THEY RUIN EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER MADE!

FUCK YOU PLAYTESTERS! FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Other urls found in this thread:

curtisbright.com/msx/v0/minesweeperbugs.html
minesweeper.info/wiki/Windows_Minesweeper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice blog

are you ok user, because i feel like this is about something else

you should put out the fire instead of swing at the smoke. the problem is the developers and publishers themselves and not the people they pay to justify their decisions.

This, retarded devs need to hang since they're the ones that actually decide what to put in their games besides the jews

Remember pancake face japanese dev that basically went "fuck you" when his playtesters whined. Too bad it is going to become illegal to hurt feefees pretty soon

I'm not just blaming them, I also dislike EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Microsoft, and so on.

more like it'll be illegal to not have your product be screened by a board of publicly funded approvers who just so happen to have loose financial ties to your competition.

Play testers shouldn't exist.

I did some playtesting for Gravity Rush 2 over a year ago. It was pretty fun and I got paid $125 for my time.

that's cool.

Except then you end up with shit even worse than TES in terms of bugginess.

Other than a handful of publicized mentions, playtesters don't actually determine mechanics or baseline game design. Their entire role is to walk into walls and make sure setpieces trigger and find the broken sections. And unsurprisingly, it doesn't take a genius to do that kind of work.

If actual gamers were hired to do most playtesting, they'd probably sharpen the test build discs and slice their own jugulars after the first week.

You talking about focus group testing. This exist not only in videogames even in movies getting shit on.

Playtester or better Betatester are about finding bugs in software.

It depends.

There's multiple kinds of playtesters. QA is a bit more split up. Bugtesters do random shit and try to record it for recreation and bugfinding, yeah. But there may also be testers in-house that do "is it fun" checks or at least "is it not horrible to play" checks. I'd think that designers get wrapped up in that though, probably. There are some other subcategories for testers, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

It's a shame actually, QA testing is a pretty important part of the dev cycle (Who would've thought playing a game before release is important) but no one sane wants QA because it's treated like a McDonalds of the industry with relatively low pay and extremely tedious work. It's probably not often someone picks that position specifically because they like the repetitivity and documenting comments of things that are going wrong or awry.

Were they crying that it's too hard?

they cried to the point where the second demo was incredibly casualized in comparison, and their feedback to the second demo was even more crying
final game is probably going to be mindnumbingly boring and easy at this rate

that's not how it works

what playtesters like "hard" things? the story these days is the playtesters were too retarded to do simple tasks so the game gets simplified, like half life 2 or dishonored

Well good luck selling Casual Souls, I guess

Demon/Dark Souls wasn't ever that hard, christ. It just had an initially steep difficulty curve that eventually leveled out

Not playtesters user, focus testers.

Playtesters also includes QA and all they do is catch bugs.

arguably the first demo of nioh was harder than souls was becasue the lowest class enemy is far more threatening than a dregling and you can't just cheese the shit out of them i guess

Ironically, it were the Asian players that complained the most.

Not sure why they don't just enlist randoms that do it for free and best represent the market but they never do.

This. the game devs need to give a shit about their games being good rather than safe and easy

that's not ironic, asians are the most casual faggots in the world. Just look at Freedom Wars and Senran Kagura 2. Both games were patched to drastically reduce the difficulty because the asian players wouldn't stop whining, and of course we got stuck with the prepatched versions.

LOL!

Freedom Wars was full of bullshit, though.

Fuckin idiots

This is an important distinction. The bug testing part of play testing absolutely only makes games better, there's no way you'd want to play a game that wasn't tested for bugs, freezes, crashes, save corruptions, etc. It's a vital step that, unlike the other kind of testing, never makes games worse. It's also tedious monotony that sucks all the fun out of playing video games, so bug testers don't deserve hate on any level.

The people who deserve hate are the sort of retards that result in Valve removing everything cool from their games before release because one of said retards got mildly frustrated because something didn't work perfectly the first time so CUT IT.

It's true, most are super casual-tier skill. Even in bug testing where finishing the game on every difficulty with every weapon etc is by definition part of the job. On the upside though, it means bug testers with actual gaming skill get promoted pretty fast since people who can test the entire game are clearly more valuable than people who can test only part of it.

What I want know is- Did Japanese devs quit trying to compete in AAA games first, or did Japanese players go full casual first? Seems like it happened around the same time as far as I can tell, but I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of Japan. However, since it seems like back when Japan pretty much owned gaming, Japanese players were also the famously hardcore ones, so I can't help but assume there's a connection between the quality of Japanese game development and the quality of Japanese gamers.

Yeah, one of my biggest gripes about the current state of the gaming industry is how brutally hard every game is. Get real.

But it is brutally hard to enjoy recent games

They were beyond hardcore back then, like gooks with starcraft, they owned in everything even tetris and you can watch some ancient videos of their gameplay. I have no fucking idea what happened to them but apparently it had to do with the raise of mobile phone gaming. Keep in mind, this was before smartphones even started to become a thing so somewhere in the early 2000s was when they started to die off and go casual to the point even their console market declined to nothing.

and rather than git gud, the asians continued to rush the gunners with their melee weapons then whine when they get shot because they brought a knife to a gunfight

all of the hardcores became family men and the next generation is a bunch of mobage-loving otaku faggots
not unlike how the kids in western countries nowdays are also complete cancer

lolwut

It's like something out of WWII where they rushed machine guns with their katanas.

This is wrong.
Good games don't make as much money.
As long as people are fine with buying shit you will see studios pop up to take advantage of them.
The only thing that can change the industry for good is eugenics and other measures that increase the intelligence of market.

there were tons of nip videos showing them doing exactly that and then complaining that they died. they're fucking retards, all of them

I've avoided both betas, but my understanding was that the people complainign about difficulty after beta 1 were all asios and the devs basically said "your a smaller audience so we'll listen to the rest of the work instead"

Is this not true? I genuinly hope I was not misinformed there because I've been walking around thinking this game was gonna be great.

There was a second demo?

Stopped reading there lol. I think some xbox kinect games sound more your speed.

I'm Han Solo

I'm Ra's al Ghul and I'm here to say no inflection in your voice is a-ok

LOL

SELECTED FROM THOUSANDS OF APPLICANTS

Does anyone have a screencap of when that fucker showed up on Holla Forums?

I only remember how he got to fail at the map for 30 minutes with a couple of devs watching him.

That's fucking retarded. If the devs were competent there wouldn't be bugs in the first place

Starcraft is just a meme.

Blame the people that actually listen to those retards.

Although you are right about devs and publishers forcing devs to make certain decisions, you still fail to understand some of that decision making is based on playtester opinions.

gee I wonder who really is to blame in this situation

I want to see the security footage of that playtester leaving the building, and some security guard telling him where the exit is, and then watching as he continually turns right at the first hallway and makes a big loop around the break room and ends up right where he started for the next hour and a half.

You mean "focus groups?"
If so that's really more of a product of the people publishing the game, because they are the ones that pull the strings and do this kind of shit.

No, playtesters double as focus groups but they're exactly what their name implies. They play a game to test it, and a lot of design decisions are based on what devs gleam from how playtesters react to the game they're playing because again it's a test.

You're retarded acting like an expert when you obviously have no idea about game programming.

That's what patches are for sonny boy.

It's guy who never played Fuse lamenting a change in art style from a PROMO VIDEO again.

i wish your moms pussy had play testers so that you would be cut content

Who could be behind this post?

im not so sure how that applies here. are you insinuating ops father is jewish?

oh wait no i get it, its a circumcision joke. wow, i see you also have a knack for comedy. we should hang out

lol no bugs are an inevitability

Name one game that's entirely bug free.

minesweeper

curtisbright.com/msx/v0/minesweeperbugs.html

Also
minesweeper.info/wiki/Windows_Minesweeper

oh come on half of these arent even bugs

The goalposts have been moved.

Still means the other half is, hence minesweeper isn't bug free, also it's an MS product how did you ever expect it to be bug-free.

honestly i was expecting more bugs. they seem to be struggling to put anything in that list.

the reference is lost on me, your meme is too obscure

i was just thinking about this a few days ago, it really is a shitshow.

Wait whose the guy from the top of the picture?

Depends on the game.

For AAA, yeah it's focus groups, especially since you can see they really don't give a shit about actually testing their builds before releasing to public.

Something competently run outside AAA though will have some decent playtesting for bugs, unless the dev is a lone guy who can't afford to do that, or doesn't have the community to test something.

EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER

How new are you?

Oh shit my bad it's just been a while and I forgot the context of the screenshot.

Okay, this legitimately pissed me off.
WHO THEY FUCK DID THEY HIRE TO TEST THIS THING, MONKEYS?

YOU THINK ITS ONLY PLAYTESTERS RUINING SHIT? HOW ABOUT THE FUCKING KIKES AT MARKETING AND THE PR CUNTS?!

Video game "journalists" whose career revolves around playing games are worse than casuals at video games and complain about even simple games a 4 year old can manage are "too hard".

Playtesters who manage to be even worse fuck ups than the average player are paid to test games even if they're from a country known for their infamously hardcore and amazing players complain about simple games being "too difficult".

Why the fuck is this allowed?

You mean the guy who made Viewtitful Joe?

No, he's right. Every fps must be like cod, every third person shooter must be like gears of war, otherwise the testers complain and the white collars force you to change your game to soddisfy their shitty taste.

I meant itagaki but yea apparently there are more jap devs that did this.

i recently got access to for honor, and the survey i got for my feedback is hilarious

ah fuck, i missed a golden opportunity

read

ffffrrhrghghghrh

Yeah. I doubt any of these people have ever actually played video games before.

God bless that oatmeal cookie.

Not ironic at all, there's a reason "European Extreme" used to be a difficulty level in some games.

That one still baffles me. If they were told at the beginning of each level that the level is actually impossible would they just put the controller down and cry about how they can't beat the game?

Im pretty sure this shit comes from the same brainwashing that made nu males.
Fucking kikes are succeeding in making everyone good goyim

we're onto you

Or my personal favorite

Reminds me of that quote about censorship, taking away a steak because a baby cant eat it

More like Holla Forums is full of tryhard newfaggots bringing up the Jews every few posts in order to feel like they fit in.

Based Japan, even the playtesters are ignored there.

S: What about the secret passages?

Ducktales is full of them. Did kids figure that out?

something's not right here

wait, fuck, I read that wrong, nevermind.

Yeah, Kids today are afraid of experimenting.

Man, I used to find and do things in games that nowadays I wonder how the fuck did I ever find out. If you dont challenge kids they wont grow and learn.

That's also due to the sheer amount of games there is nowadays. Why would you play a great game for the ninth time to find all eastereggs rather than playing it once or twice plus several other good games. And in many games, there are no more secrets in the old sense, as the larger studios don't want to waste several man-hours on a room that only half a percent of the players will see, and instead go for some cheap cultural reference that most players will see and get. There's a cake plate. With nothing on it. You get it? You get it? xDDDDDDDDD
There are some who still try to squeeze everything out of a game and even reach a deep understanding of it, like speedrunners and glitch searchers. But the casuals are simply don't care enough, and if they can't find out how to progress within a quarter hour they'll either google it or drop the game.