Expert: Awan-Schultz Hard Drive Data Likely Recoverable

A data recovery expert believes the information on the smashed computer hard drives recovered from the home of former Democrat IT staffer Imran Awan are likely recoverable

trunews.com/article/expert-awan-schultz-hard-drive-data-likely-recoverable

(WASHINGTON, DC) During interview with the Daily Caller, Tom Hakim, an engineering supervisor for WereCoverData.com, a New York-based lab that specializes in difficult digital retrieval, said odds are good the Federal law enforcement authorities may have already recovered and read whatever was on those hard drives.

“It depends on what happens, but even if it is hit with a hammer, it probably doesn’t damage the platters that actually hold the data, which remains recoverable,” Mr. Hakim said. “In most cases, it’s very likely” the information on a smashed hard drive can be recovered “in two or three days, maybe a week.” His lab, which does extensive work for law enforcement and Fortune 500 corporations, has also recovered data from disks that were in fires and that had been submerged in water.

That may be very bad news for Florida Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s former information technology (IT) aide, Pakistani-born Imran Awan. He and his younger brothers Abid and Jamal, his wife Hina Alvi and his best friend Rao Abbas are criminal suspects in a federal investigation first made public in February into abuse of the congressional IT servers, including the possible transfer of data, emails dailycaller.com/2017/03/13/house-hacking-suspects-could-read-every-email-dozens-of-congressmen-sent-and-received/ and files from the offices of dozens of House Democrats. Imran had worked for Wasserman Schultz — who resigned in July 2016 as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee after its IT system was hacked — since 2005. His relatives and friend had also worked on and off as IT aides, being paid collectively more than $4 million from 2009 to 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/X1nGU
dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/whatever-is-on-imran-awans-smashed-hard-drives-likely-can-be-recovered/
archive.is/mdiMo
truepundit.com/congressional-investigation-into-wasserman-schultz-it-scandal-launches-forward-calls-for-debbie-to-resign/
archive.is/QY2Rq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Check ZOG, you should have not hired pajeets for security.
Bring magnets or a linux distro's dd =/dev/zero next time. Also is trunews even a legit source? I keep seeing posts with articles from them. Surely they are better than cnn atleast.

Looks like the pajeets pooed all over Debbie Raman Hair.

Platter drives are still a thing?

checked
archive.is/X1nGU

checked
Its a christian news site that propagates articles from other news outlets. This story comes form the Daily Caller.
dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/whatever-is-on-imran-awans-smashed-hard-drives-likely-can-be-recovered/
archive.is/mdiMo

No, use urandom. Zero-out just changes headers for drives to be read as zero. Thats why using zero in place of urandum seems "fast" with dd

that was just a disguise, in reality they were spying and assasinating 'russian hackers'

I'm thinking something more inane like international money laundering. They got TS clearance to keep tabs on LE.

Top Kek

Fucks sake user, go open an HDD and tell me how the super strong neodymium magnets inside each HDD, used to park the heads, are going to kill it?
That shit is movie-tier faggotry.

If you want to destroy the data, turn those platters in to dust, then heat and cool them and you will have no recoverable magnetic residue.

Yes. Tapes are used for backup often but platters are the mainstay in most higher density datacentres due to cost/size still.
SSD is slowly catching up, but when it's 4-5k for enterprise multi-TB SSDs, vs 300-400 bucks for 10Tb spinning rust, they find other ways to do it. E.g. smaller SSD for caching then copy to rust for longer term and tape for longer long term.

I know for major data centers and enterprises yea, but I thought these guys ran some bolier room operation with laptops and dude Dells. Are there pics of the pile that was discovered?

Fitting tbh

I'm willing to bet they will go to the extent of manual reconstruction under an electron microscope if need be. One of the few times thats done is in grave matters of national security.

Number 1 important thing is make sure that Debbie gets hers in all of this. Don't let her get out of this clean.

(checked)
Let's just hope that this begins a domino effect dragging in every single one of these fuckbags.

she was employing money-laundering pajeet crooks (that she gave unwarranted security clearances to) up to the day they were arrested
she won't be clean

MIDF detected.

The biggest thing we can do is is what we do best we need to pump out memes featuring Debbie as the brain behind this so they can't just put it all on the poos.

The MSM will try their best to sweep her out of this.

No shit, the platters are like 1/16" stamped steel disks. If these fags had been
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNERS
they would have known to:
1. Disassemble the devices
2. Sand platter surfaces with sand paper
3. Cut platters into pieces

Faggots.

This will not work.
Niggers can see the past few states of bits.

They were pakis not pahjeets.

so make a secure deletion with multipass random writing/zeroing

If pajeets are poos pakis are diarrhea.

How many of these threads do we need? We already debated the recovery and destruction of these fuckers in the last few threads.

they literally sell devices for this express purpose, they're expensive but you'd think the kikes would pay.

Induction cooktops are cheap. Drop the drive on/in an induction heater.

we also has to make sure she doesn't step foot on israeli soil anytime soon.

How fucking incompetent do you have to be to fail to destroy hard drives?

I know about fuck all about wiping drives and stuff, but if I was dealing with evidence that could get me put in jail or get me killed, Id be a bit more thorough. I'd take all the drives,microwave them, shoot them with my shotgun, then rig up a propane forge or kiln and try and melt them.

Should have bleached, dumb bitch.
Now it depends of what is she and the democrats going to do. Commit a robbery, make one of their agents that works for the FBI recover it and make it look that he/she accidentally left it somewhere or kill lots of people who work on the recovery, signaling to people not to get involved and the case will be left stale?

Bump and reported, paid shill. Debate isn't proof. We have proof now.

Sure they could be electromagnets. Point is they have to be an alternating/changing field or the very magnets in the HDD would wipe them.

Realistically, how many more sloppy murders can the Clinton foundation even get away with at this point?

A lot.

They would kill the hitman, the contractors and even themselves so the story won't come out.

Yeah, probably the more practical of the options.Grinding thin disks down might be a hassle since they are hard to clamp, maybe epoxy them all together then grind down the lot of them. Or melt them all into a single block, then grind into dust and mix it.

We got a major problem

Wonder if we'll find any letters to her daughter.

Three options: (1) the 14.95 harbor freight angle grinder. can cut thru the casing of the drive with cutting disk as well as grind the disks to dust using a grinding wheel. don't waste time removing and clamping, just step on it with a work boot against your back steps and grind away. (2) if you have the time, or happen to already have one… throw the disks, once removed from the drive, or if you have hours just throw the whole drive, in one of those small-job engine driven concrete mixers. Fill with gravel. Let the spinny spinny grindy grindy action turn it to aluminium powder. (3) If you have access to an ox-acyteline torch (also known as a "blue wrench"), just cut / melt it to bits, should only take a few minutes.

Whats happening?

Given that they've gotten away with over 100, they can get away with about 10 million more. Not an exaggeration.

The fuck, just sudo shred -v /dev/sdX and be done with it.

Or else just use Hillary's own Cloth or Something (Bleachbit) if you're a windows babby. THEN think about destroying the actual hardware, I guess.

You stupid nigger, I'm talking about the methods of data recovery on the devices.
I hate you summerfucks, almost worse than the normal yids we get.
Also
What "proof" are you referring to moishe? What new fucking information do we have that we haven't had which requires it's own thread?

Fake news claims real news is fake news

see thread →

*its
fuck these newfag fucks piss me off

Bump because it triggers you, moishe. We will never stop talking about this. We will make your puppets burn. You'll have to get new ones.

I can't wait for DWS to be suicided

I hope it's by boiling I fucking hate ramen hair.

Just more fake news.

could it be WeRecoverData.com?

all the exotic methods listed above to total a spindle are overkill, just get a big roofing hammer and don't stop until it's shaped like a Pringle.

Platter drives are used by anybody, not just large enterprise, because platter drives are an order of magnitude cheaper. Archiving years of data on SSDs is a waste of an SSD, a waste of your money.

Shit nigger, you don't need to go to jewniversity for industrial design to know what's inside a harddrive. I popped one of those suckers apart when I was 10.

DO NOT DO THIS, IT MAKES POISON GAS
Not even memeing. Burning plastic shit in your own kitchen? (Harddrives aren't metal only you know.) That literally makes poison gas. With so many better ways to destroy a harddrive, why fill your kitchen with poison gas?

You give the kikes far too much credit.

But that's wrong

These motherfuckers, despite being magnetically shielded, still can make paperclips stand upright if you put them on top of the damn things. It is a permanent magnet that will render the data gone and the hard drive unusable thanks to the servo information getting wiped.

You MIGHT be able to get something out of it with an electron microscope, but those things are NSA approved for data destruction. The fucker can wipe anything with a static H-field strength up to 5000 oe.

Dems were too cheap and stupid to do shit right. Serves them right for hiring incompetent pajeets. The problem with these useless cunts is that the most capable people are never goddamn commies. If you don't suck at your job you seek a meritocracy, which is anathema to leftism.

lel this
Glass ones are great they can make nice little ornaments.
Funniest thing I have done with HDDs is race them. Get a 7200rpm drive and stack 10 platters on it, spin those bitches up then flip em off the spindle away form you, they'll jump 2 stories in the air some times, bounce off walls and go hundreds of meters.. lot of inertia in them.

Why, when a kike is in it, of course :^)

Love 'does not require electricity' is one of the biggest selling points.
That's the sort of thing they'd put in an embassy mid-shitskin country, for when the power cuts out in day of the shit.
It must rotate the field to change it rapidly, great solid state way to do it, must be some serious magnets to require that much shielding. Guess a Mu-metal housing?

sounds hilarious
have any vids?

Here is some fresh, low quality OC for this occasion

Come on user, at least put some effort into it.

Basically this but faster and outdoors with ramps.
We'd make little ramp courses - it was pretty good entertainment in quiet periods.
Did find one of my 'launcher HDDs' the other day, if I have platters with it or can get them out of an old 3tb drive that died recently I'll try replicate it outdoors on a country road and chuck it up ;)

YEAH GOYS THEY ACTUALLY WANTED US TO REPORT NEWS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

I remember when Darik's Boot and Nuke used to be the go-to solution before some form of physical destruction. It was widespread enough that DBAN was used as a verb. Then again, that was before 64-bit was commonplace.
You'd expect some of that knowledge to have stuck around so folks would know to use something to rewrite the entire disk with garbage several times and not neglect that step entirely.
Things are a bit different with SSDs, though, as bad sectors can be rendered inaccessible through ordinary means, so some recovery often remains possible. Still, just knowing how the data is stored should be enough to activate your almonds and figure out how to kill data real dead.

This is what you get for entrusting your computing to diversity.

White male sys admins, in every case I've ever encountered, love to one-up each other with tales of how they prefer to destroy harddrives.

Wot? /dev/zero writes a continuous stream of zeroes to any source you direct it.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hd#

(insert drive number where # is)

Will overwrite the entire drive with zeroes and render all data irrecoverable in any practical sense. Unless you're worried about them putting the drive under an electron force microscope and trying to guess a few bits of data, you're safe.

If the hard drive has been degaussed, electron force microscopy is useless. It's pretty useless anyway, because you're essentially guessing with a 75% chance on every single bit.

So the chance of recovering a single byte correctly is 0.75^8, or 10%. Your chance of recovering two bytes correctly is 1%. Three bytes is 0.1%.

In other words, the probability of recovering each byte decreases by an order of magnitude. For even the shortest files, that makes the chance of correct recovery effectively zero.

And that's assuming you can figure out where on the hard drive the file was, which will require correctly recovering the hard drive's partition information, which is itself wiped.

If you feel autistic enough, feel free to use more extreme measures to wipe data, but the reality is that when you overwrite a drive with zeroes, the chance of even the NSA recovering any information is nil.

It's another question entirely if the controller in the harddrive actually chooses to faithfully write each and every last zero to the platter.

By all accounts a single write with all zeroes is shit and it's not even all that hard to recover something from it. You probably wouldn't need all that much in terms of recovery equipment, and it sure as fuck wouldn't be sufficient for a very, VERY vip individual.

If you can't trust the controller, you can't trust any non-physical method of data removal. Using /dev/zero and /dev/urandom would have the same effect.

This is assuming hard drives actually have some backdoor that prevents writing zeroes to the drive, which would be pretty noticeable.

Source?

Source?

Source?

Source?

It's assuming an "optimization" in the drive controller that makes writting all zeros faster. If you're writing low-entropy digits to the drive, it can "optimize" by simply marking those sectors as "zeroed" without actually zeroing them. If you write high entropy digits to the drive, it can't do that. If the drive functions at all, it must write them.

All these methods to get rid of a hdd. And you niggers didn't even choose the most fun one.

oldfag here, out of curiosity, could I weigh down and put them in the ocean/lake/river near me?

It's fucking happening.

truepundit.com/congressional-investigation-into-wasserman-schultz-it-scandal-launches-forward-calls-for-debbie-to-resign/

Except of course if the NSA and/or CIA has copies of your hard drive cached from the last time you logged onto the internet.

Do you think hard-drives float or something?

Never forget that a majority cannot replace a man. A majority always represents stupidity
and cowardice. A hundred cowards do not make a hero any more than a hundred fools
make a wise man. The less responsibility the individual leader has, the more would-be
politicians will feel they are called upon to devote their pitiful “gifts” to the nation. They are
not even able to wait for their turn. They stand in a long line, sadly counting the people
ahead of them and marking off the minutes until it will be their turn to board this political
train. They wait a long time for any change in the office they have fixed their eye on, and are
grateful for any scandal which thins the ranks ahead of them. Occasionally, someone refuses
to move from his office, which makes the ones in line feel like there has almost been a
violation of a sacred promise. Then, they grow spiteful and do not rest until the bold
politician holding onto their office is ousted. After that, he won’t hold office again anytime
soon. If one of these creatures is forced to give up his post, he will immediately try to crowd
into the waiting lines again, that is, unless he is prevented by the yelling and abuse from the
others.

It will never be enough while the system remains.

You can't trust controllers of most things full stop. They are well known poz'd as common hardware backdoors, let alone zeroing in this manner is a feature in various OS. DoD level wiping software would write at least 7 passes in my experience for such reasons. got it right on the money.
Ya fucked either way if they really want you to be via (((unmasking)))

I love you, user.

I heard you can make pretty crystals by putting baking soda, bleach, table salt, vinegar and a hard drive in a bucket of water. On second thought, don't do that. Drowning is not guaranteed to kill a drive. Corrosion will, but other methods are faster.

SHE is fucking dead

Magnets in an HDD are sandwiched between plates of mu-metal, which prevents the magnetic field of the magnet from fucking with the platters. The platters are still vulnerable to a strong enough magnet being placed very closely and moved rapidly.
Physical destruction of the platters is still safer though.

Thermite diskk for the win!

To recover the data all you have to do is disassembly the smashed hard drives and put the platters on a device that reads the platters like a working hard drive would?

At worst in some of the smashed hard drives you would have bent platters? Are those easy to recover?

Does this scream conflict of interest?
archive.is/QY2Rq

If the disks are shattered there's nothing you can do.

Open up the drive and pack it with tannerite.

What commercial data recovery services do is transplant intact platters to a new drive. If the platters are fucked, they won't even bother trying.

Hypothetically state actors have more sophisticated options available to them, but 99% of the "recommended disposal" advice is complete overkill just to be on the safe side. Data recovery from a modern drive that's been overwritten just a single time has never been publicly demonstrated.

What do you think the odds are that an IT Paki making 200k a year used bleachbit before smashing the drives?

^This fucking jew!^ Who fucking cares you asshole?

rofl, that needs impact to set it off though. That's what I used for this. blowing up the prototype ballistic shield… only blasted a six inch hole through it.

25%. Odds of him "formatting" it without actually wiping it? 50% He's probably too lazy and just impotently hit it with a hammer a few times instead.

You burn plastics indoors? Is that you Grant?

Well yeah, obviously you shoot it.

If you have the time, write random data to the drives and write zeros multiple times. Grind up the platters, and dispose of waste in multiple locations. Acid baths can destroy the platters, but it takes multiple chemicals to do that.

I haven't tried it, but simple sodium hydroxide aka lye should rape an aluminum platter.

I wouldn't even give him those odds. I think your assessment is right.

The most likely version is that he had it all backed up at home, complete with the information still on it, using the excuse of needing "replacements or repair parts" to get more shit that he can then back up all the most sensitive information on so he can send it to his friends overseas. He probably had no idea he was in any kind of shit, and he figured that since all of Washington is corrupt as fuck, he was safe. He just panicked when he found out his family was the target of an FBI probe, and from there, he sealed his own fate by trying to destroy the drives, leaving them there, and then setting up the new renter to be former military. As if a respectable military veteran wouldn't know what to do with what appears to be government-issue equipment just fucking lying around.

If he was freaking out as hard as he was, then there's no way he had any sort of contingency plan. I mean, anything would be better than just smashing shit with a hammer a few times, thinking that would do anything other than add another charge to the list of crimes he would eventually add.

Intelligence and foresight is a hell of a thing.

That's how you know these pakis are subhuman. Any thinking man would stress himself to death knowing he'd left the evidence behind. It would have never happened.

I honestly think he only tried to get them back after telling (((somebody else))) about what he did. They probably knew outright that what he did was fucking stupid, told him to get them back, and he freaked the fuck out. It's most likely that he tried to get them back while he was waiting for his flight out of the country.

The feds probably picked him up at the airport because they knew exactly where he was going to be at that exact moment, and it was the easiest way to funnel him into their hands to pick him up. Plus, it's much easier to sway public opinion and a jury when you can show that he was attempting to leave the country when he was arrested.

As soon as the FBI got their hands on all that IT equipment, Awan was done for. They probably had the arrest warrant the next day, if not the same day, and knew he was going to try and leave the country the second an airplane ticket with his name was purchased.

It was all planned for maximum damage and exposure. Anybody that defends this is betting their reputation with a losing hand.

Ditching them in a random dumpster unsmashed would've worked better…

Highly underrated post.

Have you forgotten? The people in charge rewrite history every chance they get. You expect them to learn anything from history when they constantly change events to their liking and consistently refuse to plan ahead at all?

Yes, TRUNEWS syndicates from other news sites it buys the rights from. Similar to how the New York Times and Washington Post often syndicates content from the AP. They also publish their own content and have their own journalists.

literally run a weak magnet over them after opening one up. Any data recovered will be totally corrupted and completely unreadable. Glass doesn't stop flux and so you don't even have to take the disks out of the case. Literally the easiest thing you could ever do and all it requires is a screwdriver and a fridge magnet. You wouldn't even need to find software.

Oh wow that sucks

Another Naval Yard shootout?

Get out your MK Ultra cutouts…

No, this is a smokescreen by a fired (((reporter))).

Yeah, I was wondering why this girl I know was such a flake until I saw the Che poster.

I'm currently unemployed thanks to (((diversity))) but this.

Heiled
Fuck niggers.

And this is why all IC people should be active or retired .mil - honor.

A contractor can't find Leavenworth on a map.

couldn't you just chop up a hard drive with an angle grinder?

or you could just use a gutmann pass; shred with a gutmann like pass etc

Also, Awan booked a flight within 24 hours with no return flight plan, a yuge red flag for fleeing the country and post-9/11 that kind of thing gets monitored.

You don't threaten the chief of DC Metro unless you've got shit to hide, user. Or unless you're legitimately psychopathic, which DWS could very well be.

No shit; especially since he was flying to goddamn Pakistan.

Nothing is going to come of this, the FBI is literally Israeli occupied territory. I'm sure the hard drives are already in some secret warehouse next to the Branch Davidians' bullet-riddled front door and the ark of the covenant

Steinbeck nervously types, his palms are sweaty. His knees weak, arms are heavy. He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop (disinfo) bombs, but he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down, his colleagues' kvetching go so loud. He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out. He's choking how everybody's joking now. Kike's clocks run out. Time's up, over, blaow.

chelsea clinton looks like her grandmother maternal side.
both clintons are jewish, therefore she has shitton of standard jewish phenotypes.

Now, the only problem we have with the recovered hard drives, is how long will it fucking take them to recover data, and not just "We can't recover anything anymore!" or "Oh no! there's a lot of dirt of Drumpf here and this is totally not another hard drive!"

nah - there's no point to it - they already know all about what's being covered up

Not to mention that poojeets who work in IT know nothing about the underlying physics.

7/10: would purchase

If the fbi ever wants my ssd, I'm just going to write "waco evidence" on it with sharpie. The feds will destroy it with over 9000 grams of thermite.

Seriously though, an acetylene torch should do. Then get rid of the melted drive, because that could be used as evidence.

DELET DIS