If the Tau'ri are so great O'neil, then why don't they have any good Stargate video games?

If the Tau'ri are so great O'neil, then why don't they have any good Stargate video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

babylon.hard-light.net/official_downloads.php
moddb.com/mods/starcry
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stargate is shit.

Stargate is a progressive memes filled show. Made by jews.

I only watched the movie, the rest looked kinda shit tbh

Even worse, it's made by Canadians.

The movie isn't that great. Seasons 1-2 are wonky as fuck just like Star Trek: The Next Generation and after that it gets pretty fucking good for like 5 seasons.

4 U

I really liked the movie

SG-1 starts slows but gets pretty good, has some real hit or miss stuff for a couple seasons, then the Ori/priors stuff at the end is shit.

Atlantis is alright for the most part, can be kind of boring sometimes.

Universe is very different in tone, which made it interesting. Although it got cancelled so you'll never get a conclusion to the plot.

As for vidya, there are a couple mods that come to mind.

Is everyone excited for the trilogy of movies that will reset and reboot the franchise?

i went to see the new independence day
now i cant see emerich making anything good even tough the original stargate movie was good

tell me captain sheridan if earth alliance is so great why dont the have any good b5 games

I doubt it really matters who is making it. How many reboots these days turn out good?

This. I thought Universe was fairly decent, different to the other two series and had some promise to it until it got cancelled.
I seem to remember there was a studio working on a SG game but they were shut down for whatever reason. I think the studio was called Cheyenne Mountain Games and were owned by the production company who did the SG-1 tv show

Universe had too many young adults and too much crying for me to like. I can't like a show if I hate everyone in it which is why I didn't like Breaking Bad or Stranger Things

Also I think there was some actual criminal activity involved in shutting down the Stargate MMO

I meant more that it had promise a it takes place in a part of the universe that the Goa'uld hadn't been to, so either no, or very few humans compared to the other series. From what I remember though the series never got to get that far.
Not sure I remember reading about any criminal activity, I'd read about the game ages ago so I'll have to look that up. Sounds interesting.

I liked it when they still tried to incorporate archaeology into the fluff, instead of just focusing on the aliens.

The Goa'uld never travelled outside of the Milky Way.
The human worlds encountered by Destiny in Universe were all time-travel-fucked colonies settled by the Destiny crew and their distant descendants.

The show's entire premise, closing the loop as to why the Ancients can't intervene to affect the course of events in the universe, is that the humans on Destiny will reach the end of the universe and loop back in time so far that they become the original Ancients that sets the entire show's lore into motion.
The farther the Destiny went, the more developed and older the human colonies were. First only a few hours, then a few years, then a few decades and then there was a region that underwent an entire interstellar war between the two civilizations started with the opposed ideals of the scientist and the military guy.
Eventually they would have found enlightened civilizations more and more closely resembling ancient society. In the final episode, they'd find themselves back at Earth circa 5 million B.C. at the height of the Ancient civilization to be welcomed as the progenitors.

Yeah that's what I meant, I could have worded it better.
Is that speculation or is that what the writers had planned to happen? I haven't been keeping up with anything about the show since they axed it.
I do remember an episode where the countries of Tanara and Futura (the Novus descendants of the displaced Destiny crew) being in a state of cold war over the differing ideals of science guy and military guy until they fled the planet.

CHEVRON 6 ENCODED

There is (it's a stand-alone mod for FS2 but it's still gud)

babylon.hard-light.net/official_downloads.php

CHEVRON 7

NEVER EVER

wait what?!

Yeah, they're rebooting it.
Apparently the original film was meant to be the first part of a trilogy, so that's what they're doing.
They say they'll incorporate parts of SG-1.
From what I've read the "expanded universe" of Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) was probably never supposed to happen, but did due to studio changes and rights changing hands.

Show was p gud until it got to the Ori. Once O'Neil left it just wasn't the same.

I wouldn't say the replacement actors were necessarily bad, but they couldn't really replace what was lost. Also, they probably could've gotten a better enemy than another Goauld rehash.

they didnt do anything interesting in the Ori galaxy, i was expecting some exploring and shit
he was getting old, i didnt mind them putting O'Neil to rest.

Even though I only saw a few eps each of s9 and 10, I ended up liking Mitchell a lot more than I thought I would from the two sequel movies.
Vala was kinda eeeeh.

I thought the Battle of Antarctica in s7 was one of my favorite moments in the show, but I'd have to go back and rewatch the rest of it to be sure.

I keep forgetting Atlantis was cut short to be honest by the end I was only watching it for Jewel Staite

It wasn't the same once Don S. Davis finished, it's like they couldn't find anyone who was decent enough to replace him. O'Neil taking over command of SGC just didn't feel right to me.
Though like I didn't really mind Mitchell too much.

Plz user, no

That's a good fucking question. Where is my tactical squad-based FPS? WHERE IS MY RAINBOW SIX IN SPACE?

BSG>SG>ST

SG-1 was good because it had episodes not related to the main plot that had their own little stories wrapped up after an hour.
The whole idea of the stargate and exploring distant worlds to find weapons and tech that improved the entire race was awesome.

Especially when they made a fucking starship, and I think Russia did as well.

Oh dear. Unless you mean original BSG rather than the remake. I wouldn't rate it above SG or ST but I like it plenty.

200 was great because in it they openly admitted to ripping off Farscape in the last seasons (which is the only thing that made that show tolerable again).

Stargate first seasons were OK but it stopped being good pretty early (I'd say from the third season, basically when they kill Sokar stupidly after so much build up).
It was laughable that every hurdle never scared any characters (How many waifu Daniel porked that died? 6? 12? 100? How many men carter sort of dated but broke off because of work/O'Neil? 15?), every episode was basically the same (to the point you could time predict it) and extremely bland sci-fantasy.

The injection of Black and Browder in the two last seasons is what saved the show from a much much more early axe (which wouldn't have been bad).

Atlantis was, hey let's take all our less talented actors, in a show that's already suffering of generic story telling and make a sideshow out of it. To start the crew is on gigantic city left by the most advanced civilization in the galaxy. Wait ain't that OP? The most advanced civilization in the galaxy that forgot to pay the electricity bill.
A gigantic turd from the get go.

Stargate universe had some real potential, that was perfectly squandered away in pointless "one drama per episode" like it was a telenovela or something.

So yeah overall on average Stargate is pretty bad.

I remember that theory I liked it.
I wish the show was still on. I really enjoyed the way they approached the whole idea of space and what it's like to work for the Stargate program (the danger etc.). It's something that the previous series never really showed.

Clearly someone didn't play the Game Boy game.

Citizen Joe was a great episode.

Speaking of Don S. Davis, I was fucking crushed when he died. Then they renamed the ship after Hammond at the end of Atlantis and I got even more sad.

They did something similar with Leonard Nimoy and Spock in NuTrek 3. I know how divisive that series is, but Quinto looked legitimately broken when his Spock talked about Nimoy's Spock.

I really never cared for BSG. It didn't really have any interesting ideas or do much with it's sci-fi license even if it was well written.

Except Daniel Jackson progressively becoming a wizard was cool though

What the fuck are you talking about?

The last two seasons were fucked up by Sci-Fi. They';d basically finished the show up, and then at the last minute decided to continue it. Thats why the series finishes and wraps up every loose thread and then has to invent an entirely new threat and plotline for the last two seasons out of nowhere. Everyone thought they were done with the show and had to scramble to crap out another two seasons. Ratings went down hard as soon as they introduced the new cast and direction for the show. Almost immediatly. How did this save it from the axe?

Stargate, like every long running sci fi show, has problems with characters regressing to one single character trait, but no where near as bad as you suggest. And for it's time it was great. It's only generic storytelling by todays standards because in the past 10 years TV has really stepped up and learned lessons from shows like Stargate, Babylon 5 and Farscape. Namely having long-running plot arcs, character development and consequences.

Stargate isn't the best show ever made, but for it's time it pisses on most of the competiton, and is a good show on the whole.

Universe was complete soap opera garbage. It got canceled because nobody who watched SG-1 or Atlantis enjoyed that kind of show. If they wanted to watch that kind of show they would watch it during the daytime when all the other fucking soap operas are shown.

That's all the doing of the head honcho of the Sci-Fi channel. Get this: he hates anything to do with space. Hates it.
He's the reason Sci-Fi cancelled saturday anime, farscape, stargate and numerous other decent-to-good shows within a 5 year span. He wanted desperately to get that space shit off of there so he could put shitty Sharknado-esque monster movies up there, and fill the rest of the time with syndicated wrestling.

Why did they let him in that position?

Stargate is bad.

You talking about Mark Stein or Bill McGoldrick?

Move over, m8.

HATE

Not quite as bad as the head of the Cartoon Network that tried to get rid of the cartoons in favour of live action crap.

Channel drift is a bitch.

I remember the dark times of CN Real. I also remember this.

i wish there was another fun show about people visiting less advanced cultures and showing off how great they are
GATE missed that opportunity by focusing on haremshit too much
startrek pretty much went against doing that
stargate kind of stopped doing that and focused on muh alien wars and apophis

I don't believe such lies.

There was a hot minute where they had more of that garbage than actual cartoons.

Ratings tanked and they canceled all that shit.

Heard the VN and Manga focus on other things aside the harem. Think the VN has more in between details like how they negotiated royalty back to their kingdoms for resources.

you're forgetting that this monstrosity was allowed to exist

I remember the only two cartoons on at the time were chowder and flapjack. Everything else was live action sketch comedy. One of them was a show about a kid who see cartoon characters.

i think they did that in the anime as well
if a majority of the show was focused on stuff like that, i'd have liked it more

Yeah if im reading this right there are 5 novels and another 5 that are side stories. I need to find a place that has LN other than Nyaa and baka.bt. Still want to read spice and wolf

He must not be there anymore, what with The Expanse airing to massive critical and ratings success.

I haven't watched any of the other shows they've been putting out recently, but from clips I've seen they actually look somewhat decent. Is Syfy actually airing good shit again?

I remember how much everyone rejoiced when Stu left.

Now if we can actually get some decent variety in cartoons instead of the same Tumblr art style, lolsorandumbXD humor, Adventure Time-ripoffs that seem to be all they air anymore. I miss the Cartoon Cartoon days.

I wish I could show you the screen cap of part of the "animators survival guide" where he talks about the complete dive animation schools have taken. With it a shot of the current graduating project. It's an absolute disaster.

To add to this he says that these schools are like daycare for rich kids to express themselves and since their parents are paying their tuition they have to cater to people void of talent and creativity.

Unless a nuke is dropped on CalArts, cartoons are fucked.

Gundam 00 was shit anyway.

Fight me.

I liked it, especially hard to call it shit when things like SEED and AGE exist.

Some cool mobile suits too.

New BSG was mediocre shit that went to shit after the first season.

Stargate is still the best space opera series of the three. Star Trek is just average

Nickelodeon's shit used to make an effort to actually be funny, at least to children like it's supposed to.
Cartoon Network Real was just all-around irredeemable garbage like

Threadly reminder that Vorlons did nothing wrong

Farscape is great but fuck it's hard to find watchable torrent of this.

tbh the only current cartoon that's good is Clarence. all of the good animation in the west comes from poor unknown artists, the Hollywood corporate culture killed the pursuit of art.

silly user, they would have gone extinct on their planets.

You underestimate the insidiousness of SJWism, user. They cling like a barnacle to civilization, and then usurp it once rational people have done all the hard work for them.
The Vorlons are just trans-flesh spacekin that stole those encounter suits and their fanfic-tier pet spaceships.

RIP Jerry Doyle

so that was bruce willis' real name huh

Are there any good space westerns that weren't fucking canceled after a season and a movie?

None of the characters are likeable, the setting is boring, and much of the show was just the Gundams being OP while their pilots and the organization they worked for were being hypocrites about war and conflict.

Stargate is cursed. Almost every game to be in the making goes unfinished, unless is some small shit like gameboy stuff.

Not even the telltale-like game was finished. SEQUEL NEVER EVER.

I don't think SG-1 characters went through that route, but those on Stargate Atlantis surely did. Every character became a parody of themselves by the end of the show.

Stargate is bad space opera. The writers had everything in their hands to do something great after season 8 but they chose the easy way.
Stargate went to shit once Earth became powerful. The writers never thought about creating a balance in the galaxy, having different cultures rising and falling (without the Ori presence). That's why the main threat to Earth is… the Lucian Alliance, a group of cartoony thieves/drug dealers who got rebooted in SGU into some kind of powerful terrorist organization.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the way they tried to portray the "new" Lucian Alliance in SGU but they didn't spend enough time explaining us how they changed from being cartoony to being a serious business and why they're so obessed in Ancient technologies.

Andromedia is what happens when you want to be considered smarter than Trek while in reality you're just boring as fuck.

Have you tried Netflix?

but there were good torrents for farscape not 2 years ago what the fuck is happening internet
i should do dvd rips and upload them

not available in my country

There is one torrent of it I know and it's 86Gb only for Season 1, and it has 1 seeder, I don't know what the fuck happened

Holy shit, fuck that guy.

What the fuck was going on eventually in that show, why was Merlin in the commercials speaking with Daniel?

Those fucking pool dives

biggest cuck coming through

It could be so kewl if done right.

Seriously, WHY did they stop making licensed games after the theatrical release, crap out shit like Infinity, and fail to make even one single licensed game from the TV series over its decade-long run!?

Get on my level, pleb.

Rimworld

PLACE-HOLDER

At least he still has hope, unlike Marcus who died a virgin.

best b-character coming through
from Lando personal bitch to Emperor

You got your Landos and Londos mixed up.

Lando Londo
Veer Leneer
who gives a shit

>he doesnt want xenos to suck earth cock
i remember some human evil jews that wanted to control everything, but got raped by the gouald's, but one old senator escaped and was never was seen again, i was expecting a come back.

Vir is pretty good. But he's no Na'Toth. They they changed his aide and the new one was bland and shit.

Season 3 had a great opening. Especially the way it twists the theme of the first two.

I swear to God you better not be a Babylon 5 fan
Ivanova is a Jew
Multiculti episode where they get out all of earth's religions

Funnily enough I really liked the way B5 approached humans.

Normally in sci-fi the aliens represent one trait of humanity and humans are great at everything. In B5 humanity's strength was community-building. They were the boring glue race that stuck all the others together.

moddb.com/mods/starcry
there's this

They should've really just made the whole original series into something like: "The Adventures of Captain O'neill and his Sidekick Indeed-man!".
Worst fucking episodes are the ones more centered on Sam or whoever that cuck-science guy was.