ARPG General Thread 4: COMFY FARMING EDITION - Anyone Try Out Arena Mod Yet?

New ARPG General.

POST COMFY BUILDS

POST COMFY LOOT

POST COMFY PETS

So I finished veteran with my overlevelled tank build (Going into BoC for the outcast quest actually raised my level from 52 to 55). Poor old Loggy didn't stand a chance. I don't think I should had wasted my anti-chaos facial cream on him. Currently with dyrad's blessing and my stats in decorated soldier, I'm officially completely immune to bleed and poison DoT because they get shut down after 1 second. Elemental magic resistance and poison resistance are all set for elite thanks to devotion. I'm going to get cleansing waters with my next devotion point and start debuffing enemies and shit is going get real then.

Also thanks Loggy for dropping the Empowered Blazing Boots that my rioter was hoping to get. I have been using the same shoes for him since level 13.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimcalc.com/build/PTaDh73
grimcalc.com/build/6rqUZIE
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/14
mega.nz/#F!G1NzABAa!T_bLKG-xbTrxJnY3rBR07w
grimcalc.com/build/hVXBgrC
pathofexile.com/atlasofworlds
dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php
d2region.com/images/guides/kalans/calcs/drop_calc.html
onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=62a0996b3ae76dc0&page=view&resid=62A0996B3AE76DC0!68314&parId=62A0996B3AE76DC0!68312&authkey=!ABJ5MHrBo7gPaoA&app=Excel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is grim meme actually fun or is it just another poe Holla Forumsmeme

It's actually pretty fun. Especially when weird ass builds that should kick ass just werks.

Here's my tank build for anyone who's interested. Devotions included.
grimcalc.com/build/PTaDh73

Diablo 3 has the best combat in the genre. The actual act of killing things. Sucks in many other categories though.

This is fucking stupid

4 blues of which none are even for my class

Meant to say shouldn't kick ass

Also screwed up on grimcalc.

Here's proper.
grimcalc.com/build/6rqUZIE

rpg is cancer

Reminder that Grim Dawn has mods.

At least it's better than my tank atm. His endgame weapon is a giant spiky skully mace and DIY shield with weird spiky bits.

My other character though

We showing of how retarded our characters look? okay then
tfw playing a pet master

dude, your guy has a short neck.

Also, assault pauldrons comes with a fur cape. Try getting one of those with pet stats instead.

that is pretty neat.

i feel like indoors areas would be a pain in the ass though

it's ok-ish, my complains are the last boss being a joke, the massive re-use of assets, most armors look awful, the "upgrade the keep" is quickly dropped( i prefer ONE main HUB than several useless cities and villages) drop rates and lack of scenery and enemy variety.

I'll make a webm of an indoors place soon.

Lack of scenery? I dunno, I installed this camera mod just so I could go through ruins looking at things better. Old Arkovia looks pretty nice to me.

looks has not to do with this. most of the game is swaps, ruins and caves, hell Titan Quest had far better scenery variety with plains, deserts, mountains, ruins, villages, cities, caves, temples, underworld and more. its not terrible but it got very tiresome after "act 3".

Yeah, it does. Don't forget "mountain ruins" and "giant forest"!

Depends, do you like really stat heavy loot based rpgs? The kind of rpgs that make a statistician cum? If so then yes. It's nothing new, just a good game. Pic related.

You can't even do it without sacrificing a fucking item slot.
I mean, I still kick reasonable amounts of ass, but fuck.

The inevitable expansion better give the Demolitionist a gunslinger equivalent of the Nightblade's dual-wielder row.

Also, I think my 24hr captcha is trying to tell me something.

Is it really "sacrificing" an item slot if all the items that bestow dual gunslinging also make you better at shooting things?
I am bummed out that it's not a skill for one of the classes, but it's plenty strong as is.
Perhaps one of the modded classes would help you with that?

The item I use to allow me to use dual pistols is the relic, Plunderer's Talisman.
The speed and total damage bonuses are nice, but the focus on elemental is pretty off-putting for someone like me, who is exclusively fire and chaos. I feel like Oblivion would be a far better addition to my build.
Then there's the relic power, Volley. Sure, it's good when it procs, but it's barely different from any skill in the Nightblade dual-wield tree and there's no reason it shouldn't be among Pyromancer's passive skills.
Then there's the fact that, despite being attachable to devotion powers, Volley doesn't affect the proc chance. So if you got a devotion power that has a 15% base chance to proc and you attach it to Volley, which has a 5-10% chance to proc, you'll practically never see your devotion power activate.
It's procs within procs and it's a load of fuck.

Yeah, it's not perfect. I have no idea why they didn't include a gunslinger skill tree in someone's class tree, but maybe they'll do it later or something. We can only hope.
In other news, the camera works pretty well inside. I've seen mods that quadruple the range of your projectiles, I wonder how well that would work with this for ranged characters?

I imagine Homestead will fuck you over.

But if it doesn't, I guess it's a solid mod.

Oh yeah, probably. You can change the pitch of the camera and, supposedly, how much you can zoom in and out. I just have the pitch locked to something that sort of hides the fact that there's no sky and the draw distance isn't really meant for this angle. I can't get the zoom settings to change, as far as I can tell the setting in the ini doesn't work.
It's pretty customizable, if someone could figure out the zoom, then it would be even better.

I would absolutely love to go through this area from right over my character's head or something. But I'm a conjurer, I don't really need to see what's going on around me all the time.

I pass this captcha after fucking every 3 min.

Pssh

U wot m8?
How long did you spend farming Darius in Elite?

I completed Ultimate and I still have like 5K infamy to go.

Also, I'm quite sure the teleport skill does mostly cold damage, so get those resistance augments, lad.

Not too long, can get like 800 rep a run of the hills+actual mines in less than 10 minutes. I farmed fabius in elite for blueprints and a few legendaries.

Then he shows up in ultimate and one shots my ass.

It also helps that for vet-elite I did a lot of coop with a friend, which makes a fuck ton of monsters spawn.

I wish the game had its equivalent of Diablo's "/players X" command.

Because there's already I found chest, gloves, belts, medals and relics that automatically let you dual pistols.and they benefit heavily off your already existing attack mods (especially savagery, holy shit a full level savagery gunslingers is something to behold).

But still yeah, a gunslinger class would be nice.

That was my argument, but still.

Do you have any hardcore characters in the mid-late 30s? We could play together unless you're a pirate

I only have one max level character and a bunch of lvl 6s to mule all the epics and legendaries.
Not a pirate, but we won't be playing.

Speaking of mules, though…
ARPG makers respect Diablo II so much that they can't stop repeating its mistakes.
Imagine all the tedium you'd be spared if you had all the space to keep all that rare shit without ever having to worry whether you'd have to get rid of them or make a mule character to keep them.
NOBODY would miss the limits, just as NOBODY misses having to mess with identification/town portal scrolls.

There are no memes in Grim Dawn. What the fuck are you talking about?

Any vidya that has regular threads is a meme game now.

There's a mod that turns your 4th tab on your shared stash basically into a shared XML file or something or other for unlimited storage.

For that guy wondering about Homestead, it is… mostly navigable. You've gotta turn the camera a bit, but it's not that hard, and I like the view from the guard posts a lot.

Of course there is, and that's my point.
If there's so much demand for unlimited storage that players mod it in themselves, why don't the creators just make it a vanilla feature?

Because that triggers autism and makes the demolition feature obsolete.

Huh, I never really realized it, but all of these weird slabs I've been seeing throughout the game are actually murals of Dreeg. I found the Guardian of Dreeg by this one, and now that I can see all the eyes it's pretty obvious what it is.

There's stonefaces of all the 3 witchgods dreeg, bysmael and Solael scattered all around the world and one shrine to modrogen (who is the only god confirmed to still visit Cairn, the witchgods have long left the guardian to take care of their temple and the other god ahem kymon is a convulated twist).

Oleron, Ulzuin and Menhir are confirmed to be YMVH tier (this explains why there's less magic involved in soldier, which can be sufficiently explained with faith instead of magic and SCIENCE of occult related shit for demolitionist), aetherials are ayylmaos from another dimension that is studied by arcanists like a science and cthonians are basically old ones seperated by a dimensional rift that are often contacted by occultists.

So it's pretty safe to assume the expansion will probably involve heading to Erulan to wipe out the aetherials, right?

Probabaly has something to do with rescuing ulgrim if bad tier game story writing is anything to go by

I don't see how those are mutually exclusive.

Ulgrim got cucked into the Aetherial rift.

You're probably going to fight ascended Ulgrim and kill him to rescue the new Emperor who Ulgrim rescued and stashed away from the capital

Yeah, but where does it lead? Somehow, I think it's probably in the ruins of the capital city, where the apocalypse was pretty much ground zero.

There's lore in the game and talking to Inquistor CREEEEEEEEEEEED!! that reveals that Ulgrim and him buddy copped to rescue the Black Legion from total collapse. But before that, while Creed was sitting in Krieg's basement dungeon, Ulgrim was already killing aetherial possessed, starting from the Emperor himself and ferried the Prince out of Erulan to "a safe place" I suspect Ulgrim is being kidnapped to be cattle prodded so the aetherials can biochip the new Emperor and just claim humans won the Grim Dawn with Aetherial possessed all sitting at the top and ruling over humans. If the lore is correct, you would only head to the capital city AFTER killing ayylmao-ed Ulgrim and rescuing the new emperor

Ayy, a fellow lorefag. Nice to see.
I'd rather not kill him, but there's not much left for him to do, I suppose.

I hate you so fucking much

That's nice, user.

Also i found it funny that krieg completely cucked his ayy. The krieg you fight is distinctly his human persona rather than the aetherial who possessed him. You can tell by how the lore written by other aetherials suggest that they can mind link to krieg at all and blaming the distance of burrwitch for that.

I mean they cannot mindlink to krieg.

I always interpreted his entries as a hint that aetherials might not always have as much of a grip over their hosts as they think. Not to say that they can control their aetherial, but they can have a certain degree of influence over its personality.
Krieg was a nasty fucker before he was possessed, and it only exacerbated those tendencies.

Emperor completely beat back his ayy long enough to tell ulgrim to kill him and purge the higher ups. From the lore Emps is supposed to be a pretty high level warrior though.

Also i dont think having ayys increases tendencies. The ayy in krieg was tasked to collect corpses, not run a horror show dungeon filled with missing citizens.

Eeeeeh, horror show dungeons tend to make a lot of corpses as a byproduct.

Krieg was already disappearing prisoners from the prison before he got ayyed. That was the reason the other ayy written that the krieg ayy was assigned to possess him to instead keep those prisoners for more possessions. Instead ayyed krieg proceed to disappear people in burrwitch and attracted the attention of the inquisition, which leads to creed journal entry number 1

Oh, duh, making more corpses is different from collecting them. Aetherials prefer them alive, don't they?

That's why Darius Crowley was an successful ayylmao while Krieg was a cuck

How is Krieg a cuck if he has control over his aetherial?

I meant ayylmao krieg (we don't actually know the ayy's name because when they sent letter to Krieg, they were using their human names)

Ah, I see.
Was Crowley even that possessed?

Yeah he was, remember the crystal he was growing in his room like it was ayyweedlmao? Krieg didn't have that. Ayys are supposed to act like their human host once they get the possession done with the exception of getting ready for the grim dawn on the side. The bloodsworn knew what the ayys were up to and were making their own preparations for their own shoah to revive loggy by recruiting/kidnapping more people to be sacrifices to summon high level cthonians into Cairn. There was lore about their battle strategies to bring in the harbingers when the ayys rolled out th grim dawn. The capital was likely felled by an all out war between the ayys and the cthonians.

Hardcore characters would seriously benefit from multiplayer

Can they not play multiplayer?

They can, but you are on Holla Forums where unless a tribes like event happen and we set out to beat reddit silly, no one teams up

Bruh, this game costed $25 new. They had to cut corners somewhere.

If I pulled those crystals off, would you die?

with friendly fire

Is that a thing? I guess no one will want to partner with my rioter then since all i do is toss molotov and flashbang into a room and run away. I then fire my fire lazor at anyone who makes it out of the room alive

>tfw no discussion about soldak ARPG games

What? You haven't signed up for their completely free newsletter?

Who do they think they are, Spiderweb Software?

Actually… I think they might. Just for weird Diablo clones instead of hardcore CRPGs.

user what are you doing with that?

Kymon dont exist you know?

Never Forgetti MPC4utubes review of Grim Dawn.

TL GAmer?

Yep. hes back.

does exanima count as an ARPG?

If only there was a way to put his retard lisp into an image.

he also cant sign up to a forum.

"Elemental" damage is just 1/3 Fire, 1/3 Cold and 1/3 Lightning.
Flame Touched gives extra fire damage and a percentage increase to lightning, while Fire Strike is, well, fire and has a node for lightning damage(Static Strike).

Seems to me like it'd work just fine, really.

It's a joke review

What makes you say that?

I'm more worried about what happens when you either meet something with the unstoppable tag, or plain high elemental resist.

What are you planning for defense and contigency? Vindicative flame is decent but really hard to pull off without a proper HP pool and is a huge point sink while Arcanist's MSP only reduces damage by 10%. Not enough when you're fighting against boss type monsters with immunity to stun, and a constant DoT over your HP regen (though vindicative flame will help immensely there).

Are you planning to go full rifle with mortar emplacements since you have focus on lightning too?

Uh… shoot them before they hit me?

Oh, you're forgetting that Flametouched also increases physical damage at higher levels. Between that and Arcane Will, I should be pumping out plenty of damage no matter what.

So I made my first toon in Sacred 2, she's a dryad.

I don't get it though, >add skill to rune

Am I going to have to wait mintues before using a simple skill late game?

Hey, it's not my build.

Though, I guess the defense criticism applies to me, as well.
I'm a Fire/Chaos-focused glass cannon gunslinger Pyromancer and I survive through life leech gained from Ghoul(maxed) and Revenant(only the first star) constellations and my Deviltongue pistol.

As for whether they can resist me, well…
Even the chaos-focused Cthonics fall in seconds.

My life is a constant dance between "they're dead before they even got close" and "kill them before they kill you" situations, but I enjoy the gamble.

OH, I forgot
Sure, it's hard to get all of them at once, but it's not like I HAVE to do that.

Pumping out just plenty of damage isn't survivable. You want to make a glass cannon build that works, you either lifesteal like crazy or you start dying when the enemy starts having hp pools beyond your dps or you're stuck fighting a boss in a cramped place and he goes sanic 8 seconds out of every 10. Direct DPS can't hit things in mid warp. DoT can

Wait for one shot teleport's behind you enemys.

I guess I'll pick up the Ghoul constellation on my way to the Torch, then.
I'm not really expecting to make it to the end. I mean, that's the goal, but I've done 4 or 5 hardcore characters and my conjurer got the farthest, upon which point I went full retard trying to take down the Guardian of Solael.
Too much fucking lifesteal for me, I should've kept running the first 3 times I retreated.

I don't recall ever having much trouble with "Voidtouched" heroes, but the ghosts that do that used to be a huge problem before I realized they did Cold damage.
80% resistance and it's all good.

Not sure how I'd fare against Fabio, though.

Wait a minute, what about Maiven's Sphere? Isn't that supposed to be any arcanists' bread and butter?

He covered it here

Anyone else unable to go back to softcore after playing hardcore?

I have tried hardcore and I'm to much of a casul I like to watch my mongolian cave drawings while farming kinda of guy, also the fact that I like glass canons builds, respect for people who can get into endgame in hardcore thou

How do you read the subtitles at the same time as playing?

My build is doing so much better now.

I nearly died and was struggling to kill so I decided to re spec a few things.

Its been working like a charm so far.

Looking for suggestions. I would like to try and complete Ultimate.

Right now I'm playing a pet master build so I just click pet attack in general vecinity of the enemy and let my briarthorn do the job and then walk into a chaos dot area and die with attack build just left the right button pressed and everthing explodes (cadence gunslingers and pyromancers fucking rock)

Why not have your pets on agressive?

Too much of a sperg to even consider trying HC.
YOLO'ing against unreasonable odds and dying over and over to see if it's REALLY impossible is part of my gameplay style.

Because the AI it's retarded, if you use aggressive the pets all dart in different directions attacking whatever they see, with pet attack you ensure they at least are working against the same pack, in ultimate that actually kinda of necessary

My pets always seem to prioritize enemies im attacking

Nice touch.

Pets are generally hit or miss, I have seen them go the opposite way from where I'm attacking and pull another pack that I wasn't even looking at, but when they work? oh boy do they work

What's your stats like user? Forcewave builds definitely benefit from cunning because it raises your damage bonus overall and shit gets really real after you start criting all over the place.

pretty low, i started just focusing on psychique

>Bysmiel is supposedly a goddess
If it's anything like the real thing, Solael had quite a peculiar taste in women.

Whoops, forgot pic.

So… you telling me Solael would be a regular at >>>/monster/

wrong, you got the order mixed up

that is monster head, human body therefore its disgusting

Iirc your build needs 850 physique to wear end game gear, try gaining some cunning soon

Is she a big goddess?

Does she work for the CIA?

Looking to play through Grim Dawn as a gunslinger. Not sure what classes to pick though. Any suggestions?

One of them should definitely be Demolitionist.

Alright started out as a Demolitionist. Looks like occultist or arcanist is the typical secondary class?

No go soldier and sword and board. You know you want to be a paladin of fire and heavy artillery support

For everyone who's been going NECROMANCER WHERE, here he is. It's just a mod, but if it means anything, I can vouch by this guy's Skyrim mods that he's pretty good.
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/14

Started a new character after completing Ultimate mode with my previous one. This time I'm using some mod that allows suffixes and affixes to epics and legendaries, boosts your moving speed by 50% and up in some items (one time I found boots with 200% speed, shit's insane), spawns tons of monsters and heroes and that kind of stuff, just to mess around. Is Crucible Mode worth a pirate?

Okay, now that I've actually had a look at it, if you've got a boner for pet classes, you might want to give it a shot. You can summon a warrior, an archer, and a lich, and you've got bone armor and the classic bone lance.

Or maybe I'm finishing Ultimate and then re-rolling I'm just so close

How much XP do you think I'd get from killing it?

I think I have made a terrible mistake

RIP Devils Crossing.

Got a neat ring. The ring doesnt seem all that great.
But I assume with that set effect it must be useful in builds set up for cold.

Be sure to post an update every month, I'm really curious about that too, user.

you done goofed son

I normally don't do this, but those numbers are too sweet to pass up.

And you done gone got yourself a nice get.

Dayum

Aint nothing wrong with checkin' em every now and again. Too many great digits go unappreciated on this board.

I couldn't stand it. Most of the skills are lame. The pets are lame. And the graphics while not muddy, are far away from crisp and everything just blends into shades of green and brown. The itemization is great though.

Victor Vran is the only ARPG with good combat. And the clickfest that most have mimicked from Diablo 2 is the cancer killing the genre. It doesn't have the pacing issues that most ARPGs have, where everything before level cap just seems to be the prelude to endgame (which makes for the worst fucking possible balance since shit like TL2 assumes that when you get a skill you can instantly pump it up to 15). I also like how it removes pretty much all concepts of character progression and stat investment. Instead you just get cards and powers that you mix and match on the fly. So you can have one strong build, find a boss/fight where it doesn't work so good, then just go home and figure out a lineup of weapons and passive skills that work better. Most of the ARPGs I played were just 'whats the most DPS+survival that works in the majority of cases' since you need one build that can work in every possible situation.

My favorite ARPG though is definitely dins curse/zombasite. Finding a monster so big its shins are above the camera, killing it after half an hour, and then raising it and using it to wipe the floor with literally everything else in the dungeon was the most fun I've had in an ARPG. I just wish there was a mod that let me raise named enemies since those are the ones I really want and even elite enemies that you raise get wiped out by them.

I want an ARPG based around large scale combat. So there can be a demon summoner class where you have mass destruction hellfire spells to kill hundreds of enemy units, and thousands of imp/devil summons. Or the obvious necromancer that literally FLOODS the enemy with skeletons. Or there can be stupid sexy barbarian that plays out the whole 'guts killing a hundred soldiers on his own' scene except cranked up to a hundred. I think a big part of it would not be turning it into something like dynasty warriors where the mooks are largely irrelevant and the only thing that matters are the elites.
Something like an ARPG largely modeled after Dominions 4 units and spells would be very cool.

Finally someone else on here actually played those games.

I feel it.
Lets play user.
Lets make zombasite babies.

You forgot to include how toxic the community is and how people on the forums don't explain what certain abbreviations mean and therefore if you disagree with me your a fucking idiot and the developers are stupid.

It's always good to see an appreciation for those digits

This just dropped, holy shit I had completely forgotten to check my rings since like elite, I really need to see what are my options for rings

Too busy levelling my Warden/Dark Templar. I figure the ridiculous auras from DT combined ith Spirit Strike and the shield bash will make for some fun times.

i really like that ring

After I finish with my Grim Dawn shenanigans, I'll give Zombasite and Din's Curse a try, they sound extremely interesting.

They're definitely not for everyone. Zombasite is a bit better in the graphics department but they're both hideous and have questionable sound design. But I hope you can look passed that and enjoy it as much as I did.

They're not much to look at, but have some very interesting concepts and the gameplay isn't too bad. Zombasite, for example, is like 30% politics to avoid getting rekt, 50% scavenging and looting for gear (questing and fighting too), 10% managing all the fucking crazy people you need to hire to keep your clan running and defended and 10% making sure you don't accidentally fuck yourself over on that world somehow and possibly create lasting damage on your clan or even have to abandon. I have personally lost 20+ member clans because dudes got infected and went nuts, then because my clan strength went down all the little guys who I was planning to kill (because they hated me) started raiding me.

Din's Curse has a smaller scope, wherein you have to save a town from monsters who live in a huge dungeon underneath it. I personally feel that the quests and successes/failures have more of an impact in DC, but it also lacks the diplomacy and fine-management of Zombasite.
If you wanna try DC, feel free to use my copy. mega.nz/#F!G1NzABAa!T_bLKG-xbTrxJnY3rBR07w

So this dropped, apparently there's a secret quest involving that woman in homestead, I don't really know if I should follow a guide.

Apparently all the Prophecy stuff in PoE is getting added to the main game as is, which I guess is a good thing.

Anyone got a cracked verison of Zombasite?

You're already halfway past the most ridiculous quest chain in the game

I was just trying to get to nemesis with the chthonians man and getting some sweet dros from the boss in that area

But the drop rate of silver coins is lowering, which means that investing in silver coins to sell later might be a good idea.

Do universal steam cracks still exist? I can try to crack mine but with kat ded it's hard to find stuff.

Now the genocide crusade truly begins.

Here's my "fuck them up before they fuck you" Pyromancer gunslinger.
grimcalc.com/build/hVXBgrC

Suggested order:

Suggested Devotion skill linking:

With a bit of kiting and the right resistances, even Ravna isn't much.

Have you seen molotov with a whole body suit of on hit proc gear? I was shitting fireballs out of every orifice I have.

What a kick in the dick for all those mad about the lack of a Necromancer mastery.

Anyway, it seems like it'd go great with the Revenant's devotion skill.
Might make a pet build focused on this.

Also, it just hit me.

I meant Rashalga, the Mad Queen, the hidden boss in Bysmiel's shrine on the Hidden Path quest.

Keep in mind that won't proc off of pet kills. Only your kills.

THAT GOES AGAINST THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE FUCKING ITEM

How counter-intuitive.

Someone should run this by the devs, along with the probability of devotion procs on proc "skills", like Volley.

It's the same with Black Scourge in
Those 2 items are more for hybrid pet builds, or pet builds with a solid nuke. I use acid bomb and level 1 Dreeg's eye so I rarely proc summon pet on kill.

I think they do, but don't take my word for it. Just from some anons in the past that have done it a lot.

Turns out the way to farm crucible is to know when you're pushing your limits and claim the reward while staying alive. I was killed two times near level 120 and my loot was akin to the earlier user, which was really bad. Giving up at 100 instead landed me this.

There's also another reason to go crucible. If you don't spend your arena currency on defense emplacements or blessings, you can actually exchange 25 of them (you get about 35 from finishing 100 rounds) for a devotion point.

Holy fuck what's the limit?

If you done all the shrines in the game, it tallies up to 50 max, which is the limit you get. Going crucible lets you finish up your build first before finishing ultimate theoretically.

Yeah, I processed it like that after posting.

Bummer.
I'd love to get more stars on the Revenant.

HALT

I seem to have found a bit of a workaround for summoners who rely mainly on their pets to do damage, but don't attack enough to make use of items that spawn guys on attack.
Just find the shittiest rinky dink pistol available to you and use that to attack. For abilities, just assign devotions to spells that hit lots of guys and never level it up. Your minions should be doing so much more damage than you that you barely draw any aggro even while you fire away nonstop.
>tfw 5 minions

Well I just got to 85 still missing some resistances and some items to complete this build, time to farm nemesis I guess and get black legion to revered
Still soon will be time to try another build

Can someone give me build with which i will complete this shit game and wont sweat too much?

I actually would be 100% okay with talking about din's curse as I just got into it and am enjoying the crap out of it.
Any suggested classes or builds?
Is there any way to stop townspeople from fighting, because as it is I just go back and heal them both until they stop.

Honestly the hybrids are so diverse I have no idea. Defender/Magician is a really good build if you level it right because plate armor + spells + teleport = hard to kill. To stop people from fighting you can often donate to them, which improves their mood. Make sure nobody is starving or in debt and you'll have a lot less trouble.

Playing rioter right after playing my tanks should never be repeated again. My rioter died to poison becausr i for some reason thought a caster could stand on a cloud of poison and acid and shrug it off like a tank. Well that makes 4 deaths by modrogen and one by dead riftbug poison gas

Made conflagaration relic for my rioter though. Holy shit the fire beam is absolutely brilliant. Flashbang and molotov to proc fissure to somewhat lock the boss in place, press down 2 to fire all lazors and watch boss die in less than 5 seconds

Is there such a thing as magic find in Grim Dawn?

Explain what the term means mechanically?

A stat that makes more rare items drop, maybe more currency?

Don't think it does, but most bosses have a guaranteed drop on first kill

Oh but there's pinata spawns. Some containers or kills will drop unexplainable good loot and loads of money

No, and thank fuck for that.

Having to balance MF and combat potential was one of the worst things about the itemization in Diablo II.

Hmm, Sacred 2 is really FUN, thanks whoever recommended it to me here, I played sacred underworld before but compeltely forgot about the sequel

I think I made my toon really OP at least for now,

sry for bad img quality i only uploaded the 5MB png and it downgraded it hard, forgot to actually save the image itself

Played Sacred 2 immediately after finishing Sacred + the expansion. Combat felt really slow and clunky, how did they manage to fuck up such a simple formula?

Picked up summoner build but i feel my pets are somehow weak. What items should i pick? Does 10% attack speed apply to the pets too?

Yeah the combat does feel really clunky, the game also seems to become less fun now as it goes on

And the same engine they used in sacred 1, my god how unoptimized that piece of shit is, and it only uses a single core as well.

If GD no, items with pet bonuses are listed as such

How is sacred 3?
I got it on off a humble bundle but I don't know if its worth playing.

I heard it's shit, like generally just shallow and boring. Never tried it though because it's huge and my internet is slow.

Had Fire Strike maxed out, followed your advice and respeced to max out explosive strike. Groups are dying left and right now. Thanks

Same reaction I had when they revealed Dungeon Siege 3.

I have a similar gunslinger build, and after messing around with different skills to see what I would like to use for devotion procs I found out that every single hellfire mine carries it's own procs and cooldowns.

So say if you got lucky, you could throw out 6 mines, and have all of them trigger their own meteor showers.

Worth playing around with.

No problem.

Now why the fuck didn't I think of that?
I recently switched my Mines from Fissure to Flame Torrent because the 15% chance wasn't high enough for it to proc often enough to be satisfactory.
I'll go check how they do with Meteor Showers.

Well, it was good on heroes and bosses such as Kilrian.

Guess it's staying there.

Test it in the crucible.

Will they ever make crucible worth vile?
It was hyped up as ENDLESS MOBS FOR ENDLESS LOOT
And farming any fucking area in the game itself is better loot for same time

Well, you can get legendary without spending skeleton keys and get devotion points?

Its not worth

Devotion points. Enough autism and you can finish your devotion build before just right before fighting ultmate loggy for a newer character

And I got a legendary from ending at wave 100.

Also I thought the devs said the crucible only had 150 stages. There's more?

Also devs said they are looking to add more high level epic sets. And the next key dungeon is a city occupied by aetherials. Possibly erulan?

Its expansion.

SweatingDobson.jpeg

Wishlist:
-Chaos
-Fire
-Pyromancer Gunslinger focus
Please Santa Crate.
The expansion is gonna be set in either south of Devil's Crossing(there's a broken bridge and a sign that says "Old Grove") or north of Burrwitch(there's a broken bridge in East Marsh and pic related at the top of the map).

If we're lucky, it's gonna be both.

Here no High Level Aether/blood/ Mele or ranged epic sets

The XP gain and the time it takes to get loot and you're not even guaranteed legs, and they're almost always complete garbage, it's just not worth to do crucible right now except to benchmark your toon

What difficulty were you on?

Not arguing for or against the Crucible, but I can't imagine Aspirant being very rewarding when the other two exist.

pathofexile.com/atlasofworlds
IT'S HAPPENING

oh good even more items, so the odds of getting non shit can be even lower!
Also oh boy maps! the best part of the PoE experience

How does this work? IS this viable for end game?

But the chances of getting shit items don't affect your chances of getting the good ones unless you're chancing shit, what sort of logic is this?
Agreed

Please, there's no real way to force drops, even in Uber Lab I still get fucking shiverstings sometimes.
The item distribution is awful

More shit affixes to choose from = less chance to get good affixes

Lay mines, throw Canister Bomb, Curse and dual-pistol barrage the mooks out of this reality.

Pretty basic.
Standard and most Hero mobs in Ultimate die in moments, but some Bosses can be a gamble depending on whether you can make good use of your life leech, skills and surroundings.
I cleared the final boss and downed many Nemeses without dying, so I guess it's safe to call it viable.

It's a glass cannon build, though, so you're squishy as fuck and might have to do some resistance management to not be one-shotted in some places.

What build would you reccomend to newbie shit like me? I just want to stand and deal damage. Something very very lazy.

But the new affixes introduces are craftable only, can't naturally roll on items.

Except when the base item pool is bloated it makes it harder to get the "passable" tiers of items

I don't think any build can let you cheese Ultimate.
The build I laid out should allow you to breeze through Normal just fine, but I don't think I can help you much on higher difficulties.
Never been one for tankier classes.

I don't understand.

A simple robe vs a savants robe.
They could have the same pre/suf but one's going to be flat better.
By bloating the base item pool, you're more likely to get the "minion damage bonus helm" or other nonsense than a actually good base item with said mods you want

Why is everything have a reflect and bleed resist?

Ah, yes, agreed, low level bases should stop dropping once you're like 2 difficulties ahead, it's just shit. The new bases are pretty neat and I would use both of them on some builds, especially the helm.

Yeah, I mean I usually don't have a problem with it, but in PoE because mods matter so damn much it just makes it feel that much more grind.
Then again I just dislike PoE's endgame in general, it's easily the worst part of the game hands down

Because there's plenty of skills already with bleed resist debuffs.

Also, heroes and bosses come with resistance to %hp damage and reflect.

Warder (Shaman+soldier), savagery or Primal Strike based doesn't really matter. With defensive devotions like turtle, behemoth, Tree of Life, and taking the god that is wendigo totem skill.

You get decent damage with a million heals and safe guards.

It's just a pity primal strike doesn't have the vitality morph lightning totems have (they should add that morph really to make the skill more consistent with shaman lore), or else you're going to start seeing builds of Warders with wendigo totems that actually do substantial damage.

Not a single Shrine gave me a Legendary.

I have two of that shield though, so not really jelly.

Is it possible to know what kind of weapons/armor monsters drop? I need to know if certain hero creature will drop this item for me.

yes, with a drop rate calculator
dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php
d2region.com/images/guides/kalans/calcs/drop_calc.html
they're not hard to find

ty very very much

What must play ARPGs are there?
I have only really played PoE, but I will have a lot of free time at uni with my laptop this year, and an ARPG seems like a good choice of game to kill time between classes.

Titan Quest Immortal Throne is good (really really shit start thought)
Grim dawn is good
Diablo 2 is the quintessential ARPG.

What this guy said

Downloading Titan Quest. I haven't played it since like 2012.
Is there anything with a long range constant beam type spell with high dps, low AoE?
I want that for some reason.

Sacred + Underworld.

no such luck unfortunately you can go shotgun mage though.
which is actually stupidly good, tri-shot too strong.

Grim Dawn was made by the Titan Quest guys and has that sort of spell.
It's also a better game in general. Doesn't inherit many of TQ's failures.

TQ misses out on terms of sheer content and stupid builds though.
Also less synergy between trees in general than TQ

err replace the first line's TQ with GD
leave the second line as is

TQ has more content, sure, but it's so stretched out that it feels kinda empty in comparison to GD.

And I feel quite the opposite about builds. Skills and passive bonuses in GD have a range of effects that give space for other masteries to complement them, while trees in TQ are focused on a single theme and don't seem to consider other masteries.

I can pick any 2 masteries and have some type of synergy in there, not so much the case with GD. Where when it synergies it does so better, but Demolitionist is pretty much just forgotten about.

Why are no arpgs on the level of dungeon siege 1/2 when it comes to secrets?
I like grim dawn but I still run into the problem with almost every other arpg where I can only play for so long before the boredom of killing endless waves of shit sets in, DS has this perfect flow fighting and exploring secrets, and because the secrets are complex they actually require thought and time.

Demolitionist covers Fire, Lightning, Physical and Chaos damage and has tank skills such as Vindictive Flame, Temper and Blast Shield, which gives it the potential to synergize with any mastery except Nightblade.
I wouldn't mind a buff, but I think it's completely viable.

Dungeon Siege is far lower on the "Diablo clone" scale than most ARPGs.
It doesn't suffer from the "Diablo didn't do it, so we shouldn't do it, too" mentality.
Also, top-down camera doesn't really allow much attention to detail.

Temper's weak as shit, it's… what 75 armor at level 12?
I mean blast shield's nice too bad it's 32 point mastery skill.
Vindictive flame is probably the most defensive value in the tree, but Shaman does it better for pure defense.

Really if you're looking for something to dump points into and want to get anything before level 70 Shaman is generally better unless you really want flame strike for whatever reason, or you're going super early in your other class.

Really you can do better if you're an occultist, a nightblade, or a shaman than demo as a offclass.
I mean maybe you can make an argument for fire strike on nightblade.

It's just not a very synergy friendly class.

I made a character revolving around aether ray, and when I got it I rape EVERYTHING for about 4 seconds before my energy runs out, and it takes like 2 minutes to recharge. I guess I should focus on regen now. What's the best way, character build wise, to do so?
Gonna look through the tree, but some of that constellation thing would probably help since that's way too fucking big to sort through all of it.

Nah, that's not what temper's for. It's for tank builds that deal retaliation and also for builds that deal active damage in the form of physical, piercing and internal trauma.

Flametouched is basically a version of modrogen's pact that isn't focused on higher XP pool and instead active damage (MP still gives more retaliation bonus with Oak Skin, but MP's tree needs more points to complete than flametouched tree does).

mean higher hp pool

Yeah, but for pure defense or for synergizing with a caster tree, it's pretty mediocre.

Me again
Any other ARPGs with beam/ray/laser spells?
Grim Dawn seems kind of shit.

Torchlight 2 has Arc Beam, which one modpack (Unofficial patch IIRC) buffs into complete bustedness. Just don't fully max it or else the DPS drops because lolmods.

There really needs to be an addition to hardcore mode where you'll come across reanimated versions of the characters you lost in the area you died at. Here I am reading all these notes about how people died and came back even if they tried to take steps to avoid it, and I'm supposed to believe my Occultist just dies?

they actually explain that.
Because you got possessed by an aetherial once and it didn't take, you're immune

Oh, duh. Still, does that mean I can't summon cthonians when I die too?

Aetherials and Cthonians are opposed to each other so the presence of one would prevent the other I'd assume.
It's the reason you can move through the void.

It should be a feature in some ARPG, dammit. Let me pit all my characters to the death in an AI arena.

oh yeah it would be neat, kind of like how Nioh had the ghosts of other players you could summon and fight.
I was saying they gave a reason for it not being the case in game though

Yeah, you're right, I just forgot about it since I skip past the beginning so often.

That's a lot of spiders about to be ground up by Targo's Hammer.

This is why I think hit chance is fucking stupid in these games

Makes sense doesn't it

Look at it as %% "to Hit AND deliver Damage", that armoured fuck ain't designed to be easily penetrated from every angle.

at least it'll sooth your autism

The cadence buff was insane by the way.My deadly momentum currently gives +2k physical damage to all attacks and it carries over to devotions, so my devotions just insta gib packs of mooks. While cadence itself single target explodes bosses and priority targets.

I GOT YOU THIS TIME, YOU BASTARD!
The Defiler is really strong, someone better at this than me could probably tear the game apart with one

Are there any ARPGs with native linux versions?

I love new stuff. What can be fresher than oldest mobs but in slightly different color?!

Try rougelikes instead.

Am I missing out?

uninstalled
what the actual fuck. shady russian programs didnt poz my pc as hard

So, how would you guys want an ARPG/FPS hybrid to work? More detail than just better Borderlands 1.

Grim Dawn has that thing where by default it uses as much resources as it can, if you did that for a couple hour in the middle of summer and straddled the line of overheating for all that time until it crashed or had a forced shutdown then you might just have damaged your shit, and this user is why you always make sure your cooling system is up to the task.

This, I'm running the game with an actually damaged card (sitting on the plane twice without taking it off the rig bent the board) and the game still runs fine. I just need to use the power supply's cable to tense the graphic card back into contact with the motherboard.

How download

Version 0.927 is up on some shady-ass site (but it seems to work). The demo is also on steam (and is newer and therefore more stable). I've tried to crack my version but can't seem to get it to work, but if you like the demo and like the torrent, it's worth the money. You can also try out Drox Operative and Din's Curse to get an idea bout the kind of game it is beforehand, since it's essentially a fusion of those two.

And what is that shady site?

Did you google it?

Can you just fucking tell me instead of being a cockbite faggot?

I mean you could also google it. "Zombasite Torrent". Literally two words. You'd have it already if you weren't complaining.

Go back to reddit.

Reminder this ID is a shill.

sent ;^)

Just google it faggot

Witchblade sword and board is 50k+ DPS that is unkillable face tank everything and the game while standing in AoEs and not caring about them while I blender everything to death with hammers that swirl around me and shit out eagles that murder shit.

Reminds me of Hammerdin.

Well, I'm trying a Reaper out, now. It feels both safer and riskier than my Defiler and Hierophant. On one hand, I'm dipping down into the jello screen a lot more. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter unless I'm fighting 3 heroes at once or something.
My last character got killed on the way to the Steps of Torment by a random boar herd and hero, what the fuck I was so goddamn mad

How the fuck do you farm dread skulls faster? I've found two in the entirety of my veteran play through and I just need two more.

Also is there any mob that has a higher chance to drop the inferno relic blueprint? I heard that the merchant at the top of SoT sells the blueprints but when I found him, he didn't.

I've had this bookmarked for months, so I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is anymore, but it can't be all that different. It's not finished, but it looks like you can find Dread Skulls… just about anywhere.
onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=62a0996b3ae76dc0&page=view&resid=62A0996B3AE76DC0!68314&parId=62A0996B3AE76DC0!68312&authkey=!ABJ5MHrBo7gPaoA&app=Excel

I hope you have oleron's blood. It helps your build significantly.

I… guess I'll go back to normal mode.