4 AM threads and GamerGate banned from 4chan

I've lost faith and I don't know where else to turn. Feels like we've become more of a poor imitation than a replacement for 4chan. This topic is probably going to get locked, deleted, or spammed as soon as I post it, but fuck it, I'm doing it anyway. At least Holla Forums is still okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/cGoZu
archive.is/wB1aL
archive.is/w1Mtp
8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=v
8ch.net/_a/aug16.txt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how did you get so many things wrong?

Even with the extreme amounts of overshilling during this election cycle, at least there's still that.

You're not wrong, but there are still good threads here sometimes. Just thank good you're not on Holla Forums. Never has the "Holla Forums was always shit" traditional wisdom been so inadequate to reflect the current situation.

Not since the mods went full retard over there

except he is

Please elaborate. I thought it was a good summary.

Holla Forums was FUN though, it was shitty fun, but fun. I miss having raids and doing things, the last time we organized was ths habbo anniversary and that was pretty dull.

Yeah it was. I miss the fun, too.

I think you're right the avatarfags have gotten out of hand. I'm gonna talk with Mark and come up with something. It's always hard in these situations, either way the side that doesn't get what they want will start spamming the board and making conspiracies about Mark for a while.

Like 8 months ago Mark banned and un-banned a bunch of them and afterwards they stopped crowding out user discussion. Now it's at the point where only a few people crowd out all other discussion. I don't wanna see this place go to shit either OP.

I used to frequent 4 AM threads on Holla Forums and you're absolutely right.

There are way too many avatarfags.

I think the most depressing boards to go to are Holla Forums and /baph/ just because of the time I spent there and how dead they both are.

Thanks for taking time to read my criticism. I honestly really don't want this place to go to shit. I've been here since the first exodus and it's frustrating to see these things happen. Hope you guys can work something out.

No, you're just getting overwhelmed by the tedium caused by browsing this place day in and day out.
What used to endear you now makes you feel nothing.

Funny of you to say that, though, considering this thread is among the worst on the board right now.

/baph/ is downright tragic to visit now. Fug it feels awful to see.

firstly hotwheels was never "our leader", all he did was make the website
secondly gamergate didn't turn into anything
thirdly OP uses the term "normalfag" like a special snowflake redditor

/baph/ was always shit, you fucking newfag

Yeah I hope so. Wish you guys could see what this place would be if we didn't mod it. There are multiple autists so dedicated that they've been spamming the board at a certain time daily for several years now.

ban the nigger and the todd poster all they do is shitpost all 4am thread and it fucking 400+ posts in less than an hr and a half
holy fuck
and yes some of the avatar fags are getting out of hand i primarily believe its the ones that shitpost and not the ones that actually discuss shit
avatarfagging should be done in moderation

4 am is pure fucking cancer. It's literally a blog circlejerk that has its own fucking cliques. Who wants to read about how some uninteresting NEET did nothing interesting day in and day out?

This, they also go out of their way to make it closed and discourage people from joining in unless they also join in with the LE EBIN ANIME OR SHITTY MS PAINT AVATAR XD garbage

wtf are doing?

one thread a day that lasts maybe 3 hrs
is it really that bad compared to the fucking template threads and the unpopular opinion bullshit threads
cmon theres much worse to hate
need to purge the worst before getting onto the just gay and aids

4 AM threads are template threads, you newfag. That's how they started.

ok kiddo
hows high school going for you?

Yes, it's ten times worse. At least template threads stay anonymous and mainly focus on video games. Plus, 4 am has the bar none shittiest posts on the board. I'm not joking when I say that the thread day in and day out can be summarized as, "I did nothing, just like yesterday. I wanted to talk to girl, but I didn't lmao."

Uninteresting posts + Facebook tier attention whoring = gotta go.

I used to go to 4 AM back in the day in halfhcan as well. I can't recall seeing much avatarfagging back then, given avatarfagging (and tripfagging as well) were generally frowned upon, going out of the way to make an identity being the antithesis of anonymity.

More than just rugga I assume?

I think I've seen it before where the occasionally spammer tests for weakness, whether their stuff gets deleted quickly, and if it doesn't they go all out. Makes me wonder if that's part of why the ban list doesn't show anything anymore, if people were using it to check for activity from volunteers and mods.

4 AM ideally provides a place for anons that are still up for whatever reason (IE: lost control of their lives) to vent frustrations, get ideas on how to improve things, or just generally shoot the shit. However, I do feel that the avatarfaggotry is pure faggotry, particularly given the nature of anonymous imageboard discussion, and is completely out of hand these days. I don't even know how or why people started doing so in the threads in the first place.

If people want to identify each other in there for whatever reason, why not have them do so by just mentioning what games they've been recently playing? Removes avatarfaggotry AND increases the likelihood for actual video game discussion in them, but that's just my thought. Hell, there's per-thread IDs on the board in the first place, there should be no need for shitsu to post one of his thousands of screencaps of his waifu for every post he makes if he wants people to identify who they're talking to.

True, but he was inspirational to a lot of us. Seeing the funding options get kicked out and then Infinity Next crash and burn, then having him get demoted without any word from him until his post mortem a couple months later is demoralizing. c0demonkey seems pretty cool and I greatly appreciate Holla Forums getting him to do his Q&A thread here in the confusion of the immediate aftermath. But HW is fucking broken and beaten, depressed, and not in great health. Maybe not for you, but it hurts for others here.
What do you mean by this? The way I see it stuff just died down, but in a mostly good way. Running out every single SJW developer and shitty blog is pretty unattainable, but decent progress was made.
That is the most correct thing he did, actually. I don't particularly care for being a stickler for using "normalfag" instead, but pointing out using "normalfag" as a special snowflake "I'm an oldfag" way of establishing cred seems even more backwards
It was a good bit of fun, retarder as it could be, and seeing it dead is a loss any way you slice it.

Is that you JLH?

ahahahahah

No
archive.is/cGoZu
archive.is/wB1aL
archive.is/w1Mtp

They could just use this
8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=v

And yes, the spammers do often test the waters then go wild if there's a slow response.

We're not talking about shitty template threads, though, we're talking about 4 am threads. Having other shitty threads is not a valid reason for why "blogposting: the thread" is fine.

I'm glad you noticed these. Holy shit those couldn't be less about
V I D E O G A M E S
I
E
O

G
A
M
E
S

I'm trying to catalog every single one I see because it is proof there is at least one person pushing this garbage

I still remember that one day where the spam went on for hours because Mark was at the dentist and all of the volunteers were offline or something.

Kind of pathetic really, that someone would spend that much effort testing whether or not there was a hotpocket on duty, day after day, just to find the perfect slow point to spam the board with an assload of threads on "what game should I play while my wife is out with tyrone?" and other shit.

Looks like your garden variety autist that tried to insert his fetish into every other subject.

No, the fag has been doing it since the date in these screencaps, at least. He also goes full retard and tries to claim anybody who calls his shit out is a goon who wants increased moderation or something.

Then fuck off back to Holla Forums and stay there.

An infiltration will never happen. The volunteers haven't effectively changed in roughly 6 months. A few have stopped modding frequently due to responsibilities. We really don't want to add any more because everyone is confirmed solid with no ulterior motives. We'd rather put in more work modding then risk adding a new person.

Well, here's one up right now mentioning "thicc" right in the OP if you want to keep tabs on it.

Might be wrong, but I think /a/ might have also had there own issues with someone pushing "thick anime" for a while.

We'll never have it back.

Because, unfortunately, the objective of our foe is to divide us in order to conquer us. This might not be what we can call home anymore, but it is what we are to continue to call our common ground.

Oh, look what's just appeared: 8ch.net/_a/aug16.txt

I'de rather just think that there's no group with a set goal out against us and just assume that it's just some faggots shitposting.

Since when are reaction images the same as avatarfagging?

Since he used the same image while talking about the same shit in 4 different threads. He's avatarfagging as some CDI bullshit.

so it's like every general on 8/v/?

I hope that whoever taught you how to write had a painful death.

remember that no longer how bad you feel, at least you're not a Ritsu avatarfag.

for the most part OP, you're a giant bitch nigga. but I'll answer some of the stuff.

that's not true at all retard, board quality has actually been the same as October of 2014, yes there's like 2-3 more threads that are shit, but they're always bumplocked like this one. Hell sometimes I delete a few of em even when they're already bumplocked because I know defeatist shills like you will try to attack this place. going HEY GUYS THIS PLACE IS SHIT, LETS JUST GO BACK TO 4CHAN THERE'S NOTHING FOR US HERE. when in reality this Holla Forums is probably the best place for large scale vidya discussion. Hell I've seen some faggot literally try to link a 4chan thread and say "COME HOME" or some shit. It's frustrating since this board other than the 4am thread and GG thread have stayed the same in terms of quality or has gotten better in some cases.

As apposed to what? fucking 4chan where rugga makes threads like "Ask a black weebabo anything." or "Why haven't you fucked your GF while playing video games OP? Are you too busy being cuckolded?" Let me tell you something OP, we've word filtered most of the foolz templates and actively delete or bumplock shit threads. Just because you don't like a thread doesn't mean it's shitposting or bait, also consider that sometimes that bait thread is bumplocked.

That's his choice and we should respect it. If he doesn't want anything do to with this site then that's his choice. He wrote his manifesto and he decided to just be a technical adviser. You can't force people to be here user, it's how you get another moot. Also stop that >our leader shit. I like the guy, but you guys are the most important part of 8ch. Not Lowcard, Fagets, JEWS, myself, Ron, Jim or HW, but all of you made this possible and we would not be here without your support. Hotwheels used to be admin, and then gave up. Now Ron runs the show and does a very good job despite what freech or CTR says.

You're fucking retarded if you actually think this is the case. You even refereed to him as a fucking leader, putting him in a cult of personality he didn't want to be in. If anything the reason he left was because of the crazy amount of attention that he got.

Ron's here pretty often and has been just as active as HW in early 2015, he's adding new shit and is even working on increasing the filesize, and potentially making an Overboard also HW hasn't owned the board since September of 2014, I know since I was there when he left to the airport, thinking he would be a millionaire. Unless you're talking about Jim, which in that case, I get to call you a fucking newfag, since he literally saved the site from dying from its own populairty.

We had a much more stable community, before Josh literally fucked things up. Without Ron/Codemonkey I doubt we would even be here right now, HW actually wanted to sell the site, but Jim refused and Codemonkey saved it. So show some respect you meme loving fuck.

You're god damn right it was, Josh used us and took advantage of HW, Jim, myself, and everyone who donated. He is a piece of shit who should've been fed to Jim's pigs.

OY VEY

THE GOYIM KNOW

SHUT IT DOWN

and we will continue to have 4am threads, but with that said I discussed it with and we decided to add excessive avatar persona's to rule 8. We're gonna roll it out fairly so people are aware of this change, we're not gonna be like the hotpockets on 4chan and just permaban everyone who uses an avatar. We're gonna do this slowly but surely.

over all you got me

9/10

fuck you.

You better stick to your word Mark or by god I will shill Skyrim remastered like you have never seen before. Buy Fallout 4 you dumb kike.

How much do they pay you, user?

I want in. I want to sell out to Todd-sama.

check the rules

we're being civil about it, but we're doing it.

but can we finally enjoy threads about cute girls in vidya wearing functional armor without out getting shitposted to hell by low energy hot heads?

Ritsu BTFO.

So which avatarfag are you in the thread?

Thanks for finally amending rule 8. I can consider this thread a success just because of that. Yeah, I am being a bitch about all this, but some shit needs to be said. I can obviously just filter and hide all the threads I don't like, but there are some shitty bait threads like "How is Ocarina of Time still the greatest game of all time?!?" or "ITT: Games that only retards enjoy" that get over 100 replies and don't even deserve to exist in the first place. We still have fantastic threads here of course, the Boston Salt Party and No Man's Sky threads are a pleasure to read. This place is still better than 4chan so I'm not being a defeatist shill, and I certainly don't want anyone to have to go back there. Hotwheels was never a leader (my bad), but I would say he was a big part of this site with all the OC made about him. It's a shame what happened, but I can accept it if I have to. Even if the community is small, the important thing is that the community is good. Honestly, just keep doing what you're doing, Mark. Good luck to you guys. Until I make another one of these threads in another two years :^)

By the way, 4 AM threads do deserve to still exist, it's just that they were never about avatarfagging, even on 4chan. Restore anonymity and that thread should get much better.

$.01 has been deposited in my bank account.

I'm just saying you had some legit points. You had time for the kill, and you pussied out. At least 4 am stands up to Mark.

What am I going to do, call him a kike? He's already immune to goyim magic. I still think that board quality has decreased since the beginning but that's mostly because of summer plus growth of the community. He has his points and I have mine. Only difference is that he runs the fucking board.

Wow, I should've checked your id. It's now doubly funny that you accuse me of avatarfagging since you are the fucking genesis poster. I knew you were an avatarfag Fucking lol.

He spams the thread because he hates 4am though.

So? What matters is that he is absolutely avatarfagging whether he hates the thread or not, and he doesn't just do it the 4 am threads. Then he accuses me of doing what he does because I made a whopping 2 posts in the relevant Zelda CD-I thread

He's a spammer. He only spams threads he hates. Also there's more than one Genesis spammer just so you know :^).