Uncommon Time Thread #1: Anniversary Edition

One year ago today, Holla Forums found Uncommon Time, a shitty tumblr RPG.
Why is that worthy of an anniversary thread?
Because we played through it, streamed it, and had an amazing time laughing at how horribly awful it was last year; I want to do it again with all you anons this year.
We also created a ton of OC, which you might've seen over the past year. Hopefully we can create even more. After all, OC is always good.
And last but definitely not least, we found an amazing character in that game, the only saving grace this game has. Teagan. Check out .webm related to see why Teagan is great.

For those of you who were around last year and still remember, I was the second streamer. I'm not sure if the first one, LoliOasis, is still around. If you are, Loli, stop on by and say Hi, none of this would've happened without you.
For those of you who weren't around last year, or missed it, or whatever; stay awhile and come watch with the rest of us, it'll be a fun time.

I was thinking about starting the stream around 11:30 AM EST (That's in about 20 minutes if you can't into timezones), if that's good with all of you. I can go later or earlier, if that'd be better for more anons. No idea when I'm gonna stop streaming.
You can find the stream at hitbox.tv/Thassil

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rxWlG
archiveofourown.org/works/6492490/chapters/14861239
archiveofourown.org/users/feralphoenix/pseuds/feralphoenix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_abuse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_violence
badkittygames.net/games/ow/
dialoguelostloop.tumblr.com/fukigen
feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/138468072344/holly-teagan-almace-otowa-meirin
mega.nz/#!uw0xxDib!PTpMn9XITZZY-GpaTP6FhaLwu1waGWmNOS2NEA0Sn7Y
mega.nz/#!ip9jGTqJ!PW6Cfm0GuzE2A4g2muY_jpa8ZSPZD7paM7DJCMgP6Cw
feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/142525780314/i-had-fun-doing-these-for-my-grown-up-undertale
feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/146689911684/strong-hands-a-teagan-playlist-listen-on
8tracks.com/feralphoenix/strong-hands
archive.is/5IW65
f-list.net/c/teagan almace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's been a year already? That was fast.

Reminder that Teagan is a lovely girl who just wanted her friends to stop being fucking retarded. She did nothing wrong and is a qt to boot.

reminder that theres a real life teagan somewhere that the character was based of

Seriously? This is the first I've heard of that.

STREAM STARTING NOW

Yeah, time flies.

Teagan is love Teagan is life.

IIRC it was based off of the author before she went full tumblr.

I WANT TO MARRY TEAGAN

Don't you sass me mister. I'm here for all eternity, in a never ending hell.

How's the stream?
Is anyone even watching?

I'm watching. I can't be arsed to remember my Hitbox login shit, tho. It's looking good, OP.

Yay, fun time with Holla Forums!

Holy shit, this game looks like ass!

I can't get the video to load.
Is there any work around for it?

Whatever happened to that spin off game starring Teagan? Did it get shitcanned or what?

Constantly loading, can't watch. Shit sucks.

Same

Anyone good at live streaming stuff? What sorta settings should I use?

Must be a problem with Hitbox since my internet connection is pretty good, unhindered by other programs and all addons are turned off.

Author probably triggered herself into a coma trying to make it.

Didnt some user play it recently? He forgot to save and got our "cannon" ending for tegan

Nah it was being made by a group of people from here to give Teagan a better game or something.

Saki a cute.

Oh fuck, time is SPEEDING UP

I thought I had over half of my life still left but it's more like a quarter left with the faster time.

FUCK

we still around, trying to get a "feature almost complete" pre-alpha out to try to recruit more people to see if it will go anywhere

Hell yeah.

RULES OF NATURE

I wonder if the creator of the game knows about the game "popularity" in Holla Forums and better yet how everyone here seems to love Teagan just to see her(him?) reacting to all the OC

Oh yes she does.She even tried to make Teagan unappealing to us by claiming she's an asexual autist who hates videogames

You can reach her/him/xim/wew on tumblr if you're that curious.

An entire year? Wow, time flies.

Well there was that one time with the person who supposedly knew Feralphoenix.

Sounds like Holla Forums to me

wew

Dammit, I have been waiting for this stream for so long, and I wish I could watch the stream, but Hitbox is being a bitch right now, and I have to get up to go to work in about 7 hours.

Speaking of work, it is what has been stopping me from doing anything related to this or 7SU2 for so damn long, and it makes me sad. So if anyone from the team reads this, I apologize for drowning in irl shit for so long, and I still remember Farewell of Slavianka.

That's kinda hilarious actually and it sounds exactly what a tumblrite would do

Have you guys finally sorted that whole RGSS mess?

Maybe they were trying to emulate a Working Design localization?

I'm not sure. I haven't really payed any attention to the coding part of it. All I was focused on was the music. Until I started working, which devoured my time.

Plus if I make a thread it would be futile. I already streamed sometimes Mario party but I want to stream something different.

Any idea?

Look up some terrible art games on itch.io. You know, the stuff nightmares are made of. That would make for a great stream.

I want to have a nice time with everyone, not nightmares.

THhs was one year ago?

stream whatever the fuck you want. A majority of Holla Forums will only watch if it is spoiling a game, a game that rips on SJWs, or meme game flavor of the month.
There was another streamer, Binary Ghosts, who would post whenever he streamed but I guess he stopped because not many people came to view.

If were going on itch.io how about get spheroid and play that. I want to know what that game is like.

I like the idea of hanging out together.
How about you just stream whatever you're currently playing? Streamers could also rotate, so maybe viewers can find something new and fun to play.

I follow the creator of that game on Youtube. His old Gamer Maker games, even though they're nice concepts, suffer from a lot of technical problems. GM wasn't really supposed to be used for 3D at all. Also, Spheroid's kinda unfinished, since it was originally built with multiplayer in mind. He's since abandoned GM and moved to make stuff in Unity.

I bought Spheroid on Steam just after it came out with Steam Wallet funds I got from selling cards. Dunno, might try to stream it some day.

I'm going to headpat Teagan!

Water Fairy is mai waifu

But user, the game's fairies are all selfish and horrible.

Like Alto

Exactly. The mostly-good name of fairies has been completely disrespected by this game.

Is Mx a title, or…?

Should I play it? I've heard that the game needs tons of grinding and the game is incapable of making grind entertaining. Any way to start with overpowered characters?

Pray to the dark god, chit'engin
IA IA

Get in here faggots

Here's the previous thread, you glorious bastards

archive.is/rxWlG

I'm still waiting…

[wooohoooaaaa intensifies]

tumblr tier lesbians intensifies

Thanks doc, it's been too long since my last dose.

Except they never did that, "fan translations" of games like chrono trigger and FF6 did, on the other hand.

I want to be the hero Teagan needs and save her from her terrible situation. And then marry her.
Fug, time sure does fly. You guys will have to have fun without me though, I'm saddled with a bunch of real-life bullshit and can't be staying up until 4AM for two weeks.

I'm glad you guys are still around, though. Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

AW SHIT NIGGA HELL YEAH
NEW TEAGAN OC
That I haven't seen before, at least.

Wew lads

why live?

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Once you guys hit the true ending, somebody be sure to share this in the stream. It's a lovely little fanfic about Teagan finally making her escape from her abusive relationship with Alto where Alto is rightfully depicted as the abuser.

archiveofourown.org/works/6492490/chapters/14861239

Thanks for the sex, homie!

Thanks OP, 10/10 stream.

"Best friend" ending is canon, no question.

Thank you OP, see you tomorrow!

Stream's done for the day.
Gonna be back tomorrow, around noon EST.
Same place as before obviously. If the thread's still up by tomorrow I'll post ITT, otherwise I'll make a new one.
I'll leave you off with some OC from last year.

Bravo OP. This was magnificent.

Happy bestgirl anniversary!

God dammit, I'm always at work when this shit happens. I was around for when we got the cannon end last time, then anonymous agony was streamed.

Damn, Teagan is fucking jacked.

Just gonna leave this here (yes I know I got the eye color wrong I'll fix it later ) this is from a new run I barely got to 35 yesterday

kinda looks like Casca

yeah… on the other hand my save file just got fucked by some bug so I'm restarting, I'll try to make it better then

What plebs.

Im honestly surprised that there are any DD players left to rate pawns at all

How did you get such a high battle rating?

Holy shit I was just thinking about this game and this stream as I went to bed last night. I remember people talking about an anniversary in August and, here we are. Shame that I missed it, but, whatever. I'll try my best to tune in tomorrow.

gotta know bout dem inclinations son

Which ones are you using?

I know right
And the game is farily active my pawn doesn't come back from a rental every hour like before but according to some stats in steam around one thousand active peak per day

Just train your pawn well user even if you are not the same class inclinations are very important and dont forget proper upgraded equipment

Now I have to redo everything since my save got bugged oh well it's not like I was very far (barely got to 35)

Polite sage because completely off topic also someone should make a Dragons Dogma thread so we can get some anons playing again

can we find more shitty games to stream and laugh at?

its a lot of fun when we shitpost on livestreams together

There's an RPG maker sharing site it, has to have some bad one

If you ever can, stream Middens. It's a shitty RPG Maker game that tries to be "unique" by being pretentious as fuck and has a graphical style that's just sprites from various games glued together.

That has to gloriously retarded

holy fuck that sounds amazing

Is this bait?

No, the game is shit and there are better games that do the "weird RPG Maker game" idea way better. Get some taste.

Explain further other than the vague pretentious argument and sprites, lad.

Here's some undigested vomit. Enjoy.

It's so beautiful

That game will never come out

I'm a mobilefag but this is Feral's response to the entire thing:

"''Uncommon Time is a narrative about a young abuse survivor finding the courage to assert herself and cut ties with those who've hurt her. For some unfathomable reason, you've seen fit to warp that narrative into a story about an abuse survivor who becomes abusive herself and is almost completely abandoned by her support network as a result. While there is theoretically a place for such discussion, you have, in my opinion, written something excessively damaging and cruel. You've taken an empowering narrative about recovery, one that many people have found inspiring, and twisted it into something that chastises abuse survivors for not remaining pleasant, reiterating what we've already been told a thousand times before - that if we're angry, we're just as bad as those who've hurt us, and so it's better to stay cheerful and obedient.

What particularly puzzles me is how you've vilified Alto through giving her traits that were not present in the game itself; namely, being excessively controlling, when canon Alto struggles to assert herself initially and later makes a point of being respectful of others boundaries due to her own history. Furthermore, while these traits were not present in Alto, they were present in Teagan, whom you appear to sympathize with. The primary difference between these two is that Alto is a mentally ill, potentially autistic abuse survivor and Teagan is her neurotypical companion. It appears to me that you have taken the (unfortunately) popular of stance of sympathizing more with the friends and family of survivors than with the survivors themselves. Because of course it's difficult to cope with victims, isn't it? They're so whiny and angry all the time. The stress must be downright unbearable for those poor normal people who are stuck trying to handle them and their issues.

I would be angry enough about this story if it were simply a fic that sought to punish abuse survivors for daring to hold their abusers accountable, but what makes it particularly frustrating is how you've chosen to gloss over canon events and characterization for the sake of lecturing the reader on how Actually, Alto is Just As Bad, If Not Worse. We are expected to believe that Alto would refuse to let Teagan leave following the World Tuning when Alto canonically demonstrates time and time again that she strongly values the agency and boundaries of those she associates with. We are expected to agree that Alto choosing not to forgive Teagan for her abuse can be equated with Alto being uncharacteristically cruel towards one whose happiness she is canonically stated to still value. We are expected to believe that Alto would embark on something as important as the confrontation with her family without any sort of strategy when it's stated that she only chose to rely upon her intuition for the World Tuning because that is how the ritual works; with other tasks - for example, reuniting the party after they are separated in movement two - she always pauses to carefully consider her actions beforehand. I could go on and on, listening countless ways in which this fic fails to do the original story justice in the name of painting a survivor as a bully for no apparent reason, but I won't, as I cannot be bothered to continue rereading this for the sole purpose of listing your mistakes. It would exhaust me too much.

Normally I do not leave comments like this. I am an advocate for the free exchange and discussion of ideas, even those which may be as uncomfortable and unpleasant as this fic has been. However, the vast majority of people who have played Uncommon Time and have come to AO3 in search of fanfiction will be abuse survivors like myself, and your story gives no indication whatsoever that it contains Alto-bashing for the sake of placing Teagan in a better light. Those who read your fic unaware of its contents will find themselves engaging with a narrative that accuses them of being at risk of becoming bullies and abusers themselves if they decide that they don't want to be hurt anymore. That is damaging, this fic is damaging, and in my opinion, the archive would be better off without something as toxic as this in it.''"

AHHAHAH FAGGOT

Shit, that was the game's creator? I thought it was just some tumblrina fangirl.

The words of the creator xirself, btw

OH GOD LOOK AT HER STORIES
SHE'S WRITTEN 46 UNDERTALE FANFICS

This shit just keeps getting better

Art is shit. Girlabs a cute

What Abuse did Alto suffer exactly?
From My understanding the world needs Alto because she is the Mcguffin to save the world but was born with deformities so her parent provided her with surgery so she can fullfill her duty. So what's the abuse here?

Teagan is 2mean

The abuse is that her parents had expectations of her. Alto should be allowed to be a worthless piece of shit and anyone who disagrees is abusive.

That's a girl?

Author of the fanfic's response:

I understand that that was the intention behind Uncommon Time. However, I personally felt hurt by the ways that the traumas of characters who were not Alto were consistently treated throughout its narrative, and I can assure you that I was not the only one. This fic was my way of working through those feelings, just as the original story was its creator's way of working through her feelings about typical abuse survivor narratives.(then the 2nd part of the message)

Hi again. I originally didn't want to try to justify myself to you. I felt like I didn't have the right, or like the story I'd already written should be able to speak for itself and if it didn't then no further clarification would help. I also don't want to make you feel like you have to Engage In The Discourse at me to defend a story that was clearly really important and meaningful to you. But if you do want to know a little bit more about where I was coming from, there are now some comments on chapters 5 and 7 explaining it further.

There's one more thing that I wanted to say in response to your comment specifically. I understand that Teagan was written as neurotypical, but at times it felt a bit dissonant for me to try to read her that way. In my experience, people who exhibit the behavior of justifying their assholishness as "honesty" tend to be coming from one of two places: a history of privilege and entitlement that's let them get away with it for most of their lives, or an inherent difficulty with performing to social standards leading them to stop trying altogether and instead attempt to reframe their "failure" at behaving "normal" as a virtue. Since Teagan is a commoner woman of color, it felt weird to assume the former of her, and much more natural to assume that it was the latter being mistaken for the former, which… uh… is a thing that's happened to me as an autistic person a lot.

I also want to thank you for commenting, as weird as that sounds in this context. I know there's kind of an anti-criticism culture in fandom that can make speaking up against works you see as harmful and toxic frightening, and I respect you a lot for doing it anyway. I want input from people who feel like I've done something wrong to help me evaluate myself and my writing, and I also want to feel like I have the right to post criticism in situations where I might find myself in your position. There's… also some parts of fandom with an opposite culture where everyone gets together and dogpiles the Harmful and Toxic person until conformity has been successfully enforced, and for a while I was afraid that was where this was going — but then it wasn't, and the anxiety passed, and I feel a little bit stronger for having faced it. So, thank you.

As for where that self-evaluation led me… I do feel like that "unaware of its contents" part is a problem I would like to try to fix. I tend to default to the "creator chose not to warn" tag in situations where I have difficulty figuring out how to warn "correctly," in hopes that people will take it as a warning that the fic could contain anything at all and they shouldn't read it if they're not in a particularly robust mental state. Given the canon content of Uncommon Time, I was hoping that seeing that tag on a fic in this category would set off even more alarm bells than usual. I'm trying to think of a way to indicate that this does not strictly adhere to the moral and thematic thrust of the canon in a way that sounds value-neutral toward both the content of the canon and the content of my fic. So far, I'm drawing a blank. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. If you have alternate suggestions about tagging or warning, I am open to those too. I am not open to removing this story from the archive.

ETA: Also, to be clear, it's obviously fine if you still think I'm 100% in the wrong here or are otherwise still angry at me and don't want to engage with me at all. I think I was getting a little ahead of myself in that regard by the end of this comment, and I apologize for that. I wanted to offer to take certain kinds of suggestions from you, but I don't expect you to make them, or even to respond to me at all. I hope that makes sense.

The best part is that all the other reviews posted afterwards are from other abuse survivors who think that the story is great and found Uncommon Time incredibly upsetting for how it blithely cheered Alto on for being such a huge bitch to everyone.

I feel like it wouldn't be as easy to sympathize with Teagan if her endgame wasn't saving the fucking world instead of pissing it all away, writer should have made the story more small-scale.

I mean, Teagan would still be best girl but I could at least understand where this retard was coming from if that were the case.

I don't think she even cares about the world. And isn't that the edgyest thing i've heard in months now.

How far did the stream get in the game today? Because it's outright stated at one point in the game that there's a part of her that wants the world to end.

A reverse trap, the best kind of trap.

We haven't reached that part yet.

Ah. Well, when you see an obvious reference to Gundam SEED, you'll have almost reached the point where that little bit of info is revealed.

That's gold

This is excellent.

So let me get this right. Teagan was the first friend the MC ever had, and always wanted to support her to try and make her duty a little easier, but the MC recruited a bunch of retards who couldn't do their job, and Teagan got pissed off because the MC recruited literal retards. Am I right so far?

Teagan then rips up some music sheet, and tells the MC to not follow her, but the MC follows her anyway just to beat up Teagan and force her to rejoin the party, all the while saying she hates Teagan, will never forgive her, and will never be her friend. Is that right?

Why is Teagan wrong again?

Because she's an "abuse" "survivor" and therefore can't be wrong. She's also the creator's self insert, so that's even more can't be wrong points.

archiveofourown.org/users/feralphoenix/pseuds/feralphoenix Erm I might have fucked up, that person may not be FP and I am actually a faggot but it's fairly unclear as their style of posting seems similar.

I also forgot to add that she's autistic, so even more can't be wrong points on top of that. Basically, tumblr catlady logic dictates that MC is basically an infallable and holy saint.

Too late, it's part of the canon now.

She's also mentally ill (but self medicated by being abusive to others) So she's a kin to God himself in tumblr's eyes

LIES !
ALL LIES !!!

She is unaware of the Cycle of Abuse.

SHE IS ACTUALLY NOT FUCKING AWARE OF THE CYCLE OF ABUSE.

in other new of games that did come out overwhored was released some time ago

That's basic shit, too. Shameful.

A tumblrfag not knowing basic knowledge regarding the shit they proclaim to have extensive experience with? Say it ain't so.

Saying that an autistic mentally ill persyn of color can be wrong is abuse, if this continues I will have to report you to Mark. He's a holocaust survivor you know.

Okay so I'm about to download this, and the description of the game is in Japanese as well as English. Why? Is it just shitty special snowflake syndrome in action, or is there an actual reason behind it?

I hear he was gassed twice. Once for being a Jew and once again for being and attentionwhoring aspie. The Nazis were so cruel. ;_;

Because if you have some poorly google translated Japanese in the description of your game it's much closer to being "MUH CLASSIC JRPG GAMU".

You know, that genre of vidya the author has totally played so extensively. Playing Final Fantasy 7 once or twice means you're an expert on JRPGs, right?

I guarantee that you can guess this correctly.

I would guess the former. I would also guess that he "Japanese" description of the game is machine translated.

It would be pretty funny if someone could confirm this.

I never played FF7 and I'm more of an expert on JRPGs then the trash that "made" this game

overwhored?

Shit, maybe I meant something else. What's the term that refers to the idea that when someone's subjected to a trauma, like abuse from parents for instance, they're more likely to inflict that trauma on somebody else?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_abuse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_violence

Also, check out this first paragraph.

Overwhored is a RPG Maker game where you, and overlord that was defeated, gets his revenge on the heroins that killed him and rape lots of women while doing so. It pretty good so I suggest give it a try

badkittygames.net/games/ow/

will try, thanks for the link

This is a pretty good read and the most I know about Uncommon Time is from greentext posts.

There is one game breaking bug though, when you get to dessert, do not enter the arena, it is not linked to the right area so you will be teleported in time and space

I don't feel like watching this shitshow again, so can someone tell me what instrument teagan played?

Actually, FeralPhoenix is legitimately fluent in the Japanese language though her knowledge of the culture is rather lacking.

So she's a weaboo tumblr catlady?

Teagan plays the violin.

I don't think she has any cats, but other than that, yes.

I'll bet she does have cats.

How did she fight again? It was a brawler right?

Brawler with brass knuckles and a minor amount of earth magic, only good enough for personal enhancement.

Every fucking time
If only the ye ye could ever be finished

So yeah, just started playing the game.
Yeah this is going to be an awful experience. This soundtrack sucks and I can't turn it off.

Any word on the Teagan's Quest "fangame" Holla Forums was making?

It'll probably be made after 7SU2.

see,

we're working on it. In a couple weeks we'll try to get a pre-alpha demo out to generate interest to see if we can get more people on the team (namely) artists to see if we can actually complete it. (Right now it's about two people including me working on it, so it'll be dead in the water unless we can get some new life).

Autism used to churn out shitty creative works of passion are thing to be cherished.

Hey everyone, streamer here.
Gonna be starting in about 30 minutes.
Same place as before, you can find the link in the OP.

Also, if you're having problems watching the stream, please tell me. I had no idea that for like an hour the stream was basically un-watchable due to constant buffering, and it ended up being something on my end that I could fix. If you don't tell me something's wrong, I can't fix it.

And, since noone's posted the character bios yet, here they are.

And character bios part 2, featuring Aubrey's true form.

STREAM STARTING NOW

being american is suffering

At least they look like the trannies they are now.

Has it really been a year?

It's funny because to me it feels like it's been longer than that.

So OP, is this going to be a yearly thing?

As long as anons still remember, Uncommon Time will live on.

WILL CATCH STEAM NEVER EVER FUCK

TIME FOR EDGE GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

One day even after you told your stories to your grandchildren, the memories will be forgotten.
But in the darkest pit of the internet there always lingers a file with its download link: Uncommon Time

Saki is male?
Oh boy!

Is it worth it it to replay through it over again? Was anything added up to ice queen whats her faces part?

R.I.P. cocks

You're a good kiddo, sockpuppet user.

So didn't the creator say that despite Teegan being a QT brown girl she was only like an octoroon or something (but not in those words), and despite Alto being white as white bread she was a colored of person or whatever?

I think they did actually say that, but I don't remember when/where they did. At the very least, I remember the Teagan part of your question.

Yeah, I brought up the octoroon bit. Someone suggested giving her zauber knuckles, but personally I think giving her regular old zaubers works as long as she prefers punching the shit out of her enemies. It's like a "what looks cool" kind of option, like Dante or Doomguy.

Oh yeah, I remember her. She even came on here and talked with us a bit. She was brown and /fit/ and everything.

You know, Alto is an emotional piece of shit.

But I think you guys fellate Teagan too much, ripping up the one thing to help save the world is just as bad as wanting to end it because, "Muh family cut up my arms"

But user, even the fairies acknowledged in one ending that the possibility of another way to save the world was there. They were just lazy shits that wanted humans to atone for their ancestors' sins instead of working with them to solve the issue as quick as possible.

BUT DOES IT HAVE A BEST GIRL IN IT
THIS IS IMPORTANT

I like Saki, because he's well spoken and looks good in a dress.
Dicks aside, every character in this thing is a mess. Alto and Teagan seem to be the only two forces driving the plot, the others just seem to hang around all useless.
Alto being a self-insert Marie Sue is obvious, but I like to think that Teagan is the manifestation of the author's last smidgeon of reason, constantly at odds with the shit [.*]e puts into writing, to the point where she'd rather just remove that part for good.

So, how do we fix this shitfest? I mean, stories about mentally ill characters ending the world have been done before and were enjoyed. Surely this can be improved.

Get yourself a team of writers, artists, composers and if possible coders, and you're good to go user.

If Alto were suicidal instead of genocidal you could have the same implications without her looking like a gigantic cunt. It also helps to make her less of a hypocrite and actually likeable.

It'll take more than an unencrypted rom and for some random reason each chest being linked to a different switch statement.

Well, aside from the abysmal writing, the plot also has pacing issues. It didn't go anywhere the first few hours in terms of tension, then suddenly plateaued around the fight against Teagan, and went nowhere from that, not to mention that the conflict between her and Alto seems to have ended in Teagan just being the punching bag for the whole team for the remainder of the game.
I don't think the cast itself needs work. Meirin is the only core character that doesn't really seem to have any place in it at all; the others need to be fleshed out in order to be more than "token romantic interest" or "waifubait".
It's not like Alto is unsalvageable. One of the most jarring things to me is that the wrong characters seem to be saying the right things at the wrong time.
Show the violence that Alto had to endure, make the viewer emphasize. Have her development go more in the direction of Caim (or Japanese Zero) instead of drowning in Cloudsyndrome. Teagan, as her osananajimi, remains the voice of reason, cue symbolism and yuri sublot.
Also, .

Fuck.

Fucking manlets, when will they learn?

Oh wait, the stream is on. Neat.

She's a big girl.

Also, changing it so the story has less daddy issues will help a lot to improve the story.
"Baaawwww, people have expectations of me" doesn't make a sympathetic protagonist to anyone outside of tumblr.

4 uuuu

Since you're interested in being a huge masochist. This game has a hue of… Utopia ideology

Pics or screened?

I think that might not be true. That or it was just some user that looked like Teagan.

How the hell do you mess up a hot spring episode?

Tumblr, man, just tumblr.

Tumblr at its finest

Worst part is, teagan was the hottest of the group and I'm straight

You mirin?

Teagan's the one-eyed idiot in a nation of blind people.
I'd still have sex with that man, though.

I just can't deal with those legs user, legs do something to me

Into which one of the two eyes, user ?

Reminder that Teagan is a real person and was the dev's friend who the dev vilified because Teagan was the only sane person around her trying to help her through her retarded bullshit.

I was actually referring to Saki.

It's tough to really grasp how incredibly retarded the writing is.

dialoguelostloop.tumblr.com/fukigen

Guess what we'll be streaming in the future, lads

>The art is even shittier
How in the fuck is that possible?

Show's over. Thanks to those who stuck around at the end with that optional boss. We'll beat them tomorrow, I can promise you that.
Like before, noon tomorrow for the next stream. Almost certainly the final one, at least for this year. Make sure to tune in to watch the extra dungeons and see the true ending.

I'm gonna try to relax and play some good vidya, that optional boss is actually fucking hell incarnate.
See y'all tomorrow.

Are we done?
In any case, thank you for streaming, OP.
I hope you had fun, as well, in spite of the end.

Because the sameface is even more prevalent in this. Alto and Clara look to have copypaste faces. The rest are brown haired white bread girls of similar height and build on top of that.

wait please tell me you aren't using the version where I gimped the fuck out of all of alto's stats.

I swear there better be another character like teagan or that shit is going to be painful.
Jesus christ this is going to be a shit show.

Polyp, is that you? Still around since last year, eh?

And no, I'm using the newest version, straight from the dev's tumblr.

Who made pics 1 and 2? I need to know for… scientific research reasons.

wait he's still updating it?
Why?

What did he mean meme by this?

What is Anonymous Agony?

Smoothies, killing a nigga with a pen, and checking your exo-skello-teen.

The sad part is that she can make games and we cant even get a tegan fan wank out.

THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

I fucking love all this critical discussion over a literal tumblr game.

Checked

Its our hate that brings us together user.
Do you want to hate with us?

Fuck off Val. No one is buying your act anymore.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A game about an Edgelord with a sister that chats with pedos on the internet and mobster parents (the father looks like a fat Agent 47). The sister gets raped and he goes on a genocide crusade against all the pedos. Now this is just the prologue, the first episode involves the Protagonist Haze doing ridiculous shit. He sneaks into a gang hideout to steal drugs for a cop, tries to help a hacker he met online uncover a government conspiracy, teams up with a guy in a haiwainn shirt and a girl with a katana to fight for the right of brown homeless loli, and that's just the surface of it.

Too bad the creator got over ambitious and the second episode is in development hell.

Jesus Christ it worst then I could of thought

I know that the game is released but I never played any of the demos so I don't know.
I believe all content is in and there is an ending if that helps

Thanks, I might check this out later, seems FUN.

… did she just made another game?

Worse than that, it appears to just be Six Characters In Search Of An Author, but with her OCs swapped in.

THE FORM OF EVIL MAY CHANGE, BUT ITS FACE REMAINS THE SAME.

Which is it?

Please, you can't expect the author to keep track of every cliché they've used to describe a character.

I don't want to play a game where the worst characters are on a journey of discovering the psyche and mentality of the game creator "author"
UT already was damaging to my sanity and soul

From the author's response:

From the fic:

Christ, it's like the fic is a commentary on the author.

ded mem
forever ever

Daily Reminder that Teagan is not a nigger.

No it's her alright. Just look at the profile.

What if she was? You just gonna hate out of a higher melanin count?

That was tough to read.

There's more.

feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/138468072344/holly-teagan-almace-otowa-meirin

… That's awfully specific

Oh dear.

Hey everyone, streamer here.
Gonna start in about half an hour.
We're gonna be taking on the extra dungeons, the true final boss, and that unbelievably infuriating optional boss.
It's gonna be a great time, be sure to tune it. Link as always is in the OP.

Fighting those three must feel like what Meshuggah's I sounds like.

Time to put an end to this mess.

Oh, by the way, we might have to grind for a bit.
I looked ahead on the walkthrough and it says that the first or second boss of the extra dungeons is literally impossible without the second limit break we get at level 40.
We're currently 34-36. So a bit of grinding is probably gonna happen.

Has the stream begun?

STREAM STARTING NOW

Is the stream chat working for any of you?

CHAT NOT WERKING

nope

there it is

Oh boy, time for autism

NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE

Holy Fuck Teagan is fucking great.

Teagan honestly deserves her own game

FUCK those tumblrite party members

I want Teagan to save the world and tell those dumb bitches like it is

I'd say Teagan is just a normal person in a nation of very stupid people

My personal version of the story is that Teagan dealt with the shit she was handed and just shut up because the world had to be saved, and took it like a hero… until the world got saved and she could dump everyone's asses because they're pieces of shit who don't deserve her.
I don't want it any other way.

Has it really been a year already? Goddamn.

What a fucking cunt

The fuck?

Author has to project xir's insecurities by making the "sane" character based on xir's friend that doesn't want to coddle the author's OC's delusions into a punching bag and a joke.

good god, the lack of self-awarness is just insane

Indeed, now waiting on the Holla Forums reads Uncommon Time official fanfiction, because holy fugging shit, it's a gold mine.

Wait, so everyone but Teagan like this or just this Alto chick?

I'm not sure I'm ready for this, it's too much to take this all in at once.

I don't think we are ready for that level of autism yet user… I don't think we'll ever be

Well, I guess you write what you know.

In this case, the writer knows trite bullshit that nobody actually cares about.

Read the thread, Teagan is halfway the only decent character that does inter-personal conflict on a party of sycophantic yes-men that follows the batshit ideas and plans of the OC DONUT STEEL Mary Sue.

It's been over a year now, why contain it?

If the rest of the game were to be as awesome as this I would unironically play it

God damn it, someone just kill Alto already

Well ok then.

Oh, we are definitely ready. I could even write some myself.

For a minute I was wondering when I'd written that and then realized you were just using that name, you actually got me scared kek

Kill yourself

what a bunch of nerds

all of this made me depressed, because I will never have the chance to do all of these things with Teagan.
especially removing Alto.

I considered playing this for kicks because I have high tolerance for bullshit but that mess is just fuck.

I know user, I know

It's finally over. Thanks for everything, OP. It's been a wild ride.

Too bad the ride never ends.

Welp, that was a grand old time. Fucking bravo. A real fucking masterpiece.

Happy 1st anniversary, and I'll see you all again next year. And also in a couple months in some shitty thread I didn't make.

Also Aquarius master race, regardless of ye olden thymes HRT.

It's the power of rpg maker

Aww, something came up and I missed the last part of it.
Thank you, OP, for being our conductor for the ride, and thanks to everybody else for coming along. See you next year, I guess.

It was really fun. I want to do more things like that together with Holla Forums.

Holla Forums streams are comfy as fuck

Never play Uncommon Time alone, user. For your own sanity, always have at least a few people with you so that you can all laugh at the game and make jokes together.

Uncommon Time is the dark night rises of Holla Forums

So what happens if a person is born with a penis, wants to live as a man but the spirits say they are a woman?

The game is talking about the spirits' genders, they don't interact with humans

It's been great doing this with all of you, and I'm glad so many remembered and showed up. Sure, it's not the 300 or so that LoliOasis had, but I still appreciate every single user who joined and watched with us.
Thank you so much to everyone who made these past three days so memorable, just like last year.

I'm gonna leave you all with a little gift, it's what I gave last year too. It's a collection of saves strewn throughout the whole game. If, for whatever reason, you want to replay a specific part I'M NUCLEAR, I'M WILD , now you can.
Also, I included Polyp's hacked version from last year. You shouldn't even need Cheat Engine Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Chit'Engin Harmonia wgah'nagl fhtagn to get through the game.
Saves: mega.nz/#!uw0xxDib!PTpMn9XITZZY-GpaTP6FhaLwu1waGWmNOS2NEA0Sn7Y
Game: mega.nz/#!ip9jGTqJ!PW6Cfm0GuzE2A4g2muY_jpa8ZSPZD7paM7DJCMgP6Cw

If anyone's interested, I might end of streaming some of FP's other "games", or maybe some other shitty RPGM games that get recommended. Not now, obviously. I think we can all use a little bit of rest from the cancer. I'll be around, and I'll make a thread for it if it seems anons are interested.

August 11th, 2017. Mark the date, it's gonna be Uncommon Time's 2nd anniversary here, and I have every intention of streaming it again.
As long as anons still remember, Uncommon Time will live on.

Oh, one last thing. The streams' recordings are all saved, so you should be able to re-watch the streams from my channel if you missed a part.

And with that, I'm finally done.
Time for Holla Forumsidya.

You're rad as fuck OP. I'd love to see some of the other games indeed. Will be watching today's stream indeed, couldn't be there.

Okay let me reword it then. What is a spirit is born with male genitalia (I dunno how though), thinks of itself as male but other spirits (or a higher spirit) say it's female?

C-catch you guys next year

I don't think there are even geniunely male spirits. But apparently having darkness powers means you're a man regardless of what you have between your legs.

Basically, gender means fuckall for spirits.

Bye, OP. See you next mission.

Tumblr shits out the stupidest of things

And yet for some reason they have special tumblr genders, like 'Neurois'.

Oh, right, and I probably oughta post these, just for those who haven't seen them.

feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/142525780314/i-had-fun-doing-these-for-my-grown-up-undertale

the fuck is Aro Ace?

Aromantic asexual

Aromantic Asexual.

Basically, after we made Teagan our waifu in the original threads a year ago, FeralPhoenix began claiming that Teagan was incapable of feelings of romance, in addition to being squicked out by sex.

I would recommend not looking too far into the subject, user. I have looked into an abyss consisting of made-up terminology used to describe meaningless subdivisions within larger sexualities. Trust me when I say that it's really not worth wasting your time on.

Aesexuality never made sense to me. Being grossed out by sex isn't a sexual orientation.

Something about the author being butthurt that a bunch of "channers" made fun of her brady brunch party of tumblrites and that the character she made the joke of is more popular, especially the lewd art, so lets deny both her and the evil channers their happiness! totally not fucking salty!

Asexuality doesn't generally work the way that FeralPhoenix claims it works for Teagan. It's an absence of sexual feelings, a lack of libido. Most asexual people are perfectly fine with caring for other people and can enjoy engaging in sexual activities with them, they just have no desire for sex whatsoever when left to their own devices.

But of course, because tumblr is about being as special snowflake as possible, FP just had to slot Teagan into that incredibly rare, less-than-a-single-percent portion of the population that is actually outright repulsed by sex, instead. And don't even get me started on that bullshit excuse about it supposedly being the reason Teagan disapproves of her younger brother working at a brothel as one of the prostitutes.

Asexual=ACE?
who the fuck thought of that one

Pls give me some context, were they fed up with her shit?

It's an edit.

isn't that just a lack of hormones then? That isn't a sexuality either, you can cause desire for sex through many means, just because they don't have it naturally doesn't make it a sexuality.

As far as I can tell from having looked into it, someone basically stole the term from the concept of asexual reproduction in order to have a word to describe and/or diagnose what you're talking about, and then the same greedy, politically-minded assholes that are ruining the rest of modern psychology got their hooks into it.

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet.

feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/146689911684/strong-hands-a-teagan-playlist-listen-on
8tracks.com/feralphoenix/strong-hands

Best girl just keeps on getting better.

Worst girl just keeps on getting worse.

I can understand Teagan not studying much, but how does she exercise less than Alto when Teagan's main method of attack is beating the crap out of people?

At least she chuckles AND flexes her muscles.

If I had to guess, it's that Alto's abusive parents push her into studying and/or training non-stop, while Teagan both has normal, sane parents and has to spend a lot of time looking after her younger siblings every day.

I did the math, and Teagan is basically getting in two-to-three hours of physical training each day, with a day taken off once per week to rest, while Alto is physically training five-to-ten hours each day without any rest.

Alto is basically beating her body into oblivion doing that, which explains why Teagan is the one who's in better shape. Although the gap between them isn't anywhere near as wide as it should be…

That said, I don't know enough about /fit/ness to say for sure if Teagan's supposed training time would accurately reflect the muscles she's supposed to have.

Thanks OP and till next time

This is exactly what I need to make a proper Teagan pawn in DDDA noice
also
B E S T G I R L
E
S
T

G
I
R
L

I'm willing to risk it. I've missed out on damn near everything and I don't I want to put anyone else through this right away.

I'm sure there are a few other people who have missed out on most of it, too, so you should try taking screenshots and reporting back to this thread for as long as it lasts.

Man, today was a pretty shitty day but this got me laughing like a lunatic. Thread might not last long enough when I get around to this because goddamn am I gonna have to play some other stuff and get that out of the way.

archive.is/5IW65

Sadly spoilered images won't work but that's fine. We did it Holla Forums

I've been looking for an isolated version of this image without the text that's normally with it since the last stream. You're a good nigga for doing the stream, but more importantly, thank you for this.
Sorry I had to miss it all. Maybe next year. Or sometime this winter, since we seem to be on a rough summer/winter schedule thus far. Just because I couldn't be around doesn't mean I don't love you meme loving fucks anyway.

Okay I was gonna give it an 11/10 but you didn't use "&Knuckles" so you'll have to settle for a 10
it was brilliant

f-list.net/c/teagan almace