What is the best if any 'modern military shooter' out there`?

What is the best if any 'modern military shooter' out there`?

Running With Rifles.

A top-down ArmA/OFP that can be played on a toaster.

Battelfiedl 3/4.

Soldat

Real Life
Why haven't you enlisted yet?

In all seriousness the entire genre is shit precisely because it attempts to emulate real life. The more realistic a game is, especially when it comes to things like weapons and weapon mechanics which are prime areas for innovation and creativity, the more boring it is.

halp. i can't imagine that

Night's Watch: Mutiny is Fun! Edition
Spooky Squad 2: Spook Harder
Zombie Expeditionary Unit
Her Majesty's Anti-Vampiric Fusiliers
etc.

I would have gone with "Star Wars Battlefront". Or told him "imagine battlefield, but replace all the weapons, vehicles, and characters with shit from WH40k".

That game was specifically created as a recruiting and early training tool.
Working off the idea that video games can actually train someone to think in certain ways.

All video games did for me was push my reading and writing abilities far above my peers in grade school because I was growing up in a time before voice acting.
Also, I suppose, kept my spacial reasoning and abstract problem solving nice and trained.

Yeah but I ain't gay though.

This game attracts the most divided opinions I've ever seen everywhere on the internet. It's either the best thing ever made or an irredeemable, piece of shit.
I still haven't played it

An elven empire decides to invade the modern world. You, a bad enough dude who's part of a special elite force must bring down the tree hugging gaylords by blowing the fuckers into oblivion. Starting out with normal weaponry and armor, the humans eventually start turning the tables by using the elves' ancient knoweldge and magical powers against them as well as techniques left behind by the now extinct dwarves to make magical weapons, giant walking armor suits and the sort.
Eventually when the elves desperately attempt to unleash the orc hordes from desolate worlds onto the humans, the humans now fight to protect the entire universe, not just their own.
The game ends with the gladiator match of the century between a giant 7 foot tall musclebound senator dressed in nothing but star sprangled boxing short being cheered by all of mankind as well as dwarven ghosts as he takes on the king of all the elves and the orc horde leader in a 2 on 1 fight to save the world.

No that would be THIS game. The logo I posted was the one for the actual military. Like I said real life, go get yourself shot please you tasteless faggot.

Syria: the game

Do you want simulator, arcade or full fucking casual?
It ranges from ARMA to Squad to CoD.

You seem to prefer full fucking casual.

What's it like being a teenager?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

That's not a fucking video game you stupid piece of shit.

True. I posted it before one of the faggots here started talking about " muh realism".

Realistic without being autistic. Arma is nice but movement mechanics and gorrilion keys for every finnicky little thing liek breathing in/out and taking a poop and wiping your snot when you sneeze gets annoying.

BF in its modern iteration is shit. Gun dont even handle right. Im playing siege at this moment but I wonder if there is anything else worth playing out there

If you like old BF give Squad a go, latest update added vehicles and it's from the guys that made Project Reality.

user but thats cancer and the squad game looks like a poor mans Arma 3.

Thanks but no thanks

You claimed to like realism but not all the bullshit ARMA makes you deal with, I propose something with realism but not all the bullshit of ARMA and you hate it before playing it?

Seems to me you will bitch about everything suggested without actually playing any of them.

No need to get salty. What we have here is a failure to communicate.

We just have different interpretation what 'realism' is and what 'finnicky bullshit' is.

When I say realism I mean gun and damage mechanics. I expect bullets to fly at realistic trajectory, speed etc. I expect them to be affect by woodbrush wind but to be absolutely lethal if one hits. I expect guns to kick, jam etc
What I dont mean is the retarded movement mechanics where a guy huffs and wheezes every 2 steps, where you cant hit anything from the hip even if its right in front of you.

I was fine with Stalker and RO for a time but RO is dead and I got nearly 1k hours in Stalker and im bored of it.
Fuck if DICE werent such cucks and implemented decent gun mechanics Id be fine Bf too.

call of duty 4

If you want realistic gunplay and damage without a stamina system you are going to need to learn to code.

I pirated the beta almost a year ago and enjoyed it. Should I buy? I actually played it again today.

For single player the original OFP had the most amazing single player campaign.

For multiplayer, it's less about the game and more about the people you play it with.

Rather than large scale military shooters however, I'd rather see the return of the single player tactical FPS.

AA 2 and 3 were great. They fucked it up with 3's bugs though. Sad to see where they are taking it with 4.

It's a shame it's been over 10 years without a Rainbow Six game, I hope a competent dev picks it up and continues the series at some point.

Dem quads

Battlefield bad company 2

When will a game allow me to be the kebab? it seems like with today's cucked and PC world if anyone tries to do anything besides world wars and america vs soviets people who don't even play video games get triggered and manage to push the developers of the shooter out of the market