There will never ever ever be a Neverwinter Nights 3

GO ON THEN
ATTACK I SAY

I'm surprised they never attempted a 4E game. For once a ruleset that would work perfectly for computer games.

4E was technically Neverwinter Online, but it was turned into an action RPG anyways

5E was Sword Coast Legends which had potential as the successor to NWN, but the devs were newbies, went bankrupt making it, and left it unfinished, as well as dumbing things down in the name of casual-friendly

Damn shame. I have fond memories of the series, it was comfy.

I would be complete shit and you know it, user. Let it go.

Well we got a shitty pay2win MMO.

Is NWN2 better than the first one ?
I'm currently playing it and it's pretty good but I have some issues with it, mainly the slow travel between where I am and a shop to sell the loot everytime I'm full and the lack of importance and connection with the companions, they are just sell-sword, I thought they would be as important as your party in other RPG.

Very different games but they're both well made. Second is more party-based. They're both gems really even though I prefer the custom modules for the first game, they're a little bit better and there's more stuff to experience. They both have their pros and cons, so just play both and see which one you like most.

Honestly I prefer the first one, but I'm biased since we ran multiple games a week for over a year when it came out. 2 is very clunky even though it's prettier.

All I want is NWN 1 built to run on modern hardware with a simple server browser instead of that defunct GameSpy shit.

2 was just awful though.

1st one was great. Should have used 2D though. It's newer than Baldur's Gate yet aged terribly in comparison.

I'm sure your opinion matters.

I'm your dad. What I say goes.

Yours does as well. Can we keep up this circular argument?

Good.
First one was trash saved slightly by expansions and mp and second one was a glitchy unplayable mess that not even a superior story could save.
Literally nothing of value is lost.

Arguments about relative worthiness of gameplay aside, I think we can definitively state that NWN2 vanilla has the best ending of all time.

Even in my shitty tabletop groups no DM was ever ballsy enough to bullshit me with an actual "rocks fall, everyobe dies."

Mask of the Betrayer makes up for everything wrong with NWN1 and 2.

Looking back, considering how chock-full of cliché NWN2 vanilla was I'm starting to think they just didn't want to make the game and just put every baby's first GM shit idea one after another until they reached the ending.

MotB remains the only game that, to me, achieved something interesting in term of tying the story to the mechanics of the game.

NWN2 is pure shit

I don't know about the NWN expansions or NWN2, but the NWN main campaign is absolutely terrible.
It's extremely linear, it requires you to tediously grind in dungeons with very little variation, it provides very little actual role-playing opportunities, it has a worthless alignment and the choices you make throughout the game are meaningless as it only has a singular ending.

*alignment system

I hate hipsters sometimes.

The only thing I don't like about it is how they handled Bishop.

That's exactly what a hipster would say.

Why? He got what was coming to him all along, and he found peace in it.

Everything related to the Wall of the Faithless was retarded.
And the whole wall plot ends right there.

Blame that on WotC who interfered against destroying the wall because muh precious lore. And then they went and fucked over all their lore in the next edition. WotC are fucking retards.

Put that on a billboard.

that shit engine for NWN2 was what made me never be able to get through it
the fucking feet movement was tied to your processor, so if it wasn't just right you'd hover around everywhere without taking steps
Also everyone was ugly as sin

why does she have a buckler on her crotch?

I have no idea actually. What the hell.

To cockblock, of course.

Only Holla Forums hates it.

Never played the first one but I really liked the second. albeit it feels half finished.

NWN2 felt really rushed.
And the fact that it ends with a "Rocks fall, everyone dies" ending doesn't help it at all. Amon Jerro did nothing wrong.
MotB was way better, but it was also rushed. And that fucking wall, holy shit.

Not every good fucking game or movie needs several more to follow. Just leave it be.

Crafting was cancer. Storm of Zehir improved it and thankfully there's a mod which puts that into the base game.

You'll have to admit that Vanilla NWN and Storm of Zethir were very so-so.

Mask of the Betrayer, on the other hand…

Everything you said is true,there were shit ton of content cut and felt horribly unpolished but I still liked it.

I couldn't complete Mask of the Betrayer due to bug q_q.

That's because MotB was Spirits-based. Everything worked with spirits. Absorb a thing, get spirits, craft them. But you were able to devour your party members and also craft them into items, so that's fine.

It's pacified that the original campaign for NWN is a pile of turd and that the expansions are much better. You should try them.

NWN2… is a mixed bag, really.

good

It's a shame, but I'd rather have no game than a shitty one.

Yes. Play MotB as well.

french fags from cuckchan like you love it

cry me a river mierde

You should stick to twitter.

It's perfectly alright.

project harder

Nah, it really is utter shit lol. Spent a good two months on it. Its only redeemable quality (custom dungeons and quests) was never really focused on and never expanded beyond its original inception.

my first vidya boner was for lady aribeth,
seriously -she was the sexiest creature I had seen and I cried as I had to slay her because of some beta male that got killed

sadly, there wont be a NVM 3 because to todays market of gay-mers it would not sell

It's like you didn't even talk to her when she needed you the most..

I got Sword Coast legends and I'd honestly reccomend it for an rpg set in the D&D world. It's singleplayer campaign is good enough and while it's got obvious limitations I did like the dungeon generator, because I picked a few options and had a dungeon no-one knew the layout to. In under 5 minutes. In my first online game with a mate.

As an actual D&D pnp conversion it was pretty terrible though.

Yeah, I got it hoping for something that functioned like 5e and was really disappointed.

xpacks were much, much better. I was around the forums at the time and iirc one of the devs pretty much said the main campaign was a "look what *I* can do!" for the toolkit. It had been marketed as an online thing to play with friends and a DM; so imagine their shock when they discovered people played it singleplayer most of the time. Hence, the xpacks are far, far more fleshed out as singleplayer rpgs.

NWN2's controls were unplayable shit. How obsidian managed to take such a leap backwards in terms of player control from what there was in the first game is just lidicrous.

There was a mod that implemented WoW controls to the game. It was great. I'm sure you can still find it.

There is an evil ending though.
Also, it's nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be and there are more opportunities for roleplaying than in many other games. Certainly more than you'd get in, say, BG.

If you were talking shit about it because of the bugs, I could almost relate, but you're pulling shit out of your ass.

What's so bad about it? Besides the abysmal pathfinding, but that's a different issue.

You can romance her in the end of the Underdark campaign.

RIP NWN master server, I'll never be able to find active multiplayer servers that aren't PWs or role-playing ever again.

What's wrong with roleplaying?

Shiggy diggy doo, she's ELF as fuck in all the bad ways.

Last time I checked Fenthick had stepped into the biggest
shitpile ever, and even Aribeth told him not to follow Densher which fucking incriminated him to shit, and even he was pretty much admitting he fucked up and was good as dead when you spoke to him. And the reason he ended up dead was because of the cult tricking him, Nasher simply gave the execution order, which Aribeth even mentioned herself.

To top that off, compared to Densher, his execution was fairly humane, though completely unecessarry and otherwise avoidable via faking his death or jst resing him after execution

The biggest gripe about this entire deal is that you sit through this woman's fucking life story about how Orcs killed her family and she went on a blood feud against them then Tyr himself saved her ass just to tell her that that wasn't justice.

So, during her indoctrination to Morag, you even mention the possibility of spies remaining and she reassures you that that shit won't happen and you even get glimpses that you're clearly dealing with some ancient wizard shit here and you never question her further on her dreams, like the offshoot idea of her being drugged or something.

Regardless Aribeth is a full retard, emotional stress from the plague and Fenthick granted, but it takes a special kind of stupid to repeat the very fucking shit that an avatar of Tyr got of his ass for to tell her NO, THAT SHIT WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE GIRL by going on a mad bloodthirsty killing spree because your loved ones snuffed it not once, BUT TWICE not even noticing the pattern infact, I wish I could have told her to promise me never to pick up a sword again because as a paladin bitch couldn't hold it straight to even point it at a foe.

The only saving grace of her switch is that Morag was just that damn powerful which is the only explanation for such dumbassery.

Though to be fair, Given 4e, I'd say Nasher really was just an incompetant asshole, fucker caused civil war, countless deaths, codemnation of innocents, and his castle becomes a forefront for an invasion from the abyss led by Monkey-trouble itself.

Also, Morag superior GILF Scalie waifu, Guoh, where are you?

more like Nevereverwinter Nights

Is that the lizard guy from that Star Fox t-rex comic?

you could make a loli halfling, that was pretty cool

shit taste, user

NWN2 is shit and no matter how much you shill frenchfag that wont change the truth

i hated that the familiar where useless in NWN2, at least the pixie was cute as fuck and opened locks.

she was too good at her job so they boot her out since she raised the bar too high. this is what is called the pixies burden

Is that necessarily a bad thing, though?

Fuck. That reminds me, I need to finish Shadows of Undrentide. Deekin is the best follower unless you like being wrong.

I wish I wasn't a dumbass as a kid

There where also similar servers that occasionally spawned up and stirred drama within this sub-community of god-like characters which made things interesting I guess. I eventually wised up and started playing the custom servers, but it was around the time they where dying off.

NWN wasn't for the campaigns that shipped with it. It was for building and DMing your own campaigns.

Our crew would run 2-4 DMs and 6-8 players, and the DMs would possess and roleplay characters. In combat we'd play the monsters and try to just fucking murder the party. Good times.

Most people who played NWN multiplayer played it like a graphical MUD, with 32/64 players on one server that was heavily scripted, but IMO the best time was on lightly scripted custom adventures that you ran like tabletop.

F/OSS clone / remake when

I always liked the Cleric you could pick up in the campaign, even if she has a history of fuck ups. She was more than good enough in combat.

You might wanna read a bit more there friend.

Is there anyone that doesn't like him?

Favorite modules?

Her boobs were shaking when you dragged her model around in the module editor.

I think you can redeem her in the end, but she dies anyway, right? It's been years since I last played it.

Nasher executes her anyways, well because she slaughters half of Neverwinter and what else you gonna do?

Then you find her ghost in HotU and I shat my pants laughing before she joined my party because you can tell her to be good again or stay evil.

But the dialogue kept looping so I'd just be convicing her to go good, and a white light shines down and shes a Paladin, and then I'd convince her to go evil and evil light radiates around her and she went Blackguard again. And back and forth it went.

She is an ELF in all the RIGHT ways. AKA being a incompetent baby making machine. But, the most important point you missed about the campaign is that she was YOUR incompetent baby making machine. Her "unknown" aka HUMANITY FUCK YEA genes were screaming to jump back on the winning side the entire time. The real story of NWN is just how much of a dick Nasher is.

Nasher was just an incompetent asshole, as you spend the majority of the game cover up his mistakes. like having his spymaster be a nigger, gee why everyone know Neverwinter's plans. Maybe if you picked an literal ape. It's extra +2 int the smarter animal has might help your spy network, asshole. Which would have been fine because if Nasher had any brain cells, you would have nothing to do. It's fine for the HERO to solve everyones problems. However Nasher takes this to the extreme, as a EMPTY CHAIR could run Neverwinter then him.

Fenthick was a total bro because he, like all true male elves, knew when to step out of the way the moment the bull arrived. Only his side step was into a huge pile of shit. Which for some reason the god damn PLAGUE CURING HERO OF NEVERWINTER causing you to be BFF with Nasher. You saying the tree fucker got duped and had assisted you murdering the FALL GUY FOR THE LATER BIG BAD had little sway. As he was an "traitor". As somehow, an foreign elf can obtain citizenship to an human kingdom for some reason. Thus able to commit "treason". When his only tie to the kingdom is being the ENGAGED to your SOON TO BE COCKSLEVE elf paladin.

Nasher goes full LAWFUL and starts hanging all the "traitors". Forgetting that the revolution was a spectators sport. That the majority of the populace of Neverwinter, like him, sat on his ass and watched you single handily end it. He now regulates your criminally unused womb factory into doing the mundane job of being a PALADIN instead of your BREEDING SLAVE.

Seeing how Nasher could never come to terms with his little civil war being HIS FAULT, he naturally blames the easy target. Luskan. Which is not hard to do, as you would expect a magical plague that started a total failure of the government to come from the nerds of the PIRATE MAGIC KINGDOM next door.

So, he sends you off with his CHIEF DIDNU "spymaster" that came to the conclusion that his magic pointy stick told him the PIRATE MAGIC KINGDOM was RACIST and it's the nerds fault. Sending you to the jungle next door to gather "more" aka any evidence that they WAZ KANGS and the NERDS were the true culprits. Nasher also gets your BREEDING SLAVE to DISPENSE JUSTICE by hanging *traitors* with NO evidence. For NO REASON.

Naturally this causes a conflict with her LAWFUL and STUPID nature and she begins to doubt… but don't worry. Nasher also assigned his CHIEF ARMOURED NERD with you as well that as we all know would never have anything to do with the other NERDS next door as they were mean to him one time for failing to summon a succubus.

Which he never got over, so how exactly does a nerd come back from that? Well by finding powerful nerd artifacts of course. Ones that trigger PLAGUES, and are tied to ANCIENT EVIL RACES WITH HEBREW SOUNDING NAMES THAT ARE TOTALLY NOT JEWS YOU HITLER WORSHIPING ANTI SEMITE. Good thing Nasher had his CHIEF DIDNU figure out who exactly caused that plague. Oh wait no, he didn't. The DUMB FUCK just sent you with PERSON THAT CAUSED ALL THIS SHIT.

So as you are going about finding that everything is totally Luskan's fault goy. The ANCIENT EVIL is mindfucking your CHIEF BREEDING MATERIAL. Which wouldn't have been a problem had been busy SATISFYING HER ELF HORMONES.

After you gathered your "proof" that it was Luskans fault. You turned around to the newly reformed Neverwinter army to rile everyone up to lead a total all out assault on the pirate nerd city. You lead … na this is Nasher we are talking about here, that would make SENSE. No, you all sneak into the HEAVILY FORTIFIED MAGICAL PIRATE CITY instead. With YOUR PRIME CUM DUMPSTER GOING AHEAD OF YOU FIRST, with the OBVIOUSLY NOT A BIG BAD.

As the nerds left the dunkards in charge of the city, you find it as you would expect any pirate town, or libertarian parisise, with absolutely no step on sneks are going on whatsoever, oh wait NO thats not how it works dipshit. The city is actually in a state of CIVIL WAR between the waring pirate factions on who exactly gets to control the only brothel. Oh well at least the group stayed toge…. dammit your TOTALLY NOT A TRAITOR NERD and your COCKSLEVE are missing.

Oh well all that's left to do is infiltrate nerd land and give them a couple of swirlies for that magical plague business they got blamed for doing on to Nasher. You picked the closest pirate lord and do enough of his bullshit to get a key to the inside. Instead of you know, just kicking it open or lock picking it. As if NERDS would be to busy fapping to their 2D waifus and squabbling over which manga to read next to ever remember to lock the front door.

While you are inside NERD land, you would expect them to have some sort of defense in place being basically the center of the government. Only to find it's like any nerd paradise and SECTIONED INTO FLOORS AND FACTIONS arguing over which school of magic LETS ME LOSE MY VIRGINITY better. The main floor containing your COCKSLEVE'S diary. Finding out she went from LAWFUL STUPID to LAWFUL STUPID, you toss it at the nearest EGG HEAD because they have the A/C running at fucking 15ºC because heaven forbid they ever run the room at a normal temperature, every part of your body is cold and the nerds are running A/C in fucking winter. Plus your LIVING DAKI THAT THEY WISH THEY HAVE is still missing.

Dispite being a ruined tower, somehow, there are 9 floors and a roof in this bitch. All of which contain even more nerds. You finally get to the roof floor only to find out that ARMOURED NERD WAS A TRAITOR ALL ALOOONG. Whats worst is that he and his new SNEK waifu convinced your god damn BABY FACTORY to LARP with them. Causing you to go get around to collect even some nerd runes of power.

Which you easily do, as the nerds never thought the BANISHED SNEK GOD might be a TOTAL BITCH seeing how she was BANISHED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, but good luck telling that to the thristy motherfuckers. While this is all happening all of the Sword Coast learned of Nasher's shit and wasn't having any of it. Causing your now UNDOMESTICATED BROOD SOW to RAISE A GOD DAMN ARMY and lay siege to Neverwinter. Before you can go off to deal with that shit. CHIEF NERD manages to find their last rune of power. Which is fine as you have three and only one so you would think you won right? WRONG as the 1 beats 3 in nerd logic. Causing SNEK God to be resurrected. Which was TOUGH SHIT for Armoured nerd as his waifu was to busy enjoying getting out of the SHADOW REALM and not PROTECTING HER MORTAL CHAMPION CARRYING HER MOST IMPORTANT NERD RUNE FROM THE GUY WITH THE OTHER THREE. Causing you to get all four.

This is a pretty accurate description of the campaign, please go on.

You book it back to Neverwinter to find Nasher predictably getting his shit slapped. He rambles on how magic A/C stones are the reason why Neverwinter never freezes to death, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLESSING COMPARED TO HIS INCOMPETENT RULERSHIP. He goes into the nerd runes but you don't care because your god damn WAIFU is to busy LARPING IN THE CITY, burning the bitch down with NO RESISTANCE. So you go off to correct your little domestic dispute. Like all marriage problems, it is only solved once you slap her shit in. Causing her to stop acting LAWFUL STUPID and accept her place. Locking her up in a cage in Nasher's palace to make sure she does not do any more stupid shit.

All that is left now is SNEK GOD to deal with. Which is hiding in her nerd realm under Neverwinter. Using the four combined nerd texts, you transport yourself to her realm. Only to find that despite being a huge ancient NEEERD wizard, she is only level 19. Which you attribute to being unable to consume the FORESKINS of CHILDREN for thousands of years. After treading all over her for all the shit you had to deal with, she bitches out, making the entire realm collapse. Which would have been a problem had you not brought along your own SNEK CLERK that Nasher IMPRISONED FOR BEING HELPFUL.

Great so you saved the city, defeated the ANCIENT EVIL, and DESTROYED AN ENTIRE PLANE OF EXISTENCE in the process, all done right? NOPE! Nasher, once all safe and sound again. Does not miss a beat and goes full LAWFUL STUPID. Starting up the good ol TREASON TRIALS THAT GOT US INTO THE MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE, guess who is on it? That's right, your "redeemed" aka your now HANDHOLDING MISSIONARY POSITION ONLY ENGAGED TO BE.

Nasher, once again looking to save his sorry incompetent ass, puts on a nice show trial for her. Despite your objections reminding everyone the ONE AND ONLY GODAMN "Hero of Neverwinter" never got his damn reward and fuck you this one is mine. Nasher gives into the mob like the CUCKOLD HIS DEAD WIFE TELLS NECROMANCERS ALL DAY HE IS and orders her executed anyway. Enraged, you rush the gallows only for this and the only time in Neverwinter's history does the city actually have GUARDS that GET IN YOUR WAY long enough for her to be MURDERED.

Disgusted, you leave the city of Neverwinter, vowing to never return. Thankfully, your halfling midget bro called Tomi Undergallows, WHOM WAS FALSELY IMPRISONED FOR RAPE OF A GUILDMASTER BEFORE THE PLAGUE HIT. Gets you out safely. Telling you to head to NIGGER ELF LAND to recover her SOUL as Nasher was an even more dick and BURNED YOUR WAIFU'S BODY so you could not just take her to any RANDOM priest and pay to resurrect her. As you start to head over to said Underdark, Nasher starts TALKING SHIT how you didn't really DESTROY GOD DAMN PLANES OF EXISTENCE and you like it up the ASS.

So yea, fuck Nasher.

You should do this more user, this is great.

give us gist of the nwn 2 next, summary user

Rocks fall, you die. GG NO RE.

But I might get to it. Focusing on Shadows of Undrentide next, as I remember it being better but forget fuck all about it. So might do a quick play though.

No one deserves the Wall. It's an atrocity.

Tales of Arterra.

Bastard of Kosigan would be another favorite if the second part didn't crash whenever I loaded a save and the fourth part recognized my story choices properly.

This is gold.

Using D&D rules in a video game is like enforcing road laws on helicopters. Why do I have to stay in the lanes and stop for red lights? The change of context makes the rules fit about as well as an adult 2X t-shirt on a four year old.

Not to mention that an editor that allows for a constant stream of new, free content, even after the company has stopped supporting it, would really fuck up any plans to milk people for DLC money.

I have only finished the original neverwinter nights , now that I know this its time to finish the other expansions

Thank you my vidyafriends , I will turn her to good and lady Aribeth, whatever her form , will be comforted by my large muscular embrace

Does NWN have any notoriously bad mods like Saerileth for BG2 or that mod for HL2 that with ferns shoved everywhere?

Depending on who you ask, A Dance with Rogues might qualify, though it's apparently quite well-made from a technical perspective.

nigga we both know it'd be a pile of hot garbage

They could make it like The Witcher. Run around, slaying all the crazy D&D monsters threatening the city and countryside and shit with an actual combat system for a change (think Daggerdale).

And force me to play a preset character? No thanks.

Not necessarily.

Sorry user, too innovative. Remember, golden rule for every game is to have 90% old and 10% 'new' :^)

Didn't Atari actually ban the developer from releasing patches for the game?

NWN2 OC is decent, gets better near the end. MotB expansion is godlike and is basically PS:T lite. SoZ isn't mentioned in polite conversation.

I played it at release. Every dungeon and boss fight went the exact same: waves of adds spawn when the boss reaches a set health percentage. You AoE the adds. Rinse and repeat 2-3 times per fight. The only fights I can remember being different were that giant Illithid brain thing (which was bugged and unkillable) and the Dracolich.

Half smut, half awesome rogue adventure.

bump

nah, i was hype as fuck for it at the time, bought it, barely played it because i hated it.

The Prophet was the best videogame story ever. Too bad there will never be another game with an easy-to-create-content toolset like in NWN ever again. Would destroy a publisher's potential dlc-income.

I have to disagree. It's nothing but the same "twist" repeated about fifty times.

I came to laugh, not to feel

help

I keep thinking about this game. The people who made it really cared about it. Maybe bioware avoid it as much as possible because there's edgy shit in it and it was before they were SJWs? a Holla Forums server would be cool but it would require people to own the game.

Looks like Kagami Hirotaka's work.

the only people who still RP in NWN are ERPers

Online requires people to own the game? Since when?

NWN2 private servers were comfy.
The MQ was a bit drawn out on NG+

/shrug