Well Known Fantsasy Games

So, I was thinking about this last night.
So Zelda, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are pretty prominent fantasy games for Japan. What would be the North American and European stand outs for normalfags in this genre of games? Witcher? TES? World of Warcraft? D&D engine based games (Baldurs Gate).

Just curious what you anons have to say on the matter.

RIP ELDRAZI

Is Chrono Trigger fantasy or Sci-fi?

Ultima maybe? I feel like Ultima crashed and burned though.

Veggietales? What the fuck are you doing here?
I would say both.

Bumping cause the Catalog is shit right now. Gothic would be a good series to mention, but it isnt popular. Which is lame.

Tolkien stuff. Orcs, elves, dwarves, etc.

It's very popular in slavland

Both.

Yeah, but what games would you direct those too. I have actually never played a Tolkien based game cause I always assumed they would be bad. The books are awesome, no matter what the haters say.

Return of the King was pretty good.

Yeah, it was good. The Hobbit is still the best.
I mean, I have tried other fantasy books.
Malazan was pretentious "progressive" bullshit
Wheel of Time was dry, boring, and the characters were so empty. I mean I know Tolkien didn't really write females well, but Jordan takes the cake.
Sword of Ice and Fire is a fucking joke.
I do love Narnia for a light read.

I assume you are talking about the books. I was saying that the Return of the King game was good.
I often pick books up, get about a half or two thirds of the way through and drop them. Still need to finish the Hobbit.

Oh, my mistake.

Ultima Series, SSI/TSR Goldbox, Dragonflight, Amberstar, Ambermoon, Albion, Faery Tale Adventure, Dungeon Master 1 & 2, Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2, Might & Magic (World of Xeen etc) and Heroes of Might and Magic, Lands of Lore, Nordland-Trilogie, The Elder Scrolls, Stonekeep
should all be pretty Normalfag tier
atleast here in Germany
t. Normalfag

I wish The Elder Scrolls didnt got the way of the mouthbreather. I have been playing the series since the beginning and once Oblivion came out I knew it was all over. I still love the Lore. Morrowind was a really good game in my youth.

I also have never touched the Ultima series.

bamp

Wesnoth is pretty much the best Tolkien-esque game.

dead board

I wish this was more common. On the other hand being common would make it less haunting.
What games are doing this? SOTC would kinda fill, but not really, since all colossi are confined to their areas and are not optional. And they aren't even that big. Like ten times smaller than in this pic.

Fantasy.

Proper sci-fi settings have strict sets of rules, which worlds follow. And real world logic on top of that. Usually it's one or two things that are fantastical, like new source of energy, or higher-level integration of flesh and machinery, the rest usually follows real life logic.

While in fantasy happens whatever plot demands, nothing is explained and you can cut huge monsters with metal swords and still somehow kill them.

I'd say TES, but Dwarf Fortress always struck me as a better embodiment of Western Fantasy. TES is still cool and has great lore, but I can't see normalfags getting into Dorf Fort.

Remove yourself, negro

honestly, just go read shit like Conan, for the genre it's top tier

Fuck Tolkien, bastard helped kill high fantasy.