What did you guys think of this game?

What did you guys think of this game?

I recently beat it. I'm not a huge fan of the type of shooter where you need to keep out of fire as much as possible because you get chewed up extremely fast and can't reasonably avoid the projectiles, but I thought it was well done. Good aliens and atmosphere with some fairly interesting, if often pretty awkward, weapons. I guess it's because of online multiplayer but I always thought it was incredibly stupid that other shooters never adopted quick select rings with pause in single player so you could actually use a ton of different weapons at once instead of being held back for no good reason.

Wonder how good the coop campaign for the game is and how good the online multiplayer was. Apparently you could have 40 players at once in the multiplayer.

Boring corridor shooter with Press X.

It certainly isn't much different than the average console shooter but I have no idea what you mean by "Press X". Only QTEs in the game are if you get grabbed by one of the melee enemies.

1st one was pretty good
2nd was shit
3rd was okay

Just what changed between the games? I think I've heard people give about that same opinion on the games before.

Resistance 3 was a better Half-Life 2 than Half-Life 2 was.

The mechanic where you could get shot through walls pissed me off to no end, and the weapons sucked. The driving portions were so boring I could barely get through them.

It's shit, and if you want an objectively less shit PS exclusive , choose Killzone 3 or something.

2 was very much "CoD"ified, where you had regenerating health plus a rewriting of the backstory, no vehicle levels, etc

In 3 they started to move back towards how the first game played

pretty mediocre. the second is worse, but resistance 3 is a fantastic game.

Trash console FPS like all console FPSes

I thought all 3 ps3 parts were good games, crafted well with some memorable moments, but premise was weak and game play was average most of the time. Like asscreed, the setting environment is the strong quality, the writing the weakest.

The multiplayer was enjoyable, there was one server always on the same map (an airport I think) with insta-gib, it was probably one of the best multiplayer experience of my life, I didn't play on any other server after I found this one.

2 was bad.

3 was pretty good, the multiplayer was fun too.

It's a shame it's on console though, it's one of those game I would love to see get a "HD Collection" for PC, but it's Sony so it's impossible. I don't even know how I was able to play FPS with a controller when I was younger, I'm convinced if I tried now I couldn't even play the first level.

The standard alien assault rifle can be dodge at mid range, the auger can br dodged if you see the bullets pause as they pass through the wall.

I haven't beat it yet, but I'd say it's worth the $0.99 I paid at slavestop. Wish sony hadn't killed the servers.

im TRYING to make my way through part 2 right now.

the game isn't hard its just fucking cheap. you can only take like 4 shots before you die. some of the fire fights you can get shot and killed by something that wasn't even aiming at you.

It's pretty good. Challenging but fair difficulty, interesting weapons and good enemy & level variety sold me on it. Its multiplayer was also great.

This might seem weird to say, but I also have to say that I have yet to see a game that handles glass breaking as well as the first Resistance. The glass in this game has some pretty impressive TECHNOLOGY behind it.

2 had good multiplayer and co-op, but its single player while memorable was rather hit and miss, to say the least. 3 was good all around.

What is this even supposed to mean? It doesn't have any QTEs that I can recall.

This , plus they removed the weapon wheel if I recall correctly so you could only carry two at a time.
Oh and they took out 2 player story mode co-op in favour of some horde shit.

Online multi was sick in 1, 2 was broken by Wraith-hopping, 3 i disliked having inferior shit to my opponents/level progression but once you got stuff it was fun. I love the whole trilogy, dodging the bullseye and auger is possible at longer ranges, co-op was okay.

I just beat 2, which took a hell of a lot less time than 1. No weapon wheel and there's only one good new weapon (which is pretty much just an FPS version of a weapon that's been in multiple Ratchet games) and almost all of the other weapons are pretty boring. That goes for grenades too, nothing cool like the Backlash Grenade in 1. Having to aim for accuracy is shit and only restricts you with how it slows your movement. Sprint is garbage and just serves to make your strafing/backwards movement slow and restricts you by making it so you can't fire or reload while sprinting. Level design is fucked into being far more linear and enclosed. As said both you and the enemies die very quickly so combat becomes only about killing them as quickly possible. The bosses are scripted like crazy and pretty boring. The SUPER TOP SECRET MILITARY AGENTS dialogue and aesthetic is pretty fucking cringey and it clashes with the 1950s aesthetic. There's no skill points and the single player trophies are all shit like "kill enemies with this weapon".

I guess I've played worse but it's definitely a big step down from 1.

Yeah, at long range you can dodge projectiles but if you want to get in a good spot to shoot at them you're almost always going to be putting yourself under fire.

They made a skill point specifically for breaking glass for a reason.

These 3 games were the one good deal I found at Gamestop. They're just not selling old games for cheap.

What exactly is Wraith-hopping?

Also, when you "zoom in" with the Wraith it increases your FOV. That's kind of silly.

I enjoyed it, but I'm a little sad I'll never get to experience the multiplayer. I remember watching a friend play and I was surprised by the amount of chaos going on. Looked really fun. Oh well. At least I got to play MGO2 religiously.

Just to make sure I'm not misremembering, but the wraith was the minigun that had an energy shield as its secondary, right?

Well online multiplayer was pretty much fucked by those things because all you had to do to win vs. anyone was keep jumping and firing because the shield was so fucking huge.Getting headshots was near impossible against a jumping wraith user and the maps didn't present a lot of flanking opportunities. Wraith made almost all other weapons obsolete. Iirc auger rounds wouldn't penetrate the shield either.

looking back on it there was a lot of neato shit in the resistance games, maybe the last decent single player shooter campaigns i can think of off the top of my head

First game was freaking awesome especially the MP, second game sucked all around except for the coop, the third I haven't played.

Would love to experience the MP of the first game again.

What? Nigga im a PC gamer and i played this on hard with a shitty dualshock and i never took cover. YOU HAVE TO FUCKING MOVE, the last fight in the game is literally you inside a dome thing with no cover and enemies endlesly spwaning from all sides and just rushing you.

i played this and the sequel a while ago. it's shit. i was gonna call it generic or mediocre, but i realized that's too high praise. it's a FPS with combat mechanics so simplistic i felt more stimulated by a Bethesda game. also, you're put into this apocalyptic sci-fi setting, and the best they could do with that is give you a couple of weird guns with funny effects? to summarize, it's shit.

It was pretty good.

1 was pretty good, basically Halo 2 set in the 50s
2 had a shit campaign, but the best multiplayer
3 had a solid campaign, but also the worst multiplayer