Asians needs to be represented more in video games, guys! -Vice

archive.is/9gk2w

Cultural hegemony, YES!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thisismrle/status/762645978663059456
reddit.com/user/thisismrle/
newgrounds.com/portal/view/541967
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing new there, at least before you guys were badass about it; this is pathetic.

Have these people ever seen asian films?
Outside of dramas and cinema the characters represent every stereotype he just listed, and those films are made for a domestic market.

It's so fucking obvious that these fucking chodes only started 'playing games' in 2010.
And by playing games I mean watching The Order 1887.

I had a small hope this would be a P4rgaming article, but if course it wasn't.

Who wants some Wang?

I though Asians were basically white and we needed less white people.
Fuckers wanting western devs to shoehorn asians. Why don't they play games MADE by actual asians.

Do these niggers think Yakuza or Dynasty Warriors even have a single burgeristani working on them?

That's what I was thinking. Two of the three consoles are from Japan. Hundreds of devs are in Japan. Instead of saying, those games need more exposure in the west, which I would agree with to a degree, the stupid cunt is saying that western devs should change. Fuck this cuck.

Yeah and (((VICE))) wants to ban anime games.

PICK ONE YOU FUCKING HYPOTHETICAL NIGGERS!!!

Everybody seems to have a fucking opinions on everything fucking thing and think their opinion matters now these days.

Is this Sandy Beaches' new persona? Cause I have some trouble believing an actual Asian is this fucking retarded.

Requesting "Asian Representation" doesn't mean much, particularly if that extends to their actual country of origin - language, religion and so on. It's like asking for European Representation but not knowing or caring if it's German or Spanish. It suggests an oddly simplistic and politically braindead idea that can be summed up as

You think a Spic feels represented by a Kraut? No? Then why the fuxk would a Chink feel represented by a Gook? God this kind of pretensious and hilariously racist cuntery pisses me off.

let me guess.
this is one of those retards that thinks games from japan have white people in them.

It's the same fucking thing as "barring romcoms and dramas, all white dudes in movies have to be proficient in some form of asskicking", but you don't hear faggots complaining about the inordinate amount of guns and punches in movies.

(fucking checked)
user, I highly doubt he's even aware they make games over there. Or he is and doesn't give a shit about them because they make cartoon games.

I think they just want all non-whites to be white.

Asians have always been schrodingers POC: an under-represented minority one day or "white enough" when they need to be ignored.

I had a back and forth with somebody on another site about this. They isolated this paragraph and said "there are real points being made here, did you guys even read the article". When asked to clarify further, they made the point that "Asians in games are typically only portrayed as specific roles and/or stereotypes even by Asian game developers". I pointed out that the examples listed in the article are fucking horrible and flat out wrong and they sheepishly agreed.

Something interesting to note is that a lot of the time, the people crying about these things typically give next to no reasoning or cite good examples for their points. Yakuza and Street Fighter are probably the single worst examples to bring up in an "Asian representation" argument since Street Fighter's entire cast is based on national stereotypes and the Yakuza series as a whole is created by Japanese devs in Japan solely to bundle up what they love about Japanese culture to share with a Japanese audience, and the cast of characters in the games are overwhelmingly Asian to the point that you can count the number of non-Asian characters that had some sort of involvement in the main story on one hand.

Plus the fact that the article author complained about the fact that Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs, games about organized crime, had tough guys in it. It's idiotic.

PROBLEMATIC WESTERN ORIENTALIST SHITLORDS

How triggered do you think Nioh will make these whining faggots?

Also, linked articles tell a lot about these shit sites.

Not at all, because that guy's white.

In what fucking job would you ever need to tell your boss you have fucking HIV

How can one person say so much and at the same time have said so little?
I'm still baffled that they even use Street Fighter as evidence when they need to argue about this shit.
Street Fighter from the beginning has always been about stereotypes and cultural extremes. I'm pretty sure Dhalsim has baby skulls around his neck because actual shamans in India do that.

Lets not forget a game with an all-female and near-all-asian cast was met with widespread disapproval and bemoaning of the game having ever been made in the first place.

They dont care about representation.

They just want control over what gets made.

because of you i decided to google "nioh is too hard" to see if any journos made shitty articles about it. They did, but the good news is, I found out that we're getting a second demo this month.

Nips having fun with their history is somehow racist
Who is this retard?

They want more Asians in western games while wanting to destroy any foreign competition.

This is just virtue signal so people dont see them as the xenophobic racist twats they really are.

I bet you can't crack the $1000 barrier in your patreon account, shitlord

SJWs will get a shock when they find out what real asians think about niggers, curry niggers and sand niggers.

no, they just want to complain

Nothing

What the fuck?

Fucking west coast chinks.
Whiny faggots like that really make me hate being Chinese sometimes.

Anything is racist if you look hard enough

This dumb gook doesn't even know what that means (hint: it's not a compliment).

Also this is pretty standard fare for SJW shit about Asians: a gook talking shit about stuff that the nips are totally fine with. This is a particularly funny extreme because the nips actually made most of the games he's bitching about.

I just realized how racist this cunt is.
How are these Asian stereotypes. I've never thought these to be Asian stereotypes. If I was to go to one Asian stereotype first it'd be hardworking. Not villainous.

They won't, not in case of chinks and gooks at least. These are the same people who don't see anything wrong with sandniggers who are against their feminism bullshit.

it's just like the malaysian lady getting mad at white people wearing kimonos

why do gooks always feel so entitled to appropriate japanese & chinese culture?

man what the fuck is this some joke? I don't even care if my own race is being "misrepresented" or "underrepresented"

Don't forget, using poison if we go by Gook, Nip, and Chink stereotypes in Martial Arts is only used by cowards and evil villains.

Wait wait wait hang on

Isn't that literally the fucking point?

The Japanese loved yakuza and hard boiled detective TV series not long ago. The fucking racists oppressing themselves within their own society.

You know the stereotype we have on ninjas is something Japan purposely created to be more attractive to foreigners so they can sell movies? Damn house niggers.

But…, but doesn't Faith KNOW martial arts?

You know, I really like F.A.N.G. but I've never really looked at his race before. I mean, he is Asian, but if I were to describe him I'd never start my sentence describing his race. I'd say something like 'he is a crazy guy who is very flamboyant', not 'he is Asian.' Does that make me a racist?

they just want to complain to anyone who will listen

I remember hearing about a bunch of people getting mad that the white guy in Nioh was appropriating samurai culture or something.

Non-Japanese Asians are subhumans.

These mental gymnastics

Didn't fucking Mattress Edge bombed?

Everyone does fucking stereotypes in media, you pointing out his character does not make you as racist as the Vice bitch who did the article while praising le multiculturalism by praising games made by westerners.

Games made by asians still have too many white people in them.

Look at Metal Gear. Almost everyone of any importance was a white American which is SUPER problematic

There's a reason gooks are the most marginalised minority. Nobody gives a shit about gooks, even if yazuka is admittedly a good series a lot of the characters look white as fuck.

Japanese are as subhuman as the rest

Also anyone else find it ironic that games made by nips tend to feature white characters instead of their own people? Nintendo for example and SE and all these others like JRPGs and shit. Even japs know who the master race is so why the fuck is VICE being a bitch?

If a game is made by evil japs it's bad no matter what and Sleeping Dogs shows them in a bad light because chinks are saints and heroes, not criminals. I wish someone made a game which would shit on their retarded ideology.

What did you expect from a chink?

And you're worse, weak retards who allow this scumbag to get away with all this bullshit don't deserve to live. Western civilization is in decline because of you.

I feel like he was lifted straight from Kung Fu Hustle

silly gook, 2 nukes weren't enough

HEY NIPS, YOU'RE BEING RACIST TO YOURSELVES!

It's bewildering that there are people who think having fucking HIV is a net positive because they think they can milk it for Patreonbux.

Can we nuke San Francisco now?

You're going to start seeing a whole lot more articles like this. Just remember that these people are all for globalization and hate anything that portrays people being proud of their heritage and that different cultures are actually different.

Well, unless it's blacks or muslims.

ALL CULTURES ARE THE SAME

MUSLIMS CAN'T BE HELD TO THE SAME STANDARDS AS THE REST OF THE WESTERN WORLD

BLACK CAN'T BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS BECAUSE RACISM

Aren't Vice the guys who wrote that article about how localizers MUST remove all Japanese culture from Japanese games and replace it with american culture to do their job properly?

Their distaste for anime steams from their only cultural identity, what shitty cartoons and video games that they grew up with.

Vice is pretty much a garbage disposal stuck in reverse.

Its been going on in localization since forever.

How many times i told you to never touch philosophy and theory including cultural theory ?

Cultural hegemony is the power of ideas controlling the individual
Read Gramsci

If true, troll them about this shit.

yeah, that's the worst part.

Better pray for the San Andreas fault to lurch again.

Careful there, my country also has had some horrible earthquakes for that little crack of hell, I hate those people as much as you do, but I wouldn't die for the cause.

Lazy Journalists do stupid shit Part 135

This isn't even a challenge hell I can name one while typing this rant

Ryu from Street fighter

You should probably let your boss know if you have any bloodborne disease, especially in you're prone to bleeding. You shouldn't share it with everyone in your workplace, but your boss should probably know.

What in the actual fuck?

No, they just want ad revenue.

I will never care about a characters identity more than gameplay.

I can relate to any race because I'm not shallow, and it more depends on the sort of character they are rather than what they look like.

It makes playing good, fun games an easy thing to do and means I don't stress about race during my life.

Games that are sold on the basis of a character's identity really turn me off, it makes me really uncomfortable. Like when Bioware had all that shit about their first actually gay character for Cisquisition.

Yeah if you're HIV+ you're a fucking biohazard

They do get represented, but you fuckers keep thinking they're the white devil and in some cases blackwash them.

The game was fucking made by Chinese people

Honestly, it's sad that the only choices are being a Nazi who only plays the future of the white race, or a sjw who only plays minoritys. I don't care for either choice.

These people have probably never left their own state yet alone view the world other then murica.

It's impossible to do anything but give them more ammunition. They want their culture represented but also want to be treated like generic tokens thrown into rolls just because diversity.

Yeah I can't really think of any non-white male character from a western studio recently who wasn't incredibly shallow or hamfisted.

FULL
RETARD

I thought their argument was that the game was stereotypical and is problematic because it only portrays asians negatively. Which I think is even worse they're essentially calling Sega self-hating racists. Things other people stereotype or identify with certain cultures are like that for a reason it's usually generally true or actually a part of their culture. Assuming a Japanese person likes sushi isn't racist however when they say no I don't and you call them a liar then you're a racist.

Fixed

The state of game's writing is FUCKED

I cant finger who is more delusional, weebs or sjws, they are both cancer

admittedly i only skimmed the article cuz i could immediately tell its complete fucking drivel. just another fucking nobody who thinks established developers and directors should do things his way instead of their way

the at least the asians and weebs make/buy things they want and enjoy rather than things that make them feel smart

Call them globalists, they're nothing more than rats.

lead paint chips

Everything's cultural appropriation if it has a hint of nationality, they seem rather fearful. Typical of a ship littered with fleeing rats like Vice. Imagine the suicides if someone set it on fire.

They hate explicit masculinity, but they hate Anime which is more feminine so they don't know what they want

They didn't mention how the game already had plenty of dark skinned people or how they cut the skin treatment option.

Yeah it's a fashion game set in Japan there will most likely be a bunch of Gyaru's in it, doubt they were actual black people.

Only played the JP ver, but I had a feeling that they would cut that out of the Eur/US versions of the game. However, like said, the skin treatments and the dark characters in the game are of the ganguro/gyaru fashion types.

Oh here we go with more or the diversity pander trope.

We should force all Japanese devs to make realistic portrayals of Japanese people in their games.

Their beauty standards are oppressive to women everywhere.

For what purpose?

I bet this is the type of racist cunt who thinks Ryu and Karin are white because none of them are wearing pointy hats while she complains about stereotypes.

That's real retarded, sir.

Americans telling Asian developers how to do Asian characters in Asian made games?

Didn't Sandy Beaches say they would use research paper citations to make themself look smart next time?

twitter.com/thisismrle/status/762645978663059456

reddit.com/user/thisismrle/

UKasian

Isn't that actually racist? Saying that people are only allowed to portray their own race in a way that you approve of?

It's funny because Sega actually censored a certain part in Yakuza 3 where something like that goes down and was met with horrific backlash from the fans because of it, promising to never do it again.

are those 9001 japanese games not enough? oh wait they literally rape womyn

Kojima is a westaboo.
Whose biggest fans are weeaboos.
It's like pomegranite, it rinds.

More like they were "body positive" and got it anyway.

Well, a big problem in africa right now is that the foreign aid missions to treat hiv don't treat the other diseases around unless you have hiv because it's the secondary infections that kill you with hiv.
So what the locals are doing, if they get tb or something and want free healthcare, is going out and specifically getting hiv so they can get their tb treated for free. The missions often result with more cases of hiv when they're done.

Why don't we just let them all die?

Because that would be racist. Completely just and noble, but racist.

You brought this on yourself.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/541967

because not only "charity" is extremely profitable, but the little scraps of what is actually left to fund niggers in africa let's them grow big enough in numbers to require even more "funding" and "help" while destroying their local production and culture, instead of letting them self regulate.

if you were to pull out all the handouts that don't involve building infrastructure and such, it would be worse than if holocaust was actually real

we westerners know better. we know when oppressed groups oppress themselves and we're here to educate them when they do.

Don't worry these people have let go of what racist means a long time ago. Like every word they embrace, it's slowly morphed into meaning "I don't like this."

this can't be real noone is this retarded

WHY IS THIS JAPANESE COMPANY SO RACIST AGAINST ASIANS WHAT THE FUCK

I would marry Anri Okita in a heartbeat

Holla Forums pls go and stay go

I would cure the degeneracy out of her.

That's the thing.

I want everyone to just troll that white SJW retards and remind them of the fact that

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

Or you can ask them if they hate whites so much, why don't they just kill themselves?

Oh and ''Checked'

The funny thing is that the people who actually buy videogames in Asia can't stand how western developers portray Asians. Can't blame them either, imagine having to play Bayonetta with queen Elizabeth as the main character.

Shit like this makes me glad that ISIS is invading Western Europe. Burn in hell commie fuckers. Whether it's Islam hell or Christian hell.

Asians are in fucking tons of games, holy shit.
Even big AAA games like Overwatch have Asians in them.
Does this guy even play video games? He's literally complaining about a problem that does not exist.

Good job, you have just figured out what an average useful idiot liberal is like.

That's what they all do, then they immediately sell themselves as the fix for the make believe problem.

Over 1.6 billion.
Over 1.3 billion.
4,440,976,150 as of fucking now.
They have their own country where they're the majority. Any foreigner can become a minority once they get out of their country.
~50% of the world population. And if we're talking about mistreating, they're mistreated the most in the so called minority lands of the Middle East.

I'd play the shit out of that. Wouldn't buy it, though.

Reminds me of a quote I remember reading from somewhere

I'm gook and I don't need any fucking gookskinned degernate in my vidya

The worst thing is that these days there's ways of managing HIV so that it doesn't necessarily even effect your life expectancy. It would bother me so much less if these people actually withered away slowly in agony, but instead they could very well remain alive and be a burden on society.

Stereotypes are evil because it might make a failure at life feel inadequate.

Dont you shitlords know that facts are racist?

And how's USA these days anyways? i remember reading somewhere that in reality they are under 50% white(still the biggest racial group but…) because all those Mexicans are labeled as "white" especially on criminal statistics.

These "useful idiots" will keep complaining until there's no more white people, look how they portray Russia that's somewhere around 20% muslim and has a sizable population of Asians on the east and many other kinds of actual minorities instead of lgbtxp1q10RD-02 bullshit.

I live in Eastern Europe so I wouldn't know but we have one of the highest mudslime population due to being next to Turkey and having spineless politicians.

The ratio globally is 1.01 men to women but in Western countries it is actually predominantly women

Bulgaria? Don't you guys have Turks that settled down in the middle ages and never left? My condolences. T. Bolan.

Oh. It's a lot worse than that. During the Middle Ages the Turks became very powerful and attacked the very weakened Byzantine kingdoms and slowly took them over. Then they took over our land and enslaved us. I shit you not, one of the regions which is currently full of Muslims was made this way:
If you refuse to accept Islam you die. If you say anything against the Turks you die. If you're a Christian you die. They made a region like that. I will never understand idiots that claim that these people are "peaceful" or a minority.

Do you guys get any news from Greece at all?

I'm going there for a vacation next month, to Crete which is hopefully safe and devoid of shitskins due to being so far in the middle of the sea but i'd imagine there's thousands upon thousands of shitskin camping near the borders just waiting to be able to get forward.

Sleeping Dogs are fine GTA clone. Driving is dull but story was interesting.

I hear even Bosniaks hate Turks and Albanians - human trash.

Greece cracked under EU and they're built a Mosque in the capital but their capital is utter garbage. You should be fine outside of it though. The Greeks are particularly hostile towards refugees and they just send them off through their borders like we do. You should be okay user. Enjoy yourself!

Am Bosnian, can confirm.

Although there's a huge chunk of the population that thinks that the Turks are the best thing happened to the region. Stockholm Syndrome and all that (there were even ~30 or so people in the main square waving Turkish flags in support of Erdofuck when the military coup was underway).

My family's even Muslim, but you know, the ones that were here before the Turks introduced their peculiar brand off "peaceful practice".

Fucking subhuman thrash.

Bad enough we have to deal with insufferable self-hating white SJWs but self-hating gooks too? This isn't a blog, fuck off.

This is what will happen if people dont know their own History.

What we really need is more sexy delicious brown in vidya.

Oh, I know about their conquest of Bulgaria, our king died at Varna once. It's just that Bulgaria was special in that the Turks actually started living there, rather than just being administrators and robbers as they were in the rest of the empire, and they've stayed until today. Bulgaria is basically their worst victim.

Would annexing Macedonia help your demographics any, or would that increase the Mudslime percentage too?

A lot of the Macedonians are moving into here. If we could finally get Macedonia it would be great. I hear a lot of Albanians moved in there though and are trying to claim the land. Similarly with Greeks and Serbs.

Oh no, asian games make games that are asian. Don't those stupid asians know not to make games that asian? If only they obeyed us, their cultural betters, they wouldn't fall into the trap of having their own culture.

People here laugh at me when I tell them that there was once a Church of Bosnia and that Muslims and Christians lived among each other with no issues until the Turks came along.

It's disgraceful.

The Bogomilist one? Seems pretty cool, IIRC it was an early medieval anti-feudalism movement. Need source on when Islam first appeared in Bosnia, though.

But those games are made by Japanese companies,what the fuck he is talking about? Are they stereotyping themselves?
Why you don't talk about italian being all pizza and mafia or irish being drunk fucktards or eastern-european being drunk delinquents.
Also reminder:

MORE DIVERSITY=MORE BLACK

What are you Shia?Or the same one of Assad?I doubt wahaabiti or sunni can live with each-other with christians.

DYNASTY WARRIORS
WAS MADE BY ASIANS

This might be the dumbest article yet.

Anybody remember freddy wigger huang bitching about cultural appropriation? Asians should stay out of all social matters and focus on STEM. Their brains are wired different socially and aren't compatible.

That's the one. All online records I can find say that the country embraced Islam when the Ottoman empire invaded, and I have to admit the only source I have to the contrary is a fuck-old auto-biography book that described the life of some blacksmith in a small town prior to the Ottoman Empire coupled with the stories my grand parents told me of our heritage.

I got no fucking clue. What most people don't understand is that religion for normal people over here is more of a habit / cultural thing… like how most Christians "practice" Christmas just as an opportunity to meet up with family and get presents. Just like you might SOMETIMES attend church during a wedding / funeral or what have you, so would secular Muslims only visit mosques during those special occasions. Only really devout believers actually practice anything for real.

Westernized SJW asians are not asians, they are just wiggers.

That's not Anri Okita

She retired from Porn

FYI whiteys that's a Vietnamese name.
In Oriental society actual Asians are Chinese, Japanese or Korean. Vietnamese are looked upon as you folk look at niggers.

Who's this supposed middle-eastern villain, Hakkan or Rashid?

user you are great.

Wait, what? There's no such thing, just a collection of nations who hate each others' gu-
Oh, now I see. Japanese will look down on you more for being Chinese or Korean than Vietnamese m8.

Butt-hurt putainabobo detected.

And what about the other lesser azn countries? What's their role in the castes?

rerzo

No castes. To the Japanese, there's the Japanese and everyone else. To the Chinese, there's the Chinese and the Japanese and everyone else. To the Koreans, there's the Japanese and some kind of boiling self-hatred that approximates a national character. The rest of the nations pretty much distinguish Japan (hatred/source of income) and China (sabre-rattling dickheads and source of fckwit tourists), then everyone else.

Except Thailand. Thailand's a special case.

the same as viets, unless you're one of the 3 you're a nigger.

Chinese is Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singaporean. Mainlanders = Commie Scum.

Don't confuse the two.

Yo dawg Korea produces Pop Stars.

Chinese are mainlanders. Taiwan is Taiwan and Hong Kong is Hong Kong, no matter how China tries to pretend it had anything to do with making their societies non-shit. Just goes to show that Chinese can be made into something approximating civilised if subjected to a good bit of colonising.

Koreans, not so much.

Heh you don't know your history. All the Chinese that could, ran away from China to Taiwan and Hong Kong during WW2.

Theres two actual Chinas.
Peoples Republic of China (China)
Republic of China (Taiwan)

RoC fought the Japanese. During this time the commie scum decided to wage civil war at the same time. RoC lost and ran away to Taiwan "temporarily" to recover and then take back China. But that hasn't happened and we have the situation we have today.

Both are good guys.

Sure, if you want to split hairs. But everyone else now calls the RoC Taiwan (including most Taiwanese) and the PRC China. Mainlanders are Chinese, and considered lower than niggers. Those from Taiwan are Taiwanese and are bretty gud because they had the RoC elite settling plus the base Japanese colonial influence. Those from Hong Kong want you to shut up and get to the point, ditto the colonial influence from the British which is now drowning under a tide of niggerdom from the mainland.

Only western people call RoC Taiwan. Taiwan calls it self the RoC and so do a handful of other small countries who still recognize the RoC as sovereigns of China.

Because then they'll get triggered by seeing someone's pantsu or how the Japanese are racist to themselves for including Japanese stereotypes in their games.

I'd love these dicks to play Yakuza 3, just the side quest where the nigger abducts a schoolgirl and drugs you purely for the tears.

isn't asians represented in literally any japanese game except for metal gear?
i find that while anime people mostly look like white people, anime usually goes to great lengths to identify them as asian anyway, and the white people who are white in the anime/manga look weird

mei ling

You forgot Johnny and mei ling

Asians must be portrayed as white by Asian creators to help are colonialist western white agenda.

nigga johnny is white as shit

I meant as in Metal Gear is one of the few japanese games where almost all of the entire cast is asian
not as in they arn't represented at all
even though I said it in the post.
I'm stupid.

>all of the entire cast is asian
I fucked up again
*not asian

Why would anyone shoot a perfectly good loli in the mouth?

Last name is Sasaki and his grandfather was in Mgs 3. He is of Asian descent.

Johnny's grandfather was russian, retard

I'll never be able to read a story with Doom Cults the same way ever again. They are fucking real.

Shit, got that wrong. I'll retract my statement earlier, user.

Do you also have the one of the Vietnamese guy raging at some Chinese poster, calling him lower than a nigger and ironically saying "4000 years of culture"

what is cognitive dissonance

it's outlived it's purposes

So let me get this straight. An SJW american WHITE person is telling actual ASIANS how to make their games (Yakuza, Dynasty Warriors) that are targeted at them? What the fuck.

They're fucking crazy, mate.
They're offended on everybody's behalf.

Rise again you fucking pussies.

I imagine being a Doctor and stuff where you have a high chance of hurting yourself and then there's prostitution.

I dont care what random sjws have to say

these threads should be ban on sight at this point, they add nothing

Fighting over shit and laughing at enemies suffering brings Anons closer together.

I think people only think animu characters look white because they're so cartoony you can see what you want in them. Which is why black SJWs call any animu character with dark skin black, regardless of whether or not they are, because they see themselves in them.
The fact white people in anime look so odd is proof enough. That and that when they start going more into realistic anime territory, you get shit like the new FF characters, where they still have distinctly Asian facial features.

I do think it's hilarious seeing what Asians think white people look like when they draw them, though.

This. It's almost like some kind of shitty astroturfing campaign where the marketers fill the board with threads about their game regardless of the quality of discussion just so the game is out there being seen.

I think it was an Indonesian poster.
I wouldn't be surprised though since lot of us Viets back home and in the US hate China with a passion.

Too bad you're the niggers of Asia. Or is that the flips? Well, I guess they're the spics with all the migrant cheap labour and maids.

You're misunderstanding the whole "There is no such thing as bad publicity" quote.

You can divide bad publicity in two categories, objective and subjective. A game that has objectively bad publicity, where people talk about how broken the mechanics are, how buggy the gameplay is, how lackluster the VA, etc. isn't going to sell well because nobody wants to buy a shit product.

Subjective bad publicity works by making a product specifically make a demographic butthurt enough they'll spreg out and keep mentioning the aspects of the game that make them butthurt, and said aspects of the game are designed to appeal to another demographic, thus having the upset group provide free publicity for the product.

I agree with you, at least I can shitpost as WE WUZ CHARLIES AND SHIEET

What gets me every time is that these people who do the most complaining just do not play games. Its like they watched a trailer for Street fighter five and wrote this based on their first impression.

These people can't touch the game at least, they'll complain all they want but the devs will still listen to the fans.. right?

I have this feeling that you didn't read that book
right ?

Welcome to modern "journalism" 101.

Anything they can to stay relevant and inflate their own sense of self-satisfaction while feeding their lust for power to tell others how to think and what they should do.

But people should have pointed this out earlier
The article alone gives a new meaning to Yellow Journalism

I'm baffled.
This chink is a nigger.

It's obviously at an artists discretion who looks like what. If they want the character to be an American, or if they just want the character to look good that happens to be American.

ASIANS ARE UNREPRESENTED GUYZ!!!

But you don't understand user, all asian characters are villains, Vice told me so