Fighting muh evil Nazis in Italy that will probably speak german

After WE WUZ GERMANs n SHIET by DICE I am getting sicker and sicker of historical revisionism.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborations_between_the_United_States_government_and_Italian_Mafia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VINCERE

I am just tired of Nazis in general.

Can't we have somebody else be the bad guy for once?

Didn't Germany literally annex the northern half of Italy when the Brits finally managed to invade the south?

Light green is both German zones and the developers excuse to rehash the same thing about killing nazis.

Why not Italians? Why not Japanese campaign?

Why not Stalingrad and play as either a Russian or a German sniper?

Why not drop the WW2 setting entirely and do something original for a change?

This is their fourth game rehashing the same shit, and this is excluding spinoffs.

Because no one in this day and age wants to learn about real history, they want black and white heroes and villains.

Nevermind that some german soldiers were just trying to survive. Nevermind that the Axis had more than one nation involved. Nevermind that conflict is never about a mean evil aggressor fighting a weak good defender, often it's a confluence of events that lead to an unresolvable difference of ideals.

Reading about the crusades was my historical redpill.

The dark green area was a puppet state maintained as a buffer zone in which the German military had de facto control and were the only meaningful resistance to Allied advance.

I just don't get the use of Nazis. I mean, does anyone even care anymore? Does having them be the bad guys even evoke any sort of response beyond weary resignation?

They are so ubiquitous and overused that people basically phase them out, you are just shooting grey blobs with rifles.

Yup. Our hobby is so creatively defunct that outside of a few plebeian historical events that have been done to death everything else is ignored.

Fuck this shit.

Not even the Japanese are featured much anymore, whilst being arguably the biggest enemy America had during WWII.

Last game I can remember where you got to kill nips was CoD World at War

US?

That would be a very interesting concept I would watch closely.

They're an acceptable target, culturally. Much like zombies.

…Or Nazi zombies.

Nazis just look cool

We were bad.We had two camps too for fuck sake.

Nigga the most of the resistance was made in the south.Two italian companies armed with german weapons halted the advanced of the US 7th Army for 5 fucking months.After,the german-italian forces started retreating more at north and leave the cities to conquer the allies started going faster.I only we didn't add so many damned traitors..

All great ideas.

True.The fucking best armed forces the world ever saw

They can't just keep shoving them in every setting, past, present or future, can they?

Well, so did the Helghast. Why can't I play as the cool guys for once?

Maybe the next one will have you hunting the mad man who explodes tanks with a single bullet.

The 21st century is due for a good Jus Bellum

The Nazis were too good at iconagraphy, uniform design, etc. You can spot one in uniform a mile off, they're utterly distinguishable. Mind, I'm not casting shade on their uniform, it's impeccable.

I'm saying Nazis are so iconic, soabsolutely solidified in culture as evil, they're easy to tap.

Which is why I have mad props for JoJo, because a Nazi discovers the monster villains in ne of the parts and ACTUALLY TRIES TO FUCKING STOP IT rather than utilize it for war

That sentiment still exists? I'm surprised there aren't any games about fucking America's shit up yet. May an alt. universe game where you lead British forces to stop the revolution.

I wouldn't go that far, They received far greater training than their counterparts at the the time and the soldiers actually believed in the cause for the most part Americans and Russian forces was mostly made up of unenthusiastic men

Most recent one I remember is Spec Ops: The Line, not that the US soldiers were the bad guys there.

PEACE DAY NEVER CAME, SNAKE

Why not more on the Pacific front then if all devs do it fellatiate the US.

Are Nips no-go now too?

It wasn't even that. Germany basically attacked Russia at the worst possible moment for them, which explains their massive initial gains (though they still lost more men and materiel during those initial months of Barbarossa than in all the previous campaigns combined).

US had a rather shit doctrine, especially in terms of armored warfare, and commanders were more concerned with safeguarding their men rather than pushing an attack, which, ironically, led to more losses.

All the glorification of the Wehrmacht is just allied propaganda to make their victory seem all the more grand.

I think most of the slobbering masses find the Pacific theater boring.

My nigger.

I think the only WW2 game that had you fight Italians ( that I can remember) was Allied Assault: Spearhead.

Only game I can think of that lets you fight the US is R.U.S.E. and even then it's only a few challenge missions. Though you do get to play as Germans against Russians in a few campaign missions.

Although it does contain some revisionist bullshit history, like the US somehow winning at Kasserine Pass.

before you die there will no longer be a distinction between the world wars. unless we have another one that is.

Mafia II at the start of the game lets you fight Italians if I recall, and has some Italian weapons I recall.

user there are hundreds of RTS and RTT games where you can fight the USA in proper campaigns.

I am not exactly very well versed in fps games, but are there any games where you play as the Germans in world war 2?

Yeah as I just said that I realized how drunk I was cause I was forgetting shit like Blitzkrieg, Panzer Generals etc.

I should have said "Recent"

Oh you can also fight Italians in the first levels of MOH Vanguard and Airborne.

I blame Battlefield 1

If we're talking non-RTS I believe you fight them in Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. Also I'm fairly sure you also see them in one of Allied Assault's expansions.

The only other game I can think of recently is Men of War. Possibly Wargame also.

Red Orchestra.

As a note on Big Red One it's also one of the few games of any genre that lets you fight the Vichy French as the allies. Of course the West has been doing a great job of burying that whole shit so it's not too surprising.

Fair enough,.Mostly i liked their officials and generals, one of Italy greatest problem were high officials which usually didn't came from the battle but by the fact they were from old and powerful families.Some were good but for every one of them you had another 3 that sucked.Then there was the love for the country; when Germany was nearly lost,people kept fighting even those who disagreed with Hitler.Our king used the first possible occasion to jail Mussolini.

I just thought of a mod for RO called Mare Nostrum, you get to play as the Desert Rats against not only the Afrika Korp, but also the Italians as well. Dead though, probably cause everyone wanted to play in Europe Fuck Darkest Hour and the kikes of the 29th

He probably meant single player games. Off the top of my head I can think of the coop missions in the second Brothers in Arms and the Back 2 Fronts mod for CoD 2 but that's about it for FPS games. Ubersoldier 1 and 2 have you playing as a German soldier but you're still fighting the Nazis so it doesn't count in my book.

Wasn't TWI who fucked them up?
However DH is making a new game:Festung Europa, Brits against German,
While In Country: Vietnam seems dead.

pic related

That would works to please the people who fellatiate the US in the war, but it sounds like a really cool twisting path spy game with plenty of action

Why do you shit on nice ideas user. Not gonna say Italy was tactical/logistical titan. I just think it's distasteful to shit on the bravery of those soldiers.

Hilarious though it is to mock the Italians the average Italian soldier was actually pretty damn brave. Then again you've got to be to fight with outdated equipment, little-no armour or air support and a government and officer corps actively working against your survival. Had Italy been kept out of the war until 1942 as saner voices had recommended a lot of these issues would have been solved and the situation improved radically.

Could be fun.

Rule the Waves is recent. You can even play as the victorious CSA if you want.

Not everyone has that much autism, user

If it was a RTS playing as the Italian army would be the hardest difficulty mode

It's a thread for people who care about the difference between Nazis and Italian fascists in a braindead mass-market FPS. Of course you do.

I'd like to take part in the Battle of Nikolayevka. You know shit is desperate when your fucking General gets in a tank and leads the final charge.

RTW complete slipped my mind. Top-tier game.

RTS does a surprisingly good job of limiting the required autism to play. Most of the boring shit is abstracted out so you spend the vast majority of your time time designing and building ships or commanding them in battle. Paradox could learn a thing or two about how to streamline a game without dumbing it down.

Obviously that's RTW, not RTS.

I never implied I didn't, I said not everyone does :^)

Not even that would have worked.Mussolini was hated by the King and the industry people since corporatism actually obliged them to give the worker some rights and he was trying,for the first time since the unification, the industrialization of the South.
More than incompetence, starting from Mussolini itself, there was a will to lose the war.And they did absolutely everything to lose it.They were mostly the reason we didn't had a fair shot,even the communists partisan were in small number, reaching the max of 80k during 1945

That was basically the RSI.

the big issue was their shit officer corps and lack of well trained NCOs
supposedly under German command Italian units performed quite well

It's pretty sad how the influence of a few fucking idiots colours the actions of the actual men. Reading about what the RM did with so little in the way of resources and in the face of active attempts to fuck them over by the airforce etc you can see how almost every decision taken at the high level was incorrect.

The end of Modern Warfare 2 actually has you killing americans, albeit a private army.

Also, Half-life 1.

I don't know if you are italian or know italian,but if yes,i an give you the name of some books about what happened.Regia Marina was something beautiful and Admiral Iachino,without the protection of the treaty of paris,should have been executed after the fuck up of Matapan.

The Cawadoody people tried to do something different and everyone hated it, even though it looks pretty damn good. Truth is, normalfags are morons who don't want to step outside of their tiny comfort zone.

Truly it would be suffering.

Who recommended staying out until 1942, by chance? I can see that as a worthwhile idea. If Italy never enters into Greece, then neutral-if-fascist Greece will more than likely stay out of things to Britain's dissatisfaction; they believed the British would eventually win the war by virtue of their navy, and so didn't join the Axis. The possibility is there of an Italian OTL-styled ultimatum by Britain against Greece to open the front for them, resulting in a similar clusterfuck that causes all manner of trouble for them in the Mediterranean. A secessionist and/or petty communist revolutionary mess might arise naturally in Yugoslavia, meanwhile, that the Axis might intervene and mediate in rather than preemptively invading. It's not a war winning breakpoint, but butterflies lead to more butterflies, and it's certainly an interesting point. I also vaguely recall reading about arms sales to the Yugoslavs by Germany or at least continued sales by the post-protectorate Czechs, which was rather a poor idea as opposed to funneling arms and R&D to Italy. Really, a closer cooperation or lend-lease between the Axis powers would be a significant aid, although anything heading Japan's way would really necessitate a compliant/cordial China in the Pact, which means the Nichirenists need to have further influence, likely by a successful Kodoha coup & endorsement by the Emperor.

Sadly I do not speak Italian but if you know any books with an English translation I'm always up for recommendations. Sadly most history goes with the 'blame the Italians for everything' route but I suppose that was popular during the Cold War.

Well, sitting in a trench high on meth and drunk from moonshine while mowing down literally thousands of russians running towards you in a straight line doesn't really sound like fun. And continuation war obviously can't be used, because it'd show the germans as actual human beings.

Then I hope you never go to Holla Forums

Everyone with any military competence. Mussolini and co just wanted to get in because it looked like the war was a done thing and they wanted a seat at the table. Hell there's a quote from him along the lines of 'I needed dead Italians for my negotiations'.

Invading Greece without warning the Germans was also somewhat of a sore point for a while. Bad move all around.

The real problem for the Axis is that they were extremely poor at integrating their forces both within countries and across countries. Basically just a bunch of countries fighting next to each other rather than with each other. The Germans even refused to sell or license Italy certain engines that would have helped with the production of tanks.

I doubt the Finnish government give a fuck about that frankly. You could probably even get them to fund it.

Really this, even a lot of the war goals of different countries could be conflicting, especially in the Balkans

Just reading about Italian Unification and the absolute cluster that it was it's no surprise that when a plants roots are in sand it'll be washed away fairly easily so to speak. At the end of the day at least Mussolini actually tried to remedy it, which is a lot more then many others did.

I'm honestly surprised Romania and Hungary never ended up actually shooting at each other. I suppose the threat of Germany coming in to 'fix' things prevented it.

You don't know the amount of denial we're in about fighting with the Germans, even though we did literally nothing wrong.

Tell the Letonian government about your plans and you basically have the budget of an AAA game guaranteed if you promise to shit on the Ruskies hardcore.

That's not to say we didn't try. It was mostly that no matter how much we tried to cover each others dead asses so the Krauts wouldn't fuck us up / steal our rightful revenge, we weren't Jewish enough to get past them. Plus, Romanians in general were more interested in taking a large shit on Ruskies - hence the parts where we tell the Germans to go fuck themselves with a wooden spike before we do it for them while machine gunning down surrendering Commies.

Well I know part of that was an attempt to avoid conflict with the USSR but that excuse hasn't been valid for ~20 years. I thought you Finns were supposed to be proud of this shit?
I suppose the Estonian government might fund it instead…

to be fair, Romania had a military coup immediately after the Vienna Awards, so I imagine they kept order and directed the people more towards the lands the Soviets took in '39

That problem stem from the fact english historians never came to check the History Archive of Rome,and also,according to a journalist that wrote one of the book i said, they are a mess and finding information is too hard.So most of military history of Italy comes from Germany,England,the veterans and other little places.
The books are,alas, in italian since they are pretty controversial already here.I could try to translate them.There are from Piero Baroni a journalist,Antonio Trizzino,journalists and pilot during the war, and Franco Bandini anotehr journalist.

To add,Mussolini was assured by Hitler that war wouldn't have started until Italy was ready,so 1942.However Hitler declared war first and then everything you said is spot on.

Unification was the biggest fuck up of all.It practically destroyed the south,bankrupted the north and is the sole culprit for the creation of the mafia.

What is Letonia? Google suggest Latvia.

I imagine that was fairly effective actually. Hordes of Russians are always rather effective as a distraction. It did come back to bite the Axis when Romania swapped sides though.

Actually it was the opposite, as we lost the winter war and had to give the USSR our land in the treaty. No-one else gave a fuck, the Germans were sizing up the USSR and have always been our bro's, so we offered our expertise in commie removal in exchange of some nazi waffen and a slice of all that lebensraum.

We are, your government isn't.

I meant the historical revisionism was part of a policy of not pissing-off the Soviets. At least that was the impression I was under. Didn't the government also censor certain anti-Soviet shit during the Cold War?

All too common around the world.

If you ever do translate them it sounds like something /his/ would be interested in. That said even /his/ pushes the idea that the Italians were cowards during WW2.

Good point. Another example of the shitty communication that was common in the Axis.

Is there any truth to the fact the Americans post-WW2 helped reconstruct the Mafia after Mussolini almost removed it? I've heard it claimed a lot but I've got no real information on it.

They were hard to tell apart visually but i recall in Sniper Elite 3 a lot of the enemy troops spoke in Italian if you listened closely. I actually think they were still German soldier character models, but some of them were definitely speaking Italian. There were also Italian officers wandering around in some of the missions as well.
The game just never really points the difference out and it makes no difference at all to the gameplay.

Why not Finland where you play as a White Death inspired character? There aren't enough winter wonderland war games.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborations_between_the_United_States_government_and_Italian_Mafia

Oh, yes. We had to suffer from commies in charge of our military, law enforcement, schooling, justice system etc until the 80's, and now that the EUSSR is in full swing, they're coming back.

It is indeed accurate then.

You'd think the US would have learnt from that mistake sometime between WW2 and now.

Is Finland one of the countries where you can force a referendum with a petition? If so there's probably still some hope for leaving the EU.

It looks like that was all during the war except the release and deportation of Luciano.

No. We can have a referendum, but the government is just going to wipe their asses with it.

We aren't getting off Schlomo's wild ride even if it kills us. The slave mentality is too strong.

Basically Mussolini used pretty much anything to destroy the mafia;those who didn't get jailed fled to the US to the italian community already established.During the war,to help the US Army moving in Sicily,where they stayed for a good chunk,the mafiosi in US and the mafiosi in the Italy were helping them to move up,gain the trust of the locals,etc.
After WW2,since they helped,many could go back and you get:
-Mafia in the US starting from the bottom to reach the top
-Italy completely destroyed and the focus shifted again in the North,since that's where the industry is
-South italy that had to wait and nearly lawless
-Mafia in the south that establish itself again without contrast

Mafia thrives where the State can't arrive,Where there is a need and the State can't provide or require to much,here comes the Mafia.Since there was a lot to reconstruct after the war they gained so much political and economical power that still last today: in fact they makes more than McDonald now.

I meant to write Estonia but between me being sleep deprived from work and the latest issues of Loki on Holla Forums, I'm a bit of a mess. Sorry for the confusion m8.

Ah, the usual game then. Maybe they'll just ask you to vote again until it comes out right…

I seem to remember reading somewhere that all organised crime (Sicilian and otherwise) still makes up a significant chunk of Italy's GDP too.

That makes more sense. Honestly you'd probably even get money from normalfags for a game playing as the 'bad' side. There's no such thing as bad publicity and you could see all the vidya 'journalists' stirring up massive controversy for you.

And kill fewer people.

Because Fascism and National Socialism are the exact same thing and there were absolutely no differences between Italy and Germany and Germany invaded Austria and invaded a bunch of other people for no reason and gassed some Jews.

:^)

Jews?

They make the biggest part actually. And fuck up the GDP and statistics of the south.

but muh 19 quintillion

So the South's GDP is lower than it looks or higher?

Italian could perfectly fight. They had only shit logistic, in Africa they had to litteraly steal all their shit like gas and ammo from US Brit and nazi camps. The Russian campaign was made with transferred soldier from north Algeria without changing in gear therefor they had short shorts and light shirts to wave off the winter…..
If Italy had better logistic it south europe and North Africa wouldn't have fallen that quick, at least until US started to bomb civilans in Sicily. That was the collapse
t. Italian Historian nerd

The carcano was also a piece of shit.

Yep. Litteraly all the losseh of Italy in war can be pointed at the shitty logistic they had, hitler is at fault for this because started the war 3/4 years before Mussolini told him to, and we weren't prepared.
I really would like to play a game as a jap or a Italian where you get to fight US. It will never happen because people can't say US is the bad guys and no one will ever learn about Montecassino and the savage done by allies there or a spy game to avid and destroy the concentration camp in California for the japs

Nearly 20% lower. Add the black work, working without the State knowing, and here is how the "southern Italian are lazier" came to be.

The Carcano was actually a good rifle and very precise thanks to the progressive rifling. However this is valid only for the long rifle, the short and carabine were more imprecise because they cut the barrel and the rifling didn't work as intended anymore. It shouldn't had be a problem considering we were switching to the 7.35 Carcano cartridge and the semiautomatic rifle Armaguerra MOD.39, however the industry and Badoglio fucked up(or betrayed us) once again

there's a ww2 autobiography of a german panzer commander called - wait for it - panzer commander, written by hans von luck. he served under rommel in the african theatre along with the italians and mentions them several times

his main deal with them was that they were brave, and they were loyal and fierce and rah rah other soldierly compliments, but they just flat out did not have an actual work ethic. they'd knock off from their posts for two hours to have lunch, then later on they'd knock off again for a nap or something. von luck actually mentions "this was really strange to me, since in Germany we live to work. the Italians clearly work to live and it reflects in their soldiering"

unrelated crap but yeah. good book, too, look it up. this motherfucker whooped some serious Allied ass with Rommel (and it shows, even more than in Infantry Attacks, what a bad son of a bitch Rommel really was)

You'd think the first troops they'd think to flatly transfer would be fully-coated Alpini, frankly. Although rebuilding brick and mortar houses

The Italians were trying to rectify that problem in the prewar with a conversion to a self-loading rifle in a more modern 7.35x51mm cartridge- it was a bit of a sidegrade from the old 6.5mm, but at least it would've come with a new purpose designed rifle- but ceased the cartridge conversion due to the outbreak of war. Too much of a logistical confusion, in their mind. That torpedoed the rifle selected, the Fucile Armaguerra model 1939, which had to be redesigned for the older, higher pressure cartridge, and never saw proper mass production. How on Earth a rifle designed and completed in 1939 managed to drag along without entering production till '41, be frivolously postponed in the 'short war, minimal expenses' mindset and subsequently not enter production until '43 or '44 is beyond me.

Yes, but the problem is that Hitler started the war early due to the Danzig debacle. He expected that the guarantee on Poland would be bunk (it was) and that he could sort it out shortly while ending on a negotiated peace. This was not on the table, of course, because it was the old Entente's aim to dismantle the state entirely. After that, you end up with the Molotov-Ribbentrop ruse, the trouble of the Soviet offensive footing and the necessity of Barbarossa, and it all gets very hairy.

Do you think an earlier resignation of Badoglio, willing or otherwise, and a replacement by someone more radical might have helped sort things? I haven't looked into Italy very much, but he seems like the epitome of the stodgy old guard type. How many butterflies out of Italy's favor was he responsible for, particularly in the acquisitions department? Is he part of the reason for all the damned oiler guns entering service?

Really, increasingly, I find that the Axis powers were not too radical in their doings, but not nearly radical enough when they needed to be. Germany denied to even test gas-tap guns to any extensive degree, and also denied to test the (admittedly heavily flawed) Vollmer M35 and get a better handle on the intermediate cartridge much earlier. Japan's reins were taken by the Toseiha instead of the Kodoha, and Nationalist China was pushed away from the Axis as a result, making a mess of any two-front plan against the Soviets. Italy had a tremendous amount of trouble with their armament acquisitions as well as the actual production due to the poor progress of the would-be rapid industrialization. Romania lost the Bessarabia to the Soviets and a bad monarch cowing to them, who also executed Codreanu and doomed the Legion to later managing only a half-government and eventual betrayal by conservative parafascists.

this was partly due to Hitler's demand that only machine pistol research was to go ahead. hell, the StG44/MkB/MP44/whatever you want to call it was originally called the MP44 on paper just so Hitler wouldn't catch on that it wasn't a maschinenpistole

The Iron Guard would of meant the end of Romania as a country - butchered as it may be - and would be an even bigger catrastrophe for a warring country than if we kept Carol II reigning over us. Antonescu was the only true answer for Romania.

VA is expensive, you faggot.

Popular idea, but not quite true. It's not that Hitler thought there was no value in the intermediate cartridge, it's rather that he was possessed- once again- by the short war conception, which demanded a focus on short-term, immediate benefit research and heavy rationalization to the detriment of anything more radical or long-term. By the time the Walther & Heinel rifles started going out well after the Vollmer rifle was denied mass production for being 'too expensive for wartime,' this at the same time as German and German occupied western civilian life & economics go on as usual, Germany is balls deep in the Soviet Union, and the rationalization concerns that led to such wonderous thinking as putting a 37mm gun in the Panzer III while leaving it with a 50mm turret ring for 'upgrade potential' and the slowboat work on high-velocity 50 & 75mm guns are now very valid. He did not want to penny packet a new gun and cartridge to the front that would only cause further difficulties until the concept was well proven and mass production for the quickest and fullest replacement was viable. Once this was at least potentially the case, full production went ahead. Most everything was reported to Hitler, and the name game seems to have been less about obfuscating the project and more about the HWA having a bad habit of constant nomenclature changes on successive types. Whether it would've been more troublesome for the industry or whether it would've killed more Soviets if Hitler had ordered more energy put into it earlier per the OTL breakpoints of the Heinel/Walther projects, I can't say. But certainly, an early adventure with the GECO 7.75x39mm cartridge in a more simplified design than the M35 would have been major as far as giving the Germans a tremendous tactical advantage for their assault units. Testing a stamped Kurz 'submachinegun' of some sort might've greased the intermediate cartridge wheels, also, freeing up the old 9mm stock for police & antipartisan units. The early war was where they needed to be doing piles of test runs to get a template for the later total war-production weapons.

Worse than Carol II? Doubtful. A Legionary Romania might've extracted blood from the Soviets in exchange for Bessarabia in similar style to the Finns, though less with guerilla actions and more with high velocity anti-air guns impaling tanks on the steppe while buffered against Soviet CAS formation flights by volunteer fighters, and been potentially more suited to a total mobilization & alignment with the Axis far earlier. If it were the only breakpoint and everything else proceeded as in OTL, then certainly Romania would suffer a far worse partition, but as far as Soviet repression, you cannot particularly top the torture of the student movement, except by extending it to the whole nation. Antonescu was able, but too cautious. The government milquetoast, along with the R&D. A radical state is superior to an unradical state in this time and place. You need to get everything on the most optimal war footing to get a convincing althistory that doesn't stem from some single better strategic decision.

Who said anything about VA goy? We never said we need to pay modelers for their likeness, that costs too much! You think you deserve free online, that costs money!

No. Learn the difference between "occupy" and "annex". You can not annex during war. That happens in the peace deal after the war.

Rising Storm

user, there are bad people in this world. Those people should be rounded up and imprisoned. This is a very radical idea that throughout history of mankind has been also called "justice".

Stroheim is the coolest. JoJo would have never defeated Kars without Stroheim's help.

What the fuck are you talking about man. I guarantee you that did not happen.
Also, you show extreme lack of knowledge about the Winter War and Continuation War if you think it was that simple.

The difference is, Holla Forums is right about the holohoax never happening. All the evidence points that this is true, while there exists no evidence supporting the holohoax.

tl;dr of this thread

Holla Forums you're gonna need better memes then that.

Did Italy murder six million Jews, plus countless millions more gays, Gypsies and Communists? No? Then they're not the ones who should get killed.

Remain upset

Y'know what kinds of people most often have knee-jerk reactions against new ideas like Communism like that? Stormweenies and other racist anti-semites.

But user, nobody did that

Everything in this day and age comes down to politics. Who does it offend and who doesn't? Nazis are a long-dead, universally hated regime; especially by Germany. Basically they're the easiest to pick on. If you fight a bunch of Italians or Japanese, actual countries will get pissed at you because you pretend-killed some fictional characters inside a computer game.

You're missing the point, reddit. The topic wasn't "which group triggers me more".

It's not that they "triggered" me, it's that they "triggered" the whole fucking civilized world and were rightfully pounded into the dust for it. It's important that their crimes not be forgotten, and it's obvious that their crimes are not going to be downplayed like OP wants them to be.

That's not what OP suggested or implied. You're either trolling, or are unbelievably dumb and should go back to reddit.

OY VEY

That reminds me of the Battle Mountain mission at the finale of MoH:AA:B. Great level in a great game, but the level of historical revisionism was off the charts: The monastary, instead of being voluntarily off-limits by both sides when it was evacuated of civilians and pointlessly bombed into ruins out of paranoia like in real life, the game instead had it occupied by the Allies when the Axis overran it, and the protagonist helped call in an airstrike to destroy it with the Axis invaders as the Allied troops retreated.

It was Breakthrough.

whos upset?

Every side in WW2 had their soldiers on some form of amphetamine user. Hell it was used by the USA until the early 90s if not later.

The Saboteur is the closest thing we got

Drink bleach.

Pretty much happens all the time. Hell whenever US faces "Elite" German units that's historical revisionism, cause it was mainly Brits that did that on the Western Front Mainly cause they were the only force the Allies had that had combat experience to fight them

Caen in a nutshell.

I agree with you on principle - don't get me wrong - but Romania being under the rule of the Legion instead of Antonescu during the War would of only resulted in Romania itself being much weaker and more divided at the end of it. You have to keep in mind that there was very little motivation for us to keep fighting once Odessa was conquered due to the entire justification used for this being reclaiming our lost land and humiliating the Soviets - both of which were achieved with the initial push of Barbarossa and said siege of Odessa. Despite that more and more soldiers were enlisted and sent to the front - something like half a million being mobilized at one point to curry the favor of Hitler and German officials - to aid in the Caucas and Stalingrad.

A Legion-ran government would of undoubtedly sent even more men into the slaughter at the expense of our internal affairs and budget - the later of which was utterly in shambles due to Carol II running away with the entirety of the treasury - but it wouldn't have made any sort of difference. We were still fielding an inexperienced, under-equipped, and ill-trained army to fight in a war the logistics of which was unparalleled to anything Romania has had to face before. What we desperately needed was Germany to field us better equipment, training personnel, more modern artillery pieces - and I'm not even going to hope for any armored pieces - and to incorporate our Air Force into theirs. This didn't happen with Antonescu, arguably the only Romanian Hitler respected if we are to go by popular history, and it sure as hell would of not have happened with Sima and Codreanu being Hitler Youth bootlickers.

I know that the 101st ran into them briefly during the battle of the bulge, but otherwise yeah