Fiddly mechanics in games

I remember in Half-Life 2 you could throw a bucket of paint everywhere to cover walls in white splatters.

In BloodRayne, you could walk through a puddle of blood and leave long ass trails of bloody footprints, step in it again, and cover the room in red.

In Hearthstone, you can fuck with the board, poke at props and they're all animated with cozy sounds yes i know im not allowed to enjoy it because normalfaggame its just an example

In CS:GO you can flip your weapon around to get a better look at it, and spam that animation with reloading and shooting its just an example cmon fuck

In Fable you can kick chickens

in Morrowind you can keep asking Sleepers about Dagoth Ur until they get triggered and attack you

What other games let you fuck around Holla Forums?

In the Witcher 3 there's a robbery mission where during the planning cutscene they say you need to wear masks. I wore pic related all game, and in that scene, voice acted, the characters commented on the fact that I was already wearing a mask, and wondered aloud why.

In perfect dark, you can find a piece of cheese in every level.

In quake, you can activate a trap in dm2 that opens a pit of lava in the main room of the map.

Not sure what else though.

just remembered that in Uncharted 4 you could pretend you're playing a videogame if you tried hard enough

You could roleplay in vanilla/bc wow.

Only if you're non-dunmer. If you're dunmer, their disposition won't drop

user stop it I like pretending that they're feeling oppressed and interrogated about their peaceful religion

I guess this is the whole concept of GTA and goat simulator, just having a playground where you can fuck with everything.

No, no no no no no no no no

Fiddling with shit is there to improve immersion and allow you to feel like there's quirks and charm to the game world. A little seasoning on a dish is not the same as a soup bowl full of salt and pepper.

in dragon's dogma there's this sack that hangs from the ceiling that you can grab onto and swing around on

Will Holla Forums ever stop talking about games they never played? Maybe some day

It's literally 80% cutscenes

No, but i know you haven't played it now so i can ignore everything you say

Thank you for Correcting The Record. $0.02 has been deposited into your account.

I wish i got paid to correct idiots on the internet

IRL theres a fiddly thing you can do where I can fucking kill myself

Not sure if this fits what you have in mind but in Halo CE if you're careful you can knock the arms off flood and have them follow you around, but they'll be harmless pets.

That fits the description pretty well. "Toying" with the game is what I had in mind, whether it's intentional or not doesn't really matter.

What's the second level? If you load marines in a Warthog and drop them off that huge fucking cliff early on, they'll change their voice accent.

Speaking of Morrowind, you can do some silly things if you're creative.

The Illusion school is pretty gamebreaking, since you can prevent things from attacking, or just paralyze them on hit.
Casting Levitation on someone is better than Feather/Burden, since Levitate sets their speed to the magnitude; set it to power 1, and they'll be so slow walking towards you

One thing I liked to do was cast 1 duration 100 magnitude Jump while reading a Scroll of Icarian Flight. You end up with effective 100,000 Acrobatics and it took me over 20 minutes of soaring straight up before I got bored and teleported to a safe place.

In ground zeroes you can rescue paz

In hl2 when you throw an explosive barrel into the air with gravity gun and the grab it, it will still explode even when you out it gently on the ground.

I appreciate the little things in MGS games for that, like in MGS3 how you can kill an enemy in the mountain area, wait for a vulture to fly down and start eating the corpse, kill the vulture, eat the vulture meat, then later in The Sorrow boss fight the ghost of that enemy you killed will comment that you ate him. Or you can leave off food and enemies will pick it up and get sick after eating it. You can kill The End before his boss fight by shooting him as he's leaving just after that cutscene by the swamp. Or in MGS2 how you can slip in the bird shit and if you go first person and stare at the seagulls long enough you'll get shat on, or in the tanker chapter how you can play around with the projectors during the speech, or when you shoot a barrel of liquid it will drain to the point it was shot so shooting above that doesn't play the draining animation but shooting below will.

For an actual thing

That's more of a frustrating bug than a fiddly quirk.

Isn't this just applied TECHNOLOGY? Mega Man Legends has a ton.

In 1, there are sometimes cans lying around. If you kick it so that it flies into a garbage can, you'll spontaneously get money for it. It can be kicked behind the counter of a bakery for an even bigger prize.

In 2, there's a brief segment where you have to follow the girl who does your mission support character (pic related.) If you de-equip your special weapon so you only have your regular arm (used for grabbing things), and try to use it on her, she'll slap you and yell at you to stop. Despite you being in full armor, this does enough damage to kill you if you're at low health.

In 1, you can find a stray cat and bring it back to your airship, and from then on, it will live in your living room. After a while, you'll find that another cat has appeared, and every time you come back after that, there will be one more cat, until your airship is completely filled with them.

In 2, there's a basketball-sized rubber ducky lying around the main town which has friction physics that are unique from everything else in the game. You can jump on it and ride it around.

In both games, you can walk in on your support while she's in her room changing, or in the bathroom. Afterwards, a victory jingle plays, and Mega Man does a fist pump. You can read about it in her diary later. In fact, you can read her entire diary. She loves you.

if only mega man legends had GOOD CAMERA CONTROLS and wasnt A SLOW PIECE OFS HIT

2's camera controls were drastically better, and the gameplay was much faster as a result. 1's were garbage, I'll give you that. If you haven't played 2 yet, you should give it a shot.

Fuck, you reminded me I have to finish that game.

You don't get money randomly it's a fixed 1000z award when you kick it behind the bakery.

Didn't know about the cats though.

You should, it's good.

I didn't say randomly, I said spontaneously, as in, from no discernible source. You do get a message about it, though.

Pullups in MGS2, blew my mind when I discovered it.

Shooting enough birds to get a call from everyone saying how sick you are and also standing under that pissing soldier and calling Rose.

Fuck I'm gonna go play it now.

Remember that there might still be undiscovered technology left in that game. The pans in the kitchen of the tanker each play a musical note if you shoot them, so you can play songs. Apparently, nobody discovered this for more than ten years, until someone mentioned it in an interview. I wonder what else is lurking.