Looney Liberals Now Say That Americans Must Give Up Their Pets In Order To Stop Global Warming

Dogs and cats are responsible for 25 to 30 percent of the impacts of meat production in the United States, said Orkin. Compared to a plant-based diet, meat production "requires more energy, land and water and has greater environmental consequences in terms of erosion, pesticides and waste," the study found. And what goes in, must come out. In terms of waste, Okin noted, feeding pets also leads to about 5.1 million tons of feces every year, roughly equivalent to the total trash production of Massachusetts.

nowtheendbegins.com/crazy-cat-liberals-now-say-americans-must-give-pets-order-stop-global-warming/

Most cat or dog lovers would say they can’t imagine living in a world without pets, but as the threat of global warming increases, environmentally conscious pet lovers may need to make some tough choices, according to the study. Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That’s the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.

Dogs and cats are responsible for 25 to 30 percent of the impacts of meat production in the United States, said Orkin. Compared to a plant-based diet, meat production “requires more energy, land and water and has greater environmental consequences in terms of erosion, pesticides and waste,” the study found. And what goes in, must come out. In terms of waste, Okin noted, feeding pets also leads to about 5.1 million tons of feces every year, roughly equivalent to the total trash production of Massachusetts.

“Given the significant environmental impact of meat production, the contributions of our omnivorous and carnivorous pets deserve special attention,” according to Okin’s study, published in the journal PLOS ONE. “The U.S. has the largest population of pet dogs and cats globally, with an estimated 77.8 million dogs and 85.6 million cats in 2015.” While previous studies have examined the impact of pet ownership on carbon use, water quality, disease and wildlife, Okin’s study delved into its impact on total U.S. energy and meat consumption and the environmental impact of that consumption. “This analysis does not mean to imply that dog and cat ownership should be curtailed for environmental reasons, but neither should we view it as an unalloyed good,” Okin wrote in the study. “It is clear that a transition to pets that eat less meat, and therefore have less environmental impact, would reduce the overall U.S. consumption of meat.”

Okin’s report notes the social and emotional benefits of owning dogs and cats, insisting the study is intended to increase the awareness of the impact such pets have on the nation’s meat-production industry and its environmental effects. “Additional research is needed to evaluate the animal content and human-edibility of ingredients in dog and cat food after processing, but the calculations presented here indicate that these pets comprise a significant proportion of U.S. energy and animal-derived product consumption, with the consequent environmental impacts, including greenhouse gas emission and feces production,” he wrote. Okin noted that the pet food industry has made advancements in manufacturing, product design and alternative protein sources, but more can be done. Simple measures like feeding domestic dogs and cats nutritionally appropriate amounts will certainly reduce their environmental and energetic impact, Okin wrote. “However, without large-scale reduction in their number and changes to the food system that drastically reduces the per-capita animal product consumption, the environmental and energetic impact of these animals will remain significant.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YZPJx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have zero self awareness.

But then how will the childless cat ladies cope?

dogs are niggers

>oh don't mind us, we need to have every single one of the above because we're (((saving the world)))!! we need all the resources we can get!

Makes you think.

Instead, why don't Africa and India just stop fucking so much?

I actually hope they try. People love their pets and this will most likely send them over the edge into outright rage more so than almost anything else.

pathetic

Ok, good luck getting the dog & cat "moms" to get rid of the only target of their wasted maternal instincts since these whores wasted their good years on the cock carousel. These niggers can't into strategy. Pick your fights, nigger.

So this is what finally sparks the Day of the Rope.
Welcome to Die.

They already do in the form of required licenses to own a dog or a cat, you have to pay fee to the city.

They'll just up the fee's and taxes until the average person can't afford one like they try to do with cigs and alchohol and soda and food with trans fat and fast food and gasoline and guns and ammo

Precisely. Time to push hard against single women that they're promoting global warming. They'll become absolutely miserable. Then they'll look for the path of least resistance to some sort of satisfaction and meaning and it will be racial politics.

Remember when it was cow farts? The cows are being fed to dogs so it must be the dogs fault now?

what in the fuck is this gay shit?

the meat dogs eat are left overs it basically grinded skin muscles fat and bones.
Their poop is what earth made of, grass and trees needs it

Is that what liberals truly want?

UK I assume

Basically what Jews want, Liberals picture some sort of magic, peaceful cyberpunk post-scarcity multiculti utopia.

Albeit with robot masturbation and heroin vending machines on the sidewalks but still.

UK I assume

Basically what Jews want, Liberals picture some sort of magic, peaceful cyberpunk post-scarcity multiculti utopia.

Albeit with robot masturbation and heroin vending machines on the sidewalks but still.

different user here, you have to pay the county every year have your pet registered every if you buy from humane or go to vet.

Nope bugerland does this too.

*every year

The registration isn't cheap ether you have pay for rabbis shots and any other shots your pet needs couple hundred dollars

What about the impacts of niggers on meat production in the United States?
What if liberals "Give Up Their Niggers In Order To Stop Global Warming"?

where? only shit i know is pitbulls or bigger dogs banned in places.

Consider this mathematic formula that will ultimately btfo any denier of this theory.

Cow -> cow farts = horrid for environment
Dog -> dog farts = not good for environment

Let's add the sides here

Dog + cow meat -> cow farts + dog farts = global warming

Are we clear, goy?

When you get shots for your dog they give a license tag for your dog there is a national database for the tags and which counties the owner got registered.

We can offset the impact our pets have by eliminating some key individuals along with some other groups of people.

If only by "give up your pets" they meant their pet NIGGERS, then I could get behind this.

Let's do some math. 1.4 billion humanoids live in Africa, so there must be at least that many niggers on the planet. There are also at least 40 million NIGGERS in the USA.

OTOH there are only about 170 million cats and dogs in the USA.

Comparing 40 million niggers at 200lbs apiece to 170 million pets at 20lbs apiece, I think it's safe to say that in the USA alone, NIGGERS have a far bigger carbon footprint.

Now pretty much only Whites keep pets, and pets are more common in the US, so globally we can say the same, right?

This is blatantly false. They might mistreat them, but there are plenty of niggers and spics with dogs. The Japanese also love keeping pets.

dogs hate niggers**

My brothers roommate was selling or trying to sell me and my father on buying his meme solar panels. He dressed up all spiffy and combed his hair for his big meeting and his argument for us purchasing his meme panels revolved around cow farts. I shit you not. This nigger said "cow farts" at least 50 times in a 15 minuet meeting.
The old man had a laugh at that one.

Jew York does this, and if you dont want to unnecessary mutilate your pet genitalia cutting its lifespan since you live in a city and always have dog on a leash so there is 0% of unwanted pregnancy, you pay more

Why does (((anyone))) care if you have a pet? If dogs breed and have a litter there is nothing (((they))) can do to stop you from selling them. Why not just buy pups and not give them any aids shots by the pharmajew? Why is anyone paying to poison their pets? like wtf.

Keep in mind that pets are implicitly white. Nonwhites simply do not own pets, with the only exception being niggers with pitbulls who only own them for dogfighting and protecting their drug stashes.

holy fucking shit user if you recorded that it'd be GOLD

Spics love pit bulls and chihuahuas.

cat ladies on suicide watch

Since when does giving a dog the snip lower its lifespan? If you only got your dog for work or companionship and have no plans on letting it fuck to get more, then neutering is more humane. Unless you're planning on never letting it leave the house without a diaper on and/or jacking it off yourself every time it needs release.
Companion animals for humans that aren't being used to breed don't need to be intact down there and you're removing the possibility of getting ball cancer to boot. You're confusing a useful, and I'd argue in modern times NECESSARY, surgery on companion animals with unnecessary circumcision on human children.

User was gassed for record-breaking stupidity.

Why do you say this kind of shit? Non-whites are inferior, but they do own pets. Cesar Milan has a dog training tv show and he's a spic. Japs put a huge amount of cat videos on the internet, and niggers have "pit boos". Saying that only whites have pets just makes you look stupid. Everyone knows we are superior, we don't have to exagerate how bad subhumans are.

Every white woman I see over the age of 22 has a fucking dog. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

They replace the white children they should have had with a fucking dog.

First they say white babies are a burden, now they say pets. Thy truly want whites to have no love/companionship in any way, shape, or form. They want us all to be lonely, bitter consumers and die out without a peep of resistance while the browns swamp the world.
Disgusting.

The only time solar panels are a good investment are when you buy the photovoltaic cells in bulk and build the panels yourself after figuring out your electricity usage.

I've owned pets for 30 years, not in my state we don't, and who the fuck would abide this shit anyways? Get some fucking balls

this is ridiculous. we all know that the only solution to these consumption problems is to lower the human population by a significant proportion. actively. no one but fringe crazies like me want to acknowledge it.

Ah yes go after people's animals, what could go wrong?

The elites do. Agenda 2030.

The difference is we want different populations dead.

Vets use their own private network between each other across Canada and the US (and maybe the EU I'm not to sure one that one), so even if a state doesn't require you pay a fine for not getting a proper dog license Vets keep track to fast track the paperwork.

Bring it on, every step they take is a step closer to their destruction.

Not sure if typo.

Those are artificial populations created by christcucks, who have been breeding shitskins since just before the 19th century. Without christcuck's breeding program, niggers in africa would be a third of their current numbers.

The thing is, want to solve the global warming-crisis? Kill the jews. It would go away within 5 years.

>Not embracing reptile mater race and feeding them eco friendly Turks Roaches as a sustainable, non-farming based food source

Low effort, low quality. Reported and hidden. Do better next time. Even if you're a hotpocket, that's no excuse for this drivel.

yep, cut all aid programmes to Africa, it will come back to equilibrium

If we have to get rid of something, I'd rather get rid of Massachusetts, honestly.

No. Their shit is not good at all for the earth, to be honest. I would never get rid of my dog and never encourage anyone else to.
However, carnivore shit contains pathogens. Things like cow and horse manure are good and as a bonus give us methane, a renewable energy source and waste product that can be used to power entire homes.
Carnivore shit is bad. Herbivore shit is good.

LET NATURE TAKE CARE OF ITSELF

see? its working just fine

Considering that the stray cat/dog population hasn't died out in any urban center anywhere in the world, and you still see lots of stray dogs and cats despite the poisoning and malnutrition: yes, it is.

At what point will the Guardian run a piece demanding that white's an hero in order to save the planet? They've already specifically demanded that whites stop breeding to save the planet. Now they can't have a pet, they can't eat the foods the enjoy.

CO2 IS NOT A POLLUTANT

I don't understand how people substitute pets for children. I love my dog plenty, and I can't imagine life without him. But compare that to my son? No contest, my son is my blood and an extension of myself.

Pets are amazing. But they're no substitute for kids. Having both children and a pet or two is optimal since animals teach white children plenty of concepts they need to learn in moderation. They teach compassion measured with discipline, they teach responsibility measured with freedom, and they teach love measured with protection.
Dogs are great for kids. Cats are okay, but they're cancer when people don't fucking watch the things.

Subconscious neurological demand wherein their bodies scream at them to take care of something–and if they’re too old, ugly, or used up to have children, they find a substitute in pets. OR IN FUCKING INVADING NONWHITES. Seriously.

Reported for intl. Do we have to kill every single last one of you for any of you to get the picture?

This. The dog meme hit women hard in the last few years. I'm not sure where they're getting their influence (Faceberg?) but it seems a dependable and consistent trend.

Where the fuck are the memes coming from, and what do they look like? Was it a TV show? Something on le Netflix? I really want to understand the ontogenesis of this cultural phenomenon.

Of course, women (at least the liberal city slicker variety) tend to be fucking terrible dog owners. They can't into accountability or discipline, and it shows and transfers to their dogs. They can't be bothered to actually spend the time and resources to train their dogs to not be disasters. And women make terrible pack leaders and can't command respect, so their dogs walk all over them. Combine that with inconsistency and laziness, and Bob's your uncle.

Add to that the expense of renting a Dog Hotel for the dog to go to during work hours city slicker women with dogs, not even once, followed by all of the other costs of owning dogs including opportunity cost can't go anywhere or do anything without considering fido's food and feels and the cost of fido's meds city-dwelling dogs are given antidepressants and tranquilizers by (((veterinarians))), and you have the modern embowered womyn.

When will these liberal retards tell the third world and 2nd world they can't live like the first world and if they want to they have to do it in a slow sustainable climb rather then a polluting explosion?

Fuck you. Who do you think you're kidding? Are people not supposed to know and ignore what christcucks are doing?

It takes less resources to care for a hundred pets than it does a single nigger.

Go back to your desert cave haji

i'll consider that if they give up their pet shitskins.

I didn't realize Sub-Saharan Africa counted as white.

THOSE DAMN MUSLIMS AND JEWS WANT TO TAKE MY DOGS AWAY!

Lol many breeds that have faced near extinction were in places ruled by marxists

A lot of modern day people are way too fucked up to have children.

It's not good for your lawn and it stinks terribly but it's good for the landfill and helps break things down. It's still tons of nitrogen and still good for plants, it's not like it's a big pile of pvc or styrofoam or something.

The punchline being, they are treading very, very close into "redpill the normalfags" territory with moves like this. You can degenerate culture, academia and spirituality 24/7 and plebs wont care, because they never cared about any of that shit. Fucking with pets especially after decades of marxist subversion from their natural role into surrotavistock children, is gonna push a massive amount of people to the right.

Holy fuck my sides.

Liberals' pet apes are by far the bigger problem

Sure, ignore all the organization's and all the churches outsourcing resources and even harboring illegals from ICE.

If you haven't noticed, Christians refuse to take any responsibility for how their religion has aided in bringing down white civilizations and supporting shitskins. They can do no wrong because of muh bible, and muh Semitic savior.

Burger here. This is a thing.

Go play with some plastic explosives, mahomed.

archive.is/YZPJx

I'm not ignoring them. I'm just aware that Fedoras are doing far worse, and with much greater frequency.

Fedoras who claim to be redpilled ignore the state of the Kali Yuga to take cheap pot shots at Christianity, just like Schlomo taught them to.

Instead of acting, you play the blame game. And you don't even blame the correct parties. You're trash, an edgy summerfag that thinks he's broken his conditioning because he said 'nigger.'

you do know that jews take great pride in being the founders of atheism.

Focus on the absurd meat industry first, maybe. That said, there are way too many dog breeds out there which should be genocided or started anew and there are way too many dog owners in the world who shouldn't have a dog.

To be fair it is true that the overwhelming number of pets Americans own causes huge environmental problems. On a warm day my entire city smells like dogshit, and you can't walk on the grass because the owners never clean up the shit. I wouldn't mind so much if they were useful dogs, but 9/10 of them are pussy purse dogs or fucking useless housecats.

However, we shouldn't go after getting rid of pets (a useless but relatively harmless parasite and waste of resources) until we get rid of every nog, spic, curry, feather, mullato, mudslime, and chink in the world (completely useless and very harmful parasites and wastes of resources and a global extinction-level threat in the long run.)

Funny how you never hear ((("environmentalists"))) talk about the apefrica problem, or the india problem, or the china problem, etc. Well, I'm a true environmentalist, and while I hate the effeminate rat-dog and disgusting cat-lady problem, the nigger problem is #1 by far. I don't want to hear talk about getting rid of dogs until there isn't a single nigger walking anywhere on this planet. Churn the bodies into fertilizer. Make apefrica into a nature reserve.

Also meat isn't the problem, it's the overpopulation of subhuman shitskins. Whites are 4% of the global population and stable. We are not the problem. The 9 gorillion niggers and chinks need a bullet in the head ASAP to save the planet.

It's a 500 euro fine here not to clean up dog shit and its enforced easily. It works in some areas, but for most it just means that they let the dog shit not right on the side lawn but a bit further in the nearby bush or something. Hidden in the summer mostly, but in the winter it's just masses of dog shit on the mounds of snow next to roads, and when spring comes and it all melts away and becomes wet and soggy and shit and piss fill the streets… fucking hell I hate spring.

I have the solution. We'll let fido dine on Jews on Tuesdays, blacks on Wednesday, spics on spicy Thursday taco night, mystery meat Fridays, then Saturday is Chinese food, Sunday leftovers and on Monday he can eat a salad.

Anybody that believes in global warming needs to get punched in the face daily until they no longer do.

Why?

Temps have risen a shitload on average from the average of the 80s. Climate change is happening and the ozone layer is thinning, there's absolutely no doubt about that. Most of it is because of animal farming, not fossil fuels though.

Really this. They call them "fur-babies". They aren't even real dogs, like a defense-purpose german shepherd or a golden retriever or something useful. Just this shitfactory anklebiters.

The kikes got one over on whites by convincing them that a rat-size shaking "dog" is a substitute for children. Works fine on white women for a few years before the unsettling realization that their clock is ticking sets in. They even haul them around in baby carriages for god's sake.

Obviously it's against the law not to pick up your dog's shit. Unlike yuurope we don't have CCTV on every corner yet, Sven. How are you going to enforce it? Laws don't mean jack shit if they can't be enforced.

And it's always some woman who wants "da cuuuuudee doggy omg" and then can't be assed to pick up its shit because "ewwwww" or "omg my nails". Also, there is NO WAY it is good for the environment as some anons are trying to say. First of all, the shit is bagged in plastic baggies, how is plastic waste good? Then it has to be hauled away in the trash, costing gasoline. It goes to a landfill, costing land to be tainted for 1,000 years. And the shit, even if it were left out, is full of pathogens and disgusting chemicals from the sub-par kibble food they give dogs. Cats are even worse, because not just do you haul out the shit but all the litter as well, all wrapped in plastic bags.

Global warming is bullshit, but environmental pollution and destruction IS real. I think the kikes pushed this global warming bullshit to subvert the entire environmentalist thought into being associated with wacko shitlib morons who munch vegan soy boccaburgers and wear hemp pants. Pollution is the real problem, as well as land waste and frivilous resource wastage.

We should have a global fascism to make sure our resources go 100% to furthering the human race (by which I mean whites and possibly japs and fingols) and space exploration/scientific progress. Under capitalism like 99% of our resources go to bullshit like SUVs to haul fatass suburbanite shit-for-brains to corporate zombie cuckjobs, or gibs for bix nooding negroids, or poo in loos, or other genetic waste. And plastic is an abomination.

But nooooooo, they had to subvert environmentalism, which should be the second most aryan cause right after science, into being associated with dipshit moonchildren and prius drivers.

If pets were outlawed, White women would probably start to have more kids instead of wasting their maternal instincts on animals.

This.

I'd pay to see rabbis shot user.

We have very cheap biodegradable dog shit baggies in every store in the country. Most at least buy them according to registered dog owners and amounts bought, but they don't always use them. A lot of owners tie baggies onto their leashes so they'll have one at hand if they forget to take extra.

Can't really say much about the cost of trash, but here trash tends to be separated and the vast majority of trash is burned and turned into electricity, not put in a landfill. Landfills are becoming a thing of the past, almost all of them have been turned into parks, hills or housing areas.

That would be counter-productive, we don't want people to believe in stupid global warming anyway, and women that believe in that to the extent that they feel guilty about having pets aren't going to have a positive outlook on having children either.

White women don't want to have kids. They have to be forced. Either we need machines that can mass-produce white babies, or we need breeding facilities where captured white women will be repeatedly bred and milked like the fat cows they are. I think the latter until the technology for the former is available would be ideal.

They're actually both responsible. The Jews created the situation, this is an indeniable fact, but some Christniggers are actually donating their own money and personally adopting niggers. It's a very serious problem, these people are just as brainwashed and dangerous as conventional liberals. It's stupid to ignore the DKOASQ (Dead Kike On A Stick Question), Christian Whites do not care about the White race- they only care about sucking Yahweh's circumcised dick to go to Heaven like the stupid mouth-breathing goys they are.

Temperature variations have to do with solar activity, not human activity. We don't have the technology to change the climate, especially not with (literal) coal-burning or bovine flatulence. The atmosphere is so large, the sum of all of mankind's emissions is not enough to make a difference in temperature (air quality, sure). Global warming is a complete hoax to push socialism, why do you think the "Green" parties are all far-left socialists?

Yeah, it's not that I don't care about the environment, of course I do, but the whole purpose of the "global warming" swindle is to hurt the west economically. The "cap and trade" they want would ruin whatever is left of the industrial west.

Cat and dog food is made of meat byproducts and waste food. Anyone suggesting that their food ADDS to environmental impact from meat production, is retarded. Pet food production actually reduces waste.

I'm guessing most of the sources for this won't be on the peer-reviewed portion of studies? Anyway, I can look on my own but if you have something to back this up as a start I would be glad.

This is a thing? Surrotavistock.

Not even close, don't be ridiculous. The number of "christian missionaries" and such cucks in America greatly outnumbers atheists. Atheists hardly donate to any sort of charity at all, while many millions of christians throw away large portions of their income trying to feed "god's children" in Africa.