Buy Robobot because the last game I played was SSU and I missed out on RTD, 3D, pretty much every other game

>It's the fucking definition of a rehash: similar premise except plants invade instead of robots, key chains instead of stickers, generic collectible to get to the boss

I played one level and dropped it. Robobot burned me right out and I can't play essentially the same game again

The 3DS exists to be a monster hunter machine.
If you play anything else on it you're on your own, and must be fully prepared to face disappointment.

3D kirby is shit

I played MH3U and stopped playing before I got out of the tutorial. It just felt too clunky.

Natural selection.

Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey, Pokemon, and maybe Taiko no Tatsujin.

Oh yeah, Dragon Quest too.

Triple Deluxe I also feel was inferior. I'm pretty sure they physics were off compared to other kirby games.

The fucks that supposed to mean? I've never been good with action games or shooters so I generally avoid them. I heard it was a good rpg so I picked it up and had a bad first impression. The game is partially at fault here because as a new player I don't know what to expect and it just rubbed me the wrong way.

You shall burn in the fires, you horrible cunts.

have there been any actual 3d kirby games ever other than airride?
is that really the only first-party kirby game there is that isn't 2d or 2.5d?

2D was better

First of all, let your spine harden and your testicles drop, you sound like an entitled child. You're not going to enjoy anything the world has to offer when you go into things expecting them to hold your hand like that.

Second, practice action games and find joy in the challenge they offer. If you don't play action games just because you're bad at them you'll never experience a HUGE number of amazing titles. Pick the game back up, get in there and get playing. Beat the fucking game and then once you've got some hair on your chest find something new to challenge you.

Kirby and the Crystal shards is pretty good. Other than that, yeah they look pretty dull.

Robobot is the rehash, retard.

3D as in 3DS, games that don't use pixels for the main graphics, such as Tobobot.

Nigga I play DF all the time and I can speedrun 100% La-Mulana. Difficulty is not the problem, the game just didn't click for me.

If you can play literally the single clunkiest game in existence then what are you bitching about

Fuck you, return to dreamland was alright.

It's methodical and frame/step based. You can take things as slow as you want

For example when I had to hunt the first monster I kept accidentally hitting the wrong fucking button and ended up using all my whetstones instead of drawing my weapon.

I think you might just be retarded, dude. Are you new to video games?

I think that at the time I played it, dark souls had recently had its pc port so I might have just been used to that instead

Alright, enough insults and here's some actual advice.

MH is an action game, but it's not a fast paced action game.
People suggested it to you presenting it as an RPG instead of a simple action game, for good reason.

MH isn't "clunky", instead it locks you into it's iron clad pacing and expects you to adapt, not the other way around, when you first approach MH you must enter the mindset of a student, and the game is the teacher, he's showing you something new that you aren't accustomed to, so you must learn.

In order to facilitate the learning process the game (especially the newer games, 4U, Gen for example) will give you a shit ton of tutorials so you can familiarize yourself with each weapon and all the systems.
Additionally, at the start it will SHOWER you with gathering quests to make sure you're running around exploring and not getting immediately thrown under the bus hunting something too dangerous and quick for you yet.

In MH, each time you attack you're committing yourself to the attack, every single animation is slow and deliberate on purpose, if you press that button, you're committing to that action.
At the same time, depending on your weapon, tons of animations can be cancelled into a roll or some other attack, this is the basis of your mobility.

The other key element is positioning.
In your average action game you will approach something, and attack, in MH, you must approach something, position yourself in the right spot where you will want to hit in the near future, and then attack, attacking is a sort of quick, short term plan you must do in your head each time, just like you would plan out a sequence of actions in an RPG.

The bottomline is: everyone was shit at MH when they first started out, it's expected of you to be utter shit at it.
The difference is between people that give up, and people that toughen up the initial rough hurdle, and then get gud.
MH is a game of perseverance and force of will.

We get it, give the dude a break.

If you want to try again, the demo for Generations is on the eShop and it's pretty solid. It adds two major things over 3U - one is the agility of the characters. You can climb most ledges with no effort, and jumping attacks and mounting monsters to bring them down and do damage to their pieces is a big part of the game now. The other is styles, which allow you to customize the way your weapon works to a degree. I personally loved playing the slower weapons before, but have gone full Adept Dual Blades this time around because it's so much more fun being fast and able to dodge and attack back easily. I do recommend at least trying it out, it's free after all.

kirby kirby kirby thats the name of the show

I'll kick dat Kirby to tha curb.

I wish Kirby would be on steam):

The only 3D Kirby games have been Air Ride and the recent barebones minigame in Robobot though.

what power would kirby get if he ate a jew? or would he just get sick?

He clearly means in terms of graphics. That minigame is fun though, I hope they make a Deluxe version.

Doctor

It's probably a testing ground for an actual 3D Kirby, user. It had too much work put into it for me to think it's really anything else.

I hope so. There was a Kirby game in production at one point that was full 3D, but it was cancelled.

that looks so fucking cozy holy shit

I remember that, was supposed to be for Gamecube. Apparently it eventually ended up turning into Return to Dream Land, to the point where most a lot of materials/models intended for the GC game wound up in it and that bigass Dedede robot that showed up in the prerelease materials made it into RtD as a boss called HR-D3.

The Robobot minigame looks pretty damn close to that in terms of general style though, would just need to raise the camera a bit and veer it to the left so it's looking at the square straight-on and it'd be identical.

Learn from this man, for he is wise.