Have you guys played recently any of the games with hundreds of "game of the year" awards from the past years?

Have you guys played recently any of the games with hundreds of "game of the year" awards from the past years?

Do they really deserved all the praise while nobody feels like playing through them again?

I don't know, how far back are we talking here?

If we dig back to Batman Arkham City, it was nice enough, Bioshock Infinite was pretty terrible and a step back from 2, as of very recent titles Fallout 4 was a decent shooter with minecraft building elements but a terrible RPG, i'm basically missing The Witcher 3, i've heard good things about it even from Holla Forums itself here and there so i'm actually looking fowards to it at least a little bit.

Yes I've played these games, and no they don't deserve the praise. It's like shitting out a golden turd after you've shat out several other normal turds. It doesn't change the fact that your golden turd is still a turd.

Nevermind that game of the year awards don't mean anything these days anymore when publishers pay off game reviewers to write good things about their games. People are free to play whatever they want, but don't delude yourself into thinking trash like Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us deserves it's praise.
If anything, they're a representation of how much western video games have dropped in quality and commitment in being a video game.
I'm not sure what to blame it on but something has been definitely been wrong with the industry. Hell, the industry has probably always been shit from the very start.

neo/v/ in one post

Nope, I've just been going back and playing old PS2 games lately. Buying them while they're still pretty cheap since they aren't really "retro" yet like 5th gen has become.

I played Batman. I guess it was OK. Nothing groundbreaking. There was definitely a disconnect between what all those stickers promised and what I actually played.

Fuck off back to cuckchan faggot.

I beat the last of us. It came with my PS4. It's shit.

Ha, same here. You can tell that only got awards for "muh female characters *that arent anime*".
Sony couldn't even be bothered to give a fucking physical copy, either. A waste of bandwidth and HDD space.

Absolutely fucking no one takes YT comments seriously.

I got it for free with my PS3. I liked it a lot and thought it was a pretty good game but I had heard nothing about it before playing it and had shockingly low expectations for a zombie game.

It was a good game though in my opinion. It had good pacing, great atmosphere and was pretty funny in parts. The ending was very predictable but it was nice.

I'd be interested to know why you thought it was shit. I liked the gore and the fighting in it as well as the sneaking and such. Admittedly the AI was a bit shit but I didn't pick it up too much on my first play through.

Maybe its because it was free or something but it's one of the few games I decided to speed run on the highest difficulty a while after finishing and a game where the online multiplayer seemed pretty cool too.

I'm not saying it was great but it was fun and short. It reminded me slightly of Half Life 2 for some reason.

I don't really own any games past 2011 so maybe my judgement is a bit dated though.

Maybe due to high expectations. Notice every game that's being shat on is either a TrippleA or extremely hyped out of the ass game. Most games used to be fun back when it had the least media exposure and advertisements. Only advantage to the popularizing gaming in general is saving petty cash.

I miss renting games randomly and going in blind

I tend to play a few years behind the curve, I recently started playing GTA 4 and it is a really good game imo, I like the story.

Niko is the best GTA protagonist in terms of character development and actual backstory.

Tommy is maybe a little better.

That is not fucking true at all. A lot of them are just plain bad.

Human Revolution
Its attention to detail was put in the wrong places

I don't even pay attention to what wins GotY awards anymore.

It is all a sham.

How fucking new are you?
Its all a fucking scam and every single one is paid.

The sad thing is not all of them are paid.
A lot of people are award but magically make exceptions like in webm 1

Same here. I ignored the hype train completely and was satiafied with an okayish Western survival horror game with a focus on melancholy atmosphere and character over mechanics - basically Naughty Dog fusing random elements of RE, SH and the Walking Dead.

It's not like the Nips are filling my lust for spooky third-person survival horror anymore, so I was willing to see where ot went.

It's not GOATY material, but it's above average for a Sony cinematic experience game. I don't mind story focus so long as the story itself is okay, and Joel being a right selfish bastard helped that immensely.

I hear the multiplayer is the shit, never tried it though.

Had I followed all of the AI demo videos I probably would have been furious as hell. At one point a thug got locked running in a circle endlessly and I laughed my ass off.

I find that hard to believe.

Pretty much every award show is a clusterfuck of corporate meddling, agenda pushing, bribery, and straight up shilling.

Some people have been on the academy awards and oscar judging committee for decades because it's such a lucrative job. They get assloads of free shit and straight up dosh from studios for something that amounts to the Dogecoin of accomplishments: a worthless statue and a back of the box bulletpoint for the dvd release that only has value because everyone agrees to treat it like it's valuable.

Like, when you see a game that has something like "Winner of 9000 E3 awards!" what the hell does that mean? Well, it means a bunch of sites, 99% of which no one has ever heard of, decided to write an article or post a video saying, "I played this game and it was neat"

We're supposed to see that shit and think "WOW THIS GAME MUST BE WORTH MY MONEY!" but all it means is some chucklefucks who you wouldn't trust to review the taste of bleach acknowledged that the game existed at one point, and that's supposed to be a shining endorsement.

I tried to play The Last of Us last year. It was so fucking boring that I didn't even finish it.

Bioshock Infinite. Most of the critics were in intellectual masturbation mode, saying that it was so smart and progressive (a badly written scene about an interracial couple is "smart and progressive"), the multiverse thing was just a shitty twist because the creator didn't know what to do with his fucking game. All I remember is that 5 minutes into the game, it was decided that I was the enemy and the whole city wanted me dead and there's no way to skip a combat.

Uncharted 4. "it's so mature", yeah whatever, the game doesn't deserve to be called Uncharted. They made Nathan Drake a boring person. They force you to care about his brother (who didn't exist before U4), Sully becomes a background character, others like Chloe are completely absent from the game. One of the ennemy is a stronk independant and literally untouchable womyn. You encounter her 3 times and each time she destroys you and you can't counter or fight back, worse: at one point Nate stops his brother from killing her. The ending is dumb. The multiplayer isn't finished.

I feel like Holla Forums should give out GOTY awards.

I mean, fuck, the combined userbase here probably exceeds a lot of the smaller web publications that give them out. What qualifications do you even need to be able to host a GOTY competition? Yeah, that's what I thought, absolutely fucking nothing.

Only thing I play now. Love every second of it.

Witcher 3 sure does, it's one of the best video games ever made.
Dragon Age Cisquisition is slightly better than avarage and there wore better games that came out that year

Wasn't Plants vs. Zombies GOTY?

for me it's either Rabi Ribi or EDF4.1 this year, but knowing Holla Forums they'll find 99 reasons to not make them GOTY and eventually a meme game of the month will win

unninstaled in about 10 minutes

Actually a good game with wasted potential, sucks that the exploration is dumbed down and you are forced to follow waypoints the whole game, and the combat is shallow like MemeSouls

I dont really know which others claimed to be goty

Witcher is awful, the whole series is trash. People just act like it's good because there's sex in it.

Most rpgs are trash and always will be because its a story centered genre. Witcher trilogy at least had great writting and the combat got better in each game. Unlike japanese garbage that is always the same dumb shit written by 10 year olds.

Half Life did not deserve those awards, especially 2.

Just because there are worse games out there doesn't mean I could find a linear single player rpg worth investing into. If it had dragon's dogma level of customization, maybe

No, it's an amazing game, stop being edgy in the hope of getting aceptance from random anonymus people

Played Last of Us at a friend's house. I really don't see how this is different than any of the other shitty cover shooters everyone shits out today and the story was nothing special either. Just your average "zombie invasion but da real monsters are the humans wooooo"

I don't even keep track. Game of the Year awards are handed out to anyone who asks.
What's even more annoying are fucking E3 awards. The only thing they saw of the game was a short presentation and they'll hail it as the second coming of undertale

I wasn't done much before TLOU and is still pretty rare now.

It's shit.

kek
Also,
Naughty Dog please leave.

I meant just AN average, sorry.

Why do they care? Seriously, why do they care so much about review scores from shit sites like IGN? If they like the "game" good for them, I think the Uncharted series is lame but thats probably just me since it did well enough to get 4 main entries.

More over what the fuck does a .2 difference make? Numbers dont mean a thing.

Notice I don't protect shitty gameplay or terrible performance, neither I do a story. But it was indeed pretty original at the time, unless you can debunk this statement with a bunch of examples, that isn't The Mist.

Name one good game made after 2007 and I'll tell you why you're a gigantic faggot.

DMC4
Demon's Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Whatever EDFs were released past 2007
Boi Rebirth
Hotline Miami
Risk of motherfucking Rain

The list is huge really, I think it is you who are faggots.

Saints Row 2, Sleeping Dogs, and the Yakuza games are pretty good.

You're fucking retarded. No wonder God casted out of heaven.

Wasn't that entire franchise a rip off of TLOU?

Walking Dead didnt start that either, Last of Us is generic post appocalyptic zombie scenario shit. Albiet one with a good but depressing unfun atmosphere.

TWD Season 1 came out 2012, Last of Us came out 2013. They were ripping off Walking Dead.

It was developed earlier. Both are still generic zombie shit thats way overrated.

So? The point is that is done to death.
Maybe try not using buzzwords to make your point.

I tried to play fallout 4 but my mods make it broken.

Only game i'm playing that got GOTY awards is rising storm. I think it deserves them.

Rest in piss, Holla Forumsgas

The worst thing is there isn't even one of those bitter/sweet endings, nope, the guy just turn back into being a normal being and living the life in the surface.
Oh and the little sisters?
Harvest them, save them, it matters none to the ending.

This game actually was really awesome when i played it. the gunplay was probably one of the best TPSs. the in between talking/walking parts were boring, but the story wasnt terrible, and i want to fuck ellen paige so it wasnt that bad for me.

however there is 1 important catch. you MUST play this on survivor. if you played it any lower the game was shit for you and it will never get better and im sorry nobody told you.

it was actually someone on Holla Forums that told me "play on survivor or the game isnt fun"

grounded it becomes a third person strangler and isnt fun… hard and below you have a built in wallhack cheat.

Obligatory

Of course they deserve it user. That's as far as they go with anyone caring, a year.