Home theater thread

How do YOU watch kino?

Post your current setup. What upgrades are you planning? What works well, what is shit etc…?
I'll start:

- Epson TW2000 Full HD projector (2009, LCD) screen size about 145'' (3.2 meters x 1.8 meters), I'm on my fourth bulb around 7.500h total, still very good picture. Eyeing a 4K Sony in about 1-2 years.
- Speakers: Teufel Theater series 5.1 (2010), 2 towers, 2 dipoles, center, sw. Does the job.
- I used to have a nice Onkyo TX-SR876 AV-receiver but that thing died exactly 5 years and 1 day after the production date that was printed on a sticker inside the thing. It didn't die completely it was only the HDMI input that stopped working. Pretty sure it was some built in kill switch. I'll never buy Onkyo again. Now I have some Denon garbage that I only bought because it was slim and fit into the new furniture. Upgrade needed.
- As this is also my living room, I didn't want a screen. I'm projecting onto a very flat wall that a friend spray painted with some special screen paint. Works well as I can darken the room completely. Picture is still good with some lights on if I turn up the lamp brightness.
- All cables are in the wall or the floor. I used some special flat cables for this. HDMI cable was too thick to bury in the wall so I used a PureLink wireless HDMI transmitter to get the the signal to the projector. Tip: turn off the transmission of the audio signal and you'll never have any bandwidth problems.
- Blueray player: PS3. I stream 95% from my computer

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B003LZA95W/ref=asc_df_B003LZA95W5311958
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd like a nice home kino set up, but I'm currently stuck in an apartment. For now I just have a decent TV and a 5.1 receiver that needs replacing. Everything is streamed from my server to my modded FireTV with emby (if I ever buy a Blue Ray I just rip it myself).
I'm looking to upgrade my receiver, hopefully with an atmos system.

Used to have 65" DLP and a home-theater-in-a-box sound system. It was pretty sweet. Then when I moved back home, I ended up selling the DLP and just use a 46" LCD, and the sound system is in storage :/ Nowadays just use headphones when watching movies.

on a horizontal cell phone with iBud (TM LOL) headphones.

Are you serious mate?

with your soul

i watch kino on my phone. First I try to look for some movies on youtube. Usually they have that giant blur in the center of the screen to throw off the copyright algorithm, or have those borders with moving images surrounding it while the movie is a tiny screen in the bottom right. Truly the greatest way to take in the kino.

60" plasma, used to have an Onkyo 5.1 amplifier but mine died as well so using tv speakers again for the moment

Such a retarded standard when they could use a standard ethernet cable and broadcast the same data, there's even relatively inexpensive HDMI-to-ethernet dongles available.
amazon.com/dp/B003LZA95W/ref=asc_df_B003LZA95W5311958

Hmm didn't know about this. Pretty smart

get's a bit chilly at night but it's comfy, mostly watch netflix on my laptop and some torrented stuff.

This soul??

That looks rough. Gonna need a timestamp to believe that.

looks pretty nice user. I'm in similar situation, just a bed and a laptop. Something about the minimalism and dire poverty of this setup is appealing to me.

I want to pet your doggus :3

poor people disgust me

Just needs a cumbox

I was expecting more. Seems like Holla Forums is a very poor board.

Hi yid

LG65UH8500
Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player

Logitech Z‑623 Speaker System ‑ 2.1 Channel ‑ 200W RMS that isn't compatible with my new LG 4K tv so I don't have a speaker system

Is this one curved? 2.1 shouldn’t be called speaker system. They’re just speakers.

Anybody watching kino through a VR setup yet?

i fucking hate movies and dont even own a TV. kill youself.

Really need a sound-bar but otherwise this is much better than watching movies with my laptop sitting on my chest like i did before

It's not curved I didn't want the curved. And the 2.1 system was THX certified. And packed 200 Watts. It was honestly extremely loud and crisp, didn't even need a 5.1. I'm mad it doesn't work with my television.