Why are you still gayming on windows, Holla Forums?

Why are you still gayming on windows, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.en.html
store.steampowered.com/search/?term=&sort_by=_ASC&os=linux&page=1&snr=1_4_4__12
gog.com/games?system=lin_mint,lin_ubuntu&sort=bestselling&page=1
reactos.org/
reactos.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ
reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cuz i like to have more than 6 games to choose from

I'm not.

Still using windows 7, blocked all the updates.

Here have some succulent chicken breasts.

Because Wine is still not perfect.

I can't afford Windows so Linux Mint it is for me. I know there are people out there who will say that only autistic people use any other thing that Windows as their sole or main OS, but that's wrong because you are all faggots.

if you don't feel comfortable pirating and Os (which is fair, they are a haven for backdoors) you can buy a key for

Why would you even buy it?

What games can you play on Linux save a few?

Hey guys im installing debian with xfce. Can anyone reccomend some programs they love?

Because it has the video games I want to play, and I'm running Win 10.

Because I actually want to play games and not spend 5 hours just turning on my PC

← booting Linux in 15 seconds.

(Admittedly a lightweight distro, but still.)

i only use it to grief csgo tbh, valve hasn't activated vac on linux so ez cheats lmao

I guess he meant 5 hours configuring it
But yeah, weak bait

But I'm not

Kill yourself microshill

Right now I'm mainly playing Dominions 4, Skullgirls, Warband, EYE on wine, Minetest, Risk of Rain, and Dorf Fort
Still waiting on that Subnautica port : ^(

Fuck off

GNU/Linux is the perfect OS if you hate modern gaymen and rarely/never play anything that uses DirectX that can't be ported to OpenGL (until Vulkan or ReactOS get better)

When i boot up my shitty old Laptop with LXDE and fuck around in the terminal it feels like leaving the Windows Prison.
sage for blogpost

I want to use Linux over Windows, but it doesn't have access to most of the tools needed for modifying consoles and shit. Also Mint doesn't play well with my laptop and overheats for some fucking reason.

I want to update Mint to 18, but unsure if that'll fuck with my GRUB loader or not.

Because I'm comfortable with 7 and I dont have a reason to replace it

>no sculpting software not "no good software", just straight up no software period
Call me back when linux gets actual fucking full-time development team

Yes.

I use Mint for every device except my main PC. Win7 just has the most support. I disabled all the updates and spent a long time debloating it.

Anyway these threads are always shit because Holla Forums doesn't know what the fuck Linux is even all about, and everyone just flings shit at each other.

Because I learn and work on GNU/Linux you faggot

Because Linux has no games you faggot.

because i have a laptop and i dont know if there are linux drivers for my shit

Dropped.

This is satire, right?

tried installing Ubuntu but when the installer opened up and i was officially off of windows i couldn't continue past the first screen since my keyboard and mouse stopped working unless i went back to windows.

I'm not. Recently got Total Annihilation to work under Wine, so now there's nothing left I need Windows for. Feels good.

Does anyone here have experience with containers/chroot? I'd like to isolate Wine as much as possible without opting for VMs.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Come on man, i like laughing at "free as in freedums :DDD" guys, but that isn't even an issue

Her browser is still shit.

>>>Holla Forums

Install the themepack, she even says Welcome Back to you when you turn on the computer.She's the only one to say that to me ;_;

Should've ended here.

because it just works user

So you like her because you're 2ronery? Do you also support Windows 10 girl instead of the better XP or 7 ones?

I like her because she's a cute girl and that makes life worth living. Inori-tan and the Madobe family are all cute. When GNU+Linux gets a cute anime mascot I'll consider using it.

Windows 7 is the greatest OS ever created by mankind.

/thread

when i get a linux for retards i'll use it and help push your freetard agenda
until then good riddance

Why are you pc gaming period

Please just end your fucking life Buzzy. All you do is shitpost about your stupid fucking hipster OS and how funny your septic humor is. Nobody has even a giggle when you type "*shits on chat*" except Lilith and he probably just does it out of a feeling of obligation. Fuck you and fuck Discord. I'll never respect anybody too lazy to break out a goddamned IRC client for chat.

I like 8.1
Once I got the start menu back, that is

because i am a bluepilled fucking idiot goyim. i am retarded human veal

You want either one of the Ubuntu flavors (Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu etc) or Linux Mint. Then you just install PlayOnLinux through the Software Center and you're basically set.

It's not the best if you're after the most recent AAA releases (SteamOS helped make a bit of headway here), but so few of those are worth playing that I don't care. PlayOnLinux is good if you play a lot of pre-2004 games. That said, the Wine developers have really upped their game on vidya support. Even on my Athlon X4 645 and HD 6450 I can play STALKER, Deus Ex (ReVision + Invisible War) and The Banner Saga and have them run just as well as they would on Windows. They might run better if I was using the proprietary AMD drivers, but those aren't an option on Ubuntu 16. Get a 14 version for that.

Probably the most practical thing to do would be to dual-boot Windows and Linux until you're well passed the learning curve. I completely uninstalled Wangblows a month ago. Once I was at the point where Ubuntu was my primary OS, the disparity in performance in day-to-day tasks between the two made using Windows feel like a fucking chore

If you have a REALLY beefy computer, you might look into hardware pass through for gaming. I don't know shit about that, though. There are also emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2 available natively that run great if you have a good CPU.

I dunno. Why wouldn't I use Windows?

/g/ tier thread

I use and prefer linux/unix as my work environments.
Windows is purely to play games on and fuck around with. Its a media OS, essentially.

I gave up trying to get Linux to run any sort of game that wasn't native to it LONG ago. That shit is just a big fucking pain in the ass.
I have a full time job and responsibilities.
I don't have time to fuck around with any program for more than a few minutes just to get it to fucking WORK.

What's the old saying? Linux is only worth it if your time is worthless?

sorry mang, i don't have a top notch rig to emulate windows 7

Alright, Holla Forums, help an user out. I've got a new HDD coming in the mail and I was originally going to just use it for extra storage space, but now I'm interested in dual booting linux. Do I put my distro on the hard drive with windows already installed or do I install it onto my new hard drive when it gets here? Does it make a difference if they're the exact same model of hard drive? I don't have an SSD but I may get one in the future. I just want to know if it's better to have multiple OS on a single drive or not.

Linux can read the files from your Windows installation, but the opposite is not true. Personally, I prefer to install them on separate drives. It helps me keep things more organized, but it's up to you.

/thread

because GPU pass through is a bitch to set up

went back to ubuntu, steam won't install.

i'm okay with it tho tbh

Easier and more convenient for my nippon fappan games
not to mention I Never learned to properly install something manually, I tried installing AhoViewer once and got all sorts of different errors I never managed to figure out and felt so useless that I couldn't solve something so simple I decided I'd leave Linux for a later date, maybe when I'm older and wiser, or not in college, that works too

I don't want to mess around with compatibility any more than I already have to. There's nothing wrong with having a windows 7 install with the all the microshitware disabled to play videogames on. It is certainly inferior to most Linux based operating systems however.

sahgay cus these are always shit threads with no videogame discussion

Still no support for the games I like on Linux. And I'll be honest despite looking it up I'm still not entirely sure what makes Linux better than Windows except for the fact that Linux has more customization, but I never cared about that in an OS because outside of vidya, browsing and ebooks I'm not even using my PC for anything else yet forgive me /agdg/
And no foobar2k on Linux.

The opposite is absolutely true, please try out ext2fsd and don't spread disinformation

sage

Sorry, not an expert by any means, just sharing my experiences.

smh tbh fam

I'm using Linux Mint XFCE, but the way you make threads (without any info, tips or guides for Loonix users or Winfags wanting to migrate) is beyond stupid. Stop making template shit threads

It's the same shit every year when it comes to Linux. It's constantly 5-10 years behind when it comes to running non-native killer apps (aka all the stuff that matters to normalfags) or taking full advantage of hardware. Even when it can take full advantage of hardware the purists complain because the code isn't open source or it side stepped the GPL in some way. There is always some half working reversed engineered hack job laying around that everyone shills even though it's years from begin on par with the windows drivers.

The reasons why it remains a hobbyist OS have been the same for 20+ years. Instead of doing anything useful about it like educating normalfags or taking the fight to the courts to get the IP laws changed linuxfags are content to sit in their safe spaces and bitch while pretending to be enlightened because they can follow instructions like every other idiot with too much free time.

Most of them don't even understand the inner workings of the OS, just ask them for help and watch as they copy/paste the same instructions that were posted on the ubuntu forums in 2009. Oh you aren't using [my-preferred-linux-for-normalfags]? Sorry man I can't help you, you really shouldn't run [some-faggots-linux-distro] anyway it isn't as good as [distro-of-the-month] or [I'm-hardcore-because-I-installed-gentoo-stage3-once]. For a newbie like you I actually suggest [latest-fork-of-ubuntu] but don't run [DE-that-I-hate] because [DE-that-I-shill] is so much better and you shouldn't need a GUI in the first place! Standards? What? Why would I want standards when I have the freedom to do nothing useful!

Face it [users-of-another-OS] Linux is just better! I mean, it does power most servers and embedded systems after all, even though the use case I'm shilling for has almost nothing to do with either of those. It somehow proves my OS is better even though I'm basically talking out of my ass right now and have never set-up a basic web server in my life.

List ten DirectX12 games that you constantly play. Every other game runs perfectly fine on Lunix.

When you're trying to bait a thread, you're not supposed to act retarded user…

Gayming on windows?
Today I was writing Go and polymer on windows.
Fuck this shit is horrible.

Because the fundamental reason why gaming sucks on GNU/Linux is because of a conflict of interest between game developers and core GNU OS developers and this issue will never be fully addressed?

List ten games that came out in the last 12 months for Linux that aren't over five years old on Windows.

Enjoy your security holes and system exploits that you aren't fixing

Linux doesn't have drivers for my keyboard, and I don't feel like spending $200 on a new one so I can keep working.

Stardew Valley
Undertale
Death Road to Canada
Near Death
Dungeon Escape
Hearts of Iron IV
HardCube
RimWorld
Defect
StarBreak
I know, but it's not related to what you asked.

hi reddit

Installing updates won't save you from this either. Windows security is a joke.
For example, Windows has had a admin privilege escalation bug ever since Windows 95 and no one yet has been bothered to fix it.

Well the names are marked out so we have no idea who these people are, and no example snippets are actually shown

Until we can get any sort of validation behind this disgraceful strawman it is effectively an argument by assertion

Please feel free to contest this, freetard

You're seeing a conflict where there is none. Even rms doesn't think proprietary vidya is too bad, although he of course does not support them as they aren't free software: gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.en.html

A game developer can still hold his copyright and release his game as free software, this is true on paper

But how realistic do you think this scenario is to many developers?

Not very, hence why they don't do what Stallman wishes they did. Stallman's opinion causes game devs no problems whatsoever, just like my opinion or yours. Likewise, Stallman can use a pure free distro instead of SteamOS and isn't really inconvenienced by the nonfree games.

i'm gaming on linux because i'm an autistic nigger who only plays minecraft and terraria

Because it has all the games.

Question to those who have recently upgraded their distro/kernel from 3.x to 4.4: Have your framerates improved in 3D games? I ask because I updated Mint 17.3 to 4.4 kernel and I think my games run more smoothly now. Tomb Raider and Saints Row 3 as native Linux games and Skyrim and Divinity 2 in Wine for example. I'll just wait and see if I start getting errors after updates because Mint 17.3 is supposed to use kernel 3.19.

Haven't noticed any particular change, maybe you updated something along with it?

Nope. Just kernel few days ago. Only some png library update after that. Of course it might be plasebo-effect because I never keep fps display on. But on the other hand, I didn't expect drastic changes to anything.

I'd totally install that on another browser if it was an option.

Because Windows keeps getting more and more hostile and you've got no choice but to bend over and take it. I admittedly still have a Windows 7 install but that'll be the last one I ever do.

I seem to remember trying that once and having issues. It may have been something else and it was a long time ago, around the time Debian Lenny was new.

My favourite case of that is at our local TAFE. You can't install printers in control panel, or AutoCAD, or IE. But you can in the Windows photo viewer.

That only applies to non-code parts. Also fuck Stallmin.

Not anymore because everything is outsourced. But a while ago it wouldn't have been such an issue, most engines weren't any good for licensing.

Because I like actually having video games and not using a meme OS

Fucking nips.

This expression indicates a wangblows users confusion and lack of understanding. When confronted by the superiority of Linux he will mumble "b.. but no games" or "autism". This is usually followed by hours of modding Skyrim with no intention of playing it, or playing the latest trendy ASSFAGGOT such as Overwatch.

I want to fuck Python tan

Because I don't want to have 70% of the PC library locked away from me because of my shitty buggy OS.

But user, most of those games are shit. Just surrender your life to the way of Dorf and Skulltag.

I'd hate to use Windows, too.
Sorry.

store.steampowered.com/search/?term=&sort_by=_ASC&os=linux&page=1&snr=1_4_4__12

gog.com/games?system=lin_mint,lin_ubuntu&sort=bestselling&page=1

Anyway I'm GPU-less so I've had no reason to reboot to my Windows SSD lately. Been playing nothing but DOOM lately and not really long sessions or anything.

My DE is annoying me because of crappy multi-monitor bugs although I'm not sure if it's actually the DE or xrandr.

Hi, since you're both very knowledgeable about games that are supported on Linux, i'd like to ask if someone such as myself could continue his current passions in video games by switching to Linux.

You see i'm really fond of games like Monster Hunter, i'm sure you can recommend me valid alternatives on Linux that are just as fun and had just as many years to develop and become polished, tight products, after all Linux has been around for a while now.
I'm also extremely fond of high speed character action games, possibly something that has the level of polish, mechanical depth and tightness of Bayonetta 2, please.

I'm confident you'll be able to enlighten me on expertly designed Linux supported alternatives for these types of games so i can continue my love for video games as a video game anthusiast with years of experience with this medium, and thus, naturally, high expectations for my games to have mechanical polish in their execution.

I eagerly await your response.

This is obviously a mustard race bait thread, what are you doing in here?

Its actually better than ever to be a gamer on Linux provided that you really only want to go for indie games.
Many of them are made in a way to allow them to port to any device ever so they often end up on Linux.

What Steam and/or GoG should be doing is figuring out how to make some WINE quick-installers to bundle with games that haven't been ported over to the native environment.
You wouldn't even have to do this for every possible OS flavor, just pick one (Ubuntu maybe) and the rest will figure itself out as the community works to get things to be smoothly run on their own flavors.
The wonderful thing about Linux is that it ultimately doesn't matter what flavor you install.

i know how facebook does filenames without having ever used it.

I got a grand total of 3 games on my Linux machine.
One is Factorio, one is Minetest, the third is Dwarf Fortress.
All others either don't work that simply, or simply are shit.
Fuck Linux gaming, It sucks ass.

I have 64

If a game is windows-only I'm less likely to invest in it.

there are still games i play or would at least like to have the window of opportunity available with no loonix port (battlefield bad company 2, bf3, the crew, gta 5, planetside 2, space engineers, whatever that comes out in the future and i might take interest).
I'm looking up passthrough and apparently i'd still have to restart the OS to juggle the gpu between the emulated PC and linux, is there a way around that? Otherwise i'll still stay on winblows since i won't have proper access to all the video games

Sorry. Like I said, I don't know shit about it. All I know is that it works very well for those with the hardware for it. You might want to ask Holla Forums. They were pretty helpful when I was having Linux issues. You'll probably get better responses there.

because im not a faggot.

If i ever decide to leave windows i'll go to rectos, Linux is horseshit. written by idiots without direction. Every open source software ive used has been absolute shit.

reactos.org/

LINUX HAS NO GAMES

FU and P3rd on PPSSPP, even has netplay.

PCSX2 and DMC3.

Go back to sucking off your Bernie-loving fat hippy OS.

We all know the pros and cons of Linux, the pros and cons of Windows. Why the fuck are you trying to discuss about it
Check em

Lol, stupid gaymerfags.

Lad cumon

Stop spamming this shit no one gives a fuck that you can play dos games at 15 fps on a buggy unstable OS. If this OS ever became capable of running any modern windows programs at decent performance it be shut down by microsoft before you could even blink.

because the load times are atrocious, seriously, I only want to be cuhrayze! but the load times are killing me

its not 15fps, obviously if you record and play a game at the same time its going to suffer.

who would buy a capture card for no reason other than prove a point to others.

xfce pretty much comes with everything you will need as a normal user. It tries to keep everything under the hood while keeping the "under the hood" easily accessible and understandable.
Just a few things
install the clipman plug in, is basically a copy/paste manager
don't ditch gmusic browser (it should come with xfce), once you get used to it every other music player will feel like shit
and if you are going to use blender remember to change the window manager keybindings from alt to hyper/supper/whichever recognizes as the windows key in your keyboard to whatever the fuck you want

There is literally no reason to use anything but pirated windows 7 for video games

Who mac master race here?

I also missed it when I made the switch (I use Linux Mint XFCE now), but I've found Rhythmbox and Banshee to be better.

The only two things I really miss from Windows are that neither famitracker or old doujin games work on WINE

Waiting for WINE to get better.

/thread

Jesus Christ, when will Septembre end?

As soon as you leave

Have you tried it? It's pretty good now.

wine is an emulator. it will never get better.

Reactos uses actual windows .dll's so its the best thing.

wew lad. fb2k runs great with wine its just a bit more of a hassle to rice.

What the fuck can OS X do that GNU/Linux can't do?

be usable.

(checked)
It's been a long while since I booted from my SSD with Mint on it. Maybe a year or so?

Care to go into more detail about Reactos?

Well then, at least you have the option to still use it.

OH YEAH!

its an open source software written from scratch on C# thats unix based and runs native windows .dll's and rivers so its binary compatible with windows and some linux programs. reactos was originally written for windows95 but was scrapped when windows was moving too quick. it later gained more fame by people and they have more coders working on it, they used the windows NT architecture to develop reactos from.
right now it looks like windows xp, in the future they will make it so it looks like windows vista and 7.

reactos.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ

since this video there have been updates that fixed his problems.

Am I reading this right?

yes its open source, if you want you can help by adding support to software that you want in it.

Isn't reactOS still incredibly early in development?

ReactOS works very closely with Wine, and thus both projects actually benefit from each other. We have several developers in both the Wine and ReactOS projects that work on cross-compatibility issues between the two projects.

It is our view that Linux + Wine can never be a full replacement for Microsoft(R) Windows(R). ReactOS has the potential for a much higher degree of compatibility – especially for Microsoft(R) Windows(R) drivers – which Wine does not address.

Actually we work very closely with the Wine project. Wine probably has a lot more in common with ReactOS than with Linux. The Wine project has the goal of implementing the entire windows API on top of WineServer. There are only a few Wine dlls that cannot be used in ReactOS. These are Ntdll.dll, User32.dll, Kernel32.dll, Gdi32.dll, and Advapi32.dll. The rest of Wine's DLLs can be shared with ReactOS. We have several developers in both the Wine and ReactOS projects that work on cross-compatibility issues between the two projects. It is our view that Linux + Wine can never be a full replacement for Microsoft(R) Windows(R). ReactOS has the potential for a much higher degree of compatibility – especially for Microsoft(R) Windows(R) drivers – which Wine does not address.

its in alpha 0.4.1 but its much more usable now than it was in previous versions.

you can download the 0.4.2 test version if you want.
reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.2

It's still not ready to play games on though

Peripheral drivers and many DX games I enjoy, also every time I install one of the "beginner" distro's I always have issues that take hours of searching to fix. Even Ubuntu can't install shit from it's own program repository without shit breaking.

actually it can play games just fine, its only that some games might have problems so you should report the issue with devs and they can help fix the issue and bug fix so that newer versions of the os are able to play every game. the devs dont have access to all software and games so you can help bring more games available to the os.

false

You can do the same thing with Wine.

another hit-and-run template shitposter strikes again!

actually you cant, wine is basically an emulator and it can never be 100% compatible. but reactos can.

System requirements
The minimum requirements to install ReactOS are:

RAM: at least 64 MB, recommended 256 MB.
Processor: x86 or x64 architecture, Pentium or later and compatibles; for more information see ReactOS ports.
HDD: IDE/SATA with minimum 450 MB of free space on the primary partition (please note that some SATA controllers may not work with ReactOS):
FAT16/FAT32 primary boot partition.
Video: VGA compatible video card (VESA BIOS version 2.0 or later).

Don't fall for the Linux meme, Holla Forums.

I remember reading on some forums how Linux nerds wusanted to convince people to jump on the Linux boat. How about you cunts actually have a product available before you "sell" people something.

Linux fags don't care about your wellbeing, they just want you to use what they use.

they know its shit but want to trick you into joining them, then you are stuck.

Good job restating the same bullshit again. Here's your (you).

nigga you dumb
look up what WINE stands for

Because why not, exactly? If I use windows to only play vidya, I lose pretty much nothing, and I don't have to set up wine or a decent linux distro. I can instead use a different computer with linux to browse the internet with. Don't be retarded.

Everytime I go back to Windows I am reminded how static it is and how unusable and slow it is.
It may be just because sometimes I need to use my terminal, but I'm having a lot of fun playing the occasional game while programming.

I also have a cheap banana pi turned into a retro online gaming station.

I don't care what anyone uses as long as more stuff (mainly games) are supported on Linux and graphics drivers, software, APIs etc get buff. The only time I wish anyone would stop using Windows is when I'm trying to help them with something computer related or we're trying to communicate and they need to download some software. It takes fucking forever for them.

Wait, really?

/thread

my childhood mmo is on linux now so im not
my windows gaming pc has been neglected for like 3 months now

Manjaro or Mint ?
I never used a Linux distros before
Does Neko Project II and RetroArch work on either of them?

ITS PERFECT LINUX GAMES JUST LIKE WINDOWS

1. mint
2. dunno

kekus maximus

RetroArch works perfectly fine on Gentoo, so it should work on other distros as well. Can't say anything about Neko Project II because I never got around to configure it. It starts, at least.

I fucked something up and now shit won't install, and if I try to fix it, it will ruin the computer.

LINUX WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

hey man just reboot it and click "last known good configuratio-
OH WAIT
i mean just uhh just put the setup disk in and repair the-
oh WAIT

moshi moshi
baitu desu

Why did you call yourself Freetard?

its ok fam, sorry linuxfags have to autistically fuck around in their OS to fix even the tiniest issues.

problem identified

I'm not using Ubuntu, I'm using Trisquel. Stallman uses it too. I don't know what do do anymore because I don't understand what is going on. I'm now forbidden to install or update anything because of that problem.

what the fuck did you uninstall or install to cause this dependency resolution circus act?

trisquelch is literal diarrhea seepage from a hemorraging asshole thats been plundered by 10,000 dicks of black gays

I just tried installing the newest version of kdenlive from source and then tried a ubuntu repository after that failed because the version on trisquel was from years ago.

POST YFW YOU DIDNT FALL FOR THE LINUX MEME

That probably fucked everything up. Try removing it from apt-sources.

otherwise:
copy your /home to somewhere else
install some ubuntu spinoff that isn't fucking trisquel
copy /home from somewhere else to new /home

Also if you reinstall, make /home a seperate partition.

i still boot it in a virtual machine to play around with because its fun to do so

dont use unsupported repos from other distros unless you know what ur doin but better yet just dont. if u want newer version then install from source. treat package managers like the retarded toddler they are, keep it simple and easy.

is that the donald trump mod?

I remember removing it already. Everything seems fine now. I think the issue would be solved if I knew how to downgrade software since it seems like the issue is that a package wants to be upgraded, but it will fuck up a bunch of other packages if it does so

Still can't seem to install the netplay version successfully.

You can run foobar in Wine, but I eventually just said "Fuck it" and switched to Clementine.

People who prefer to play vidya on PC's, and have spent time building their own systems, but choose to stay on shackled to Windows because hey can't adapt to a new OS and learn how to get their shit working are no better than console kids.

That is the biggest problem with Linux. Yah it has greater functionality, but people will not use it and it suffers from lots of regression issues also

Are you using steam on trisquel? I think the stinky cheese man just fell over. Also: sudo apt-get install $package=$package_version

I'm comfortable with it, I've prevented the cancer that is windows 10 for infecting my pc and I don't want to break my computer by fucking up something which everyone will tell me is easy to do.

Try harder

Linux isn't there for gaming or even normal use yet. It "works out of the box" for power users who are willing to spend the requisite time reading man pages, learning the core utilities, and proper package management. Most of the desktop managers feel incomplete and need to be supplemented by a virtual terminal in order to make them fully usable.

Unlike Windows or OSX it is perfectly acceptable and even accepted to fall-back on the terminal to fix errata when something goes awry. This isn't a bad thing considering the paradigm space that GNU/Linux occupies but it makes it difficult for the standard "dumb user" to use as most just want a simple tool that lets them visit the internet, watch videos, listen to music, use Office programs, and play video games.

Unity and KDE are close to what one would expect from a fully functional and easy to use system but don't quite hit the mark in terms of their respective visual aesthetics and core utilities (network configuration, etc.). KDE Plasma still looks like a "fake windows" in 2016 and doesn't really offer a tangible incentive for Windows users to switch, barring philosophical motivations. Pantheon, likewise, has the same problem but as the Linux analog to OS X. In order to bleed users from Windows and OSX, Linux desktop environments need to offer a usability/design advantage that is significant enough to trump the staying power of familiarity. A good desktop environment needs to do things better than the competition while simultaneously asserting it's own identity and brand.

As far as actual software support is concerned, Linux has a long way to go before it becomes a ubiquitous gaming platform. I use i3 on top of Arch as my normal computing platform but I still need Windows for a lot of software and games that either have poor performance on Linux or simply aren't available on Linux.

solution: dumb retards dont use computers anymore. facebook goes bankrupt, many kikes cry, and the world is as it should be

A valid normative assessment but it doesn't mesh with the nature of reality. The fact is, people like your grandma have more pull than you in the computing world because of incentives founded in demographics.

everything you just said is due to kikes. hence my solution remains applicable

ps ur anime waifu is a slut

WINDOWS EMULATOR
WIN-EMU
WINE

nigger please.

Wine Is No Emulator

she's actually pure, she acts like a slut to get attention by normalfags because she wants a boyfriend, after she found her boyfriend he fucked her and found out he had 7 other girlfriends and in the next game she goes into prostitution or some shit.

you're a real human bean user
don't let anybody convince you of otherwise

You spent all that time and money on your very on custom system for the convenience and freedom it gives you over consoles yet you stick with a shitty boggled down OS that restricts the very freedom you sought out and only has programs for it in the first because its creators were cutthroat turbo mega kikes back in the early 90's and managed to get all the major PC manufacturers to slap their software on their machines.

Your "arguments" boil down to spewing regurgitated opinions and epic maymays. On the same level as console kids when they say all that criticize their weak locked down shit machines are "trolls" or "haters" or "fanboy of competitor". No substance, no thought, just repeating nonsense. They have no logical reason to use consoles but refuse to listen to reason in favor of shoving their head far up their own ass.

You suffer from the same, but your problem is that you have no logical reason to use an inferior OS on your PC.

how about linux step its shit and provide something that works then you can blab all you want. as of now linux is horseshit, you cant rely on valve or steam to bring shit to you. just because you have steam does not mean its 100% compatible.

I never mentioned steam once friend.

You sound like a lazy nigger that wants everything spoonfed to him. You want things to "jus werk" without any input from you, the user and administrator of your machine. If you can't do your own troubleshooting and fix your own issues then you have absolutely no business owning a custom rig. This is what I mean about refusing to adapt and being on the same level as a console user. You clearly don't actually give a shit about maintaining a certain standard, so you really should just sell your computer and go buy a used PS4.

We'd both be happier for it.

Lincucks btfo. The only distro left that isn't shit is Slackware and I know none of you retarded faggots that actually shill Linux for gaming use it. Linux has no games.

guess what retard, if your peice of shit vaporware os cant spoonfeed me and "just wrk" out of the box, than its not worth the time. im not going to waste my time going in to shell and making sure i do this obscure hackjob just to fix something that should have already been ready out the box.

Speaking of windows 10 girl why isn't there more porn of her getting punished for spying on you? Perfect material for rough sex and bondage art. Also objectively the best way to spread the news about windows spying.

Linux gaming is a meme.

You can thank System D, incompetent pajeets and SJWs for why Linux is shit. There was a point where it was finally starting to be usable at the end of last decade, but then a bunch of ignoramus cunnnythumbers thought it would be a great idea to take a UNIX clone and make it as Windows like as possible. It wasn't built for that and it makes everything shit. The BSDs are the only UNIXclones left that are built correctly, but if you think there's remotely enough software for it, let alone games to be usable then you're a literal memelord. Also they're not meant to be out of the box OSes anyway so Windows users either get fucked by Microsoft or they spend 5x too much on a Macintosh PC for a slightly better computing environment with less software, few games and still get fucked by Apple.

you've outdone yourself

hi, the screenshots of skyrim i posted earlier were taken on a computer running slackware gnu linux.

I'm not a macfag, but Lincucks wish they had the software support OS10 does.
Stay mad. Wake me up when video editing is possible on Linux and people stop shilling the shitty Blender meme.

You're a tolerable human being then. But gaming on Linux as a whole is a a joke.

I would generally agree with you regarding your sentiment of linux gaming. However, I've recently had great success running games with minimal effort through the latest builds of WINE and I feel that things are getting better. I've noticed too that a great many more games are being released and either providing sources or gnu linux compatible binaries, I think this is thanks to mono and the unity engine in most cases. To be fair I do not play AAA titles because they are shit.

ps the graphical errors present in my screenshots are due to mod incompatibilities, not the OS, and the game runs perfectly well at 60 fps.

i meant it does less than windows 7. Windows xp is so shit it shouldnt even be called windows at this point. Mac also didn't come to mind because I don't even think I can call it an OS. Youre a fag.

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

I edited a video using blender on linux and it was great. I don't understand your issue.

You've never done professional work.
Blender also isn't suitable for YTPs.

What a loss

Newbie here

Just installed mint on a shitty old netbook I had laying around

What am I in for?

Alright I'm tired of this issue. I'm going to do something drastic that might fuck up my entire computer. Wish me luck!
Yes, do as I say!

YTPs contain some of the most advanced video editing skills out there. I've done professional work for people for actual money (something NEETs wouldn't know anything about) and if it's not good enough for shitty ear rape fuckfests then it's certainly not good enough for real world use. My version of Vegas is over 10 years old and Blender is still nowhere half as capable or user friendly even without plugins installed

Go to software manager. Download play on linux. Install latest WINE through it. If possible, go to drivers and switch to nvidia. You can now play most games your netbook can handle. Since linux operates close to the hardware than windows your netbook will perform better than how it did previously.

That's a bunch of nonsense, Linux is just a lot smaller than Windows.

you dont know how to use it, so its shit. I don't even want to argue with you about this, but your opinion stinks of poo poo

I do know how to use it. It has retarded user input just like the rest of Blender. It's great modeling software

You're still dodging the issue of the fact that nobody in the industry is going to use your meme editor. It's better than every other free editor, but it's going to be at least 7 years or so before it can catch up to 11 year old standards..

you sound like a faggot who also uses winxp like a 10 year old nostalgiafag cant give an actual rebuttal. out of the thread already.

How are you enjoying your interactive telescreens, fellow goyim? Remember, Linux is only for hipster nerds that wear tinfoil fedoras. TRUE gamers use Win10 with all updates and features enabled.

I'm not a blender dev and I dont want to argue with you. Thus, I will concede this argument. You are right and you win. Continue using Sony™ Vegas™ Pro 13 Suite
Only £525.95

Guys we got a ANIME NIGGER IN HERE

MODS!

then use free software :)

Get your fucking priorities straight.People will use Linux in the real world when it has real world software, which it does not have.

So I don't live in the real world?
What do you define as "real world software" anyways, bloated Adobe suites and EA Origin™?

Unfortunately Bloated Adobe suites are the only software with professional level capabilities. So yes. Get a job you fucking NEET.

No, you get your priorities straight. You are obviously very confused. You claim to dislike the practices of international corporations, but you speak out against the very people who are making big progress against them. If you want change, make a change. Boycott software and become a contributor to the cause. Don't whine and steal. Even if you are not paying for it, you expand the market share in their favour, which they profit from anyway.

This is what freetards actually believe.

Nah most of their software is garbage beyond all comprehension. Premiere and After Effects actually do things nothing else can. I use Vegas because it most of what Premiere does but runs 100x better.

t. circumcised windrone with stockholm syndrome

Anyone can bait with some random defective mod.

I never said it wasn't in spite of your tone. My argument isn't that Windows is superior in a technical sense.

I love my grandma.

Never said it was. You argument is that windows is for people who don't give enough shits, are old/out of touch or otherwise are just normalfags.

It's funny that this is supposed to be an argument FOR window.

Windows' slogan used to be "Where do you want to go today?" Well I can tell where windows can go.

I wasn't arguing for Windows either. I was more criticizing the idea that Linux somehow has the capability to replace the standard PC desktop for people who aren't power users.

ReactOS 1996-2015

Considering that phones and tablets have replaced normalag desktops, you'd be surprised how few shits people would probably give if off the shelf computers came with a just werks flavour of linux. Sure there'd definitely be the people who immediately are like WTF where dah windows for my X piece of shit proprietary software that I'll never learn an alternative for because I'm a corporate dick sucking slave. But those will probably buy a mac or something anyway.

Hell if you made a DE look exactly like windows the average user wouldn't even think anythings not windows (just better) until they try to install software and realise it works via package managers and not downloading .exe's

As a video editor I can say you are 100% full of fucking shit.