What are some games where I can be a Lich?

What are some games where I can be a Lich?

Suck peoples life from their urethra, turn them inside out spread, raise an army of zimbawes that sort of thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

mw.modhistory.com/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Battlemage: Lichdom.

Lies. You are not a mage, a battlemage or a Lich in this game. It's also boring and did the exact opposite of what it set out to do.

Inventing new types of gameplay died in 07. We had a thread about that last week.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

You're not a battle either

Adventure Quest.

Get to the Tier 3 Necromancer class, at class level 10 you get the ability to turn into a lich.

I love the glitches and broken shit I abuse in this, nevermind my infinite MP generation thanks to the pixel ether and use of pets I wouldn't normally control via paldin's oath.

Oblvion has a mod for lichdom, but I've not the fogiest if it works, it's part of the M.O.E (modular Oblvion enhanced pack) There was another one but some faggot fucked up the file path's for the Model rednering in nifscope so it won't show up on 64bit systems and no one has released fix files for it.

Skyrim's a Given but it's never been properly expanded upon in the correct manner because it's post nuBethesda age with shitty TES:O lore slapped on amongst worser prospects (Digusing bishie mannimarco fangirls)

Neverwinter Nights 1 has a Prc 3.5 mod for 3.5edition D&D Prestige classes added to the game which allows for Lichdom via prestige classes or the base class Dread necromancer, but it uses the default Lich model you use for the majority of the game dumbing it down a little. but you know, I know of no modules that incorparate the Prc in a manner that would make it feel as if you're playing Spiderman games with cheats to play as another character and no one treats you as though you're that character, so you could be a Dread Necromancer 20 and Pale master 10 as a horrid Lich, and no one would really bat an eye beyond the default games responses to evil players

Heroes of Might and Magic Offers Lichdom even for Dragon players, Migth and magic orr whatever was along the lines of these series (The strategy one and the first person one) Hsa Lichdom, but again, it really does not affect people on an interpersonal level.

Baldur's Gate has a Pale master Prestige Class kit, but asides from that, there isn't anything to turn PC's undead and make them playable.

The closest you will get to an interactive Lich is TESIV and V at the moment with multiple reaction and A.I mods on so you're at least proerly received by the populace as a villian with things like fear actually affecting their disposition and the like, but It will really take forever to get thigns running anyhow.

oh boy /tg/ shitposting back in full force

Oh right, Tales of Maj'eyal, get it from the GOG collection part 1 on share threads with the DLC, open the root files and update it.

You get the necromancer class by killing one ingame, get the Bazaar mod for more in depth open world fun, but you become a Lich if you die with said class.

Most Dungeoncrawling roguelikes let you become a Lich, Elona+ has it as a race (though it doesn't do much in regards to how Npcs receive you, so you know, that sucks.)

No stop this is not what liches do.
Go play Dominions 4. You can be an immortal ghost king riding a flayed horse into battle which spooks everyone that isn't a battle hardened elite into fleeing.
You can cast spells that turns everyone's bones into splinters. You can cast rituals that inflict horrific plagues on entire populations, and then harvest the dead bodies for death magic.

Wesnoth.

Undead faction.

If you want a /tg/ thread you should have asked.
Where are the games where I can play as a Worm that Walks?

Haven't played AQ in forever, but I remember the sword of awe's death ability never triggering when I needed it, but it loved to kill super weak random encounters.

Fucking none.

Either someone get's off their ass, follows my NWN startup guide, learns modding, complete the PRC with Templates from Savage species, Monster classes, and Monster Templates updaes base Campaign, SOTU HOTU DLC and Darkness over Daggerford with the PRC and community made models that doesn't replace the Balor with the fucking Balrog, smooths over the textures with a few photoshop edits, then we ar enever getting a Worm that Walks.

Or we get a properly structured and thought out NWN3 with 3.5 rules.

GET PALADINS OATH YOU FUCKSHIT.

You'd rather felch it from their ass instead user?

HoMM 2. A great bonus if you find ghosts.

Skyrim's is shitty because there's no necromancy outside of Skyrim's terrible vanilla raise dead spells and no mod makers want to make their mods depend on other mods if they don't have to
So Undeath is a lich mod (that just piggybacks off of the already terrible dawnguard vampire transformation) that ends up being more about the journey than the destination
And that journey kind of sucks because it's one of those "you accidentally stumble upon someone else's plans to become a lich and decide to steal all his hard work" plots

As far as actually being a lich goes, morrowind does it much better, making the experience of being a lich kind of a big deal, as well as letting you chill inside your phylactery, though again everything else involving necromancy, or what you actually do once you become a lich still isn't expanded upon at all

Babby's first roguelike

Hopefully Hopoo returns to that necromancer game they were making a while back where you can make a army of skeletons from collected parts and swarm enemies

M&M 8

If I recall correctly, he's letting someone else use the assets for it
So it's not likely to come back any time soon

Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode lets you be a necromancer, which is most of the lich experience

Your not a colon either!

Or a space!

mount and blade has multiple skeleton-related mods
warsword conquest - warhammer universe, has skeleton faction, generic gameplay
phantasy calradia - you can be a necromancer that raises undead at the cost of his health, there's also an undead faction. once you get necromancy to 10, you even get a special option/quest to become a lich, but you need to hand in lots of money and valuables for it
chronicles of might and magic - literally plays like homm3, lots more troops here use magic, you can resurrect troops during battle
there's probably others but i'm not entirely familiar with them
i wouldn't recommend necromancy in phantasy calradia though, takes forever to level up, the only worthwhile troops you get from it are the skeleton knights, and all your troops can pretty much be one-shot by certain magic troops
chronicles of might and magic is a bit better, although you can't get free troops via necromancy, you can recycle your troops via reanimation during battles, making sieges insanely easy (at least once you get power liches)

From the thumbnail I thought this was an army of sunflower men charging at the enemy.

Hardly feels any different than any of the other factions, which is a major turn off.

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but I was at work.

Prestige classes are complete fucking garbage. Every single one. The amount of cross specialization dilutes your role and you end up at best with a 10/5/5 split or something retarded like that. You will be strictly worse than a 20 fighter or 20 wizard, or anything who stuck with a single class.

This gets worse in Pathfinder, where there's even more awful Prestige classes and reward feats for hitting level 20 in a class. With all the hybrid base classes (seriously you get to mix and match any of the base 4 classes however you want, there's a class for it, even hybrid wiz/wiz that puts regular wizards to shame) and class archetype alterations, you can make pretty much any character you want.

THESE COUNT TOWARDS PRESTIGING TOO, but remember that Prestige classes are underwhelming as fuck in comparison.

Is this a joke?

prestige classes are the joke

Mystic Theurge ends up gimping you, there has been significant theorycrafting on the benefits and optimal amounts of levels between wiz, clr, and mt, and it ends up being weaker than just picking 17 levels in one, and grabbing a few levels in the other. PF Archetypes made the difference even greater, because you can have a White Mage wizard archetype with limited access to healing/channeled bursts, for example.

Horizon Walker? Heirophant? Loremaster? Completely awful garbage that might only be useful if your GM has a super hard on for roleplaying at the expense of combat. Even so, Alchemists can be among the best social characters in the game. Don't even get me started about Arcane Archers.

The second.
The first is BoI

well nowadays theyre known as mexicantatrix

You sure you're not looking for a game where you can be a Succubus?

Not a rogue-like, barely even a rogue-lite.

You sir are a fucking pleb that deserves to be raises as a rotting corpse

this, more faggots need to learn how to experience the glory that is Dom4

particularly Ermor

Game looks fun but a bit prices for 30 dollary doos. Anybody got rips of it?

I've been digging in the share thread and I can't find what you're talking about for the life of me. Are you certain it's still there?

Fa/tg/ays go home!

If only for pure cosmetics, then playing as a leader of Undead Hordes in Disciples II.

I've been ideaguying an edgy fantasy game where you are the medieval version of a school shooter.

You give in to dark magic and become evil and basically become a necromancer and raise an army of skellies

Conquering towns and making them undead

too many projects already tho plus this is probably edge-lording

But I want to play as a lich/necromancer and playing it really straight (your motivation is you were isolated/hated by everyone because of a disease or something) could be interesting.

Isn't Tales of Maj'Eyal free and open source anyway?

Yes.

Not the Dlc though, hence the torrent.

Prestige classes are hit and miss fam, there are plenty of good ones out there.

you're not even playing a game either tbqh fam

Its a Roleplaying game it not about how good your character is it's about Roleplaying

Then why give the option to powergame?

Most games give you the option to power game it doesn't mean you have to do it.
Why does life give you the option to kill yourself?

Why do people usually make liches as undead Necromancers? They are just a wizard who was chosen undeath as a means of immortality, they can study and use whatever form of magic they'd like afterwards.

Because necromancy is cool

In dota 2 you can play as Lich and he uses frost magic. nothin unique, but he has a chain frost ability that bounces around

Is using the urethra for such purposes particularly common among Liches? I can't say it's something I've ever heard of.

IT'S JUST THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY OF DOING IT! IT'S NOT GAY!

I hate this meme. There is literally nothing wrong with being a necromancer and boning anyone who will not kneel.

What's so good about the bazaar mod?

I put it on the vola. There's nothing more beautiful than a field of skeletons slowly advancing upon a vastly outnumbered foe. I think it's the only strategy game featuring necromancy that I've played that actually let's you raise the dead after a battle, letting you leave a battle with more units than you started with.

Aw cheers mango. Gonna raise some zimbabwes up in this bitch! YEA!!

IT'S MAGIC, I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT. NOW SOUND THAT DICK AND ABOSRB THAT GUY'S LIFE

le dotes 2

I already have Dom3 and I saw the screens, is there really much different?

My quest begins

DnD class balance is the joke.
Seriously Wizards and Wizards is my favorite.
Remember weapon cords are pretty much impossible because you can't pick up your mouse (??)

Man, I wish Overlord was a better adaptation.
And had a season 2.

How the fuck is a normal ass wizard supposed to do that though
It's like expecting a pharmacist that's had no experience with surgery to perform serious surgery on himself, it makes no sense and could only end badly

Wait, hold the fucking phone, you can actually become a lich? I thought The Liar was lying about that.

Even a bard can become a lich if he wants to

I'm clearly talking about mods, you idiot

You never said which mod added liches to Morrowind. There are no liches, apaches, or dragons in Morrowind.

The idea that an actual human being could even think of that has made me stupider just for knowing the possibility

Well, there are liches in morrowind, they're just shitty normal-ass skeletons that cast spells instead of using weapons

And you really don't have to look hard to find the mod i'm talking about, the morrowind modding community isn't exactly large

According to Wizard of the coast, the guys who make D&d

Who Can be a Lich?
Core Base Classes
Barbarian -
Bard 11
Cleric 11
Druid 11
Fighter -
Monk -
Paladin 11*
Paladin 14
Ranger 11*
Ranger 14
Rogue -
Sorcerer 11
Wizard 11

Multiclassing
Fighter or Barbarian 6/Blackguard 7*
Monk or Rogue 8/Blackguard 7*
Monk or Rogue or Fighter or Barbarian 5/Assassin 7*
Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 8
Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 5* **

*with Practiced Spellcaster
**it would seem like W 3/C 3/MT 4 would qualify for the CL 11, but Practiced Spellcaster only allows a maximum caster level equal to your HD.

You faggots are the worst

There are several mods that allow the player to become a lich. Lichcraft 2, the Illuminated Order,, Great House Dagoth if you count Ash Vampires as liches(which they are, they're just wizards who have extended their lifespans with foul magic), etc.

There's 15 years-worth of excellent, good, decent, and shit mods out there, insignificant compared to some games, but massive compared to the shitfests that are Oblivion, Skyrim, and the 3D Fallouts. If you restrict yourself the ModNexus like a fucking faggot, sure, it seems small. But there's all sorts of websites out there, hell, there's even a couple of decent mods on fucking Deviantart.

Well excuse me for being to retarded to read your mind and find out what setting you were talking about. If you're just talking in general any setting that bards are spell casters in it would make sense that they could be magic skeletons too.

Honestly, it's been ages since I've played Dom3, so I've forgotten most of it. I suppose the best way to know is if you download it and try it out.

Lichcraft 2 and Illuminated Order are so connected that treating them as separate mods doesn't really do the experience justice

And many are lost to the ether
Whether on some faggot's blog that's had three hits in the past decade and isn't indexed on search engines, or on a mod hosting website that bit off more than it could chew, lived a little longer than it should have, and shut down forever leaving nothing behind but dead links on niche forums

There's a whole website that serves as an archive for PlanetElderScrolls and several other "lost" mods. Many of the worthwhile mods are there. You might even have one or two mods that aren't there.
mw.modhistory.com/home

Undead bards are banshees.

Adds in stores in dungeons which are relaly useful, a merchants guild that has romaing merchants to purchase from asides from the fuck your shit patrols ingame, a quest to seeke their location out and assist them for very well done streamlined quests that also assit with the near-impossible alchemist quests the game gives you.

There's more stuff to talk about but that's why I install it every time at the cost of the occasional fucked up looking tile.

A good chunk of TES was built on D&D Tabletop sessions Bethesda had when it was a few 90's Pizza kids with Archeology degrees.

It shows a lot in the lore, and the Morrowidn mechancis are more or less the d20 or 2e system.

Infact, TES mods that seek to replicate these environmental factors are some of the most functional as if to add insutl to injury.

I'd love to go into this more in detail with you, but really TEs games ammount to hacl'nslash games built with RPG mechanics that don't work and make gameplay worse because they stray away from what the creation was based on.

My TESIV for example, had rogues NPCs that perform sneak attacks and it added that much more depth to them, amogstother things such as the XP levelling system, dynamic levelled lists (a tool that fixes the levelled lists dragging to a slow unfun end where older mobs will cease to be) and much, much more, such as wandering and the like.

Most Lich-centric settings have magic practitioners who forget the other schools exist and don't make anything to cheat death with them.

Because there really isn't anything else on the plate user.

You've got:
Phylactery based Lich, may make more phylacteries, or get smart with it and make it a construct, upgrade it to hold benefits when in it's vicinity or the like

Phylactery + Present corpse Liches (For Dracoliches only because unlike humanoids a Dragon cannot grow the corpse of a wyrm of it's age prior to Lichdom due to how Dragons age and grow (basically the Phylactery cannot account for the growth of the dragon based on hoard)

Suel Liches (See the Lich from adventure time) Possesses you and warps your body into it's own

Archliches - Arcane Nigga became so powerful he became undead, but doesn't looked like a pissed off skeleton, effectively is negative-enrgy efficient like some kind of undead optimized player who don't need no shifty shit to become undead

Demilich So powerful you're indestructible, will build empires, godhood in reach, can uses headless bodies as an augmentation and serve as headwear and personel equipment at the cost of the guarantee of immortality, 100% bling.

Dry Lich - Warhammer Fantasy Mononga Tier Lich, can and will fuck all shit up, LITERALLY GENERATES SALT AND SAND and is as OP and broken as the Path of Exile MinionMancer Witch build with the spectres, mummeis and shitloads of undead with that 6-slot necro armour on, and has canopic jars for phylacteries.

Mummy Lich, like the above but is more deity centric, not seen since Shadows of the Unrentide, and is probably a beast in close range and as a Dry Lich to boot, benefits include NOT WAITING BUT A MERE FEW MINUTES TO GET BACK UP AGAIN AND CURSE YOU TO DEATH AS IT PUMMELS YOU TO DUST, Phylactery so ripped it has to be put on an opposing deities altar to be destroyed

Pathfinder over the top evil Lich Always a phylactery Lich, is pleb 11th level spellcaster, probably just wizard with necro kit, 2e and 1e as fuck, did over the top murderhobo blood mountain shit ot become undead, probably unoptimized, or is and took true necromancer or dread necromancer like a dumbass, TES Liches fit into this category, shockingly.

Gook Liches - Forgot they're supposed to have pylacteries, placed before Necromancer on the enemy tier rooster, overshadowed by vampires, or so hardcore they make the root of all information their phylaxcteries, yet, despite being undead still have to eat (See Elona) and postive energy fucks them up at the drop of a hat, and if lucky get a class or route hidden in the game which is really just blood majic or something minor outright and are mistaken for "dark mages"

Underwhelmomancers - Voldemort, Rasputin, Horned king (Liches but don't show the full power or have a delibating silly weakness which underplays their operation)

Banshees are a type of fairy, hence why the word ends if shee or sheidh.

Oh fuck, thanks for reminding me

Man that game was pure sex. the coolest take on all factions.

Shame slavs fucked up Dis3 and it turned into some ugly Homm/Dis mutant abomination