Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N7lqzdSzNl1o_W8JiYyQz_cXDXJEE_Ur4myI4Uf0F7E/htmlview?pli=1#gid=649773752
discord.gg/rHX4r
youtube.com/watch?v=W2ohbrH-n_g
youtube.com/watch?v=_mAMAWr1NpM
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-quest-editor.409420/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to pratice your imitation skills when hunting a Malfestio.

Save me from this guild-quest hell, I haven't touched high-rank quests in some time because my autism demands I finish six-star caravan quests which is fucking impossible without getting my Hunter Rank up to a certain amount.

I'll never make it to G-rank and behold the giant manbaby in Dundorma for longer than two seconds at this rate.

what manga is this before you post those images at least post sauce in one of them. Little shit

Oh user, my sweet summer child, I have come to deliver you from perdition.

+tic Nee-san

HR 62
Hypers and Hellblade
Hellblade
Hellblade set
Magma Hammer
Mizutsune , always love watching it move
Hellblade Glavernus

I think he meant Kirin armor, user.

Making your lady put on a horse suit is weird, user.

I don't even know WHAT the fuck I was looking at. All I can tell now is that they were trying to stop it from happening, and Dinosaurus Rex died trying to save me from an image song.

Joking aside though it was pretty shit, why the fuck do they end on that? The cutscenes about the actual villages and shit are always good to see. This was just shit. Hopefully I get a better one when I finish off the game entirely, but since they even stripped Monster Ecologies I highly doubt it.

I like Narga a lot more. Kirin armor is overrated, but not garbage at least.

I need to read the rest of this

Come on man.

Pretty much. Dinovalde did nothing wrong, and died trying to protect you from aidoru crap.

It's also one of the original "sexy" armors, with others like Narga only showing up in the sequels.

At least the Glavenus had a nice music.

I like narga and rathalos.

But can i just say, g rank rath armor is the stupidest shit ever?
Look at this, look at the LR and HR rath armor design, look how iconic it is.

THEN WHY THE FUCK DOES THE G RANK ARMOR TURNS INTO THIS SHIT.
I can handle the different helm, whatever, BUT THOSE STUPID FUCKING WINGS.
Why the fucking tiny ass stupid wings in the back, what in the everloving fuck.

I get it, they're trying to implement the design of old samurai armor with two flags in the back merging it with the design of the monster itself BUT IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK VISUALLY.
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE A COSPLAYER WITH SHIT GLUED ON YOUR BACK.

There's no words to describe how much i fucking hate G rank rath armor.

Most shit with wings looks like ass.

It could be worse.

anyone playing mh4u?

I am ready to break some parts.

Players still exist, lurk and wait for them to show up. I know there were at least a couple of MH4U rooms in the last thread.

Thinking about starting up a playthrough of vanilla 4 just to see what was and wasn't in it, then moving on to 4G afterward.

Cute

Is there a list of max stats and slots that talismans get
Like you can only get up to 6 evasion on it or 10atk

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N7lqzdSzNl1o_W8JiYyQz_cXDXJEE_Ur4myI4Uf0F7E/htmlview?pli=1#gid=649773752

I believe this is what you are looking for

Why in the fuck

Awesome
So all of them can have 3 slots and double stats on it as well I assume
Like if I was lucky I could get a 10 maestro 6evasion with 3 slots?

Yeah pretty much

To compensate for the fact that hellblade weapons have shitty sharpness

Sheer Blasterbation.

Since romhacking is a thing for the 4th gen games what kind of additions or changes would you make to Cross/Generations? I would add some monsters like Gravios and Diablos from 4U and buff the Prowlers and other weapons and if possible add G-Rank.

I would add Great Jaggi

So that I can hug him

I miss Nerscylla, she was made for Adept style duelling.

Selectable BGMs, especially for Two Name Monster fights. You end up just doing all of them around endgame and thus hear that theme at least 120 times in close succession, and especially if I'm going to have to fight Incinerating Blade Dinovalde 10 (or more) times, I want to hear his theme, not the generic one I've been hearing over and over already.

Also, that reminds me, did custom quests/hacking ever become a thing for 3G? And is there a way to spoof that online tool so you can go online with the 3DS version without a Wii U?

fund it.

I thought it takes fucking forever for MH to come to the US?

Rathian>Rathalos

They're getting quick on the draw, sales have been big lately.

I really noticed the frame rate difference when I went back for one of the group hunts. 4U held a pretty solid 60, it hurts my eyes to go back to Gen.

They finally broke through the gweilo barriers AT field.
Though i wonder if the mainstream will enjoy MHG as much as MH4U with no story and proper waifu.

i went back to 4U yesterday for my casual friend to help him fight his first Gypceros -which of course is entertaining to step back and watch as bow user- and the 4U ui is so small compared to MHG's, though i think i prefer G's art style a little more, the paper puppets of 4U felt like a deviation from that wierd rural ancient japan meets azetec/mongolion art that comes back to the forefront a little in MHG.

who okayed this shit

How far does the village quests go this time? I'm currently at 6* with just Kirin and a shitty 3 monster hunt to go and no urgent.

6 star is the highest for village quests

So it just ends with that fated four arena quest?

Thats kind of lame, but i have got like 65 hours out of it before touching online.

A bunch of Village quests unlock as you progress through the Gathering Place quests, especially from the villager requests. There's even a few that pit you against High Rank monsters.

Is there a bigger Jobber monster than Royal Ludroth. He is the biggest bitch, even G.Jaggi is more of a threat.

Armour isn't even that great. It's a shit version of G rank rath.

How do I stop taking the blagonga's icy monkey dick?
I failed twice already with a kut ku greatsword+giaprey armor and a moofa sns.
Currently going at it with kut ku gunner mail and a level 4 arbalest HBG.

Do gemmed skills get the doubled from torso up?

Anyone remember the deal with the hole in misty peaks area 4?

I havent tried it but think i remember it was opened with a bomb and its a secret mining spot or something.

adept style, understand he auto tracks.

There's your problem m8. Blagonga is the most "I'm going to move for no god damn reason" monster in the game. Unless you're using Aerial, there's like, no way you're going to have a good time against him. SnS is better, but in general, Gunners have a much easier time. HBG is king at fights that have agile targets. Well, normal/pellet shot HBGs. Pierce is usually difficult to use against a fast-moving target. You can hit the shot just like any other, but they may move before the shot completes it's hits.

It is time, brother. To convert to the HBG master race. Be comfy as fuck as you easily destroy everything in your path solo and bring massive deeps to the table in multiplayer, all while remaining out of the monster's kill-zone in most cases.

What are some good HBG skills and weapons you can recommend? I want to try out more Gunner weapons.

It is an aerial HBG. Honestly the worst part of the fight is the fucking blangos that hit stun me into his moves.

HERESY

The beauty of the HBG is that you really don't need any particular skills to do massive damage.

The shot-up skills are good for bonus damage, but not required if you just want to eat for sharpshooter.

Reload Speed +1 and Recoil Down +1 are really the only two that I would recommend aiming for. And only in certain cases. Any gun with below average reload or above average reload time is not unusable without those skills, but will slightly hinder you. Recoil more than reload. But even then, the guns are usually based around the shots you would be using.

The guns I use most often are the Skeletal HBG for pierce (with recoil down allows firing every pierce shot up to lvl 3 without any recoil issues,) and then either the La Foi (Shagaru Magala) or the Queen's Farflier (Rathian) for normal shots with reload speed +1.

But generally speaking, most HBGs will do just fine with their shot type. It's one of the weapons you can use based on look and be totally fine. Only downside to it is the movement speed. Use guns blazing if you want to solve that and reduce your reload/recoil for better shot types temporarily, or just use the Gunpowder Infusion for a large damage buff. The great thing about the Infusion II+ is that once you get it off the first time, at least with normal 2 shots and pierce shots (if you're accurate) you'll never NOT be using an empowered shot.

Siege mode is good, but you don't really need to worry about it much. Worry about ammo capacity and slots before you worry about siege mode.

Recommend Adept with the HBG as your lack of mobility leaves you open at times, but aerial can be good as well. I used it for a bit as a non-easy-mode way of getting out of stick situations. Typically, you can avoid long-range hits, but the only way to avoid direct hits is to vault then propel yourself away from the monster. The great thing about HBG aerial is you land facing the monster, makes it really easy to retaliate.

I just tested it, they do.

I take him easily enough with a charge blade, which is my go-to agile fuckers weapon. Always keep the shield boosted.

I've only fought him a few times, mostly using DB. Play cautiously; don't get greedy with your attacks; only go in for attacks if you know you've got an opening.

MHGen lobby for anyone who needs help with something. Trying to get a round robin room going.

11-5836-0573-7643
pass:7243

I'm going to commit heresy and use my LBG instead of my HBG.

Same could be said of all deviant armors though, seriously they just threw random shit together for the skillsets.

I swear if you use pellet shots and play online I will bully you for tripping the entire world

I'm a normal whore since it seems easy to get the skill to increase normal S damage.

they fucked with every set. why would they take away fire attack and thunder attack from shit like zinogre and rath? what is the point of a matching set?

Armor doesn't seem very good at all in Gen. Trying to make a mixed set with even 3 damn useful skills is a struggle, at least for the weapons I've been trying for recently.

Wait, what? Thought it only influenced Normal S 1

I am 70 hours in and still using the jaggi/moshgarl atk/focus set i made in the first 3* quest

With how easy the game is, I think I sat on the HR Rathalos set until I got bored enough to try to minmax a clown suit.

FUG.

This is gonna be Brach Hammers all over again, isn't it?

Huh?

Apparently you need to break the 'hand' of the trunk and the upper shield area for the trunkspine to drop according to monhanbu.

Some monsters have parts that can be damaged more than once. Duramboros' tail for instance.

This is true. I fucked up. My point was that the shot up skills aren't required. I didn't need to include the sharpshooter thing. It was a weird line of thinking.

Gen lobby, willing hunt anything
29-9145-2615-9958

also
shilling one more time
discord.gg/rHX4r

It's easy user, just use Ariel style and spam mount.

Only attack the very tip of the trunk that swings around and you'll get easy spines. Attacking the main trunk counts as face dmg, but you can tell it's broken by 2 cracks that appear.

Hyper Rathalos isa piece of shit goddamn how could they make them even worst?

if it's just you in the room you can join us here we got 1 slot left

Is this a good set for HR in 4u? I was thinking of geming in challenger +2 and sharpener.

Yukumo Sky Kasa
Yukumo Sky Dogi
Remobra Hands S
Gore Faulds
Storge Greaves

Gloves Off +3
FreeElemnt +2
Biology +2
Spirit +2
Stam Drain +1
Torso Up +1
Frenzy Res +1
Blight Res -1
Handicraft +10
Sharpener +5
Rec Level +5
Protection +5
Fire Res -6

FU and all MHs before it were shit

GET OUT

You do know that there were Monster Hunters prior to 3 that weren't Frontier, right?

Nah, my favorite weapons only started being fun in third gen

I'm a MHFUcker, and I have no group of friends to play with on a psp emulator, I'm on 6 star Village and 4 star Guild quests, does anybody want to join up?

It's more unrefined and simpler than it is shit

I have a save file at the start of high rank, I could play with you for a bit.
You got a discord or any way we could set this up without flooding the thread?

no but if it's just the two of us then ham and cheese hamachi works, I cannot host though, and only the host can choose missions
The hamachi address is nigglyshiggly, and the password is mhfuck

Just give me like 15 mins lad.

I'm surprised none Monster Hunter machine owning mustards never tried to group up for MHO after its english patch.

You can't even patch it anymore, the new encription system makes it so you can't touch the files at all.
Also, the game is shit from what I've heard

I heard it was cash shop heavy but i thought "air juggling tonfas" Frontier was the travesty of the brand?

MHO has other problems, even if there's lots of neat shit like fire spreading through the grass, the longsword is really OP, and monsters are full of AoEs like frontier.
I never tried it though, since you need a chinese phone number for it now

The only thing that's bad about FU is the lack of refinement to the mechanics. If it was the same game with all the updates to the weapons and mechanics you see in later entries it'd be pretty close a perfect game.

It really would.
But the lack of mechanics making lots of weapons uninteresting, shitty quests like the insect queen one(although MHs have shitty quests) and the bullshit that are elemental breaks make the game extremely annoying to play.

Actually usable by blademaster edition, r8 n h8
Diablos Helm
Brachydios Mail
Tigrex Vambraces S
Gore Faulds
Storge Greaves

I don't think I'm going to be able today actually man, sorry.
Maybe tomorrow?

it's alright and i can do that, just remember the network and we'll be gucci

Shitty Chinese MMOs are shitty, no matter what skin you toss on 'em.

Just sent you a message to confirm if it's really you

It doesn't look THAT bad, better than frontier at least.

"Better than Frontier" isn't saying shit - even non-Chinese MMOs are pretty shitty.

Goodness gracious why is Tyrannoswordus Rex so aggressively unfun to fight. I swear some of his attacks are designed specifically so that the only reliable way to avoid them is either bushido dodging or aerial cheese.

What are you talking about, half his attacks don't hit directly under him.

I cannot imagine soloing this guy as a none boomerang based prowler.
Well i can, but i cant imagine wanting to.

That Final Village quest was fun, the fated four have low hp but do high damage and are super aggressive. Basically adept or aerial is the key to this 4 monster solo hunt being a cake walk. Dodge and mount to bully them super hard.

But i heard theres also a way to unlock 'advanced' quests now, any truth to that?

He's one of the easiest brutes to read in the fucking series. The fuck are you smoking?

I don't know what's up with it, I just can't seem to get his rhythm down the way I can with most monsters. He's not even hitting me that often, it's getting my own hits in on him that's giving me trouble.

Try staying between his feet and head as much as possible.

gen
67-2764-4668-6667
HR 5 keys and onwards, my comrades

Man the Mizutsune Bow with the +10 blast charm is HARDCORE BULLYING tier for monsters weak to water, finally something to replace the fucking Hermitaur bow i got like 50 hours ago.

MH4U room
08-6845-6658-7666
Pass is 7654

Why are we here?

get out

That's a lot of dakka, hory shet.

This is a lot of Dakka.

Aerial burst spam
More dakka than you can imagine.

1. 4 gunlancers would make more dakka.

o/ * \-/

ok *cums*

That's new to Cross, wasn't in the previous games.

That's new.
It only took capcom

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

Y
E
A
R
S

to implement this feature.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion I went back to 4U to see what a dumbass I was but it didn't have it. I can't believe it took them 4 generations to add that shit in. Though I guess in MHF they didn't even let you know what was a gathering spot and continued to let you gather at empty ones.

I've never gotten into Monster Hunter, but I want to. Tell me similarities of boss fighting mechanics, and if there is a game I can get that is on PC. Sega and 16+ years old game style, I've played phantasy star online episode 1&2 also made by sega so I can't expect similar boss fighting. Where do I start?

On PC you can emulate MH Tri(Wii), MH P3rd(PSP) and MH FU(PSP).
Content amount:
FU > P3rd > Tri
Polish:
P3rd > Tri > FU
Mechanics:
P3rd > Tri > FU
Graphix:
P3rd = Tri > FU
Content Quality:
Tri >= P3rd > FU

Thanks. Interesting that the Wii game is worse than the others. Is that what you guys play on Friday or is it something else? Setting up a server for that must be a nightmare with emulator. Might just try one of those three and solo play it to get a feel of the series, thank you!

The wii game just has the least amount of content, and it has water combat which is extremely divisive.

im 99% positive they completely removed dual blades, didnt they?
maybe im smoking something

People generally only play the 3DS games for multiplayer these days

Thanks for the answers. Yep i'll just play the wii emulator one.

Hope you like mud.

No

Tri's LR Barroth is probably stronger than a G-Rank Barroth in 3U/Mp3rd

Why was P3rd so good?

-Great village
-Comfy music
-Great japanese theme
-Fun monsters
-Neat looking starting armor and weapons
-Great, niche community

I remember playing it with /mhg/ pratically every day and it's probably the most fun i had in a MH game, ever.

How hard is it to get PPSSPP online working now? I remember it used to be some bullshit where you had to set the framerate to 25% while starting a quest and crazy shit like that

P3rd was basically a remaster of Tri like 3U, but instead of adding way more content they just polished the fuck out of everything.

I think it's impossible to make Bulldrome fun. Or any drome for that matter.

I've solo'd everything so far, but a part of me really wants to take a pause until I get internet. Fuck sake.

Holy shit, LBG and SnS players are so based in MHGen

read the post

I've had 2 successful hunts out of maybe 10 attempted ones, pubbies and silverwing make me want to fucking die, at least I'll finally be done with one last more

TOP TIER BROS:
JE SUIS UN MONTE XD HONHONHON SHIT TIER SHITTERS:
WILD CARD TIER:
I NEVER PLAYED BEFORE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT A BAD TIME I'M IN FOR TIER:

Whats so hard about using a hammer ? Evade, evade and strike.Rinse and repeat.

They just don't do anything super well.
They do less stun than a SnS, are slow, and do less damage than other slow weapons.
I mean I still enjoy them, but for minmaxing purposes you can do better.

No clue how wildcard tier is what it is. Prowler you can just tell if a person is going to be shit depending on their equipped weapon

Anyone need a hand from a HR5 hunter?

I guess i'm attached to hammer because it was my preferred weapon since MH2, still its a shame SnS is so awesome now and you can't make black gravios SnS.

OH GOD.
OH JESUS CHRIST.

You should separate Adept LS from any other type of LS.
Adept LS is 100% vertical attacks, it can't bother other people online.

And don't give me "not enough damage" bullcrap, we both know that by that metric anything that isn't LBG and HBG would be automatically shit tier.
Stop hanging onto old stereotypes.

Son we need to have the talk.

I've never had a problem with lancebros. They barely even exist.

Thats what you get for posting a room here ya dingus

I've had problems with them just sitting there turtling, but I've never been tripped by them

Hammerbros get no respect I tell ya hwhat. When 4U was out anons were constantly crying about not being able to hit anything because it was all 3 fast 5 me :( when they needed to git gud. I mained hammer through that whole game and was crackin monster melons 24-7.

I'll tell you why being hammer is true suffering for the right reasons

Hammerbros were thankless last game and they're thankless now. But being a hammerbro is more than enough to compensate.

You forgot the part where SnS does your job massively better hammer user.
I really have no clue what the fuck was happening to the balance team in gen. It's fucking random as shit.
Nerf HH, Buff SnS, Nerf Hammer again (?), Nerf GL (????)

Hammer actually had buffed motion values in 4U but CB did its job better and could cut tails.

I'm gonna need proof that my weapon is shit this gen user

nothing personal

there is not one it does that other things do better.

i'm sorry.

Basically it's the same situation as in 4U.
It's just outclassed almost completely by another weapon.
except in this case the weapon is the SnS as opposed to the CB.

Could've fooled me, I felt like I was doing less than in 3U.

Poor fuckers spend most of the time on the ground unless the monster is a really big guy. I love lance but it is absolute suffering online.

Hammer is my favorite weapon and I have more hunts in MHX/G with hammer than everything else but it's been extremely mediocre in gen 4.

Why do the devs hate Hammer and Hunting
Horn

WHY
WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN

why do they gotta pander to the fedoracore users who name themselves after their favorite naruto characters and turn their head away from hammer chan

At least there's GS Unless you're gonna tell me that's shit too

Balance in monster hunter has always been shit.

Naw GS is still fine. Fastest clear times as is the norm.

Also yeah the hunting horn nerf is just comfusing. It's already the least played weapon and does the least damage, why would you take away combat utility from it.

Yeah, I guess it's just more noticable because of the hunting arts and style system. Because while IG/CB were really OP, I didn't feel active ire from the game devs if I chose not to play them like HH gets this gen

If you want balance and fairness try an mmorpg.

Hammerbro, don't get down. I'd rather have hammerbros on my hunts rather than SnS.
They're just more fun times tbh.
I chop the tail and hack at the monsters back and legs with my aerial SA, letting off explosion after explosion because holy shit energy charge is so broken whoever thought making the charge time so small was crazy & I get 30% affinity on top of that?! whilst hammerbro stuns the monster & crushes its face.
It's smooth sailing with a hammerbro, unlike with SnS where they just trip me constantly.
It probably helps that the consistent mounts from myself means the head is a pretty easy target for any hammerbro.

Every iteration of monster hunter is way more balanced than any MMO I've played.

What the fuck is up with this bullshit? The bow with elemental EXPLOSION can't use more EXPLOSIONS even if its made from EXPLOSION monster? This is some powerful niggardry, it's like saying the fucking Chameleos Bow can't use poison coating (Which it can by the way)

I always thought MH Gen is catered towards female players

Silly baka gaijin, the fujoshi have run Monhanbu for a decade!

More like
Avid online players who shoehorn themselves into a single weapon due to peer pressure and crippling fear of meeting disapproval, keep themselves going with the "i-it's more fun with friends" motto
Solo players enjoying a deeply varied game by keeping a collection of weapons handy, switching at will depending on the mood and the target monster, enjoying hunts the way they were designed, free to explore mechanics and have fun any way they please

Well i'm really feeling a strong chick vibe this time around. Not that i'm complaining i love Malfestio and Mizu.

Have yet to see another bow bro out there

We exist. I've been practicing with all gunnery type and I do like Bows for their status effects, I think I prefer them slightly over the BGs.

FUJOSHI HUNTER CONFIRMED.

Eh, i've seen a few in the wild. Whats pretty rare to me is hornbros.

Bow bros show up precisely when they need to.

We exist too, just not too many.

So from experiementing with some weapons, it seems like the bow is the fastest at building up meter with hunting skills.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to spam uncharged arrows just for the sake of healing your team?

As an SnS user, what is my job supposed to be during a hunt?

The only good HA for bow are Triple Shot II and Trinity Raven. In LR Press X to aim the triple volleys like a turret, in HR use TR to become a murder machine.

And Adept style is best. No other weapon comes close to the damage boost of a adept style charge shot with a focus up set.

and Heavy coating is objective garbage, just get a blast charm.

Hit the head and stun the monster to fuck and back. You're the hands down best stunner in the game if you use your oils right.

You are Ken.

Just trying to be creative user.

I like sticking with the triple shot, since it's great for punishing stuff you topple.

it's pretty ridiculous how good it is to jump and shoot off of ledges, makes it better then aerial style when toppling monsters.

Bow style is as follows

Adept style is probably the only way I could play Bow, It'd be torture to fight a pleithsoth without it.

Plesioth''

How?

The only thing that you should be worried about fighting plessy with any ranged weapon is his hydro pump and arguably the hipcheck.

and Blagonga. Which of course is the HR1 urgent.

My armor is pretty low and putting my weapon away is too risky since its so slow, so it gets close, I must get ready for its hipcheck.

If I panic and fuck up its a one hit kill.

jaggi hat and waist, moshgarl everything else, gm for attack.

I am currently waiting until I come across some new armor that has higher defense, like the yian garuga+ set.

or something stronger with a fast charging skill.

moshgarl gives you focus which gets to lvl3/4 charge in 1.1 seconds and the palico farm starts giving the mats at 3*

This is the best LR bow set BUT only till you can craft the Teostra Bow in HR and then you want a load up set that makes you do G rank damage in HR and its objectively the best dps in the game.

I suppose as a glass cannon this could be good. I might just make this set and try it out. Thanks for the info.

The defence is high for what it is, but its like -13 fire, which honestly doesnt mean shit if you are adept because what risks setting you on fire you cant dodge?

and it also means 6-7 power shot combos before exhausting instead of the normal 3-4, which fills your HA bar insanely fast. Like once every 90 seconds.

Round-robin MHGEN quests. Come kill some shit with me, fellow freedom-and-liberty-loving hunters. Filthy commies allowed as well.

ROOM: 45-9132-7949-3249
PASS: 1973

back to greatsword for those bad larrys

Only because there is better (broken) weapons it doesn't make it a bad weapon.

I never said it was bad. I said it was mediocre.

Talk shit again and i'll have to hammer that boipucci of yours.
I carry teams of hunters by myself, both damage-wise and utility-wise.

And a good SnS will shit all over you. Again, that doesn't make hammer bad, it's just mediocre in gen 4.

So just a quick question, has anyone else been experiencing a lot of connection problems while playing Gen? I havent had these issues with 4U but I keep getting dropouts and communication errors and shit.

Seriously, HR2 unlocks the deviants? I thought they were the G rank replacement?

They scale from low rank to HR +

I see. I thought they were just HR that get more hp and damage each time you hunt them.

So if stunning is the strategy for SnS, do I switch to adept? I like the guild style for the charge slash chain, but if I should switch…

Striker is usually the go to for SnS.

There's nothing wrong with specializing, MH is structured itself so that you can clear the entire content sticking to a single weapon type.

However that being said i do strongly recommend at minimum having a main weapon, and then a secondary weapon.
Ideally, each hunter should know very well three weapons, inside out.

It's not obligatory to know every single weapon, however it's very convenient to know well three weapons, and to try out every single weapon once in a while, this is because you have to be familiar with each weapon playstyle.

When playing online there's only two things the average hunter will require from you: don't cart, don't interrupt other people too badly.
In order not to cart, you must know your weapon very well, so you can keep mobile and out of harm's way.
In order not to disrupt other players, you must know both your weapon movements, AND their weapon playstyle, especially their positioning, and what your positioning is supposed to be, if you share the same positioning then you must understand how to adapt so that you can do the same job the other player is doing, without disrupting him from actually working and getting in each other way.

MH isn't a dick measuring contest, it's a game of cooperation, and the requirements for smooth cooperation are simple, don't fuck up, don't fuck other players up, that's all that's required of you.

Good thing i main both.
I just think SnS feels unsatisfying aside from blastblight, because i like seeing the monster recoil from the few hammer attacks i give him, and only the explosions from SnS can compare.
That, and Stylish Bombing.

I think you should always have a go to blunt, cutting and ranged weapon to cover all your bases.

Yo we got room for another hunter in here. Come kill or capture shit with us.

I actually learned to not distrupt other tail cutters while using GL.
Before, i would just aim for the tail of a fallen boss and spam poke>poke>shot until the bullets were out, often tripping other hunters behind the tail.
I learned it's way more effective to target other breakable parts while the boss is down because i can reach the tail anyway while the boss is up, and it's one of the few weapons that can cut shit like Devijho or Gravios tail withouth tripping first.

GOD DAMN WHY IS THERE BARELY ANY CUTE NONE LEWD MEOWSTRESS ART?!?

Am i having a brain fart or is there no Frog monster?

I know Tetsucabra is a toad, but a poison dart frog seems right up monhuns alley.

But of course so would a magma snail and that arts being around forever.

Fuck off retard, I'm tired of hearing this bullshit. Especially since it's my current main. Axe gs turned out to be shit, because aerial is garbage and doesnt deal enough damage and adept or guild would be equal to aerial because of the speed.

It's been getting worse with each gen since 2nd, since more and more monsters get their share of crack and start developing spastic back\sidehops. Right now it's between great and good.

kys

And if I'm also not mistaken

Doesn't tri have awful controls? Also

For what I see it became worse, since after getting honed in 2nd gen's flames I've started to notice that attacks that should connect - don't, so then why bother learning movesets and i-frames when you can just keep pressure on monster and basically bruteforce the fight. Sure with end of g rank monsters in ultimate games that wouldn't work since even one missed hit can lead to a disaster, but that doesn't mean that LR and HR aren't pretty much ruined now(not for casuls tho).

Do it for her

Because she's like 12 years old

Nope, no straight up frog.

God dammit japan. This is why there are all those little miss forge doujins while guild marm got barely any.
WHAT MAKES THE NATURE OF A MAN REJECT THOSE THIGHS I ASK YOU?

It's human nature to want to fuck with abandon just about anything.
Also her hands are freaky and disgusting.

not everyone can be like your idorus

It has nothing to do with my tastes(which I have none in idorus). It's about putting you're soul in what you do.

Funky palico pls go, and stay out of my chest!

Who tought making SnS stronger was a good idea?

The guys who think MH should be grimdark who go fucking nuclear over this stuff make me smile.

i was just making a dumb joke

post links of soulful singing

it made me laugh so i'm glad they put it in

Guildmarm is a monsterphile by her own admission. So probably that even though her thighs look very inviting.

Speak for yourself, I still play MG3G on 3DS because it's objectively the best game in the franchise. 4th gen is all kinds of fucked up, 2nd gen has aged too poorly.

Multi-player in MH games is nothing but a side feature for fucking around with friends, not some kind of requirement.

Cucked out of quality thighjob doujins by Brachydios. What a world.

3 is the only one i didnt touch because no 3ds at the time, was royal ludroth a jobber back then too?

It's definitely not human nature to want to fuck little girls. Not civilized/normal human nature at least.

Yeah but it shouldn't be this "anime". There should be a middle between goofy and serious, like the corn GL and phantom Uragaan but not something too forced.

Well it's already sort of grimdark, it's a post-apoc world.
I guess the main difference is that everyone got over it.

VAATI DONT YOU BE BRINGING UP THAT EQUAL DRAGON WEAPON AGAIN, WE HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE.

she knows good hair when she sees it

Monster hunter is the perfect middle ground between demon souls grimdark and metal gear solid peace walkers anime.

Got two spots now, come on in hunters.

feels bad man.

lolis are hardly like actual little girls.
I'd post some but it would be from megaman and off-topic so here's a yian lewd-ku instead.

Well yeah that's what I'm saying but Cross/Gen is pushing the anime part too much, especially with the Hunting arts and styles. Probably because a different team made the game with different ideas in mind.

Yeah but spin off with a different team is fine, Gen is the MGR of monster hunter games.

I wonder if Jetstream Sam hunter is back?

Grimdark has been lost completely in 4th gen and it started with 3rd.

Define little girl :^).
But other than that people were marrying 14 year old girls for hundreds of years as a norm and she is actually isn't a little girl but a 200 year old wyvernian young lady (^:.

youtube.com/watch?v=W2ohbrH-n_g

not what i was expecting for SOUL but obviously my feelings on the matter are much cheesier

I don't know if patrick is playing Gen but I played MHX with him for a short while.

Well, I've guessed that if we are going for comparison then I'd have to post something of equal style at least. In my opinion vocaloid songs have times more soul than that ending bullcrap.

that probably depends on who programmed the vocaloid song

REAL TALK: Best LR map

My vote goes for Misty Peaks. D. Island is good but i love autumn settings, its got caves, peaks, woodlands, a running river where the current can affect your movement speed, riverbeds full of reeds that obscure your vision and the level is full of wildlife like turtles and snails as well as monsters and fish like all the others.

and its the Zinogre/Mizutsune haunt to boot.

which do you prefer? and why is Volcano the worst?

You don't know if but you are summoning that one metalhead user to bitch about Babymetal again.

THE SNOWY MOUNTAINS ARE A PERFECT PLACE FOR A FINAL DUEL

dunno who you're on about so i'll stop

I swear the guy lurks threads because this drives him insane.

eh i can understand not liking babymetal, i don't care for them, i actually feel like they combine the weakest aspects of jpop/rock and heavy metal

Sure, but even then it's ironic that a machine singing gets more soul than an idol bait.

>fight him naked full chakra
youtube.com/watch?v=_mAMAWr1NpM

Also

nice, you're pretty cool

i dont' speak moon but i look up the translations to songs i like, usually the garbled lyrics are enough to get me kinda excited

I still don't know why the Volcano is still called "Volcano". Also they should've used the 1st gen Volcano instead of the 2nd one just because the Dunes feels more like a 4th gen represent than 1st because it was a total remake. But my favorite hunting spot is the Deserted Island.

How the fuck does armor design correlate to content quality?
It's perfectly feasible to solo all arena missions with the best rank, you just won't get perfect scores.

Controls are about the same as FU, but it's way more polished in other areas like animations, monster area transistions, gathering and etc
What's not polished about underwater fights?They may not be fun to you but they're certainly not unpolished.

Go fight Tigrex and tell me that FU's hitboxes are better than Tri's, faggot.
inb4 le git gud xDDDDDDD I beat it, it just wasn't fun because I had to memorize how big the hitbox was instead of just focusing on dodging the monster.

I guess it's safe to say GS is so far above top tier that it doesn't appear on your list.

GS needs a tier for itself

Two spots open for round-robin hunting. Any HR allowed! Come clear those quests.

Ok?

It's not about if it's feasible or not, it's about the philosophy of it.
Point of arena? Git gud.
How is that idea supported in 2nd gen? You have your own pace, you get tips on weapons and locations, and you can be the best.
How is that ruined in the next iterations of the series? You are competing against time(instead of getting trained, duh), against 2 people time no less and you don't get the essential help. And on top of that you just get simple arena quests instead of solo arena, special training, solo g arena and group arena.
Also, getting luck piercing was much more satisfying and it could be used by pretty much anyone. Now you just get worthless esp piercing and barrage one that's only usable on bows and gunlances in 4th gen and and on.

Isn't that one of the symptoms of shitty polish or quality? Though if you go by "even if it's polished turd it's still polished" sure, I'll agree that it's polished, then why not acknowledge the turd part in quality department?
The points that it makes a fight go 3 times slower and that it uses 2 dimensional movement in 3 dimensional fight are objective. Also, depth perception problems and lack of weapon reach don't make it any better.

It not weapon rank, its player skill/behaviour in online for MHG.
Thankfully there is less french people this time, they moved into shitting up FFXIV instead.

Oh yeah, tigrex. That fight is a joke now and lacks any impact it should have. If you are going to leave 2nd gen moves and animations, leave hitboxes, instead they've left it as it is and made it almost joke tier easy.
Git gud to the point where its a fun fight.

I love how you say this, then right after
I guess you should try it instead, then. Just git gud underwater until it becomes fun
If you're going to argue with memes, then you're only going to get that in response.

That only shows that your initial points are weak.

Well, switching mains isn't that bad of an idea, if that's your implication, however, if by that you mean just memes, then it supports my previous statement.

mh4u zinogre HR room, because its mh4u I made it a pub
32-7106-1367-9183

I've been wanting to have some fun with G Rank in 4U before moving on to Generations. I could probably solo the last few hunts, but don't want to; so if anyone enjoys late-High Rank hunts like S.Rath and Elder dragons, the Hall ID is 16-7247-4540-3392, passcode 0088

Ah, you misunderstand me, I meant that the other way around, as in people who play multiplayer generally only do so on the 3DS titles. I generally agree, MonHun is meant to be done singleplayer, having other people kills the challenge.

Look, if we're going to discuss something, I need arguments ok? You've provided me with none
Not an argument
Not an argument
You almost had one but no, NOT AN ARGUMENT

at least i don't really need any gear made from him

he's more fun to fight now though, or maybe this one is just small and doesn't cover my entire screen with his wings

How is ruining arena's experience not an argument?

How is something that have lead to the 4u's and then mhg's fuckfest not an argument towards content's quality?
How is making changes without focusing on a bigger picture being bad is not an argument?
Oh. That's why.

it must have taken me like fucking 15 brachs in a row to get the hammers i needed in 4u for whatever i was making

You are going in there to rape them, not make friends private!

why tho?

i'm going to kick their dicks off, but i'm not going to fight an ice and a water monster with my water sword

Dios blades are cheap as fug to make niggs.

i'm gonna go with the obsidian LS since i just need 1 dragonite ore to make it right now

This reminds me, the giant sword in Pokke that gives you that regening darkstone, are those weapons good? do they have a seregios style gimmick?

Got one spot left, still huntan!

Only special gimmick weapons are seregios and deviant ones, other ones are all self explanatory.

So whats the big deal in needing two elder dragon bones to mine the sword? Just a pity endgame weapon?

DRAGON ELEMENT
And also some nice fastcharge armor.

You're vastly over estimating how important element is. That water isn't going to heal them or something.

So can someone help explain the Kinsect deal as they would to a retarded child? I want to beat people up with a stick but I dont know what any of that bullshit means

Bug is essential to your stick and its required you learn its mechanics in detail too, so stock up on some guides, boi.

What's a retarded child doing holding a 3DS, he'll just break it. Here son why don't you give the Nintendo to me and go drool in the corner of something until.

>uses the fast claw swipe 8 fucking times consecutively

I would really enjoy fighting Hermitaur if it didn't have such a tendency to combo the shit out of you.

Also, I haven't really gone out of my way to find information on this, but does a monster's size affect its scaling relative to its base stats for a quest? Just hunted a gold crown Hermitaur and it seemed to take noticeably longer to kill than the two or three that I'd hunted immediately beforehand.

Using the instect is easy. Throw the bug at the monster to deal moderately low ranged damage and call it back to receive a buff depending on what part of the monster you hit(yellow=defence,red=attack,white=speed).
You can also spit at the monster with your stick to mark the monster, the insect will always go towards the marked part of the monster.

Raising the insect is more complicated though, I'm not bothered to eplain how exactly it works, but essentially you want to build the insects with max possible speed and the rest on damage, speed is important so you can snipe the monster parts for the specific buffs more easily, damage is self explainatory, stamina and elements are useless on the insects,

Multiplebs aren't into reading comprehension either I see.

yeah I'm pretty sure bigger monsters have slightly more HP. It could just be a placebo though

i know it won't heal them, but it seems like a safe bet to bring a neutral weapon to a situation with 4 different element monsters

or bring the counter element for the monster in that group you have the most trouble fighting

Basically every single aspect of a monster is given a +/- wiggle every hunt. It's one of the primary things that makes these games so replayable. Size, aggression, preferred moves, health, and drop rates…the list goes on.

mh4u room
56-1439-5524-7670

ill set up a new room with a password

Jesus. I had forgotten how 100% bullshit the hitbox on Plesioth's hip-check is.

The worst part about it is plesioth being so fucking huge.

mh4u round 3
42-3742-9009-7894
pass is 7654

If any of the guys still in this room could post the info (assuming you guys are still hunting) that would be great. My damn connection took a shit for no reason and I can't find the room using this number.

Doing the triple Rathian event quest because my friend wanted Rathian bits and I figured it would be a neat way to get them.

Kill two Rathian with a cart happening for each kill, watch the third tail flip my friend into oblivion causing the final cart by combination of two stuns and poison, during which I used two lifepowders. Yet it still wasn't enough.
Not sure how to feel about stun as a mechanic. It never really bothered me before, but seeing how my friend was helpless to stop the onslaught after taking the initial hit, is it an unfair mechanic? Should there be some sort of cooldown after a stun within which you can't be stunned again? Or is it necessary to ensure hunters git gud?

Seeing it and the cephadrome as hr 1 monsters in gen was a bit odd and put those off for the last just because of the bad memories.

I think we all disconnected together. We were doing a Volcanic Hollow quest and suddenly everybody except for me got disconnected at the same time. I'm also working on a snazzy custom quest that may or may not work

Well monsters can get stunned too via KO. Try picking up Hammer or SnS to give revenge.

Here's a tip for your friend
GIT GUD

Your friend can either git gud or put Stun skill on armor if he's getting hit THAT much. Also, bring flash bombs and mats. Makes it easier.

Are there custom quest editors out for this game already? I know 4G has had them for a while now.

Is there any low ranked anons wanting to do some quests? I'm barely hr3.

Yeah they kinda exist. There is an editor but it's not as easy to use as the 4U one made by dasding. gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-quest-editor.409420/

Ah, well, at least progress is being made then, hopefully dasding will make one for X then especially if we can look at the data for the main quests to see if that thing about them supposedly lowering the health for monsters in Gens was true

Anyone know if we gaijin are getting the Yugioh! dlc?

Probably not, crossover promotions that aren't Nintendo or Capcom themselves generally don't get foreignized from my understanding.

Capcom did made a JoJo game.

I think we are. We are getting almost all of the DLC from Cross.

Did they add anything yugioh beyond palico costumes?

They did, but they don't own the rights to the JoJo property. The Diamond is Unbreakable DLC for 3G never got a foreign release, did it?

Source? I can promise you're not getting the Macross DLC at the very least, because Harmony Gold.

Nope.

Ha if only

dasding said he will not make one

The weapon itself made it into the states, but it was called something else.

Yeah, I guess I'll tell him to go get some stun skill armour.
He's currently wearing Kirin, for the element atk up, as he uses DB, which now that I look at the Kirin armour, it has protection. I guess he does need to git gud.

Hmm, I like my malfestio SA for sleep bombing, it works surprisingly better than expected. I fell for the element phials are shit myth, but I get 2 to 4 sleeps per hunt so it works out pretty well.
I've been interested in trying SnS though since reading ITT that Striker SnS is supposedly amazing, so perhaps i'll give it a shot.

That's unfortunate

Huh, interesting. Did they have to redo the design any?

Yeah the design is wildly different, it's called "Majestic Scepter" instead too.

Fair enough, gameplay is the more important factor after all though in that case I still wouldn't play MonHun in English, especially the title where they added an unremovable bonus 50 defense Either way, it's clear that crossover promotions are at best unlikely to make it over untouched unless they're properties owned by Capcom or Nintendo.

Most of the DLC wasn't removed from the game and they got English names, but I remember someone listing out what was removed but I can't find it. The Macross DLC though is out of the picture and some egg yolk-related stuff.

Does "Element" Atk +2 stack with Element Atk Up?

Yes

Yes but pretty sure Element Atk Up is an extremely small boost. You might be able to get a better skill.

I plan on using the Divine Insodus for a dragon SnS set. It has 3 slots and 60 base dragon but only 100 attack. Does that sound good or bad, if it's shit should I use the Eternal Hate or Alatreon Star instead?

this is still going on by the way

You'd need to run some math on hitzones from monsters susceptible to dragon. That's quite a bit or raw you're losing out on.

Gen, high rank, round robin quests
14-0746-8697-4840

New thread