TV shows + gaming

Have you ever tried watching tv shows AND play video games at the same time?

Does your brain have enough power to analyze the story and proceed through the game at the same time?

I watch anime while I play games all the time, it's not that hard.

How do you do it, user?

I can only text while watching a movie or the news. Actually playing a game while doing the same is impossible

Depends on what game I'm playing. I'll play something I barely have to pay attention to, like Civilization, if I'm watching something.

yeah dude I can do all KINDS of video gamey shit at once because I'm good at things

"End-game" in any MMO contains daily/weekly routine where you run the same shit for set amount of in-game cash/rewards.
After a few loops, you can do this shit with your eyes closed, it's designed that way. So yeah watching or listening to something in the mean time is the essential part of the design.

i've been watching the olympics and wrestling when i am grinding or replaying parts of a game.

I play Hells Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares in background while playing vidya for past few weeks. Ramsey screaming at you is comfy.

it's like a standard thing I do. I don't even have 2 monitors.

It's only a thing if your game is boring. If it's engaging you wouldn't feel the need for more stimulation.

Why are you suggesting that it's weird, or hard?
If i'm playing a game that requires no contentration i'm usually

-watching shows
-playing the game
-listening to a podcast
-talking with my friends
-cooking

At the same time.
What kind of idiot doesn't multitask?
How slow is your mind?

Anime on one screen, game on the other.

Yeah I'm watching DS9 while playing grim dawn.

I multitask TV shows when playing multiplayer games with a lot of downtime (e.g. CSGO). I'd rather see what happens next on Tales from the Crypt than see Russians miss their shots and starting to yell. For context I only have one monitor, so I have to alt-tab and resize the player to about 90% of the screen, the remaining 10% being CSGO so I can tell when the next round started because of the sudden change in UI.

I don't watch stuff while grinding because I don't grind, whenever a game forces me to grind or do stuff that I could not find enjoyment in at all (like Just Cause 3's challenges that are needed to unlock essential game mechanics), I just cheat and hack.

Watching a show or non-kino tier film while grinding in RPGs is great

I regularly watch TV and play vidya while reading and working, all at the same time.
Multitasking is only difficult if you're some kind of higher brain function deficient plebeian.

I can play games and listen to conversations, but not TV.

I guess I should mention, I play action games.
Like Pinball. I can talk with someone while playing pinball.

Multitasking on that level's just asking for trouble and immense sloppiness, I keep TV on as white-noise and that's basically it.

If it's a show that is visuals intensive (you can't look away without missing important parts of the story) I usually don't watch it while playing a game. In general, I prefer to listen to music (of my own selection) while playing games.

(checked)
nice!

nigga when i was in school i'd play touhou on one side and do my homework on the other. i'm a great multitasker specially since i'm ambidextrous

i watched Defiance and ended up playing the game because its not really a shitty mmorpg but a sandbox TPS

both mediums dont relate too well, games are clearly the superior art form

My record is listening to music while playing a video game while watching Monk while tutoring a student on calculus for non math majors. Can't remember the video game or music, but it sure was Monk, it's a great detective show, and just a good show in general.

That's how i got through X-files.

sometimes I have youtube/twitch on in the background. It requires even less attention than shitty TV shows

I prefer listening to podcasts.

I usually have youtube in the background when I play any multiplayer game.

i'm functionally retarded and can do that, because TV shows are bottom of the fucking barrel.

Television is shit.
Just go look at Holla Forums, the poor bastards are so starved for something good to talk about that they just shitpost 24/7.

i really want to see whats written down on their music sheets , it looks like nothing though

I'll tell you what's written on their music sheets: [Woman]

Tell them to watch king of the nerds. Literally the first half of the first season was centered around how useless this one fat bitch was.

One thing I forgot to mention is in every 1v1 she was in the enemy team would cheer for her and her team would cheer for the person she was against. Every. Single. Time. It was basically a well known fact to everyone in the show that she was a useless retard.

Oh jesus, I forgot how hilarious this show was.

Never watched it. The premise was so fucking cringey, it was like Sony's The Tester, where they have people do shit 100% completely fucking unrelated to what it is they're meant to do/be and somehow these social outcast rejects are suppose to make fo rentertaining tv. Then you find out that more than half the people on the show are complete fucking morons, don't know shit and just got on the show for being the least ugliest entrants.

Wow, I'd really hate to see the gutter trash they must've rejected if shit like this made the pass.

I will usually have a 24 hour stream of the simpsons or king of the hill running while I'm playing a game.

why would you watch TV while playing a video game or play a video game while watching TV?

are the shows you watch so boring that you don't actually care about what happens in them and you don't devote your full attention to the show?

are the video games you play so boring that you don't devote your attention to the game or even try to get immersed and don't care if you die because you glanced over at the TV or heard something from the TV show?

I didn't know this shit existed, and now I wish I'd never known

JRPGs have a lot of grinding where you basiaclly go on auto pilot. lots of modern games have wait times. some people watch or listen to reruns like seinfeld or something, so it's basiaclly background noise like a favorite album.

Jesus Christ

only if the game requires little concentration.
something like terraria is good to zone out and watch movies/tv shows to

What the hell you did just made me watch, i don't even know now.

TV and Movies are shit, so the only way I watch them is when I'm playing a game, surfing the net, or reading a book. If the show is interesting enough that it can pull my attention away from whatever else it is I'm doing, then it's worth actually sitting down and watching. Otherwise, it's just background noise to keep the dogs company.

Doesn't work so well with foreign films and subbed anime though.

This is what Ive done pretty much my entire life.

Started off watching cartoons while playing gameboy, and am now watching all kinds of shit while playing on my PC.

I play mostly MMO's/Strategy Games and fuck around on the internet and watch TV all at the same time.
I am only just playing a game when my friends are online and want to play, which is maybe 5 hours a week.
I don't take games seriously anymore. I just don't care because real adult life is stressful enough.

Last game I sat down and finished was Red Dead Redemption. Games don't really hold my attention like they used to. Mostly because they are all the same and 99% of them are garbage that break my immersion constantly.