New Vita Thread

"Child Bearing Hips" Edition

3.61 IS OUT NOW, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR VITA BEYOND WHATEVER IT IS ON NOW

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=14537
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLGAMES|game_type~ps_vita_games|name~asc
thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/guide-switch-psn-accounts-on-vita.247/
archive.is/IfIxq
amazon.com/Butterfox-Double-Compartment-Carry-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B007GYBTGW/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521479&sr=8-1&keywords=psvita case&refinements=p_89:Butterfox
amazon.com/Nyko-Game-Case-Vita-Sony-PS/dp/B007AJZ5PY/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521552&sr=8-1&keywords=nyko game case for psvita
amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Protective-Film-Two-Pack/dp/B006PP404Q/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521742&sr=8-1&keywords=psvita screen protector
agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=srwalpha
vitahacks.ml/2016/08/09/how-to-install-homebrew-to-a-game-card/
gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita
classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?ncdctx=%2fQNURiNWpMk8rqU6fwTbELtyAe9eJgE67d2KOy80VdVjFYIYgMNoI+41SB1+DhoN
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
vanillaware.co.jp/company.htm
hackinformer.com/2016/08/08/psvita-fw-update-3-61-is-out-and-what-does-it-do-henkaku/
hackinformer.com/2016/08/10/henkaku-offline-installer-released/
blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/
hackinformer.com/psvita-firmware-files/
zerobin.net/?50299df9178c4210
yifan.lu/
webmup.com/108d4/
webmup.com/108d4/vid.webm
codestation.github.io/qcma
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=40302
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Wilbell

Question: My Vita's still on whatever it's been on (I have't updated in a good while), but I haven't put henkaku or whatever it is on it yet. Is there any risk of it bricking, and is not updating liable to lock me out of future physical releases of various games?

OK, be honest with me Holla Forums.

I live in Australia. What are my chances of actually having a decent (and legit) Vita library? What genres am I going to be supplied with? Is it purely a JRPG and weeb shit machine?

later games need latest firmware… you can check here for a list wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=14537

make an US psn account and check the library

Well, I'm not sure what sort of prices you'd be looking at, and I know at least some games are being barred from getting physical releases because your ratings board apparently refuses to actually bother with them (MeiQ for example, I think).

As for the library itself, it does lend itself better to fans of niche games, be they official releases or indie stuff. I mean, there's some worthwhile games with more mainstream appeal than others, but where it flourishes is with fans of niche stuff, be it what you might call "weeb" or otherwise. If you prefer much more mainstream stuff, you might want to look elsewhere. As said though, check the library out. You don't even need to make a US PSN account (since you don't have the system yet, I assume), just go check the NA PSN's website.store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLGAMES|game_type~ps_vita_games|name~asc

Also, the reason for mentioning the US PSN in particular is that the North American store tends to have stuff the PAL one doesn't.

Main issue with the Vita is memory card prices and various games lacking in physical releases (some of which can be multiple gigabytes in filesize) if you ask me.

That seems to mainly list already existing western releases. What about upcoming ones? Would something like Valkyrie Drive use the same required firmware as it saw for its earlier release in Japan, or do they have a tendency to update the lockout for western releases?

Vita can't have a multiple account like PS4. Best bet is to get vita tv for US PSN

check your firmware version:

I haven't heard anything yet about Henkaku bricking at all.

It's on 3.60.

yeah, assume always.. the newer the game, the latest firmware is needed to run it.

yep. I got a PSTV so I can use another account on it.

Is there a chance in the future that Henkaku can fake having up to date OFW as part of it? I mean, I assume Sony wouldn't be dumb enough to keep letting that go on, but people do have a tendency to find ways to keep going and getting around barriers eventually.

is there a chance in the future? yeah… not impossible but in a distant future. Try to investigate the firmware needed for the original(before localized) game.

obligatory, meant to do this earlier
Sorcery Saga and MHG

A PSP to put all my ISOs on, MeiQ's LE, and UPPERS in English

School book and materials. Gonna snag the MeiQ LE tomorrow morning first thing though, or even tonight, just depending on when pre-orders open.

> having fun?
I'm giddy with anticipation for what good stuff people will be able to do with Henkaku

Great stuff. You can just download henkaku through your Vita's browser via henkaku.xyz. All there really is right now is SNES/GBA/Genesis emulation. Lots of stuff is up in the air still right now.

what a waste of trips

Sony KYS

Just get yourself QCMA.

or OpenCMA

This pic bothers me. Why isn't she mirin. She should be mirin.

Those don't even work unless you activate your Vita, which you need a PS3/4 for to do without updating. Don't have those and you're fucked.
Unless maybe I'm missed something drastic through my frantic 24 hours of searching for answers before returning my Vita. They just didn't fucking work.

She's a super lesbian

Did you install the regular CMA before trying QCMA?

Well, it's not like they're real expensive now, and PSP memory is a lot cheaper than Vita memory last I looked.

Glad I'm done with that shit (lab fees as well). Was always nice when some professors I had would acknowledge that textbook prices are bullshit and just give us all a free PDF of it instead.

Yeah but she is standing in the center of a buffet of manliness, and it is all you can eat.

No one is that gay.

Here's information for buying a new Vita. Thanks to the user that originally posted this.

The basics are thus.

If yes, go for the 1001 models and earlier. These come with a proprietary charger port & OLED screen that may or may not be your fancy I don't know because my eyes are shit so it's not like I can appreciate in the first place. These models are also wifi & 3G, depending on which type you get. Be sure to ask. The 1001 models are thicker, weigh a little more, and have silver outlines on most of the body.

If no, go for the slims (2001 & later). These are micro usb chargeable, all black, LCD screen that allegedly gives a yellow ting but again—eyesight is shit so I don't personally care. These are wifi only and the battery life is supposed to be improved from the earlier versions. They're also lightweight as hell and are entirely black w/o custom skin.

At the MINIMUM, get a 16gb card. Cards are expensive, you don't have a choice. Sony made proprietary bullshit and reaps the windfall from that fact. 16gb saves you later on impulse buying from sales. The thing you want to ask yourself is this:

If Yes - spend the extra $100 and get a 64gb card (cheaper if you happen across a nignog deal on craigslist)

If No, stick with the 16 and upgrade later only if absolutely necessary. In the case of running a second or third account, you WILL need a second (or third) memory card)

Not completely. Sony fucked customers. Your accounts are tied to your memory cards. If you're only running one account, then this means all of dick to you and you can ignore. If you plan on partaking of DLC or digital games from a different region store (EU, HK, JPN), then what you'll need is an additional memory card specifically for that region & account. Instructions on how to switch accounts on your Vita without fucking up trophies or locking permissions on your account (thus having to go through Sony CS helpdesk) are here:

thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/guide-switch-psn-accounts-on-vita.247/

archive.is/IfIxq

If you're buying PSX games, you'll want the Controller port option thingy that gives you access to the L2 and R2 buttons. iirc Play-Asia sells them.

Hunt for a good case. Most recommends I've seen are for the following case and game case set here:

amazon.com/Butterfox-Double-Compartment-Carry-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B007GYBTGW/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521479&sr=8-1&keywords=psvita case&refinements=p_89:Butterfox

With cartridge/memory card cases here:

amazon.com/Nyko-Game-Case-Vita-Sony-PS/dp/B007AJZ5PY/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521552&sr=8-1&keywords=nyko game case for psvita

I can vouch for the Nykos. The carts are snug in their slots and don't jumble when I move about, and it's good for when you want to carry four games or so on you (it holds up to 8 with two slots for four memory cards). It's also a small thing that, if you have a carry case with a single net (a lot of cases like to seam them in the middle), you can toss 2 Nykos in with no fitting issues and be just fine.

Absolute must. Sony-branded ones are actually the best. No stick, no blur from heavy usage. Had mine on for almost a year now and screen is still clear as day, and I use my Vita heavily.

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Protective-Film-Two-Pack/dp/B006PP404Q/ref=sr_1_1/159-6854643-1894821?ie=UTF8&qid=1470521742&sr=8-1&keywords=psvita screen protector

You can probably pick these up much cheaper at Wal-Mart or Target or someshit. They're almost always on clearance because lol who carries Vita products anymore.

Pick one up while they're in the $40 range. They basically do everything your Vita does except for the camera function and the touch screen function. The downscale is just that: touchscreen. There are games that rely heavy on this function that will not play well on a PSTV, and there are a healthy amount of titles that the PSTV will refuse to play. But if you want a 720 experience while at home, it's a good investment.

This one I'm not sure on. AmiAmi might have answers, or other people in the thread. This is the majority of what I know.

Follow instructions below to make your own cool shit, use the browser to save, set it in the settings tab, enjoy.

Not the guy you quoted, but QCMA still had my Vita asking to update before connecting to my PC via USB. Is there a way to bypass that?

Again, did you install the regular CMA before installing QCMA?

Nice! I'll put this into a pastebin and link it in the next thread's OP.

yeah. That's what I did anyway, worked fine for me.

Doesn't this just leave an obnoxious blank space?

Actually I had to uninstall both CMA and QCMA, then delete a .dll from CMA and then delete the CMA's registry entries and then install QCMA. Took me almost a week trying to find the solution.

HyperDimensional Neptunia Rebirth
Pretty fun, but bullshit how you can make it to the final boss pretty easily by your mid-50 lvl range, and then have to go and fuck off to gain another 20~30 lvls or grind out decent gear just to beat it.

Ass(assin's) Bleed III: Dindu Edition
Spoiler Alert: Haven't played enough to tell if it sucks or not, but I'm leaning towards "it's shit" from what I've seen so far

PPSSPP homebrew, if for nothing else than the upscaled resolution and texture smoothing, as well as being able to use DLC content without the potential for being crapped on with region/account locking bullshit.

Not sure. Kinda saving for a PS4, but also wanting to wait to see what Sony has to say about the 4.5/Neo before committing. I also could use a CPU/Mobo upgrade for my PC. I could have just gotten a PS4 already and then just upgraded to the Neo later, but then I came to my senses and decided to just buy a giant horse dildo from Bad Dragon.

If I get anything for the PSVita, it'll probably Digital Monster Dicks or my own copy of Neptunia.

No, I have not. Was I supposed to?

no because this

Oh wow. All I did was install CMA then QCMA. I wonder why it flubbed on you

Dragon's Crown, physical copy. The sale reminded me that I wanted to buy it, and the physical copy (ie. the copy that doesn't take up card space and that I can hold in my hands) was only $5 more.
I want Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom to go on sale or get a price cut. I'd like to play them, but I don't really want to shell out 40 burger bucks for them.
I also want MHFU on the vita, but I'm waiting to see if Henkaku enables psp piracy. Don't really want to shell out $20 for a game I can emulate.
OH YEAH ANOTHER THING, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE KILLZONE: LIBERATION CHAPTER 5 DLC ON THE VITA, DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S THROUGH HENKAKU OR THROUGH THE STORE, HOW MANY FUCKING YEARS HAS IT BEEN, WE STILL CAN'T EMULATE IT! SORRY IF I SOUND BUTTBLASTED, I'M JUST TIRED OF WAITING FOR GUERILLA TO GET OFF ITS SORRY ASS AND STOP MAKING A STRONK WOMYN WITCHER CLONE SO THAT IT CAN COMPLETE THE ONLY GOOD GAME THAT THEY HAVE EVER FUCKING MADE IN THEIR MISERABLE EXISTANCE
Nothing. Not really looking forward to any new releases (at least those that I am aware of) except the AoT game.

Also, is Gundam: Extreme VS-force any good?

Is Vita-tan a slut? And I mean not just on the inside.

Playan Patapon 3 since it came with this month's PS+ lineup. It's surprisingly not shit and for once I'm satisfied with what they put out for the Vita, even if it's not actually a Vita game.

Still…is it just me, or is the game pretty fucking hard? It's my first Patapon game, and although I've got the rhythm based stuff pretty good, I feel like I'm not making any sort of progress a little into the snow terrain. Every mission either ends in defeat or just barely a success with several patapon killed.

I'm actually enjoying Demon Gaze much more than I thought I would.
Sure there's lewd in which is always a bonus and I can build my harem team of waifus, but it's also just a very competently made video game. It's got me interested in the dungeon crawler genre which I previously had no desire to touch.
What are the best dungeon crawlers on Vita, and also just in general? I'm looking with retroactive interest at games like Legend of Grimrock.

Vita is import friendly. No region locking outside of the PSN store.

Question. Is a Vita worth trading a 3DS and shit in over? Anything really good on it to make it worthwhile? Any new memory solutions yet like the PSP?

It's not like the Saturn for videogame costs yet, is it?

Just buy it, you cheap bastard. No, there is not a memory card alternative, and games aren't hard to find, unless you're in Australia or some shit.

If you have a n3DS, I'd suggest just owning both, but if otherwise if you have the original, I'd trade it.

There has to be a website that sells vita-tan rear panel pantsu somewhere, right?

If we did update, are we just fucked forever?

It's actually the easiest Patapon game imho. In the original once you get over the primer missions it fucks you in the ass

Hard

And with no lube

DT2
Don't support NISA

Not sure how useful it is (given you can't really do hyperlinks in images) but here's a screencap.

Overall, no, but for some games with limited physical releases, they're getting up there. Unlike the Saturn though, there's the option for digital PSN purchases (for most games anyhow; some like Shinobido 2 have since been removed, for whatever reason), so I kind of doubt anything's going to see PDS tier prices.

Oh, well that's comforting. I was actually planning on buying the other two on PSN since I liked 3 so much, in spite of feeling like it's a big ass slog.

I don't remember any difficult bits (again, long time since I played and I had played Patapon 2 prior), but if you find a mission particularly difficult you should go back and replay a previous one to get some loot and level up. Tondenga have good defense and great offense, and was notorious in online mode for being able to get max damage 99% of hits (effectively breaking vs mode).
Like says it is relatively easy compared to the others, just keep hitting perfect beats (this is easy since they made the perfect note window wider in 3).

Also,
DON'T PLAY ONLINE UNTIL YOU ARE AT A HIGHER LEVEL!
If you play online, there is a chance that you will lobby with someone that is using a hacked save file. If your game detects that there is someone using a hacked save file in multiplayer (even if it is not yours) then it will cap all rare loot drops to your current level (I don't remember if it's with all loot, or just rares).
I don't know if they fixed this (played it several years ago), but it messed up my game fairly early on and now I spread the word about it.

Yeah, been doing that but doing it on anything other than the field of angry giants feels like a gamble :/

I suppose I'll give this a try, since I haven't tried using Tondenga for my uberhero yet.

Had some trouble with Vita update blocker/Charles proxy. Fixed it by switching PCs, and it's working perfectly now.

Any of you niggas who need yo download from the PSN should do so quickly. This won't last forever.

Get some custom-made
and then take pictures of your vita being cradled by them

duly noted, thanks for the info user.

Holy shit those prices. So it's pretty much buy on release/preorder or get fucked if you want physical? Or would it just be cheaper to import at that point?

only for Limited physical… or you can buy the japanese version…

Oh I didn't see that. Good thing I'm taking Japanese at my college because I got fucked over for my classes

I just Upgrayedd'd my Vita to 3.61

you forgot this

I finished Patapon 2 without too much issue (the post endgame content is hard as fuck, good luck grinding for your wizards), but I kept getting stuck on Patapon 3 back when I had my PSP

Now that I have it on my Vita, I'll give it a go again. It looks gorgeous on the Vita's screen.

I'm the one that bullies

Again, it's only a big issue in games that have limited physical run releases. In Ar Nosurge Plus' case, TK wanted it to mainly be digital only in the west like their other western releases of Gust's vita games, but decided to trial a limited physical with distribution through NISA's (who thankfully are no longer touching the script or code for Gust's stuff, who now have TK as publisher and Actill as translator) web store.

In most cases, you should be fine trying to find general physical copies online (in-store might be a bit hard; Gamestop's actually better than most about stocking stuff for it that isn't just western trash where I live, but it's still only a shelf and a half or so). It's the ones with outright limited physical prints (TK also did so for Escha and Logy Plus; LRG also does limited physical prints of indie stuff, but want to break into doing so for bigger budget games as well in the future), or that you can see not selling all that well that might be liable to shoot up in price.

And again, the Vita, unlike the Saturn, has the benefit of a digital storefront as well. While I certainly prefer physical copies where possible, for some people it's likely a lot better on their wallet to just wait for something like ANS+ to get a temporary sale for $20 than shell out nearly $200 for a physical copy from a scalper. Fuck, I saw a copy locally for $90 which is "cheap" for the game compared to normal these days.

Nice trips you fucking nerd

Man, this sucks.

I have to choose between a bunch of shitty emulators but the possibility of some really cool stuff happening on 3.60 but not knowing when, if ever, anything cool is going to happen

or the ability to download new games and stuff with 3.61

Basically either PSP iso loading or Vita piracy or fullblown CFW for the Vita is going to happen two days after I update to 3.61 because that is just my goddamn luck

Get another Vita, or just a Vita TV and keep that one updated (or viceversa)
Same account on both devices. You use the updated one to get all your digital shit, and transfer it back via qCMA.

You can even undub a game on the 3.60 vita, qCMA the data to the PC and from there to the 3.61 updated Vita/PSTV and it will work - undub included.

Can you use the same memory card in two different Vitas if they're both activated under the same account?

Same account on both systems = OK. Just make sure to switch off the Vitas when switching.

You'll have a problem, though - the cards write the last used version when you insert them on a system, so when you put your now 3.61 card in a 3.60 console, it won't let you use it without updating. If you could run MolecularShell on it regardless, you might be able to modify that part, but I wouldn't risk it.
Better have one card for each and qCMA things around. That's how I do it right now.

Is Phantasy Star Online 2 still region blocked?

You can transfer games to a Vita on old firmware with no issues provided you own a PS3. (I think PS4 works as well, but I don't own one so I can't confirm)
I did it for ages, but finally updated to 3.60 because henkaku provides more access compared to rejuvenate. We just need some time for devs to make some magic happen.
I find it impossible to believe that you need to update to 3.61 immediately because there's a game you have to have right now.
Worst case scenario, you wait a week or two, nothing happens, and you can still update and buy your game off the Playstation Store. Hell, you might even be able to access it on 3.60 if somebody can work out a reliable firmware spoof.

Cool, thanks for the info.

On a side note it's nice to find a Vita thread that isn't filled with weeb faggotry like the ones on 2x2chan

Do you even read this thread?

No. But why would you play it on your vita? You can't English patch it yet and it takes up 8+ GBs too.

I have a bunch of memory cards, I linux, I don't need engrish to understand PSO, I like handhelds.

I know the PC version was region blocked for a long time, I didn't know whether the Vita version was or wasn't.

Why would you play it in English?

Henkaku is pretty great. PSP exploit soon? I need to finish Alpha Gaiden someday. Vita piracy would be neat too.

You and me both.

Maybe Alpha will reach 70% this year.

:^)

Now we're talking.

Now I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Super Robot Wars?

JUST DO IT ALREADY IFFY SO I CAN GO TO BED

Yeah. Alphas been stuck at like, 68% for years. Aeon Genesis are a bunch of hacks.

I'm not sure I understand. Stuck in what? Are you trying to grab it off an unseeded torrent or something? If you need I'm going down to the retro game town this weekend, I can pick up a copy of Alpha 1 and rip it for you.

Nah, i'm just bitching about translators: agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=srwalpha

I can't read moon too well anyway, thanks though. SRW W was probably the most I can handle by guesswork alone.

Ah, translations, fair enough, didn't know there even were any. I do recommend getting on learning Japanese as soon as you can though, the majority of the series is going to never get a translation of any kind, reliable or otherwise.

I want to cum inside vita-tan.

I keep meaning to, but every time I start making headway I get sidetracked. Personal problem of mine, I suppose, just gotta buckle down and do it.

Plus that image reminded me how I just discovered I can fap longer by gripping from the base. Doesn't feel as good, but I get to get off to more pics and doujins in my stash. Why am I still finding out new things about my cock when I'm in my 20s?

Just wait until you learn about retrograde ejaculation.

All the joy, none of the cleanup.

I mean it destroys your bladder but whatever.

Starting out is the hardest part, luckily I had high school/college classes that forced me to master the basics, and from there I just ended up learning by banging headfirst into vidya/anime/manga.

I'm jealous, I only have another couple months before I'm properly an old man.At least I'll have magical powers to keep me company.

Thank you wizard-sensei. Without the jealousy of 30 year olds my youth would almost be meaningless.

Just remember child to explore your masturbation in many ways, and to delve into fetishes that will prevent you from ever being able to even think you'll be sexually satisfied by a 3DPD

The issue with Aeon Genesis is that they've picked up like 30 or so "active" projects, and then only focus on a few at a time, effectively locking the rest of them down as being dormant for years. And while they used to be half decent about keeping a running news feed with progress reports every so often up through last year, they haven't posted anything for a year or so now.

Dynamic-Designs has been more active than them lately, albeit with surprise releases and collaborations rather than some of the RPGs they've been working on.

It's deciding. 64GB still biggest memory card?

N3DS. It's still moderately tempting through. Vita does seem more fun than the 3DS.

Well that's not that bad then.

Looks like I'm fairly close to finishing Ys VIII. I might even be able to go for 100% my first playthrough, which will only leave a Nightmare run for NG+ to (hopefully) get every trophy.

Yeah. Big thing I suppose is that if a game looks like something you'd like, the company translating it seems okay, and either it's either confirmed to be be getting a limited physical release or you anticipate it selling poorly, it's probably best to put an order in while it's still being made and prices potentially more reasonable than otherwise (ANS+ there was $55 at release, with the extra $15 covering the other goodies it came with; same scenario for Escha & Logy Plus).

Or just skip the middle man entirely

Come on, reddit, don't be so casual.

How long have you been playing it so far? Curious as to how many hours it is.

Not everyone knows moon. Still a good idea to keep tabs on what sort of reputation company/team has. Part of why I'm a bit on the fence about Exist Archive. On one hand, Aksys can do a pretty decent job when they want (Muramasa Rebirth seemed pretty good), but on the other, there's cases where they tend to fuck around.

Someone a few threads ago that got an early copy was pointing out stuff they found that seemed really out of place with the translation. Not sure if that might have put a damper on people wanting to pick it up or discuss it.

I've put in about 51 hours. I've got, Iunno, another 4 hours if I want to get 100%?

Keep in mind I tend to play games pretty fast. I've seen people talk about spending 60+ hours on it.

Any updates with Henkaku or CFW related stuff?

I think i fucked up. A long time ago i was trying to do an hack with emails (don't remember which one but it didn't required a game) and everything seemed to be fine but after a certain point something goes wrong.

I try to connect to the internet, nothing. It keeps giving me error no matter what i do.
Is there a way to revert everything back? now that we have henkaku i really want to try it and i don't know if i can do it like this

Haven't played it yet, just finished Omega Labyrinth recently so my roguelike hunger is temporarily sated.

No time like the present to get started.

Which Vita is best to get? 2000 or 1000?
Do you need a cover for it?

I just wish they'd finish a few of their older ones sometime. Ghideon doesn't even seem to post anything about it on Twitter either, so they might just be dead forever.

Get a 1000 for the gorgeous OLED screen

2000s have better battery life and are much easier to find new though

Wow, admittedly my experiences with the series is still somewhat limited (Ys I and II DS), but I'd had the impression they weren't that long of games. Or is it mainly the recent ones like Ys VII that have been longer than prior?

I've got a 2000 and it's pretty nice in my experiences.

The big difference though is screen type and battery life. The 1000 models use an OLED screen, which makes things look really nice and vibrant while the 2000 uses an LCD one, and has a slightly yellow tint in comparison. However, OLED screens aren't exactly meant to last that long (hence why they're used for stuff that people tend to replace frequently and don't need a real long life for anyhow, like smartphones), and the difference between the two is most noticeable if you have both right in front of you, or are really used to the 1000's screen already (there's a comparison image around with both models running Ragnarok Odyssey Ace). The 2000 also apparently has about an hour of extra battery, but I suppose if you're not planning on taking it anywhere, that might not be a big issue.

You mean a case? You can if you want I suppose, but I'm not really well versed in it as I haven't picked a case up for mine myself. I've had my eye on the Butterfox one, as it seemed to look pretty decent. Just generally prefer to drop money on games rather than accessories (at least my DS Lite's mesh and fabric case came with the system when I bought it, as the prior owner had traded them in as a set).

I've heard that if you ask him for updates on twitter he'll instantly block you. Real question is whatever happened to their efforts on SMT if and Romancing SaGa 2, as both were the priority projects there. Wouldn't shock me if they're dropping RS2 since Square's bringing the mobile remake over, as some groups do so out of respect for publisher's decision.

The original Ys games were PC-88 titles, and in fact Ys 1 and 2 were originally planned to be one game but got too big and had to be split into two, hence why pretty much every rerelease pairs them up.

Yeah, I've known that for almost every version they're been bundled. I just thought that the rest might be 10-20 hour affairs as well.

I suppose I ought to give Ys I and II a go in their PSP incarnation sometime too.

Ys VIII is the longest game in the series, yeah. Most of the other games are easily beat in 20 hours or less.

He's got it in his twitter tag "asking for updates will get you blocked". I can understand being a little irritated by people constantly hounding you for updates, but then the last update was three years ago, people get a little curious.

Yeah, I'd think at this point he could relent on it and at least post something that way if he's not going to be bothering with updating his actual website at this point.

Any game with a moderately strange translation is going to get panned. People are borderline autistic about that shit.

The 2000 is better in every way except for (arguably) screen quality. You don't NEED a cover, but you can buy one. There's a buyer's guide of some sort posted in the thread. It's too lengthy, but it should cover the bases.

[…]If you want to use Henkaku*

This isn't the 3DS homebrew general.

This thread is full of weebs, but not faggot weebs like cuckchan. :^)

It's the shame shit in smaller numbers.

I'm already well past this section in Ys VIII, but fuck in retrospect it's hitting me pretty hard.

>Hydra: Everyone is already dead. You're the only one left; there is no saving anyone from the Lacrimosa. Join us as the representative of your era.
>Dana: I will save them.
>Hydra: Who?
>Dana: "That" time; Adol's era that I have foreseen, that will also be threatened by the Lacrimosa.

And then pic related.

Did anyone else order the Vita Gal Gun version in the usa? My order still says processing and it is now been 24 hours since I sent a support ticket to them. I'm actually really worried my game is never going to show up.

And then I really wont have an interest in buying the Valkyrie Drive LE from them. I absolutely loathe when a company messes up preorders. Like that is the entire point of me reserving it. If they cant do that right they arent worth supporting in my book.

yes Im real pissed as Ive had now multiple times when I preorder something and the store royally botches it up and I dont get my game

I preordered it and it got here when it said it would, on the 2nd. Who did you put in your order through, user? It might not be the game company's fault, it could be the delivery party.

She's invoking her Persona? :^)

I ordered it on Amazon, and had no issues, it arrived on the day it was supposed to release. I take it you're ordering from RiceDigital?

Yeah, it was the LE from Rice Digital. It was actually like 20 minutes later I got a tracking email about it, so hopefully now I am all set.

And also, MeiQ LE is now up on Iffys store if anyone else is still looking to get it.

snagged it as soon as the clock hit noon. Now just gotta wait a month and for however long Free Shipping takes

I had just gotten mine. I havent seen anything disappear off of Iffys store that quickly. Trillion lasted pretty much till it had been released. And even the Neptunia Blanc vs Zombies lasted probably a few weeks…I think.

Always good to get it in early though just to be safe.

The lack of vita-tan lewds upsets me. And the only artist who regularly draws her pairs her up with some furry beast or gives her a dick.
I just want a shy girl with wide hips wearing cute panties goddamnit.

Yeah, I always jump on it as soon as possible in case it DOES run out quick, for whatever reason. Fun fact: Trillion's LE is worth about $100 now, as far as scalpers are concerned. That one dude selling for $62 though

Say who what now? I've only seen one or two futa Vita-tans, and that one male Vita-tan that got posted earlier. What artist are you talking about? Also, I asked the drawfags to draw Vita-tan wearing the Mr. Happiness panties from GalGun DP. A drawfag said it would be a few days before he had it done, but some other drawfags jumped in and did their own vita-tans, just not of her wearing the panties. Which is where the OP image from the last thread came from, the one with her in the blue striped panties.

I really hope the Shiren the Wanderer LE goes up in price aksys stupidly sent me 2 for the price of 1. I have no idea how they screwed up that badly

And that is good to get more Vita-tan images, there really arent too many drawings of her around. We really do need some more.

Can't you just download the games on a PS3 and just transfer them to the vita.

disgusting.

Woah nice. I'm guessing you didn't open it? The value will probably jump up here in the next few months. I didn't know Shiren even had an LE

Agreed. I scoured the console-tan booru but only managed to find a handful of actually decent-looking ones, like this.

vitahacks.ml/2016/08/09/how-to-install-homebrew-to-a-game-card/
methinks to facilitate easier dumping?

Nah, I never open them until I get around to playing it, that way if I never get through my backlog to it, it is still sealed. it sucks though since at the moment I probably have close to 10 or so sealed LEs that I just never got around too. They are all probably worth quite a bit if I actually ever wanted to sell them

That pic is also good, but I do want some ones of her just hanging around playing vita, and not being so lewd. How else can I set her as a phone or computer background otherwise?

just kill yourself

More like awesome. To each their own.

This also means other kinds of mods, such as script edits, CG uncensoring, model edits, et cetera.

Good luck on that backlog user

Yeah, you make a good point there.

Also, does anyone have any ideas what other company is making limited print runs of PS4 games? Limited Run Games mentioned they lost a game to a competitor and wont say who it is, obviously, but I have been trying to find out and I dont see anything. I really dont want to miss any more limited prints of games especially if I can add rare stuff to my collection for cheap.
I also want to know who this new company is because LRG seems like they are getting pretty upset that someone else took their idea of getting limited print runs, even though they themselves stole it from Retro City Rampage.

Fuck. So LRG is starting to go down the asshole path, huh.
When I read about that 'premium membership' shit that would give you early access to preorder I was about to smash the monitor.
Then they do a 180 and say they would never do that.

I honestly don't find it logical to how they just make a ballpark estimate, let it sell out and then let scalpers fuck up those who want the game later.
Why not make a preorder site that takes a small value, let's say $5 to confirm your preorder, and once the time is up they manufacture the amount requested on preorders along with an extra 10% or so? If they really were fans of games and truly appreciate the value of physical games that would be the best way to do things.
Instead they make artificially limited runs to increase perceived value. That's pretty low.

And yeah, it's not their fucking idea. Hell, Koei did a limited Ar no Surge Vita that now sells for ~$200, and RCR was before them indeed. Provinciano even made a second batch of PS4 versions that include an empty PSP style box (sadly the UMD factories shut down production) so that players now have a digital PSP version AND a box to go with it - that's pretty damn swell.
But of course, scalpers and those who felt special by having the other PS4 copy start bitching. For fuck's sake, it's the same game and if you already have the way rarer copy, let people be happy. If you have a first edition of a book you don't go around crying that others have a second edition - the first is always going to be more valued.

I always knew buying sealed vita games would pay off. Breach n Clear is ~140, escha & logy is 135-200, while that shitty DoA volleyball game is holding it's value and rising.

and Gaijinworks, but no idea, it might just be Wild Guns Reloaded or Shantae, those are the only ones i can think of that would be in LRG's reach.

I don't think it's Wild Guns Reloaded since Natsume funded the project. Might be Assault Suit Leynos tho.

According to them, people were bitching at them about the Octodad ties too much, so any kind of presale is out of the question.

What about the ties? Some bonus item?
It's a fucking roulette toss whether you'll be getting the game you want. As soon as the site lets you buy, everyone crashes it to oblivion despite LRG saying they'll 'improve the site'. It's all about luck.

Nevermind, just saw an image on their twatter. So… it's a tie. Huh.
Cool stuff I guess, but the important part is the games themselves - they should sell this shit separately.

I did see that game mentioned recently, but it looks like it will show up in retail stores. And LRG were also looking forward to it, so I cant imagine that is the game.

Yeah, it was a bonus item that came bundled with octodad. But they werent produced yet so acted like a psuedo pre order. LRG said they got so much hate mail for not saying when the ties would be released, or not getting the ties delivered on time, or what have you. So they felt like if they did preorders then it would be so much worse waiting on games since they say Sony can really screw around with production and verification of games, and make it take longer.
I would be more interested in a pre-order Style window for the games, this way more people can order it, but at the same time if stuff wasnt such == Limited Edition!! == people may not be as apt to buy it then.
Ive also so far never had any issues with buying anything from them, except soldner since people were able to cheat and add to their cart early. And their response was to do nothing about it. I feel like if you have an issue where you have no idea who cheated, then everything gets reset and you start over, but thats just me.

Just wait till you hit 35 or so. Your dick muscles will weaken enough so that you better be damn sure you are done pissing or you will have leaking problems. Enjoy getting old. :^)

Yeah, I read the stuff on their twitter:

I honestly don't trust them to do things right. It's careless as fuck.

iktf brah

I had to break down and start doing kegels.

You can be sure that unless it is fixed for sure, people will try it again. This next batch is going to be around like 7k copies so hopefully there wont be an issue. Not sure how big is game is but hopefully those last.
Soldner sold out instantly, no other release of theirs sold that fast. Im really betting the majority of people had cheated, especially when I had tried to buy it the second it went up for sale and it was sold out.
Like I said, in a case like that were you know there could be widespread cheating but cant figure out who did it, then you really should reset and release it again later once the issue is fixed. You dont just say you cant prove who did it or not and leave it be.
This also will screw everything up for future releases. They have now gotten big enough that many more people have heard of them, and so the games will sell out even faster if they allow you to buy 2 and keep doing only 2.5k print runs.

Last thread responses, still at work, ;-;

Does the update bork henkaku?

Hi Andrew
You should be sharing via p2p, like BitTorrent, Gnutella, or IPFS.
If you're cool, you'd share the I2P, FreeNet, or GNUnet address.
^

See:
Not pirate, but share

Commission

Missing a chromosome is too much data

What does the site say the update do, and does it affect henkaku?

MOVE. Singapore best atm

I need to get home ASAP, I can condense that in less words.

See: or
>Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

I have an idea exploiting Sony, but first I need to make a base

Which drawfag did this?

It's for the express purpose of patching out henkaku.

does this drawfag have a place to find more of his stuff?

>Guardian

Wut

wew

DLC for the first month it was released

Huh. Welp. Odd that that was a bonus when it's not a NIS game though.

Does anyone have the latest recommendations copypasta?

It was published by them, the DLC even came out in Japan a bit after it came out here.

No it wasn't, that was Kadokawa

It was developed by Kadokawa in conjunction with Experience Inc. and published by NISA in North America and Europe.

Ah, purely a foreign thing. Weird they'd make new content because of that though.

NISA loves to fuck with games to the point where they brick your consoles.

How these chucklefucks keep their jobs boggles my minds.

Do I need to update to use the browser or email?
Because I think I need to turn my vita off to get my email working for the offline version

No. You just need a wifi connection.

Yeah, but this seems like something that would take effort as opposed to just pissing on things like a localizer normally would do.

yeah but the content transfer doesn't need the internet yet still needs to have an update to work

They fucked with the code for Witch and the Hundred Knights significantly enough that it rendered a bunch of people's PS4.

They didn't need to do anything other than insert their already butchered script, but in their zealousness to censor they fucked the whole thing up.

That's what it amounts to. A bunch of incompetant moral crusaders taking the content made by other people, butchering it into an unusable and unrecognizable form, and then charging a shit ton of money for their turbokikery.

If you buy NISA you are supporting literal cancer and the death of gaming.

G-guys..?

Preaching to the choir mate, I don't even play games in English anymore unless they were made by foreigners which basically just means WayForward at this point

Why not just

Is this what you're looking for?

Nigga the image with all the recommended games. The one I have is so old it has Gundam Breaker 2 in the "upcoming releases" section.

Wait fuck I mean this

lol yeah that's the one user. Thanks.

I'm on 6.60, Why shouldn't I update?

Because most video game reviews are generally more than a paragraph long, m8

Do we have piracy in the future?

Yeah. We have PSPs, too.

Gave my Vita away to someone but may be getting it back soon since they don't use it. If I were to get henkaku what do I get out of it? Is it on the level of PSP yet?

Reading or watching a review takes less time than doing a playthrough or watching a let's play. For potential customers looking to buy a game, knowing that there are game-breaking bugs or shitty localization jobs at some point is pretty fucking useful. This is assuming that piracy isn't an option, either because of personal moral compunctions or because of technical limits in that a given system doesn't allow for piracy.

Of course, a review is only useful if you trust the source. I think I've only ever been satisfied with RPGcodex when it comes to game reviews, though I'm willing to visit nichegamer and techraptor unarchived even if their work can be questionable at times. The rest are just random youtubers or word-of-mouth through Holla Forums, and both are definitely hit-or-miss.

It's only been out for almost 2 weeks, so of course not.

Okay, but what do I get out of it?

Alright niggers, semi decided to just get a Vita for my 3DS maybe a TV as well since it's 30, few more questions.

What's the 'must haves' for it right now?

What's the best way around Content Manager?

Is it worth getting a cheap memory card for starters and upgrade later on, or are digital english games more prevalent than physical?

Nights of Azure translation/fix for Vita when?

The wonderful experience of relearning how to Google

Not sure if this was already posted, but it looks like Valkyrie Drive is the latest game to be refused classification in Australia.

classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?ncdctx=%2fQNURiNWpMk8rqU6fwTbELtyAe9eJgE67d2KOy80VdVjFYIYgMNoI+41SB1+DhoN

As of yet, game undubs, save-edits, VHBL (thus PSP homebrews), some native emulators that aren't as good as the ePSP ones as of yet.

No PSP and PS1 emulation yet is the big one, as people are still looking for an ePSP kernel exploit. Translations and extensive game modding have been proved to be possible, but there no active groups that have formed on that front yet from what I've seen.

sage for some grammar-fixing

Damn, I feel sorry for any Aussie anons. That seems like such a bad country. And it is a shame since I really would want to visit it one day.

Also with Valkyrie Drive, I really wanted that Rice Digital LE, but screw paying $30 for shipping to the usa, that is just absurd. I hate paying for shipping, but sucks that I wont be getting the LE then.

They are a nation of convicts, they deserve what they get.

Nothing.

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Hold on. He did mention 3DS. Seems he wants a Vita so his 3DS can play it or something, but whatever.

Point is, you could fill a few harddrives with the good in the 3DS library.

Naw he is the guy from last thread that wass talking about trading his 3DS for a vita.

Trade in n3DS for Vita. Should have been more clear.

Pretty much. Stewing over it all day, and Vita seems more interesting in the long run over the 3DS. Especially for homebrew if Hen reaps CFW on par with the PSP.

I forgot some things. You also get DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D, Lua player, and RPGMaker player in various stages of acceptability.

Depends, 3DS also has access to DS games and that is such an amazing library. There are also all sorts of hacks now for 3DS to dump emulators and such onto it also, maybe not quite psp levels, but it is pretty good. And that all works currently whereas we dont know how far the vita hacks will get.
I cant remember if you ever said you enjoy niche and weeb japanese stuff, but if so then the vita is for sure a good handheld. Otherwise I really would stick with the 3DS, or at least keep it.

I personally have both and think they are both really worth it as handhelds so I do think getting both is a good investment. But also depends on your financial situation, if you can only afford one, I think it really comes down to the style of games you want to play.

The PS4 version is actually okay. Witch&100th PS4 has an Asian version that works fine and includes the English script.
NISA's version for the PS4 is that very same Asian version with a different product code.

The PS3 version is still fucked.

None of my zipped Neo Geo Roms work with retroarch, and I have the neogeo.zip file on the roms and system folders.

Do you have any links to a working romset or roms?

Fuck, I just wanna play Jump Ultimate Stars

I just beat Ys VIII. Wow. It's gonna take some work for anything to beat this for my GOTY.

After playing through this and understanding most shit, I'm definitely going to end up importing Persona 5 I think.

J-Stars Victory is pretty great. Luffy's story mode when Boa hires Gintoki to track you down is hilarious.

I-i-its fine! once we get our R18 rating n-n-nothing will get banned!

mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

How big did the script seem? Just curious as to whether it seems like it's not going to take too long to bring over once XSEED decides to, or if it might take them a while to get through.

Yeah, I saw that myself. I don't think I could stand it if I were in Australia and had an interest in games.

Has their ratings bureau always been this shit, or is it something that's more recent?

For a nation of founded on being a place England dumped felons they didn't want at home and all the ways that part of the planet can try to murder you, I'd have thought they'd have a bit of tolerance for lighthearted lewdness in vidya, but apparently not. Though I suppose the west on the whole has less issues with outright gore and violence than lewd.

isn't so much recommended games, just more of a "what's on the system in general" thing.

The script is pretty damn big, not to mention like the Trails series the NPCs rotate dialogue a lot.

Wow. Well, I assume that XSEED will be eventually bringing over ToCSIII, but considering that's not even out yet in Japan, maybe they'll get on Ys VIII once Cold Steel II is released here? Or do they already have a line up of other stuff as "in the works" that will keep them busy for a good while?

Or, I suppose, the question is have they given a progress report on stuff like Fate/Extella yet?

My answer would be "I don't know" for both those things.

Anyway, it took me 58 hours to beat the game, and fully fill out the map. I still need to get 1 of every item for a trophy and kill every monster type at least once (that inlcudes fishing monsters, kill me)

Random luck of what comes up to the surface, or are they just a pain in the ass to kill?

Random luck, also unlike regular fish it doesn't tell you where you can catch them even though there ARE set places. Fucking hell.

…by "set places" I should say each area has a set fishable enemy, so there's no real way of using process of elimination for which areas you don't need to hit.

At least when you've got one hooked you know, they take a while to reel in but they don't have the "move the stick this way!" portions of the minigame.

So you have to deal with not just pulling in regular fish (which I assume are treated like an item or consumable), but also what the designated monster fish is?

Yeah.

What the FUCK, Sony?

Just play demos. There are a few digital only games, but you can generally find copies of most games.

Maybe this means a flash sale on the weekend

Sony hasn't given two shits about the Vita for a year or so now.

I thought flash sales were usually designated to the third weekend of the month (or somewhere around the 20th or so)? Kind of thinking the one this month will be the weekend after this one, but I could be wrong.

The usual monthly flash sales, I mean. I suppose they can just as well put some up for holidays or whenever, but they generally seem to be about once a month otherwise.

Not really sure how the flash sales work, but I've notice when there is a dry spell of sales there is usually a big weekend sale coming up.

For some reason every time I see an image of a gun fire like that, it reminds me of Musashi Gundoh.

But yeah, it seems like the flash sales are usually in the second half of the month. Sometimes given a theme, other times just being a more generalized smattering of mark downs. Of course, various companies can also opt for their own flash sales, but the prices may not be as low as the ones for general Sony picked sales are (Square for example seems to like doing their own, but you won't see stuff like Final Fantasy VII or Xenogears down to $1 each, the way you might Wild Arms 1 and 2).

Oh, no. Don't play that shit. There is a sale every week. EVERY. WEEK. There's the occasional sale that doesn't offer much, but there has been absolutely nothing for the past 3 weeks for the Vita.

You know why? To squeeze the last bits of money before they just drop it.

Do only weebshits own this handheld because of the shitty vns?
I never even saw anyone playing on one, its always a ds or cellphone, even the old psp

Hot fucking damn can we please get some epsp kernel hacks for henkaku yet? Jesus Christ, I am one impatient nigger.

That's not my thumbnail but hey, close enough.

He's not allowed to touch my stuff anymore.

I got a a TV vita, that's really far behind in the updates. Can that be used for the hacking shit?

Dungeon Travelers 2 is the best game I haved played on consoles. It's the deepest dungeon crawler in existence.

Stop.

Yeah, just manually update through your PC. You can find update files on hackinformer.

SAO: Hollow Realization has a new dating system. This dude has other videos for HR, looking into the way sword skills will work, requiring directional input instead of just hitting a single button to activate one, and some other stuff. Looks like they're bringing back the support system straight out of Hollow Fragment.

I don't trust that game not to run like arse on the Vita

Can I still buy games from the PSN if I keep my Vita on 3.60?

I figure at worst, it'll run like Lost Song did, 30 frames capped, and maybe some frame drops when things get really hairy. That's my own baseless assumption though.

Opening the store will give you a message that you have to update, so no.

What the fuck is wrong with this game?

It's so poorly optimized it even lags when you get rid of it.

You might be right.
Lost Song is tolerable, but also while it was released on Pissfour also, it was originally a Pissthree game. HR is Pissfour exclusive in that regard so it might not translate as well.

I was going to buy Dragon's Crown, so it's their loss, I guess.

It's better in the long run, I really wanted it physical

Buy its physical release.

I though of buying it online because I have a PS3, but then I remembered I'm gonna CFW the fuck out of it anyways

That happens with a lot of games.

I've never sat for 5 whole minutes to delete a 1GB demo. It usually takes a few seconds.

Now I'm playing Breakers Revenge on my Vita. Thanks a lot!

Anyone confirmed it? I have a 3.01 PCH-1001, and I will do my investigative hacking on that.

There should be no reason to use an up-to-date firmware for one exploit. Real exploits should work on all firmware versions

This should be a torrent or IPFS

I am working on an all firmware approach, since I see that the system is NetBSD based, I have to target that.

It may require messing with the BIOS and on-board firmware.

How? How do roommates do this?!? Do you even contract?

I am perplexed. My roommates know not to touch my stuff, and on the router, they know to leave my settings alone. They can adjust theirs, not mines.

Isn't that the fucking point? I see more people playing with the handheld called "Cellphone" more than Vita, but I don't opinante people's preference of playing on their devices.

Just imagine playing Atari games on a watch.

me: 1. Get pirated Steam copy from torrent
2. Burn 2 M-Disc DVD copies, place cover art on top, place one on safe, keep other on desk
3. Find studio's mailing address [Vanillaware here[1]]
4. Convert local cash into yen, or make a money order
5, Mail with thank you letter
6. Keep playing Dragon's Crown locally.

I also have my own UMPC, so I play it everywhere I go.

It happens when you have bad code. TRIM is there for a fucking reason, and it's to be used.

[1]vanillaware.co.jp/company.htm

Are you retarded?

No system updates for >7 months, then ten days after an exploit comes out, a patch. Do the math.
hackinformer.com/2016/08/08/psvita-fw-update-3-61-is-out-and-what-does-it-do-henkaku/

Also, offline Henkaku installer is out now.
hackinformer.com/2016/08/10/henkaku-offline-installer-released/

—–

faggotry

#triggered

Actual Vita post, well done. Thanks for contributing

derped, also no webm, still faggotry

dumb self-answerable questions

opinions

Identity politics much? Also opinions.

Score: 8fag,2tr,6p,1d,3o
8F,6虚,6A: 30% actual posts, 30% shit, 40% faggotry.
Do the math: Are you, ID:743a45?

—–

Thank you for answering.
This should have been day 0. What's with these HenKaku devs…?

Are you retarded?

Quentin was caught planning to shoot up his school, Remember?

Holla Forums loves cute, slightly unhygienic girls as much as I do.

Does the Play-Asia user lurk in these threads? I have something I need to ask them.

Well, it wasn't this thread, but they showed up in a "Tell Play-Asia what games you'd want to see in English" thread the other day. So I'd say they at least lurk from time to time.

Apparently asking D3 about Omega Labyrinth is a bit of a high priority for them right now, so maybe that one will actually see an English release some day.

Lisbeth got an upgrade!
So huge they tear the cloth.

filtered

fucking fantastic.

Delicious I hope her ass got upgraded too. She had a nice booty in Lost Song, in her default armor.

I just got my vita, friends.
So excited!

Gravity Rush (Soon)

Tales of Hearts R
Trillion
Demon Gaze

Nothing for now.

Shiroyasha was too perfect

Trillion's kinda buggy. I stopped playing after my camera glitched on Trillion and ended up getting me and my waifu killed. Pick up Dragon's Crown though, it is tits.

DROPPED

so for the snes emulators, is CATSFC any better than Snesx9? Or is the sound still all fucked up?

I just hope the henkaku folks can get the data transfer process working right so I dont have to go through the shitty process now, and a firmware spoofer for the eshop and for transfering the digital games I have stowed on my pc.

Hearts R's fun, but the translation is pretty poor since Namco didn't bother keeping 8-4 on as tight a leash as they usually did for the console entries. Probably because they didn't even want to bring it west in the first place.

Is it game breaking? Like, have other anons experienced this?

Is it that bad? I mean, it can't be as bad as those Nep Nep screenshots that were shown a few threads back. Those things were pretty cringe inducing.

It's 8-4 that did the translation, so yeah it is that bad, they always do shit jobs and are infested with SJW mindsets.

It can be, for both, but the former you can save often. The latter, well, you will have to bear the cringe somewhat, though, its still less cringe than grace f.

The first hint of trouble was them renaming Shing to Kor. Now, this isn't the first time in the series that happened (Johnny/Karyl and Max/Fog say hi), and it wouldn't be as noticeable if the game had no voicing, or an English dub, but since the game was, for once, Japanese dub only, it's incredibly odd to hear the audio refer to him distinctly as Shing while the text calls him Kor. And for some reason, with this entry you don't have the option to rename characters (which would have let the player fix it).

Delving deeper, Kajitani-Eizen, who had been working on fan translating the DS version before canceling out of respect for Namco choosing to bring the Vita version over, has made a number of articles on just how bad the translation is, to the point he estimates only 40% of the translation is accurate, with 8-4 making the remaining 60% up. Story changes, personality changes, etc.

Again, it's a fun game, but the western version is badly handled. Hopefully someone someday can give it the AT2 treatment and make a "Just-unfuck-my-shit-up" patch.

Not all the time. Depends on who hires them, how much they care about the game in question, and how much/little they're willing to let them get away with.

I looked up some screenshots of what you were talking about. I might think again about my decision buying it. Don't get me wrong though. The game does look fun, but the text will annoy me after the first 10 hours pass to the point of me having to mute the audio.

Thanks for telling me though. I appreciate that.

Pertinent reading as well:
>blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
Kajitani's take on the initial trailer (again, being that he's familiar with both Japanese and the DS script).

>blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
More reacting to trailers Gamestop UK put out.

>blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/
What 8-4 did right with the game in the end (it's a pretty fucking small list), and complaining that they had half a year to correct stuff but didn't.

No problem. It's a real shame too. I used to hear about how fun it was from moonspeakers, and in the past, 8-4 had done a decent enough job with the series (Abyss, Vesperia, Graces f, and Xillia were done by them), but since Namco didn't have any plans to bring it over to begin with (be it on the DS or Vita; Baba said in the past he wanted western fans to be able to play one of his favorite games in English, but Namco wasn't keen to let that happen) and only relented after SCEA actually did something right for once and asked Vita owners what games they wanted to see come over, it really strikes me that they didn't care what happened with it, and could very likely use poor reception of it to justify not bothering with bringing over any more of the handheld entries in the future.

Honestly, I enjoyed Hearts R. I do know some moonrunes so the differences in text and dialog were evident at points, but hey: They left the loli skit intact.
user, I recommend you to get the game regardless - Tales games have scripts separate from the executable in commonly known package formats, and I don't think Hearts R is the exception. With HENkaku patches are possible.

Holy shit, I just realized, someone could possibly work on patching in the ikkitousen characters into estival versus na version maybe. Sweet.

Would it be possible eventually to use a fan made patch with a physical copy of a game (IE: patch and game data are actually separate), or would it have to be a pirated digital one that you'd have to permanently patch before using?

Patch data is stored in either ux0:/patch or grw0:/patch (If the game card has the writable partition).

Are they DLC? If that's the case, probably not since it's not possible to decrypt those or the binary.
But if the character skins were part of the base game and were just dummied out, it could be possible.

You can patch both digital AND physical games. But you still need to own any of the two kinds for a given game in order to patch it.
Also, the patches are put in as an update patch. If the game never had an update (Hearts R, Persona 4 Golden) it's simple and you just copypaste stuff and make a custom sfo with the version string '1.01' (or whatever version you want).
If the game HAS official patches you either mod the vanilla 1.0 version or separately de-encrypt the update data, combine it with your patch data and set it all up. This has the benefit that you don't need to make a fake .sfo since the game update has one already.

ALSO, if you have two vitas on the same account- one updated, one with HENkaku, you can patch a game (e.g. undub Persona) on the HENvita, copy the update/save/game data with QCMA to the PC and then transfer that to your other Vita that is updated. The result? Modded game on an updated console!

—–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
Hash: SHA256

Wew. Is there a way to whitelist or spoof the system into thinking it can run the game on 3.50, or is the update critical?

Here's the previos versions:
hackinformer.com/psvita-firmware-files/ [needs TLS] [Needs P2P: e.g. IPFS, BTIH, TTH]

Good news: bugmenot account working, making an SSH key for gitgud.io, to push stuff like this:
zerobin.net/?50299df9178c4210
Key to link on the subject line.

Everyone please review&critique this WIP Resources links. A FAQ should be next.
^
For those that copied my GPG key, you should be able to verify this post came from said person that holds the private key.
Embedded a nice video summary of what is Asymmetric Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

- -
Can someone explain me the point of filtering IDs?
Holistically, it makes no sense. But I guess I am JS filtered from ID:a39c9b so he can't auto see my posts? It's not like I am attacking anyone by asking questions.
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–
Version: GnuPG v2

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJXrCsuAAoJEBbaym2h8U9oHPQH/j9HT1ybRLdS0/dva2tZISHY
0KvqVxVaMHvyg7qVXGuAsphzv0a43lwQ4YqaRDL+liJqZxT36Tz+I+yQKIOJYHpE
cmOHVEMb3hY59reAhM7uOlrlUEZyhVYIuDwTL35kQ5SOv/+8/TZOV5bp9fzS+p9X
6Wd5etkBiMJgIHaNGFFiVtAGxnK+yCN1YUJW0PRvBb6xj1yfRyz4v0PCDY2b5MaO
5HdzQOmD4E0vJjQUgemF9EWTDZPkUw6rHPK0G8E7ksbVh+TDrAztBow414RQTfYg
ZfMlmS/zKr31oYYSPCF2ArcWmdcSCYtnxRAUQuobEddPyPwo4SrzguYcz9Rp4/M=
=YnlW
—–END PGP SIGNATURE—–

I think all the dlc is part of a patch, but locked out with the dlc key that will never be released. I can dream and hope that someone gets them working though.

left out the webm

In this video, the "lock" is the public key, the "key" is the private key. The secret Key encrypts access to the private key, the third key you must never ever share, even if you compromise the private, since you can renounce the compromised key.

Hmm… that'll be tough. There isn't enough control as in the PS3 yet. Thanks to CFW, stuff like Tales costumes previously exclusive to Japan could be ported, but the DLC still needed to be 'activated' with a generated license file.
But who knows? Maybe a way will appear.

Don't link reddit, even if it is related to the topic.

And I found a way around accesing stuff from the content manager and how to download and install vita games and dlc from the ps3 without updating the vita. So I am good to go, but should probably invest in another memorycard.

Yeah, normally qCMA is all you need to do that. An updated PS3 can also work instead of a second Vita. I don't use mine since it has CFW.
Seriously Sony, fuck you for not adding the same Vita related functions from the PS3 on the PS4

I have a ps3 with regular firmware. And I found the content manager can have the vitaupdateblocker running to ignore the update check.

And to anyone wondering if the HENKaku exploit is possible on older firmware: yifan.lu/
It is. Just, who gonna do the work?

webmup.com/108d4/
If you are having issues with the download: webmup.com/108d4/vid.webm

mmmm, there are good resources there, but I understand what you mean.. Is there a proxy or archive that maybe acceptable. If many people agree to remove the link, I will do it.

IIRC, there's a PC version too: codestation.github.io/qcma
Can I have a link to your guide?

Mmm, do you also set it to Airplane mode, just to make sure it doesn't broadcast? A How-to here would be wonderful.

In these times, buying 2 or more used Vitas is the only way, until we can get formal Hackers to break the Vita. Someone needs to donate the oldest versions to a Hacking laboratory.
DEFCON24 had no talks about the Vita ;-;

It may not be what I read, i may have thought it was something else, but here is the updateblocker for vita which would allow for using the ps3 for downloading and installing vita games. Wont stop games that need higher than 3.60 from not wanting to work I bet. Here is hoping we can find a way around that little bit of trouble with firmware spoofing though.

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=40302

I'm kinda mad at this. I ordered my game through gamestop disappointed there wasn't a LE, found it on their homepage. I really need to delve into the vita love.

So fucking bad I actually sent them an email bitching them out, not like it matters.

Muramasa Rebirth and Purse Owner 4 Jewgold on PSTV
Sorcery Saga, Senran EV, and Odin Sphere Demon Souls Vita port to happen
My Vita, finally! (2000 Slim), 32 GB mem card, and a case to protect the system while I'm using it.
Just bought my Vita and want a copy of Loli Saga. The game is reminiscent of Mystery Dungeon but with Lolis instead. Is the game challenging or just more of a fun romp? I've also been wondering whether it's worth getting Estival Versus when Shinovi just came out on PC not to long ago. EV could very well get a PC release and I can use a real controller to play that at 60FPS. But then again that sweet looking special edition is tempting.

Reminder that this is shitty advice, and you should never enable people to be worse as an individual, just because you're complete irredeemable garbage.

Is Gamestop required to not stock or even acknowledge the existence games made or localized by companies that don't take jew gold/censor shit? Motherfucker at the register acted like he had difficulty remembering a name like "Gal Gun" when it "didn't stock retail copies in the US" but is perfectly available on Amazon.

How is that being "worse as an individual"?

The average GameStop employee doesn't actually play video games, just Call of Madden and the like.

I would have assumed the same thing except he was literally a neckbeard who was into the vita and lamented the lack of physical releases. He is obviously the target market and tried to hide his power level.

I realize this is needless ranting but it feels like a fucking conspiracy with how he was fine talking about the vita as if intimate with it but doesn't know the one game recently localized by Non-Social Jewstice Warriors.

Easy, just look at Japan to see what kind of effects people like you becoming widespread has. Porn isn't and never will be a substitute for real human contact (no I don't just mean sex), and no amount of excuses and bullshit you make will change that.
If or rather when I ever sink as low as you, I will own it, not deny it.

Like the other user said, GameStop employees are retarded. This just makes me wonder… Since it didn't stock retail copies would they still accept a used copy from someone else or is that a restriction?

He sounds like a cool guy, if he really didn't know, he knows now hopefully.

Hm, could just be an idiot then, lots of those.

They make good video games?

I have real human contact all the time. It's terrible and makes me want to go home and play video games.

Deny what? I'm fully acknowledging that I don't find 3DPD attractive, there's no denial going on.

Of course, the best. I was referring to their slowly dying species though.
I know that feeling, I'm just lucky I have weeb friends that aren't complete normalfags.
Sorry dude, I misjudged you quite a bit. You have serious issues though, and I wish you the best of luck.
Sage because off topic.

That's the strange part. They had a section (albeit tiny) for vita games and I had the ability to preorder other vita games. the actual vita "section" there had a grand total of maybe two "new" games one being EDF the other being UDG. Used games were essentially limited to people who bought VNs expecting "gameplay" or old as fuck although I managed to pick up some things I wanted physical copies of.

I would assume they stock copies that are traded in as long as it is in the system but I didn't really ask. I noticed Shantae was on the pre-order list but wasn't listed as "available" to preorder which made no fucking sense.

Overall he was probably the least terrible Gamestop employee I've had to deal with though.

Considering how many god awful children's lessons I have to do, they're breeding just fine.

Probably, but I still enjoy playing video games, and all I really care about is enjoying my life, so I think I'll be alright. Thanks though.

GameStop's systems are weird as fuck.

Sadly I don't doubt you.

Nobody preordered it; they didn't bother to stock it. They might get copies from the warehouse at some point. You can't expect employees to remember or know much about games on the Vita. No one asks for them.

Yeah, they've got warehouses that stock the shit, not small stores. Not sure what's up with the preorder. You can probably put money down for it now, though. I've preordered games months in advance.

Nope. They'll just put it in their stock for resale.

God, I hate tor user so much.
I bet he runs Debian.
On a Thinkpad.
One of the older IBM ones.

Anyone make dumps of re;birth 2 and 3?

Not sure about Gamestop, but here in the UK with GAME they basically accept any game that is sold in the country to be traded in. The barcode will still correspond to something in their database.

Also "pre-order" is almost a synonym for "coming soon" at this point, so while a game may be up for pre-order (i.e. its not out yet) that doesn't mean you can do so in that store if they have no plans to bring it in.

Last GAME I went into had but a single shelf (~20 box wide) for Vita games and miraculously a single copy of Project Diva F2. I mean, I bought it when it came out but it still blows my mind to see a title like that brand new on a shelf in a shop what with how normalfag-orient that are these days.

Physical copies of PDF2 are pretty rare in the UK. If it was a sensible price you should've bought it again and kept it sealed.

The fuck, all the stores I've been to have had absolutely 0 Vita related things except for maybe a charger.

It was still £40 but Im not in the market to do such a thing regardless. If I cared to make money I could easily sell my Miku Vita but like hell I'd do that.

£40? I got mine for £20 last year. Fucking hell.
I'd bet that Vita games are going to become collectible in the future.

Think Gamestop used to do that but recently it looks like they don't stock anything except ps3/4/xbone and Nintendo handhelds. The vita space they had was essentially the empty backside of the Sony section. There were also shitloads of controllers, headsets, and for some reason, a cricket phone kiosk.

From what I could tell the only games on the pre-order list had set dates but I guess those could have been tentative. That or Gamestop only knows of 8~ games being released for the vita in the next 4 months though I suppose that is equally likely.

I just don't understand why, barring mental retardation of the entire Sony board of directors, they release a decent handheld two generations in a row and proceed to fuck it up with shitty support and complaints that "nobody is buying mobile consoles" while they don't fucking release anything for it. Are they intentionally fucking up because they think it proves people wrong?

Which is why their population is expected to drop by a third by 2060 since the death to birth ration went over 1% and climbing since then. I only expect it to get worse when the old farts cranking out the anti-otaku media die off.

The only thing that is more neglected than PC shit at GS is Vita shit. Which makes no sense when you realize that the PC shit they sell has no real physical value.

Awful people. Let someone else buy it.

They'll bring it in if you actually preorder it.

Being a niche handheld as is and the want for many pubs to go digital; wouldn't be too surprising.

On a related note fuck Sega for no physical PJDX in the EU. I thought they learnt their lesson after PJDF.

The Vita has a moderate fanbase but I think its the wrong kind of consumer as far as marketing goes. You know, don't want the face of their brand to be 'cute anime girl plus maybe tits or panties'. Not publicly in the West at least.

If we just had a good Rockstar game and NBA2K, it could have lasted longer in the west. Call of Duty shat the bed, but continued success probably would have paved the way for a Killzone followup. Oh, what could have been.

A lot of vita games come over on the PS4. Realistically the fact that the vita is even still around proves the West doesn't have to be your market. I would say the bigger issue is that the AAA/first party titles released on the vita aren't fully fleshed out games on their own and are just ports of full releases which isn't what a handheld should really be. As much as I dislike Nintendo's strangle on the handheld market they do know what to put on their shit, and it isn't WiiU lite.

I'm replaying tales of hearts r for the 4th time. I never get tired of this shit. Beryl is the best tales loli. She reminds me of makina from grisaia no kajitsu the way she rapes the Japanese language and their shared incompetentence.

The story definitely isn't my favorite of the tales series but they have some really good characters. Sure they all are incarnations of the standard tales archetypes, but each manifestation they churn out has its own unique quirk that makes them lovable. Except Lloyd and colette from tos, truly unlovable characters. Hubes from graces is kind of gay too. And Karol from vesperia. Hell I guess every tales game has some shit character besides hearts. I think that's why I love this game so much

But fuck if these dlc costumes aren't bleeding me dry. It's been 2 years since I bought the dam game and I'm still buying costumes. Sucks that kor has no good costumes

I also noticed from my tenuous grasp of the Japanese language that the words being spoke by the voice actors in the game do not match the text. Like during the localalization they added a shitload more dialog for each actor's lines. I can't think of an example of the top of my head but this is the first time I've seen this in a game with Japanese voice actors and English text

So finally got Gal Gun and this is how they decided to fix the typo. Just a sticker placed over the plastic wrap. I'm perfectly ok with that.

Yeah, 8-4 did a hacky translation job. I'm still glad we got the game, at least. Especially because it came completely undubbed.

And yeah, Beryl is best girl. But best Tales loli is hard to say, there are so many and they're all great: Anise, Elize, Presea (arguably not a loli but whatever), Suzu, Chat…

That is hilarious. It's gone as soon as you take off the wrap, so what's the point?
Good thing they didn't fuck the box with adhesives, though!

In Uppers can Nicole and Daidouji do the "get knocked into NPC girl's privates" thing?

I couldn't find any pictures of it when I searched in Nipponese.

Legally they have to change the packaging on the units that are still in stores. Since doing a product recall is a waste of time and money they call up stores and ask them to put on stickers instead. It's actually pretty common for this to happen when an important misprint label like this happens.

How the fuck do I beat Neptune? She just calls endless shitty minions and retreats to heal herself up after like 1 turn of damage.

Most likely the average Gamestop employee doesn't know what's actually on a system aside from mainstream shit and games they're supposed to be pushing preorders of prior to release. Gal*Gun doesn't exactly strike me as being either of those.

Honestly, you want to have a decent conversation with a store employee about niche stuff, independent used game shops are the better place.

Not sure. It strikes me that it would most likely depend on whether they even have it in their system. Looking at, say, Ar Nosurge Plus, I'd like to think they'd take in used copies, but since that had no brick-and-mortar physical release here, last I checked their website, it wasn't in their system (and thus the "find nearest store with a copy" function can't be used).

I can get disliking Colette though.

The latter is basically a subset of the former.

True, but occasionally the better employees might take a look at what you're getting and have some faint idea of something fitting the same genre at least to ask if you want to preorder, rather than asking if you want to place an order for nuDoom when you're buying some niche Japanese game. Admittedly though I don't make a habit of buying much at Gamestop anyhow.

Granted, but those still don't fall into the group of "games they're supposed to be pushing preorders of"

New thread here, sorry for the wait, just made it back from work.

Are DLC, download codes and online passes of European retail versions redeemable in all EU region countries? Like can I register UK codes with German and French PSN accounts and vice versa?

These all just came up to personal preferance, they aren't necessarily bad characters per se, but they just annoyed the shit out of me.

Karol was whiny and I didn't like the idea of using a little shota as a party member. Loli maybe, manly looking shota no. Didn't help he was a whiny little bit cheaper

Hubert annoyed me based on his role in the plot. He was a stuck up pricked that kicked asbel out of his home and lordship. Fuck that was painful to watch. Thoughrout the rest of the game, the elitism was hard to watch. Didn't help he didn't have any good costumes and I didn't like his character design.

Lloyd was a whiny, gay justice spewing faggot.

Speaking of whiny faggots, I almost forgot to mention my most hated tales character, Luke from ToA. Holy shit he pretty much ruined the game for me. Every scene after he killed those imaginary people in that stupid fucking parallel world was a cringe fest unlike I've ever seen in vidya. What was even more infuriating is that I actually thought he was a good an interesting character before the event, but the shitlords at bamco went nuclear with him and decided to morph him into a flaming pussy hero.

Yeah I was just relieved we got the game too. Actually I don't think the added dialog takes away from the game, it's actually needed considering how bare bones the actual script is. Though it's a little annoying to see translation choices like "hamburger" instead of "yakisoba pan". Like the weebs playing this game aren't gonna know what fucking yakisoba pan is. The idiocy of localization teams astound me sometimes.