/ogc/ : Racing Vidya General - Multi Track Listening Edition

Old bread:

Mumble Server Information:
Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

What car games are you looking forward to?
Also IIRC there isn't an up-to-date wheel buying guide, it would be useful to have one

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!P9BlwCiY!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.gaming.input.racingwheel.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mode_7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_FX
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/16/driveclub-vr-confirmed-for-playstation-vr-out-this-year/
archive.is/0quJi
mega.nz/#!AoFBgDwa!gIjesNfRqOQHRXvpvIXVMyKXcx0piTF0acFUNzx-ljM
mega.nz/#!kxFXhADJ!WMaCHpovwWoLQG4WBqmcTfbt4GkxpZmm-7eBRLcLLMo
community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9199.0.html
github.com/zaps166/NFSIISE
archive.is/djVt5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cancer.

hello mates

Has there been news regarding top gear since the blonde faggot got kicked out?

Anyone play GP4 here, its pretty comfy.

toppest kek

I think it went on pretty much unnoticed as this was sufficient to quiet the hordes of retards on the internet.

Should I buy FH3?

Here's a copy of Outrun 2006. Splash Wave to the max.

Remember to get the TX Mod for force feed back support and full screen window

mega.nz/#!P9BlwCiY!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4

Remember SEGA will never make a sequel as great as this.

Opa

First I've heard of it. Looked it up and it said he quit **But he's an egotistical weasle so he's probaly saying he quit instead of being sacked.

The question now is Will Top Gear be good after they dump everyone but Good Chis, midly amusing Dindin Du, Joey, and Sabrine for special occasions

But even more pressing then that is When will the TGT come out and Where the fuck are we going to pirate it?

Do you own 4? Then no.

Nice, even though I won't be grabbing it. I played it once before but didn't really grab me.

It looks quite good so why not. I'm very much on the fence, might wait until there's some wheel compatibility list.

Why would you play that with an FFB wheel? I tried various Burnout games with a G27 and it's pretty uncomfortable to play. My brain kept trying to apply actual physics to the car.

Also,

kurwa blyat
Also when will they make a Vladivostok - St Petersburg rally on soviet shitboxes

Amazon shows aren't available on many countries, so eventually someone will pirate them

TG is available on rarbg, so I can forsee TGT being on there as well.

I would play that so hard.

Like, a version of NFS The Run except across Russia and with the best car being a riced Lada. Soundtrack would be something like GTA IV's Vladivostok FM.

Also don't forget GOP FM (see embed) and Vitas for people with more refined taste

Anyway, we should consider doing an updated wheel buying guide kinda like the one in the OP, what are the up to date wheels?

What did he mean by this?

G29 is more expensive and not as recommendable because of that
Fanatec no longer has affordable wheels
T300RS has become quite recommendable, but shit pedals

All I can think of

there needs to be at least one mention of used G45s on eBay for the ultimate poorfag

fuck

The DFP the ultimate poorfag wheel, you'd be hard pressed to find a cheaper wheel that isn't an absolute piece of shit.

G27: $250G25: $150DFGT: $60DFP: $30

Though if you start recommending used wheels, there needs to be a line telling people how dirty these things get. Sure, being a fan of grease and pubes is probably a niche fetish but there are some people who might to like that.

G25/27 pedals for example, they're huge and empty, with 3 big openings at the top. Very surprised by the amount of shit there was in there last time I disassembled them.

I said a while back that we would have to wait for an OS update to get wheel support in UWP, and as it turns out Windows 10 1608 actually came with this update.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.gaming.input.racingwheel.aspx
The interesting bit on the documentation is the wheel support list. Which in itself is very interesting because it supports the old Momo FFB wheel but not the DFGT. Could just be an oversight, after all if it's using the Logitech framework it should work with all wheels. Fanatec support is limited to the top end unit, but that seems to be Fanatec's strategy since they stopped producing affordable hardware.

If I had a DFGT I'd just launch Visual Studio and write some trivial code to check whether it's detected, but I don't.

This better be a paint in Forza or NASCAR Heat sooner than later

genesis/snes era racing games are shit since almost none of them are actually 3D and they instead use a poorly synced image going from top to bottom

there were so close to ded.

next gen bumper removal tactics

Thought they were pouring a piss bottle in there at first kek.

Well user, I do believe some tests need to be conducted now that you brought it up.

What level does Lolicore fall into? Somewhere in 5-6?

Same as yesteryear nigger removal tactics.

Well considering they were pouring in Corona you're not far off.

I ain't clicking that shit nigga but I'd imagine outcast

Just posting pics of cars for no real reason.

What is the absolute most realistic racing sim so I can experience the soul-crushing reality of the mundane act of driving around in a loop at high speed in full soul-crushing reality?

Genesis racing games were shit

The SNES was able to acheive somewhat better shit (at least for the time) using the power of Mode 7 and eventually the FX chip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mode_7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_FX

Mario Kart

I'm looking for a nice steering wheel that xbone compatible for the new Forza coming out
The Microsoft branded one looks shit and it doesn't even have a shifter

I don't know that much about the wheel market, and something that doesn't have a price that's through the fucking roof is a plus

Prob G920, TMX is a nice choice for something cheaper but the pedals aren't as nice. Not nearly as bad as DFGT pedals though. Maybe possible to use a TMX with a T3PA(-Pro) for cheaper than a G920.

Though I suspect that the wheels compatible with Forza Horizon 3 on X1 are going to be the same as on PC, and the PC list is there so maybe you can find a used G25/27.

Took a look at what Fanatec does now.
wut

200cc is a real mans Mario Kart

"Gotta go fast" levels of "manly manly manly men"?

I'm talking Turbo Graphics at Light Speed with a side of Speed of Sound type speed

Every turn and every feeling you get perfectly timing your drifts and breaks at 200cc feels like sex

How come Mario Kart doesn't have an item list to turn off stuff like SSB? Unless there is I haven't played any Mario Kart since Double Dash

Also it doesn't look terribly fast though it could just be Rainbow road

Bump

Not as impressive as the guy gong over someone like a Dukes of Hazzard episode.

Also seriously you're the first person to post after I did before I went to Work?

Anyways here's some Meatloaf with 40k images to remind us There will never be a 40K or Brutal LegendRacing game.

Mario Kart 8 was super "wow" when I first played it but now I can't even survive more than one round in the bathroom with it

Guess I'm selling my Wii U soon

Anyone here know if Trackmania Turbo is good compared to United? Loved playing that shit against my dad and I need a racing game that doesn't make me shit bricks

Anyone that has IDSS on ps2 can recommend me a good wheel?

Any Logitech wheel up to the G27 included. They all have the PS2 mode fallbacks and will work in compatibility modes, either for the OG DF or the DFP.

If it's on PCSX2, any PC compatible wheel should do the trick.

I think the consensus on Turbo that it's nice for the peasants to play but doesn't really mater to you if you already own a Trackmania game.

And how the fuck does Trackmania not make you shit bricks?

And why did Underground 1 and 2 have so much rock music despite being associated with rap? Honestly I just want a reason to post Static X music

so… pretty much same stuff? wouldn't mind that, especially since even when i had a fucking laptop to play shit on united's textures couldn't handle my graphics card being 2 gud and no amount of patching would solve it

trackmania is mild compared to dirt rally, which is what i'm going through right now

Maybe harder to sell for a mainstream game series, maybe rock is a bit edgier and that might be more interesting

If you get yourself United you have seven environments to choose from, compared to the 4 of Turbo, for a slightly less price, so see for yourself
Also how the fuck I drive the Coast cars

coast was fucking garbage, jesus christ
nice environment but that car was like trying to walk through whale ass

stadium > island > snow > desert > bay > rally >>>>>>> coast

Slowly and smoothly, it's a bit trickier to drive because you have to sort of nurse the car like a sim but without any real feedback of what the car is doing. It's very different from all the other cars that don't take nearly as much skill.

The Crew: Hot Pursuit

Don't really know what to think of it, not sure it will make me reinstall the game for the nth time.

w-we promise it's the b-best version
pls buy our shit

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/16/driveclub-vr-confirmed-for-playstation-vr-out-this-year/

it feels like the songs are spinning around my head

i heard driveclub is actually decent but had a poor launch

anyone here actually play it?

There is a project called Open Sim Wheel, based on STM32F4 Discovery and essentially it is slapping steering wheel on an industrial servo motor. The good thing is that you don't have to use suggested servos and go with whatever you have laying around. For example you can go with a h-bridge and dc motor. I even saw someone use stock guts out of a logitec, he used beefier motors, I think, but the main point is that electronics are open and you can build and program them yourself.

I know this probably isn't very useful, but it is an option. Maybe there are anons who are good with soldering iron.
I hope to find some time to fiddle with this in the future. Maybe one day…*

Heard about OSW a few weeks ago, at first glance it seemed like a good idea but then you enter their wiki and check the prices. You're looking at over 1000 USD if you go by their configuration, maybe less if you trade some parts by cheaper versions but then you're probably in for at least rewriting the code on the discovery board to be compatible with your new electrical setup.

Could be fun indeed, but probably both a time and money sink not really worth the potential reward.

Also, you would end up using a direct drive wheel which will turn you into a shill as you try to justify your purchase because you got your ass handed to you on the race track by some faggot with a peasant G27.>>10421129

In today's corpse revival show, Moto Racer. The abundance of visual effects and meh visuals (UE4 so just LQ assets) made me think of Pure and, to a certain extent, Nail'd (god these names are stupid). Handling model felt awkward to watch.
Published by a French company specializing in cheap point & clicks, even though they say the game was developed under the supervision of the original mind behind the series, that's a lot of flags to be worried about.

The dubstep music is awful and there seems to be too many filters, I am not sure it will be at the height of the classics

Too many filters is just a thing XTREME SPORTS games do. Pretty sure if the original games ran on platforms that could do filters, they would have filters.

But yeah, an odd choice for a revival because the original games weren't extraordinary gems (and tbh, I felt the first one was the best and its been downhill ever since) and the low budget bit is definitely worrying. Who knows, maybe the budget went to something else than graphics and it might be fun.

Intertia Bump

more realistic version

Horizon 3 is bringing back "Unicorn cars" with the first one being the Nissan S14 (AKA the most requested car in series history) being the first available. The unlock method is going to be different since instead of having to race with a Turn 10 staffer or get it gifted on a forum competition like you used to in F3 and F4. You have to win it in a competition called "Forzathon".

archive.is/0quJi

All the dagumi shitters probably going to be going crazy trying to unlock it the first two weeks.

I do wonder how long its gonna take Forza to implement proper fucking tire skid smoke

Interesting, not really surprising at it seems every game these days have to have some sort of daily/weekly/monthly objective to try to keep the players coming.
2 days per event is too short though

TDU trannies bump

After leaving this thread, sleeping, spending 5 minutes looking shit up and another half hour of downloading I Downloaded Mario Kart Double Dash iso but also pic related

What can I expect?

CHRIS HARRIS HOTLAPPING SIMULATOR
H
R
I
S

H
A
R
R
I
S

H
O
T
L
A
P
P
I
N
G

S
I
M
U
L
A
T
O
R

Chris Harris? You mean that faggot who was on the new shitty Top Gear?

Yes, but a different faggot than the one who got dropped not five episodes in for being an insufferable non-car faggot.

The problem GT has is that it takes PS2 era models to artificially inflate car counts while making the game incredibly grindy, adding microtransactions all while pushing this new GT Sport stuff to sell on the E-Sport audience that will play it for a year or two and dump it.

the PS2 models dont even look old, so I dont mind it.

They still look gorgeous as fuck

oops forgot these

you must be blind

you can literally see outside of the map on

don't be nitpicky

see:

Nah, I'd say is more realistic

like literally no other game has all those cars AND have them look at least that good. like I dunno what you guys are complaining about

Sure they COULD remake em all, but the games take long enough to release. I'm glad with what I got, cause its still more than any of the competition can put out. Some Gamers really ARE too entitled I guess…

what does that have to do with gay turismo 5+ being shit you sonygger

Cant wait for GT Sport, man :)
my GF even got me a Racing Wheel and I'm gettin the VR headset too

What sort of sad fanboy are you? Polyphony need a thorough thrashing. Forza has outpaced GT for years now, and Sport graphically looks like it will be a fucking joke.

why not get the best of both worlds and get Gran Turismo??

Is that an Undertale reference I spy?

why should you get these superior games when you can get a lazy rehash of a 11 year old ps2 game with 300 skyrines?
i know you're baiting but im still biting

h*ck off tumblrtale

Didnt forza remove cars and add micro transactions?? Wasn't it like less than 40 cars???

Guys, can't we all just get along and agree that GT and Forza are both trash?

repeats of the same skylines, civics and miatas dont count as content

I still dont see the point of your argument, m8

You're like someone complaining about a lambo being overpriced, while driving a hand-me-down ford pinto

Did Stefano molest you or what?

They're both pretty good as large scale "nearly sim but not really" games. The physics engines make a lot of concessions to cater to gamepad users, including weird aids you can't always turn off (Forza has steering smoothing and GT has "Skid Recovery Force", whatever the fuck that means) but deep down the physics are good and the cars drive properly with a steering wheel.

Not to mention that unlike the sim autists obsess about, there's an actual game element to these games. Not just hotlapping and autists in closed online sessions.

this. I was wondering why I couldnt get into Project Cars, and I realized its because it gives you everything at the start, and the career mode was boring as fuck. theres little to know point, besides cruising for fun on the Califonia Highway

and lets not get into the fact that GT6 managed to be worse in some aspects than GT5 which was a piece of shit all by itself
forza 5 sucked dick too content wise but atleast it was funcional

I fucking LOVE driving the exact same piece of shit cars with models from the FUCKING PS2, physics from the FUCKING PS2, and graphics barely above THE FUCKING PS2. But boy they keep adding reskined cars to the game as "new" so it must be great.

Forzavista was the best thing to happen to the Forza series. I'd rather have 400 cars all modeled correctly with interiors and the whole nine yards than 1000+ cars with absolutely no quality or care put in to them.

Fuck you.
Fuck Polyphony.
Fuck GT5 and GT6.

trackmania turbo is copypasta
it just has better graphics and less content/features at a higher price, nadeo is under ubi control now

So the first reviews of F1 2016 are in and it sounds like it doesn't even suck.

Talking about Assetto Corsa and if Pretend Race Cars can be considered a reliable source it seems they are pulling a Phil Fish on their playerbase (and of course they are going full jew with their DLCs

I'm shocked that Polyphony and Sony thought it would be a good idea to launch a game with Forza 5 levels of content after the backlash that got. Especially since it's making the same mistakes like no dynamic TOD or Weather any more. Microtransactions, etc (And the game only looks OK by racing game standards). Crazy Kaz is trying to weather the storm by saying there will be expansion packs and they will increase the car count via patches but since it's a lot of licencing, that's going to be paid and it's sounding like they really want the iRacing model.

It's like they went back to square one and then decided to make things worse. I'd imagine there's enough diehards and GT5 deniers on GT Planet (They exist) that they will continue on but I bet it's going to drive off what little casual base they have remaining.

Wonder if they are cracking because the console version is not very good looking in the preview footage and even youtubers they sent early code to have been complaining of constant crashes. James is still claiming Microsoft's buying them out then bringing them in to help work on Forza 7 once the console version of Assetto ships (Or that rumored third Forza franchise).

Backlash not really deserved though, car count is just a bullshit metric.

But GT Sport is aiming for the e-sports scene and you don't need a shitload of content for that. If anything, it would be better to have full rosters for a few disciplines instead of 2 cars from each discipline. And in that respect, I don't think they'll be going for the iRacing business model but rather the RaceRoom one: big DLC packs containing all the cars for one season, plus microtransactions for individual cars and liveries. Would make some sense, and they'll even be able to give you nice pretend license in jpg form for every season you purchase.

If it was available on PC I'd probably buy it. The iRating-like system means a few races is enough to kick the shitters to pleb division so hopefully some decent racing. And at least I wouldn't be renting cars ffs

Take them as a tabloid magazine with writers having serious underlying mental health issues. Sometimes they're right by dumb luck, other times they're complete bullshit.

You're not qualified to talk about mental issues

You're not qualified to post on this board.

Go home SJ you're being silly

Tore up Top Gear Rally on my Stream last night,

Got to Season 4, all 1st wins so far.

FUCK is the M3 hard to control

Even got a responce from Barry Leitch on twitter

It's a sorry state of affairs when GTA online is still the best arcade racing game on the PC.

Is there any Racing Game that combines the Adrenaline Pumping Eurobeat of Initial D with The With the badass attitude of Metal Slug?

I've heard Destruction Derby, but that's not really a racing game.

but does it have good force feedback?

Another japanese racing game is Wangan Midnight but I never tried it so I can't really rate it to you

pretty much two licensed games of Tokyo Xtreme Racer on both the PS2 and PS3 (also made by the same dev team of TXR)

the PS3 version is decent, though the PS2 port is completely subpar. this is likely also because I've read a few tidbits about the original mango

The PS2 version didn't look too bad I mean I am use to TXR games being lack luster in area's so I can take some of it

Any reason you say the PS2 version is subpar?

Anyways if SEGA were to do another racing game, what's the chances of Jack making it in? Hell even a MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns stage would work.

Horizon 3 still looks nice, towards the end they show off some of the small city. I wonder just how far they can push grafix on the xbone. Still worried about the PC version though.

What's slightly worrying indeed is that F6 Apex still hasn't received the FFB update despite UWP gaining FFB support with 1608.

Personally I'm going to be playing Horizon 3 with a gamepad but if it doesn't ship with proper wheel support they deserve no sales. That would just be an insulting level of laziness. I'm also going to wait 2 weeks after launch because I only have an overclocked 750ti and I need to see if the game will be optimized at all.

Finally downloaded the Supermodel emulator and got my wheel to work with it, if I had a proper gearbox it would be almost like in the arcade

I wouldn't be shocked if they just abandoned it and left it as is. Most people just say it runs like shit and delete it without knowing you can just set everything to dynamic and remove the stutters (And also that issue is mostly on Nvidia cards with low VRAM and no Ayyyysnc as F6 uses it a lot)

If it's just a test for Forza 7 on the PC. Job done. Outside of the stutter. The engine looks fine. If the options for F6A are anything to go by, it should run well on PC once you work the settings.

Well Apex is Free Jew practices in-game not withstanding and it's been called a beta. So it's most definitely JUST a testing bed to see how it does on PC.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried to get it to run on a non-windows 10 machine yet?

Reverend Horton Heat to complete the bump.

Yeah, and since it's a test bed it would make some sort of sense to test wheel support on it.

I don't think anyone will bother with a free beta game to test if the engine is OK. Especially for a task this enormous

I have set up the wheel for PCSX2 through the dedicated dll but I feel the feedback a bit off, some suggestions on how setting it up?

Game?

Initial D Special Stage. I feel the wheel a bit too floaty, and the return to the neutral position when not touched is too slow.

I am doing a bit of tests on the fly, for some reason I had the stiffness set to low while I remembered setting it to high

Looks like someone started a thread about an update for Re-volt, seems interesting enough to share here.

I spent at least two hours doing that and I still missed at least one after proofreading it thrice.
Also I have no idea if anybody actually bothered to get the game, judging from the very few replies.

The servers are ass, guess most people tried, got a download failure, gave up because it's not worth obsessing over and returned to shitposting.

Including me. Game is mildly fun, but not "let's try 3 times to download a 37 MB install without it failing" fun.

Guess I'll let it die then. Everything I do is doomed to fail somehow.

Or, like, mirror the installer to a website that doesn't suck balls.

Mirror it onto MEGA or dropbox or mediafire. Google Drive is extremely unreliable for hosting content on as it'll keep failing for no reason.

Of course.
I bring some revised links. Windows version also includes 1.2 and better level editor.
win: mega.nz/#!AoFBgDwa!gIjesNfRqOQHRXvpvIXVMyKXcx0piTF0acFUNzx-ljM
linux: mega.nz/#!kxFXhADJ!WMaCHpovwWoLQG4WBqmcTfbt4GkxpZmm-7eBRLcLLMo

Neato

anyone backed drift stage?

More like, anyone backed DS and still not disappointed to the point of trying to forget it exists?

So lads, why aren't you playing the greatest Mario Kart game ever made yet?

Because we don't have an arcade, or an arcade with it?

thx
all in one package on a good downloading site was a good idea

Is there like an emu for this? I've read something about Dolphin, but idk if there's wheel support or some shit

I thought it was pretty good,. I still prefer to jump straight for Maximum Heat 3D when I go to the arcade with my friend though.

have they fixed their jerky steering model yet?

Can you at least disable the 3D mode?

No steering wheel, but hot damn what a challenge

Bump with some old news,

United Front Games is teasing something coming out Which may be related to a new Modnation racer

Same reason why Midnight Club 2 and 3 had some of the best selections of electronic music in racing game history but wanted to be "street." Because they needed to fill a quota.

THEY DID IT

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

If you have a Wii, you can play this.

Dolphin has issues running it, I think, but I haven't checked in a while.

Nope. Patiently waiting for anyone to post footage and reviews before I decide I want in. I've heard too many bad things to want to order it.

Or a Windows 10 port of Halo MCC

Either way I'm down with it

neat

Hope they make a "poor little white reliant" game mode

AT LEAST THERE'S FUCKING LOCO ROCO

Yup, there's a button that switches between 2D, 3D, and 3D MAX. You can also raise the goggles out of your way.

Guess the Isseta was a test or something. They finally did it.

What do they have to do with Halo? Also wasn't MCC fucked up for the Boned?

But anyways WRANGLING IS THE NEXT EVENT

Apparently they worked a bit on MCC, and who knows maybe they'll be announcing they made the PC port.

Most likely explanation is a snoozing pup sequel

AND NOW
IT'S TIME FOR
THE FIGURE EIGHT JUMP RACEEEE
What was your nickname?
Mad Dog all day long

I think that the announcement seems a bit more important then porting a game they only did a bit of work on.

Lets' just hope it's not another Little Big Planet Karting game

I was always fond of Mr.Fist and Wrong Way Willie There will never be a game that puts in enough effort to have a bunch of nicknames for an announcer to say.

Why do they have to be working on a Nascar game and not another Demo Derby game

(checked)
Well, the announcement turned out to be about an early access 5v5 PvP game, probably with some competitive component, melee only and about fighting and looting to win.

Basically, fucking nothing

HOW CAN BEING SLOW BE SO FUN

You hooked me.
Basement-level track karts (there) are 70km/h max and open air track with lots of grass to run into are 90km/h max.

Being slow is always fun. Like the shitboxes in GT games is always one of my favorite parts

You've only made me want to buy a Leaf more, since I'd basically use it like a big ass kart.

The karts in our area are limited to 15-20mph max depending on the track, most tracks here are compacted squiggles of the same tight corners over and over again in order for it to be safe for the people who have never raced before.

Maybe they're doing a Modnation Racers meets Rocket Leauge with a dash of Diablo?

Probably notthat sounds too fun to exist

The local Go Kart Track went bust before I could have a go

Why must life be suffering?

Has anybody tried out the Speedzone in LA? How fast are the karts there?

If anyone's wondering. Surprise. The console version of Assetto Corsa is shit.

You have to download the Dolphin Triforce Branch. It runs okay, but you need to copy+paste a bunch of memory patches into the Dolphin config file for it to boot properly. And also the Triforce Branch is horribly outdated

The screenshot I posted was from me showing it working. For me I get a full 60fps but your mileage may very as it is an emulator and an old version of one at that

There has to be some sort of optimization issues going on. The graphics themselves are underwhelming to begin with on PC. So I don't think they had much room to lower them more to get better framerates on the PS4s shitty AMD Jaguar hardware.

what are some games where I can drive with a grip advantage?

Forza had it, can't remember in which games.
Also Project CARS

Speaking of karts and fun, I want to play some sort of series or game focusing on slow ass cars. What should I try out? Excluding Gran Turismo and Forza, all I have is a PS3, 360 and PC.

Holy shit

Gran Turismo 4 on PCSX2

Otherwise you could find slow car mods for rFactor, AC and the likes but apart from running in circles it's useless.

Also, I believe that thanks to the insane rubber banding plaguing the PS2 era of NFS games, you can probably complete NFSU2 with only a stock Peugeot 106. I already know for a fact the AI doesn't have nitrous if you don't.

You forgot

It's like fizzy water.

The beer as coolant reminds me of this Buick Regal GS with the nigger-rigged turbo and N2O.
Pretty sure someone puts out the fire it starts with some Bud Light.

Have you played Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (Driven to Destruction in some regions)?
It was for PS2 and Xbox, I think it can be emulated.
Really fun "realistic" demolition derby racing. Possibly the closest video games have ever gotten to re-creating an actual demolition derby with lots of weird race styles I haven't seen in any other game. Quite unlike the Flatout series which while fun is comparatively far into fantasy territory.
Damn shame it never had a PC release.

HOLY SHIT

The A70 was massively overpowered in early GT games. Probably the best starter vehicle, you could get like the twin turbo one for 9500 Cr in GT1 and it was very quick.

Also, does that mean Citroen copied them when they made the C15?

The best upcoming car game.

Has any absolute madman tried making a mid-engined engine swap with something like this yet?

so guys i know that /OGC/ is not a cancerous thread you all are helpful

so im asking this
do you think its worth it to upgrade to win 10 for forza? and did the free forza get wheel support yet?

It can be emulated pretty well on PCSX2 but, you need to play either on Software mode or with OpenGL or else the shadows fuck up in that they don't go away after they should And even with OpenGL they're a bit funky. Also for some reason every ISO I found of the game seemingly breaks once you win an event after you reach rank 30, which is annoying.

Maybe, there's been attempts to but such things haven't been documented since it was probably done by the french equivalent of a redneck.

Anyways, unless you DON"T mind a shit tablet based UI and built-in and irremovable Spyware No because I'm pretty sure the CIA spy operation opt-in has stopped and now you're stuck with whatever you got.

Just go buy a dirt cheap 360 and a Copy of 4 Or go nuts and get a Boned for 6 though it's significantly more jewish.

Also I'm pretty sure the answer was no going by last thread.

IMO, yes. Horizon 3 is probably the closest thing to a finished racing game we would get on PC in a while, and hopefully something expansive enough not to get too boring after like 10 hours of game play.

Nope. Sadly.

I've hated these since Windows 7 came out. Reinstalled Vista recently and the interface is so pretty and sleek.

Spyware and free upgrade period not considered, W10 is worse than W7 as I found a good chunk of my games either refused to boot on 10 or had performance issues such as microstutter that never existed in 7. I downgraded that shit a mere 3 days into my month long test since I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Do you mean 8? 7 is fine apart from being resource heavy.

Not surprising considering W10 is probally structured diffrently then 7 or even 8 and the games don't know how to deal with it.

Also I FINALLY BEAT THIS FUCKER AFTER YEARS OF TRYING. FUCK HIM AND I STILL HAVE A GOOD CHUNK LEFT.

God damn why is RR64 so gud. Would probably have beaten it by now if my thumb didn't fucking hurt.

This just in:
Bugbear Entertainment announced the Playstation 4/Xbone version of Wreckfest, plus the spin off Stuntfest focused on ragdoll sandboxes despite Wreckfest being an alpha for at least two years.
community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9199.0.html
Wreckfest users expect dumbing down and an even slower development time for Wreckfest. It's been fun while it lasted, amigos.

I don't care anymore. It's been so long already.

No, 7 was the first Windows with a touch optimized UI. The taskbar with thumb sized icons (and the drag up to show the jumplist gesture) and the huge window buttons are dead giveaways.

Why? The game itself is already at the right level for a console game. Unless they got married to a shit publisher there's no reason to expect that.

Slower dev time on the other hand, since there's a new game in the works that's likely. Unless it's literally one dude playing with the engine and ragdolls.

I didn't think too much of Wreckfest since I got into Flatout pretty late It's good enough but I always considered it a racing game with lots of crashing intentionally, rather then a real demo derby game And I hold Eve of Destruction as the benchmark for such games.

The main point of interest was that it was using BeamNG's engine for something other then a sandbox. Then Development dragged on and whatever interest I had faded away.

Who knew "A Cruel Angels Thesis" went along so well with Bon Jovi's "It's My Life"?'

Looking at I guess it'd be better to use for a tablet then say XP or Vista. But I still wouldn't call it a tablet focused OS. But Fuck 8 and 10 sure are Anyways the answer is to use linux and either duel boot 10 or use WINE.

Given how slow development for it is, that might be the case.

Twingo

Sounds like it's digital only and they are self publishing. Otherwise a publisher like 505 Games would be crawling all over this.

Wreckfest is indeed self published,
Also most of the work for Stuntfest seems to be already there as the Sneak Peek playgrould, so a couple of people working on it should be enough.
What annoys me the most about Bugbear is the lack of communication from the developers, they used to have a community manager that was moderately active but they didn't renew his contract so now It's 90% of the time silence from them

I also looked for it as a future Driven to Destruction but so far it looks like a Flatout 1 with fancier graphics. But there are plenty of modding tools available, so who knows

Wangan Midnight PS3 really captures the Japanese street racing feel but a lot of it is lost if you don't know the series beforehand or at least read Japanese. Still a cool game.

Reminds me of the Vodka cooled radar on the Su-21

So I don't know if there are any freetards in the thread, but apparently NFS2SE has a source-port now, just requires the original game data to play. github.com/zaps166/NFSIISE Thinking I might give it a try just to see what comes of it. Has anyone played NFS2? I think the oldest I have is NFS3 somewhere. Wonder if my old wheel still works…

I played a shitton of NFSIISE as a kid, those people are doing God's work

I bought a copy of the NFS pack that included 3, HS and PU on Amazon back in the day for only like $8. Then I found I actually got an unopened copy of the pack and I've refused to open it on finding out.

It shouldn't be hard to recreate the game modes The real test would to try and mod in an announcer.

Wangan Midnight does have an anime adaptation that's been translated. Though Anime's always differ from the source.

And for non freetards, you can run the default Windows version with just a modded installer and 3Dfx wrapper.

OPEN THE VIDEO GAME AND PLAY IT

The fucker keeps fucking me over in the hairpins
At least my car is still not completely souped up so I have plenty of room to improve its performance

wat gaem

the big monster is protecting twingo from bad cars

Initial D Extreme Stage, is region free so you can import it from Japan with no problems

>console crap
I'll pass

You can also try emulating Arcade Stage or Special Stage on the Playstation 2 emulator
But good luck getting a wheel to work properly

Considering the game came with a special edition GT Force, I suppose the wheel plugin in GT Force mode will probably do the job.

Yes and no, I tried (I have a Driving Force Pro) and there is a weird zone in the middle where the wheel doesn't seem to respond, which is annoying
Keep in mind I come from Extreme Stage, and from what I recall the arcade engine overhaul came between the release of the two games

yikes a deadzone with a wheel

It could also be because of the settings of the plugin, the default 900 degrees steering setting (first pic) has this curve, that compared to the 360 degrees default is a big change, not to mention the linearity, so I guess I will have to do some further tweaking to figure out the best settings

It's never been opened in the past 20 years, I'd feel guilty if I was the first one to open up and play a game never touched in 2 decades.

I like this artist.

Too bad Linux doesn't have much in terms of game support compared to Windows. I'm going to stick out with Windows 7 right to the end of its extended service life and hope Linux gets better at that point.

I'm also fucking pissed Assetto Corsa is charging $40 for about 3 tracks and a dozen cars, feels like a ripoff when the game is $50 and doesn't have much content.

I don't understand Project Cars or Assetto Corsa at all. rFactor 1 is still infinitely superior to both of them combined and yet they think they are worth that much money with so little shitty content? I don't even like the way either of those games feel.

It's a shame most people I know moved on to rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa. Having a few pick up races here and there was actually kind of fun when it lasted. That and rFactor 1 is only $2.50 on Bundlestars and comes with other racing games you'll never play.

I understand Project Cars because it has some sort of singleplayer mode, with a certain sense of progression albeit limited. This and the decent content (especially if you get the GOTY) are two major selling points, and the game drives fine between two game breaking bugs. Also unlike RF and AC, the UI is only half terrible.

AC is still living off the early hype, when the physics were actually amazing and the game really just needed some work on "secondary" issues like flag rules, pitstops, this sort of thing.

I'd agree with this. One of the great things about rFactor 1 is the league support, while it's an old game you can do a lot of settings easily.

It's fucking fantastic for hosting multiplayer in, shame that there's not much multiplayer action available outside of serious league racing.

The joys of a sim with a fragmented user base thanks to mods and with a serious difficulty curve just to get around the menus.

Only sim I remember with a decent public lobby userbase (at least a few years back, not sure how it's today) is Race 07. IMO it's a mix of cheap (I think I bought it for 4€ on Steam in 2008), easily available, very good base content and usable UI. It's quite accessible as well, I don't know if the physics were simplified somewhat or WTCCs are just that pleasant to drive for beginners, but even with little experience you can feel like you're driving and not just being a moving chicane between two wall hugs.

Also the main menu tune is nice.

Race07 was neato, but doesn't have as many mods as Rfactor

WTCC and other touring cars are just really fantastic to drive, they're not too fast but they're not overly slow either and they're really easy to drive overall. It's a shame because most of the series I see always use GT3s or some other high end racecar that makes entry difficult for rookie drivers on meme tracks that everyone has driven on.

I should mention that the majority of their content from GT Legends and RACE 07 has been ported over. Ring Knutstorp from the STCC DLC is great for tourers, shame there's a lot of tracks like that that are really fun nobody races because they don't work with GT3.

i too really like simon
as they say, good people have good taste

feels so smug being strapped for cash when my retard self considered buying that early access and then forgetting it once he had gorillions to spare

Sometimes it's actually a good thing, if you're fishing for public lobbies in rFactor trying to locate one with the mods you have in store can be a PITA. Not to mention that sometimes there are like 10 different versions of the same track and you have to guess which one the server admin decided he preferred.

WRC3 is fun. After playing multiplayer GRID2 for months i've got into fresh and old cars, different ground and trees to wind my car up. And after wet muds of scotland getting into dry summer roads of finland riding over 140kmh, "jump and jump". And actual birch forests.
But i'm a long time pc-boyarin so i have to use keyboard instead of gamepad in order to win 5-7 seconds over stage. Thx for reading.

Just a quick sidenote, the mumble listed has been compromised weeks ago by faggots who would rather come in and not talk about playing regular videogames. I'd suggest next time OP is made to omit the mumble info until we can get a new mumble server or the like.

If any of you niggas have a Vita on 3.60, WRC4 got fully dumped, so you can pirate it now.

Right guess it's time for "News I gleamed off looking at steam".

First up is Bank Limit : Advanced Battle Racing is out and it looks like a fun Fzero affair with more combat, but Reviews are poor.

Next is J.U.R : Japan Underground Racing and looks like a Linux NFSU2, take that as you will. Also has poor reviews.

Finally, Absolute Drift received an update that adds challenges and other quality of life stuff. Also Nascar '15 received some updated liveries.

Also points for who know's where this is from Didn't seem to want to post for some reason.

Road Trip 2012?

(Checked)
Right you are, Though it's Rouge Trip, not Road Trip. Same the genera is dead and Jaffe is SJW now.

*Shame

Welp I need to go listen to Rascal King again.

It is quite fun indeed. 5-7 seconds on AI diff 10? damn that's impressive

It's not the dev's first try at a racing game, and they all look like cheap mobile games with more unlicensed cars than a standard russian modding forum.
Also, the amount of quality you get when the devs take screenshots of his game in the Unity editor and doesn't even crop the toolbar at the top.

To the surprise of absolutely no one. GT Sport has been delayed until sometime in 2017

archive.is/djVt5

Bravo Kaz.

I for one look forward to seeing the final product in 2021.

wow

inb4 the demos shown so far are basically ports of GT6, a bit like Kaz showed us Vision Gran Turismo (embed related, not sure if E3 trailer, but the lies man) at E3 2005 and then lied to everyone for 5 years

Sony: GT Sport has been delayed

Microsoft: Forza Horizon 3 has gone gold

kaz is such a hack and I can't think of a more complacent and lazy studio than polyphony
this shit is embarassing

I know Gran Turismo is heavily tied to Sony, but with asshole publishers who get rid of people after big projects, why are Sony keeping Polyphony around? Like they've been a laughing stock since the PS3 for fucking up basic shit. They don't produce shit anymore.

Is Forza Horizon 3 out yet or is that just based on pre-orders? And are they going to let us drive the fucking warthog this time?

Polyphony occassionaly get outside deals like the onboard computers for Nissan veichles that kept them alive and GT5 sold 10 million copies and GT6 sold 5 million. Still sells enough to keep them around even when the budgets are astronomical. GT5 was rumored to have been $150 mjillion dollars and the most expensive game ever to produce.

Sport has been a shitshow and it's obvious Kaz is taking the piss out of Sony at this point because he's barely at the Polyphony offices and at car events eveywhere or traveling to the "Scrape" locations. You wonder what dirt he has on the Sony execs that they fund his world tour.

Gone gold and out on the 27th of September. Warthog is driveable. Halo MCC or Halo 5 owners get it first at launch then everyone else can unlock it during the October "Forzathon" (After that it goes to regular car pricing) according to Playgroud.

Also here's the reccomended spec for 1080P 60FPS accoring to Playground

you forget win10 with the anniversary update for some god damned reason

That update was so bad I forced downgrade to Windows 7. Forza Horizon 3 and Halo 5 are not enough to deal with such a shit OS.

just buy a second HDD and install windows 10 on it

Basically, wheel support.

It cut off when I was copy pasting it. Sorry.

Believe me I wish this game was on Windows 7 so everyone could play it but Microsoft are being dicks about it.

Good, let them repeat the same mistake they did with Halo 2 on PC: Release it on an OS nobody really uses for gaming while ditching the part of the OS market that does gaming and then bitch about how the game failed because nobody played it. Halo 2's lack of popularity was so huge before GFWL shut down that they basically gave away thousands of copies of the game telling people to keep the game alive.

Is project cars any good? I've only been playing Dirt 3 lately.

it needs some calibration for whatever controller or wheel you're using, but it's a solid game
enough options to make it as easy or realistic as you want

I finally figured out about that wheel thing on the Playstation 2 emulator, and I also realized I am an idiot
Initial D Special Stage was designed with a 200 degrees wheel, while I played it with the wheel at a 900 degrees mode, hence why the steering acted all weird

The quite big difference between H2V and FH3 is that the entirety of why H2V was Vista only was bullshit (DX10? for these graphics? top kek) whereas with Win10 you get UWP and API compatibility to help port the game.

I thought the GT Force mode would put the wheel in 200° rotation, interesting. Maybe that's also why my wheel felt like ass in GT3.

UWP is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it makes porting games over much easier so we basically get all the Xbone games on PC, Forza included. The downside is we need Windows 10 for it. Personally I don't mind Windows 10 at all but that doesn't mean it's good, so most people really get screwed either way.

I need to make a webm of this shit, but I've been playing other games to remember to.

I've done a 100 car race on the burgerkingring once in GTR2 with the VLN mod on my old laptop, it also ran pretty well apart from a slight framerate drop at the start of the race when it had to render the gazillion cars on the grid.

Initially tried 120, but the last few cars would start outside of the track boundaries for some reason.

Some games work better with a 900 degrees wheel (at least, Need For Speed Underground 2 played on an actual Playstation 2 works like a charm with 900 degrees) so I guess is on a per game basis

I think it has to do with the game's release date. The first 900° rotation Logitech wheel seems to be the GT Force Pro out in 2004. I guess games developed before this date only have support for older 200° wheels.

Question about the steering wheels/pedals: do all major games support them? Does the clutch actually behave properly in combination with the shifter or is it just a dead pedal for show?

What do you mean as "major"? In sim racers clutch plays a role, in simcades/arcades it goes on a game by game basis, if so I recall

Define "major".

Clutch use depends on the game, but it's usually a simple simulation. Most games will let you get away with just revving and dropping the clutch like a mad man. Not to mention the lack of tactile response leaving you to guess the bite point.

As for game support, I'd recommend rFactor, Project CARS, ETS2 and City Car Driving.

Overall, most PC games should work with wheels provided they have the correct input method support (usually DInput), albeit many games will feature little to no force feedback, or shit canned effects that completely negate the goal of buying a $500 plastic wheel.

Xbox games tend to have very limited support because Microsoft has strict policies on controller auth and shit, so you'd need a compatible wheel. Might change soon thanks to UWP though.

PS2 and PS3 games tend to be compatible with Logitech steering wheels, your mileage may vary, but AAA games should include support with varying amount of compatibility.

PS4 is on a game to game basis, worth noting that Sony just recently told Fanatec owners to fuck right off and dropped official support for their devices on PS4.

On Wii there's a neat plastic wheel holder for the wiimote that's dope for Mario Kart.

neat

Also, those specs are exactly the same as F6 Apex so I guess it can be used as benchmark

/ogc/, help my inner jew. What's a good and cheap wheel? Doesn't have to be the best, just want it to be good enough. I saw things like the Thrustmaster T80 and was wondering if it's an acceptable starter wheel or if it's too shit to even waste money on.

I've had an equivalent for years, it's alright but no FFB. Definitely try to aim a bit higher, used DFGTs and G25s or a new T150 are good choices.

Mine can actually render all 100 on screen at once to my surprise. The problem comes from when the AI is driving and decided to bump into each other through the corners as the damage calculations in rFactor cause the framerate drops of varying size no matter what computer. It also seems like my encoder software isn't wanting to pick up rFactor to encode it.

literally sports gaming
ishygddt

I saw the T150, didn't know if it was going to be worth the extra money. No FFB sounds a little boring but I guess if I wanted bare bones, a T80 is alright. I'll take a look at used wheels too and see of I can't get a decent deal.

Call me when you can drive one of these in your little street racing fantasies.

FFB is one of the biggest reasons I want a decent wheel. I really feel like I'd be missing out if I got a wheel without it for games like Dirt Rally.

A wheel without FFB already makes a huge difference, but FFB is a nice thing to have and can help make racing a bit more immersive. But it's one of these things that basically force you to relearn how to drive your pretend race cars.

For someone strapped for cash and not sure he'll play enough to justify an expensive toy steering wheel it's a decent choice. The build quality is okay and the pedals less shit than DFGT ones.

The Logitech G29/G920 can go for as low as $200 depending where you are shopping and has FFB, clutch and an optional shifter. Depends how much you want to spend on it though and what platforms you are going to use it on. Especially since the wheel situation on PS4 is starting to get sketchy now Sony's started to lock out Fanatec wheels. Who knows if they will do it to Logitech or Thrustmaster as well.

Yeah, I hear ya. If I get into it, I'll look at investing in that.

Otherwise, this seems like solid advice. I'm not sure how much I'll use the wheel, since I don't race often. I'll mull over this and a few other options and see what becomes of it.

The good news is I have no plans of playing on PS4 as of yet, it'd all be PC between things like Project CARS and emulators.

You're lucky because over here it's well over 300 euros. For $200 it's a very, very good choice.

I just bought the G920 on Amazon UK for £135 the other day. Not sure if it was a bank holiday deal or not but fuck it. I'll take it.

Wankers wouldn't ship the shifter to where I live though. So going to live with flappy paddles for now, I guess.

I'm not seeing any for quite that cheap on jewbay, but the wheel + pedals seem to be about $300, give or take $20 on any given listing. Would there be a noticeable difference in quality of getting a G29 over a T150?

I'm retarded. It's $240 on Amazon in the US right now.

I bought rFactor on DVD for €10 back in the days before it was old. Was worth every Euro. Did play the hell out of Nordschleife with the VLN modpack. It's funny how after doing 9000 laps you know the track better than the richfags buying themselves into supercar cockpits doing the real thing.
Then an early alpha of Project Cars broke my G25 and that was it for me.

I guess we're getting shafted over here in baguette country.

I think the T150 has better FFB, but the pedals are much worse. I'd probably go for the G29 for that reason alone.

French Amazon seem to be retarted, true, even worse than mine. Germoney Amazon seems to be the best solution this far

Thanks! I'll look into a G29, especially since it's only $40 more than the T150 on Amazon.

Does anyone of you have a Thrustmaster T300? I was interested in it as a replacement for when my current wheel will die, is it worth the money? I'm not interested in the pedals with clutch, only wheel and gearstick

I'm pretty shitty at simracers, but even after spending years playing the Gran Turismo series and other racing games on PC I can pretty much remember where all the turns in Burgerkingring are. I just have trouble with being fast which is why I want to find a more casual pick up event I can use to race for fun and get better.

From DF

kunos pls

It's not even big car counts. It's on 16 on track.

In comparison GT Sport has 20 on track, F1 2016 has 22,Forza 6 has 24 and PCARS goes up to 41 on consoles.

PRC is having a field day with this shit. Kunos fucked up hard.

Relatively big I meant. They could have tried to keep the car count in the SP events smaller to make sure the game runs well in the "scripted" events.

Are there any free racing games I can race online with friends? Aside from pirating games, that is

re-volt still shilling it when I can

Oh yes, I remember you, immediately downloaded it. For RVHouse you need to create a profile, if I remember right?
I hoped I could find also other genres or settings, just to make a roundup

Anyone want to do some touge battles on assetto corsa?

I still don't get how they can keep up those visuals at a solid 1080p 60fps on such weak hardware. T10 has some goddamn wizards working for them or something.

There's a lot of optimization that comes from the fact there's only one spec of weak hardware.

But I think the most magic comes from the dynamic everything, like reflections switching to low res 30 FPS, or the mirrors being rendered without shadows or at lower framerates. It works remarkably well on PC too.

Digital Foundry found out Forza 6 on Xbone was using the same dynamic settings as the PC version, but with a resolution lock at 1080P. It's not the prettiest game and you can see the LOD pop in from time to time, but solid 60FPS at all times.

Makes me wonder what Forza 7 will be like when they have versions for Scorpio and PC that can use significantly more powerful hardware. All the cars since F5 scale up to 4K as well as being Forzavista, so they don't have to redo the engine or car count either.

I think M$ will probably incentivize kneecapping the PC version to keep the Console version relevant. Unless they're really desperate for Win10 installs. The optimization they've done does sound pretty impressive, especially when the trend seems to be "Fuck it, it runs at 30fps, SHIP IT".

Anyways Scooter unrelated except for that it'd make for good racing music.

oh shit that was the last post of this thread, shit's saging, took 20 days.

I don't think they'll gimp the PC version. It's probably easier to just build the game as pretty as they can build it (basically targetting 4K), then just let the dynamic settings do their shit and make sure it runs well on any hardware.

Probably a great idea if Microsoft starts coming up with new X1 increments every 2 years. No work needed, and anyone who buys the new rev gets increased graphics. Theoretically at least. I wonder if there's any difference between F6 on X1 and X1S.

And yeah we've hit the bump limit. That was fast.

They didn't kneecap Apex. Max it out on a GTX980Ti or a GTX1070 and you essentially play with Photo Mode settings all the time. But then the series is known for crazy technical shit. Horizon 2 had 4xMSAA at all times on Xbone and it looked insane levels of clean (Looks like Horizon 3 might be TAA though).

For F7 I can see them maybe cleaning up the tracks to have better assets and more PBR like the PC version did while the Xbone version scales down to how it looked like in F6. PC and Scorpio might get more exclusive features like Dynamic weather and bigger car grids as well (I could see T10 being insane enough to shoot for 40)

Apparently M$ are going in huge with the dynamic settings technology and Gears Of War 4 on PC supports it (And the leaked PC graphics menus on that are insane. It has Slav developer tier levels of tweaking) so I'd imagine that is how they are going to support releasing games on three platforms down the line without being stuck like the 360/Xbone divide where they had to make assets for two different versions.

It's been fun while it lasted, /ogc/, see you in the next thread

should have created a new thread, it's as good an OP as any

Then do it!

well it wasn't my post but ok