Fibre optics cables cut. Massive outages. Coincidence?

Fibre optics cables cut. Massive outages. Coincidence?

archive.is/hVTji ((((((((((CBC))))))))))))

Other urls found in this thread:

infogalactic.com/info/Packet_radio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GET OFF THE INTERNET FOR FEW HOURS IT'S GOOD YOU PARANOID FUCK
This shit happens all the time.

How do 2 cables get cut at the same time frame?

Well as part of the WW3 starting option (((they))) were going to have to EMP the north american continent somehow. Maybe (((they))) are going to cut all the fiber off the continent and then use a virus to shut down all the power plants at the same time? It sure beats placing EMP's all over the place as that is obvious.

They apparently shut down 1/3 of the US internet for about 4 hours because a wikileaks dead man switch went off. Their twitter even linked to the event and said "ok we get the point" or something along those lines.

Extremely odd for even one cable to be cut. These are thick as cables that have to be at least 2m underground. Below the frostline. Not much digging gets done at that level and nothing gets dug without a call to the utilities.

Two of these cables at the same time? On a Friday before the lunchbreak? Can't be a coincidence.

Oh great so it's already in place then. Well fuck my shit up. Archive or sauce of the wikileaks twitter post?

Id have to dig for it and I am heading out soon. There has been many news stories of back door kill switches on all the telecoms data centers in America.

Which is why I posted this here. I don't know if they put several fibre optic cables together which would at least take away from the major coincidence factor but if the lines are buried individually then this is a major cause for concern.

they are installing the surveillance grid.

Can you elaborate with actual facts and not a 6 word larp?

there was a guide on how to sabotage city wide communications, it is really easy.

Says the guy using TOR. You are afaird of ebil mods yourself

The frost line in Ontario is 3-4 feet. I would imagine million dollar fibre optics lines are also in cased in some form of PVC type piping and not just buring as a bare fucking wire.

They are testing what happens in case of an internet fallout.

Well they would have to go two days to get maximum effect. If people can't communicate via facebook they freak out. Four hours during a working time is not the ideal testing time for a freak out test.

Also if they had physically cut fiber lines there is no fixing them in four hours without re laying the entire strip of line. No way in hell they did that so quickly. No this is something else.

Canada is a sitting duck. Its very hard to attack America, even in the most liberal states there are enough military and joe bobs who shoot guns that it would logistically make it impossible.

I was thinking that too. Fugg what is going on.

I wonder what the likelyhood of both the UK and Trump ignoring Canada if islams violently took it over. I could see trump ignoring it(for now) because it would cause the muslims in america to flock their way there to pilliage in the open. The (((UK))) would just simply ignore it.
Although ignoring it is not a long term solution if trump becomes literally hitler.

It also could just be a installation of five ayys equipment to capture all outgoing network traffic. But four hours to set it up? I actually have no idea on that one.

I was thinking of that /g/man post too user.

Russians sending a message about the recent sanctions via cuckleaf cables? - given that a conventional conflict between US & RUS would occur in Cuckleafistan.

Why did you post that you faggot? Yes security and redundancy is fucked in most of north america. But it would take a massive force to do that. Also they would have to be half-competent to figure that out. Almost like….. Holla Forums. Anyways the only (((creatures))) that would attempt such things currently are kikes and sand niggers.

I work in this industry. This happens all the time. Aerial fibre lines are chewed by squirrels. For underground lines, A directional drill could have drilled right through the fiber. A backhoe could have hit it while digging. It could have been either carelessness on the operators end or it could have been that a locator incorrectly marked it or completely missed it. It was back up in 6 hours so it wasn't really that hard of a repair. I've worked on 2 day outages before.

You're retarded. All you would need to do is see where you could create a new splice location and pull new fiber to that point, additionally this could have been completely bypassed if the cut was close to a splice location and if Bell had stored extra fiber in manholes(Which they do, 30m is commonly stored in holes)

Source? In Ontario, we generally install at 1m Fiber doesn't have to be under the frostline, the only underground utility that does, is water, and sewer pipes. Even then, I've seen water services at 3 feet.

Millennial?

Obviously I have my bias but you see how badly China is kvetching over Trump messing with Taiwan?

Now imagine a Taiwan that shares the entire top half of China's border and you see what Canada is to the USA. There is propaganda on our radio on a hourly basis talking about how bad Trump is and of course 90% of it is made up bullshit. They are D&Cing us really badly and I fear a lot of the people here are falling for it. Where it leads I have no fucking idea but I am tired of reading on Holla Forums about this defeatist "we need to give up our land" bullshit. California is yours. Canada is going to be taken by China or Islam or both. The USA cannot afford a communist / islamic state directly above it.

There's no reason to attack America. It already doesn't have any real functional manufacturing base [and what little higher-end is left, is increasingly dependent on Asian consumers], is at South African-tier demographics among children, and already fights the wars of foreign countries [and their corporations] for them.

Most of the people who would theoretically "attack" America already functionally control it.

Damn. This kinda makes me more relieved I guess. I thought fiber was always put through 1/4" PVC?

This and also it probably was some shitskin who thought fibre optics can be sold, like they do with copper. There are places in Europe that put up signs saying "Don't bother, just fibre optics here" so they fucking gyppos don't dig them up looking for copper.

I just read that same post in the google memo thread and am glad some user posted it to this thread.
It was the first thing I thought of.

All the Nortel and Huehue switches are pwned by the PRC and the kill switch is real, so I think someone forgot to call before they dug.

Also, they only got Bell, (((Rogers))) was still up. (Hey Rogers whatcha doing?)

This was the main reason FTTH was rolled out even in the smallest villages in Acadie. People were ripping out the copper.

Remember children

TELECOMMUNICATIONS ARE THE FIRST THING TO GO IN TIMES OF WAR AND UPHEAVAL

Its basic strategy but its also alarming as once it happens then that's the point of no return

Learn ham radio and scanning to be informed of militia.

The people here are so pozzed that they wouldn't need to cut communications. You could just put some random counter narrative on the CBC and 90% of the population would believe it.

CQ motherfucker

VE2GTK (RWN)

CBC is the best MI6 psyop evar

Holy shit is that someone's personal doomsday rig?

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Not even. Aerial fiber is just line regular phone line, only protected by a rubber jacket and then lashed to the strand between telephone poles. Underground it's pushed through pipe, but the pipe varies in size because you often have multiple cables running through the same pipe, and different cables are different sizes. TV cable comes in standard sizes like 0.50", 0.75", and 0.85", for example, and is a single cable. Phone line has hundreds or thousands of pairs of copper lines (one pair = one phone line), and ranges in size from half an inch thick to a foot thick. Phone line is a heavy sumbitch and a pain in the ass to cut and splice because of how thick it is. Fiber optic is similar to phone line in that it consists of hundreds or thousands of pairs of 'lines', but it's much smaller and much lighter. Also much easier to fuck up; to kink cable, you have to bend it so sharply that it fucks up the copper line inside, and even then you still have a signal going through, just a crappy one; you can either replace that section of cable, or cut out the damaged section and splice the line with only minor signal loss. With fiber, a sharp bend is enough to snap every single fiber inside it and kill the signal entirely. At that point, your options are to either splice in a laser repeater on the line, which is expensive, time consuming, and may not be an option depending on where it's located, or rip out the whole damn fiber run and replace it, which is also expensive and time consuming, but much easier to do.

No, that's a typical ham shack. Some of these guys have setups that rival professional communications agencies, just for a hobby. With the proper setup, you can communicate around the world; satellite repeaters down? Bounce a radio signal off the moon. No, seriously.

Also, ham operators are actually the backup plan for a nationwide communications disruption. There are hundreds of different emergency radio groups, and they leapt into action during 9-11 and Hurricane Rita when normal comms were down (phone lines overwhelmed, emergency service radios useless due to central transceiver being underwater, etc.).

You retarded sack of shit stop talking out your ass. Firstly you can bend a fiber around a pencil without damaging it at all. If you bend it past a certain point you attenuate the signal which is commonly done intentionally when you don't want to over drive a receiver. It is far more resilient to bending than copper which fatigues and cracks after time.

Secondly you can splice fiber. You can do a mechanical splice when you have adequate signal strength or a fusion splice when the signal strength is weak. (fusion is about 1% reduction in signal strength, mechanical is about 5%), virtually all fiber cuts are spliced back together not re run. Normally when there is a cut you splice in extra fiber instead of trying to pull enough slack back. Frequently you will dig back along the cut long enough to get the end in a splice trailer so you can do the splice in a clean controlled inviroment, you splice on new cable then dig up the other end and splice it to your new cable adding in a few extra feet.

Copper can (sometimes) have thousands of pairs but fiber rarely has more than 288 strands. Part of the reason why is that fiber can be passively split, I have seen splitters that split a single strand into 128 strands.

A fusion splicer uses a microscope and extremely precise motors to line up the microscopic core of a fiber that actually conveys the signal. Multi core fiber can have more than one core, even these can be spliced with a modern fusion splicer.

I worked for an ISP for 6 years and have spliced fiber several times.

If you bend a fiber 350 degrees it will certainly snap, they are made out of glass you silly baka.

How about, there was no 'cut'? That it was planned downtime to install new surveillance gear? Gotta find those islamaphobes.

Not sure if you're still ITT, I got my ARRL license when I was younger, and haven't used it since I was around 13, I've been wanting to get back into it. Any good resources to get started back into it? I got some old 70's high end equipment as a gift from a family friend just sitting around that like to get up and running.

Hmm…

You fucking retard, when you cut a fiber they know instantly. I would get an automated text message one minute after a fiber was cut. Some of the newer equipment has an OTDR (Optical time-domain reflectometer) built in, otherwise you have someone in the co (central office) plug one in and in less than five minutes you know exactly where the fiber break was. We would frequently show up in less than a half hour with the splice truck and have service restored in less than two. We were non union so we could work circles around those lazy bastards

If we would have had some jackass intentionally fucking up the network we could have had someone in the office feeding the cops with his location one or two minutes after a break.

Now if you really wanted to fuck a network up you get one of those high pressure concrete pumps and fill the conduit back a couple miles then you cut it. They would have to re plow the cable, often requiring horizontal boring under roads and shit requiring permits that take months to acquire.

BTW most big hospitals and businesses have redundant suppliers. Most ISP's construct sonet rings so it takes multiple cuts to cause outages. We would even interconnect with competitors so if they had a cut we would feed them internet and if they had a cut they would feed us. It's also easy to setup a microwave link and get 1.4 gbps to a location in a pinch, we had a spare set of back hauls on the shelf ready to roll and could have had it setup in an hour or two if needed.

This happened last year, some dummy in Economy, Nova Scotia was digging with an excavator and cucked internet & tv services for a while in some areas of Nova Scotia. They were saying $250k/hr down.

At what radius, yes you can damage them by bending but its not as easy as you may think.

They just grapple it and pull it up to a boat where they splice it. Boats cut under sea cables by dragging anchors all the time. I suspect that the NSA or five eyes frequently orchestrate these accidents so they can tap into them further back.

Also, on this subject, anything through Bell media, east link, it all gets routed to Montreal, and then it goes elsewhere. Even if you are in the southern part of Nova Scotia, it gets routed all the way back to Montreal before it goes anywhere else, which is why this cut caused an outage all over Atlantic Canada.

==Daily Reminder=

41.077148, -73.832137
40.957503, -73.856606
40.940111, -73.857210
41.192992, -73.800377
41.264669, -73.947691
40.912869, -74.365252
40.820118, -74.331221
40.803334, -74.291503
40.792030, -74.258281
40.790189, -74.257194
41.021255, -74.726644
41.377443, -75.149399

You are so fucking stupid user, DDoSing DNS is not shutting down the internet.

I've really got to get into this someday.

This.

(VE2GTK is not my real call obv)

Get a TNC and look into packet

infogalactic.com/info/Packet_radio

radioreference.com for local repeaters

is there a union on strike?

Do you haves satphone user? If the fiber serving your cell tower (or any in the chain from the notification location) is cut…

Yeah, it used to be through Fredericton and then Bathurst until (((George Cope))) started playing chess with divisions of BCE.

t. knows why government employees weren't paid by the hillbilly pay center

ISP repair manager here, hope you cashed out on some "discarded" copper cables during the new fiber runs. Wish I did.

Also it's covered in lead, depending on the age I guess. In NYC we're still using cables over 100 years old in the Diamond district, VZ can't get permits, or simply don't want to, dig up the streets and install fiber. Right now everyone is investing in wireless solutions and want to have some kind of a 4G link-up between buildings instead.

I'm not from the cell industry but we did have some wireless p2p and p2mp customers, in most of our sites we had fiber running to them then fiber running to the next location(s), even if there was only one fiber we had a wireless back haul as an alternate (be it slower) link it would take two cuts to knock out a node and even then the rest of the network would just rout around it, look up STP (spanning tree protocol) later more intelligent routing with load balancing. We did have some cuts knock out a few customers but no cut ever took down the whole network. All our sites had a minimum of 48 hrs of battery for the critical infistructure, the big ones all had generators too and the small ones we could bring mobile generators to if needed. We even had two sites on mountains powered off solar, they had to take a helicopter to fly up on one once and scrape off the snow when the antifreeze system malfunctioned. All our network wide outages were caused by some guy fucking up a configuration and they were all fixed in minutes. We had an average user up time exceeding 99.9%.

I'm sure the cell industry has similar practices, they may even be able to leap frog tower to tower wirelessly when needed but I'm no expert on there stuff.

They had a business park that was all copper with (mostly) good duct, re ran as fiber, they swapped in temporary wireless connections during the upgrade. It was a pain in the ass. The company scrapped the copper themselves we were not allowed to take any.

I really hate the term 4g, it's so inprecise, here's some wireless stuff I've messed with.
dragon wave
cambium
ubiquity
remic
saf
harris

The only time they do that shit is when it's a multi-mile run and they can't afford to replace it or it would take too long to replace.

Quit talking out your ass and quit pretending that fiber runs supplying signal to an entire city are the same as fiber runs inside a building.

Unless you're doing digital or other high-end shit, your 70's gear is still good. Put it together, put up a tower and with a decent antenna, and start talking to people. They'll walk you through all the changes since you were last licensed.

Worked on a MASSIVE main phone trunk downtown. It had so much signal loss from age and disrepair that they had us splice in a temporary connection while we pulled the old cable out of the ground and pushed a new one.

Shit was so rotten from corrosion that it kept breaking off in 5 foot segments for the entire 300 feet we were pulling it out of the ground. I'm amazed it had ANY signal.

You retarded fagot. We were not union, and 95% of our shit was under ground. Those fagots who own utility poles want you to pay to fix everyone else's shit if you add one little thing to them. And you got to pay out the ass each month for each pole you use.

I said that if we suspected a saboteur we could point the cops to them not that we did suspect a saboteur. You lie like a fucking kike putting words in my mouth. But you can bet your ass that if we had a systematic pattern of sabotage the cops would be on your ass in a heartbeat.

We spliced all the time and almost never re ran sections. You gotta dig up and splice the conduit regardless. And if you do direct burial then you have no real choice, its splice or re-trench and re-trenching is not something you want to do.

You fucking union prick go back to lefty pol. I'm 100% non union and so has every ISP I have ever worked for.

Cable will die, more and more people are cutting the cord and going internet only. You can get streaming tv over the net now and cut out your fucking Disney tax. Coaxial is shit copper is shit, fiber and wireless will be all anyone's installing soon.

Kinking a fiber cable in a ped or utility cabinet is going to be a hell of a lot harder than just cutting it or opening the splice case and ripping them out.

Your just asshurt that you got called out for talking out your ass. Looks like there are two other guys in this thread who are in the industry.

If the saboteur is here, do it in fucking Ontario and Montreal next time. Let The Right Honourable Moist Vagina do without his twitter and CP for a couple of days.

turd would probably try and fight dirty only to get his jaw broken anyways.

Yep, tough guy right there, i mean look at pic related, isn't this badass intimidating?
:^)

Good thing I use videotron.

When I read you guys fighting I am picturing twin Jim Carey cable guy characters slap fighting each other.

AT&T has put out quarter-million-dollar bounties on fucks who cut fiber for "teh lulz".

Sauce? I would have imagined someone jewing the jew by now and reporting their friend for money and sharing when they get out of prison.

A civil war (between whites directly) is inevitable at this point.

Sounds like the government etc is covering up a guerilla campaign, with all these fires and infrastructural damage etc.

Every time a communications satellite is not working it is a good thing.

Everytime a fiber line shits the bed it is a good thing.

NO REALLY IT IS A GOOD THING, THE MORE NORMIES REALIZE THEY ARE BEING SCREWED THE MORE THEY STOP LETTING THEIR SMART TOILET WIPE THEIR ASS FOR THEM LIKE BABIES AND ACTUALLY REMEMBER WHAT IT IS TO BE A HUMAN.

IF THEY CAN DO THAT AND IF NEETS CAN DO THAT AND IF WE CAN BACK AWAY FROM THIS DIGITAL HEROIN, THEN WE CAN GET THE ANALOUGE SUBUTEX AND BE FREE BEFORE THE DIGITAL HEROIN GETS SPIKED WITH DIGITAL FENTANYL AND WE ALL START DROPPING LIKE FLIES.

A MILLION DOLLARS,A BILLION DOLLARS WHO CARES, WHAT PRICE FREEDOM?

nah,its pretty obvious mate.

get a generator,get a vcr,get a crt tv, if you can get an old c-band satellite dish. drill a well. grow potatoes, even if you have no meat you can still eat potatoes.

move somewhere cheap with land, fuck chasing money,chase the worth of what money can buy, if you can live on $100 a month on a revamped part of detroit fucking do it.

forget technology,go to clubs,go to bars,live life in the now,make real friends.

How do the elite do it, they get by on just enough,just enough tax,just enough infrastructure.

don't be a retard and buy a new iphone, don't eat avocado toast.

don't buy anything branded and most certainly don't buy anything new. imported stuff for immigrants is often cheaper and better quality than local slop this goes for halal meat and stuff.

read books, don't watch tv that does not challenge you. learn yourself.

Niggers aren't smart enough to use these tactics and kikes don't get their hands dirty. In the case that a revolution were to actually occur sending the cities into total chaos by taking out infrastructure would be natural guerilla tactics for whites primarily based in rural communities. This is all hypothetical of course.

I said that to point out it is impossible without the white man's collusion. Technically chinks could pull such a thing off collectively due to brains and manpower. But why would they? Why would chinks care or how could ZOG co-opt them into doing so?

Probably both cables were in the same trench/conduit run and someone found it with the "big yellow cable locator" i.e. backhoe. It is not unheard of for redundant cables to be cut in multiple places at the same time either. It happens a lot. Modern internet based telecoms don't have nearly as much physical redundancy as the old Bell system did. They rely on the self-healing nature of packet switched networks to bail them out.

t. telco engineer

This