Vita Thread

"Sacrifice Your Soul" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1363027426
pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx
henkaku.xyz/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/
web.archive.org/web/20141130234531/http://research.scee.net/files/presentations/gceurope2011/VitaIactaEst.pdf
jp.playstation.com/psvita/peripheral/pchz641j.html
pchintl.com/,
hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825
emc.com/emc-plus/rsa-labs/standards-initiatives/bsafe-crypto-c-bsafe-crypto-j.htm
develop.scee.net/careers/
pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/services.contact.bbsccms-services-contact-sonyinternationaloffices.shtml
4gamer.net/games/134/G013499/20120822062/
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24112
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/v/src/1470973771352-1.jpg
sli.mg/a/Va1vtO
gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita
ultraimg.com/album/2ch
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html
vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Hardware
web.archive.org/web/20150920032208/http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=36827&p=327611#p327611
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone please dump re;birth 2 and 3.

While technically piracy is now possible, the pirates have to upload a file unique to their Vita in order for people to be able to play the encrypted dumps. Nobody is going to do that, since it's a surefire way to get tracked.

Guys please respond, how do I beat Neptune. I've tried with 3 different demon combinations and no dice. I can't seem to deal enough damage before she can call more minions and heal herself.

I don't mean for piracy purposes, but for modding the re;translation of both into it. At this point I'll probably just end up caving and trying to find both for as cheap as I can.

I still kind of wonder what Knightblazer is doing there, but then again, I still need to give Soul Sacrifice a go. I know they've got a few Wild Arms related items in there for whatever reason.

Summon Mars and rage her. If your healer can shield that is what she should be doing every turn that she isn't removing status effects or item healing. Fighter and Gazer will use best attacks every chance you get. Who is your fifth?

Got Gazer/Fighter/Paladin/Wizard/Healer
How do I use up all my demon gauge in time to rage her?

Why did you bring a Wizard to the one place she can do literally nothing?

As for Rage I meant the Gazer Skill Demon Rage. It automatically rages a Demon and sets them only to attack the enemy. Huge burst of power and with Mars massive damage against Neptune. It should be the third Gazer Special Skill you get.

She's got that wizard bolt which is normally useful enough. I don't have the patience to train up another character specifically for this area.
That skill you're talking about might come at level 15, I'm 14. The last gazer skill I got was the one that charges up the gauge with a chance of failure.
Maybe I should just grind for a little more?

Wouldn't hurt to grab some gear and hunt for skulls. You want that sweet sweet mortician ass, don't you?

edgelords get out

Found 5 so far, had a preview of that sleepy chick ass. Though despite being jewtits, Fran is best girl.
Man, all those depressing messages at the start of the forest area after Lorna dies. You could feel the pain in some of them.

All I saw were a bunch of

You mean in general, or there? Sometimes they're actually helpful.
It was just a bit of a shock going from "HUFF HUFF LANCELORNA BUTT IN AND OUT" to "I'm sorry despair absolute death"
How many skulls are there in total?

And just like that, we're back to normal. This must be why Dark Souls removed "Amazing chest".

Here this should help you a little
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1363027426

Oh wow, this is pretty in-depth.
I'll give this a read through, I'll probably come back if I manage to beat Neptune at some stage.

All you should need is the treasure guide and the artifact list.

I thought you wanted to put the info for buying a Vita in a pastebin in the OP. Or was that one user going to make a more succinct version?

ahh I forgot to do that. My bad, I was in a rush making the thread.

Here's a pastebin for it. I'll throw it into the OP in the next thread: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Hey, anons, I just bought Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus for $130 from an Amazon marketplace selelr (yeah I wanted the special edition). However, instead of the larger cardboard box being in the plastic wrapping like I've seen on ebay, it's sealed with two stickers. Was anyone's else's like this? Do you think this is some guy who got it used and than resealed it to sell it at new price? There also appears to have been a price tag ripped off the cover. Not super happy about that since the description was new.

On the one hand, while it makes things a tad tedious, I like that it really does add to the feeling of playing a pissed off dirt poor farmer. On the other hand, it feels like the game's taunting me, giving me access to the ability to cook riceballs early on, but I have yet to find a single bag of rice in this segment to make them with (and even if the vendors were to sell them like they have for the other characters, I'd probably be stuck grinding a good bit just to buy a handful of them at the current rate enemies give money).

That sumo boss is kicking my ass (admittedly I could be doing something wrong; still trying to get a feel for Gonbe) and all I have for restoratives are a handful of healing tablets.

Post some pics for us?

Send that shit back and get a refund/replacement. Amazon are usually very good about siding with the buyer.

why the fuck did you buy SV when EV exists

BUST some ninja moves

Heh.

Where does the dev's hometown reside again?

Yeah. That's why I bought it from Amazon, but then they don't show pictures of the thing like they do at ebay.

Because I want both.

Did you spend that much because it was supposedly new/sealed and you wanted it for your collection? Or just cause you wanted it to open and play?

I got the same thing at EB here in canadia for $24.

You can always ask the seller for an image before buying, you know. Or did you buy directly from Amazon rather than a third party vendor?

Are DLC, download codes and online passes of European retail versions redeemable in all EU region countries? Like can I register UK codes with German and French PSN accounts and vice versa?

It worked for me for several DLC code from Spain, Belgium and Switzerland on a UK PSN for both the PS3 and the VITA yes. But there might be some trouble with a German PSN/Code due to Germany being a pseudo dictatorship at this point.

Guys something went wrong while modifying the database for custom bubbles. Everything works fine but i can't connect to the internet. How can i fix this?

I want to use henkaku but i'm afraid i can't do it like this

In this case it would probably only apply for games that get a nice coat of extra special censoring in Germany. But they don't even bother with that on the Vita in general and just skip the release entirely.

What do I do with henkaku now that i have it installed?
how do i install the homebrew stuff?

WAit really?

You upload homebrew over FTP. There's a FAQ on the fucking site. Educate yourself, shitlord.

All Vita dumps right now are encrypted. When you buy and download a game off PSN, the Vita generates a unique encryption key so you can unlock and play the game. Any rippers would have to share this unique key so others can play the game. It's a very easy way to get tracked and banned.

Install Quake and vHBL (for n64)

I want to fuck Kat's cute brown butt!

yeah you got gypped there. There's nothing brand new about that shit.

I haven't really played around with all that stuff yet. But you can't really do anything on the Vita, internet-wise, without updating to the newest firmware, besides use the Browser. I think you can still sync trophies too.

Vita has Quake and N64 now? Since when? how well do they run?

same
is that a crop? If it is, mind posting the full thing?

Labyrinth of Refrain fucking when?

It's the equivalent of account sharing. If you get a friend's Vita and login to your account (after formatting it) to play your games nothing's gonna happen.
But on the other hand, if you share this shit with everybody, it'd be equivalent to logging to hundreds of Vitas at the same time. And if you do that, it's an instant ban.

Don't even think about it. And it's not really 'piracy'. You're not breaking any protection - just abusing the fact that you can log in to many Vitas a lot quicker instead of formatting each and every one.

As i said the internet itself doesn't work, even if i wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware i wouldn't be able to, since i need to have a connection and the system won't connect to it.

Do a database rebuild, duh.
Hold power for about 30 secs. Release, turn on Vita. Should get recovery menu there.
Rebuild your DB, and once that's done you can dump your now fresh app.db to try again.

Also, can you access network settings? Try an alternate network.
If all else fails, factory reset the Vita via the recovery menu.

DO NOT UPDATE
to the latest firmware. HENkaku was patched on 3.61. It's 3.60 or bust.

About to get $17 in my PSN wallet and I need an RPG/TRPG on my Vita.

Any reccs? Don't mind PS1/PSP titles since I'm positive that's all I can afford.

Wish I lived closer to Dallas or something. Being required to drive almost two hours to have something other than Gamestop for physical vita shit is a massive pain in the ass.

On a related note when did they decide it was a good idea to only carry three unique titles and sell portable phones instead of actually having some sort of slightly older catalog like they did in the past? Early 2005 or so they still had gameboy/nes, even if it didn't have it's own section you could still look through and find interesting shit. Now they barely even have a section for the ps3/xbox360, 2 years after they are considered "legacy", even though the consoles are still getting releases.

I suggest waiting for a sale and getting something there.

Triillion: God of Destruction.

Hoping Vita piracy becomes a thing soon. Planning on staying up all night on the 19th so I can nab the physical for Rainbow Moon.

Just bought a Vita yesterday. Thinking of picking up SRW Z3.1, Persona 4 Golden, Senran Kagura, and the Disgaea remakes. Might pick up Ys: Memories of Celceta but I've never played any Ys games before and dunno if that's a good entry point.

Are the Vita ports of Hotline Miami 1 and 2 any good? I'm thinking of importing the physical release Japan got.

You try GameTrade? Might be worth a shot.

I live on the opposite side of Dallas but if I ever make my way out there I'll check it out.

I can't really find who is the cat lady. The other are easy.

i know i have to not update, i was saying even if theoretically i wanted, i couldn't.
I'm on 3.50 now, so if i rebuild my database i will still be on 3.50 right? Are the games on my vita still going to be there or do i have to back them up with qcma?

That came out back in June, same day as Caligula. It's fucking amazing, grab it as soon as you can.

See Pictures

why do people like this exist?

That picture has to be around 20 years old. Odds are the person who did that doesn't exist anymore. Assuming it wasn't faked.

Shit. Shiiiit.

Quake is pretty playable.

I used to think that way user, but then, things got weird. Many games I believe were dead had remakes. Some good, some bad. But they had.

My nigga my nigga
> tfw it's been on hiatus for nearly a year now

but the N64 one isn't?

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS; WAR OF THE LIONS. DO IT. DO IT NOW, FAGGOT. Alternatively, Tactics Ogre. I think that might be 20 bucks, though.

Dude, this will be annoying. I really hope Rainbow Moon does not sell out instantly like Soldner X-2 did. That is now the only LRG release I am missing. broke down and bought Breach & Clear for $190

So besides Soldner, I am only missing the Ar No Surge+ physical and I will have all the rare vita releases. Then the collecting should be easier for the system.

I ended up playing Rainbow Moon and disliking it, anyway.

Isn't what? Playable? No, it's shit.

It's not the first time Gamestop's abandoned stocking for older systems (and where I live, causing local shortages in availability and price hikes when they do since they've cleared most other used game stores out of business; have to go into the surrounding towns to reliably find games older than 7th gen), likely due to desire for shelf space for more current games (same reason they trashed their DS cases and manuals). In fact, at some of the ones around where I live, I remember them putting their phone shit in the same space the DS games had been before. Really was just them wanting to capitalize on mobile gaming getting popular (the even had audio commercial about how they now stocked all the greatest mobile devices and accessories a gamer could want).

Anyhow, last time I went to one, the ones around where I live still have half a wall for PS3 and 360 stuff, while the Wii's relegated to a revolving shelf with the cheaper PS3 games. They've gotten rid of the PSP at this point, and 99% of the DS games they still stock are cart only. Wouldn't surprise me if in the next year or so they do the same for the Wii, PS3, and 360 and only stock disc only.

Good luck with that. I still haven't seen any copies locally since that $90 one.

I'm curious though, have you considered going to a Fucking Gamestop and asking if they actually get trade ins of it when the game didn't see a retail release and (as far as I'm aware) isn't even in their system? If they do, it might take some effort, but it could be the cheapest way to find a copy if they can't mark it up more than release value at this point (though it's not as Gamestop doesn't scalp when they can; at one point they were asking $90 for reprint copies of Xenoblade Wii, for example).

How is killing bites? I can't find any gameplay, just the one trailer that just cutscenes.

Is there not a Gamestop in your area, or do they just not have the item in stock? You might be able to ask them to ship it to your store.

That actually explains the DS area, I just assumed most DS games they had were old/owned by children who lose shit all the time. I just don't understand how they even stay in business if they only stock mainstream titles and cell phones. Wal-mart does the same shit and has that added benefit of not smelling like hot pockets and cheetos.

I've been sperging about Gamestop for two days. They don't stock much of anything vita or they have one copy BUT it's three hours away. The only valuable service they offer is pre-order of physical games and I could just do that on Amazon.

Go to the store, ask them if they'd be willing to have the other store ship the item to your local store, and wait a week. If they agree, then they'll make sure to have it for you. Whether or not you can make that a regular thing, I don't know, but I've managed to do it once.

Order online?

Really now that I've gone and seen what they have it doesn't seem worth it to get used games from them, the selection is small. I'd rather just use them for free shipping on release day games though that might be equally pointless with Amazon offering like 8$~ off pre-orders on some vita releases

That's pretty much what I've been doing. I think i was just looking for an experience that wasn't there. Namely a games store employee that actually cares about the medium. Guess I just need to go outside or something.

Get friends, you lonely faggot. You don't go to the retailers to chat it up with employees.

Yeah, I was there looking for DQV DS some years back when they were busy trashing all the cases and manuals they could for the system. The guy on the register kept trying to get me to buy the now cart-only copy anyhow, saying stuff like "You're lucky we even stock for this anymore!" Pissed me off.

Anyhow, I know a while back they started buying up classic games for older systems (they'd deemed not worth carrying in the past) again, apparently wanting to get in on that retro market. I think they might only sell those online from their warehouses (I highly doubt they're willing to suddenly make room for stocking PS1, Gamecube, etc in their actual brick and mortar stores), but that's if anything's actually come of it thus far anyhow. Personally I think they just want some of that scalper pie.

Maybe for new stuff, but after seeing what one user here received in the mail ordering used copies, I wouldn't recommend doing so.

One of the used video game places a town away from me's actually been pretty decent on both the Vita and experience end of things. They've got a glass case with a smattering of Vita games (admittedly what's in there depends entirely on what gets traded in), and they've generally got at least one employee knowledgable about a system and/or genre. One guy there likes the Vita a lot and plays a fair amount of niche stuff, so I can actually get decent conversation and/or recommendations out of him.

But yeah, I don't go there solely to chat with employees, but having a place with employees that actually know what they're talking about is nice.

Can Nicole and Daidoji get shoved into girls privates in Uppers like the guys can? I can't find any video or screenshots of it.

I didn't check back on the previous thread before it purged. Sorry if it was anwsered there.

The way I said it does sound retarded but it's less about wasting their time talking and buying nothing and more realizing I don't give a shit about Wii games if I came in for vita shit is one of those things.

What about ordering used games from Gamestop online?

That's what I meant, sorry. I don't mind ordering used from Amazon or ebay when I can't find copies of something locally after a good while of searching (always ask for pictures of the object), but I generally prefer ordering new online (provided it's cheap; I don't buy a whole lot of games at launch), while searching for stuff I have to get preowned locally (with a bit of patience and luck, I can usually get stuff cheaper locally, and can personally check the condition out on what I'm buying).

After seeing an user get pic related in the mail after buying used copies online from Gamestop, that's not a risk I'd want to take (and wouldn't recommend people that actually care about the condition of what they buy to take either).

How does that even happen? I was going to order a used copy of Demon Gaze from them but not if it looks like that.

At least the games work, right?

I don't know, you can ask the user that got shipped those if he shows up (I just saved the picture as an example of why to not buy used online from Gamestop).

I'm honestly not sure. Almost looks like they got ran over by something, and they don't seem to have even been shipped in actual Vita cases. Wouldn't shock me if third party ones are shittily made in comparison.

Gets crushed by other boxes during shipment.

Would that have happened with a standard official-make Vita case, or are those offbrand ones just that shit that they can't stand up to shipping well?

Dude, it's just a plastic case. It will break if enough force/weight is applied. Shit happens.

I can't tell if it's because I'm experiencing the 3deep5me bioshit infinite effect or what but I have never been so entranced by any games narrative outside of Soul Sacrifice.
The gameplay is honestly boring as shit at this point but I can't stop playing because the story is so fucking interesting.

Maybe it's because I typically play it when I'm inebriated in some fashion but specifically the backstories behind the certain areas and definitely the lore behind the certain monsters and why the come to be is just an absolute mind fuck.

I've played a good share of "muh story" games and they didn't do shit for me, but the culmination of the writing style, setting, and story gets my dick right stiff, and when I kill a monster that has a good backstory it honestly pulls on my heart strings a good bit.

Maybe it's because I'm a shallow-minded retard and I haven't read enough good books to know a good story and plot but man this games' story is captivating as shit. It's the only reason I'm still playing it and have been.

The official ones are hardly invincible, but as a former GameStop employee I can tell you for sure those generic ones are fucking shit, half the time they're broken when we receive them from Corporate.

I know it's just plastic, but there's varying degrees of quality.

Geez, I hope you guys could get refunds for the ones that shipped broken. Or then again, maybe not. I'm not fond of Gamestop.

The things are so cheap it'd be a waste of money on shipping to try to pursue some kind of exchange/refund. Welcome to cheap-ass corporate world.

So what's the solution, just buying more to replace the broken ones if it's a waste to try to refund them? Or did you guys just order far more than was needed from the start in expectation of some percent being unusable on arrival? I'm honestly curious about it.

They shipped in boxes of 500, so one box was usually enough for a while, especially for PSP/Vita

Playing Danganronpa 2. So good but holy shit I feel that choice paralysis real hard during free time.

Vita thread is what 4am wishes it could be.

The game isn't even out yet in Japan, and I doubt it'll get a western release, but it's a manga series that's about monstergirls and guys fighting each other in a fight-to-the-death totally-ultra-secret-underground tournament thing. The main protagonist is a sort of typical wimpy guy, but the monstergirl he's partnered with is a cute, but rough around the edges honey-badger girl.

Pictured here is a scene where they have to leave a building, but the HoneyBadger chick doesn't know how to hide her ears and tail, so the cheetah girl has the idea to put her and herself in maid outfits and act as a cosplay to make it out of the building without normal people realizing what's up.

what, comfy and vidya? yeah, it's pretty fucking cancerous in the 4am

I've traditionally liked 4 AM, but yeah, the sheer volume of avatarfagging has gotten ridiculous there for a while now. There's just no real purpose for doing so on an anonymous imageboard.

lol gay

Those are crappy GameStop replacement cases. They're notoriously brittle. OEM cases are much smaller and are a hell of a lot more durable.

Why do I keep seeing this brought up? I understand it being talked about in the FRIDAY NIGHT threads or any video games in general thread, but this is the vita thread. Polite sage for not even owning a vita or being on topic.

The cancer spreads outward.

I admin the 4am IRC channel. I used to make all the threads, too - though I stopped about a month or two ago.

I'm thinking about buying a refurbished one off of amazon tonight.
Which model is better; the PCH-1000 or 2000 series? I know the 2000 has better battery life but is it worth it?

Also, someone suggest me 8 good games for it.
Any chance we'll be able to use it for PS1/PS2 emulation soon?

Main difference is the screen type and battery life. The 1000 models use an OLED screen that's more vibrant than the LCD screen in the 2000 line. However, OLED screens aren't exactly meant to last all that long, hence them being used in devices people are quick to replace with new models of, like smartphones.

I have the OLED version and adore it, but I'd still get the 2000 if I had the choice when I got one. What are your priorities?

Stu had a hard life.

Most of them are good people, but they really should keep the "secret club" off site or something.

You can check in the image in the OP for what seems to be of interest and maybe ask for opinions about it. Admittedly though it's more of a "here's what the system has" image than a recommendation chart though.

I think people have been getting annoyed by the amount of cancerous avatarfags that have been coalescing there (as well as the people spamming the threads in retaliation as well). I never saw it get anywhere near that bad back in the day of the threads on halfchan.

Someone made a thread specific to the issue earlier this morning, and a board volunteer said something about them and Mark trying to work out a solution to fix the threads without killing them off outright, but with that many avatarfags chances are they'll raise a stink if anything's done, and while Mark did ban them some months back, he swiftly unbanned them.

As cool as PS2 emulation would be I doubt that would ever happen, you'd just have to satisfy yourself with a PS2 port and hope its a good one for the Vita

Would it really? I mean I could understand some days no one posting, but I don't feel they would go away.

Finally managed to beat Neptune.
Raging Mars really was the key, and my fighter learned Wild Swing which was great for a desperate final damage chunk before the minions were called again.

Know how we fixed the avatar and namefags on /k/?

we banned them. If they need to go then get rid of them.

Then

A-at least Ys 8 is still getting localized… right?

Yes, but in a year.

It's fucking 10/10 though.

Hey, does anyone have any news about that workaround to let the PSTV play any Vita game? I heard someone got it done, but I haven't found a solid tutorial yet.

Image entirely unrealted, but still damn good vidya.

I'm pretty sure XSEED will be bringing Ys VIII west at some point, but as of now I've heard nothing. Probably since it only came out in Japan just recently.

Anyone have an idea how soon after Ys Seven or MoC came out that the western versions were announced?

Real shame that of the many PS2 games that could have benefitted from a PS3 and/or Vita HD collection due to low availability or being good but not real popular, it's pretty much just been the ones that were popular and sold quite well already that saw them (Yakuza 1 and 2 being an exception, but even then the HD release was never cleared to come west, leaving Yakuza 2 hard to find and pricy at $45-80 where I am).

I'd like to think it wouldn't. But unless they have a volunteer actively devoted to trying to clean up avatarfaggotry from the threads on a nightly basis, I think it might be hard to get them out at this point. I mean, if they were to come in and patrol the threads and then stop eventually , the avatarfags would likely just come crawling out of the woodwork again, and in general would probably always be "testing the fences" anyhow, so to speak. If the threads were to be entirely banned, both the avatarfags and regular anons there would be pissed as hell. And while forcing anonymity is easy easy enough from the tripcode standpoint (and to their credit, most of the avatarfags don't double as tripfags, barring one or two), the easiest way to remove the chance of avatarfagging would probably be removal of ability to post images altogether (which I don't think anyone wants).

Honestly, I'd think maybe light bans for the first few offenses, with heavier ones might be the best solution. Train them to stay user, and if they persist, make it clear they're unwelcome. I mean, contrary to what some of them say about it being nice to be able to recognize each other (ignoring the fact that it's the same core group most nights, I expect), avatarfagging is something rightfully frowned on for anonymous discussion.

Congrats

Now never unequip her. Her healing shower is going to be used for every boss fight, and end game when you enter new areas. Pretty much you will be using Mars, Neptune, and Chronos outside of very specific battles and when you go collectible hunting.

The Vita's region free, you don't need some faggot scribbling over the game to play it.

No idea, but the gap between the releases were over a year.

Ys VIII might take longer since they could wait for the PS4 release, and even if they didn't the game is a lot bigger so it'll take longer to localize anyway.

Yeah, I tried Hermes out for a while but his speed buff didn't really seem to give me any great advantage and in terms of attack power he was just a weaker Mars.
Thanks for your guidance early in the thread user, I'm going to sleep now before everyone else gets up for their morning shit.

so uhhh anyone here talk about how we have open mods now without any game exploits?

henkaku.xyz/

We talked about it last thread. P4G undub is a thing.

I still wish i could have asked you to pick that up for me. But I do wish we could start up that game swap like we talked about in the retro thread a long time ago.
And I have been checking around gamestops, I havent asked them specifically what they would do but I know one guy that is pretty cool at a store I go to a lot. Maybe next week Ill stop by and ask and see.

Just going to reply to you. I was the user that got those games shipped all destroyed. No, I did not test if the games worked, I assumed they must have as the carts looked fine to me, just the cases smashed up. I did just go to gamestop and showed them what happened. The manager there was cool and I was able to return them no issues. Brick and mortar gamestops will accept returns on web purchases, but the issue is they wont refund shipping. So make sure you get free shipping with that.
I did end up trying again since he said he would give me free 2 day shipping, and the second time the games showed up complete with all the art and in great shape. So it really wasnt too bad, other than I had to drive 10 minutes to my gamestop and then chilled out with my friends who work at a better local retro game store. They laughed at how bad gamestop was too

Again, $90 is a bit much (actually the most I've ever dropped on a single game, Tales of Eternia PS1) even that's "cheap" for the game compared to normal now, and while that's certainly not to say I'd have just cut and run, would you trust the average user with that sort of money to pick up something and then ship it? I've got to do more research on how half/vr/ handled their BST threads, but I think they may have had the hotpockets themselves involved in making sure people weren't getting fucked over.

Still, if I ever see another copy locally, I'll be sure to let people here know. Though of course, if you're out on the east coast it might be hard to justify coming all the way to the desert just to buy something (though I will say for sightseeing, winter months are better than dealing with 110+ degree summer heat, and we've got some neat geological places to see here).

I know at least one retro/independent used store maybe 30 minutes away from me has a lot of disgruntled former Gamestop employees (one of the requirements is 2-3 years of game store experience to get hired there, so most of them are formerly from Gamestop), so it's nice to know that even some of the people on the other side of the transaction disliked the company's policies as much as some customers do. Plus, you can get some of them doing storytelling of the shit they've dealt with (both from low quality customers, bosses, and corporate) if they're not real busy.

I don't read moon, and the menus are in moon, and for an RPG, that's kinda critical shit.

The menus are actually in English.

Nah, nigga. I'll wait for the localization. For that kind of scratch i can get whatever bitchin' limited edition XSEED puts out with soundtracks and books and shit.

You're never going to learn if you don't try

I have a problem. I'm on 3.60 and i can connect to henkaku, but when i press the install button nothing happens. Anyone knows what's the problem?

Is wifi on?

Ratchet and Clank is alright, m8.

Well, of course the employees don't like the company's policy. That's almost always the case. They have to put up with the most bullshit.

That has pretty much been the focus of discussion since it came out.

Check wololo's forums. There's a homebrew general for Henkaku that includes a whitelister. There's a few of them, actually.

I bought it a year after launch. The weebshit thing is a shame, but there's been quite a few good titles. Wish there was more physical shit, though.

Never ever.

Avatarposting while dumb should be just fine as long as people do it while posting on topic.

What should be deleted is off topic 4AM threads. Avatarfag all you want in threads about video games if you're talking about videogames.

of course

Ain't that the truth. I have to wonder if, should TK announce bringing it west (I've heard nothing on the matter thus far as this point), will Atelier Shallie Plus be given the limited physical print treatment, or will Vita owners get the shaft again? I'd like to think they'd do so since they gave Escha and Logy Plus one (considering Shallie Plus is the sequel to it), but with the most recent series release of Sophie they opted not to for the Vita version, so who knows. Would be nice if they'd cut out NISA as the middleman for distribution as well.

Maybe it's just me, the fact that the blush stickers (or whatever the term is) are OVER the panties she's sniffing irks me a bit.

Well, as long as they do a good job, I don't mind waiting. Gives me more time to get through some of the earlier entries along the way.

What you described as being okay is just regular old image posting, not avatarfagging. No one particularly cares if people post images in general (this is an imageboard, afterall), be it random or on topic (hell, I'd even consider people posting Stu in 4 AM to be on topic; the thread might be off topic for Holla Forums, but Stu is on topic for the thread), and in a thread for a specific game/series, posting characters/art/scenes from said series is to expected and is not taken as being out of place. However, posting a single character or object that has no real relation to the topic at hand (or is related but is being posted excessively and solely by a single person) in every single post someone makes, and doing so to give oneself an identity, is avatarfaggotry.

Just my take on it though. I don't think banning 4 AM entirely is the way to go about it (there's still a fair amount of anons that post without feeling a need to resort to avatars). Either way, Mark and the janitors have apparently given them a week to clean their acts up before they start banning for avatarfagging, and boy were the avatarfags bitching in last night's thread. One guy was even repeatedly claiming that anyone against them flaunting avatars in the their posts must be CTR shills looking to divide and conquer anons on Holla Forums.

This is advanced autism

Seriously, go take a look at the thread. That guy I mentioned (8041ee) went all out, accusing people that wanted avatarfags gone from 4 AM as being from reddit (stating that avatars anger cross-siting reddit scum), that avatarfags are a guiding beacon of who not to become (and thus should stay to serve as an example to laugh at), and then claimed "anti-avatarfags" are no better than "Israel's Personal Army," most likely aren't even regular 4 AM or Holla Forums posters, and quite possibly CTR shills or Jews to boot.

Non-bumping post for off-topic content.

Who cares if someone avatarfags as long as they're also talking about video games/on topic? Is more my point. I'm aware of what avataring is. I'm saying off topic non videogame threads are more of a problem. Ie: avatarfagging in videogame threads is fine as long as the person doing it is talking about video games. Having non-videogame threads is not fine.

That's my point. Not that I particularly care overmuch about one regular off topic thread.

Defeats the purpose of an anonymous image board. May as well have usernames at that point.

This game has made me autistic I think. I'm running into all walls now to make sure there isn't anything there.
It feels great figuring it all out and reaching that boss door.

This is my first Drpg, is this kind of mapping standard for most of them?

For good ones yes.

We already have IDs on this board.

There's a name field and IDs. Anonymity is an option not a requirement.

Anyone?

Permanent Henkaku install when? I'd like to not have to reinstall every time I turn off my Vita to switch mem cards. I mean the offline installer is a step forward, but a permanent install would be rather nice.

Pretty much. At least the avatarfags don't avatarfag outside the 4AM r-right?

That bothers me. They're a separate layer over just about everything on her face it seems, or like how in some anime/games a character has their hair down in their face, but you can still see their eyes THROUGH they're hair? That shit's annoying.

Oh woah, really? I'm kinda surprised they're actually doing anything after letting it go so long. I can only imagine the salt. I usually lurk the 4AMs, but I missed last night's.

have you turned your Vita off and back on again for good measure and then trying? This is the first I've heard of something like this happening like this.

their*, i just woke up i'm not a total retard I swear

Ive spent more than $90 on some games, also counting special editions. Ive got a full time gig and the grand scheme of things that isnt really that much, to me at least.
Now trusting someone else with it is not something I really would like to do. Just annoying that I cant find one over here. There had been a video game tag sale of sorts I went to last week and there was a grand total of like 3 vita games. So even finding it elsewhere is really tough.

Also, how worth it is Henkaku? In the sense I dont really care for roms as I go all physical anyway. Patches to get back the japanese voices would be cool, but I hate to have my only copy of a system be hacked. I like to keep one up to date to get anything new that comes out.
Should I just try to pick up a cheap vita at some point for it?

This wouldn't be a bad idea if you got the spare dosh. I've been considering it myself, since I'm a buyfag and go all-physical. Even if we could get piracy on Vita, memory cards are expensive as fuck, and there will never be an adapter like there is for PSP, since the Vita cards are about the same size as microSD, and even then, they'd fill up pretty fast, since Vita games are usually a few gigs each. Piracy on Vita is almost a moot point, with how expensive memory cards are. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it being a thing, but I'm not gonna shell out hundreds of bucks for proprietary memory when I prefer having a physical copy of the game anyway being a buyfag is suffering

Damn, Im the same way. The few times I buy digital I always kick myself over it, so a while back i decided I wouldnt do it ever again. Yeah, it just doesnt seem like a lot of the hacking is really going to apply to me. But maybe if I find another vita for cheap Ill go for it. Heck the only reason I hacked my 3DS was so I could import games, with vita I dont need to worry about that at all anyway so really isnt a big concern for me.

yes. Double checked connections, tried switching memory sticks (i read some people have problems with high capacity memory sticks) and tried re-do everything from the start. Still nothing.

Delete browser cookies? I know that helps with the C2 error, but it's worth a shot. You're supposed to wait for the exploit to trigger as well, so maybe you're supposed to wait a little longer if nothing's happening.

If your problem is that you still can't connect to the net as in
, then check your wifi settings on both the Vita and your router. For the Vita, make sure you're not running on a proxy you don't have or something. With the the router, try to ping your Vita from your PC if you can.

No proxy, cookie deleted and still nothing.

nvm fixed it fucking finally

In case another user chimes in with the same problem, can you share what particular fix helped?

Fucking javascript was on "off" for some reason

Should I get a PSTV and keep it on 3.60 for Henkaku? I'd just use it for emulators until actual piracy happens so I wouldn't be buying an extra memory card. I kind of don't want to keep my Vita-chan without PSN access. Most games I'm interested in aren't really expensive, somehow.

wew
That gave me a chuckle. Glad to see it resolved I supposed.

ditto. I mean emulation is cool, but it's beyond shit on the Vita as-is. If I want an emulation handheld, i'll buy a PSP and the necessary components all for under ~$150. Even now when we have homebrew available, and piracy possibly on the horizon, Sony still gets the last laugh with their fucking expensive-out-the-ass memory cards.

Never felt more stupid in my life.

I knew exactly what gif that was and it still sent shills down my spine, fuck spiders

IDs change periodically. Anonymity is still maintained. as no long-term identity is established with an ID. Regardless, it seems that regular use of an avatar is now prohibited. Can't say i disagree with the decision.

Even if you go all physical, you're going to end up installing updates.

If you're not using any homebrew, it's pretty much a waste of time right now. You can either wait for more people to start projects, or just update.

Hadn't actually thought of that. Well, now you know what to do next time.

Well yeah most people have the same authoritarian 'freedom is good until someone uses it how I don't like' mindset. So it's not a surprise.

Anyone know?

Those aren't spiders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones

No. Avatarfagging is a cancer, bar none. People that absolutely need attention on themselves, even in an anonymous board, is a legit poisonous practice. I know this because I've witness generals (before the creation of "generals") go from chill, informative, argumentative, and sometimes original to out and out circle jerks.

In one case, it literally was a circlejerk that took place. If you don't believe me, flag down precure fans on 4/a/ and ask them about David (since the archives are dead now). Othertimes, it turned comfy topics into impossible clusterfucks about those fags and their day-to-day lives or specific love of whatever topic is. Or it's a crusade against whatever they hate. The shit is legitimately counter-productive in almost every facet of the phrase.

To be fair, I only went to /a/ a couple of times, but they always seemed way too underage faggotty to appreciate PreCure.

No I agree free speech is really good unless people use it to talk about things you don't like or in a way you don't like. You tell 'em.

Disruption is disruption. Just like this topic is disruption of a Vita Thread. So consider this my last post on this crap.

Guess I win so I'm done too.

Yeah nah you can fuck off.

Dunno why you care so much.

People should care when they see cancerous lumps appearing

I remember a time when people didn't care about the source of the reaction image.

So I ended up getting a PCH-2001, a 4gb SD, MGS Collection HD, Peace Walker, MHFU, Ape Escape and Gravity rush for $250 CAD in total ($170 USD).
Did I fuck up or is that decent?

What does a guy have to do just to play Phantasy Star Nova in english? Is it at least easy to understand to import?

Wait for an English patch or learn Japanese.
Both will take the same amount of time.

In terms of games I'd say you did well, the only thing you messed up in is not getting like at least an 8 or 16gb SD card. Get it for your next payday because you'll quickly realize some of the Vita's appeal comes from its great digital only sales.

Well shoot. I can only hope learning Japanese isn't that hard.

It's not something you can do overnight, but it's easier than people make it out to be.

THAT'S FUCKING WORSE

What the fuck happened here while I was sleeping?
Is this 2007 Gaia Online?

That's fucking awesome, user.

Not bad, but as that other user said, you'd be better off with a slightly bigger memory card, but you still might want to wait for a sale on one, if you're thinking of possibly getting a 16 GB card. Unfortunately Sony hasn't done themselves (or Vita owners) much of a favor charging so much compared to how much memory you're getting with those.

Unless you're buy indie stuff, that 4 GB card isn't going to hold very much. Even just putting PS1 classics on it, those can range from a couple hundred MBs to over 1 GB each, and I think there's some digital Vita games that outright exceed that 4 GB size on an individual level. Buying physical helps out a fair bit, but for some games there's sadly no option for that unless you learn moon and import a physical Japanese copy.

Yeah, I suppose having a reliable income certainly helps in the grand scheme of things, though even then I'd prefer to buy cheaply if possible.

How are the used vidya shops over on the east coast, or wherever you live anyhow? I used to think my local area here was pretty bad off some years back (Gamestop killed off everywhere in town that wasn't a Walmart, Best Buy, or multimedia store; none of those are as game focused as Gamestop anyhow, though), but I've since found more options in the surrounding towns clustered around mine, and some are actually pretty decent.

Flying colors save this. But it's not a huge deal for now. It just means anything you see digital that's selling, you need to buy off the browser store and save for when you get a big card.
16gb minimum should do you. Unless you look up and realize you've got 5 or more digital titles. Then it'll be time to think about biting the bullet.

One user to another who didn't think it'd be that bad—it's better you put that beast to bed sooner than later.

The 4gb card has just enough space for what I bought plus enough room for Final Fantasy Tactics (I just found out).
I do plan on getting atleast a 16gb card though, I know 4 isn't much.

Consider keeping an eye out for possible mark downs on the cards around Black Friday. I got a 16 GB card a few years back during one at half price (so $20 instead of $40).

I wanna' get Gal Gun, God Eater and few other weebshit titles, so I'll definitely need a bigger card. The 4gb is just to tide me over because I'm on a shoestring budget.

Well if they get marked down that much I may just try to get a 64gb for $60-70.

Feelin' you. I'm on the short and curlies myself far as wallet's concerned. I've blown several releases at this point I'm dying to play, and have at least a half-dozen games bought digital that are just waiting for me to get cash together for a PS4.

Might be wise to be on the look out for sales. With some games, where the publisher hear opted to go digital only or mostly digital only (some do see limited print physicals that are now marked up due to low availability and scalpers), they'll opt to leave the games at full price almost the entire year, even years after release, but they'll occasionally go for half price or so during various sales.

Well, you'll probably have to import that, unless you know a place out here in the west that has preowned ones, since Sony didn't even bother with bringing the 64 GB ones over here.

Oh yeah, I always try to find as cheap as possible, which as far as I had seen, $90 was the cheapest for that. At least online prices.
But I have quite a few retro game stores around me. There is a chain store that is pretty good, which my local one is 10 mins down the road so I visit that a lot. Best friends with the employees there, which is nice when they let me know about cool stuff that shows up.
Another store has a few locations around me and is really good in terms of the rarer selection. Like they have a lot of stuff complete and they host video game tag sale events for people to stop by and sell stuff to other people, no charge, in their store.
There are a few other obscure places around that I check out, but they can be more miss than hit. Like one place sells gamecubes for $80. I figure they feel like they can get away with it for being in a mall with how much traffic they get.

Overall I have quite a few spots all within half an hour. But also depends if I want to pay retail prices for some games or not. The tag sale is good, but I saw someone selling Dokapon Kingdom for $100 and figured that wasnt bad for how expensive it is now, but then I realized he had a stack of 8 of them. Which all still had the $25 gamestop sticker on them. So he cleared out every gamestop he could to resell them, which urks me a lot.
But enough blog posting for now.

All I need now in the way of rare vita games is Ar Nosurge+ and Soldner X-2, and everything else is about averaging at $20 a game.

Where are the best places to import and buy JP PSN cards besides Play-Asia?

I kind of wish my favorite store a town over would do a "we'll call you if we get X in" thing, and they did used to do so, but I understand why they don't anymore (according to them, everyday the bulk of calls they'd apparently get were for Super Smash Bros. 64 and Melee, games there's still so much demand for they only sits around about five minutes there without someone getting interested in it and buying it, and there was no real way to get a "buy/callback order" going for those without it getting ridiculously huge and people getting mad).

Again, good luck with Ar Nosurge Plus. Might find a copy pop up around you when you least suspect it if you keep searching (and in the meantime you might find good deals on other games with a bit of luck too).

Hey friends,

It's been only a few days, but I'm absolutely loving my vita. I'm currently playing through Gravity Rush. Motion controls are still kind of alien to me, but it's pretty interesting how they used that in game.

Thank you guys.

Are you retarded?

Oh yeah, I get why stores dont really do that. It becomes a hassle with people looking for the same few things. My local one knows Im searching for vita stuff and they would let me know if that came in. Recently had been searching for Ico on PS2 and they messaged me when a copy showed up. Im never asking about the super popular stuff.

To stay vita related…people were not kidding about the loading times in Gal Gun for the vita. They are super slow, but luckily doesnt seem like anything else is really slowed down. Unless I havent gotten far enough in yet.

What's with this >>>/metav/ discussion here, and about 4am threads?

Anyways, Vita related:
Been comparing doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/ with Settings -> System -> Intellectual Property Notices, and there's a lot missing.

And the hardware presentation is shit: web.archive.org/web/20141130234531/http://research.scee.net/files/presentations/gceurope2011/VitaIactaEst.pdf

On memory cards:
Looking the Taiwanese manufacturer, to see if we can get a defactor to disclose the prints for duplication.
The main website has little details: jp.playstation.com/psvita/peripheral/pchz641j.html

I was rebrowsing the MMC wiki, and the MiCard section read interesting:

I wonder If I could cross compare these with Sony.

If the company is pchintl.com/, we're fucked.

>I'd just use it for emulators until actual piracy happens
For the moment, just get this then: hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825
The game binaries are dual encrypted, per Vita.
They are using RSA, and D–H is at boot time:
emc.com/emc-plus/rsa-labs/standards-initiatives/bsafe-crypto-c-bsafe-crypto-j.htm

It's gonna take extra time.

>develop.scee.net/careers/
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

STOP POKING SLEEPY LONGLEGS! Daddy longlegs are love, granddaddy longlegs are life.

I got your time, ID, and an IP address. Sorry hun, I hope you are using a VPN, and a delayed response.

or when people derailed a thread

For new learners, true.

Oh lol, you are still continuing that charade, on a bystander! Don't you look retarded!

I'll call you 薄弱君. That's what they called you at school a lot, didn't they?
That's why are stuck playing games all day. contributing to that parasitic lifestyle of yours, never leaving your nest.

No wonder in your hollow existence you desire more, but since you are so stuck on a dead past, you look to others to diminish their brightness to feel better about yourself.

Sorry hun, call anyone any names you like across an image forum all you like, you aren't getting a sticker for being right.

If you truly want some change, start by calling Sony and ask them "how do I go about licensing my game for the PlayStation Vita?": pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/services.contact.bbsccms-services-contact-sonyinternationaloffices.shtml

50円彼返信「あなたは精神薄弱ですか?」

glad to hear you're enjoying it user. I loved Gravity Rush as well.

GRAVITY RUSH 2 ON VITA NEVER EVER

I got your time, ID, and an IP address. Sorry hun, I hope you are using a VPN, and a delayed response.

;-;
And the saddest part is: that you can make GR in low poly using an array system and run @60Hz no delay.
Cell Shading to save a few cycles

I played about 3 hours of Gravity Rush 2 over a year ago when I actually did some focus testing for it. I can tell you right now, at that time in development, Gravity Rush 2 would NOT run on a Vita. It would've been a CPU bottleneck, not just a GPU one.

I know, it's why they would need to remake the game using arrays, not floats to coordinates. It's possible, but not with that base engine:
4gamer.net/games/134/G013499/20120822062/

So, they've basically written it off as a failure? Because it's only going to do well in foreign markets if it's a PS4 exclusive, and then only if they can stop masturbating to Call of Madden long enough to buy it.

SOMEONE HELP ME I TRIED TO DO THE QUARKTASTIC CHALLENGE IN RATCHET AND CLANK TRILOGY
IT ISN'T STOPPING
I'M ON ROUND 500

I'm telling you, as someone with more first-hand experience with the game than even folks that played it at E3, it would never run on the Vita.

You could say "oh they could change things and rewrite code" but that can only be done to a certain point, the fact is that the game that Gravity Rush 2 is and will be would never run on the Vita. Ever.

Is there any reliable place to get cheap vita memory?

No man, I am saying they would need to remake an entire new game engine to emulate Gravity Daze 2 on the Vita, I completely agree with you.

ARM chips aren't really good for handling 3D differentials, but great at crunching numbers. Why a 3D array would work pleasantly better.

If you can find me the manufacturer, then yes. I say this because at the time of speaking, there's no competition, thus a limited resource, higher the demand, and full control of the market.

Monopoly 101

Ebay or former owners of vitas.

No, GR2 was pretty much never going to be on the Vita from the beginning, after Sony decided to give the Vita the shaft and push the PS4 as hard as they fucking possibly could. Gravity Rush 2 is just a way to get Vita owners to buy a PS4 and it worked

I know I'm not gonna get a PS4 for that brown slut, or ever for that matter.

you'll get one when PS4 CFW hits the internet.

Only way I'll get one is if it comes with PSVR and an onahole modeled after Kat.

bro are you high lmao?

But the Vita is the ultimate portable weeb machine

Eh, I went ahead and got one here a few months ago for $300 for Gravity Rush 2 also for SO5 & SAO: HR being able to actually watch Blu-Rays is nice too.

So it was always doomed to failure.

So I was shopping, and noticed on Amazon that Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force for like @10€, but then I noticed that's it's the Japanese version, which doesn't include DLC and upgrades which the English version has.

SO yeah, holding out my money.

To whomever posted this last 2 threads: videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24112
It looks like the preorder price went up. didn't want to pay customs so either way I win

And that image needs fixing: oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/v/src/1470973771352-1.jpg
GalGun double peace is out
Gundam Extreme VS Force out

I really really want to work on the list, but I need to nap a few hours to head to work.
Damn Salary Job, pays vidya, but no free time!

Also OP, try using Zerobin instead of pastebin: they are known doxers. If you "need an account" try ghostbin.
Did compile my to-buy list although

Should I get a PCH-1101 or 200x?
I already have a 1001. I will hack both, but the 1001, which is at 3.01, will remain there until it can be confirmed backwards exploit to break them all.

Probably a 200x. You're more likely to get one newer than with an OLED vita, and so the 200x will probably last longer.

So sad J-Stars Victory VS+ and Land without Night have such shitty ports!
Imagine us playing with Wi-Fi Direct any of these games, just like in Monster Hunter and Pokemon.

Thanks for the advice. I now learned that the 1101 could have 3G, and the one in bid was that one. But the more I think about it, the less I recall an use for 3G.

For 3G I rather use my phone, or ODROID XU4.
I forget we are in 4G/LTE now. WiBro didn't even stood a chance

@PSN?
Summer's over, it's Q3 soon. It's now when businesses need to charge full price.

I want to be that doughnut.

This is the only thing I dislike about this game so far. I can't believe I've waited so long to actually sit down and play this.

give me your best vita wallpapers, bonus point for non-uguu kawai shit

Here's an album I put together a thread or two ago, there's weebshit and non-weeshit both here, so you'll have to pick through it: sli.mg/a/Va1vtO

Should I get Patapon 2 or just jump to 3?

Thanks. I remember vita threads used to have albums of wallpapers and other shit in op. A shame everything is lost now

Patapon 2 is the best in the series, that's like asking if you should play Ys Oath in Felghana or skip to Ys Seven.

Yeah, I'll have to sift through everything I have currently and make just one, even bigger album. Too bad you can't upload an album and continuously add to it over time like you can a pastebin and such.

can't we make an imgur account?

Patapon 2 is objectively better than 1. 3 goes in a different direction.

Well that's why I asked, I've only played the first one so far so I didn't know if 3 just expanded upon 2's gameplay or not.

Alright thanks

imgur is cancer, and wasn't there some thing with linking to imgur on Holla Forums?

i know, but just to use it as a throwaway account to archive should be okay i guess? don't know about the link stuff.

If anyone knows any alternatives i'd be happy to hear them

What about just using mega or something? That way the files don't get recompressed and other bullshit.

Fine with me

ultraimg looks like a decent alternative, has a 10mb filesize limit per image, so that's nice.

I guess that'd work, but I was thinking of image hosting sites, so you could just open the link in your vita browser and go through and save what you want.

Put the files in an archive or upload them to slimg or mega or whatever and put together a collection of the links in a text file and submit it as a pull request to the thread's git repository. Heck, put all the images in a folder and commit the folder itself to the git repository, you can view them through the repository browser.
gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Here's a new album I threw together on UltraImg, it has all the vita wallpapers I currently have, and I can add more to it as time goes on

ultraimg.com/album/2ch

As I said last thread, chances are they'll be doing the (seemingly) monthly flash sale next weekend. They seem to have those around the third weekend or the 20th of the month or so from what I've seen.

Fuck this game jesus christ and FUCK Daidouji.

I gotta start playing more often.

bump

That's the most retarded pokeshit concept i've ever seen, and i've seen 6 full generations of them.

Quick question: How the fuck do I enable PSP homebrew on my Vita on 3.60? I'm asking because I want to use the PSP backend to emulate PS1 games.

No idea if it that can be done on 3.60 yet I don't think it can be…I haven't been keeping up with it quite as much though either. go check wololo and gbatemps

You can't. TheFlow0 needs an ePSP kernel exploit to access the PS1 emulator, and no one has come forward with one yet. If a kernel exploit can be found, it would also let you PSP games freely as well.

Other PSP homebrews are fine, though. You just have to install VHBL through HENkaku.

It's like you're a faggot or something.

Pic related, it's the actual most retarded pokeshit concept

Do vita games in general have issues getting rid of their preorder bonuses? I bought a copy of Odin Sphere and it came with the artbook. The only strange thing was that it wasn't really protected by anything other than the shipping envelope.

Man I know it's beating a dead horse, but the memory card prices are fucking ridiculous, you would think that they would drop in price by now. Hell, you can get a 128GB micro sd for the same price as a 16GB vita memory card.

I really never gave a shit about sony 1st party titles till Patapon happened, and now the series is already dead.

Just picked up a Vita few days ago.
I plan on getting these in the next half a year, in no particular order;

There's a few others that would be on the list, like Nep Nep and, God Eater, but I'm just going to buy them for PC, since it's my preferred platform.

Also, I'm going to get a handful of PSP and PS1 games.

Replace Freedom Wars with Exist Archive, durr.

Why even bother if the Vita exists.

Skip, worst SMT game ever.
Story Story Story
Hilariously shitty performance.

Try replacing those with some other games.

fuck you

Honestly, ever since seeing the condition some anons have gotten special editions like Bravely Default shipping from Amazon, I don't exactly trust online retailers to ship stuff beyond the basic game release (where all it is is the game in it's case within an envelope).

I do suppose there's a bit a difference though depending on what sort of box a CE comes with though, whether it's flimsy cardstock or a more solid material.

Sony's long since had a habit of dropping their IPs after a generation (and at times even simply a single game or two). Honestly surprises me that Wild Arms lasted for two (three if you count XF on the PSP), given that trend.

Hearts R's fun, but that translation is fucked.

As for the Arland games, I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not, but I seem to recall hearing that LRG was trying to work things out with TK to do limited physical prints of them (and Ayesha too, I suppose). If not, the games now have a bundled version that costs $80 instead of $120 (essentially three games for the price of two), but you might still want to wait for a sale on the PSN as they might be cheaper yet with some patience. Too bad they don't go on sale that often.

Has Aksys posted any more prerelease sample videos of Exist Archive, as far as stuff that isn't just the opening to the game? I'd like to think they could do a good job on it (Muramasa Rebirth seemed pretty well handled), but considering they're rather hit or miss on the whole, it would be nice to have something anons could do some script comparisons to.

is the vita good for hackan

Fortunately, Patapon 2 & 3 are quite different, so I would recommend getting them both. they're excellent games in their own right

Fuck sales.

I can't buy shit because upgrading the firmware to 3.61 would fuck Henkaku

fuck you Sony, you're missing out my money

Ys 8
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Omega Labyrinth
Seven Pirates (sequel to the Moero games)

As always, make sure to get them in Japanese, especially Coven since it's a NIS title.

Might be wrong, but couldn't you buy games on the PS3 and then transfer them to an unupdated Vita, provided they're older releases? Or does connecting to the PS3 anyhow prompt it to want the system to update?

Why use a PS3, does the PC content manager not work?

So…you can actually buy games from the PSN and transfer them to your VIta, even if it isn't on the latest firmware? I have a PS3 by the way

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html

Thank yous for you, amigo.

I don't think I've received anything broken from Amazon. The only time I had problems was when they used a rush shipping service for same day delivery that tried to tell me about $700 of shit had already been "delivered" when it had very much not been and my neighbors are known to be thieves.

What are you doing?

Sorry, had sage in the email field in the "quick reply" window because of my post here , as I didn't think it contributed to the thread, and I forgot to delete it.

I deserve the bullying, though

bumping with Momohime

Yes. That's been the way to do it for years now. Pretty sure the time of release isn't relevant, although newer games might have firmware checks. I don't think it'll be a problem if you're on 3.60.

If you've played the original already, don't bother.
Fucking awful. 8 might be better, but outside of that, try Oath of Felghana or Chronicles.
Just skip it.
Might be good for a playthrough.
No comment, try the demo. As a matter of fact, that goes for all of these.
Just get EDF2.
I wouldn't buy this for more than 20 dollars.

Hello again

Finally got my Vita yesterday, been loving this game.

**again*?

Nice. If you like Muramasa Rebirth, you'll probably like Odin Sphere which I've yet to play for myself and Dragon's Crown, as they're both also made by Vanilla Ware, with George Kamitani's gorgeous artwork.

Odin Sphere is fukin gr8 m8, anyone interested in side scrollers arpgs should get their hands on it

DO IT NOW

What are the best ARPGs on Vita?

Did anyone get Conception 2 on Steam?
Are the cutscenes in webm or is it just the version I pirated?

Is Dragon's Crown worth playing single or should I wait to co-op it with someone?

Yes.

Uh. My vita doesn't recognize images anymore. I tried put some wallpaper in the folder for qcma but when i connect it, it won't find them

I enjoyed it solo; you can have AI partners help out and not be so good enough to carry. If you've got a co-op buddy lined up then I guess you could wait but I believe theres the option to scale back a characters level if you want to familiarise yourself with shit.

Much better with people, but still enjoyable without.

I didn't even know it came to Steam.

Yeah, it's dual audio so it has that going for it. I already unpacked the audio archive for it but the problem I have is on the vita side of things, since it uses an .arc file that I haven't had any luck with.

Speaking of which have they come out with an undub for Dragon's Crown yet? I'd kill to be able to use the proper Japanese voices for narration and NPC dialog. Even the scant few lines of English dub they have make me cringe so hard that I have to mute all voices.

If you have the JP and NA versions of the game you should be able to get replace the audio.

You guys know what firmware new vitas start on? Thinking of picking up a new one once I've got the cash and updating the one I have now.

Is this not why homebrew was invented? So we wouldn't have to do that kind of thing?

Well you only really need the JP version, or a dump of it. There's already an uploaded dump of the NA version so that's not necessary anymore.

Picked up the following.

All in all, didn't spend more than 20 bucks each. Can't wait for them to show up.

People compile movies out of gaming scenes on YouTube. Your game is just like everyone's else's. I just wish people self-hosted, and let others copy and share, and not depend on Google.

I've never understood questions like these, so I apologize in advance if I read demeaning in anyway, I am just confused.

I was taught that in anything, all possible options need to be explored and given consideration before attempting to do something. I will blame my mentoring in game theory as a bias, however, when judging an experience one should look at what my bring the best desired result.

The game is Dragon's Crown, correct?
What are you looking to get out of the game?
Are you trying to have as much fun as possible?
Are you trying to play as many experiences as possible?
Are you just looking to play the game?
Just trying to beat it as best as possible?
etc. etc.

See what you are looking to get Dragon's Crown for, so that then you can ask yourself the more steping question:
Having assesed what you want of the game: which of these options yield the the most desired result?
Does a single player experience yield it more, or does co-op do?
Are you willing to invest the work and time needed for both routes?

Recall, both routes have their own risks and contras. If you are willing to pay the time and patience to find cooperative players for Dragon's Crown, you should also be willing to pay the price of playing the game all by yourself.

It's all about weighting you pros and cons. No person should tell you what you should or shoudn't experience. You saw what you wanted of the game, take it.

Taking advice from someone is like getting a bag of sand. You can so much with it, but only if you are willing to use it. Some people don't need a bag of sand to play games with. Some do.

Take what you want, if you want. Some people don't even get a chance to get a bag of sand, so take it at risk!

btw, this type of advice is generic: you can use it in any type of scenario, including grocery shopping, even self-assestment and career counseling.

If you want, read about Game Theory, it's life changing.

Please reply with as much detail as possible. Believe it or not, I like to see problems, and see how they arise. It brings new perspectives, even if it seems "bad".

user, do yourself a favor and don't play Conception 2, the game is extremely generic and the excessive grinding makes it worse.

I still can't believe how many people were celebrating on nichegamer for this game.

Be mindful that there's no open sourcing both Sony, and Vanillaware productions once gold. People barely think that fans can improve on ones' masterpieces, and make them better. The modding community understands this, because not everyone was brought with the understanding that allowing changes can give new and improved experiences into a work. There are limitations, yes, but even in limitations one can find possibilities.

In the case of Dragon's Crown, the game was only intended to sell in Japan. So no intent to make an English Dub, script, and modifying abilities was given. If was after Atlus decided to wing the production and publishing rights, that the potential to sell to the West was thought: thus Atlus, as opportunistic as they are, took extra time and resources to localize the game to the West. They never considered that some players would love to play the game in-text English, but Dubbing Japanese. In terms gross production to yield the most available buys, that is an afterthought.

Now, right this very moment, you, the fans, have the availability to modify your games, after a few individuals took their time to reverse engineer ways to be able to modify the one handheld console system that has yet to be truly cracked. No one is asking you to buy 2 games to make your dream experience a reality, however the circumstances are that you need a copy of the Japanese Dub, know where to where replace what, and modify your game cart, so that you can have that experience.

The only way that we know right now is to have someone risk their PS Vita key be exposed, to unlock the ".vpk" file that encrypts the Japanese game, share that, give you access to the dub files, and be able to map files to the ones that need replacing in the English cards: and this is assuming is it as simple and copy and replace: there might be other checks and issues that may inhibit that process like: the file is too long, the audio engine can't file, the audio file has issues, etc. etc..

There's a lot of risks, a ton. And not many people are willing to invest time and patience doing all that work, including and more importantly: sharing that key which doxxes the specific device owner.

Now do you understand why barely anyone has taken initial steps yet?

Take into account, you can never really trust the other end: they can be adversaries, trying to brick your device, and report you to Sony and Authorities. This is a very real risk with a PS Vita, since it has 3G, Wifi, and USB capabilities. Even simple techniques like bricking device is super super simple, since the hardware is common knowledge: vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Hardware
Not encryption scheme.

I, am working on an true OS break of the PS Vita: so you can really do what you want with the device. However, I am extremely limited in time and resources to be able to do it all. I have the knowledge and skills, not the time. Few people on this board and general know that I am highly demanded in my time, and even fewer know exactly what I do, which takes most of my time away.

I actually do not mind releasing publicly my device's key: I took the precautions to buy with cash hand-loaned by someone else. If I "get doxxed", it will be the person that no longer posses the device. However, even that can render the device unusable. So that risk needs to be considered.

If anything, I need more people to do this, since this method is genuine: web.archive.org/web/20150920032208/http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=36827&p=327611#p327611

I love Senran Kagura. I unironically bought a PS Vita just so I could play Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus.

But this. THIS is by far the WORST rhythm game I have ever played in my life.

it was just like that in the west, for japan the other half didn't show up until 2 or 3 months after release.

I want to like Ninja Tits but I just can't get into it. I spent over $100 on it too.

I mean the official game install.

I know, I bought it on Vita last year for like, 15 bucks, ended up not playing much due to only having an english dub. I was thinking of trying to get an undub working but I can't extract anything from the vita versions voice.arc file. I already have the JP audio from the PC version extracted.

Dude, there's no need to share your key to get files for undub purposes. Sharing your key would be needed to 'approve' license checking, aka let someone else play your digital copy of the game.

Simply use HENkaku to de-encrypt the data files for the voices, and dump them via FTP. You now have a set of unencrypted data files that can be used as patch data for the undub.
The only thing you can't decrypt is the executable, which we don't need anyway because the voice data won't be there.

As the other user said, a dump of the JP version's data should suffice. Perhaps a dump of the JP version would be enough, even - it's just audio data we're talking about.

I undubbed P4G myself to get the hang of it, but I could've just downloaded a prebuilt .cpk with the JP voices.

Ate a word, I meant:
>Perhaps a dump of the JP PS3 version would be enough, even

Yeah, ps3 version should be just fine, all that matters is the audio.

Also, I remember some dudes talking about Tales games, and a dump of the NA version of Tales of Hearts R was uploaded earlier, so I guess if someone wants to unfuck the translation they can do so now.

Oh, this interests me.
I also want to restore the original OP, replacing that shitty instrumental crap.

Disgaea 5 Vita When

Who cares?

So I'm about to download the JP PS3 version of Dragon's Crown, I don't own the Vita version so I'll need you nigs to test it out if everything goes well.

Never, and even if they did you would have to deal with NISA if you wanted to play it in English.

Is it worth getting DOAX3 for the Vita? Will I have to create an Asian PSN account just to download any future updates?

It will be a pain in the ass to manage 2 PSN accounts so I am hoping it is not needed to have an Asian PSN account to get updates.

Had the same thing happen to me as well, but the artbook arrived damaged with the bottom spine having fall damage on it.

Funny enough, I also got Dragon's Crown for the PS3 with the artbook.

The PS4 version would mean less hassle since you can have multiple accounts and by setting them to primary with your console you'd be able to use the DLCs even with your non-Asian account.

Whoops, made the new thread and forgot to link it:

You wouldn't need an asian account for updates, just for DLC stuff. Updates are universal.

I understand game theory. Assessing things as a system.

My question was more whether the overall experience of the game is more enjoyable with other players or not. Some games are more fun co-op. Some games that have co-op are not improved by it. So I thought I'd ask whether the impression from others was that it was better with co-op or not.