AWESOME GAME MUSIC THREAD

Starting with the legendary "Focus" from Super Hexagon.

kinda boring techno shit op, doesn't even sound like video game music.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles has some brilliant stuff.

Hopefully the new Sonic 2D game can capture the old music's glory.

was the YM2612 the greatest sound chip of all time? Maybe, but it is undoubtedly the best 16-bit one.

You motherfucker.

An all time classic from Super Mario World — "Athletic"

Although with the garbage nintendo drivers disregarded, even the Super Nintendo's shoddy sound chip could produce greatness. That calls for a composer who truly cares about his craft.

What's the matter?

I used to be a big fan of Siiva, but wading through the mediocre rips to get at the good stuff got tiring after a while. I just want comedy mashups to be a thing, but most of them rely on memes and songs that sound great on any key rather then using songs that have common ground from entirely different genres and styles that happen to use the same chord progression. This is just like shrekcore all over again, just less smash mouth and more gangnam style

i always loved how reminiscent this song is of some silent comedy m-

Yeah, I do wish they focus more on actual artistic quality instead of churning out quantity.

It's only going to hurt them in the long run. If i had to wait two years for an album the length and quality of Mouth Silence, i'd love it. A Bad rip is bad forever, a late rip is only late once.

speaking of which, i remember there was a mashup with the first level of streets of rage 2 and some britney spears song. but i can not find it anymore. it wasnt meant as a joke, apparent these songs were quite similar

That one's a bit too lazy surely. One of the source material is literally a single tonic held, repeated, for the whole verse.

So why is literally nobody making anything better?

Because you need an actual classical music education to do proper counterpoint.

I'm not asking for proper counterpoint. I just want pop songs sung over each other when they have similar chords

Codemonkey, i have a video, don't drop it for no reason

play eastern coast by jeff rosenstock and we didn't start the fire at the same time and also this has nothing to do with video games.

Fine, you fun nazi. One video game rip coming up.

I really liked the song difference between flat zone and 2. Flat zone was waaay to quiet and sterile for a game&watch themed track, and it's nice to see those elements being reused into something a little bit more dancable for the remake. That was one thing brawl got right, despite everything else.

Does anyone know how to do that no water reflections beta thing for this game if you have pirated it?
I love it when games are incredibly simple but allow you to do lots of shit with what little you have available to you