Can we get an underrated games thread going on? Let's start with one everyone seems to forget

Can we get an underrated games thread going on? Let's start with one everyone seems to forget

manhunt

was it really?

Gone home is really underated!
I'm glad we can have threads about our taste VEEEEE

has it seriously gotten to the point that people are willing to see True Crime as a good game? are standards really that low?

I mean, what games are released these days? Nu males sky..

Sure.

streets of la was underrated? I mean it was somewhat funny, I liked how you could go several paths, but I wouldn't call it a underrated game.

True crime games were pure dogshit,
same with the driver series
When you go back and play them the gunplay and driving are objectively awful. This is coming from someone who played them when I was younger and has nostalgia for them.

Both of these seem to be all but forgotten nowadays despite standing head and shoulders above other WW2 shooters. I suspect part of it is how dated they seem for the first few levels. The difficulty curve is almost invisible while playing but it ramps up nicely.

Why didn't more of you faggots play it before NGE, so Sony didn't have to whore out my baby and ultimately kill her?

;_;

Shame it only got one sequel before being forgotten forever by Rockstar outside of having the smiley mask as a reference.

That was a fun game. The clown mission was great, even if you could just on the buildings and shoot down.

That was not underrated at all.

Always SWGEmu user. JTL update NEVER EVER.

Tons of people played these games you underage niggers.

>Both of these seem to be all but forgotten nowadays

Do you not understand basic fucking English user? Additionally something need not be obscure to be underrated.

what a great fucking soundtrack

Is there anyway to emulate this that is not all glitchy?

why you think they "forgot" about it?

Good start.

You fucked up nigra

You know "all but forgotten" means they're still widely remembered, right?

get the real hardware. dont be an emucuck.

Buy a Xbox™ One™ and get the Rare™ Replay to play all those games at an amazing 1080p™ resolution.

I don't wanna waste money.

Stranglehold

Here's mine.

I'll second that. Good fun.

Sleeping Dogs is a lot better. You should try it if you haven't already.

The multi path thing was good. My favourite ending was fighting that guy on top of a sky scraper with Minerva playing in the background.

What was up with that fucking dragon ending though?

ESWAT and Steel empire, my "stupid black piece of shit"

The fuck was zombies doing in the game, let alone the dragon itself.

Even here on Holla Forums I rarely see BiA mentioned. Outside of Holla Forums I don't see it at all.

What a retarded thing to type.
Like what the fuck dude.

You're a fucking idiot. "All but forgotten" means it's EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR FORGOTTEN, faggot. You're saying forgotten is literally the least applicable thing you can say about the fucking videogame.

There were zombies? What the fuck?

I dont know what the fuck they were smoking when they made that part of the game but I liked it

Did I like miss out on half the game or some shit? I only remember the dragon being the supernatural part of the game.

All but forgotten means very nearly forgotten. This is a common phrase. I hope to god you aren't a native speaker if you're this fucking retarded.

This all happens when you enter the dojo on the path to the 2nd ending. Maybe you forgot but you had to encounter all those things in the level because the dragon is the bossfight

Whole area in the mines is zombies. Real fucking irritating as well.

Didn't think much of it until now, why the fuck are zombies in a game about detective shit?

I vaguely remember some mines or caves and then finding the dragon, but zombies?

I must've just blanked that out entirely, I mean just what the actual fuck.

What glitches exactly? I am not seeing any.

Faggots.

I'll do anything (That I want to).

E-Swat has my favorite boss theme

Not every game is going to age like Mario, guys.

The way you've talking, clearly multiple of you have played each of these games, and that's far from being able to be called underrated.

"Underrated" is when a fun and unique game peaks not after launch, but 6 months later due to being a bonus with a Kickstarter tier for another game by the same development team.

You can't even have multiplayer matches for this anymore, the only time this year I've seen another player they were AFK.

The ants shoot at me and kill me.

These may be new games but they're definitely underrated on Holla Forums.

i rmember that game being garbage but with an okay fighting just like Sleeping Dogs

Are you retarded?

Quite possibly.

I'm sure some reddit normalfag will come in and post about how these games aren't good, then post ironic hipster games like Chrono Thrigger.

Flappy Bird is probably my favorite underrated game. The creator really got a raw deal when Nintendo took him down by pretending he ripped them off.

Even by bait standards that's pretty fucking disgusting.

Ebin.

Thnx bro!

Silly user, ants can't shoot, this is obviously a bug.

Ha!

But seriously, if you didn't like True Crime: Streets of LA you're a soulless fuck who deserves rape.

Mah nigga

Probably the best of its era of GTA games.

It was the last GTA game that was worth playing

It was decried as a straight-up GTA clone back in the day.

You don't know what a phrase means, you make up your own definition and act like it's an actual thing.

This is some advanced autism.

Played this for a stream recently, and honestly? It's how a PSX FPS should be done. Excellent controls, solid short missions that support both stealth and loud playstyles along with a variety of objectives. Good shit and worth a few hours of gameplay. Personally, I think it's better than Goldeneye.

Have you played nightfire? That game was so good, same options. Stealth or loud and every mission had multiple paths to the objectives. Nightfire and everything or nothing are the best james bond games.

you should try the n64 version

h*ck off tumblrtale

007 is a series that either strikes it home or completely fucking bombs. I'd say the only true great ones were The World is Not Enough or Nightfire. Though, I think Nightfire is superior.

I had a feeling it was multiplat, n64 clearly held it back an absolute ton but I guess I may as well give it a shot.

wait a fucking minute, its a completely different game for n64? what the shit?

all but forgotten means basically no one remembers it. I.E. practically forgotten

yes, its longer iirc and it has multiplayer with bots

My nigger

Loved this game, just a fun tossing dudes around simulator.

Jesus, I've never seen a more bullshit opinion. Driver is the most under appreciated series. The only Driver game that is REMOTELY bad is DRIV3R, since it was an unfinished game. But still, for a "bad" game, the cutscenes, music, and physics are extremely well made for a 2004 game.

Driver: You Are The Wheelman is the best driving game in existence, no contest. Revolutionary graphics, innovative gameplay, and high skill ceiling. The music and storyline are really nice too. And don't forget the replay film director. It's legitimately one of the most flawless games I've ever played.

Driver 2 might not as good as the other games, but it pushed PS1's capability to the limit.

Parallel Lines has a dumbed down driving physics, but the shooting is great, the graphics is great, the missions are well designed, all the characters are likeable, and there's nothing better than transitioning from 1976 to 2006. It's no San Andreas, but it's the finest GTA-like game you can get, along with Mafia I and SRII.

Driver San Francisco is simply the best arcade racing game of the decade, still nowhere as good as Driver 1 though but still a worthy sequel. Some of the best graphics since Crysis, fun and innovative gameplay, and missions based on 70's car flicks that will get you addicted. The driving physics doesn't feel very realistic, but it sure does look very real on the replays.

The sequel is better.

FYI, the nigger MC was mocaped by a white actor.

It's a fun shit. Expect a low quality but extremely fun game full of substance. It will never bore you.

Because my jam was Rogue Squadron and I wasn't into MMOs at the time.
Still not into them enough to invest money

Same reason they were put in COD or whatever, it was funny when they thought about it.

Yes, like 50% of the game is QTE's and cutscenes
Yes, the combat is shallow.
Yes, the ending is DLC
Yes, it's the reason why Megaman legends 3 got canned.

But it's also fucking sick as hell and has most over the top insane bullshit you'll ever see in vidya and is the wildest ride i've ever been taken on by any sort of piece of fiction. Also, the ending DLC has so much cool shit in it in the last half of it that i'm almost okay with it being DLC.

If you like over the top action anime, super robo, or toku, you got to check this thing out; even if it's just watching it on youtube. As I said, it's like 50% cutscenes anyways, and the gameplay isn't anything special, so you get most of the expierence anyways.

Got anything to back that up?

nobody likes arcadish huntan

Nice

Also, my favorite true crime is the one where you fight a dragon.

What game?

cabelas big game hunter pro hunts

someone can't into palettes

are you not a native english speaker?

Does Sleeping Dogs count as part of the True Crime series?

Not on hand, no, but I remember hearing that capcom diverted MML3's funding to AW because they thought AW would be a huge franchise for them.

These are all good choices

b8

This is my choice. It's to this day still worth a playthrough, and has a good sequel.

Mind was thoroughly blown upon discovering this.