McCain is getting the credit, but these women are the ones who really saved Obamacare

McCain is getting the credit, but these women are the ones who really saved Obamacare

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is grabbing headlines after he voted “no” on the Senate’s so-called “skinny repeal” bill to roll back Obamacare. McCain walked onto the Senate floor during the roll call and gave a thumbs down to the health care bill — prompting an audible gasp in the chamber.

Even though Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Susan Collins (R-ME) arguably played a more pivotal role in the bill’s demise, most major outlets are now hailing McCain as a hero.

Part of the attention may stem from the dramatic personal circumstances surrounding McCain’s return to the Senate. The Arizona senator came back to vote on health care just 10 days after a surgery for a blood clot that led to a diagnosis of brain cancer.

Still, before he cast his “no” vote, McCain actually helped advance this legislation. He voted in support to open debate on a bill that he derided his colleagues for calling “better than nothing.” He also gave a dramatic speech earlier this week condemning the fact that the discussions over the bill mostly happened behind closed doors while also making the contradictory claim that Democrats were equally culpable for the dysfunction.

After the bill failed early Friday morning, most headlines and reporters were focused on McCain, describing him as single-handedly saving Obamacare.

archive.is/gBRXY

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/07/16/gop-health-care-bill-vote-delay-john-mccain-surgery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Senate Delays Health Care Vote Following John McCain’s Surgery

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Saturday he will delay consideration of health care legislation in the Senate, after Sen. John McCain's announced absence following surgery left Republicans short of votes on their marquee legislation.

McConnell's announcement amounted to another setback for GOP efforts, promoted by President Donald Trump, to repeal and replace "Obamacare" after years of promises. McConnell issued his statement not long after McCain's office disclosed that he had undergone surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye, and had been advised by his doctors to stay in Arizona next week to recover.

With McConnell's health care legislation already hanging by a thread in the Senate with no votes to spare, McCain's absence meant it would become impossible for the majority leader to round up the votes needed to move forward with the bill next week as planned.

fortune.com/2017/07/16/gop-health-care-bill-vote-delay-john-mccain-surgery/

MGTOW pls go

The fact that they pretended to put up a fight until the second they could actually win, tells you everything you need to know about (((politics))) in this country.

They had six years.

They waited until McCain was able to vote, to vote . Why is that?

2 lesbian and a cuckold.

making of a sitcom there.

We all know spooks use rare and aggressive cancer to "take care" of problems in government officials they don't like.

Perhaps McCain knows or thinks his brain tumor is a result of the "good" deep state actors that helped get Trump elected.

Trump obviously warned McCain several times since his nomination.

And this bill was entirely teethless anyway. Really, not a full repeal, only a 'no more required mandatory tax'?

And it seems to be trying to full us back into the partisanship left/right duality again, with shaming mccuck and the two dykes into being 'true right wing'.

AKA, that this 'happening' is toted as a happening at all is an indication of a regression of the narrative back down to retard goy levels

McCucain is controlled opposition, always was.

it was his job to lose badly to obama and provide ineffective token resistance.

the same thing the mods of this board made Holla Forums Holla Forums into.

Donno what this has to do with them,but show us your nigger baby sinead.

OP, have any real data about that type of knife? All I find is kike bullshit. It's clearly a common agricultural tool (if made as a proper weapon you could stab with it too, and the glove would extend down the forearm for protection.) but I ask for a reason. I have dreamed of fighting with something similar since my first time holding a large iron square nail in my hand. I have also developed remembered? a fighting style for such a weapon, although I use two large iron spikes as I lack suck a glove, utilizing many punches and grappling techniques along with quick stabs to the face, throat, pelvis, diaphragm, and wherever is convenient, as well as locking the point into the back behind the shoulder. Could you find information on a militarized form of such a blade? It would be greatly appreciated.

That would have killed the entire thing though. Not that it won't collapse on its own anyway, but this would have allowed for a sort of controlled demolition rather than the catastrophic failure waiting a few years down the road.

That's a planned failure, they want Obama care to fail to implement Euro/single payer health care.

this could be used to cause some infighting between with neocons and neolibs.

Not gonna sage, this is huge.

I have the close to the exact same story as you, as soon as I read op I was disappointed it wasn't about the gloves. I started making a prototype sleeve/glove with a blade many years ago but it never went anywhere. Lately I've thought of building this; a matching set of glove knives that connect to opposite poles of a battery or generator, the staby mcshock glove I call it

(check'd)
I could probably manufacture an improved design for combat. Maybe even put the blade on a slide so it would look like a normal glove (assuming long sleeves are worn, because…) with an additional forarm guard so you could stop blades with the forearm without risk of injury. It would be considered a concealed weapon in any nation with such laws, but a damn concealed one at least.

Checked and heil'd

Chaos frog likes the idea. I'm going to start work on it again.

Good man. There are few things more important than to create something by your own hand. post up results on /tok/ if you ever finish it.

I'm in Maine and I don't really know what to do about Collins. I tried to drum up opposition in 2014, but it went no where. She's had that Senate seat since 96 in people up here always vote for the incumbent, no matter which party they're from.

Dig for a scandal, and should that fail, start up the rumor mill with plausible scandals as vaguely as possible. Whatever one gets publicly denied is the one you run with!