Lads If Nioh is successful it will encourage From to make a Tenchu game...

Lads If Nioh is successful it will encourage From to make a Tenchu game. If you want a new Tenchu make sure Nioh is successful!

Other urls found in this thread:

please
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening#Special_edition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think From is even developing Nioh.

I don't have a PS4 and KT's PC ports are god awful, so no.

They aren't making it Koei Tecmo is. I think OP is saying that if Nioh does well, it will inspire From to make a Tenchu game. I don't know why OP is saying this. He must be a fucking retard.

Why do you not think my logic is correct? It's very simple, can you…refute it?

At this point, it'd just be a Souls game set in feudal Japan. That's all we get from From anymore.

A casual Tenchu game.

But they must be itching for something new, I hear the head honcho wants to be done with Souls-likes. At least for a while.

Because From isn't going to look at Nioh and say, yeah. We should dig up this series that hasn't had a game since 2009 that was made by us on the PSP with Acquire making the Wii version. Let's dive back to the year before when they made an arcade game on the 360, nah, not happening. Further? 2006 a game they published but didn't make.

What I'm saying is, they aren't going to look at that series to try to bring back.

And how do you now that it won't just encourage them to make another Nioh?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

could have been a good game if not for the shit-tier setting. planescape would be one of the few worse settings than this.

But i want new Ninja Gaiden game instead.

Also From has abandoned:
Armored Core
Another's Century Episode
Tenchu
King's Field

And a lot of other series just to make what actually sells on the market.

You aren't going to see non-souls games from from anymore.

I'll have sold my PS4 by the time it's out.

So what the fuck even is the purpose of this thread.

You are fucking loopey man. You know how many obscure IPs have been renewed in the last few years? It's not hard to conceive that From, that until Souls was as obscure a studio as Tenchu was an obscure IP.

All it takes is a little market push. If Nioh sells in the same volume as say… Demon's Souls, it will encourage From to see just how big they can expand that niche.

Let it be nioh thread then. Too bad their shitty demo timed out.

But the rumors say they ARE bringing back an old IP.

Eh, I've played all of it there is.
I'm looking forward to it. If they add a bit of polish to the combos - the chaining, especially - it's shaping out to be really swell.
Especially liked the setting and enemy design. Then again, I'm a sucker for Japanese mythology.

This is the worst way to try and sell me a game

Like, are you actually retarded OP?

I wouldn't really say from has abandoned Armored Core since the last one came out in 2013, nor King's Field since the entire souls franchise is essentially a much better done extension of it, and really, it's probably more on Namco Bandai for another Another Century to be made.

In addition, there is a good chance that 2 of the three games they are currently working on are not going to be Souls-like in structure since one is an old IP and the other is apparently something "unexpected".

I'll laugh if it's Lost Kingdoms

WRONG DEVELOPER.

The loss of Another Century Episode is a good thing actually, they all had abysmal gameplay.
I have to admit though that they were somewhat fun and had a nice collection of 80's mecha in them.

RIGHT DEVELOPER. I'm saying Nioh being successful will encourage From to bring back the Tenchu IP. Which they own

Nioh is pretty much "Souls games in Japan." It will just encourage from Software to keep making more Souls games.

Isnt Ni Oh another lame action RPG or Ninja Gaiden clone they made easier in the second demo?

Dunno if thats gonna help Tenchu in any way. Shits dead by From and some random dev doing their own thing wont convince anyone.

hopefully Nioh isn't as slow as a souls like, because It's really slow.

That's a shitty line of reasoning, OP. You cannot attribute the failure or success of any given game on how well its competitors have fared. By your line of reasoning, Battleborn should be a massive financial and critical success because Overwatch managed to achieve those things.

The second demo is this month, this is the results from the survey about the game from the first demo.

Those are some massive leaps in logic. You could just as easily posit we ought to make nuDoom more successful in order to see Hexen/Heretic sequels.

Has From even alluded to the idea of bringing Tenchu back?

I just want them to bring back ninja games at this point.

I see

Fuck your dreams, enjoy weebshit and action RPG "soulslikes"and nothing else besides EDF

It's not a shitty line of reasoning or a massive leap in logic, you two.

It's the way a market works. Uncharted was successful, Tomb Raider was brought back, Call of Duty was successful, Medal of Honor and Battlefield were brought back.

The only argument you have to refute is the scale of the success, Nioh won't won't be bringing in Cod or Uncharted numbers but it will be playing in From's territory.

You say "brought them back" like they had a long time of nothing happening. It was 3 years between MoH Heroes 2 and MoH 2010 and Battlefield had always been a pretty yearly released series in some regards.

But one game with completely different gameplay in a feudal setting being a success doesnt mean Tenchu will come back.

It's a shitty line of reasoning. There are more factors to consider that influence the development of a new title in a specific series, and the trends set by other developers is only one factor. You have to consider how much manpower it would require to make a game. You have to gauge whether or not your current staff can manage to push out a final product after you consider budget and time constraints, and from there you need to consider sales projections, which will allow you to persuade investors to fund your project, which may influence who will publish your game. All of this shit involves market research, outsourcing work to external studios, and shifting money around in order to ensure that they get a hefty percentage of return in exchange for their investment.

In short, even if game X is successful, there is no guarantee that game Y will be. CoD has been on the forefront of industry trends for a fucking decade and we've seen a hell of a lot of competitors, yet hardly any of them have acquired the same mainstream success that CoD has. Just because you imitate something successful, doesn't mean that you'll be successful too.

Tenchu is shit.
It should stay dead.

The Nioh Demo was better than DS3, i was buying this anyway.

The true demons souls starts here.

team ninja said they're keeping it as is due to the western reception.

You clearly don't understand Miyazaki if you think he will copy someone elses style. He insists on always making a unique story and world for his games. This is why he stopped working on Dark Souls after the first one.

He made Demon's Souls, then Dark Souls which was pretty different, then Bloodborne which was again pretty different. He didn't want to keep doing a trilogy of the same Dark Souls series, and left that for the other team.

So next, he is again going to come up with something entirely new. If there ever is a Bloodborne 2 it will be made by the B-team and it will suck just like DS2 and DS3.

he worked on dark souls 3's world building and story. in das2 he was acting as a supervisor. Less involvement, but still a part of the game.

Yeah, and if Sonic Mania would be successful Capcom considered to make Mahvel, CvS or Darkstalkers.

You know what would make sense? Buying Acquire ports such as WOTS and than if that publisher ported Shinobido series, buying these too to show to Acquire that there is a market for their niche games. Too bad you didn't give a fuck about WOTS and won't give a fuck about Shinobido while you going to support Koei Tecmo, horrible company with decent games at best.

Not only that, Tenchu is absolutely different from Nioh. Even claiming that success of next Assassins Creed game can bring us Tenchu makes more sense than your shitty logic.

Fuck you and your thread for reminding me of death of Tenchu and Shinobido series.

Is it even coming to the pc? It looked like it untill they changed the wording

I would love for From to make a Tenchu-themed Souls game. That would fucking rock.

The demo that showed most japs have been turned into casual trash by phone games.
At least jap devs have started porting more to the pc since the west still plays their games.

But didn't they only publish some of the games like Tenchu Z which was developed by a no name devteam? I'm pretty sure that Acquire is responsible for most of the series actually.

By what logic?
From has absolutely no hand in Nioh.
Why the fuck would they stop making their Dark souls cashcow shit to move on to make a stealth game with a quarter of the sales?

Go fuck off forever

I wish that the charts showed how much each country contributed to the statistics.

no pc no buy

Armored Core is actually dead the team all got fired and jumped ship to SE to work on a game for the PC

W-w-what about chromehounds?
NEVER EVER ;_;

Niho is an Asian Dark Souls with better combat animation
What relation could it posibly have with a stealth game like Tenchu besides the setting?

Niho is an Asian Dark Souls. Dark Souls was made by From. From owns Tenchu. Tenchu is an Asian game like Nioh.

it may be Asian made, but the setting is Western as fuck

The IP has been bought by a random independant dev (or at-least he has some official rights to use stuff from chromehounds) and he is currently making his own game.

I don't have a console so fuck off pleb and don't ever tell me what to do.

How about Nioh

Japs have never been hardcore. Historically games have gotten harder when they get released state side.

Fuck this shit.
If Tenchu was really such an unpopular series and it sold so badly despite people asking for another sequel , then simply don't produce another sequel ever ; otherwise how about you make the game people are actually asking for and stop this baiting tactic of dangling nostalgia in front of people's faces with something that neither they nor you have any idea how it will turn out in the first place just so you can make a few more sales on something completely unrelated to it you have staked so much on but everybody else just seems to be meh about

On what planet?
In this industry, success never inspires better games, it inspires games to be dumbed down, simplified, and to copycat ideas from competitors.

Nigga, I direct you to Berserk and how much he ripped from it. Unique my ass.

He didn't make Demon's Souls

please use archive.is/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

The more you know

Go away shill
We don't need an okay company making more bad games for a terrible userbase

Reminder that this marketing scam has never, ever panned out.

So basically American gamers are the best?

Reminder that this game will have superior waifus and husbandos to any game in recent memory.

Me too.

It wouldn't be good even if they made it.

fuck off and die. it doesn't matter what game you're shilling, you are still shilling.

Except the first Tenchu games are pretty much perfect. Who the fuck wants another? Would you also like another fucking Ghostbusters sequel? Do you think sequels should just keep being made willy nilly without regard to how the originals are great and don't need to be expanded upon in the slightest?

Do you think I'm going to buy a fucking console for some generic ninja game, fam? Really now?

/thread, op stop being a fucking cancer

Is it really shilling if it gives value of mind and doesn't cloud your judgment?

Hardly, ruskies are madmen at any online FPS. Warface beta taught me that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening#Special_edition

she looks kind of momiji from ninja gaiden
which is cute cuz momiji is CUTE CUTE CUTE

He still wasn't the main influence in those two games, and by the way "acting supervisor" means you don't do fucking anything.

He also wants to work on somthing new for the same reason he didn't have much to do with the Dark Souls sequels.

It feels From doesn't know what it wants to be. Does it was to be a sequel churner or an auteur studio?

kinda makes sense actually

a remake of Tenchu would be pretty cool, i cant even watch ps1 games anymore they look and play like rotting garbage

what

I'd wait to say that the game is saved until after this demo and the final release. A lot can change within that time period.

This demo? Is there a second one going on currently?

Not currently, just later this month.

this should be good, the first demo was fun

I hope this will be good. I've been desperate for a reason to buy a PS4 so I can play Bloodborne.

I'm not buying a PS4 for one goddamn game

Hopefully the multiplayer hiccups have been ironed out. Is PvP confirmed/denied or has nothing been said on it?

it has like 4 games potentiality worth playing lined up now with bloodborne, yakuza 0, persona 5, and nioh

ps4 beats xbone in a landslide victory of 4-0

No. That doesn't work. Just give up.

Hopefully denied.

And don't forget that Yakuza 0 is not an exclusive, i believe it has a PS3 version but that's Japan only. Gotta buy that PS4 goy!

Instead of PVP I think they're going with the bloody grave thing.

Persona 5 isn't exclusive to PS4

Good. PvP ruined Souls.

I like everything about the game minus the garbage westernized main character. The concept art looked much better. I don't want westernized tenchu. It will suck.

They'll do something completely different like 3D Dot Game Heroes.

But the MC is from the West, specifically England.

From didn't do 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Did they..?

I meant in comparison tot the concept art. They can have a western character that doesn't look like it's coming from a shitty western rpg.

I think there might be co-operative PVE though. Or maybe you can just summon an NPC based on an instance of someone's character. I never tried that option to see how it worked.

You do know the MC is based on a historical half Portuguese half Japanese samurai, right?

Silicon Studio did, From are just the japanese publishers. Idiots can't seem to grasp thebdifferebce between dev and publisher. Most Tenchu games weren't developed by From either, they just hold the rights to the IP but Acquire developed most of it for fucks sake.

There's definitely co-op PvE, it was in the Alpha demo.

I was wondering what that option did. I started the demo late and didn't have time to play around with all the options.

I played Nioh demo and really enjoyed it.

But a friend did not. I ejected that faggot out of my life.

Spoken like a true fucking retard.
PvP made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls many times better than they would have been without. It's only DS2 and DS3 that had really awful PvP.

He's based on a real historical person dumbass, the first English man who entered Japan started living there, became a samurai and even became the emperors main advisor.
The Nioh main character is this man William Adams en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

He is quite popular in Japanese history for being a total badass

You just made that up. William was 100% a white Englishman.

It was fun in DeS and DaS, but it attracted the wrong crowd and the games started being centered on PvP instead of PvP adding an additional layer. Hence "PvP ruined Souls", not "PvP in Souls was always bad."

You're right actually. I confused him for a different white samurai. Only one thing left to do.

I really wouldn't say DS2 and DS3 are PvP focused, if anything they have less focus put on PvP than Dark Souls, since they didn't bother to make the PvP in those games as good or as high skill cap as in DaS. For example they really made the PvP casual friendly by imposing tons of penalties on invaders in DS2 and DS3, strongly favoring the host in both games.

B-team ruined Souls.

Oh you mean that series they made over 20 games in. I think that horse has been thoroughly beaten already.

Can you play as a girl?