So rpcs3 can play some 3D shit now at playable framerates and even has vulcan support...

so rpcs3 can play some 3D shit now at playable framerates and even has vulcan support, but how is it for emulation of ps3 games in general?

i want to play the MGS HD collection on it, but my disk drive aint working atm and i cant figure out why, so i figure id ask you fags. also is there anywhere decent to grab ps3 ROMs?

Any footage you might have seen is likely to be from a guy with a $3k+ rig and handpicked for the parts where it works
This applies for every 7th gen+ emulator (CEMU, Citra, Xenia, Decaf, RPSC3)

If you really want to play MGS3 with an HD PCSX2 finally fixed their shit recently on that game and you're guaranteed that it works all the way through and without needing a ridiculous computer, and even better is that AMD might have finally gotten their shit together and their newest drivers works somewhat well with the OGL plugin you need to have MGS3 render properly.

i want to play peace walker, and not the shit version rith no l2/r2

There are quite a few 100% working ones already you know.

I can totally see your point due all of the suggestions you have totally posted.

Doesn't work. I tried it on a download of all PS3 games, but it kept telling me the folder was empty.

Metal Gear faggot here. Let me explain you why thats a bad idea. The HD collection has an absolute fuckton of shit taken out, from gameplay modes to little sfx like extra blood. Emulate the original ps2 isos, and put your PC's extra horsepower into PS2 emulation bells and whistles. Only play the HD collection if you have an actual working PS3 and want an easy time playing a barebones MGS. Don't do this. Also when you get a chance, play the nip versions too.

MG3 emulated looks like shit in anything other than software mode due to a ton of shaders and post-processing missing. If your CPU can manage it then I guess it's pretty much the same as playing on PS2, though.

I just wish the 3DS version wasn't such a choppy piece of shit…

I still can't wrap my head around it

If you want to be a next level metal gear faggot, buy yourself a used PS3fat. Then buy the Substance and subsistence versions of 2 & 3. Then buy 4 and the HD collection with Peacewalker. Find yourself a copy of MGS1 and you've got the perfect Metal Gear Box.

It played fine when I pirated it.

Most PS3 games that aren't interactive movies are already on PC, so there's no point in investing in a PS3 emulator

Except maybe to be able to play one particular game again on PC

see

this

Same as HD collection, then.

Nip logic, user. It doesn't have to actually make sense.

So where are ICO & SOTC, Nier, Yakuza 3-5, Wipeout and ZOE PC?

PS2 emulation, see>>10357916 , I can emulate Shenmue and F-Zero just fine thanks, PS2 emulation

Check mate atheists.

HD version has input lag/less precise tuning. Or the DS3 controller sucks.

for

Top Kekk

Peace Walker is honestly not worth playing

Peace Walker is lots of fun with a friend. Playing it alone is super boring though.