The relationship here was honest and Jakoby was really sweet...

The relationship here was honest and Jakoby was really sweet. Are there any other good buddy-cop films that aren't comedies? End of Watch is another great one.

Smithkino.

Training day.

KUWALSKI'S A GOOD COP

Training day and Street Kings are top kinos using the cop flick formula.

Bad Boys.

End of Watch sucked dick.

That's the "joke".

i liked the part where all the male characters suddenly stopped what they were doing and just turned around and raped all the female characters.

I like the part where you suck Donny Drumpfets crusty micro cheeto and don't even wipe the cheese dust off of your mouth afterwards.

No it didn't.

The entire movie was race mixing, multi-cult propaganda.
Netflix/10

What's your point

Is this a remake of Alien Nation?

sad

This rebuttal doesn't work when the entire movie is "subtle" political bullshit.

But, you know what, that's every movie now.

go away reddit

Wasn't this a movie about how Elves are all asshole, and the protags go around fucking the Elves over?
Sounds good to me.

no it didn't

there was no joke. Bright was a mediocre film but the main two characters really did elevate it for me. Not a bait thread.

that doesn't mean it's bad. You should be able to appreciate well-made propaganda. Not that that's what this was, but you're arbitrarily restricting your appreciation of art if you ignore the dominant cultural perspective in artistry.

This fucking gem!

I liked the setting reminds me a little bit of VTM:B

I liked it, but Ayer still can't into action scenes.

Movie was great. It was an easy to watch buddy cop movie. The racism angle only felt ham-fisted a couple of times, but was otherwise evenhanded, with a few hispanic and black racism remarks in there, and ultimately the white male elf isn't the villain.
There were a few scenes that could have been better. The Fogtooth gang shouldn't have done their bloodying until the police ceremony, which should have focused on Jakoby, and he elf chick shouldn't have been in the crowd. That was dumb and pointless. And the ending needed to slow down or pause once or twice to let a moment sink in before moving on.
They reincorporated (or chekov's gun if you prefer) some earlier stuff nicely, though it sucks the sword from that one dude never came back, and they sort of just brushed away the wife being potentially in trouble, but I guess they just didn't want to think about her.
For once I'd probably watch a sequel if it got good reviews, but judging by the track record of buddy cop movies starring Will Smith that got sequels… Well it wouldn't turn out so good.

Yeah? I thought the choreography was fun. Lot's of pragmatic fighting. Throwing whatever you have at the enemy. Raw strength sometimes winning out over ninja powers. The elves were believably overpowered, but also beaten in fairly believable ways. Lot's of 'I saved you at the last second by throwing a thing' moments though. To each their own.

I thought the action was a bit difficulty to follow, especially the car chase.

Still, the movie is the closest thing to how Ayer wanted Suicide Squad to be, before Warner raping the movie with reshoots.

The state

my nigga

Except for Will Smith's character being white, the movie didn't go far enough into that route. Seriously. The reason why critics hated it is because it wasn't preachy enough. They wanted to see the oppressed minorities overthrowing their privileged overlords. Also one thing this movie does that they hate is make their antagonists effectively threatening. These elves are an evil version of Legolas from LotR if he used modern-day weapons instead of bow and arrow. Current year critics don't like villains that murder Mexicans just to show how evil they are or present a serious threat to the protagonists. They want villains that are pathetic jokes like Hux, Snoke or Kylo that heroes can easily walk over and poke fun at.

What white male elf? The FBI guy? He is a Latino. And so is the bald elf guy that works for the main villain. All elf characters in the movie are non-white when you think about it.

This nigger gets it.

I'll give Max some props for this movie. He managed to touch on racial politics without being completely one-sided about it. Yeah, Orcs have it rough, but at the same time they cause most of their own problems.