Ragnarok Online Thread: Bustling Town Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Gear hunt, gear up and have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing
pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=28839&pid=291664#pid291664
write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-how-to/pet-guides/
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_type=8&page_num=2
pastebin.com/Pv54axVC
pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=account&action=create
pown.it/1811
youtube.com/watch?v=gM7IBrszcl4
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Pets_&_Tames
irowiki.org/wiki/Dewata_Legend_Quest
youtube.com/watch?v=DWk_rXw7Aus&list=PLKCo9B-drsaBCRUCM_e0D0cotUnS-Om19
hero-server.net/downloads.html
mediafire.com/download/dm6gao70mxnhh7a/20150615.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:

"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:

">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

"Class: Soul Linker

The more mystically-inclined Taekwons can become Soul Linkers, eschewing their martial foot fighting to become one of the most powerful magic classes in the game. Soul Linkers can…

These buffs do anything from allow Bards and Dancers to benefit from their own auras and cast eachother's auras, to doubling the damage and halving the cooldown of an Assassin's Sonic Blow, to enabling a Super Novice to ignore many class restrictions on equipment.

These include heal-when-struck Kaahi, auto-revive-on-death Kaizel, damage ignoring Kaupe, and magic reflecting Kaite.

These include the immense slow Eswoo, and the trolling Eske/Eska

These include the knockback Estin, the stunning Estun, and the nuking Esma.

While they lose the ability to cast all of their kicks, they can still cast High Jump and Running.

While the Soul Links, Ka- buffs, and Es- Debuffs are fairly self-evident in their power, the Es- damage spells are perhaps the most impressive single target damage spells in the entire game:

Unfortunately, due to their power, they have several severe limitations:

In spite of their one-man-army PvE power and their extremely powerful support buffs, they are not recommended for a first-timer, as they usually require a stat reset (if not also a skill reset) after becoming a Soul Linker, are fairly dependant on a feel for the game's mechanics for their survivability, and a large amount of skill build pressure.

They are however a very solid second-or-later choice, as they are effectively the Magical equivalent of a Sniper, only with more mobility, more survivability, and lacking an ammo crafting requirement."

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:

" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

"Cicada Skin = broken. With it, you can go full INT and punch above your weight, letting enemies push you away without damaging you, so you can smack them with fast-cast magic, then renew the cicada ability right as it breaks. Great for dealing with the ninetails and poison spores while sniping greatest generals two east and one south of Payon. Level 50 or so in no time flat."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A collection of praises from users in threads.

07/14/16 (Thu)

"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

07/18/16

Leveling Tips

With a battle manual active, completing the following quests (progress as many of them to the last step as possible before using your manual so you have time to turn them all in and do the Rachel Sanctuary quest before your manual expires)…

The Lost Child

Rachel Sanctuary

Help Mikhail

Brasilis Dungeon Entrance Quest

Eye of Hellion

Will net you about 35% of 98->99 EXP combined.

Completing other quests such as; Veins Siblings, the Biological Weapon Quest, Curse of Gaebolg, and the Nameless Island Entrance quest should earn you an estimated 20~40% more exp based on the listed exp rewards. On the whole, this makes 98 -> 99 much less torturous than it otherwise would be if you were grinding.

Ok, pastas served up.

So, Yesterday we had our 1 month anniversary as a guild! we did it 8chon

I was asking to get some ideas for when a good time for a little group gathering would be. there will be prizes and such as a way of saying thanks.

We still have our items from our oldbie friend here:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing

If you'd like one you'll be marked as a Holder in the guild. you may only hold one thing at a time and must be with the title "Eternal" before asking. Eternal is gained after at least 3 days of activity (let me know if I missed you)

I look forward to continue playing with all of you!

Oi Logan, I was thinking if maybe we should update the pasta so that instead of talking about the 1-1 and 1-2 classes insteadclasses it talked about the 2-1 and 2-2 classes instead. Preface by saying what the 1-1 class is and what it can change into. A Monk is drastically different from a Priest and even their leveling options as Acolyte are very different from each other for example.

You know what I miss?

Dead branch parties.

Those are just so fun with a group of people.

Try to Reply to this post if you're making a party so everyone knows about it.

The only reason I haven't made a 2-1 and 2-2 pasta is because I don't have enough experience to make a good summary of them.

I'd appreciate any help on that however.

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A 2-1 OR 2-2 CLASS PASTA I IMPLORE YOU TO POST IT

If I can gather up enough of them I'll see about adding it into what we have now.

Mmkay. I am at work right now but I have nothing better to do at the moment. Give me ten minutes and I will see if I can make a sort of template for people to write about their classes.

pic related
I always thought that "Foczki", old polish ragnarok meme was exagerated, but fuck me if it isn't the best thing since invention of bread.

I'll see if I can stream of consciousness anything.

Knights are sick mob control, as bowling bash is a Stooges-level attack that smacks the lead enemy in a cluster into the ones around or on top of it, doing massive damage to all of the monsters in the group. An AGI-based knight can use two-handed quicken to puree monsters while dancing around their feeble attempts to counterattack your rain of pain that falls mainly on their brain. Bowling bash is handy for when a gaggle of the bastards come a' callin', and need to be thinned out so your FLEE doesn't get destroyed. Being attacked by multiple enemies severely cripples your ability to dodge attacks, which is why mobbing tough enemies with multiple people is so effective.
If you go VIT, you are a fortress of smack, and can ignore many enemies' attacks due to your massive health pool and high defense rating, in addition to your absurd health recovery abilities.

Wizard is basically AoE and concentrated damage attacks, with some oddities here and there. Want to farm looter enemies fast? Cast Storm Gust on your location, danger close, and turn off autoloot (type @autoloot in the chat box/console). Drop an item to start the pain train, and keep casting it. Enemies in thick-spawning areas like Neko Island will come running for the great taste of face-rape.

I have done nothing with blacksmith except fish and do various daily quests to artificially level, so I have no comment on combat abilities.

Hunter is what it says on the tin. You're a remorseless killing machine that cannot be reasoned with or bargained with. The judicious use of traps to immobilize enemies allows you to solo some MVPs, making lesser enemies a cake walk. Groups of enemies are a bit of a hassle, and there are skills to deal with that, but mobs should be avoided. Unless you went full luck and have your accipiter hawk just brutalize anything and everything you notch an arrow at.

Thanks. it'll be part of the new OP next thread. I appreciate the help.

Possible template for new pasta

Acolyte

Acolyte is a base class focused on healing, buffing, supporting oneself and others and fighting demon and undead monsters. There are essentially two paths when playing as acolyte: going maximum support and undead-killing with high intelligence and vitality into a Priest or building as a self-buffing battle class that will eventually change into a Monk. Regardless, with so many useful acolyte skills changing class at Job Level 50 is practically mandatory in all cases.

Important skills: Heal, Agility Up, Blessing, Pneuma (all builds), Angelus (Support), Divine Protection lvl 10 and Demon Bane lvl 10 (Monk)

Priest and High Priest

The ultimate party support and healer. With high Int, Vit and some Dex you have great healing, solid survivability and good casting time to keep your teammates buffed and healed with minimal SP downtime. Even if by some miracle you don't have people wanting to party with you you can still solo level by healbombing undead monsters and exorcizing powerful undead like Anubis. High vit is mandatory for PVP and War of Emperium as you will be targetted by virtually everyone of the enemy team.

''Important skills": Impositio Manus, Ressurrection, Magnificat, (all builds), Kyrie Eleison (Priest) OR Assumptio (High Priest), Turn Undead (Exorcist).

Monk and Champion

Unlike the support-oriented Priest, the Monk is a more rounded and self-sufficient fighter with some supernatural abilities of his own. Monks have a wide variety of skills available - from high damage combo attacks to the close-ranged Investigate which deals higher damage the higher the defense of the foe to freezing attacking foes with Blade Stop and their most famous skill - the incredibly powerful Asura Strike. The downsides to being a monk are the very limited SP, limited support abilities and the fact that many of your skills are forced neutral damage, which makes it difficult to deal with certain foes and builds.

There are two paths one can go when playing as Monk/Champion: agility-focused combo builds that deal good sustained damage and can easily dodge enemy attacks (and are fun to boot) to dexterity-focused builds that rely on their spirit skills such as Investigate and Finger Offensive as well as Asura Strike. Regardless, you will want very high strength on both counts for maximum damage.

Important Skills: Summon Spirit Sphere, Investigate (All Builds), Triple Attack, Chain Combo and Combo Finish (Combo), Finger Offensive, Asura Strike (Spirit), Dangerous Soul Collect and Body Relocation (Champion).

I wonder what this is all about.

pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=28839&pid=291664#pid291664

Screenshot contest prize distribution

Killing baby seals is not as easy as in real life.

I will only add: Max you job lvl before you ascend to next class, unless you know what you are doing.
Read builds under the second class you aspire to evolve to.

This may have been asked, but who do I contact to get into this wonderful guild?

Hitting max job level is essential. Not only do you get better bonuses when you finish the job change quest, but you have more skills to work with, making it easier to know exactly how many points you can spend if you reroll your skills at any point, not wasting second job skillpoints on first job skills.

My bit for Crusader

Crusader

Crusaders gain a massive HP pool due to the Faith skill. You'll want it as its a requirement for most of the other skills and also because getting some 16k extra HP is just a nice thing to have.

Interestingly enough, you'll likely want to start investing some what into Int for a crusader as they are more skill dependent than their Knight counterparts. Holy Cross, Grand Cross, and a variety of shield skills will be soaking up your SP pool so invest some what into Int.

If you'd like you can go the Spear Quicken route as well. Crusaders don't get as many skills with the spear that Knights do, but you'll be able to do some spear based attacks if your build is made for speed.

If you plan on being your teams tank (like I am) You'll want to invest in Devotion. Devotion allows you to take all incoming damage for your party member (within a 10 level range of your self). This is very good for squishy classes like mages and other classes that have spells that need a few seconds to cast. By devoting them you'll soak up the damage while they continue to cast without issue. Just be sure to have some potions or a healer on your team.

We also need some stuff for the fallowing classes.

Sage

Bard/Dancer

Alchemist

Assassin

Rogue

Thank you for the new Acolyte pastas

You can leave your character name and I'll try to get you in. We just opened up a new guild because we had been running short on room in the main guild.

This new guild will be just like the other one.
HOWEVER WE DO NEED A NEW EMBLEM FOR THE INFINITYCAPACITOR

So if any of you have the artistic talent for 24x24 pixel art I'd appreciate any submissions.

Really depends though - while from a min-maxer's perspective you always want to change jobs at 50 sometimes there truly is no point to getting certain 1-1 skills if they become obsolete when changing classes so there is literally no point.

I'd rather wait until another Priest/Monk player steps in and gives their own input on the class - then I edit it out and properly proofread it and make a good pasta. Glad you liked itS-senpai.

Offensively, sages build on the mage skill tree by allowing movement and auto-attacking while casting spells. Sages also have an ability that lets them auto-cast spells for a discount while attacking, opening up the possibility of an agi-based build.

Before they transcend, sages are an unusual support class. They provide utility to their physically attacking allies by changing the element of their attacks. They can also dispell buffs from enemies and debuffs from allies

After becoming a professor, the support sage's role changes entirely. They gain access to soul change, an ability that switches your mana pool with an ally's, and life tap indulge, which lets them trade health for mana. Their role as mana batteries makes them essential for large parties.

Make potions. Make a homunculus. Pitch potions.

Not recommended as a first character, as gearing and using skills both cost an arm and a leg.

what a good feeling

Dr. Heal is the name. Thank you

With a crusader, you should also be investing heavily in damage-reduction gear and cards. Unfortunately, you can't hax your resistances to the point where you actually gain health from specific kinds of attacks, but ah well.

What classes BESIDES PRIEST are actually desired? I hate dial-a-spell bullshit, and the game's UI tends to fuck off when you're trying to use the party list to cast buffs and heal.

You have no poetry in your soul.

Heey it's my old Ragno-name I use it for memories

Added the sage bit, The Alchemist bit I'd like more detail on (even though I know its not much more than that) as its suppose to be an introduction to possible new players who are curious to play.

It was a good name. I thank you.

Well, we are sort of low on dedicated SP battery Professors. That aside I'm not sure what else we need.

Are the hats worth anything?

We need Creators for both potion making and Acid Demonstration spamming

Rahice's important notice
By GM-Rahice | Posted : Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:40:06 EST

As a friendly reminder to all heROians, GM's & Interns are only GM's/Interns when they are on their GM-esque/Intern-esque characters and should only be addressed as a such when they are on said character. Just as when they are on their legitimate characters, they should be addressed as regular players. No current GM, save for Pandora, has chosen to let their legitimate characters or personal identity be publicly announced to the server population and made a public note of it. That being said, if any players make it a habit to mention GMs Legits, we will have to take the appropriate action against it. Please respect the privacy of all of our GM's & Interns, as they want to enjoy the game just like everyone else. If for some reason you know who a GM/Intern's personal identity is or their legitimate characters, it is not something you should spread around or speak about openly. [size=x-small"> There's a thread, probably long forgotten, with Pandora's comments on matters like this here.[/size"> Our team: GM-Pandora, GM-Garr, GM-Ciar, GM-Luna, Intern-Abathur and myself (GM-Rahice) love what we do and love this server. Thank you for everything, heROes!

Not sure what prompted this but just something of some interest that they would make an official statement on this.

That middle one and last one might be worth something. But the issue is finding some one who wants to buy it.

This is shameless ripoff of those two pixel art works. Hope you like it.

Actually got a better idea for emblem for vassal guild

I like it. Thanks!

We still need a few other classes for the new pastas.

Bard/Dancer

Alchemist

Assassin

Rogue

Post if you've got some ideas.

Would you be able to re-submit it as a PNG? I get artifacts with GIF

Sure.

If I bother to make a second account, I may make a female account, but because I'm not some fuckass neo-regressive fuckhead, I'll comically name all of my characters after Transformers.

WAKE UP ELLY

You still have Edrao marked down for Deviruchi even though I gave it back to you and you switched me back to Eternal

Sorry about that. I changed it on the doc. are you still set as a Holder on the guild?

manus is extremely useful for snipers and pretty much nothing else. but what else are you gonna spend those points on if not turn undead?

Nah

Libertas here with a Pet Giveaway List Update

Regular Pets
4 Orc Warriors
2 Picky
4 Smokies
3 Munak
2 Sohee
2 Ninetail
1 Snow Bunny
2 Wild Rose
7 Porrings
4 Drops
12 Poporings
5 Chon Chon
2 Baby Desert Wolf
2 Spore
3 Poison Spre
1 Bongun
4 Familiar
28 Siroma
1 YoYo
3 Steel ChonChon
2 Rocker
3 Savage Babe
1 Hunter Fly
3 Peco Peco

Holloween Pets
Note: Holloween pets seem to all be Looter pets. Still neat looking though.

2 Ghostring
3 Quve
3 Pumpkinring
1 Jakk
1 Nightmare
1 Diabolic

Also for those wondering what benefits each pet has check out this link:

If you are wondering what accessories each has check out this link.

That's it, if you want any of the pets listed send me a PM at Libertas since I go AFK every once in awhile and might not notice allychat.

Also if you have tames you don't want/need give em to me so I can go find them, tame and give them to another user.

I got one for
BARD AND DANCER
You graduate from a high-DPS Archer to a heavy duty utility class; however, Bards and Dancers are still able to level on their own, using what they've learned from being an archer.
They have the ability to "perform" and lay down an aura that causes various effects based upon the song or dance used.

You'll notice that you can only become either a Bard or Dancer based upon whether you are a boy or grill: boys being Bards, grills being smoking hot Dancers.
For both classes you gain the ability to wield close-range weaponry that deal damage based upon Dexterity rather than strength. Whips for Dancers, Instruments for Bards. Both with respective mastery skills that also increase song/dance effectiveness. So max that mastery, really.
They can also throw arrows at enemies using their weapons. Kind of neat.
Both gain access to Ensembles which require both a bard and a dancer to have invested in, and they're pretty niche-use. Do not worry about getting one too much unless you have your heart set on it with a partner bard/dancer. No, bards can't perform with other bards; thas' gay, yo'. And dancers cannot dance with other dancers– that's forbidden love.

Now for the obvious differences between the two classes.

Bards tend to lean towards support, reciting poems, songs, and ballads that inspire those around them.

The first is A Poem of Bragi which decreases cast times and cooldowns, and you are going to learn this song or you are not a Bard. Its effectiveness is based upon the performer's intelligence and dexterity.
The second is Apple of Idun which increases max hp for everyone who hears it. Based on Vitality.
The third is Assassin Cross of the Sunset. It inspires people to stop being wusses and attack faster. Based on Agility.
The fourth and kind of lame song is A Whistle. It increases flee rate and perfect dodge. Based on Agility and Luck.

Bards also have a screen-wide skill that freezes abso-lute-ly everything named "Frost Joker". At level 5, it's a 40% chance to freeze whoever is unlucky enough to hear you attempt to make a joke. Even your party members. It's fun as h*ck.
Pastebin for editing the lines that are spat out when using it: pastebin.com/Pv54axVC
Overall, Bards tend to be the life of their parties.

Dancers however tend to be the center of attention with their performances.

Please Don't Forget Me is the name of one of their dances. It heavily decreases walk speed and attack speed for anyone caught in its range. Fantastic for WoE, an absolute nightmare to deal with when attempting to assault. Acts like a moving ultra-quagmire in PvE however. Attackspeed reduction increases with Dex, Movespeed reduction with Agility.
Service For You largely increases the SP pools of all who watch, along with decreasing sp costs, and increasing sp regen rates. It's a lovely support dance, and expected to be maxed if you plan to level in a party. Effectiveness based solely upon Intelligence.
Fortune's Kiss increases critical rates of everyone in eyeshot. Kind of lame, but pretty nice for melee attackers having trouble hitting mobs. Based upon Luck.
The last dance, "Humming", increases hit rate. Don't get this. That is, don't get this if you aren't planning to get Into The Abyss for fun Abra Kadabra parties with a bard friend.

Dancers get a screen-wide stun, as compared to bards who get a screen-wide freeze, named Scream. You shout lewd things at everyone and the shock causes them to drop everything. Even your party members. Fun.

When either class transcends, they gain some more utility. Neat things like Arrow Vulcan which will make up for being a really slow attacker with a 1200% attack burst of arrow-slinging, Tarot Card of Fate which can and will fuck up everything and everyone in PvP if they're unlucky enough, Marionette Control which endows a party member with half of your stats (you can't do fugging anything while controlling someone), and Longing For Freedom which allows you to move around and act while performing an ensemble.
There's also hermode's rod which is not worth points, and moonlit water mill which could get you banned if you use it as it was intended :^).

You mean every class that uses attack? It's a free porcellio at level 5.

Dick-ass thieves. Well balanced jack of all trades that can do just about anything. Two very strong builds with them: dagger gank or bow. Dagger gank rogues are masters of getting comfy, left clicking mobs, and raking in tons of loot. Bow rogues don't have a variety of ranged attacks like hunters, but they have a lot of utility skills to keep them alive. Double strafe as a bow hunter is stable and easy, dagger gank with plagiarism can get frustrating but allows for some cool shit and lodsemone. Able to dabble in everything but masters of nothing but theft.

Get about a million times better as a Stalker, where they transition from master looters to extreme perverts who enjoying leaving their opponents crippled and naked instead of outright killing them.

Thanks. Added to the Pasta.

Only classes left now are:

Alchemist

and

Assassin

I really appreciate the help everyone.

someone please save me from solo grind

>Solo grind is hard

Water ball does actually many hits separated, as opposed to, for example, fire bolt, that's actually just one hit divided in 10

I just wanted to see 2X000 in big yellow letters after a 3 second cast.

it's not hard, but it's boring to farm poring island for 3 hours though.

Holy shit dude, you only have 1 dex

Well, just left work furious, burning rubber all the way out of the parking lot and down the street. I need to spend this anger on something. I would like to make some weird class characters, but 99% of my playtime has been solo grinding on eleven fucking characters. The twelfth is saved for novice events.

I need to make a second account, I guess.

Jesus man, I assume you're in the guild yeah?

What class have you not done yet?

Not in the guild, though I was at the outset. Left because I hated the class I was in with, unto death.

Haven't played any 2-2 classes ever, nor rebirth stuff. The last time I played RO was when level 99 was a hard stop. Hence the need for a second account to try the other stuff out, but the grind is very dissuasive, especially since most of the characters I already have are suitable for soloing, while the unicorn-caliber ones are heavily dependent on support, or providing it.

It always helps to be in a party for later level stuff. Solo can take you all the way, but its a much more grinding endeavor.

Let me know what character you'd like to get in the guild and I'll set you up. We've got a new guild just waiting to be populated.

LIBERTAS I got some monster tames for you say something in thread or ally chat when you're no longer afk.

Thanks for the mage coat. Now to get toward putting it to use for the team.

Making a sage, and I'll see if I can name the character Shockwave. If not, then perhaps Perceptor, since a professor is needed, and calling a fake girl character a Transformer name is something I had already planned on doing.

Anywho, my primary account has lots of neat stuff, but no endgame-breaking crap, and as I've always done on my characters, I'll continue to help out any infinity members, or new characters.

We have some very friendly people in our guild(s). Thank you super priest.

At the top of the hour we'll be doing our little get together to calibrate our guild being thing for a whole month!

I'll be having us dice for loot in one of the DB rooms. Probably Arena.

Anyways, Just figured I'd post it here first.

Perceptor is created, going full INT for the moment.

The fun part will be transferring items.

Your go to for pvp instagibbing. That's most of what they do. They have very few skills and half of them are shit. They are good at both pvp and pve regardless of how you build, but you have few build options. Build STR+INT for maximum pvp instagib plus mobbing option or agi+str for pve and some pvp/woe action. Choose between double daggers or katars (katars are the cheaper option). Choose between Deadly Poison (fucking costly to make) + Sonic Blow/Grimtooth or the damaging SinX skills(they don't benefit from Deadly Poison). FYI Deadly poison costs a ton to make and only lasts for 60 but increase your damage by up to 400% (which, again, doesn't effect the SinX attack skills). That's enough to 1shit niggas with Sonic blow and it helps with destroying Emperium (how you take guilds), a lot. In short, you should always be useful for killing shit, it's a matter of what you specialize in killing and how.

There is more to know, but beginners only need to know that much.

Oh god, the ice wall is learning, it's learning fashion!

well that was a good bit of mindless fun. im glad i was able to play today to experience it.

i love you all fags.

t.Lokrav

TRIPS DEMANDED BLOOD
AND BLOOD WAS SHED THAT DAY

Love you guys.
Tallen

G-great.
Dollhusk here, someone pls respond if you see this.

oy gevalt

Hello :^)

Today was a fun day.

Fun times guys.

I think we scared a few normalfags in Pront

Here's to another month!

were you guys pvping or pveing?

Just dicking around with Bloody Branches.

For the free unlock quest which dungeon should I unlock for free if i do it? Or should I say, which one is the most annoying that I should get out of the way?

:(

Why woudl you have to explain to people what Ragnarok Online is? If you play video games and aren't underaged you'd know.

Missed the fun today it seems. Gonna change my sleep schedule, always asleep when stuff happens.

How big's the server?

Not super crowded. I think we may be becoming the majority of the population. You'll be the only person on a lot of maps much of the time, but many of the original players are all endgame autists that never come down from their ivory towers.

They give the server population on the login page right?

Yeah, but we're not sure how many are autovendors. You can use the @at command to keep your vendor in the game and close the client. Good for running a shop while playing on a different account. Or like I do, use them to sell stuff to your alternate account for a zeny per item in some corner of Buttfuck, Egypt.

The server pop usually shows as around 200 but at least half of that is vendors.

What're some priest pve builds that aren't healslut?

None because TU is useful for Anubis and that's about it. After that there is no way you will be able to solo grind as a Priest, so you might as well put the skill points towards being a more useful healslut.

If that doesn't appeal to you, play something else. For some strange reason we have a surplus of healsluts, and a deficiency of all the fun classes that you'd expect there to be a billion of.

I'd love to hear what you deem as a fun class. I've tried a RO server before but I ended up quitting out of frustration from the stat point system gimping my character before I even got to class lvl 50

Agi monk

Agi Champ is just more toys for the combo tree. Monks are pretty damn self-sustainable

But monk is dull as shit without stupid powerful equipment to cover the gaping holes in defense. Not a brick shithouse like any VIT characters are, and not dancing between the raindrops like an AGI-ssassin. You get up close and take an ass-beating every time.

Deleting my level 77 TKD because that class if fucking garbage too, unless you want to go complete metagame mode and just soul link everyone.

Did you get the idea that monks are squishy based on my champ, because he's not built for survivability. 99 AGI is still 99 AGI, I could tank gazeti with ease back before i

Honestly it depends. The nice thing is, up to level 40 you can redistribute stats. If you want to play something, ask here on thread or in the guild chat when everyone is on, they will give you tips on builds, otherwise look at some pre-renewal guides.

Wizards are fun and easy to build, but they can be frustrating solo without high dex/bad internet like I have.

Assassins are fun as hell solo, Snipers are also fun as hell solo. Knight if you know how to build, but they're very equipment reliant to get going (Swordsman is about bashing your wait until Knight/Crusader)

redistribute stats and skills for free* Afterwards it's expensive.

I remember getting mvp as a priest killing whatever the big undead knight was back in ye olde days

Wish there was a reasonable server with 300 or more people

Finally 38/30 happy merchant. Should I get in guild or grind some more until I'm ultimate shekelmaster?

There isn't a level requirement to get into the guild. Just post your character name and I'll try to get your in.

Dude what.
This serb is dying and you scare off a "few" normalfags?

There where a few just hanging around in pront and our sudden showing up in santa suits confused/scared them.

When they saw that it was all form our guild they where confused but encouraged us to do WoE. there was one guy who said "I need to get out of here" when he saw us all.

We kept our power levels in check for the most part. nothing that would get us in trouble. just a sudden flash mob of santa suits in Pront.

It's Shakim you goy.

It wasn't exactly obscenities if I recall right

It was in celebration of being a guild for 1 month. we're "new" but we have a presence on the server. People know of us. Just a flash mob like this was unexpected to them as they don't usulay see us all together at once like this very often.

I was thinking about playing but the population's low and you guys sound like fags tbh fam

I've played this game so many times. I'll install it after work.

You could play without joining the guild. We're around but we keep our chat mostly to the #ally channel. The server population is low enough that you'll likely not run into too many people outside of towns unless its a popular leveling area.

Cool. when you get set up, post your character name if you'd like into the guild. We'll do what we can to help you out if you have any questions or whatever.

Does this server have special items like Kakashi's headband or Alucards glasses?

Well shit I really can't decide what class to pick and Alchemist makes me uneasy,
What other classes do have a low supply of?

We could always use more Clowns and Gypsies. The latter requires a female account, and we really don't have one that's on often, having more would be a boon for PvM/MvP purposes and eventually WoE so it'd be the best thing, methinks. There's also always use for any of the main combat classes, if you want, you can make one to make farming for zeny/gear easier (For this purpose I recommend Snipers followed by assassins, they can do a lot solo without too much trouble, especially the former).

Is this bait?
Isn't that class shit?

People underestimate their value. For PvM purposes, they have a song that increases max SP by 25% and reduces cost of skills by 50% scaling with int, very useful for things like Muspel. For WoE they have Please Don't Forget me which reduces enemy Move Speed by 20% and Attack Speed by 30%, which scales better with dex and agility respectively. This is STRONGER than Wizard's famous Quagmire, and when used in conjunction with hide/cloaking cards, allows them to function as a huge AoE Debuff for the entire enemy team.

Additionally, since we already have Clowns, ensemble skills that require both a bard/clown and a dancer/gypsy are valuable, but we can't access them because we don't have any active gypsies.

This is of course, a very support heavy role, though both Clowns and Gypsies get access to Arrow Vulcan and Tarot Card of Fate which are powerful skills.

It's got custom items, but not the two you mentioned as far as I know.

Perhaps try going rogue? It would be a fun change for you most likely. Also, at higher level you can start stealing skills and have some weird times with that.

I've got a dancer and don't mind playing it if requested. Just needs some levels and maybe a reset.

What a piece of shit

Definitely nameless island.

So I've been in contact with that one guild leader who wanted to give us characters or something to do WoE in.

I personally don't really trust him too much. Giving a whole account to barrow just for WoE seems really weird. He also seems too eager to get us working along side his guild. I really don't know what to think about it. He's offering help/items and stuff to get us more prepared for WoE, but I don't want to accept any deals without the consensus of you guys.

Personally, I'm against it. I'd much rather we not be handed god tier items or accounts like this. I'd much rather that we carve our own path in this server and if we do well in WoE we did it our self.

But I'll leave this decision to you guys. Would you rather we look into alliances with people who could help us do well in WoE or should we continue to go it our own?

Do it on your own, I speak from plenty of experience from other games that alliances are generally done by sinking ship guilds who are just doing it to try to maintain relevance, also once you get into politics there's no going back.

This. Ignore the offer, we didn't start playing this to get involved in guild politics and drama, or to be another guild's vassals.

This is probably just my EVE sense tickling wrong spots but it sounds like the guy's guild is about to die so he desperately trying to do something that would keep the members in. Or he wants to try and steal members.

Shit you want politics you should've played Age of Wushu, politics in that game were so questionable it made EvE look tame sometimes

I vote we should do it mercenary way. Items, not accounts (account trading is bad). They pay us, we fight for them. Nothing more.

However account thing is fishy as fuck. He seems not trustworthy enough.

There is a sense of desperation.

The guy has been trying to get something going for at least half a month now. he's talked to me on a few accounts so I wasn't sure who it was this whole time until just now.

Also apparently he gave an account of one of our members already. because of where they both came from. I won't say who it was, but if you're reading this, just keep an eye on your newly acquired account.

Talked to him while levelling with him, he's not trying to trick us, he wants the WoE scene to prosper but he's got a history on the server, so it's a dangerous deal tbh. He's absolutely obsessed with RO, and he's friendly in the sense that he wants to help new players out, but there's a lot of guild drama surrounding him. A polite decline is my stance.

Can we bring our Drakes

Could you post name of his guild? I want to make some "research".

OK, tell him to fuck off very politely, absolutely not worth it.

Bring the svipuls.

I'd reckon it's just to displace… Wine Brewing Society? as owners of the guild castles. They've held them pretty consistently from what I've heard, yeah?

I doubt anybody joined this for politics, however. So I'm in favor of declining.

I'd rather we not get into any needless drama. I'm sure enough will come our way once we start taking castles So if you're gonna investigate, do so discreetly.

Webm should be what you need to know.

For reference, he was telling us about how other guilds ostracized him and his guild but also said, there's two side to every story, so don't take his word for it, while his friend was telling him to knock it off. I don't mind doing muspel runs with them though, they're pretty good players and organized well, they already seem to be an allegiance of several guilds.

Wine Brew is actually friendly with him, one the guilds I'm talking about. He kept mentioning CP. in a negative light, which I think is one of the top guilds as well.

I can't really say I know what the reason is. But I assume based on his vigor to this do that it might be the case.

I think it was Wine Brew that told me to keep an eye out for them. So they must have some history.

Doing parties for things like Muspel and stuff are fine. Don't worry about politics and just get in for free loot and levels.

From the looks of what has been said so far, it seems like a resounding "NO" so I'll wait a bit longer before getting back to him about it, but good to see your guys opinions so far.

Yeah that reeks of something fishy, I'd avoid it like the plague.
That or we should marry someone off to him, that's only backfired each time I've seen it tried.

I'm not feeling it

Unrelated by the way, Logan, you can kick my two friends to make slots for new folk, Annika and KarlScissorHands. They pussied out and moved to a High Rate server without telling me. Figs isn't super dedicated but he wants to keep playing so he'll catch up eventually.

This is a good chance to mention that my friend Thors intends to continue playing, and you saw DrStrangelove at the one-month event.

Eh the card grind can get really bad sometimes.
I'd say RO is probably one of the grindiest MMOs that wasn't shit.

Cards were supposed to be small bonuses instead of this shit.

It's a custom card. and for extended classes that mostly got no love when it came to card shit.

I'm ok with that.

Yeah, they didn't want to go through Philippines RO again, basically. The sad part is, I kept telling them where to level and stay active and ask other guildies for parties but they didn't want to grind for cards or hard to get equipment. I think they just want to PvP at l255

It's worse on higher rate servers where everyone gets to have several maxed stats after a few hours and everything drops accessories with 3 slots.

Hah it's funnier now, I realize, his friend that was cool is the Apis fellow, and he's in Wine Brew. The fact that his guild is telling you to be careful is a good sign to be very cautious.

Couldn't care less about upping the power of extended classes tbh lad

Spiv? Did you log out? I got those items for you.

It's not that i wanted to help you, baka!

kek nice try

So I figured to wait until the muspel stuff was done before I got back to him and told him that we declined his offer.

He didn't seem upset. but yeah, keep an eye out for people trying to recruit you and stuff. It may be him looking for new blood for his dying guild.

Yeah, I don't think it's wise if even his friends are telling you to be careful, hahaha. Another run's going to happen though, for those interested in Muspel. Great exp for the trans 90's.

Oshit, your computer is full of EXEs, many from the INTERNET! Better hurry and delete them all!

I don't trust Baby Eddga.
If we accept hand-outs and welfare, we'll be their slaves. Even if he is trying just to be nice– the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Decline. Associating with a drama whore that got banned is a bad idea for anybody, but more importantly, we should try to be the Umman Manda of the server. The outsiders with the incomprehensible culture who cannot be engaged with conventional methods. Not edgy 12 year old shitposters looking to cause trouble, just a huge wave of weirdos that showed up one day and changed everything.

Hell no. We are a group of anons with zero in-group issues whom have so far managed the guild with zero drama and lots of co-operation. We don't need to succeed in WoE and we certainly don't need to band together with a dying guild with past drama. We got some great shit going and I am happy with us being an outside force hell bent on having fun for the sake of having fun.

Damn. The anime custom items were awesome in aeRO.

Here here.

RO is about the fun and memories for me, not being the best. If you wanna do that, do that on a server with competitive WoE and a larger pop. If we WoE, I'm going in with the mindset that it's because we all worked together to get ourselves levelled and geared, as fellows who could give less of a rats ass about guild drama and wanted to enjoy the suffering together.

No worries. I've already declined his offer and said that it was a guild decision. But as I said before, keep an eye out for people looking to recruit you into a guild as it'll likely be him trying to curry favors such as gear or cards and the such.

Don't be afraid to party with others from outside the guild if they're in your range (such as muspels and other event things). Nothing wrong with getting leveled up.

Our show of force yesterday with our sudden flash mob in santa suits I feel is a nice connection to that. But yeah, if we WoE, it'll be because we did it. I like that attitude and I look forward to getting to the top with everyone else.

pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=account&action=create

You can do that here.

I give people shit with no strings attached because I am a joyless wreck of a man with nothing to live for. If I can't truly enjoy this time sink, maybe somebody else can with shovelfuls of shit from my hoard.

I do it like I did yesterday because after all these years on this server, my storage is maxed out on space. So if I can make making space fun I might as well.

kill me, pete

just solo with your hunter and go wizard when someone needs you in a party

How do I get to byalan city

It's named "kunlun" by the sailors.

Wait no, that's an island dungeon.
It's off in Izlude's marina

Apparently I can't figure out how to do this stupid merchant quest

take boat from izlude

Actually, the quest does want you to go to the island dungeon, which has a kafra on it.

I talked to the kafra all it offers is storage

If the quest is bugged out, you can always just talk to the NPC job change guy in prontera. You'll lose out on the 40k and Item prize, but its an alternative.

Did you talk to the guy who gives you the package yet?He's in one of the rooms of the place where you get the quest

You forgot to take the serial number from the dude next room from the merchant guild

Finally got to the 89+ levels on my meme novice, lets see how far this goes…

Sweet Jesus. Did you go instacast? What's your secret to that super cancer?

wew lad, you have my respects

Meme lover in training, seconding this. Tell me your secret, oh lord of memes.

how

Behold, the comprehensive guide to playing Bard.

beautiful

Amazing, yet shocking.

inb4 you fucking wreck everyone in the BGs.

How do you guys get these skins to work right? I think I'm using the same skin but the alt+q menu and the top left menu hasn't changed/looks like shit

Did you download the full installer or the patcher?

full installer and I used the patcher afterwards

So I've been planning on making a bard but it looks like we've already some in the making, is it worthwhile to make a dancer instead? By worth I mean is the payoff worth the tedium of changing between accounts.

I am just gonna use TalonRO

bye

Thanks for the backdoor scrub

Nice honeypot you kike

back to playing windows solitaire i go

He asked how, not why.

I'm officially job 70 now. If you need weapon refining, just hit me up.

I hope you've paid up

Sorry, Mal.

:^)

Why not play in a server
without 'custom' shit and more than 80 people?

This server is well moderated and doesn't have a god-awful oversatured economy. The custom content is bearable and the community and staff haven't been an issue for us.
Finding a server not infested with bots, an admin circlejerk, and dominate by guilds of multis is a godsend.

That and we've invested a month into the server, so I doubt we'd survive a switch; the server itself has also been incredibly stable.

Since I hit bard, I'd like an invite to the alt guild to get myself into parties since you guys dont look at main.

Fun times at neko island though

Snazzy

Whats the donation system like

talon or sarah?

sarah seems to be bigger but talon has been around longer

Whichever one suits you really.
Just try to have fun, mane.

I have no idea about Sarah other than it cropped up when I stopped playing, but I'd avoid Talon.
If you're soloing on a highrate then it really doesn't matter where you go, especially if it's post-renewal; you're really only going to dick around for a few weeks at most and then forget about it.

Hey what's a better place to hunt nighmares? geffen dun or endless tower?

I'm looking for low rates, both servers are low rates.

You're likely using prerenewal skins for a renewal client.

What's the population of the alt guild at? I'd like to get my bard to be in there: Edgy Lute Player

OH. That would explain a lot of things. But unfortunately, selecting AssortChild crashes my client everytime. But I guess I'll settle for Clover Note

Are there any Soul Linkers with Assassin Spirit in the guilds?

See Soab

Geffen dun

4 Westr

Could I get an invite to the alt guild?

alt? new player?

pown.it/1811
This is what i'm talking about, tallen-san.

This game is pretty damn complex for being so old. However from what I understand there are more populated servers out there so why choose this HeRO server?

Older games were a lot more complex.

OP gets a kickback for every person that signs up.

It was just my choice due to having been on it for a few years. This whole thing started from two annons and I wanting to play from an MMO thread about a month ago. We played all night and by the end we figured we should make a thread in the morning. and so the first thread was made. From there we've just continued to get more people with each thread.

I fucking wish. They haven't said so much as a thanks. But its not like I did it for that reason. I just wanted to let others play the game I enjoyed on a server I enjoyed as well.

The other servers seem pretty crazy population wise. I'm looking through the ratemyserver and there's this one called sarahserver that gets 3k-4k players same with this talonRO server. I had no idea this game was so popular. For whatever reason, it reminds me of DotA.

Unlike DotA though, the sequel was absolute shit. So was the second sequel.

Yeah Talon and Sarah seem to be very populated.

I think I tried to get into Talon once but if I remember correctly they had a different set up file wise than any of the other ROs I have played so it was a pain that I wasn't able to figure out. I have to assume it was for custom stuff.

I'm still trying to pick one of two, dont know which has less custom shit and isn't p2w.

Sarah is supposedly more like 2k< nowadays

Still, plenty of people. 300+ is when a server feels alive imo

Come back when your feeling better man.

We'll still be around.

Hope you get better soon.

To elaborate: it's not like the sequels were shit. It is just that they ignored what made RO great and tried to draw in the Theme Park MMO fanbase.

Oh, and made it p2win.

Gungho prevents Gravity from doing updates
Melee classes are worthless, sorcerers do everything, looks even less like RO

i downloaded RO again a long time ago, and the english patch i downloaded was super incomplete or just weird, and it made looking for things really difficult. i also remember the game having more stuff or stuff in different places, and the world looked really, really empty compared to my (maybe fucked up) memory. i was also playing on one of the more popular servers.

is this a normal thing or did i just fuck up somewhere?

I'm surprised Gravity hasn't tried to profit off of private servers by making a new RO server framework thing from scratch and licensing it out.

Looks like RO
Great action combat
Shitty "themepark" design

Would you rather play with 100 active players or 300 botters, tho?
This server is the only one I've seen to date that actively punishes botters to the point of players not finding bots anywhere.

He obviously means 300 players you downy.

Not hard to ban bots when there's 50 people playing

You don't just not find bots, you also don't find players :^)

Of course, but player counters also count bots.
And due to the nature of bots, if a server "allows" them you can expect 90% to 80% of the players online to be bots grinding nonstop on easy maps.
Bots also shit on the game's economy even more than 10 year old legit accounts.

That's the thing, you don't find many players, but when you find one, it's an actual player.
The ideal is many players, but many bots is worse than few players imo.

It's actually bad enough that official servers have bots that they can't deal with. HeRO is good because you don't just see a million people who look the same farming all the important maps.

RO's history is a pretty sad one over all. Gravity got hacked before the game's release (which is why there are so many private servers), near the end of the year in 2003 bots became normal, to the point that in order to stay competitive, your guild needed to bot, and the GMs couldn't do anything about it because they took so long to act that server populations ended up being majority bot. In 2007 they went P2W with Kafra shop and in 2009 they fucked everything up with Renewal.

There is no mmo that doesn't have bots

Quads of truth. And consider that even with all that, it's still one of the best MMOs ever released. Imagine what could have been.

Not to the degree of RO, where many official and private servers are husks filled with farming drones and a minuscule actual player base.

My first experience with RO was iRO. I made an acolyte because "hey, everyone needs heals right?". I did some solo leveling for a bit and while I was trying to fight some shit another player showed up and started healing the monster I was fighting.

I said "why are you doing that?" they responded "oh, I'm sorry I thought you where a bot" and continued on their way.

That left a pretty big impression on me when it came to the official game. You could go into any creamy map and find aco bots teleporting the instant you came into view range of them.

HeRO server is my third server that I've played after iRO. the other two have died but HeRO server has been around some 10 years now, without resets. Oldest screenshot I have, was taken by mistake.

In all that time I don't think I've ever run into a bot. You can check the ban list in the websites threads. you see now and then they ban a player for botting.

I currently play on this server. So far so good.

Allowe me to supply you in soundtrack:
youtube.com/watch?v=gM7IBrszcl4

I'm suppressed they didn't come with 4 slots.

I'd like to see whats for sale to be honest. But it being floating button you can always press like that is pretty shitty in my opinion.

Temporal boots are actually official content :^)

lamer

These deviantart anime drawings for the NPCs are really off-putting. Was having a chill time, I guess, then walked up to warp guy and felt something drop. Went to Prontera for the first time and talked to the NPCs…well, got that "out of place" feeling when you're an adult walking through a playground.

There goes my nostalgia.

They are jarring as fuck.

Don't go to the fisherman.

I agree. If I could I would prefer if they just had no portrait whatsoever.

I hate them so much, pic related is a original Kafra, that's how NPCs should look.
Most don't have an illustration because they are not used all the time/relevant enough, and let that be that way damnit.

Regular Pets
4 Orc Warriors
2 Picky
4 Smokies
3 Munak
2 Sohee
2 Ninetail
1 Snow Bunny
2 Wild Rose
7 Porrings
4 Drops
12 Poporings
5 Chon Chon
2 Baby Desert Wolf
2 Spore
3 Poison Spre
1 Bongun
4 Familiar
28 Siroma
1 YoYo
3 Steel ChonChon
2 Rocker
3 Savage Babe
1 Hunter Fly
3 Peco Peco
1 Deviruchi (+Accesory)
1 Dokebi
1 Mavka

Holloween Pets
2 Ghostring
3 Quve
3 Pumpkinring
1 Jakk
1 Nightmare
1 Diabolic

For info on the tames necessary for each pet and what they eat, check this link:

That's it, if you want any of the pets listed send me a PM at Libertas since I go AFK every once in awhile and might not notice allychat.

Also if you have tames you don't want/need send me a PM so I can get them from you later.

tfw

Tch, they need to have a contest to replace the artwork. That might be enough to get me off of my FUCK DRAWING spell of thirteen fucking years.

I tried to replace the kafra skins but apparently they're hardcoded in, there's no folder containing the illustration.

Is GRF editing or whatever not the solution.

Equation of chance to tame a monster:

pet_catch_rate = (pet_db[i].capture + (sd->status.base_level – md->level)*30 + sd->battle_status.luk*20)*(200 – get_percentage(md->status.hp, md->status.max_hp))/100;

Also, the only way to truly know what every pet does on heRO without testing each one of them yourself would be to ask for a conf/battle/pet.conf dump on the forums

what's that

These things. Never tried mucking with them before, but I reckon if you download a .grf editor you could use it to replace the portraits.

Don't get banned for 'cheating', though~

loli kafra best kafra

Hey Yullia, isn't this exactly what you wanted? Not that expensive

irowiki.org/wiki/Dewata_Legend_Quest

For those who are looking to get into Krakatau Volcano

WHAT THE HECKA
SOMEONE IS GOING TO BUY IT BEFORE I LOG IN BUY IT BUY IT

Some music for our Dewata party

youtube.com/watch?v=DWk_rXw7Aus&list=PLKCo9B-drsaBCRUCM_e0D0cotUnS-Om19

Regular Pets
4 Orc Warriors
2 Picky
4 Smokies
3 Munak
2 Sohee
2 Ninetail
1 Snow Bunny
2 Wild Rose
7 Porrings
4 Drops
12 Poporings
5 Chon Chon
2 Baby Desert Wolf
2 Spore
3 Poison Spre
1 Bongun
4 Familiar
28 Siroma
1 YoYo
3 Steel ChonChon
2 Rocker
3 Savage Babe
1 Hunter Fly
3 Peco Peco
1 Deviruchi (+Accesory)
1 Dokebi
1 Mavka
2 Teddy Bear
2 Wast Stove
1 Alliot
1 Baby Garm
2 Karakasa

Holloween Pets
2 Ghostring
3 Quve
3 Pumpkinring
1 Jakk
1 Nightmare
1 Diabolic

For info on the tames necessary for each pet and what they eat, check this link:

Also if you have tames you don't want/need send me a PM so I can get them from you later.

I didnt have 9m. Did you get it in time?

I just started you know. Last week! And those boots aren't mine!

Judging by that image it looks like vanberk cards aren't too expensive, does anyone know what they tend to go for on their own?

It got boring to me eventually, to be honest.
I'd end up doing one of three things.

1. Follow a fuck train on a gramps mission while stopping to instakill a mob with arrow storm every so often.
2. Farm Juperos for dosh by fly winging around, collecting the largest mob I could, and killing it instantly with arrow storm.
3. Logging in for an hour to get my daily reward.

Eventually, I just stopped logging in.
Granted, I never joined a guild since I still felt kinda bad about ditching my guildmates on my last server and didn't want a repeat. So that might've contributed. Although it was never very hard to find a party because of the population, so it's not like I was playing it alone.

im done blogging now

Someone just bought it. I have 6.5m atm and was trying to sell stuff to be able to buy it.There's never going to be another one for sale because the chance to get it is 0.3% kill me kill me kill me

At least you still have your vanberk card.
Oh wait :^)

ORIGINAL CHARACTER
DONUT STEEL

Reminder that someone made the conscious decision to put this in rather than have no portrait at all.

The pole is longer than the line attached to it. You would literally have to be laying down to actually make use of the bobber

jesus fucking christ.

Oh boy. I'd forgotten about that NPC.

Still, best to go to the fisher with money in hand, Bwing in pocket and a lot of room in your merchants inventory. Those fish are pretty nice and you'll RNG some ok items some times.

I can see why people who played this game wouldn't move onto something like tree of saviour. This game is most certainly very mature so much so I cannot even understand some of the complex systems and free layout.

It does bring up the question of how do you even make an updated successor to it. If you say graphics then the game would lose its character sprites which is seemingly apart of the charm. If you say the system then well what part because relative to most modern games it has a very in depth system. If you say monsters then it already has more advanced monsters than most games out there. What is there to even add or change to this game? What would anyone want out of a successor?

Make the game less about spamming shit and make fights more difficult while reducing the downtime/cost between each one. Basically early FFXI.

My left wrist and my right index finger are utterly destroyed.

ToS followed up the style with higher resolution sprites, so that's fine. I'd say graphically it can be improved, and for enemies, that just takes a creative team that isn't starved for ideas (I mean, they put in fucking everything, from Norse Gods, Evil Japanese Serpent Gods to Dracula and Doppleganger).

All it really needs is more content, and it's systems can be refined so they're smoothed out like movement isn't stuttery and the elimination of rubberband lag would be a godsend.

The problem with it's spiritual successor is it went themepark, whereas RO has always been open. Other things to improve is an auction house, because honestly, the market system in RO is pretty trash (having to click through 200 stores can take like, half an hour, before moving onto other towns, an auction house with search functionality can make this a lot easier, and the streets won't be crowded by 7 year old merchants).

I think what people would like to see is more open world zones that lead to endgame stuff like GH/Biolabs/RobotFactory/RacSanc, that latter three of which have interesting stories for lorefags too. It'll probably be difficult to do anything though, given that the mythology of RO draws a lot from our real world mythology while putting it's own spin on it, but that's not to say it's not impossible to add content.

Honestly it's just about there being more to do. One thing that I love about RO's design is that, nothing becomes irrelevant, unlike other MMOs, where an expansion obsoletes previous content. Rather, MVPs always drop good gear and cards, cards make all creatures relevant (even Fabre/PecoPecoEgg/etc), fixed drops means that they can reuse items for quests and such (100x Jellopies). I'd like to imagine if RO didn't suffer from it's early misfortunes and handled things like bot banning better, it'd be in far better place today. And let's never talk about RO2, because themepark MMOs a shit.

Models would be updated RO2 graphics.
System honestly isn't all that complicated, takes like five minutes to learn it all.

Official server and most good private servers have item list that shows the items being sold and where the merchant is

An advancement of the art style.
Use a new engine, especially for more fluid combat and movement.
Remove creatures stacking/clipping into one another, visual/audio effects becoming headache inducing nuisances, and other basic issues.
Proper Aggro and targeting mechanics.
More complex enemy interactions and mechanics, especially in 'prepared' scenarios like dungeons, bosses and quests.
Take care of consumable spam (and likely rework non-equipment items in general).
Add more depth to character/equipment/aesthetic customization and specialization.
An expansion to dungeons and MVPs, both mechanically and content-wise.
Building on the open-ended progression, exploration and economic aspects of the game, especially the idea of keeping players relevant at all times, or multiple times.
Making a polished PvP and GvG system that's fun to play.
Improving the implementation of Merchants, improve crafting elements, remove trash items
Banning BRs from Day 0.

Shalom, fellow goyim! Look at what I got! I'm such a yiddisher kop.

Congratulations!
How much did you pay for it?

Is it true you can play as a loli and get raped by random npcs?

Traded for an Alice Doll[1]

Fuck aggro, bosses should head for the healers and squishies.
Fuck your theme parks
Consumable spam is great you poorfag
Specialization is fine

Probably on those Ero custom servers. but those shits never last long and are really rare.

I've been looking for one for years. Image was the closest thing I could find to what I assume was something out of that kind of server

NOICE, senpai. You have a mighty collection of hats.

I need to level up, still got a bit of a headache from the fever from last night, but I think I'm ready to go.

i'm patching right now making a new dude

please be my friend

Just post your character name and we'll get you into the guild if you'd like.

Played before? if not, got any questions?

Greato

I've played in the past before but to be honest I never knew what I was doing. I just liked aimlessly wandering around in the magical lands.

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay. Give your self a day or so to just enjoy the game and if you decide to stick around post in the thread if you'd like into the guild.

No pressure really. Just have a good time.

Watcha name, fam. I'll make a new character with you.

Holy shit why

I need you, fam.
-Punished Killias

You guys are partying? Mind if I join?

We're all gonna make it lads

**It's about fucking time, now I just need another :^)

What happened to eRO, iirc it was one of the biggest servers

Now where's the demon rape.

I've already been down here something like 5-6 hours of farming

When you farm, you are using a creamy card to find and nuke quick, right? :^)

patch just finished. im going to make a dude called JimBean unless someone counter memes me

Ok so how do I play this game, I'm almost done patching and I just made an account on HeRO. Any advice my niggas?

I installed it wrong. said something was missing and to re-install the application..
reeee

I downloaded the game from steam then installed the lite patch into the steam folder.

Do your novice training and read the interface instructions. It may seem boring but its helpfull info that will help make you a better player.

Seems will be playing at about the same time as you, so I suggest you team up and work together.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Do the starting quiz and training grounds, stay there until job 10, it's pretty quick

Roll a mage, archer, or thief. All of them aren't as gear dependant in early levels, and can level fairly quick. Archer is the fastest for the early game, mage is a bit slower early on but wizards are great in parties come mid-late game. Thief isn't too fast but it's super chill and you'll have enough flee to dodge everything 95% of the time.

Should have just downloaded from the servers download. Chances are that it didn't work because the steam version is pretty different from this one.

hero-server.net/downloads.html

You can use this if you want to be sure to get the right thing. might take a bit longer though.

So, is kill,
is going to join shortly

who you is tho,

My character's name is Not A Real Gladiator

Right now I'm in as Punished Killias. I got a level 40 merchant, Mr.Killias.

No worries, when the time comes some one will probably be down to play along side or help you out. there is always some one online on this guild at seemingly any point of time

watch out world here I cum

IT'S DONE

Why do so many servers prevent you from opening two clients? Makes playing such a chore.

I just want to have fun.

mediafire.com/download/dm6gao70mxnhh7a/20150615.rar

OH NO

Always run through the patcher, kids.

PSA FOR NEWFAGS
Dont sell trash items.
Don't use the battle manual.
You can reset skills and stats for free until lvl 40.
Don't buy stuff from player shops because a (((merchant))) can probably get the item cheaper somewhere else.
Don't buy from NPCs, have a merchant do it.

player shops???
those are different from merchant carts?

Vending creates a player shop.
The interface for the buyer is practically the same.

It's a self answering question methinks. They don't want multiclienting, for a lot of reasons, one of which would be botting, one would be PreCasting WoE, one would be it discourages partying, and building up your own classes (who needs a Soul Linker or Bard when everyone has a personal slave of them?). Pop is low enough as is, people have to work together, and multiclients discourage that.

Novice Voice: I'm in.

Only in the dead servers with no people as mentioned above.

Good, live servers don't care.

Please filter and stop responding.

WE'RE NOW A PROPER THREAD

Hear hear, all he does is bait and shitpost, nobody gives a shit about his opinion. "Muh .exes are evil user" Filter time.

They brought up a few topics worth discussing. but yeah I see the tactic too.

If they want to talk about another server that's fine. If anything it bumps the thread now and then.

Literally worse than reddit

I was talking about ID: 6cb2e2-kun, but please, make it more obvious that you're him or one of his friends on a VPN.

Then fucking go back there you dropout goon wannabee

Take your meds

Logan could you bring your priest to comodos if it's in range of us? Please and thank you.

I have to check to see if he's got the map open.

If not, I'll try to do the quest as fast as possible.

I have the feathers that I farmed for my bard, you can use those and I'll get more later

I had just enough feathers in storage.

I'm on my way with ~Air

Also, if you've noticed that the site in general has been a bit more cancerous than usual, remember that cuckchan just had another banwave courtesy of the CTR shills.

It's not optimized, but this is a pretty good build path towards instacast. level 84 and nearly instant level 10 SG

Guy who messaged me saying he was OP, I am now swordman and I want guild invite.

Make sure to learn the basics.

Are you still online? I tried to contact you but it was showing offline.

He just left suddenly.

sorry guys I had to split suddenly I'm halfway out the door right now

I played the only one eRO server which only had 15 people. It died the following year. Most of the monsters are customized.

I think I found it out on ratemyserver but their advertisement got axed.

Gonna head to sleep, but if this thread dies overnight, I'll make a new one when I wake up.

I'm the guy that got a Vitata card and a Greatest General card in TEN FUCKING SECONDS for each enemy when trying to farm more common drops from each for my second account.

Fuck you, RNGsus. I appreciate the drops, but can you PLEASE turn off the desire detector? I only get what I wanted YEARS ago, not what I want NOW.

Don't forget to talk to the Kafra about the warping and storage options. By the time you hit the practice field, you should be more than halfway through 7/7.

Pfft. Just use @at to keep your merchants parked ingame. I use them to move items between accounts by setting up 0z shops in Devil's Buttcrack, Arkansas.

Only leftist shitheads get prescribed headmeds, which is why they tend to go on so many shooting sprees.

ARISEN!

good night

Hey Logan, I was able to level up Auto Guard past 5. So now we know that the description is wrong, I guess.

Did DnC-kun make a character just to shitpost?

Ten out of ten gameplay.

kek

Time to make a new thread, I suppose, as this one's about ta' be free.

The sage Perceptor is done, but so much more needs to be done to make a dancer and an alchemist. Sleep, being foremost among these.

Oh god yes please. It's made the entire game one huge burst damage skill spam.
One of the things that makes wings so coveted is because it is one of the few chest gear that actually adds to the character sprites to boot, otherwise it is just headgear.
You realize there are quite a few brazilians in the guild to begin with?

BR != Brazilian player. BR = HUEHUEMONKEY GIBI MONIS.

I suppose, but it is so grating that I hide my ethnicity in international servers and do my best to blend in and I know a fair bit of other foreign players who do their best to be communicative… then all it takes is one fucking moron spouting in allcaps to give the entire country a bad name in online games.

It's been like this for ten years and the stigma is still there.

I feel you man. There's a stigma towards Filipinos too (I'm half and half American), because the cheapest form of entertainment here is basically to play a a internet cafe/lanshop, and that's what a lot of kids, especially from the streets do (at least it's better than drugs though).

So I generally don't talk about my ethnicity until I find a level of comfort amongst fellows. But like you said it takes a few howling monkeys to fuck everything up, and unfortunately, those howlers outnumber us. (Peenoise and BR are both horrible, as much as Chinese Gold Farmers, etc).

It is self-defeating. The way to get rid of the stigma is by blending in so well and be so communicative people don't even realize where you are from. Ten brazilians/filippinos can be super communicative and speak good/passable english but nobody will remember them. They will only remember I REPOT U and HUEHUEHUE.

Hell I am usually patient with people with poor english but who are trying to talk and communicate. They are putting an effort and sometimes video games are the boost that allows people to improve their english. I know playing english games is what gave me top scores in school for me and for many friends.

new thread soon. just waiting until page 13

Oh, also probably once the server is up after the maintenance too. Don't really want to start a new thread and have people show up who cant get in. bad first impression and what not.

Actually, how hard is to level forge smith? I liek making weapons.

much *much* easier to level as a battle smith and then reset your stats and skills once you hit max level.

Leveling as a forging smith is impossible alone, and you would be dead weight in any party you join.

You don't really want orleans gown if you're going for 140+ dex though

I've seen some builds that utilize it regardless. If you use the full set+Isilla you're probably never going to have to worry about cast times, and can't get interrupted. The next problem is aftercast delay, but Bragi is still the best solution for that.

oh boy
nobody's gonna be angry over this

Oh shit, nevermind that: No more Quest Exp battle manuals. No more free 35-75% trans 98/99 through quests. RIP

Doesn't really make a difference to me tbh. BG is mainly for gear and it should stay that way. We don't want a "get 89 and farm bgs forever" meta

Well, now that means we can no longer grind gear and exp at the same time. Fuck this my champ just hit 81 yesterday.

We should organize Comodo/Scarabas parties more often now. Also Mini Muspelheim.

J U S T

Mini muspelheim gives REALLY good exp and scalable with Battle Manuals, we really should set up proper parties for this next. We dont even need to kill orcus, just enter in and out of the portals and kill the trash mobs and Muspel trees and gain about 2 levels and 450k zenny per run.

Get to the Selkies so we can farm our gold for nobility. If everyone becomes nobles we can do infinite muspel runs :^)

I am 100% down with this; in fact I have a spare event bag still lying around for such.

In my first nobility reward I got an event bag. I'll start trying to stockpile them. for such an ocasion.

This is sad news. I mean, it was a really good way to get exp as well as get some nice gears. I have a feeling we'll start seeing less BGs because of this.

Oh that's what those are for? I got one in poring smash. We can have two runs.

We should plan it out to get the maximum number of people available to join. If we do it right we can run the whole thing.

I would have been fine with exp rewards being halved, but 1/10th is too big. I was unable to participate in most Scarabas parties so my catching up to Champion was basically spamming BGs. Now it is basically enforcing us to work together instead to level us up all together.

I have a stupid question, due to me being newbie:
How many CloseCombats we have? Would it be wise to kill Ifrit for it's rings to boost them? If yes, how long will it take?

I'm not sure what that is. RMS didn't show anything up when I looked it up. Is it a type of build?

i meant all meelee classes, i saw info about those rings and i got idea they were suited for tankers and meelee dps.

I think he just means auto-attack builds

Oh I See.

No Infrit Rings as far as I know. But if people want to go hunting such a thing I'm sure we could start looking into it.

We'd want a creator and a healthy supply of acid bombs for hunting those high end mvps.

Also, I'm going for cooking with my pure forger smith, so I'll be needing a chef hat (and lots of ingredients for level 1 foods, you need to make 400 of them to max out "cooking xp" and increase your success chance permanently)

So for the chef hat I'm gonna need
Dragon Scale x 450
Feather x 330
Piece of Cake x 120
White Dyestuffs x 1

And as many Grasshopper legs I can get for those lv1 STR foods. If you guys have any of those items, please don't throw em away.

I'm hunting Dragon Scales at this very moment just for that. Want to join me?

I have risen, and wouldn't mind helping. Should you be needing or wanting a level 90(?) agi knight or agissassin, give a shout.

Character name?

I'm on TrickyMcBadass at the moment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At the moment, SerVivor. AGI knight.

I'm farming the grasshopper legs at the moment (and also the creamy card). I'm gonna need about 5000 of them no it's not a typo

Sorry, half of that. Thought it needed 10 legs per food, it's 5.

That is 0.04% of the jews killed in the holocaust.

If hitler-senpai can do it, so can you.

Mining is fun. I only invested 45k and even did'nt sell elemental stones, oridecon and elunium or their ores.

Hitler sempai seemed to really need that Greedy Merchant card..

NEW THREAD