Ghostbusters: The Game

I just tried the old game. It's fun and well-made.

Why didn't it get more attention?

Isn't it the proper Ghostbusters 3? I'm surprised myself.

bump

Hey, Dean Yeager!

Reminder that Ghostbusters for the SMS remained the best Ghostbusters game until GB:TVG in 2009.

Around 60%, one of the scripts written for the third movie was used for the game.

Yup.
Script ties to Gozer and everything feels like a proper sequel to the first movie.
You even have a Vigo painting to talk to.

You only say that because you have not played the Europe only New Ghostbusters 2 for the NES.

How do you even play this shit. I remember three distinct times in my life trying to play this game but seeing the city screen and being unable to DO anything

I actually unironically enjoyed Ghostbusters on the NES when I was a kid.

It was a solid game, I replay it every once in awhile. A real shame the servers for online got taken down.

Most of us did back then. It was really all we had, so why complain about it? Besides it was more playable than Ghostbusters II on NES.

Ah…fuck those little angels.

I keep dying because I only have 1 teammate (that keeps dying instantly) and the fuckers are fast and there's a ton of them.

That's probably the roughest part I recall, just keep slamming the cunts into the gate and play medic when possible. Main issue is I think some of it was more designed around co-op and that got a bit lost in the PC port.

When it came out, people just thought of it as okay because the third movie was still a possibility by this point, and it's hard to favorably compare what you have to what you want to have. But when the false expectations shattered, the game itself was left, and many realized just how fitting and faithful is was, not as a video game about Ghostbusters, but as an actual, playable Ghostbusters. Context matters.

Trying to explain to people that there was a game and that it's the legit GHOSTBUSTER THREE with the ORIGINAL CAST gets instant dismissal.

It's like the game has some sort of curse that causes it to be ignored. It is the darnedest thing and equally frustrating

because it was boring and generic as fuck

the graphics on PC are literally its only quality

It actually did better than you think. So well that it was the thing that revived interest in a new Ghostbusters film for Sony. To bad it was handed off to a mad woman and her feminist director friend.

Sauce on this dum cump?

It just had really bad timing, because it came out around the same time as people thinking modern military shooters were the best new thing and anything that resembled a video game was shit.

urotsukidoji

I don't think it is.

nvm fixed it

Hen-Zemi… fuck, that bitch looks like me.

You should do something about that foam, fam
Also post pics you slut

because they fucking gimped the PC version and didn't give it multiplayer

FUCK THIS GAME AND THE ANGELS

HAHA..finally beaten the little suckers. And the end boss.

And found the various jokes and easter eggs.
There was one that made fun of SJW's.
A woman calls Ghostbusters telling them it's culturally insensitive to go after ghosts of native americans on thanksgiving.

Thanks…

Mein nieger. Still got both the master system and the cartridge.

That fucking awful screeching music

This guy gets it. That game was fun as shit.
not yuro, but found it when combing ROM collections

Wasted dubs, Lesdogg

Couldn't
Couldn't get him back

stay assmad that my hearing isn't completely fucked like yours
sage isn't a downboat reddit

When did this happen!

This was made by fucking HAL Labs.

Do I need to watch ghostbusters 2 to understand the plot of the game?

There was a game boy game as well.

I never did and I understood it. There's some pink slime that they see in one of the levels which I think is a reference to it, but otherwise it's pretty standalone.

There's also a US prototype of the NES game floating around, fucking thing was done and all ready to ship, and for seemingly no reason it got canned.

yooo

sauce??

I remember hearing that one of the actresses from the original wanted to be in the game, but hadn't learned about it until it was too late.

I'd tell you to reverse search but apparently it doesn't show up. Anime called Hen Zemi, it's kind of screwy.