the "haters" are down voting the positive reviews like autistic

I played X3 years ago and it was sweet, Rebirth I think it was. Elite: Dangerous is pretty comfy for flying around, but it's pricey. The expansion packs allow you to land on planets and board other ships, or at least that's what I've been told, I've only got the basic game.

It is, I'm just amazed the guy making the pic took it seriously.

Why do this in this day and age? Hell if you make an early access game you can get stupid goyim to do your beta testing for you AND pay for it with their very own shekels!

This is yet another example as to why you should never get "hype" over anything let alone preorder.

Star control 2 is amazing, word of warning though if you do plan on playing it have a note pad next to you and write down everything.

Just a quick question.
Do any of you believe they went almost half way trough development and said fuck, we fucked up.

And in the end they could not say, yeah. That exploration game you wanted, was just a survival game all along.

So Sony was like holy fucking shit bro, what are we gonna do? wait another year, and pay for more development of the game or pay allot of shills to shill the game.

We kinda know which direction sony took at this one.

Will Death Stranding be safe?

Examples of positive comment:
"Woaw! The game didn't crash on startup, 10/10"
"This game deserves a 10/10 because of all the hate"
"If you lower your expectations, it like totally deserves like literally a 10/10"

"positive"

At this point, I'd let idiots waste their money on shit.

Old PC games are like a different universe of video games.
I grew up as a console pleb while these games were coming out, and looking back on what PC games used to be like I can see why PC elitists hate consoles so much; they forced pretty much every game to be dumbed down.

Why pay people or let people get bored of your game when you can do a 1.01 release day patch?

Reminder that Parkan 2 did everything what No Man's Sky did, but better.

The problem is, that ED stretches 30 min worth of gameplay to 30 hours.
There are quests that require you to stare at a loading screen five hours straight.
The most popular mod for this game is one which allows you watching Netflix while you're playing.

Because they wasted so much time buying into the hype and buying the game.

It's like with MGSV. Soon people will get over the hype and go "eh its just okay"

True enough. The release day patch should also be larger than the base game itself.

Don't forget to read the manual. Those were a thing, back then. And very necessary. A lot of them were even fun to read.

No man!

Probably by an autist. Obviously the one with the MAGA umaru icon is being sarcastic.

"Woaw! The game didn't crash on startup, 10/10"
The GoG version I pirated crashes on startup. Anyone else getting that?

Manuals back then were pretty big for PC games. It's not like how it is now where at best you just like one piece of paper explaining the controls.

Their PR-"guy" is a woman pretending to be a man.

She's no PR-"guy". She's a programmer for this shit.

No, at least fallout 4 was a game.

Isn't the cunt a programmer or something? Or was she just pretending to be one, much like she pretends she has a dick?

It requires SSE4.1 and OpenGL 4.5 or it crashes right away. It's a literal C&P from the PS4.

Yeah, she pretended to be one and probably responsible for everything wrong with pc port.

That could explain a lot about the quality of their coding.

How could that be?

What is this game and why haven't I heard about it before?

Nu male cucks and trannies are a dangerous combination.

I assume it has more to do with the fact she is an insane lunatic unhinged from reality.

Who gives mentally ill people programming duties?

It's Russian.

at-least mgs5 was a decent game but got old too fast. tried a second playtrough on a new save. The problem with mgs5 was repetitiveness in the side missions and the sudden end of everything.

If Kojima would only made Ground Zeros-like missions I would be OK with it. It did not need allot of the open world shit. Just contain it in a single level and open level and let it breath in like old wine.

The No Man's Sky thing will not die out fast only because there are too many that had gigantic hopes and dreams for the game.

(checked)
A lot of them also had introductions to the game world and stuff like that, but you could also explain that by the fact that they had to cut that out in game for disk space.

Still doesn't stop older games to in general have more ingame content than their modern counterparts.

Archive of their gamergate tweets archive.is/sY4Tv

Pic related archive.is/najHk

Hazel McKendrick is a "transmale lesbian" aka a bull dyke

twitter.com/innesmck/status/714190891544666113

Kek

Rad, thanks guys.
I'll check this stuff out.

Why are women totally incapable at creating art?
All their films, novels, and paintings are all absolute shit that's made with the sole intention of targeting their gender, they never make anything that has any meaning outside of "IM A WOMAN", they just pander to other women. Frankenstein was alright I guess.

MGS5 would have been great if they had managed to implement the mechatank (and customization), like you said, mission variety, made Motherbase more engaging and content rich and put more "meat" on the team missions (something like an XCOM side game would have been fucking awesome).

Alas, as it is, it's a sad testament of what could have been. Pity nobody will pick up the concept behind it, ape the gameplay and deliver a finished product.

So close

Growing up while gaming on a PC back then felt like a fucking completely different world.

That seems to be a problem with space games in general though, space has too much space. I spent most of my time on it flying around and getting into dogfights. Didn't know about the Netflix mod, that's pretty funny.

You know they've really jewed it when both the release day is buggy and you think "this game is a bit shallow for x years dev time" and then there's a release patch and DLC within the next few months.

I wish I grew up with PC games.

They actually tried back then, today it's all console ports with slightly better graphics and mods.

well darkspore exists

Manuals for any games in general where big even on consoles. I personally blame games like COD 4 for being popular for the crisis we are in. now its like there is no effort in any game sector, no real experimentation or just making weird games.

I remembering having a pirated version of LSD on PSX, that was experimental as fuck, that game could not have been made today.

That's because Shelley didn't keep repeating or hinting to the fact that yes she is a woman and yes she wrote this book.
There's been a shitton of art that I really enjoyed and later I found out that it was made by a woman. Imagine if men did that shit "Whoa dude look how awesome this book I wrote is, by the way did you know I have a penis?"

This thing were behind gendered pronounces for creatures.

Yes, her.

Back then they actually gave a fuck about the medium and had ambition. These days it's just lizards in suits and leftist cucks masturbating each other off by showcasing how pretentious they are.

Games are not games anymore, they're "experiences".

Oh you dont want to grow up scared for life of The glow, dark urban ruins, radiation or robots from fo1 or addicted to shitty metal because of doom

No it doesn't, the game was always online and EA shut the servers down.

I grew up with them, but my potato couldn't run them.

I don't read nip, what are they saying?

But that's fucking wrong. You're just only playing console ports for some reason. There are lots of great new PC only games.
For example

Well, i guess its because it looks like pokemon to them.

Why does CoD get the blame for being successful?

It's not like Kotick made everyone else in the industry ape CoD in a vain attempt to eat into its niche.

The problem is that the people that actually cared about games and what could be done with them aren't the majority in the industry. It's not Pajeet and his fellows shitting up the code and film school rejects salty they aren't Jewish and couldn't hack it in Hollywood.

I have no idea, but they're eating it up apparently.

Man
Woman
Mentally Ill

Judging by the quality of Japanese PC games and ports, I'd say: they are used to games running at 30fps and looking like ass.

Top kek

If CoD didn't succeed we'd still have Medal of Honor and Battlefield killers.

Oh shit OP, what are we going to do?

CoD was just a clone of Medal of Honor, that game deserves to be blamed instead.

give me a link I need to use that for pasta

I see someone baked fresh pasta

Proceduraly color me proceduraly surprised.

Their whole argument resolves around the idea that there's a difference between biological sex and made-up-the-way-I-feel-inside-right-now gender. Fine, but many questions remain: did you ask these animals what their perceived made-up gender is? How does your scanner know if they self-identify as attack helicopters? How confortable do you feel forcing your belief upon those creatures? What are their favourite pronouns? How is knowing their made-up gender relevant to the "scientific discovery" aspect of the game? Additionally, why is there no way to know their biological sex, which makes much more sense on a scientific standpoint? Why is there even an "unknown" gender if you can just make shit up?

Milestone still not reached: finding any level of self-awarness.

It came from reddit, pretty sure the dude was serious too.

Now that was some good cinematic experience

steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/360672137538566303/

GoG users are still smart.
gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

I Am Euphoric: The Post

This is like when Avatar aired and people came out the cinemas crying that their lives had been changed forever.

sky haters…
You, Yes. you. The one screaming, 'There's no multiplayere and "Sean Murray use and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly. Wu are one. We are hund.s, thousands. Millions. You aren't. IN the minority; you ARE the minority. I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Ma. Sky around others, a. your words don't affect me. Many oMers. however, are .ming out oft. shells for the first time in Meir lives. This is Me first tme many are entoying the .autrful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS .auttful. Incredbly so. DON'T ruin this for Mem, We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences. but we will not hesitate .me to the ad of our fellow explorers, especiaIN against someone …virulently slurs.. which has brought us all together. Dung take Ms the wrong way. I don't ha. you. I don't fear you. pity ro, I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly. though. I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and tier. others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own valeley, you ne. to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your .ff-wogh is ….ally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at Dad in your own denatured mi., just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that dayen and day-out you have to put up with your woghless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life. I ask you froliteN to cease your unnecessary cr. for ellen., and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man'sSky.and breathe in the splendour a. the amazement of your f rist planet, a. then, maybe, just may., you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

WE ARE LEGION
NEVER FORGET

Im just going to wait for a 75% sale to buy it, at that time it will be already patched

Why not pirate it?

Good news, there's a 100% sale at your local torrent site right now.

Guys, i don't want to spend another day copying shit from steam and reddit. Please remind me that i should stop, if i'l do it again.

Just pirate the gog version you dumbass.

You.
Yes, you. The one screaming, "There he is!" and "He posted it again!" and other slurs I dare not mention.
Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Baneposting around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful scene that has been filmed for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We Baneposters may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow brothers, especially against hotheads who so virulently slur that which has brought us all together.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you, and now is not the time to fear you.
I pity you.
I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Nolan is such a Bane? to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to put out others fires. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.
I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Stop reporting baneposters, start rising the fire, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of Nolan's masterpiece, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Most of them are… then you have morons like this one:

Or that other one:
It's repetitive, which I think is bad, but it's also the kind of repetition I like, so it's cool. What?

Pls tell me where I can get this mod.

Those are the people that destroyed all our hobbies.

Holly shit, I just checked out twitter. I haven't seen this many of the Zoe Quinn, Maya Kramer SJW click shill a game this hard in a long time.

I imagine they want to retroactively attach Hello Games to their clique, these guys will have a lot of money and they're obviously rubes

Some people enjoy things they know are bad for them. Like those faggots who enjoy cutting themselves.

Bruh, they have an outspoken tranny cunt on their team, and Sean looks like that numale pic shat him out.

That would explain the nonsensical "gender pronouns".

Rebirth is a piece of shit SHIT!

Fuck it was Prelude I had. I don't think I even played Rebirth.

wrong. They do it because it's good for them in some way. The cutting cunts get attention or an endorphin rush

But they still understand that it is unhealthy. A lot of them even feel guilty for doing it.

It's more likely that the Hello Games crew had a modicum of sense and didn't overtly throw their weight behind Van Valkenburg and her goonsquad because their game was in constant meltdown during the years when GG was at its height.

But make no mistake, these guys have essentially just made an overhyped walking simulator and they thought they could sell this shit as an "experience" that's supposed to evoke feelings and emotions.

They never wanted to make a game. They wanted to make a lonely space simulator, and if they had the avenue to make it about a black gay trans muslim wxmyn pontificating about patriarchy, they probably would have.

2007 was truly the end of the world

Doesn't the PS4 use AMD hardware though?

No man's sky for pc is a ps4 emulator, that emulates amd, but doesn't support amd. And it works entirely through opengl.

NEWER AMD hardware. It doesn't support older stuff that's still perfectly usable. Upgrade to that i7 goyim!

Yes, and it's literally the PS4 game running on Windows. They used all the exact features that the PS4 offers including SSE4.1.

These "legacy AMD CPUs" were sold new until last year, because AMD hadn't got any better. They were finally phased out with the preparation for Zen.

Basically, they managed to outdo Bethesda in sheer incompetence?

Not like it wasn't expectable, to be honest. If big devs like bethesda nowadays make shit games, then indie fags even worse than that.

Indeed. It's not even a port. It's
and the more it diverts from that platform, the more it will break.

Sony shills are working overtime, that's to be expected.
All those morons saying it's an indie game, jesus fuck

They never betrayed any of those.

wow its only made by 10 people go back to cod you sheep

Man I thought I knew lazy porting job, but this is literal copy&paste porting.

Dev worshipping needs to stop. Neogaf needs to fucking die.

I doubt they're sony shills, maybe a very small hand full are.
My bets are the majority are idiots who preordered and hyped this thing to hell and back and now are trying really hard to justify their purchase, it happens all the fucking time.

Now it remains to be seen if there is any hope of them unfucking this mess.

It's a game made by an indie-sized team of developers with indie-tier skill financed with AAA-level funding by one of the largest consumer electronics hardware manufacturers on the planet.

How fast is the guy who greenlit this idea gonna fall on his ceremonial display sword?

see

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
I swear I've seen so much shilling for space trucker, did they pay their PR department to shill their shitty empty game because of all the people looking for space sims after this shitty empty game is released?

this is proof that sandboxes and procedural generation shit needs to die off, minecraft ruined that entire genre. You can't even have a sandbox game without it needing crafting, survival and procedural generation

mods will fix it :^)

This Sean guy is pretty good, we might have to acquire him.

Check fucking mate you cunt and unlike numanscry Space Engine is free AND competently programmed, also No One Buys is one galaxy not a universe.

can you actually do stuff in it?

Is Sean even real?

It's made by guys who have no clue how to build PC games.
For example you detect processor features on startup and then select the right code path. So you end up with supporting any 64 bit CPU - which is completely sufficient for a 2016 game.
For a console of course, there no detection is needed, you use the exact feature matrix the hardware provides.

huh

almost like it was designed for a certain console in mind…

Are quadrupintulion planets of NMS real?

He is probably getting promoted. They don't lose out if Hello Games goes under, and they can get people to play the ps4 because it just so happens, mere coincidence, that the ps4 is the better version.

Sony wins yet again!!

How do you think he's taking this?

Fuck him, he can barely fucking write above a 5th grade level.
I hate well meaning people who just fuck things up for everyone.

If people want to defend No Man Buys here is a quick 2013-2016 recap of public statements by HelloGames
NMS 2013-2016
December 2013 archive.is/DgfMI
July 2014 archive.is/HznC7
October 2014 archive.is/85IxR
“We don’t know,” says Murray. “We don’t know if people will spread evenly out across the universe, or whether they’re going to corral into areas that have already been explored, whether they will form little trade routes, little strips of familiar worlds, going from the outside edge like the spokes of a wheel toward the centre of the galaxy

Early 2015 archive.is/qs1Rf
June 2015 youtu.be/mGy8HIYBwV0?t=5m29
July 2015 archive.is/z6a2M

March 2016 archive.is/dOe1t
May 2016 archive.is/e3gjQ youtu.be/OYSZwtRH22Q?t=2m37s

From the empty, 2013-2014, promises that using words like MMO, sandbox, exploration, ext. To the 2015-2016 deliverables of interaction limited to people seeing what someone named a planet for fish, and a universe so big it should be statistically impossible to find another person. Looking back at the old interviews and footage makes this flop even worse. If they dropped the mystery and were direct about their project at least the backlash would have been quiter. A simple spin for the lack of multiplayer could be to say while the game is multiplayer and can be online; players cannot directly interact. The universe is so big it will take all of us to discover it together. Maybe make a comment about not wanting to people to "waste" time discovering an explored planet. Generic we are all in this together stuff. Sean told a half truth and that is like taking half a shit in the toilet. In the end it all has to come out and in this case the other half hit the fan and now everyone is standing in a room covered in the shit that is No Man's Sky.

I'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep over these reviews in his mansion

There's something to be said for guilty pleasures.
Then again, if all you enjoy are guilty pleasures, there might be something wrong with you.

fallout 4 all over again. :}

Is Sony this desperate for the PS4 to have other games besides Bloodborne?

it could be fucking 70% and that would still be awful for a game that was supposed to be the next step forward and has been hyped since fucking 2008

low effort bait

Can't fucking win with these people

maybe no mans sky 2 is better

here is the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

well, it is smoother, more animals and isn#t so damn slow.

How I feel about the games industry and the world right now.

I put up all the advertising stuff at Target, and we have two video game "new release" endcaps in front of the video game aisles. They're the first thing you see when you walk up to the electronics department looking for games. Every week, they get new sign toppers to advertise for whichever game paid Target the most to be advertised there. One of the endcaps was advertising Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens for a solid month. The Lego SW sign was finally replaced by No Man's Sky this past tuesday. Either the timing is convenient and Disney decided LSWTFA had been advertised enough by then, or sony paid A LOT to displace them. In any case, they had to be the highest bidder vs whatever else was coming out that week, or had recently released.

Reason for COD is because it was profitable, I would go on and say Halo but to be honest not that many where on xbox and fps games where so niche on consoles on the ps2 and xbpx, devs tried time and time again to make a fps game work on consoles. Sometimes there where good enough fps's like MOH but halo was the oh dude, this is epic dude while eating nachos and drinking mt dew.

Yes, its sad to say I was one of em that where into the niche of fps on consoles so I knew the pain. cod4 was shown and it all changed and the whole internet thing that was a focus on console gaming.
So in the beginning in the xbox life cycle there where more good games, later it became a drill with hur lets make some fps game. And it was OK but I would never have imagined that the fps highs of cods mp level design and later BF would change gaming to be more predictable. Also the other bad guy is jewbisoft, if one sees a game its the same thing, there is a blueprint to a jewbisoft game. So I would blame allot of shit onto why games are shit, but I would blame, there is less experimentation and less woow moments like there used to be in games back in the day.

Now when one buys a game, you can almost know what the game is going to be like. Its not a woow factor anymore. It kinda makes me sad.

Even Indie games are predictable it will either be a fps horror game with no weapons. Or it will be an OK survival game that tries to do what dayz is doing, even tough they are in forever land in early access.

there is no more omg this is awesome dude. Its a blueprint now with gaming and it sucks, don't get me wrong there where many blueprint games on the ps2 and xbox of games but not nearly as much as now.

nigga i ain't clickin on that shit you better make a damn webm

"consistently in this range" is still the proper use of the word as long as it never drops below 50 or goes above 60. But since it's capped at 30 we know he's lying.

webm is 20mb, to big for Holla Forums.

he is procedurally generated

WOULD YOU LICK IT?

I know, deep inside you, you want to do it.

so how long until the number of planets is proven to be WILDLY incorrect

^I found the cuckold.

Fallout 3 has over 200 endings, goy

Someone post the bingo.

they are procedurally generated so I don't think it's incorrect.

How about I procedurally generate my dick into your boipvssy

Actually the way the game works is it generates new planets the more each player explores in random directions, which are then saved by their servers and added to the sum for everyone. So the claim is incorrect right now but could be correct in the future.
He probably came up with the number by calculating the maximum number of different permutations of planet features. So you could have two identical planets and the only difference is one has grass that's a different shade of purple.
So the statement will only be correct when every possible combination of planetary features has been generated, which will probably never happen because of a combination of not enough people playing, and nobody playing long enough to generate more than a dozen worlds.

STAR CONTROL 2

I heard that Skyrim remasterd in hd is even better than the other skyrim with mods. It even so good that they made skyrim first and fallout 4 second. That is why fallout 4 came out last year, so when you play Skyrim again it will feel like a new game again.

Doing God's work user.

at least todd never lied. people just misunderstood him.

sure he didn't goy

18 quintillion get

Lying will do that to you.

This, they get so distracted by his good looks they dont listen properly.

Hey little guy, what's it like being 5'5"?

I agree, plus I'm so hansom and incredibly intelligent.

probably snorting cocaine off their token tranny's ass

Mods will fix it

Yes, I would recommend fallout4 it has a good combat feel, it feels like a first person shooter like the MP games you guys enjoy.
Also fallout 4 just works with the building mechanics of the game. Everything in fallout 4 just works.

So why should you not buy Skyrim again? First off the game is remastered in HD that even the mods from the original does not looks so good as the new HD game. hell, when you go and explore Skyrim again it will feel like a new game all over again. Its amazing. After all Skyrim was a first game when we- I mean, Bethesda was making and porting it over to xbox one and ps4.

It was a Skyrim first and fallout 4 second that is why you are going to buy and enjoy Skyrim again, with hd quality.

it took eight years to make

LOL

So, what was the budget for this turd? Any estimates out there?

I really want to know where this info is from.
I looked everywhere and Todd's height is nowhere to be found

Ever heard about No Man's Sky? It took twelve years to make.

Do not believe the lies about his height, he is actually very tall and handsome.

checked

no u

kek
Good. Hopefully the more retards that are tricked into buying this piece of shit, the more retards that will learn to not fall for hype.

omg nothing on his lies and overhype with promises?

samefag

THE SHIP IS META COMMENTARY

STOP BEING AN ENTITLED MANCHILD

space station 13

That's because they went from defending the game with nonsensical bullshit (when the game leaked and there was ton of speculation as of what you could/would/should do in the game) to being agressive rabbid fanboys toward everyone who wasn't in line with their fetish (when it became possible for people to complain on rating sites – when their opinion started to really matter)

is this someone who plays the game or is shilling th egame?

imgur.com/user/Crazybaboonification

he seems to be 24/7 on imgur.

Are they on the way to become the worst fanbase in vidya? Will they topple Tumblrtale?

you pirated it and are enjoying it, but you would still agree that anyone who thinks it is worth $60 is a dumbass, right?

The account is a week old, looks like, so i think its a shill.

I played the game for a couple of hours and then uninstalled it.

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

They just needed to take a couple of pages out of Subnautica's book as well as Elite's and then it might have been something.

2/10

I saw that comment a couple times while reading youtube comments.

Doubt it, this game will last a few months and will only survive on the "patches" released to get people to play. Since there are no defining characters or moments, and there is nothing to draw or get rabid about so the game will subside to nothingness.

I forgot to mention that my performance wasn't nearly as bad as I thought considering the reviews I saw before playing. Outside of some stuttering, it's not terrible.

Not really, but Sony has a special place as to how blatant they keep on doing it time and time again.

Or just mine the stacks of super common iron and plutonium, Make a bunch of the simple autohacker item, sell for large profit, repeat till you can just buy anything you'll ever need.

since when is PC games being optimized for console controllers and not kb and mouse, a good thing?

Do you use a AMD card? If so AMD cards work better with OpenGL. Strangely NMS only uses OpenGL.
It works alright on my rig, which is a bit of medium range pc.

Hello Sean

AMD had a driver update released for this game

and the game is slow as hell.

Poor slavshit here, my cpu can't run this shit can it?

Is X Rebirth a better game than this? It doesn't seem to have planet exploration, but it has space station exploration, and same kind of cockpit.

Also i could never get into X series in general.

You can forget about it.

yeah, thought so

Not because its poor, its because game has absolutely no support for amd processors.

The hell?

Havent updated that driver in months though.

What I said and what you interpreted it as are completely different. And it is most certainly not optimized for either KB&M or gamepad when it comes to flying.

I'm actually using a GTX 970, which I foolishly bought before the 3.5gb episode.

Well then I dont know, the port is one hell of a fuck up anyways.

Things that would vastly help this game:

Double the inventory slots on all ships. Hell I'd rather they removed the ability to magically teleport shit to my ship and massively increase the ship storage instead. Especially if they're going to do this 'a small knife or bead takes the same space as 250 units of a material' stuff.

Add planetary rovers for faster land based travel. Searching the surface of planets would be fun in a goddamn mako type of buggy.

Language nodes teach multiple words at a time.

Have crafting formulas available for sale from npcs as well as being randomly scattered around on planets.

Places to actually look over and buy space ships from instead of having to wait for a npc in a better ship to randomly pass by so you can offer to buy his ship.

Ditto for buying multitools. This 'one tool a planet' shit is dull as fuck. Especially since I have yet to see one that's better than the one I bought on the very first planet.

Much slower energy drain on life support and environmental shields

I can't even fathom the kind of moron that could be entertained by this for more than 2 hours. You spend all your time grinding resources to craft warp cells, then once you warp you can…do it all over again… I guess I'm just an old man that doesn't understand video games or what's cool any more.

user, those ideas are no good. Game just needs real content and gameplay mechanics to make it a game. Rebalancing it won't help.

It needs fundamental gameplay things like building and/or multiplayer.

they always accuse NMS haters of being CoD fans. never any other game

I like how call of duty was first game ever to be bashed for being so blatantly shit for an aaa product.

But now its a normalfag buzzword.

It has been their go to "insult" for quite some time. Apparently real gamers play skyrim and if you dont like it you should go back to CoD

Real games play fallout 4.

If i'm in the minority, then that poster is a racist for targetting me.

I know how you feel man. I just decided to browse Street Fighter V's top review on the Steam page and I see this shit. Mindless fanboyism is mindbogglingly to me.

It was lovingly crafted by a small team of 10 people!

Now give us $60!

It's true. As much as I am enjoying all these fanboy tears, I think NMS could've been a decent $20 game if they had stripped out survival, crafting, and some other features and focused on making sure the procedurally generated planets were actually interesting to explore.

At least it makes a little bit of sense with something like SFV. Street Fighter is a long running, extremely well known series that has good reason to build up a legion of fanbois (regardless of how misplaced their loyalty is). Why the hell does NMS even have fanboys at all? What made so many people to decide to pick that particular hill to die on? Joe Danger couldn't have been that fucking good and built up this much good will for Hello Games.

A friend of mine has played a total of 3.5 hours before playing a different game. He gave it a positive review and defends it when I give him shit "because it was fun".

To make it worse, he's a poorfag who doesn't even have enough money to spend on a $60 game. Pretty sure that by giving it shit I just made him double down on his shit decision.

I'm with you, user. I'm an oldfag that's been playing vidya since the late 80s, so when I looked at NMS I immediately thought 'So what's the point in playing beyond the first planet?'

I get the 'explore / build / fight' stuff in Minecraft because you can really have unique games each time with different world seeds, but NMS doesn't seem to have anything like that.

Yet you see kids championing the game like it's the second coming of christ.

I feel like goddamn Principal Skinner with the 'Am I out of touch? No.. it's the children who are wrong!' bit. Except I'm right.

pretty sure this belongs under The Good category

Its like these faggots haven't heard of Guilty Gear. Now there's a damn well made fighting game.

Those aren't kids, those are San Franciscan, coffee-stained hipsters that think combat mechanics in games are outdated. It's just that their incoherent, rambling posts defending the game in all caps for free make them seem like children.

Pretty sure it's mostly just 13 year olds who haven't played enough games for this formula to be shit and got completely sold on the hype like kids do

Autism. What would you suggest? Aspergers Spreadsheet Domination 4000?

Millennials are stunted adults.

They're kids, user.

but user, most of Holla Forums are millennials.

This means "I dont think it's that bad of a game" but thats all I can give you.

I know, and I die a little more inside whenever I think about it.

It is up to you to carry on the torch, educate the youth which have not yet been lost.
Or just kill yourself, seems to be the more popular choice.

There's no education at this point, user.

The Golden Age of Vidya has passed. I'm just glad I was of prime game playing age and opportunity to enjoy it.

The only thing left to do now is to wait for the end.

What is this an extract from? It makes me a little bit suspicious with "The Welfare State" under the title "The Fate of Empires". Isn't welfare typically something more recent? Or has it been tried under different systems by different names in the past?

The Fate of Empires was written in the early 1900s by John Bagot Glubb.

It's an essay that you could probably read inside of an hour and is available online all over the place for free.

Check it out, it's an insightful analysis of past empires. And it's also horrifying.

Sometimes I wish I had that privilege, but I still have a long way ahead of me. At least I can witness the fire.

Nothing if something wonderful happens.

And it's also an entry level stuff compared to Spengler.

The Decline of the West is basically The Fate of Empires in book form.

Both good for what they are, both pointing the same dire picture.

I need to re-read the Decline of the West, actually. Thanks for reminding me, user.

Thanks, will give it a read, along with Spengler. I don't normally read books often and just take in the world around me, but I feel like I peaked a few years ago so I need to step my game up.

Good on you, user.

Just make sure you have a stiff drink nearby, because once you finish and then look at things around you, you'll realize how far we've fallen.

MEDIOCRE

S-so, are there even any stars to be found? Besides the ones that arbitrarily show up during the "warp speed" which from what I understand is just the game loading.

Nah, but they plan to release it as a actual open source engine for games once they are done doing the basic things like plants and such.
Otherwise enjoy the beauty it is.