I haven't touched my Playstation 2 in a few months and I decided I wanted to give it a go but I found out I had a big...

I haven't touched my Playstation 2 in a few months and I decided I wanted to give it a go but I found out I had a big problem.

My controller's X button is unresponsive, but the 'Analog" button instead performs its functions.

Wat do Holla Forums? Anyway to fix?

Buy a new controller

I just bought this controller 2 or 3 months ago. I dont want to buy another.

they aren't too hard to open and repair if you can identify the problem, but finding a replacement online is pretty cheap

Any ideas on to why the button would be remapped onto another. I think that is just kinda wierd

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Heres a pick of it disassembled. Any insight would help

i would figure make sure that the X button is making a proper connection to its sensor, and that the analog button isn't touching it or connected to it somehow

i'm not an expert by any means but i've done this with a few controllers before when buttons got loose or stuck easily

sometimes the shell does weird shit to the circuitboard, if it gets out of position that is.
Be absolutely sure the contacts pads are on secure. Oh, and don't tip the front half of the shell upside down.

fix it then

Which way does this piece go back in?

top tier taste, user.
It sounds like a faulty board to me, which wouldn't make sense in your situation especially if the controller worked two months earlier.
Give it a good cleaning, and try 's suggestion.

Nvm

Well theres your problem, the controller is in pieces.

Well i broke it because i couldnt get this thing into fucking place

guess you're buying a new one, m8

Hey dummy, you have a shot of where those wires go, strip a bit off the wire ends and solder them back on. All your buttons do is take a rubber bit with a contact on the bottom and smush it between two contacts to complete a circuit.

But if that flex board they use for ps controllers is borked, you're fucked. Maybe replaceable, but you might as well get a new controller. No way to solder to that on your own. I bet it's just bad contacts. If it was just a button not working, I'd say it was the rubber buttons failing to contact properly, so you could just replace the rubber bit. Maybe reseat the flex board or something after cleaning the contacts properly

had a shitty pad before, opened it up and it was fucking hotglued all over the place

buy an original pad, it will last for years

I chuckled a bit at the thought of the analog button assuming the X button's controls though.

I FIXED THE X BUTTON i think there was some gunk and the green plastic thing was off but unfortunately i broke the vibrators and i cant get the case back on right. I dont know if im a failure or a success.

I don't recall Sony ever making a completely clear sheleld controller. That's some chingchong aftermarket shit, isn't it?

I think I found your problem.

theres a ribbon cable thats propped into place by a soft pad that over the years loses its grip.

put a peice of tape on it to pad it out and voilĂ ! every thing works as it should.

It's not some bullshit. They made clear shell ones along with green and blue tinted clear shells. You fucking idiot.

Also OP, I fucking hate PS2 pads because of cheaply and flimsy the insides of those shitty controls. Everyone says that they're the greatest controllers ever, but nah.

Opening them up is a bitch. The fact that it doesn't use a fucking PCB but instead some shitty plastic strip that is prone to breaking, the really crappy thin wires that are used for the vibration motor. Everything about it is terrible.

well, OK

looks like I have another working controller now.

Someone post that recommended PS2 games chart

are you so lazy you can't even derail a thread yourself

Are you retarded, or just senile? Sony made hella different colors from the mid 90's up until the PS3.

FWIW, OP, and I know this is only anecdotal. But, I also had a clear DS2, and had problems with the X button after long enough. It stopped working after a while (a long while). I think trying to drive as fast as possible in GTA:VC killed it, but it's the only controller I've had that happen.