S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General - Waiting for the drawfag edition

ANUUUU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE
S.T.A.L.K.A.N. GENERAL

>Whatcha playan? and why isnt it Call Of Chernobyl

If you have any OC you wanna share, please go right ahead. First pic is from the drawfag from last thead.drawfag come back pls

POST STORIES
POST WEBMS
POST COMFY MUSIC
DISREGARD FREEDOMERS

Other urls found in this thread:

roh-online.com/en/announcement-of-the-closed-beta-test/
drivethrurpg.com/product_info.php?products_id=100243&
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/news/release-and-faq
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

these games are boring iron sight shooters that rely on players being all too forgiving to massive immersion breaking bugs, issues and behaviors and have a fanatical following that refuses to accept criticism. The mutant design is wasted on corridor shooting and the open worlds are featureless, the artifacts system is horrid, and the games have the same problem of "modders will fix it" that bethesda games have. Unfortunately modders fixing it usually means modders perverting the developers vision of the game to their own broken mess of a solution. As such a proper, well made and functional vanilla stalker experience doesn't exist and ultimately the games are ripe with the air of disappointment and squandered potential.

Such is life in the zone

Best location for next imaginary STALKER game?

I think japan was once an idea thrown, but the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. books describe a "New Zone" in Afghanistan

Chelyabinsk-65.

criticism of any kind is bait. So is making a thread. Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid?

So you did. Good to know you have no interest in discussing criticism for the game. You don't need to reply just to bump your thread.

Fine ill bite
sadly every game cant be doom or quake. how else are you expected to line up a shot? deactivating crosshairs is, in part, the true way to play the game.

of course a game made by a small company that was rushed by publishers is going to have problems. Yes, stalker games are no stranger to its occasional glitches and bugs, but, hilariously enough, its more solid than any AAA game today. As for immersion, many people would say thats just a buzzword but sure sometimes it can get out of hand or sometimes add to the brain shattering mystery that is the zone.

absolutely wat. the game has TONS of wide open space and the only corridors are the dark tunnels of the underground which makes shit even more terrifying.
its full of shit that wants to fuck you in the ass and eat you alive. there is always some kind of action or something interesting to find no matter where you go.

SoC's system was a bit broken, however its been ironed out in CS and CoP

fortunately this is still kick thanks to its amazing modding community. as for "modders will fix it" do note: the devs for stalker were fucked in the ass and are just now getting back on their feet. They barely had any resources and its a fucking miracle the games even exists.

Call of chernobyl begs to differ. And every mod provides a different experience with its own level of replayability while still keeping that stalker essence.

vanilla stalker with its patches works just fine with the occasional fun glitch. Ive never encountered a game breaking bug and i wish i could forget about it just to experience it again. if it starts to feel old, just mod it until it breaks. The potential is still there and hopefully we get a sequel that fulfills that potential

I've only played through CoP vanilla two years ago and I want to get back into the series, should I [1] play it modded or [2] go to SoC?

If the former, what mod should I use? If the latter, should I mod SoC for a first playthrough?

Fuck, are there any infographs for recommended mods I could use in the first place?

Play coc

play SoC, its a great game. I recommend playing either vanilla or with Zone Reclamation Project for fixes and some added goodies.

when you go back to CoP i suggest playing call of chernobyl. its fucking amazing

as for the image ill get back to you on that. i have to hunt it down because my folders are a mess.

The Roadside Picnic Table top game has 6 different zones, all because of well, no one really knows, but most chock it up to Ayyys

It'd be a hell of a thing if STALKER took even a little of that for a new zone as for

Trading, fighting, and wandering amongst desert villages, oil fields and massive faction wars in places like Falluhjah

I can dig it man, that would be pretty awesome

FOUND IT

holy shit thats scary, hopefully we do get a few ideas from that and yeah desert zone would be nice but id like something a little more wintery like the pic in the OP

It's pretty awesome because they have tables for making not just mutants but also anomalies and artifacts as well. Anomalies are also a lot more alien, but thats mostly because game wise it's hard to translate an anomaly like Painting (where anything that enters it slows down and eventually stops, anyone unlucky enough to bump into it usually has to amputate whatever they can to save themselves, Into something fun and gameplay like.

But I totally agree with you in more wintery scenes, maybe a zone in Northern America and the game taking place in winter would be the best bet.

Winter is comfy as Fuck

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

I just started SoC, completely vanilla, and I have been going good, I just cleared Yantar's Lab X-16 and gave a bunch of shit to barkeep.

I really hated Yantar because all of the zombie stalkers felt like bullet sponges, and by the end of X-16 I had to resort to knifing the zombies. Could it be my loadout that made the zombies harder to kill?
I am just using the Fast Shooting AKM 74/2, is this one outdated and bad at this part of the game? Should I buy a new gun from some of the vendors? It seemed good enough to easily take down the Pseudogiants.

Surprisingly, I haven't ran into any glitches yet for playing Vanilla, but I hope that won't change. So far though, this game is the most fun I have had in a long time. After I beat SoC I will go do CoC.

Fast shooting AKM is pretty good, i cant suggest ammo or gun types because i think it all depends on preference. As for the zombies aim for the head

Hold the phone there m8, you should play CoP if you havent first. You can skip Clear sky but if you want to play it go ahead.

Tell us more about the anomalies, perhaps we could ask /tg/ for a .pdf so one could make screens of the roll tables.

Thanks for the headshot tip man, I was using the shotgun I bought from the scientist in the bunker, and it was annoying having to hit them 4 times with a point blank shotgun, but now after the choppers came and wiped out the zombies, it seems a lot safer, and a lot less annoying with the Psi-Emission making the screen really hard to see.

As for CoP, is it very glitchy vanilla? Or will I need to get a fix mod. I played the first part once, but my hard drive got screwed up by something else, but I am excited to complete SoC.

On a side-note, should I join duty? Right now I am a Loner, but I got a mission from Barkeep to help some Duty guys in some Military Warehouses.

Any mod recommendations for CoC? I already have AO and having all these new weapons is really refreshing.
Why am I being flood detected?

CoP is fine vanilla but you might want to grab a mod that adds the original VA instead of the rather poor and immersion-breaking English VA. Google will probably turn one up.

CoP has barely any problems in vanilla, i encountered zero game breaking bugs or glitches when i played it.

If you want to go ahead, duty is fucking rad.

DQ+warfare if you want faction wars
DoctorX quests if you want to travel and have more tasks to do
and then the moddb page has a ton of goodies like call of changes and a radio mod

there was a MEGA link full of mods you can pick and choose from, but i lost it. if anyone has that and the other stalker links can you please post them for the rest ill include them in the OP if we make a new thread

nice drawing, you make it?

Thanks for the tips, and yeah, I made that stalker.

it looks great, keep up the good work

Give me a chance and I'll be able to get you guys the tables myself, along with a few tips in the game itself, give about an hour or so

Awesome will be waiting.

Here you are man, some light reading to tide you guys over until I get it set up

The Way to Pripyat
>why isnt it call of chernobyl
Installed it once, crashes the game a fuck lot because it ran out of memory often so i had to play on the shittiest setting and all that, and enemies don't drop anything beyond their weapons which some anons said it was a bug.
i ended up uninstalling it after getting fed up with the crashes but the small time i managed to get it to not crash was incredibly tense and hard trying sneeki breeki bandits with the PPm is quite fun even if i had to savescum
Nothing
-RP-74
-Martha
-Sunrise Suit
-Gas Mask

Got the tables all set up, going to put them into larger images, as the text is a bit smaller

Okay, without further ado, here it is, it's not quite a D20 table, but you could easily convert it to post numbers if you want to

Question stalkers, does AO break balance for CoC? Im overwhelmed at the amount of shit, its awesome, maybe I'll learn something

One user in the last thread has said as much, and with my limited experience I think it might be true but I'd have to play more to get a handle on that.

What's the Russian for "Sukya blat" or whatever the proper romanization is? What does it actually mean?

It is Cyka Bylat actually.

It means Fucking Slut/Bitch.

Fuck this disk 1 shit. Looks like I'm sticking to AO.

Thanks.

In STALKER, I don't recall bandits ever saying exactly "Cyka Blyat". I remember that when they would get wounded or die they would say Papali Papali cyka, or just scream Blyat.

For Call of Pripyat, can I play as a Bandit and go all Cheeki Breeki on literally everyone with a bunch of bandit gopnik buddies?

Sometimes they say 'Yob tvoyu mat' too.

I'm doing some bandit stuff right now and man the darkscape is terrible, just a really long corridor with upset loners between you and the Cordon.

What does that mean?

So far, I have not played Call of Pripyat, but I remember that in SoC, the Darkscape was removed.

STALKER is a weird case where a lot of stuff was cut from the final product, but it still was an outstanding game. I mean, I am fairly new to the game, but I think that another STALKER game would be almost like a Ghostbusters 3, a fabled sequel that needed a bunch of people who worked on good titles to meet together to make this new thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all the people split up between like 3 companies, and this one guy fired them all from the original company?

I am one with the Monolith now.

Literal translation is "fuck your mum" but is usually used as the english "for fuck's sake".

Stalker went through one hell of an development hell. The whole backstory of how it was developed is pretty interesting, even has some mafia shit thrown in.

Holy shit, where can I read some of this?

Thanks man

What can you do in this game that is cooler than new vegas? I only played the first Stalker for 15 minutes.

Just started Shadow of Chernobyl with the STALKER complete 2009 mod. Can you return back to Cordon without having to go through that electric tunnel? I recently helped the scientists by the helicopter crash site.

I never played New Vegas, but in STALKER the atmosphere is so much more dire and you feel very lonely and scared at times. There are also a lot of weirder types of mutants and anomalies, from random pillars of fire spirting from the ground, gravitational pull, and psychic mutants that make you hallucinate.
Overall, why not just try both? There is so much stuff to do, and after that first bump at the start you become obsessed with the game.

if you face the tunnel and follow the hill to the left, you will find a military encampment with like 5 people, you can easily kill them, or climb over the fence and run down the hill on the other side.

At least that is what it was like in vanilla, does the mods you are using change the map layout?

It's subjective but

You should probably uninstall it right now before you embarrass yourself any further user. If you've never played ShoC before play it without mods and if you did play with with AMK.

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door. Reddit is two blocks down.
Seriously, uninstall that trash.

Wish I could link you a site where you could read it but I havent found anything. I just read the various news articles throughout the years. Sorry

Its okay man, thanks though, when I am taking a break from STALKER, I will try to dig it up.

Right now I have about 90k Roubles, and I really do not know what I should buy, If I got 200k I would be able to buy an exosuit, but how would I make that much money? So far I am just stocking up on ammo after what happened in Yantar.

SEVA suits are objectively better, don't let those Duty faggots tell you otherwise.

Right now, in Vanilla SoC, I cannot find a way to repair armor, so I just switch inbetween armor once the durability gets low. Right now I am on the Berill 5m, then I will move onto the Wolf Suit.

It's a better investment for people who make a living from the zone rather than sucking army cock.

There sadly isn't a way to repair weapons/armor in vanilla ShoC.
At least you'll appreciate mods that add this function a whole lot more after you complete it. Either way the Wolf Suit should last you a good while, keep saving those rubles.

While I do agree that the SEVA suit is fucking amazing, I do think being a walking tank is fun.

I played and completed CoP first with Vanilla and then with Misery and the only reason I had the mod installed was that I thought SoC had many bugs to it so that is why I got the mod.

I will become a loner for the rest of my playthrough so I may learn from my mistakes

Is the SEVA suit that good? I remember hearing that I can get it in some isolated boarded house? Should I go run by after I finish helping that guy who lost his family rifle?

No, you start over. You're not even that far. Patch the game and get ZRP if you want more bugfixes.
I could go on about why Complete is a horrible mod, but there's no point.

Just get ZRP dude, it makes for a great vanilla experience.

SEVA suit has great stats that can be further upgraded (CS/CoP), there is a variation thats more combat oriented which is the Dolg version but in CS/CoP it removes some environment functions like the ability to carry artifacts.

In SoC however, all suits can carry artifacts, so i highly recommend the Dolg SEVA because of the extra armor.

It's undeniably a fucking blast, especially in CoP where you can upgrade it into a fucking w40k terminator suit.

Cmon user, you're missing out on a multitude of features that better ShoC mods offer by continuing on with complete. I know it sounds painful but you will certainly have a better time with something else, even if you have to start from the hobo phase again.

Someone should post that stalker progression pic. SEVA and exo are the two endgame suits and the SEVA basically turns you into an anomaly ninja while the exo makes you an angel of death. It's really up to you to decide what style of playing you prefer.

Probably a good idea to consult the wiki about where you can find it.

Holy shit what the fuck, been looking through the changes that STALKER complete has and this is bullshit.

I will change to ZRP when I have the time.

Told you. Most people are oblivious to what Complete does or are purposefully casualizing the game. It's a shame that's the first experience some have with the game.

got you covered fam

It is the very first anomaly they encounter, it markets itself as a bug fix and general quality of life mod while it is actually something else.

How the fuck do I enjoy Clear Sky?

sky reclamation project or faction wars.

By playing it?
Clear sky is the only physical copy I have of the stalker series

patch the game/install a stabilizing mod, do all of the missions for the clear sky faction while youre in the swamps to get their top tier suit, and run away from the military machine gun nest. Then you can start enjoying it.

Loving CoC, but there's something small missing that I remember from some mod years ago. I miss moving anomalies - whirligigs that would chase you and shit like that. Why don't more mods do that?

Also, does CoC have a Svarog detector? I love that fucking thing, and it was great with whatever mod that was (OL?) when you could actually see the anomalies moving around.

That makes 10x more sense and is 10x less fun, now that I know.

pls no
im not sure, i wasnt able to find it before then again i was running warfare and the jupiter scientist were fucking gone

ARE YOU READY FOR ROH STALKER?

roh-online.com/en/announcement-of-the-closed-beta-test/

Alright, I uninstalled Stalker complete and installed ZRP. Just to confirm, the ZRP version is in the bottom left of the menu, so should that be fine?

This isn't going to be online-only, and thus riddled with kiddies bunnyhopping and screeching like faggots all the time, right?

nah

I can't remember, it's been years since I played ZRP. Some other user might know.

I think they said they planned support for people to host their own servers, so you could play by yourself too I'm sure.

Oh thank fuck.

Call me stupid, but since I played the DayZ mod years ago I've been wanting a proper open world survival game. One with actual goals, factions and without stupid minecraft bullshit.
If nothing else, I can see a Holla Forums server working out well. We'd definitely have enough people to populate one.

dear god that'll be chaos

That mod got me into some of the greatest gaming moments I had, never had situations as intense before. Even played it with 3 other friends at one point and had one of the best firefights I ever had. It even had a stalker inspired map with a lab and bloodsuckers

I've been playing Planetside 2 and Ragnarok with the respective groups. Some of the fags here organize some pretty amazing shit.

Exactly. The problem was DayZ suffered from a ton of awful design decisions. The concept was promising but there were so many flaws you'd have to make a game from the ground up to make the most of it. And so far nobody has managed to make one that doesn't suck ass.

I bought this serious off steam like a good little stinky goyum fag and I'm running it on windows 10 like the bestest goy

But whenever I start to stream music from youtube because I'm too lazy to pirate it and then start the game it stops the music for some reason also when the game is loading anything I need to hit control alt delete then cancel to have it actually load, minimizing it in that state causes it to crash for some reason and letting it load leaves it on an infinite frozen screen

Also when I do a mission like clear out the bandit camp at the garage and killed the leader and completed the mission all the friendly guys came in but it never took the blip off the map and after a while all the friendlys ended up dying off somehow around the place

Or when I went to the scrap yard and helped defend against that big wave of guys whenever I come back to that section the whole wave responds for some reason and all those friendly guys died after a while as well

If my game just fucked? I pirated the game on windows 7 like a year ago and it worked much better but I couldn't save my game and no fixes worked for me

I rely want to play this game without all this shit plz help.

That is why I was interested in the dayz standalone, it quickly became apparant it would be a steaming pile of shit so I quit following it. Looking at the occasional post about it I was right.

Same here. It was disappointing to see so many games parrot it without even trying to improve on the formula.

Hey, Barkeep just put a GP-37 on the market, should I buy it and replace my fast shooting AKM-74/2?

Buy it if you want easy modo

I just finished all the Arena missions, and for the final one, headshotting people in Exoskeletons wit a Gp-37 was too easy, mainly because they were wounded or dead because they spawn 4 hostile people NEXT TO EACHOTHER. Arena was fun, reminded me of Oblivion's arena a bit with the narrator, but the crowd interaction was better. Though, the end of the arena felt really shallow. Like rather than people recognizing you, all you get is Arnie saying "You are already a pro!!". Otherwise, fun time.

our wurm villages are pretty organized, we built some good shit.

We can be the best group to play with (Tribes:Ascend) or the worst group to play with (TF2C).

These are some damn cool concepts for anomalies. It's a shame that some of the more interesting ones like the emotion altering ones or the metaphysical ones can be rather difficult to put into vidya terms.

Fucking kill yourself.

What about a sanity meter like in eternal darkness? something along those lines

I'm not saying the Comic sans shit is questionable, but at least it's not F.A.T.A.L.

Are you talking about this one? Would you mind posting it?
drivethrurpg.com/product_info.php?products_id=100243&

Oh it will, for the whole five seconds it takes those kids to find out that the devs made your voice count as sound and they're now being swarmed by fucking Chimeras.

I don't know if they have, but if they haven't, they're seriously fucking up

I don't understand this meme

I installed on top of my CoP installation just fine.

I don't know, I always felt that sanity meters try to quantify something that is very abstract. I would prefer things that screw with the interface or your abilities in increasingly less subtle ways. For example, walking into a melancholy anomaly could make your character progressively more sluggish and make the world progressively more blurry and colourless. The effect should be noticeable, but should be slow enough that you can realise you're in danger and need to leave (or add a bunch of corpses with no blood or wounds). Maybe if you stay for too long your character shoots himself or simply sits down and waits until he starves to death. Maybe the anomaly is large, so that there's a real sense of danger despite it taking a while to kill you but you can make it through if you find a quick path. Or you could simply go around it. An anger anomaly could make you unable to look away from an enemy, you would have to kill him or break line of sight.

Metaphysical anomalies could affect your luck or perception in unusual ways. Increased mutant spawns around you, stalkers percieve you as untrustworthy, maybe you simply can't see a certain colour. These would all have to be temporary or else they would be incredibly annoying.

Ok, but if you experience any problems it's totally your fault.
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/news/release-and-faq

Run OCR.
Pull plaintext.
Reformat with a non-meme font.
Reprint.
???
Profit!

Try installing ZRP.

There is svarog in CoC
1.Sakharov sometimes has it
2.Master and veteran ecologist may carry it lure zombies in yantar

I finally finished an entire playthrough of CoP for the first time after dumping like 300 hours into the game.

It was chaotic as fuck, pretty buggy too. I'd hate to actually have a desire to save every single one of the NPCs you're escorting.

You joking m8? I even went out of my way to save everyone in the tunnels to Pripyat.

The only guys that died were basically just extras, not the main important guys that actually influence the ending.

One guy bugged out and didn't leave the base at the start but the ending just defaulted to him living.

Recently finished OGSE 0.6.9.3 for the third time. I am loving the mod more and more.

GOD MOTHER FUCKING DAMNIT WHY

Friendly reminder you should install Russian (or Ukrainian) voices for best ctankep experience
You find them here mega:///#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ

Not even sure why Duty is neutral to Ecolog in the first place, since they're trying to exploit the zone just like Freedom.

I accidently pressed a button on my numpad and my HUD disappeared.
Anybody knows how to fix it?

Reloading a save or the game doesn't help
CoC 1.3.20 + AO3 + faction war

Didn't mean to quote

look in game options for "debug hud" and turn it off

Thanks
I think my brain turned into mush after praising the monolith for too long

That'd be the one and if I knew how to remove watermarks and my name off the damn thing I'd be more than willing to throw it up on here.

Word of warning if I do get help on it. The RPG is pretty freeform, in that dice rolls aren't really a standard thing for actions. You basically have the situation described to you, and, depending on how dire the situation is gives you little time to think as you all think up actions to get you out of the particular situation.

For instance,as you explore the suburbs of an American Midwestern town caught in the zone you look ahead and what looks to be almost a bank of fog gathering in the town turns out instead to be a cloud of blue flakes like fallen snow floating in the air, and as you watch them you realize, to your horror, that they move against the wind which is pushing them slowly but surely towards you. Anything that comes into contact with them begins to grow a shell almost with the looks and color of stone. You'd rather not find out how it affects living flesh, so you call to your fellow stalkers and begin coming up with a quick plan. You guys might say you begin throwing bolts to discover a safe path to anywhere but here, while one of your guys might say he rushes over to a nearby house and attempt to open the door in the off chance that maybe the home was left unlocked and, barring that will attempt to kick down the door. Anything has got to be safer than what's out there, right? If you guys dally for too long to try and figure out a solution for a dynamic event like that, the book actually goes as far as to tell you as the GM that it's fine to start counting down.

Less dire situations are more, comparing how knowledgeable your character is, like if you want to try and fix a truck using parts from the other cars in the area with his skill in it and how good it sounds as a plan. You explain how you are going to check the truck and see if there is anything missing, and checking for tools in the back of the truck and other cars, are going to set to work on it. Since it's more than likely you'll find tools in one of the endless lines of cars in the zone, (Unless your GM decides to be a dick) the fixing process will not only be doable, but a lot easier and quicker because you would find tools, and depending on what your character's backstory is (the backstory you build will determine what their skills are, their contacts, and any enemies they may make because of their life) he may be able to actually hotwire and get the thing running pretty easily.

That freeform system looks very interesting, especially for people that aren't much into pen and paper RPGs and/or beginners like me.

You don't.

bump

I also heard there is a system that uses 2 d6 dice per player and alternate rules for people who want to use dice. The main benefit I have seen is that according to the people who made the game, they actually recommend using a mixture of the two where combat uses the dice to describe the randomness and luck while everything else uses free form. At least that is what I got from it when I went to their website.

How dangerous are the mutants and the anomalies? Does it describe what would work and what would not? I am assuming in that situation the house may be a bad idea since they could get trapped inside.

Well, here I am.
Also reposting the other requests I made in the previous thread

FN 2000 boat

Eight-panel comic, rough finish as needed. Panel 1: loner is spotted by a mercenary at a checkpoint, who attempts to hold him up with an L85. Panel 2, the merc fires, rifle stovepipes on the overhead warning shot. Panel 3, unjams while the loner ducks for cover. Panel 4, Mercenary fires again; double feed mid-burst. Loner is looking a bit panicky behind some form of junk. Panel 5, mercenary repeatedly racks the bolt while cussing out the L85, Loner is peeking over cover. Panel 6, mercenary raises to fire again; failure to fire and the magazine falls out entirely as the loner screws his eyes shut, expecting to get his brains spattered. Panel 7, both look to the fallen mag- the loner with one eye open- stunned. Panel 8, merc waves loner through the checkpoint out of sheer embarrassment. Hope it's not too specific/involved or too unspecific.

nice, ill repost my request from last thread

Okay, I have an idea.

Some STALKERS sitting in a janky as fuck ultralight airplane flying over the zone.

Maybe try to make this like, 3 or 4 panels instead, sounds like a chore to draw

Pics for reference

It started out as four panels, but I couldn't contrive a good way to do motion lines and inpanel transitions that wouldn't look cluttered, confused and sound even more fucked to sketch out, so I broke it up. If he could make it work, that's at his discretion, though, and I'd appreciate getting anything out of it.

Hey DF did you get a chance to work on this or is it too specific?

AO is overwhelming as fuck. Also I can will a Blood sucker with one shotgun blast, I think I might shelf it for now and Just do Dr X

Will them into doing what? Are you trying to have sex with bloodsuckers again, stalker?

If I were to run it, I'd probably go with a dice system for the combat as well, freeform for everything else to let more creativity roll in.

The far more alien (called inorganisms in the game) are…. honestly anything from indifferent (replica's don't really do anything dangerous and look somewhat human, and just tend to wander around in towns bordering the zone. As long as you just let them do what they are do and give them a wide berth you're usually fine, but they are stupidly strong and extremely resilient, so accidentally fucking around with them will lead to pretty grisly consequences if you stand near them when they make a sudden movement) to outright hostile, not just animals that were twisted by the zone, which in themselves are pretty fucked up, but also organisms that don't have anything to do with the animals and more than likely were never animals in the first place.

For reference

Moon Hares

Or
Dark Snakes

It is more on the Stalkers and the GM to try and figure it out for certain things. A Burning Man does not cross or enter water, so that will certainly save you if it is deep enough, but throwing water at the burning man may only cause it to disappear for a split second.

As for the situation in my last post, that I just pulled out of nowhere, but it would be best to keep moving through houses, and away from the crystals as fast as you can. Depending on the GM the shell might be a soft flaky, easy to break rock something that opening the door and knocking down, or it might be something far more solid and keep things covered in stone for a week before breaking apart. Needless to say, it would be in your best interest to find out much, much later, preferably in the lab of a researcher once your way way out of the zone. As long as the plan is solid as hell and fate kind, you should make it out with few casualties. If someone had gone down an alleyway or started running opposite of the crystals instead, they may not have made it out as easy as you.

You cheeky fuck.

Naw I mean KILL them with one blast, kinda takes the fear away.

Go into the Red Forest, you'll find all the fear you need. Bring companions too so you can watch them knocked out one by one by either tracers coming out of the bushes or smoke.

Maybe, I rolled back for now. I'l probably pick it up again at some point.
Also one more thing about CoC, does anyone think the maps are a bit crowded? I see people and mutants everywhere, Kinda takes away from that lonely feel, might just be me though.

Some maps should be and some should be empty. Really it all kinda feels off to me. Cordon, Garbage and Bar should be absolutely packed but I do like how you run into one or two patrols in the Vehicle Graveyard and that's it. That map feels lonely and I love how it feels when you run into friendlies.

Fucking tell me about it, i absolutely hate it when my PDA picks up stalkers and i have no idea where they are or if they're even friendly. And binocs are fucking useless because they wont register a person's alignment when they are moving.

I forgot to mention:
Im constantly on edge and paranoid i love it

oh shit could they be gearing up for a release soon?

I just went through and manually removed every single foggy weather state.

You think that's bad? I was the guy doing a military run to fuck up Clear Sky from a thread or two back, and my save had me fighting them in fog and piss rain. Throw in reeds and the fact I had no upgraded gear except the barely scavenged AK and it was a slog.

I wouldn't have it any other way beyond me forgetting to save after every 2 or so minutes, meaning I would have to repeat a firefight
my worst was repeating 4 separate firefights at once

Now I can't fucking go anywhere without having to fucking shoot everything I see anymore. Also, I'm pretty sure I killed the PDA guy and the special merchant. Wish there was a quicker way to raise your standing with the Loners.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish they would fix. I love the fog, but you can't do anything but return fire.

Ive had zero issues with fog except for "cant see shit capt". Even enemies cant see me in the fog.

They do have a reduced vision range but they can still see you before they come into your vision. Really the best thing to do in the fog is to hunker down and fire at muzzleflashes since they shoot from so far away that you don't see silouhetttes.

It was a straight up siege scenario, and it's moments like that that make STALKER a great game.

im sorry you played misery

Playing CoC right now, doing the DX Questline as military, pretty good as it actually gives me something to do. Only thing that bugs me about being military is sneaking around Rostok everytime it tells me to meet the Duty members there, otherwise I end up having to gun down 15+ Loners which is not only annoying but a waste of ammo.

Considering this is a 7 year old engine the game still can look pretty damn good with the lighting, especially with an enb running on it.

So what mods for CoC are incompatible with one another? I have Warfare at the moment, but does that work with AO and DX?

Newfag here; any features I should enable/disable with ZRP's modifier exe?

Also, is Shaders MAX any good? And does it play well with ZRP?

Feminists come from the Zone?

I played SoC vanilla once ( had the wrong ending and no save), and I'm having a second run with patched version.

I have CoP and CS but never played them, should I? Or should I play CoC?
It seems comfier tbh.

if only it were something so benign

As for actual S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Fuck the zone

Actually, I just went back to check something, are all the military cleared out of a military playthrough, or is it just me?

Looks like Radium will be a CoC mod, but wont have the story mode sadly.

Hope 1.4 is finally released so that modders can blow their load already.

I really hope the guy who makes arsenal overhaul really improves his mod since I always get crashes using it under certain circumstances. One of them being trying to take out the Bar as a bandit or military guy since I was told to do so.

As hype as that shit is problem is now all the mods have to update. Waiting is fucking pain.

AO3 is quite buggy, show the issue to the him and it might get fixed.
But i remember when i had to unfuck a issue with .338 lapua that was giving ctd and other people were having the same issue, he listened and fixed it.
Be quick, since he tends to update AO3 along CoC.

I think that 1.4 will be the final content and engine update.
Thankuflly some modders cacth on fast, since most were just waiting for 1.4 final to hit.

I've seen some user say this in the last threads and again im not sure where he got that info from.

It does sound strange, but its more plausible that any update after 1.4 will be just for bugfix and hotfix.
Since any more tampering would defeat the purpose of CoC being a modder-resource, hope i worded it right.

W-what?

That's a bit too much for a request, bro

Delivering at last!

Requesting either one:

1) Sexy Stalker saying 'Howdy Ho~'

2) What are you a statue? If you got something to say just spill the beans

statue - beans free interpretation

You're doing God's The Monolith's work user.

I thought it'd be too big, but I still wanted to put the brainfart out there, no problem. Been finding tons of dead L85 wielders lately.

For something a little more reasonable, a stalker in Wild Territory getting irritated at a couple cats before booking it as a Chimaera leaps from behind a traincar, cats in tow. Or one panel of just the chase. Something with cats and a chimera, in any case. Whatever sounds fun and untaxing to draw.

top fucking shelf m8, keep up the great work

I hope he adds the ability to use optics on all weapons, since the M16 and F2000 can only take an ACOG and not any of the others.

And a beavertail-picatinny adapter would be awesome for AK weapons.

Gettin' comfy out at the Bandit base.

dat backflip enemies do when hit in the upper chest by 9x39

tfw Freedom so all 9x39 has to be scavenged

static or dynamic lighting?

Can my toaster run this? Also where can I get this for free?

Oh, ok.

I-I'm not mad.

Your toaster will not run this.

noice job lad

Dynamic if your computer can handle it, Static for more performance

I decided to take a try at this today finally. Pirates a repack of a shifty torrent site that came with 3 versions of the game or something. Installed shadow of Chernobyl and gave it a shot. So far my experience hasn't been "holy shit this is amazing" however its been pretty entertaining
I'm playing on veteran, it's a fun challenge but next time I die I'm trying a higher difficulty.

Fun fact, The lower the difficulty the harder the game is due to Slav magic

wat
Explain

bullet damage scales depending on difficulty for both player and npcs

Lower difficulties make enemies bulletsponges

On top of these, lower difficulty somehow poofs away your bullets literally if i remember correctly.

Yeah, it's pretty much a game of who's quickest on the draw until you get better armour. Have fun in Agroprom.

Yes. YES.
This is what I need.

NO ONE TOLD ME VANILLA COP HAD SUCH A SHITTY ENDING

Yeah, a certain % of bullets literally dissapear when you're firing at a long range or something like that.

Wait, what's the true ending to Call of Prypiat?

I suspect he's mixing up SoC with CoP. CoP does have varied endings for certain groups and characters based on your actions ingame but the overall ending stays the same.

Yeah, the story in CoP certainly felt underwhelming compared to SoC, guess I'll have to get a few mods up now.

What do you suggest for someone who just finished all three vanilla games?

Fuck, misread. Did you not like certain things said during the ending or was it the slideshow "x and y happened"? I thought it was a decent ending, you completed your mission and managed to escape the zone with valuable information

It's more the lack of a climax unlike in SoC where shit hits the fan. It wasn't a bad game because of the ending of course, enjoyed it throughout.

If you don't want to play the same stories through with mods:

If you can read slav there are more mods with new stories but you'd have to ask someone else about that shit.

If you want to play the original games through with mods:

And then wait for Wormwood/Redux 2.0 or Gunslinger like the rest of us.

I can give more details on a specific mod if you'd like. Mostly I stick to Lurk and AMK but they aren't for everyone.

Also dumping these.

WHY CANT THERE BE A STALKER MULTIPLAYER
A SANDBOX WITH MINIMAL CRAFTING AND NO STATS
WHERE YOU LOOT RUINS SHOOT PEOPLE AND PISS YOUR MONEY AGAINST A WALL IN THE BAR LATER

There is.
It's shit.

Wasn't that shit a kickstarter scam? i remember reading about that years ago.

Gonna try AMK, Lurk and Misery. How different are AMK and Lurk? Is Call of Chernobyl another freeplay mod similar to Faction Wars?

AMK is a little tougher and goes for the hardcore STALKER crowd. Not artificial difficulty like Misery but don't expect an easy ride. Also the translation is 'interesting'. Lurk is a little more polished and probably the easier of the two but that's no bad thing. Lurk 1.05 is more minimalist while 1.1 will flood you with different guns and ammo types (you may or may not like this). IIRC both will need you to downgrade to 1.0004. This image will help but it isn't difficult at all.

Misery will need the unfucker mod. I'm not particularly sure what it's called nowadays but google should find it.

Yes though more focussed on doing jobs for factions than an outright faction war. There's a few recommended addons for it too but ask someone else for them. I'm not big on freeplay myself.

Whoops, wrong image. Picrealted is how to downgrade. AMK certainly needs it, Lurk I'm not sure.

Is it me or is the knife op as fuck? I just knife the shit outof everthing now. Dogs, burers , chimeras. I chase down blood suckers instead of the other way around. I murder the zone now, what gives?

Ray of Hope is in the works, user.

nah its just a failure of a project. the scam was from some burgers who were interns for a week doing localization with a 3rd party. when survarium was in tech demo stage it looked really good but there seems to have been a lot of creep of bad ideas and the release state was a fucking joke. in the end it apparently played like a afterthought MP mode in a single player game, i dont know if they ever actually finished it or added in the PvE they promised.

If you know how to use it yes. It's a little more dangerous to use against humans particularly in mods like AMK.

Anyone else bought a guitar to play Stalker songs?
They're really comfy, along with the Metro ones.

general bump

Any reason not to install AtmosFear for a first CoP playthrough?

First playthrough should always be vanilla user, everyone knows that.

I wanted to try a new weapon mod and started using OWR, but I noticed that it seems to nerf shotguns into the ground. Multiple shots do no kill one boar easily.

Have a seva suit in stalker CoC, got it as a reward. Fun fact, Forester seems to be able to upgrade shit to max WITHOUT tools, although hes all the way through the red forest, so theres that.
Im thinking of how to get the most bang for my buck.

So question is
-Weight carried +10 vs +1 container
Next upgrade is 2 containers, no choices there

-suit durability vs impact negation
then
-armor vs body armor weight
Im leaning on more armor.

What you think?

Forester has always been able to do that, but he costs twice as much to do anything with.

None at all. It barely changes the gameplay. Though you may still want to play vanilla just so you can appreciate exactly how it changes the game.

Upgrading shit with Forester is a good idea if you're a stalker with more money than patience.
Don't SEVAs come with 2 containers by default? If so then you should probably get the weight upgrade, 4 containers is sufficient for pretty much all your needs.
I never found suit durability to be much of a concern, I just carry a sewing kit wherever I go.
As for armour vs weight, that's a tough choice. I guess it depends on how much trouble you have when carrying things.

I would choose weight carried since the SEVA suit already has two slots which is plenty. Next I would choose impact to reduce mutant damage and slug damage, as that reduced damage can reduce some degradation anyway. The last one I would choose is probably weight since the armor on the SEVA suit is already low enough to the point you do not want to try and get hit with it if possible.

Oh that faggot, well hes rich now but at least I got my shit upgraded.

Eh, gonna keep that for the second time around, but the game does crash on me an awful lot when I go back to desktop, I m assuming there isn't anything in the vein of the ZRP for CoP, because I do miss the quality of life type of improvements it did, the ability to have multiple quicksave slots and being able to do a quick named save directly through the main menu and to a lesser degree the increased time limit for tasks.

Fuck, meant for

Any suggestions for what mods to Call of Chernobyl I should be playing with?

Fucking based.

You should atleast get a weapon mod in my opinion, i use AO3. You could also sprinkle some more mods on top of it, Call of Changes looks good

And then there's Armory Addon/Outfit Addon that adds armors, and lastly, the Doctor X quest mod seems to be interesting.

Thank you. Had a great time with CoC so far, looking forward to trying these.

I used to play some older mods for SoC that had a feature where your backpack stash's contents could be stolen every once in a while. I haven't been playing CoC much since its release - I hope it doesn't have that feature, right?

(dubs)
Just remember not everything is compatible, i've just figured out Call of Changes isn't compatible with AO3

Boy i can't fucking wait for 1.4

Weird, I've installed everything except radioactive food and mask overlays and it seems fine.

In the meantime, the game locks down to 30 fps whenever I quickload, but when I do that the second time, it goes back to 60. What's causing this, is it vsync?

Oh shit so the "installer adapts accordingly to your installed mod" thingy is real, maybe i'll install that shit. Did you also install Doctor X quest and any of the armor addons?

No, I only have AO3, Dynamic quests for all factions, and Call of Changes.

New drawfag here. Gonna play some S.T.A.L.K.E.R.and draw something from my journey. See you in a few hours, stalkers.

edit I only hacve lost alpha installed andI got too drunk

Every time I see that image I think the white part of his camouflage is jizz for a brief second.

So with Coc what mods built around it aren't compatible with one another? I like warfare, but does Doctor X work with it for instance?

It's bird poop

I've been wanting to get back into stalking. I've played and beat the trilogy vanilla, I've also seen you guys mention CoC, what's that? For which game is it?

Very fun freeplay with all the maps. Get the warfare addon, AO3, pick a faction and go operate.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

Wait a second, ALL maps from ALL the games? I can't really see too much info on the page, from what I gathered it is highly modifiable, though.
I'll check it out for sure.

Yes.

All the maps and a couple new ones besides. It's standalone too, you don't need to install it over any of the games. Watch it with the addons, they don't really tell you which conflict or not. The setup I have is warfare, AO3, and dynamic quests.

On the point of Warfare+Dynamic Quests, Warfare has a dummy st_quests_general.xml file that was used as an example template for the makers' other editing, but accidentally got left in. You need to make sure that the Dynamic Quests version overwrites this, either by installing it after Warfare, denying to overwrite it when prompted if installing Warfare second, or by reextracting the single file a second time over the Warfare one if you do. Said file is located in gamedata\configs\text\eng.

Hey man, I'm not sure if this might be a clash with the warfare and dynamic quests mod, but I've noticed that on my starts with any of the more out there factions (Specifically Mercs and Military) not only do I not have any of my fellow faction (including those for the meet X individual) but I also apparently get swarmed in Egg-heads (Still thankfully neutral) or zombies (not so neutral). Any ideas on what's causing that?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be intentional either, as when I checked on a new file when choosing factions the specific faction I'm with doesn't show up (Mercs will be there for everything but not for when you pick Mercs, for instance) so any help on here would be greatly appreciated.

That's very strange, never had that happen. The NPCs take a while to move to their posts after the initial clusterfuck spawn, but I've never had them not appear. Nor have I had them not appear only on the faction I started as.

Those 'meet X' quests you mentioned, do you mean the primary/gold marker ones from DoctorX questlines? That mod is incompatible with both Warfare and Dynamic Quests. It's either Warfare and/or Dynamic Quests, or DoctorX. Can't have both. As for zombie swarms, make sure you didn't tick Survival Mode on any of your starts. That replaces all spawns with zombies which zero in on you at all times.

The fuck is wrong with you Cykas?
I'd post them but I don't have them. Yes my complaint is very related to that so fuck me in the ass yeah?

wew, is that a Rolling Girls image macro?

I'll have to double check the survival mode, but it is in fact the doctor X quest line. Which means I am more than likely fucked as I never backup my game directories prior to installing mods.

That means I'm more than likely reinstalling CoC, then Warfare, then Dynamic quests and not going for DoctorX.

Thanks for the help user. I thought Dynamic quests was the Doctor X mod, but it turns out I'm fuckin' wrong

No problem. I ended up having to do a couple reinstalls for flub-ups too, and one just for a breath of fresh air after Warfare got dull, using DoctorX and just doing stalkan instead of constantly worrying about losing map control. I'll tell you this much, Monolith will be your bane, as they will eat everything north of the Army Warehouses in no time and likely get a hold on Limansk. If you aren't careful, you'll be playing firefighter on incursions into said area for your faction of choice for ages, trying to balance between forcing your faction to expand into the other minors and killing Monolith to maintain total control of the areas they're expanding out from; they won't do it otherwise. Also, the faction AI scouts what it wants to scout and expands there. You might think to preempt the AI by butchering a clean path for it, but they'll ignore it if they haven't chosen it as their expansion direction, so that kind of map clearing is solely defensive if they aren't already getting to work.

Just killed a pseudogiant with a knife, what do I win?

In which game did you do it? I vaguely remember the alt knife attack in SoC doing infinite damage which meant you could kill anything in one hit with it, so that wouldn't be hard.

Call of Chernobyl

Oddly enough on my ecologist playthrough as I was trudging around generally being as neutral as possible and wandering into anomalies for science (and totally not for dosh) I happened to head back to the military base because of easy to secure ammo and for some reason higher upgrades. Much to my surprise, Clear Sky had cleared them out. I think Mercs were pushing into Red Forest while zombies and monolith were struggling in between them.

Warfare definitely has potential (the 3 hours of save scumming and fighting Clear Sky as a horde of military badasses like something out of a good 'Nam movie, chopper overhead and all, is testament to that) but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Hopefully the mod dev keeps improving it, because it's still quite fun.

Actually, were you able to figure if people from your faction respawn? Right now the military in my own mil playthrough is stretched pretty damn thin out in the Great Swamp, so I don't even think we'd be able to clear Cordon out at this point.

If I'm not mistaken, personnel generally respawn from home bases, original or captured, and seemingly only in a totally controlled zone. If a zone is not totally controlled by a faction, but said faction has a foothold, then it will relentlessly spawn units bring them in from outside of the zone until this is rectified. If a zone is totally controlled by a faction, then that zone will scout an adjacent zone and subsequently begin sending forces into it to offensively take it. If a scouted zone is flanked by multiple other friendly controlled zones, then all will send troops into the scouted region from their respective routes. Since almost everyone hates the Military, and the Military starts with piecemeal control of many zones- I'm not certain where their initial home base/s is/are- they usually get torn to shreds by everyone around them. Even the Ecologists might opportunistically snap up checkpoints if they're cleared out but have no stay-on units left behind, just because factions neutral to one another have no compunction about expanding into each other's territory or having theirs expanded into. No diplomacy in the current version.

The key is to figure out where your faction AI is trying to expand, and then murder everything personally. Assuming you don't have multiple half-controlled territories, this is as easy as looking at the map and seeing where the fresh splotch of competing red blotches are in the midst of other blank yet neutral or enemy-filled territories. Otherwise, just kill everyone in whatever zone you can wholly secure and work from there. As a mercenary, the Army Warehouses were my bane through two playthroughs- the first stopped by a reinstall to unbork some things- because Monolith would chew its way into Red Forest and then incessantly attack southward, partly through non-player accessible roads that just plopped them right by the Shock Therapy anomaly, and Duty would send waves of troopers up the road from Rostok. I had to carefully balance butchering Duty members 'til their manpower seemed to flag with rushing up north to kill Monolith invaders until the area was totally controlled, securing scouted areas in the lulls, and eventually closing the southern front entirely. Second playthrough had things well on their way to exterminating Monolith entirely, with them controlling only the Pripyat outskirts and half the NPP, but was stopped by an unavoidable crash on my last save when it was just about over. You can probably manage something similar as the military. Just be prepared to do nothing but combat. No real time for stalking except in passing, hence my swapping to DoctorX so that I could PvE full well knowing which areas'd be safe and which wouldn't. That, and Dynamic Quests kinda sucks, as do the radiant tasks without it.

Yeah Stalking through any anomaly is am afterthought half the time during my Operation Cranky Gator military playthrough, but thankfully laying clear sky fuckers out gave me enough cash to upgrade weapons and get a mid tier military uniform, but that was about it. Probably going to try again but with dynamic quests, even if they do suck, because in the off chance I can get everything to be semi reasonable I might be able to do some things, but I just may make two specific file sets and swap them out whenever I want to try something else.

Again man, thanks for all the info

Okay, apparently something else is fucked up here, because after I redid everything but Doctor X I still end up without any friendly forces. This shit is driving me up a wall

WtP is breddy gud man
Too bad they made Burers OP again by giving them physcic impact blasts that happens if you try to knife it
Also primary attack for the knife is been buffed 10x

That certainly brings new meaning to "You shouldn't have come here".

I've left this piece of shit on for a whole day and it only downloaded a few maps. Is there an alternative mirror or something?

That's really weird, if you're Internet is a pretty solid speed (even my shit tier 800 kbps had this thing downloaded after maybe half an hour or hour of Chinese cartoons) try closing it out and hit update again, it'll check files and with any bit of luck it should say it's all up to date

Warfare and AO are driving me up a fucking wall at the moment. Now I can't even select difficulty without the game crashing. I'm going to Fuck with it a bit more but if I can't get it working I'm going to go full scorched earth and re-download everything, CoP, Coc, all of it. I think it might be me leaving files from when I had deleted the mods and reinstalled, I think I had left plenty of files in there or something. I may try running it one thing at a time until I figure out what's up

Maybe the servers are just really far away. I'm in yurop.

Oh shit, personally I downloaded the thing in parts (the setups 1 through 6), went through the set up, got the base game installed, and then stuck the updater into the same place as Coc, and then used it. That looks more like you're downloading the whole thing, which might be the issue

Make sure its in the CoC folder, extract it to the main directory. I fucked that part up

I guess I'm retarded because I can't find a download in parts like you mentioned. I really need to catch up on sleep.

That's how I have it.

Oh, well fuck.

Show me in one video or WebM why should I play any of the Stalker games.
Hard mode: no memes or funny glitch videos

I wish there was a way to bring back pic related in CoC, where you're fucked against heavy armor unless shooting AP ammo, and if you're wearing an exo than you can laugh as bandits fire what might as well be water at you.

There should be something that is the opposite of DoctorX's Desolation mod, where the zone is actually fucking populated for once outside of a single 2-man patrol in an entire level. Where's the bandits and stalkers going back and forth? Where's Duty and Freedom at eachother's throats?

So I think what I'm going to do is the following
1) Never ever throw standalones into my fucking CoP file
2) Download each thing step by step, and then test the game for breaks So far barebones CoC works, going for the updated 1.32, then Ao, Warfare, with the ao patch, and finally Dynamic quests if that all works out

Here's hoping

I gotta agree with you on "Muh ultra realism" on super heavy armor shouldn't mean anything to even pistol rounds. It's not like there is no such thing as body armor, and considering we have artifacts that can seal wounds over time and keep your body temperate safe and steady under extreme heat, I don't think it'd be that far of a stretch to see government/scientists/ or any of the thousands of faceless corporations and companies that hire out mercs to reverse engineer or flat out incorporate artifacts into body suits , not even speaking about current technology against rounds.

It'd also be nice to see a more heavily populated zone mod, but I think the reason for lack of them is clear sky and it's fighting at almost every point in your exploration that was a turn off for some people I actually enjoyed Clear Sky, wouldn't put it above SoC or CoP but definitely a lot closer than most would put it Even with a lot of the crashes

Delivering - sorry for the delay

T-thanks everyone

I'd like to grab her artifacts, if you know what I mean

Solid work user, bonus points on the short shorts

It's just annoying how firefights turn into 50/50 draws, where in vanilla you could trade shots back and forth for a while. Even in most mods, Exoskeletons were still a pretty useful "fuck shit up" suit.

I just decided to gimp myself instead and just take a shotgun and pistol. However, the racegun-tier pistol that I upgraded with artifact rubles is probably still going to make the game too easy. And if I remove the "realism" mod, the pistol and shotgun are going to be flat out useless since enemies can take 9x19 to the face.

Also, what's annoying is how in the CoP maps enemies have the same boring ass neutrality. I got shot at by a group of Bandits spawning in Jupiter near the science bunker, and the stalker security team just sat there.

Great atmosphere, lighting, sounds and ambient, firefights, difficulty, tension etc.

I imagine her getting shot right through the kidney a few seconds after she tries to act all coy.

Ok Holla Forums, I'm trying to make it to Cordon as Monolith to assassinate some schmuck but it simply doesn't seem possible. As soon as I enter the Wild Zone from the duty base a bloodsucker and two loners spawn behind me and 5 mercs ahead of me. I've managed to deal with the loners and bloodsucker but there's no fucking way I can take out the mercs with just my pistol.

I've already spent enough time playing loner and sunk a good deal into Monolith, which faction should I try next? Is Clear Sky any good in CoC?

I expect her to get shot the moment she come across a stalker with a clear mind, thinking the zone's playing with him.
Zone's the only woman in here

What, you didn't get any guns from the loners? I thought they'd atleast have some sort of rifles.

Not nearly enough ammo to deal with the mercs.

Well you can play the gorilla style, hide behind a tree and wait for them to approach and shank them

Shitall trees there, plus it's CoC so every single enemy is a master marksman. I'll try to lame it out when I feel motivated but it'll be pretty frustrating.

Wait did you have hardcore AI aim on?

Wasn't there a comic about a bloodsucker that was kinda like that?

The only bloodsucker comic i know is the bloodsucker son and human dad ones

Yeah, I figured after playing Loner that I should give it a go.

Well there's your problem, i never clicked that fearing it'll be fucking Misery AI aimbot all over again and i was right, thanks for letting me know i should never click that.

bulge*
This is the face of autism

How do fellow Stalkers party in the zone?

I hope the zone eats your soles you dejinirit.

Убей себя педик

I finally got CoC to run.
Iron man mode made me realize how shit I am at the game.

And just when I get somewhere decently far some documents I gotta pick up for a quest seem to have spawned under the ground at the bar. God damnit.

Anyone got some freshly translated mods that I could play? I'd do it myself, but don't know how.

There's this one.

I think he was talking about the one where a Bloodsucker propositions a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and he stabs her to death.

What mod are you using? I notice that STCOP makes most guns really strong while OWR makes shotguns useless and the mp5 amazing.

Is there a way to turn it off in save files?

It's such bullshit because enemies can shoot through fog before they're even visible and foliage/camouflage does jack fucking shit.

CoC, Warfare, AO3, Dynamic Quests. Might drop dynamic quests as it seems to be fucking with Warfare.

As expected, Duty's cleared out the warehouses (Freedom? What Freedom?) and I joined an advance scouting party all the way through radar and into the Pripyat outskirts. Monolith were out in force and despite taking out a couple of squads, I had to go passive with my squad and run away. Now the rest of Duty is pushing into Radar but the Monolith are coming to meet us.

If you're using CoC the atmosFEAR option will give you control for all areas of the game, along with a convenient "restore my fuck ups to default" if you don't enjoy the fog shooting matches

Probably one of the funniest moments I've had playing STALKER, holy shit.

We bumplimit nao?

I guess the Zone can be okay sometimes.

So guys, out of all the factions in Ray of Hope, how are you going to choose between Monolith, bandits, and mercs?

Factions are all but ecologists, Clear Sky and renegades iirc, with mercs being added later.

I love this mod.

I'm biased towards bandits but Holla Forums would probably gravitate towards what's the least popular.

I'd hazard Monolith being the least popular, since they have the most enemies in all of the games. They have a reputation system which means mercs and bandits can pick their fights and not upset everyone, but all the other faction players are going to shoot at Monolith by default I think since they're always up to no good.

The bandits and mercs will probably also have this problem, but to a lesser extent. I think all the kids and screechers will go bandit because of poor impulse control and cheeki breeki memeing. Mercs will probably attract quite a few players when they're patched in because people will have finished faction stories and quests by that point and want to live up to the mysterious badass role.

Holla Forums as Monolith would be pretty funny overall. Organized trolling of kuffar, voice comm banter and hivemind bankrolling of strategically questionable decisions make them a pretty good faction choice for a bunch of trolls. If Holla Forums doesn't go ahead with playing it though I'll probably go Loner>Merc.

Hopefully they have a nice big official EN server for us to swamp, I've heard the number 300 thrown around every now and then but I'm not going to take that seriously until after a stress test.

If every faction has some sort of overarching goal I figure a lot would try to flock to the NPP. It'd be cool if the monolith faction would function like it would in SoC, trying to keep anyone from getting in.

I think Monolith will definitely end up doing something like that, even by the end of CoP they pretty much have full control of Pripyat aside from a few mercenaries and bandits knocking around. All the loners will definitely want to get into the CNPP and have to try and cut their way through Monolith regardless of objective and I think Monolith players will naturally want to thwart them.

Although I'm definitely leaning towards Holla Forums being Monolith, I hope that the mercs and military get helicopters to drop them into places. That would make a pretty good plot device for all factions, and it would stop the mercs being shit as the map is SoC+CS+CoP combined and it would be a joke travelling that far as an unpopular faction.