Civ6

Yeah i know it looks like a mobile game, but i have been watching gameplay videos and i can't find any feature/mechanic change that i disagree with other than how it looks
actually just the fact they are letting the press release these videos in first place surprised me

Features that seem missing are Golden Ages and the UN
Maybe it will be playable at release.

Gee I wonder if this will lead to the same problems as Civ's 5?

unless its a support unit, i hope we can also stack ranged+melee
melee+ranged+support in one tile would be sweet

I also like how barbarians now have to send scouts to find you and then send waves of fighters instead of being omniscient

is it still in unity?
that was one of the downsides of the last one

Are they still avoiding questions about multiplayer?

it's literally not
pay fucking attention

IV was Gamebryo, wasn't it? That's quite the fucking track-record.

user it'll work the exact same way, except now you'll produce twice as many units to do it, and the AI will still be completely useless at it.

WHY
unity was actually an improvement then

Rev up those torrents.

i didn't find anything about it, but i didn't look for it either, i heard they are focusing on multiplayer this time, but i play civ on single player only because i don't have time for super long games in one go

They literally stole EL mechanic and made it more casual.

gamebryo is a fine engine for games like Civ IV or the Pirates remake. In the hands of a good dev, it can be great, in the case of Catherine. But in the hands of a bad dev repeatedly using an outdated engine not fit at all for first person open world rpgs, it's godawful.

especially due to the massive amounts of DLC to be released. Chances are the UN and golden ages are going to be included in one of the multiple $30 ones

A few parts of the game seem like an improvement though, if the game size isn't fucking 45 GB (like with XCOM 2) it could be worth at least a pirate.

Policy slots change with government choice, tier 2 governments have 6 slots

The DLCs are my main complaint too

I hope they let you disable dynamic terrain. Every fucking terrain tile was procedurally generated on every map. I don't know why opening the game takes so fucking long since sounds and such can be deferred loading on the first turn.

Civ5: Largely shit.
BE: Completely shit.
XCOM 2: Completely shit.

Why would you think Civ6 will be any better?

there can be no golden ages without UN, goy

Because I'm a huge civ fan, and there are no other 4X as fun as it is being released

because I can already see lots of gameplay and information about it appears to be an actual improvement over BNW and taking influence from good games like EL

okay but will there be a gril leader whos as hot as the russian chick or the one on all the pillows, dildo i think her name was?

How do I git gud at Civ 3/4/Colonization/5/Alpha Centauri

Get as much science as possible
Then destroy all of the stone age peasants with your army of riflemen
Don't forget to build cities next to all the resources you can find for a massive advantage over everyone else

No, fam, it will be absolutely terrible. It will, in fact, be even more terrible than Civ 5 was, and only slightly more terrible than Civ 3 which was just an incomplete version of 4. 1 and 2 were alright for their time.

Of course, nothing can possibly ever touch the perfection that was Civilization 4, which only coincidentally was the Civ game I played most growing up.