Man Starts Smoking Pot in Portland Courtroom, Right On Dude, Marijuana is legal in Oregon, right?

Man Starts Smoking Pot in Portland Courtroom, Right On Dude, Marijuana is legal in Oregon, right?
A 30-something man apparently thought he was doing nothing wrong when he lit up a joint in a Portland courtroom last month.
Marijuana is legal in Oregon, right?
That’s what the unidentified man told two deputies, who immediately confronted him in the back row of the third floor courtroom of Multnomah County Circuit Judge Cheryl Albrecht. He had come in to watch a hearing into the shooting death of a 17-year-old boy at a Northeast Portland park.
Courthouse Deputy Chris Payne said he walked through a plume of smoke to get to the man and told him he needed to leave the courtroom. The man stepped into the hall.
“I said, ‘Sir, you need to leave the courthouse now,’” Payne recounted to The Oregonian/OregonLive. “He said, ‘Why?’ I said, ‘You can’t smoke marijuana in public.’ And he said, ‘Oh, you can’t?’”
Payne said the man seemed genuinely surprised. He also showed "signs of being high,” the deputy said.
Word of the July 21 encounter has reverberated through the courthouse community and astonished a broad cross-section of seen-it-all lawyers, judges, deputies and court staff.
Understand, this is a seasoned bunch. The 106-year-old courthouse regularly handles 800 to 1,000 daily visitors from all walks of life. In recent years, a man socked a handcuffed killer in the face in front of the judge and deputies. A registered sex offender wearing baggy pants exposed himself to women on one of the courthouse's floors. Late last month, two people were caught doing drugs and having sex in a seventh-floor restroom.
The county Sheriff’s Office, which staffs the courthouse, released surveillance video Monday at the request of The Oregonian/OregonLive that shows the man strolling into the courtroom about two hours into the hearing and taking a seat in the back row of the courtroom gallery – just across the aisle from one of four deputies in the room.
Oregon voters legalized recreational marijuana starting July 1, 2015. The law says people 21 years and older can carry up to an ounce in public with them and grow up to four plants per household. The law also allows people to smoke it in their private homes – but not in parks, on buses, on sidewalks or in other public venues, such as a government building.
Albrecht, the judge, said she noticed the deputies asking the man to leave. But she didn’t know why he was ejected.
“A couple of minutes later, I just smelled this strong smell of marijuana, and I don’t know where it’s coming from,” she said. “I look at the detective on the stand and think ‘It’s not him.’ And I look at my clerk, and I know it’s not her.”
“Never have I seen anything like that,” Albrecht said, and she's been a magistrate and a judge for 16 years.
Deputies didn’t get the man’s name. Nor did they try to issue him a citation.
Sgt. Barrett Taylor said the deputies that morning were focused on supervising the two murder defendants. The goal was to alleviate the problem, he said, and the deputies did just that by getting the man to leave.
During the next break, the deputies filled in the judge and the attorneys.
“To me, that guy is living proof that marijuana makes you stupid,” said Alicia Hercher, an attorney for one of the murder defendants. “It’s absolutely advertising for not smoking weed.”

oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/08/man_smokes_marijuana_in_portla.html

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.420chan.org/pol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here we go again.

Slide thread.

Niggers being niggers

What gives him the idea it's ok to smoke indoors in a public building of any substance. I want to smash in the face of hipster vapors I see vaping in walmart. Should have given the hippie a ride to jail.

Top kek The absolute madman

I so can't wait for DOTR. Someone like you expresses the view you just did and I am so going to enjoy shooting the person in the face with a handgun at close range.

So I gather you're a vaping homosexual then?

What is basic common courtesy?

if you are going to dude weed, don't do it in a way that bothers other people.

plus the fact that alot of dude weed smells like pure ass, i mean they call a strain skunk for a reason.

I'm a productive pot smoker. But this guy is a retard

Pot is the least of Portland's many, many many fucking problems.
t. oregonian

B-but no goyim you must continue to believe the forced narrative that people who drink or smoke weed in moderation are all degenerates!

Seriously, stoners deserve the gas, but fuck that meme.

DUDE

Keep sucking that vapor dick, faggot degenerate.

Thanks for further lowering the opinion of cannabis smokers in general you low i.q. waste
It's my only vice beside coffee and I only do it in my home, where it's legal.
This guy and the hordes of 420 blaze it fags give the people who don't make a big deal about it and only smoke at home alone a bad name.

Pot threads remind me of how badly right-wingers get BTFO on 420chan. boards.420chan.org/pol/

Prohibition of entheogens is not a right-wing position, every traditionalist society encouraged their use as part of spiritual development. It's essentially a hold-over position of Christcucks working to ensure that the population is made subservient for their Semitic masters.

Yeah, and fat fucks eatting fast food lower the opinion of food eaters, too, user. That must be why no one with dignity has ever eaten in public.

No critical reasoning skills, you must be a nigger.
CANNABIS MASTER RACE

WEED

I smoke myself but I'd never do it in public. Children and the elderly can get high off your second hand and like someone else said, sometimes the shit just doesn't smell good. Muh freedoms end where they become an inconvenience or even a hazard to other people.

LMAO

He should spend a few days to sober up and reflect on how much of a moron he is.

You're in the minority, and would be dealt with quickly for being an obnoxious incosiderate dolt. Enjoy your oral fixation queer.

Smoking around people forces them to smell and inhale the substance. Do you get greasy, emtpy calories in your gut when the average drive through visitor is near? Make sure you're not an imbecile before accusing others.

Thank you courteous white man.

The majority of people are dumb, mindless morons. The drugs have nothing to do with it. Just as jiggaboos blame the white man for their ills will you blame drugs for the white man's ills? This is fundamental. Shitty drug users… guess what? They were shit to begin with. This is the root issue. Raise the quality of the people and all of these other issues will disappear.

sage

In the words of Anarcharsis , "One grape induces pleasure, two grapes drunkedness, but by the third;only disgust. "
Only Aryans of good discipline can handle drugs. The rest shouldnt even touch a wine bottle . Ive seen dumbfuck white niggers ruin their lives over weed and liquor, and other whites that maintained successful lives and good social standing while just smoking and drinking when appropiate .

So when are we gonna illegalize and recriminalize all recreational drugs? People who actively seek impairment as if it were a good thing are NOT respectable people and should be considered equal only to the dirt beneath ones feet. And these same people will not survive the coming DOTR. Its disheartening to see such people amongst us here that actual believe they arent in the wrong, and believe theyre welcome here at all.

LARP harder, fag