Dude Sex: Fanbase Divided

It's not even going to be better than HR, is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,118311/#
ca.linkedin.com/in/julien-hantz-15818a5
youtu.be/flszuT3ROdo
imdb.com/name/nm0791156/board/nest/212936418?ref_=nm_bd_1
forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136858
9-11themotherofallblackoperations.blogspot.com/2012/04/randy-quaid-is-not-only-hollywood-actor.html
neowin.net/news/david-sarifs-voice-actor-self-destructs-blaming-illuminati
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really have no opinion about this game.
Heard it caught flak for something, but what doesn't nowadays.
HR was alright. Ending was ass but I was and still am starved of that special SAC flair.

The game has definitely gotten a lot of shit, but only time will tell how good or bad it will be. That said, I'm pretty sure HR was a fluke since it seemed the devs had a small understanding of the source material to work with. Who wants to bet the ending will be a hook to a remake of the original?

I have no idea. They haven't shown too much gameplay, have they?

All gameplay so far looks pretty mediocre really. It's a shame but it's just totally off my radar because of a genuine lack of interest. I'll check it out when it's out, but probably won't buy it. At the very most, it will be a price reduced, on-sale scenario.

That depends:
Is your preorder augmented?

All we've seen is some new aug powers which jensen Had All Along!1!! and make this game seem more like Crysis with every waking moment. There's some new settings and story stuff like Prague and aug terrorists who dindu nuffin, but it all seems so moot to me after how mediocre everything was handled in HR. The only thing that could get me hyped is actual LGS-style level design, but the footage suggests otherwise. It might be slightly better considering they can learn from HR's mistakes, but I won't be able to tell because >denuvo

Didn't they knock that shit off after everyone told S-E how retarded that was?

In the trailer a mob was holding a sign that said 'Aug lives matter' so BLM retards assumed it was making light of their dumb movement.

It will at least be as bad as HR and probably worse

looks like fucking shit from the gameplay vids I've seen

I've seen this being thrown around but no actual quotes from the devs about this.

I agree with everything but

I thought it gave a nice atmosphere. I think I might be the only one in the word who actually liked it.

Your watersports fetish aside, surely you can't say it was better than how dark and moody the original was.

They did.

Last one was breddy alright so I might get it, as long as it doesn't have any communist garbage in it.

but the original looks like shit now

New main character is a prototype from the D Project who thinks he's Adam from HR. Self destruct was the canon ending, so only the Illuminati know what happened on Panchaea and this is how they're getting away with the new VA for Sarif (It's not actually him, new-Adam only thinks it is).
Think Venom from TPP.

Also I just spoiled the end of the game. :^)

Leave.

The original looked like shit when it was released too.

Would play.

How jaded do you have to be to hate HR's soundtrack
That's not even true at all. That is just factually incorrect.

Why not a straight brothel?

How pleb do you have to be to think that lame imitations of the first part of the UNATCO theme make for a good soundtrack?

You colorblind?

It's a great movie score, but an absolutely bland full soundtrack, with only one motif to play off of.

I don't really see how they can fuck it up, they'll probably just touch up all the things mainstream journos didn't like about HR.

00:18

I guess i have to actually pre-order it because denuvo?

From E3 it looked pretty fucked up.

No slavs cracked it.

Why wouldn't it be?

It's literally just HR again but with visual and gameplay improvements.

You shouldn't advertise your bad taste, user. If you're looking for true-but-controversial, Invisible War did the story of the original far better than the original.

Call Malik in for air support. So this confirms ALIVE.

It's shaping up to be sort of the same game, just more/bigger. They're going for quantity, not quality. Not optimistic about it being more true to Deus Ex than HR was, possibly less even, but it'll probably be okay, worth playing if you like stealth and "stealth" and upgrading and exploring shit.

I want to believe.

Signs aren't good. I trust they have fixed the XP imbalance and boss fights. The gun customization and ammo options are a plus too.

I say this as someone who loves HR, despite its problems.

smh tbh fam

Maybe in the 75% of the script that was obviously thrown in the trash, the parts we see have nothing to do with the original and you should feel bad for thinking they do.

Best girl alive. Also confirmed for future D&C trolls mad about sandnegress in videogames.

There's the understatement of the century.
The entire original game was about conspiracies fucking with society and eachother in a fight over who got to be the next guy holding the puppet strings of the worlds rulers from the shadows. It had aliens being engineered in area 51, government sponsored terrorists, AI's listening in on every phone call in the world and so on.

HR had some crazy dude who made aug technology driving nearly every single augs on the planet into a violent psychosis, because he was afraid someone might try to use this tech to drive people insane.
His solution to "someone might try to use the tech to control augmented people" was to "develop a means to control augs with the very people he is afraid will abuse said technology, and then create a worst case scenario".
Its like if openheimer, out of fear of the destructive power of the nuclear bombs he has developed, started making more nukes and detonating them at random in major cities, in order to make the public aware of how terrible his nukes are…
Also, your GF is a manipulative whore and the game desperately needs an option for you to blow her brains out after you read her personal computer when you come to rescue her and the other scientists…
I get the themes they are going for with societies treatment of aug's = shit black people have to put up with and all that. I bet they'll do that shit way better than Skyrim ever handled racism. Even if you play as a thieving bastard of a Khajiit, noone will ever comment on your race other than the guards outside whiterun first time you go there, and they hassle everyone, not just khajiits
But is a game about evil government conspiracies putting weird shit in the public water supply really the best place to investigate these themes? HR already got so lost in the "is an aug still human" philosophy crap it forgot to develop its actual plot. They barely even mentioned the Illuminati or Majestic 12, which considering that these guys are the fucking badguys, is a bit of an oversight. You never have any real reason to question the motives of your boss, as the game refuses to let you learn what that hidden backdoor in the company's computer was actually for the super secret illuminati council of shadows thing of course or actually learn anything about their organisation. You start the game as an unknowing pawn, go through the game without the ability to follow all the leads they throw the player, and end the game a pawn, without any real under standing of what is actually going on. This isn't a cool conspiracy to unravel, its just bad and lazy writing. And if MD is going to be anything like HR, it will only go further from the games roots, of conspiracy crazyness and tinfoilhattery.

I'll probably get it when it drops in price. HR wasn't amazing but it's one of the few games over the last 6 years that I've actually finished.

It will be good! Just look at the Steam Top Sellers chart overflowing with gamers augmenting their preorders.

It's going to burn through people's wallets! Just you wait, OP!

You're gonna burn alright.

Nope, you've missed something important. With the right dialogue and the social enhancer, you can find his true motivation: Hugh Darrow is jealous and resentful because he invented the augmentation technology to fix his own crippled leg, but then he found that he is genetically incompatible with that kind of technology.

How?

"Important" is a stretch

It doesn't change a thing. He may have resentment and jealousy towards augmented, but that doesn't change his goal, keeping the the Illuminati from being able to control the minds of every augmented person on the planet, namely. And he still went about that in the single most retarded way possible. By helping the illuminati develop this very technology.
Nor does it change that the game still barely ever touches on this stuff outside of that one discussion with Darrow at the end. Its pretty much the closest it gets to the actually conspiracy stuff that should be the meat of the game's plot.

I personally liked HR.
It was better than IW

I love her and she is fictional

No.

It's going to be pretty much the same. I'd like to think that the levels will at least be bigger and more detailed but asking current gen consoleshit to do better than previous gen consoleshit in any regard is probably unreasonable.

I could write an essay shitting on HR and how it fades compared to 1. Still it's decent 7/10 game and worth at least one playthrough if you're Deus Ex fan. DLC boat mission was shit tho.

I enjoyed it for the most part.

Get out.

Though on the topic, what does Holla Forums think of Invisible War? I really enjoyed it, I was younger when it came out but I remember it being good. The graphics for the time were pretty decent and it had a physics engine (picking up and throwing stuff).

It was pretty impressive to me at the time.

>has the fucking audacity to tell me to get out

That would be pretty great, you fool.

Slavs only cracked some games.

If you knew how Denuvo worked, apart from just pirating the latest crack, you'd know that Denuvo is game-by-game in it's encryption, hence why they cracked some games on release and other took weeks; some gaes have similar encryption and others don't.

That being said, they did crack 4 of the harder ones, so looks like those pesky german fuckers have to step up their game.

Absolutely 100% great.

If this is cheap I will buy this for sure.

The fact there is a teleportation power just like Blink from Dishonored.

Isn't Denuvo basically done for? They've managed to get through the encryption and don't have to rely on half-assed bypasses and shit, they have properly smashed open this turd.

But of course, the best goyim around are responsible for it, who else?

Well, he's right. IW at least has the memeteor option. It's also completely free of cover based anything and cutscene takedowns. If you prefer Gears Of Dudesex to a real Deus Ex game you're the one lacking taste.

It's better than HR that's for sure, but that's just how games have fallen. HR really pissed me off in that not all areas were accessible unless you had a specific augmentation, that's not Deus Ex.

Also, the levels may be claustrophobic but remember how empty the hub world with the entrance to the convention centre was in HR, just walk down a road for two minutes, at least we aren't IW, amirite?

As for being a more simulation based game, you can rig the gambling in the greasel pit bar if you find the apparment of the champ and plug him a few times in IW. Don't see that kind of interactivity in HR.

please do not

Was HR even good

The what now ? How would that fit in the game ?

Yes, with a gigantic "but" followed by several explanation, mostly having to do with the fact that you can feel and even sometimes see for yourself how the game got gigantically fucked during development, there was a great game in the making probably as deep and full of greatness as the first that got cut in half, and then cut again.
Play with the Devs commentary and about 50% of the comments are "At this point you were supposed to do X in location Y but our funding got cut when we were 90% finished".

If you put aside the cut content that leave the game with a mess of a last third act it's still solid as far as modern streamlined games goes gameplay wise, although too easy and failed at justifying alternative play styles, aggressive stealth is just plainly better than any other style, some of which may even lock you out of side content due to failing to reward enough EXP. And there were several options missing at release like non-combat options for bosses.

If you can pirate it or grab the director's cut on a sale you could do worse than playing it.

Plot missed the point of the early games, delving into ethics of augmentation and its effects on societ, all high sci fi stuff, but it did so at the expense of all the conspiracy stuff that made the original game. In essence they could have made HR its own franchise instead of trying to bolt it onto the Deus Ex franchise, and it would have been one of the best games of its entire generation.
The gameplay in decent, the sneaking works, the run and gun shooting, less so, and the takedown cut scenes are jarring and break immersion and flow.
The same goes for gun mods. Some of the end game guns are a lot of fun, but you just never get enough ammo to make plasma rifles and the laser cannon useful.
So in short, gameplay is fun sneaky stuff, lots of cyberpunk goodness in the ghost in the shell vein and its decently written with the interesting conversation boss fights to break things up. Doubly so for the conversations since they never play the same way twice, so you need to stay on your toes and actually think about what you are saying.
The actual boss fights are a bit too easy though. I used a laser cannon to end the last bossfight in around 5 seconds, fist time I fought it. It felt like the game was blueballing me, setting me up for a big epic showdown, only for the boss to die before the monologuing was even over…

So overall? Go for it, pirate or buy, your choice, but you should definitely try it if you haven't. Its a good game. Shame it had to be shoehorned into god tier games franchise.

If that's actually the storyline then I'm glad you've saved me $60

I have no opinion on this game, however I like the direction they've taken for it. Imagine if people didn't complain about the "pre order to release sooner" thing, the game would have come out Last Year, in fucking November. The game would have been a fucking mess, a terrible, horrible, mess.

If it's as least as good as HR I will be satisfied. Especially now that denuvo is cucked.

kill yourself

IW is one of the first examples of a video game being ruined because of console parity.

HR's missteps are nothing compared to the wanton destruction done to Deus Ex's sequel, just to make it work on that microshit toaster.

since when releasing a game early is a good direction for a game you autist ?

IWs consolization was of the kind that, in principle, could be removed by stitching the sublevels together. Bam, proper DX with no remaining consolization effects. HR on the other hand was built around game mechanics that evolved due to control limitations of console pads. At its very core, HR is a pure console game built on console game mechanics.
You can't say the same about IW, its gameplay mechanics are no different than if it were a PC exclusive. It also has several equally valid playstyles instead of HRs only one optimal playstyle of cutscene takedown after cutscene takedown after cutscene takedown, followed by typhooning so called bosses in less seconds than a takedown cutscene would take.
And just to put the cherry on top, IW is more fun and dynamic even if played with a pad.
HR may not be bad by modern standards but IW comes from a time before shit became the established standard.
If you want to have a fair competition, pit HR against Project Snowblind. HR may be the better Deus Ex than the inofficial entry to the franchise but you'd still have a hard time convinced anyone with decent tastes that HR is the better game of these 2.

*to convince

It looks like a slightly improved Human Revolution, and I liked HR. So I'm optimistic for once.

Piss filter is gone. And HR's music was great. Other than that, you're right.

I suspect the story will be babby's first dystopian shit. Expect lazy analogies of BLM, the Holocaust etc etc. I'd like to be proven wrong on this but for all its flaws HR was at least not too on the nose.
In terms of gameplay they're still doing silly shit like giving XP for kills and pushing non-lethal but at least they're adding more non-lethal combat options. It does look as if they're trying to do more than 'front door for loud, vents for stealth' with level design but it still won't be up to the first game's quality.

HR's soundtrack isn't worthy of hate but it also isn't amazing. It's very corporate/mass-produced in comparison to DX1's or, say, VTM:B's. Technically competent and fitting but without real heart in it (which is still superior to your average AAA shit).
In fact HR as a whole is best described as very good for a AAA game.

Have you even played Invisible War? The HUD, the gunplay, the FOV, the crosshairs are all designed around being played with the Xbox controller. The standardised ammo because inventories are too hard for console kids. Even the speed at which you move. The game feels so unnatural with a mouse. Even its basic fundamentals are dumbed down for consoles.

The lead development platform was the Xbox and every aspect of the game reeks of it. The pc port is so badly coded windows thinks it's crashing when it restarts the program to load a new area.

HR on the other hand actually has pretty good gunplay. You can't really say the game was technologically handicapped in any way by being made for consoles.

And HR had a better story. Shitting on the story of the first game does not a good sequel make.

They're Austrian. :^)

Sounds like you didn't finish that quest. You do get the answer. It was a private channel for a detective to give Sarif information that he dug up on Jensen.

I liked HR a lot but MD has problems.
First off Denuvo, they dont believe the game is good enough to sell it on consumer goodwill alone.
The trailers really put me off, the lipsync was godawful yet they released footage anyway which immediately tells they're not as ready as they planned to be. The story is awful with illuminati bs, the writing is shit "lol adam has augs he didnt know about in hr, how convenient"
They're pushing diversity now, in trailers prague had A LOT of blacks like~25% even though czech is like 1% blacks today.
Not to mention the pre-order practises.

Both had unmemorable soundtracks.

stop being such a childish contrarian faggot

Fucking how.

You summed up my thoughts on DX:HR nicely. HR didn't feel like I was in control of my actions, and the ending was another fucking 'pick a color.' DX1 was about unravelling a fucking conspiracy theory and then taking control of your own destiny by having an appropriate lead-up before your choice. Like you said, I felt like a mook at the end of HR, because nothing I did during the game changed diddly squat. When I got to the room with LITERALLY 3 buttons to push, I was thinking 'That's it?'

One thing that bothered me was also the dialog. DX1's dialog was purposefully meant to feel aloof and cold. Everywhere you went, you got this feeling of apatheticness from the people. Enter HR, and all you get is Hollywood-tier sarcastic quips, bitching and a whole lot of moaning from everyone. Whoever wrote the dialog for HR was playing it way too straight.

Yeah its pretty unrealistic she's not naked and have zero cumstains on her.

Why are you doing this.

It must suck living your life.

DX1
That's just off the top of my head too.

VTM:B

Both game's soundtracks also managed to compliment them without seeming massively out of place. No matter how good a particular track is it shouldn't upstage the game as much as elevate what the game is already doing.

Out of interest what games do you consider to have outstanding OSTs?

Multiple playthroughs, both on the HUEGbox and PC. Can't say the same about HR, still can't find the motivation to complete playthrough 1. It's just too much of doing the same thing again and again and again, as you're punished for doing it any other way.
What you're complaining about isn't consolization, it's pandering to focus group retards. Newsflash: Retards aren't a console specific phenomenon, the world is full of them. Retards will have their tiny brains overburdened by inventory management even if you put a mouse in their monkey paws.
Oh, you mean the playstyle you're punished for as it means you can't find the one true path of cutscene takedowns?
Well, maybe. Dunno. If the gameplay wasn't so repetetive and one dimensional…

user she was dead before they got her.

You realize you're just setting yourself up, right?

still warm

The trailer where they showed off the level design and story options convince me that the same level of care and intricacy will be there.
Maybe it will be only just as good, but as long as there's that then I have a little faith.
Remember motherfuckers:
THE LEVEL DESIGNER FOR SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY DESIGNED HR AND MD'S LEVELS

Good design is irrelevant if it gets once again fucked by budget cuts.

[citation needed]

If that's the truth, how did the hackers know about it? Why was it kept a secret? Its not like Jensen wouldn't know about the need to run background checks on employees. As chief of security, this would be what he spends most of his time on.
And if you had read Sarifs profile you get with the social aug, you might have noticed that it he has a tendency to try and distract others when he doesn't want to tell them the truth. Like say, sending Jensen off to talk to some private investigator who knows nothing of real relevance to the games actual plot, when you press him on why he was actively helping the people who broke into the labs, and latter into the factory.
The game refuses to let the player poke into Sarifs connections to the Illuminati and their plot, in the single biggest lead in to all the conspiracy stuff the game is supposed to be about.

If anything, the whole thing just seemed like a loose end left by a major subplot getting cut from the game.

Embed related. Have you ever actually played the game, or are you just some little millenial twerp dissing on that ancient shit us old stiffs are talking about because it could never be as great as that one game you played first, even if it came late in the series?
You and your kind are the very reason why the entire industry is going down the drain.

mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,118311/#

and then

ca.linkedin.com/in/julien-hantz-15818a5

I find it a bit bland that Malik died due to a bullet to the forehead. Had they really wanted to make her death traumatizing, at least make it gruesome. Have the bullet hit her in the center of the face that leaves a smoldering wreck behind. She's probably the only person who isn't an asshole to you or with (malicious) ulterior motives. Having that taken away from you is one thing, having her die a gruesome death not only shocks the player, but will have the player feel sadness and/or rage, which could enhance the game experience. But of course they couldn't be assed to make a model for a Malik with a caved-in face because that would take too much effort

What works in a stealth game is not what works in what should be an RPG. HR thought it was a stealth/non-lethal game because that was the most commonly mentioned trait of DX1. In fact the entire game felt like it was developed by someone who had only heard DX1 described second-hand by a teenager. Not bad by any means but simply a misunderstanding of the original game's attraction.

The game also doesn't let you properly fuck up the people looting her body. Sure you can kill them on the way down but you still have to work with them later.

Didn't know about that because I saved her even though I was playing on the hardest difficulty

But yeah, HR showed promise in some regards but it dropped the ball on a lot of moments.

This is a fair criticism.
I loved playing the Pacifist route in 1/HR, but I felt almost forced into it with HR because the gunplay honestly felt like shit, and Ghosting yielded insane amounts of XP.
The AI was very wonky too, I always felt like if I wasn't abusing the invisibility option then I'd get seen by enemies who had no business noticing me from whatever range/corner.
Maybe it was just launch day issues since I never replayed it.

By no means did HR outdo DX1 but I still appreciated the level design rewarding you for poking your nose into every corner you find.

Er yeah it is consolisation. Many technological sacrifices had to be made to get the game working on that xbox pentium 3, and the developers were too lazy to make 2 separate versions of the game as in the original Deus Ex.

When you develop to the lowest common denominator, your creation suffers.

Ironically what you just mentioned applies to HR, not IW. The developers weren't restricted by technology and forced into introducing takedowns and cover-shooting. It was a design decision.

No, i mean the gunplay which is what i said. You know, the guns.

I know you could fool it by hiding behind a box you were carrying back on release. That was more hilarious than anything though.

It's competently made for what it is certainly it just isn't DX. I'm hoping I'm wrong about MD and it'll be more of HR but I seriously suspect they'll go the wrong way with it. Squeenix are, after all, fucking allergic to good business decisions.

I enjoyed HR's focus on stealth. It wasn't required any more than it was in DX 1, but it felt much more organic and intuitive than the DX 1's stealth.
DX has never been a straight RPG and it shouldn't try to. That way lies RNG stealth checks to see if the guard spots you and such. Bad times, I promise you.

My first play through of HR I went for a lethal stealth run. No alarms raised, taking extra time to explore every map and hunting down every single guard to murder them with my silenced pistol. Good times…
Until the latter levels, then the silenced pistol just couldn't kill guards with a headshot…
Point is, I didn't felt forced into making it a nonlethal run, since the Ghost bonus is for not triggering alarms, not for going non lethal.

That explains everything

HR's level design could be summed up as boxes connected to boxes through linear hallways, with each box posing some kind of individual stealth challenge. Whereas DX's level design could be described as 'boxes within boxes' where you were given any means to enter the inner box. Guess which design philosophy synergizes more with the idea of role-playing and freedom of approach.

By no means did HR outdo DX1 but I still appreciated the level design rewarding you for poking your nose into every corner you find.
Ironically, it rewards you so often with so little that the feeling of exploration becomes dull. DX also had more useful items at disposal which could be scattered in secret places, whereas in HR your rewards are usually XP, credits, ammo, occasionally some useful doodad, and sometimes a password to yet another terminal. It happened so often with such little rewards that it felt like exploration for casuls. Some restraint could be appreciated.

No shit Sherlock, really?
A design decision necessitated by the controls, which are the most defining tech difference between PC and consoles. You could remove all consolization from IW with a mod that doesn't touch the gameplay. You can't do this with HR as it's the gameplay itself that is consolized.
That are completely pointless as you're punished for ever using them, the only exception being firing them to lure enemies to a place where it's safe to initiate a cutscene takedown.

A mod can't fix IW. Its fundamentals are designed from the ground-up for a console. It's not something that can be just gaffer taped. If it could somone would have attempted it already.

What is it about HR and console technology do you think necessitated the use of press x to win takedowns? What is different between the xbox and the xbox 360 in terms of controls, anyway? I think you just defeated your own argument.

And HR still has the best gunplay of any Deus Ex game. Whether it is expedient to do so is another matter.

I always liked spoilers, I often read the entire story synopsis before playing a game.
Never has ruined a story for me so far.

Absolutely nothing, it's the changed audience. Gaming isn't for nerds anymore, it's for every retard on the planet. Retards can aim with a mouse, it's easy, they're training it every day while posting irrelevant shit on farcebook. They can't aim with a pad. That'd require training that isn't a regular part of their normalfag lifes. That's why it wasn't a problem for IW, but it was a problem for HR: Hordes of normalfags.

Forgot this:
It can be done, it'd just be a lot of work resulting in a decidedly unflashy mod for a game with little prestige.

The concept art was made long before BLM started, which makes it doubly hilarious. Once again, cyberpunk is art predicting the future.

The irony of cyberpunk is lost upon many

Let me guess, Josh McIntosh blocked him right after that reply.

They refused to answer questions about her status at PAX, so she may not be. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cameo.

I kinda liked it, it was definitely a unique look among all the brown-and-bloom, blue, and washed-out filters out there.

They'll probably cut it though, or at least tone it down like they did in the director's cut.

Elias is a pretty cool dude, autographed my spare RAID card for me.

That doesn't really explain anything, because a) HR's level design is way, way more bland and samey than Chaos Theory and b) even if it wasn't, the levels wouldn't nearly be as interesting without all of Sam Fischer's gadgets and abilities.

How are you going to mod out the level design decisions and engine limitations? Wouldn't you just be making an entirely new game at that point?

I'm sure it'll be fun

Too many niggers, both in the dev team and the game, for my tastes.

On top of MUH APARTHEID.

CT level design was indeed tighter than HR as it was built around Sam's movement and gadgets, though I was gearing at the difference between level design philosophy of LGS (such as the Thief games) and that of the Splinter Cell games, which was kind of carried over to HR. Splinter Cell's levels are indeed more linear and just don't have all those secrets and points of entry which made Thief so good, but for a game like Splinter Cell where each level was more of a puzzle of using your movement abilities and gadgets to your advantage I don't necessarily consider non-open level design automatically bad.

It's set in the future, by rights niggers should be the only thing left.

Problem with HR level design is that even your choices are railroaded. There is always an obvious stealth path, an obvious fighting path, and a social path that short-circuits both of the above.

And what's worse is how the XP system rewards any of these approaches, making the non-lethal stealth path the most optimal one to take, which mean you'll be using your knockdown ability throughout, maybe the taser if you don't have the battery, and the tranq rifle.

It's boring, especially compared to DX that reward objective competition and "extraordinary" feats of exploration.

It's also escapism (yes, even though it's a dystopia). I'm tired of niggers and their primate problems.

You would stitch the sublevels together to avoid loading screens, simply the inverse of what happened with PS2 Deus Ex. Quite pointless as the loads don't last long anymore, but you could do it. Then debug scripts and AI so they don't freak out at the new larger undivided levels, maybe even work across the former sublevel boundaries. Then realize there's no chance in hell all this work will lead to any industry job as you can't showcase new art you've done as there isn't any, your new experience with UE2 is absolutely worthless because the engine is outdated and the most praise you'll get is "Huh, wonder why this wasn't like this at release."
It won't happen but it could be done. Maybe there's someone out there who's bored to death and misses working in the industry somewhat, but not enough to jump back into crunchtime for shit pay and the other horrors being a dev entails, but it's unlikely. Not because it's undoable or even hard, but because there's just no motivation to do it.

If I'm remembering right, there was a similar mod for Thief: Deadly Shadows.
Right, nobody bothered to make one for Invisible War because nobody cares about Invisible War.

Well, not nobody, but the normalfag hivemind has heard everywhere that you should skip it and just play Cutscene Takedown: The Typhooning. Just like the normalfag hivemind loves Bioshock 1 and 3 and hates the game set between them without ever trying it.

Well, I meant nobody besides you.

In many if not most missions there is no "social" approach, just a little shortcut or something at best. You can't beat the game by just talking to people. Social is like hacking, it doesn't get you past the actual stealth/combat sections of the levels. The police station is the one big exception where you really can just walk right in and take what you want if you ace the convo.

While I'm certainly not the only human with decent taste on this beautiful dirtball that's still depressingly close to the truth.

(off by one)

nigs gonna nog.

People are going to get fed up with this shit real soon.

This years E3 was basically "We wuz ".

Every Deus Ex game has medium-sized maps with locations close to each other. That isn't an argument.

They originally had her all fucked up, but it was censored for the japanese version, and they decided to keep it across the board.

It'll never be as good as the first game

This is new to me.

Hes pretty fun guy actually
youtu.be/flszuT3ROdo

It's the exact opposite, user. He also called out the faggots complaining about the mechanical apartheid after Matouba stood up to the critics.

And me, IW is better than HR.

I suggest you play them again because you are wrong.

Oh, how so?

That's not saying much, and no it isn't

Posting shitty OC

Sure it is. We making contentless shitpost replies now?

Okay then I'll post mine too

Human Revolution was good. It wasn't as good as the original, but it stood up on its own as a really solid, enjoyable, albeit flawed game. I've completed it twice, and I would complete it a third if I wasn't a wageslave.
Mankind Divided looked like dog shit from the first trailer, however.

As long as I can pirate it, it'll still be a good weekend passtime.

How much they can fuck up Deus Ex after HR?

You mean 2 right?

There's a clear difference in level design philosophy between HR and DX. DX had you infiltrate one place with multiple ways of going about it, whereas HR is pretty much a linear sequence of layouts to traverse stealthily through more suitable to a game like Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, rather than being an actual place. Tell me, does any level in HR have the same amount of paths you could take such as levels like the Liberty Statue, NSF Warehouse, Cathedral, VersaLife, Dockyard, and so on? The only example that comes close is the Police HQ, by allowing a hidden external entrance through the vents, sewer entrance, social path, and just your usual stealth and combat options. Sadly no other level in the game seems to come close.
HR's levels to the original are what Hitman Absolution was to Blood Money. Heck, even Dishonored nailed the LGS level design philosophy better than HR did, to name a modern example.

I don't get your point. Where did I put Deus Ex and HR at the same level?

What I meant to say is they fucked up everything on HR, so I'd be surprised if they manage to screw up this one even further.

I wasn't replying to you?

I didn't realize how beloved HR was to some people until recently, weird.

Its successor is rapidly nearing release. The implications are obvious.

It is, I've played through it.

I don't know, they don't go into detail about it. How do hackers normally figure out that kind of thing? Scanning for open ports or something, I guess.

Megan figured out that Adam must have been a bioengineered human. Presumably Sarif wanted that information kept secret, both for personal confidentiality and because it was a trade secret–Adam's genes were going to be used as a way of allowing augmentations to be integrated without requiring drugs.

It was a lot more than a simple background check.

It was done before he was hired on. Megan started fucking Adam before he went to work for Sarif. She's revealed to be a manipulative bitch, so she probably only tried to meet him because she had already learned about a test-tube baby, and tracked him down.

Sarif doesn't send you after the PI. Pritchard finds out who it is on his own, and gives you an address.

True. Although, from the hints we're given, it seems like Sarif knew about them, and they were trying to recruit him, but he resisted. Which was probably what caused the raid in the beginning of the game.

Neat. Thanks, user.

You don't work with them. Belltower mercs are the ones who ambush you and Malik. The ones you work with later are Tong and his harvesters.

I hated the piss filter when the game came out. But when they removed it for the Director's Cut, I realized that the art was actually designed for it, and looked somehow worse without it. If they had just done the gold look in native lighting, rather than relying on a filter, they could have avoided the problem entirely. It seems like that's the approach they're taking with Mankind Divided–the aug ghettos are gold-lit, and the other areas aren't. Also, neat autograph.

There was never any hope

I said looting user, not killing.

Oh. Sorry.

I actually had 'killed' in there until I remembered. Fuck Belltower, niggers get shot every time I see them for trying to kill my waifu.

Thats just it. Sarif gives you the files that can lead you to the PI if you beat in him the convo. That's where you learn about Adam being engineered.
The info was on Adam, why he got fired and who his parents where. Its a basic background check for someone who's being head hunted for a sensitive position. That they did it before hiring him is interesting only from a "was megan maybe involved in adam's creation" kind of deal. Other than that, it was just headhunting a guy to run security for a company that needed a private army to defend it.
As such, the PI isn't something that requires a way to completely circumvent all corporate firewalls, just to deliver a few files, let alone that such a line be left open.
The real question is why Sarif needed a network line, around his own firewalls, to keep someone who wasn't working at the company from reading in on his confidential stuff, when said PI could have just handed him the files in person.

And this one access line hidden so deep even the system administrator who had been running the network for over a year, never even suspected it might exist, just happens to get used by terrorists who are attacking the company. Twice. By different hackers. Who where both working for the Illuminati…
That's not a coincidence.
That PI and the background check is just a distraction Sarif sends you on when you start prying into his private line to the Illuminati shadow council.

ReMAKE should be fine. ReBOOT is where we need to start worrying.

I got the impression that the digging was more than a simple background check. Background checks are usually just criminal records, employment history, and verifying education or other qualifications. This was digging into his parents' history, comparing their DNA to his, etc.

Megan's not old enough to have been involved in his creation. It's interesting because Megan basically just wanted him close by so she could have him closer to the lab. She used his DNA to develop her no-drugs-needed augmentation method.

Sarif didn't have one. Pritchard said he should hire a mercenary company, but he didn't.

Eh, that's debatable. Sarif wanted to keep it secret, because it was probably illegal and because Adam's origin and DNA was a trade secret (that even Adam was unaware of), so meeting with the PI face-to-face is probably a no-go. You wouldn't want him showing up in the office and people asking questions about it–and a rich guy like Sarif definitely isn't going to go skulking in alleys. It would have made more sense to get physical deliveries by courier.

Once. The Dutchman discovered it. Then Pritchard found the Dutchman's traces, which also led him to the same discovery.

Sarif was never working for the Illuminati, he frequently resisted them and refused to join them. I don't really know why, though. I do agree that the game should have given us more information on his interactions with them.

Megan is far more involved with Jensen's genes than just "he has interesting DNA, I'll just start fucking him and get him a job near my lab for conveniences sake". She may not have been one of the people who made him, but she knew too much about him not to have any connections to them.
Sarif got himself those heavily armed inhouse security guys who all answer to Adam instead of hiring mercs. They are a private army he likely got because he suspected those attacks where on their way and any security company he hired would be controled by the illuminati. This is why they got that spec ops team to kidnap the scientists instead of having it done by the company's security.
And the background check, is in line with the kind of indepth background check you'd want to do on guy you want to run your future personal army. Especially you are paranoid about Illuminati plants. But why is a courier Sarif can trust a problem? Or having the PI show up as Sarif's office to drop off files for a routine personel background check?
And no really, the backdoor was used in the first attack on the lab AND the second attack on the factory. But the Dutchman was, if my memory serves, only involved in the latter. Someone else was the hacker when the researchers got kidnapped.
And why would Sarif be working for the illuminati while they are trying to sabotage him? Office politics and factional infighting within the illuminati. Maybe page is trying to undermine Sarif's position? Maybe he's tasked with being the loyal opposition in some internal struggle. The answer is why it would be so damned interesting what Sarif really needed that line for and why the Illuminati knew about it.

I have really bad feeling about the sequel, trailers are really weird and meh. seems like creators dont know what to do with game anymore
shame since HR was alright

HR was honestly a pretty good game by itself.
Of course if you're comparing it to the original it falls flat, but what games don't?

I'd be content if the new game was on par with HR, since it's clear that the first game being so good was an accident, and will probably never be replicated.

Project Snowblind is pretty good gameplay-wise, even if it isn't canon

It crashes like a bitch on Win7 though. So much so I couldn't actually complete the fucking game.

your standards were just lowered by the stream of diareah that games nowadays are

HR is a 6/10 game at best

Make yourself at home, Boss.

I can't figure out how to make a transparent vector in Gimp

I never played Deus ex. I love fps games, but I don't really like RPGs, probably the only one I liked was Gothic. Would you still recommend it to me knowing that ?

The plot is going to suck, but I will wait for the game to release to see if the gameplay is anything good.

DXHR, yes. The original, probably, but you might not like it too much. It's not overly RPGish.

I'll try the first one tomorrow.

Here's some recent gameplay.
Half-Life: Mankind Divided

Why the hell are people so scared of people with augmentations that they have to make them go in separate BATHROOMS? That's beyond silly.

Why were people scared of Google Glass?

I'll be interested to see if the writing can stay in a grey area or if they partake in the koolaid like every other game now of days.

Also, I've been thinking about picking up HR again but I had a friend tell me I was playing it completely wrong. Am I supposed to be trying to avoid any fight possible? I thought I was supposed to fight from time to time but he told me I should be using my guns only as an absolute last resort.

Ever heard of apartheid?

holy shit, the new chick is ayy as fuck

You get more exp. for going non-lethal and being stealthy than running around shooting guys, so that could be what he was talking about.

People were scared of Glass? I think it could have something to do with being able to peep at the person you were looking at, but beside that I had no idea.

I did, though from what I heard it was because of whites establishing superiority over blacks because they felt superior, rather than shitting themselves over literally superior people who collectively went mad once and then treat them like animals out of fear that they'll do it again.

is it more fun to play that way? I'm tempted to do what he did and put it on the hardest difficulty and do a non lethal run.

There's not really much of a reason to go non-lethal aside from bonus XP, HR is more suitable for aggressive stealth. In non-lethal you'll just be taking down people or using the stungun when you're out of juice, with lethal stealth you can at least headshot most guards in the first half in the game undetected. The game is easy regardless of how you play, aside from going full combat.

It was for me, at least.
If you really think you'll like it, give it a try, but like said, it's not a hard game no matter what style you play.

Non-lethal really is more fun. Headshotting an enemy gets old after the XXX time you do it, but trying to plan routes to non-lethally take down enemies is actually pretty refreshing. At least, until you get to the shitshow that was the final chapter.

gotcha, reinstalling it now. I appreciate the advice.

Good. A non-lethal takedown is always the best approach. Remember that we're cops, JC.

The real challenge in the final chapter was that one bridge. and the canonical self destruct ending that made the entire nonlethal point pointless, since you kill everyone in pangea anyway by collapsing it

ya niggas like s. korean bitches?

Anons are lying saying on the thread Malik`s death is canon

Is Paul canon dead?

Imagine you took a game that wasn't all that challenging to begin with what with the ability to turn invisible and see through fucking walls etc. and added in things like:
amoung others.

I think it would all be great in the right environment aka a sandbox game or some kind.
Maybe something like Farcry.
Maybe a game that actually utilizes the abilities in neat ways beyond getting strength augmentation to lift a soda machine so you can climb in another fucking man-sized vent.

What? I though everyone was making fun of it because it looked so riddiculous and was barely usable, at least thats what I was doing.

Yes, and strangely made herself black since she was in DE: The Fall.

Oh wow…

I really don't know if I'm just negative or if this looks like HR but with all the personality and fun sucked out. The new additions to the cover mechanic also look pretty bad.

I didn't get very far in DXIW because it's garbage, but from what I've read there's no mention of him, so unless they make another sequel I don't think it'll matter.

Speaking of which, I wonder how long they'll be able to make HR sequels, considering these are still supposed to take place before DX1.

The amount of lore rape in this video alone hurts. What the fuck happened.

They'll probably go as far as to "reboot" it, as what's happened with DOOM and likes.

Honestly for a series thats built around conspiracies and hidden agendas, it makes sense to reboot the series every entry so there's a new conspiracy to discover every game

I don't know why but it's these two things that currently irk me the most, haven't gotten to the actual gameplay segment yet though.

I still think I'm gonna love this game though, with all these gameplay videos it really looks like an upgraded HR, and that's all I wanted

I don't like the redesign they gave the Tranq Rifle or the Stun Gun

The look like lethal weapons now, what the fuck.

It looks like a reskin of the sniper rifle from HR.

Yeah thats why I don't like it.
They both had really neat reload animations too and I'm pretty sure they were both replaced as well.

I really wish they'd done that for MD.

I loved the reload animation for the stun gun in HR. It's a shame they redesigned it to look more generic.

fuuuck this looks bad, why fuck up with decent startup HR did

fucking hell, I hope they just wanted to show off as much kit as possible in the gameplay video, because this looks way too easy and casualised

Also, why are the guys shooting at books? Wouldnt it be easier just to burn them? Or at least they could have used a better animation for it because in the video the guys shoot at one particular book on a shelf and then walk away

to be honest the promotional videos for HR didnt look promising either and at least this time they got rid of the piss filter

He's resurrected somehow and then you have to choose to kill him or not kill him

Augmented rape erections

Why not just use a gun?

>during the entire gameplay section there is not a single moment where the camera movement ISN'T unnaturally smooth this is slightly reminding me of the way The Last Of Us did their pre-release footage, where Naughty Dog even animated an enemy dying and had the person playing the game shoot the guy at the right time to make it look like it was the shot that killed him

Let's also not forget the fact that you can also use the taser aug without having to aim it, it just takes out the entire room through magical projectiles

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love a visually upgraded DX too. But this IS Square Enix we're talking about. To them, "remake" means "change core mechanics", see FFVII's remake

FUCK THIS GAME

I noticed that, that really sucks ass. Sarif's original VA was so cool to listen to

DROPPED

Aaaaadam!

>you gain brouzouf exp

I don't want this game to be shit, but the early signs sure are bad.

I really didn't like the design of the tranq rifle in HR. The gas bottle looks like it'll snap off if you go prone with it the wrong way.

what a shame it really starts to smell like shit already

Any good mods for HR or HRDC?

I don't think HR has any mods at all aside from your usual ENBs.

Fuck not again. Errant Signal had a great line in his HR review. 'So augmentation is an allegory for racial discrimination? for pro-choice? for LGBT rights? for feminism? etc'

It's not JUST conspiracies/agendas. Look at the name of the game. It's about messianic, esoteric conspiracies with ancient origins.

If you're not equipped or interested in going that far, then the developers should set up a new franchise. Because–
Don't belong anywhere near this franchise.

It`s just me or the plot for HR was forgetful as fuck, all I remember was the ultimately bad guy, the one that invented the drug that allows augs, was a whinny butthurt bitch that tried to TAKE OVER THE WORLD because he didn`t fit or whatever

Then you are fighting some half machine half human women on the size of a room or some shit, when you win you decide if you hide the truth or not or something

The girl you liked was with the bad guys all along at least in ideology, and then later she joins what would be essentially the precursors of the Majestic 12, I think

that and the DNA of the main character was the basis for the Denton brothers or some shit

>ENTERING RESTRICTED ZONE
The more I watch the lower my expectations for this game become. Seeing this preview makes me think they make HR a half good game only by accident.

"You remember the name of my super secret book, right?"
"I remember it's red."
And then they hold your hand, spoon feed you, chew for you, wipe your ass for you, and tie your shoes. This game looks like utter shit.

The plot largely feels inconsequential because the characters feel inconsequential. Good characters have motivations, and those motivations are what move the viewer/player. Writers think adding all kinds of cool shit like apartheid, clones and aug is material enough for a good story, but the truth is without any good characters you have little reason to care about anything that doesn't involve you.

Most characters in HR are flat-out boring or don't ever change. Good characterization is what made the break-out from the UNATCO bunker so enthralling as you met all the characters who previously helped you on your mission, and were fun to talk to. If you were to escape from an underground bunker beneath Sarif HQ into the HQ itself, there simply wouldn't be enough characters aside from Pritchard, Sarif and perhaps Margoulis to make the situation feel unique.

You just max out the cloak and run from cover to cover. On easier difficulties (in director's cut), you don't even have to worry about your candy bar supply. The only highlight is Malik's crash.

Also the characters in HR were pretty basic even when you understood their motivations, the only thing you know about Taggart in the end is that he is controlled opposition and not much else, even though he plays a significant role at the end of the game.

To be fair, some of that shit could be turned off in HR as well.

People were so put off by it that cafes and resturaunts and such started to put bans on them altogether. I could definitely see something similar start to happen with more "integrated" technologies.

And the bosses are doing it for the money as far as the player knows. They crippled Jensen, but they were just doing their job. Jensen wasn't law enforcement, he was a corp merc and he has no problem killing/crippling other corp merc. No reason to really give a shit.

I heard someone got it early and its better than HR.

So it's basically Mega Man X3 then.

I always understood the name to mean that your character basically decides the fate of whatever, which is ultimately what happens.

if you want a challenge DON'T TURN THOSE AUGS ON

the fuck, you're literally bitching about nothing.

There are good reasons to ban Google Spyware from your premises though.

The game is baby mode even with no augs, what the fuck are you talking about? Is this seriously what you consider to be a "challenge"?

Minimum Requirements

OS: Windows 7.1 SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

There's a good reason to ban any fag using accessories like google glass from your premises.

What about when the spyware is implanted in people's skulls?

Then they can fuck off until they rip it out

bets are it's going to be enhanced with "novidya ™ Goyworks ™"

No dipshit. You can pretend that normalfags are the reason why no one likes your consolized trash, while pretending you're some old fag for trashing newer consolized trash. Invisible War is absolute trash with no redeemable features whatsoever. You're little conspiracy doesn't apply anywhere when for the longest time before Human Resources came out, everyone shat on the game for reasons that other user described.

If this where 6 years ago, we'd fucking laugh you out of halfchan for being a literal console loving retard. Go back to whatever hole you came from and stay there you stupid nigger.

55 GB

These hacks can't ever fucking compress their assets. Games shouldn't be this fucking LARGE for so little content

HR ran like shit even at the recommended requirements because of some weird bug with the mouselook anyway, took like ten workarounds to fix it. Not much hope for my 750 to run this.

probably to reduce load on consoles cause they would already be struggling to run this game and would not be able to handle decompressing the files.

Pretty sure it's an AMD partnered game.

Apparently he's been blacklisted from hollywood for a while, there was something where his son and wife were threatened and he tried to speak up about it. Plus a bunch of people thought that the fruit fly video was serious

pirates btfo ;)

Calling it now, it is not going to work at all like COD:AW on my system. I can't even get past the intro cutsceen no matter which release/version number I pick. Also added bonus, it locks up my Windows 7 install, what fun.
The very first attempt was the best it ever got. Shure Black Ops 3 was unstable but eventually I was able to get it to be fully stable.

is denuvo confirmed for the new dude sex?

most likely.

Has it been infected?

Yeah that's on one level. The thing to know is that the original writers were basically part time conspiritards, aware of virtually every theory.

I mean all that stuff was swirling around, lying just beneath the surface of the original games. Where as the new developers are more like normalfags–trying to imitate the conspiratorial world.

I hope they just move on after this game and leave the franchise alone.

oh yes

I think it comes down to that even the existance of conspiracies is far out enough for modern audiences. For conspiratards you need to go deeper than old men running the world.

If Deus Ex actually touched upon the issue of augmentations being quietly used as government or corporate spyware then that would be nice. I don't expect it to happen though.

Well it's not just that, the first game also used real-life conspiracies instead of making their own and then just adding random words from real life. HR went with the latter and simply took the image of the elite and just went "lol Bilderberg, Illuminati and the Masons are 100% the exact same thing" so they could mention them all without actually going into any depth.

If they didn't when RFID chips were still a huge topic of discussion, I doubt they would now.

oh the joys of console games

jesus christ delete that low quality shitty webm and replace it with this

They did. It was heavily implied since they could have parts of them turned off and on again.

good thing you can't go prone

Of course its going to be utter shit. Instead of going back to the interesting story of the original that is focused on conspiracy theories (a lot of which are factual history as well), the story is "muh oppressed cyborgs, go kill da raycists!"

Wasnt HR only 8?

SOMEONE GOT THE GAME EARLY AND IS STREAMING

Director's Cut was like 20

These bloated, unoptimized file sizes are not acceptable. Especially for us console plebs. The PS4 comes with ~400 GB of usable HDD space and every fucking game is ~50 GB plus 10 GB day one patches to add the rest of the game the devs forgot to make before printing the disc. Then you delete games to make space because your HDD is full with only ~7 games, and when you want to go back and replay the game you deleted you have to redownload all that shit again. Fuck. I mad.

they don't call me the trojan horse for nothing

Isn't the lead writer for this game a black guy? It's definitely starting to show.

WE WUZ AWGS AND SHEEEEEEIT=

He was also the guy who wrote SHEEIT CAPN apparently.

i liked that character

Remember that marketing showed off HR as a shitty fps game. Everyone wrote it off until they played it. I haven't watched any promos for this one because I learned my lesson on the last one I'll pirate it with an open mind. I hope it'll be good.

So did I, but people pounced on them for the way she talked. Kinda predictable, but I think it made sense given her character.

ITS EVERYTHING
MULTI LANE PANDERING

fuck this trend
gonna wait for R.G repack.
I bet its the 4K cutscenes or something making all that size

MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WERE KILLED AT THE END OF HR by augs. when their chips fucked with there minds.

its most likely commentary on post 9/11 US

We don't really see all the carnage happening in Panchea or at the credits scene of HR, so I guess it'd be understandable if everyone reacted that harshly against augs. Did nobody stop to consider the idea that it all happened because of Darrow as he is the true culprit while all the other augs dindu nuffin, or was it canonically never known that Darrow was behind it all?

Fucking this. I really doubt it's any kind of a social justice allegory, and they're only calling it mechanical apartheid 'cause it sounds cool.

wat? did you even play it? its a shitty console fps btw so the gameplay is trash by default

It's set in the same world as Deus Ex, albeit a non-canon one

Privacy concerns mostly. You could record people in public without the overtness of pointing a phone camera at them.

It looks like they really streamlined the art direction and made the story one sided. I guess we'll see when it actually releases. Also, is it just me or is the dialogue a lot worse this time around?

can someone download this for me and reup it on mega just in case, wanna watch more to see if it's worth playing at all

It was initially intended to be a direct sequel to Invisible War but they changed it near the end into being its own thing

no its Full Audio 7.1 for : English, French,Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian

I wish more games would be like MS5 you choose the language in the settings and it just downloads that one language.

this is really starting to get crazy maybe that fucker that said you are not really Adam is right

your old boss is not the same VO this bitch is black now.

Wait, what happened now?>>10373234
Also, started the non lethal run. It's crazy how much more fun this is now. Also, any particular skills that I should go for aside from the obvious cloaking?

I don't understand why people have a hard time grasping this. Every major philosophical conversation in the original Deus Ex was not meant to convey a single coherent message to the players, but rather to offer various points of view that the player might not otherwise consider. That's part of what makes it so good.

If it were up to these retards, every game would be a circlejerk with comedically evil bad guys who just parrot strawmen representations of whoever the developers hate

There's almost no info out there, but his wife and kid were threatened, he spoke up about it, and ended up on a blacklist. It's doubly hard to find info because some conspiracy site picked it up and decided it was related to ancient satanic rituals.

geez, that's some weird shit.

Oh, and pick up the skill for double takedowns. There are enough times that you'll come upon dual guards to make it worthwhile.

Maybe, but they never give us that info, unfortunately.

The second attack was just Zeke being a retarded dindu. His brother Isaias was involved in the first attack (by removing the kidnapped scientists' implants), but there's nothing to indicate that the hostage crisis was an Illuminati thing. It was too incompetently done.

They were sabotaging him because he wouldn't work with them. This was all before Page purged everyone and tried to take over.

As with anything on the internet, take this purely at face value.

imdb.com/name/nm0791156/board/nest/212936418?ref_=nm_bd_1

forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136858

Here's a conspiracy page:
9-11themotherofallblackoperations.blogspot.com/2012/04/randy-quaid-is-not-only-hollywood-actor.html

Another odd page, with links to old Holla Forums archives, seeming to take his fruit flies video seriously:

neowin.net/news/david-sarifs-voice-actor-self-destructs-blaming-illuminati

You're playing Director's Cut, right?

Battery regen and cloaking efficiency should be your top priority, followed by heavy lifting and hacking up to about level 3 (you rarely find level 4 terminals, and auto hacks are pretty cheap and plentiful) After that, it is a free for all, but I would also look into the high jumping, as well as turret/robot hacking for boss fights, and maybe the silent running and jumping if you want to maximize your cloak. Conversation enhancer can make things much easier if you don't have a complete guide on how to deal with negotiations, so put that higher on the list if you don't feel confident in those.

Will do

I'll have to go through it, it's crazy he would get blacklisted, but I guess Hollywood has always been shadey. Bit ironic there's a real life conspiracy involving a guy in a game about conspiracies.

Nah, playing the vanilla version. I've heard from a few people that it's better than the Directors Cut and I've had it since launch, so I just thought I'd reinstall it and give it another go. I'll keep those upgrades in mind tho and I appreciate the advice.

HURR DURR I'M RETARDED

The only thing that makes it better is the removal of the piss filter, which can be restored anyway with SweetFX and some mod if you happened to like it. Director's Cut has better textures, a few tweaks, NG+, and totally reworked boss fights that let you stealth/hack your way through instead of having to take bosses head-on. Pirate the director's cut and play that instead.

If it's vanilla, you can put the robot/turret hacking off till you get to the second hub area. Might want to invest in EMP protection for the final boss too.

Are you saying i'm wrong, or are you saying it's an obvious point? He asked for advice, and I told him what I just did in my last playthrough.

Oh, and keep at least one lethal weapon on you at all times, upgrade the shit out of it, and in china, grab a spare you don't mind losing. Bosses take a fair amount to take down, and if you haven't been spoiled already, there is an encounter where you will be out of your element if you've been non-lethal. Heavy Typhoon is an option if you REALLY need to get passed it. If you take that, you can pretty much ignore the robot hacking skill.

No, the lead writer is a white woman, the same one who wrote Human Revolution. The black guy was the one who came up with the term "Mechanical Apartheid," I think.

decision made to stop pirates or something. really retarded

Our relationship is augmented.