NMS Update 1 on release

You fags look at the update NMS is getting on release?

no-mans-sky.com/news/

archive for people who don't wanna give clicks: archive.is/ju32U

Some highlights.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/p8TEj
citadelfoundations.blogspot.de/2016/03/enter-nu-male.html
archive.is/BLMjV
no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, not really

It's like they waited until the last minute to actually bother completing the game to some extent.

Guess they realised that people were going to rip them apart if they left it as is.

why in hell would I?

In the next patch you'll get the ability to do everything.

ayy

he actually said he was working on update 1 the day the game went gold guess you didnt know that

Give a few weeks, Holla Forums is going to have a cancerous avatarfaggotry filled general.
Fucking screencap this and spam it in the first one.

I did. I was just pointing out that if it weren't for leaked copies we wouldn't have known it was any different until after launch.

So what was at the center of the universe?

The one guy who made it has declined to answer far as I know.

I hate it when casuals do this. Exploits are a result of poor planning or bad code. Cheats are outside manipulations to the game.

It fucking pisses me off that

FUCK THIS DEV TEAM! Fuck whoever wrote that. Even if you make the game, you have no fucking right to tell people how to play and if the experience is right or not. These fucking devs are this one "experience" and if anyone DARES go off on their on, it's ruined. Fuck these faggots.

For a long time I have been convinced that this game did not really exist.

That's a pretty big warning sign to come from a group of people that's making a supposed open sandbox style game.

Do you think these devs will rival Phil Fish?

so basically day one patch introduced a shit ton to the game instead of just fixes

nu males sky released?

Just (1)ing to say that I agree with this. Fuck you. I play your game how I want you. You made a mistake and fucked it up? That's fine, but don't blame me for being an opportunistic player

So much of Holla Forums is ragging on this game and has been since information has started coming out, but like you said, it's going to have loads of 800 post threads and generals.
I keep wondering how this always happens

Eh, just report is and give the overwatch treatment, make it a cycling thread.

I really doubt they left the game as-is this whole entire time and did ALL THAT SHIT just weeks before launch.

On the other hand, why is all this shit a part of the day 1 patch and not on the disk to begin with? Did they jump the gun months ago and produce disks of the game too soon, and then immediately realize it's shit and start working on the updates? It's just bizarre.

Why has there not been a lawsuit?

So now the game is railroading into selected worlds? What the fuck?

It comes out on the 12th

it doesn't it still coming out on the 8th or whatever

Again?

They're not even trying to hide their complete lack of video game experience pre-2008.

I concur. A sandbox where you play the game the way they want you to? Reminds me of 'Balance patches' games get by fans.

The cynic in me thinks it's because of disc costs. Release the game on one disc, avoid paying the premium for more than one disc, and have players download the rest of the game.

It's juice n' jam time guys

Just like use CE and spoil the center of universe/galaxy for the retards that bought it.

More like this.

Oh yeah. If the game gets a pirate release I'll do just that.

Truly it was too euphoric for words

I didn't realise this was an early access game.

This guy is playing Nu-male sky for 24 hours for donations to cancer.
Playing a cancer game to progress research into cancer, it's ironic poetry.

It's sad the PS4 can't run this garbage at 60fps.

This stream truly is a post modern experience.

Yeah Kill yourself fam.

They're SJW?

My fault then, guess I should look into channels before I embed them.

Why is video game at 30 FOV? Do you play as a cyclops or some shit?

Damn I want to kick this fuck in the teeth bad.

This console generation was a mistake.

ok look it's that one numale emoji from twitter

Casuals have no fucking idea what cheats are in games and think that doing anything not originally intended by the dev is blatant cheating. These same idiots going on about how trying to foolproof Skyrim so it doesn't fuck up is cheating probably downloaded some cool looking sword you can get at the start which outdamages end game weapons but that's fine because it's just a mod.

Games have been doing this since Elite. You can do this in Space Engineers for fucks sake. At least in that game you can autistically build cock-shaped space ships.

Oh so it's not multiplayer at all then

So why go to a planet thats allready been discovered? if the things you can interact with are infinite then each individual one has no meaning. Naming a planet "asscrackia V" is pointless because most other people will never see it, itll just get lost in the void. So the main gameplay mechanic is rendered moot.

Excatly what is wrong with this type of game. Have fun "discovering" the same thing over and over again but with slight colouration differences and different word-salad names.

So its a multiplayer game where you'll never see another player. A game about discovery where everything you discover is the same, and no one cares about what you discover or will even realistically ever see it, and the gameplay consists of holding down a button to scan stuff and a minecraft style crafting system. This is the first 20 minutes of an hour and a half quicklook by the way.

10/10 GOTY goys. Gulp down that thick salty marketing budget Sony dropped on this and be thankfull that your overlords have deigned to bless you with this golden god of gaming.

Nigga what

No.

Is the game still dipping into a cinematic 14 FPS?

It's 'filmic' you shitlord.

There's really nothing more to it. The sound and music is so samey too. It's incredible to think this is the entire game.

It's 'flicic' you trilobite.

I'm just extremely mad.

This.

It's like if the guys that make "back massagers" got triggered people weren't using them for their backs.
They made the game to be fun, right? If my idea of fun doesn't involve the feeling of achievement from hours of grinding, then fuck off and let me enjoy.

Oh, right, without grinding I'd be done with it in about 20 mins.

They dont even try to pretend this isnt an ad.

So, the entire game is Elite: Dangerous Hipster Edition? And it has no fucking multiplayer of any kind? I wonder if there's no multiplayer because they couldn't make it, or because people killing people in a fucking sandbox game triggers people to no fucking end.

That would be implying the game has a similar amount of things to do.

I weathered through the numale beard phase and now have an olde times beard

God, game journalists are pathetic.

wow, really good fair and balanced review!

I don't get why you guys care so much. I had no interest years back or whenever it was revealed.

What is a numale beard even?

Same reason why I cared about tortanic, DmC, mn9 etc.

Either the dirty jew beard, or the half assed short lumberjack beard.

gamespot's had a point until they tried to philosophize at the end. An open world game that provides no context for its exploration is meaningless

I love how the GameSpot review starts sounding like it's aimed at the right issues then goes off the fucking rails with all the existential crisis.

it's an attempt at subversion. The content being shit is a fair criticism, but by contorting it as a "muh subjective experience. muh kantian feels" they try and write it off.

Because when a game like this is hailed as a 10/10 GOTY that pushes boundries and does brand new never-before seen things it is at best a stagnation of video games as a medium. A very good case could be made that it's a regression.

It does nothing new, but it has a big advertising budget. Game journos have forgotten other games that did this same shit 20 years ago, and act like its a brand new thing. 12 year olds who have no historical context for video games will eat it up.

But it's got less to do than Elite did. It's less customisable than Space Engineers. Theres less to explore than other exploration games. etc.

The sole achievement of this game is it's marketing. In every way that it matters it is derivative and unoriginal. Which would be fine if it was a good game, but it doesn't seem to be from all evidence.

But it will be on top-ten games of the year lists come december. It'll make millions. It'll bne hailed as a massive success in the medium other studios should strive for. And none of it is earned.

TL;DR games like this begin this successfull and getting this much praise, and the specific praise it gets, hurts video games on the whole. It's bad for people who love video games.

im sure they mean things like weak points on the ships, not random crits.
im so sure

And, this shit is 60 euro when you can get Space Engineers for 23, or Elite: Dangerous with the planetary landing DLC for 50 and you get 1984 Elite for free with it, probably a lot fucking cheaper from CD key sites even.

procedural generation makes everything good!

I wonder if it's gender prime

How the fuk does it fly with such little butterfly wings?

It's a Nu-Male creation. It doesn't have an ego, sense of pride, or testicles to weigh it down.

Buying the game, just for This. Erect a massive black phallic object. Balls included. In the middle of the star system. And all races/planets/objects we can name we'll just spam it with memes and /boards/.

Because SPORE.

maybe this is a giant garden planet, and he encountered some alien bumblebee

9th guy has the potential to be a trap

Reverse trap.

Ok that made me chuckle.

No one can see what you do in the game.

When they load a world, even if you've discovered it, it's loaded in its pristine first-generated state. It doesn't save changes to planets except on your specific copy of the game.

It seems completely impossible to interact with other humans in this game. I have no idea why they pretended it was in any way multiplayer.

You can name planets and stuff, but with these SJW devs I cannot imagine there isn't a word filter. Or they wont be proactively scrubbing "problematic" names from the game.

Do they pay you good?

He is a she or something?

J U S T

how dare you assume thon subscribed to the binary gender mindset

It even sounds like it's in pain.

She a woman that hates men so much she wants to turn into one.

I am so sorry i thought thon was a attack helicopter. Please forgive me!

Oh yeah, solid, cinematic 17, on what looks like to be a COD2 map.

From the streams I've seen, most of the creatures look like a random mashup of parts that make no fucking sense.

You know what? Those creatures look really surreal. I actually now want more of this.

I don't remember the last time a game that was (rightfully) panned by leaks actually got changes before/on release. Usually devs/publisher just shrug their shoulders and move on, hoping that fanboys and preorder idiots rationalise their purchases.

Woah, careful goyim, you wouldn't want to get sued for copyright infringement.

This is going to be a trainwreck.

oh and did I mention space is appearantly pink in this game

I think the only thing this game will have going for it is that it can occasionally produce a pretty screenshot that might make an okay desktop background.

Shameful.

Giantbomb are retarded and almost DSP-tier bad at vidya, news at 11.

does anyone know what's at center already? i cant fucking wait to start spoiling this shit

I'll consider pirating it in a few months, but I'm only paying attention to the game for the salt.

If Holla Forums actually played this then they'd actually spoil the game instead of being faggots like that nigger on reddit

a mixed race couple
ooga booga booga

Once we have concrete proof, I expect screenshots, memes, and a coordinated operation thread pinned.

This article: archive.is/p8TEj

It's not the hardware… programmers are getting lazier and lazier.

From what we know about the devs, what could the big secret really be?

It's either some unfunny meme or a faux-intellectual 2deep4u thing.

The lead dev takes his "game" way to seriously for ebin memes. 2deep4u is very possible

There's always gunshot + fade to black

>Joe Danger 2

this

we have some of the most amazing hardware available right now and nobody is even able to utilize half of it's potential

oh and by the way, vid related is GT4 played on a PS2, not GT5/6 on PS3

Everything they've said about the game heavily emphasizes that the journey and the act of exploration and discovery are more important to them than actual gameplay.

So, I'm guessing the center of the galaxy will show you a "greatest hits" slideshow of planets you've visited and then dump you at a random end of the galaxy with some pseudo-deep message about how great it will be to do it all again.

what the fuck is a numale though
why cant you faggots just use regular insults like pussy or bitch
jesus

well it's kinda combination of both

nu-male: hipster looking cucks who also happen to be betas who support sjw feminism

because as anomymous leejun we cant have special snowflake titles so we need to use special snowflake insults XD

how about you use google faggot

>Anneli Rufus is the author of many books, including Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto, and the Nautilus Award-winning Stuck: Why We Don't (or Won't) Move On , and the coauthor of still more, including Weird Europe and The Scavengers' Manifesto. In 2006, she won a Society of Professional Journalists award for criticism.

Are you retarded or just new to the internet?

citadelfoundations.blogspot.de/2016/03/enter-nu-male.html

Yeah just look at Fox Engine. It's considered to be fucking whichcraft but it should be the norm.
Plus devs use console as an excuse to downgrade (and still run like shit).
Gotta stay underbudget goy (especially since most of the money goes into marketting/paid reviewers).

Uh huh.

Great argument!

Counter argument worthy of your argument.

So, the talk about other galaxies seems to be true.
Which raises the question of how many galaxies you need to clear to make it to "the center" as well as whether someone is willing to slog through enough soul crushing 30-hour grind sections to find out.
I am not endorsing this channel in any way, it is just the first video I found

Looks like a shitty winamp visualisation from years ago.

A friend of mine said that NMS reminded him too much of fable: promises the wolrd (or galaxy, in this case) but invariably fails to deliver.

I'd partly blame Sony for marketing the game as something it isn't. However, it sounds like in a 10 or 8 months it might actually be worth buying. If content keeps on coming out like this, that is.

So who knows, I might end up buying NWS in (late)2017, but there's no way I'm getting it now, and burning myself out on it, at launch when they clearly aren't done.

Except I didn't say anything prior to my post you fuckhat.

In that case worthy of
Was that too hard to understand?

That logic: digging a hole in an infinite plane would cost you much more money than digging a hole in a small field.

I could go the other way around: why pay 60 bucks for the entirety of a game I'm only going to "experience" 0.0000000000001% of?

This guy must think Minecraft was revolutionary because wow holy moly the in-game world is three times the size of Earth! You can explore forever!

That post is too hard to understand

Because waiting until all of this was done before printing the discs would mean another delay of a month or two while the discs get printed. This strategy is actually pretty much the best for the consumer - we get the game on time, with the content, and all it costs is a few minutes (or hours if your internet sucks) of downloading before you load it up the first time. Still miles better than a month-long delay.

Physical distribution needs to die.

As someone who lived the first twenty years of his life in a home where the internet connection speed was 2 megaBITS per second, absolutely not. Not until the USA gets its internet infrastructure figured out and we outlaw data caps and the like.

I could probably even get into it for a few weeks for some empty autism collecting, but looks like the "space travel" loading times were horrendous. Took over a minute just flying in hyperspace to the next destination. Fuck that.

Do you not have any hobbies to take your mind off of inane bullshit like what kind of gender people identify as?

IT BEGINS. READY YOUR SALT BUCKETS.

Update 1 patch or not, it's still shit. Some pro reviews are out.

Even if I was actually interested in watching through the entire thing, I wouldnt be anymore.

you're probably exactly right.

Anybod got a magnet link?

Seems about right

To be fair, did WE not do the same thing for Fo4?

Maybe it was some other game, but I definitly remember Metacritic brigading

Cancerous of them, but doesn't change the fact that the game is shit and that the most helpful reviews of the game are actual negative reviews and not shitposts.

Holy shit, how much of a cuck do you have to be to go out of your way to continually give bad reviews to a game you never played.

Game isn't out yet retard.

Salt Party was about spoiling the ending to people, not necessarily giving the game itself a bad rep. I assumed most people knew that they couldn't change the minds normalfags and just wanted to spoil the experience for those that actually cared.

Technically the game is out, just on the Playstation 4.

There was some metacritic brigading besides the salt party though. Some here got extremely dramatic about this game in general.

because for one for him there will be 25 ledditors who will vote 10/10 based on trailers and kotaku articles then actually play the game for 3-4 hours then never touch it again, waiting for another miraclous game

people actually expected this to be more than gone home: space edition

Oh, it gets better.

Thread is either filled with shit talkers who haven't played it saying how shit it is, or faggots who bought it and are playing it now, trying to talk you out of playing it. Both opinions are equally fucking invalid.

Your generation is terrible.

THON/THON?
THIS AIN'T FUCKIN' STAR WARS
THE FUCK IS THON/THON?

Please, enlighten us as to how great a game Nu Male's Sky is, then.

Sage for doublepost.

Of course we haven't played it yet, torrents aren't out for three days.

So this is an early access game?

I haven't played it yet, hence why i'm not shitting up Holla Forums with an uninformed opinion.

Surely its just an accident you left out the shills saying how great the game is because their opinions are totally valid right?
Fuck off faggot, have fun spending 60 dollars on an indie game with less shit to do than SPORE.

I watched the leak on youtube and it wasn't as terrible Holla Forums made it out to be but instead it looks boring as fuck. But what's really pisses me off though is that people are treating this shit like the second coming of Christ.

It's a finished game but it isn't really fun at all so you're better off sticking to elite or something

Nice procedural language generation you've got there. Anyone else watching the DSP stream for more stupidity?

Aren't followers essential anyway though?

Holy fuck, this game actually may be decent if they do this.

It's just gonna be the ability to lay down prelude buildings, you know that.

Meh, if they even give us subnatica-like prefabs I'll be satisfied
But it's nowhere near worth $60

is this the future? hyping games up and under delivering and then slowly releasing patches that take it from an utter disappointment into just plain meh territory? Has the cancer of early access spread to supposedly ready-to-ship games to the extent that you can literally sell an undercooked game to fags with the promise you'll fix it all later by adding the features that should've been there at the start??

I know games have been released unfinished forever, but this seems like another case of not finishing shit because you can just slowly dribble out patches and bug fixes over time a la the crap on steam rather than consumers demanding higher standards from releases like the days before the internet became ubiquitous

Its hardly a new thing, hell the sims games for example have done this for years.
Each new sims game starts out completely barebones with no comparison to the content of the last one and then they slowly drip feed paid expansions to actually gain back the stuff the game should have had from the very start.

I have to applaud this man. He somehow managed to use almost every possible buzzword in his review.

Two players tried to meet up. Exact same spot. They couldn't see each other. Each version of their planet aren't even on the same day/night cycle.

I like how even the little information they released were lies

Not only is it "super rare to meet another player", it's also impossible kek. Here's some damage control on plebbit. archive.is/BLMjV

Never change, reddit.

It's like I'm playing Spore all over again.

Holy shit

They probably created a lot of different parts and then made it so a monster was created from random parts and placed on a planet.

Herre user, eat this shit sandwhich.

What's that? You don't want to eat a steamy turd mahsed between two soggy slices of bread? Why not? You cannot possibly have any opinion on the matter one way or another untill you have felt the nutty paste of my shit stuck to the roof of your mouth. Only then will you know if you like it or not.

Any opinion either way at this point would be, how did you put it, "fucking invalid."

Some more.

satisfied with putting a generic building section on a generic planet filled with generic mobs that no one will ever see or interact with and that serves no purpose beyond the absolutely most shallow implimentation of letting you put an empty room down and do nothing with it?

Because that's what it will be if the rest of the game is anything to go by.

So since this game seems to be singleplayer only how likely will it be that we can pirate it the first day it comes out?

How the fuck would pause work if they see each other?. pausing actually pause the game here

Yes GoG version confirmed

Starbound 3D: The Game

I'm confused. Is the game even multiplayer at all?

Can people please stop comparing this game to games with actual content? This game has NOTHING, it literally is a walking simulator with the restriction of having you point at some outcrops of resource X for a while to advance to the next walking section

I think it's something similar to how dragon's dogma is multiplayer. everyone is playing a singleplayer game but you can share info with other players (like naming something I guess). it's nothing more than that.

I expected them to at least have it so retarded spore tier creatures wouldn't be generated, but oh well.

Except Starbound actually has things to do now

Starbound has content now? It's been a while since I looked at it.

It's multiplayer in that maybe you'll stumble upon something that someone already discovered.
I don't know if you can even see things other players built.

No, just add it to the pile of lies sean has made to build hype for the game to get preorders.
Hes only now admitting its horseshit because its out on PS4 and people are going to find out for themselves that its a singleplayer game.

The people who fell for the hype and are now grasping at straws to try and find ways sean wasn't lying is amazing though, probably more fun to witness than actually playing the game.

you can't build anything.

If by multiplayer you mean "name shit and upload it to a server so that nobody ever will find it or care" then yes.

You can't see anything another player does.

You can't build things anyway though so it would be limited to very surface level terrain deformation.

The multiplayer seems to literally be the fact that you can name things you discover, and if someone finds it they'll see "user discovered this, he called it a noosetree!"

Though I doubt they'll keep the names unfiltered for long, if they aren't allready.

why is he so vague about it.

¯\_(シ)_/¯ - Sean Murray no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Ah sweet thanks, no way in hell I'm paying for this piece of shit. It MAY be fun to play for like an hour at best every once in a while.

See that NPC standing there? How do you know it's not just an AFK player?! See?! Totally multiplayer!"

This is pretty funny. I remember them saying shit about multiplayer, I guess it was just naming planets and shit. Though pretending the universe is bigger then it actually is by saying people can never go to the same planet at the sake time is hilarious, and the desperation among fanboys to make up some theory that works is pathetic.

Because hes been lying the whole time about multiplayer being possible in order to build hype and get preorders, just like everything else about the game.
If you want a real show watch his twitter over the next couple days as he backpedals nonstop over all the promised features that people can see aren't actually there now that its out.

It has shit content but it is content yes.

Remember that trailer from last years E3 ( i think) where they showed the guy flying around in a squad, landing on planets together, all getting out their ships and taking off and flying in formation?

I do.

How did this game drum up such a shitstorm for it's release? I don't remember this game being received so dramatically when it was revealed.
All of a sudden people are acting like this is some kind of Spore 2.0 disaster.
It had to be something special beforehand to be a Spore disaster.

It's just a shitty indie game, it was nothing when it was revealed, it's nothing at release, what's the controversy?

It's just funny, I didn't think anyone needed more than that.

Me, you and the rest of the anons were calling it what it was since day one, but not so the rest of the gibbering imbeciles that constantly find new ways to fuck up our hobby.

To them this was the Next Big Thing. These slobbering troglodytes actually bought into the hype (again) and will now get burned.

At least back in the day, with Spore, I had Will Wright's reputation to believe in. Not that it made me buy the game, but I was still pretty goddamn salty when Spore came out.

Its lurk more you fucking faggot

Because a lot of people bought it as the next big
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
game.

Of course, we know how those always end up.

There was a stream last night where it was green.

QUINTILLION COLOURS SHOAH

they hyped the game to the point of cult of personality

This one? I wonder how many people are pissed because multiplayer is not a real thing, because it sure seemed like thats one of the things they were selling.

gaming media have convinced every single casual that this game is groundbeakingly innovative and unique because it does things that have been common in the genre for 20 odd years.

Talk to anyone who is excited about this game and they'll invariably use the word "innovative" or "original" or "unique" and when you ask them to tell you why they'll list of features done better in another game thats been out for years.|

It's like if Watch Dogs 2 was released and peoeple were shitting themselves in excitement beacuse you could steal cars and kill any pedestrian in the game. Or calling the third person camera perspective unique.

The hype built around this game rivals spore, you just wouldn't know it from here since nobody here is retarded enough to buy into the hype.
I was checking the steam discussions for the game and the people buying into the hype there is a thing to behold, even after being shown through leaks and ps4 release footage that it doesn't live up to the hype they still won't accept it as they clutch their preorders.

got screen caps of the hype?

That's an insult to the likes of Elite and Frontier, that have both a wider scope and greater depth that this turd.

I have to admit I kind of wanted to be a pirate and grief faggots. But lol. Glad I waited.

That's what I'm saying though. Landing on planets and shit like that isn't unique, it's been around for decades. And the old games did it orders of magnitude better than NMS implimentation.

But marketing and journos have told the clueless that these things are new. So they're new now.

There already is a filter
And to top it off reich and guzzler aren't registered.

That one does it too but theres one where they land on an ice planet and theres ships landing and taking off all around them on.

They seem to have done a pretty good job of heavily implying multiplayer without ever actually saying it though.

Surprise! Those are all npc's that you can trade with or buy their ship. They've done a very good job with implying multiplayer.

And it really makes me fucking mad that there has not been any major technological advancement in these types of games since the mid 90s. It's goddamn pathetic that nobody, not the (new) Elite developers, not Star Citizen, and not NMS can actually make a modern version of a game that has been around for 20+ years.

wew

what space combat

Just wondering which games did this in the past? Do you mean cutscene from orbit to landing, or actually allowing you to fly through space and land anywhere on the surface of planets to walk around and do stuff?

This is the issue.

People aren't looking for complex, but an
EXPERIENCE!

We're talking about people who, for 10 years, have had their hand held "playing" cinematic experiences.

People don't do things because they want to or because it's fun any more. It's all about the
EXPERIENCE!

We actually had gameplay footage of Will's vision of spore though, and then EA went off to ruin it all.

wow the game has fall damage too. 1 meter fall damage

Looks pretty cool

I mean flying from space to a planets surface and vice versa.

Earliest one I remember is Elite 2, which was 1993 if I recall correctly. So over 20 years ago.

Most recent one I can think of is Space Engineers. I think you can do it in the new Elite now too, but I've not played that.

Point is NMS didn't invent it and does it the worst. I'd rather have loading screens if it meant there was some reason to land and go back into space. Rather than finding a slightly different shade of green on a tree and being able to name it whatever you want (no swear words though!)

Loading screens are so unique and innovative!

Straight up landing on planets.

Even E:D does it now with Horizon, but it's barren planets and it's pretty boring and the expansion isn't worth the money.

All planets have earth like gravity?

a game in early access already has more shit than this, al beit it still no NPCs to fight

So NMS is a E:D rip-off?

They actually do, they're called pirates
You have to set up ships to be controlled by the pirate faction and you can fight rhem

For 3D, Damocles: Mercenary II, which came out in 1990 is even earlier.

Without 3D you had another game, I can't recall the name, I remember you inherit a ship and need to track down and collect a number of McGuffins. What was unique about the game is that you could go into a planet and fly around, land anywhere, take your "jeep" and drive on the surface, even exit the "jeep" and walk on foot.

And on top of that the game had big, complex cities with buildings you could enter in, and even random encounters to be had in them.

Oh, also Empyrion. That's been on early access for a while but there's not as many planets or anything.

Technically it's an Elite rip-off in general I guess? But the old Elite games were bretty gud. Especially Elite 2

That was in preset destinations… basically what any old flight simulator allowed. It's still interesting that this was done so long ago, but it's not the same remix.

I am annoyed by people who think every new game is 100% original. But I'm also annoyed with retards who think only 100% originality matters. All mechanics have been done before no exceptions, and it was mostly Japan who did them. Everything else branches from that. If you can't say that innovation isn't possible beyond those original attempts at core mechanics then I don't know what would possibly impress you.

NMS looks interesting but also looks like it would get old fast. It's disgusting that they implied multiplayer was at all possible. I assumed they only listed singleplayer just because it would be statistically improbable that two players would be able to meet. They should have said >it was impossible for two players to meet because there is absolutely no multiplayer< but then again they knew if they said exactly that people's hype boners would die out.

Starflight (1990?) let you find planets, orbit and scan, then land and explore. You built a party, equipped your ship, negotiated with or fought aliens, all kinds of shit.

no I mean like actual human NPCs, I know full well of space pirates, I took one of their dreadnaughts for myself after it crashed into the moon

Also, look at this shit. This was released in 1991.

What the fuck happened to our hobby?

Holy shit, I remember playing the first Midwinter. Cross country skiing to a lift, riding the lift, taking a hang-glider from the summit… hell of a lot of fun.

Nothing goyim! Space sims are still great! Just look, there's NMS, E:D, Star Citizen, and X-Rebirth!

1. People pirated too much. Yes, piracy can help spread word of mouth, but it can also kill sales when there is a large overlap between people who are likely to pirate and people who are the target audience. I find that more technically abled people pirate more… which leads to complexity of mechanics. Many people think they are smart to pirate, many smart people are too stupid to see if everyone of an audience of a game pirates that means those kinds of games can no longer be financially viable.
2. Casual entered the market. Yes, many are retards who have no taste, but they still spend money. They uplift shit you don't like, because they are willing to support them (or "too dumb to pirate").
3. Devs saw that casuals were buying games more, so appealed to casuals more. Games become more mass market. Complex features are rarely added, but when they are it's super hyped.

It's really that simple. There are of course sets of gamers who are smart enough to buy and pay for what they want to support even knowing they could easily pirate, and those game devs keep making games.

Did the Gamespot guy just have an existential break down?

i didn't know better I would say they're shills

So it's just an interactive soundtrack like Proteus? I mean, the only good thing about NMS is the soundtrack.

To add to 3, game industry has amnesia with game mechanics. So when things are done again it's call innovation because the older games people mostly are not aware of. I try to study Japanese console games and am constantly amazed at how many amazing mechanics have been made with no modern equivalent.

I just want someone to finally fucking do right by the genre. How fucking hard can it be when people managed to achieve it 20 years back?

I think you're putting too much blame on piracy.

Sure, supporting developers that make games you like is important, but so are those developers rewarding your loyalty by continuing to make such games.

And we know they, more often than not, don't reward such loyalty. Truth of the matter is that voting with your wallet rarely works, since the fuckwits always outnumber us no matter what we do, and it's the rare breed of developer that can resist the allure of the shekel for long.

I'd be surprised if most pirates are pirating every game and never buying them even if they're good.
Everyone I know that pirates only use them as a glorified demo since demos don't exist anymore, if anything piracy is just saving people from having buyers remorse over bad games, not preventing good games from making money.

"I've been asked a lot about it. Yes I'm currently doing a proper video about this game. This is just a tease - CrowbCat"
No Man's Blunder confirmed.

And by that you mean you hope they are shills.

I don't give a fuck what gender anyone "identifies" as. All that matters to me is if they're XX or XY.

Putting too much blame on piracy is the same as not putting enough on. DRM does work to convert pirates when it can stop piracy. If people didn't pirate devs would have more security to be able to make games that people will buy honestly, and not have a whole class of people who with a flip of a switch will go from buying games which interest them to buying nothing because now they just download for free.

yes, I do hope they're shills
how can someone legitimately buy into any hype like that?

Just like how shitty Denuvo are, right schlomo?

Cannot wait, every other video has been great.

I really hope you are just an underaged tard

You're preaching to the choir. I just want a space sim where I can fly with a friend in a small smuggling vessel with the multiplayer/econymy interaction of EVE. Never ever.

I have no doubt at all that while that DRM was uncracked it did convert potential pirates to customers. I still hate DRM even if I can objectively accept it works to make devs more money when people cannot choose to pirate if they want to play a game, even a shitty game.

Oh god yes, give me another MMO that's infested with goons and furries.

user a lot of people outright refuse to buy denuvo games because of the drm itself, yet, lo and behold, it got bypassed once and then cracked for the tomb rider, and it looks like the cracking method can be used.

That's extremely naive. First of all devs that want their "dream game" still make their dream game. Anything past that they make games for profit. A lot of devs are jumping on mobile because it's "low effort high profit". Nowadays games are always in an unfinished mess, and publishers want money so they use drm to limit piracy so frustrated and impatient people buy their shit. Just think about it, the disappearance of demos. They don't want you to taste anything until you actually buy it at full price. They only go for hype, and then just push out the final "product".

Never happened to me. If I can't pirate a game I don't bother with it, and I usually buy what I want to begin with.

People will stop pirating when the convenience and perks of buying games outweighs the price of the product the pirates offer.

As I get older and have more disposable income I find I value my time more than I do free shit, so I buy games that I like, maybe pirate it beforehand so I can see if it's a dud.

Remember, people were surprised by this.

Learn how to fuck them over pleb. Buddy and I have quite a few tales of infiltrating newbie corps in EVE, gaining trust, then taking as many assets as we could.

Survival-crafting is the single most cancerous thing to happen to modern video games.

This doesn't have either though. It's a walking simulator, which are even more cancerous.

It is neither

People say so, but they also say they would boycott games like CoD or L4D2, and yet people who were "in the boycott" were also the first to play on release date. That DRM is cracked now, but it was also notorious for not being cracked for a long time.

See, above. I somewhat agree about the "piracy / service" argument, but it's only true for certain classes of people and there can still be lack of genre overlap with these classes of people and the audience games were made for.

Tell me what happened to space sims. Tell me what happened to so many core, PC genres. Tons of people downloading pirated copies. Developers going bankrupt left and right. Meanwhile more devs who were cross platform with consoles survived, and even grew to dominate.

Piracy of full games / IAP is a massive problem on mobile too. Piracy there is part of why the charts are dominated by casual trash, because, again, it's the casuals actually willing to pay (or "too dumb to pirate").

Yes, that's exactly it. People have no self control so they buy. That's still security for the devs who use DRM, and punishment for the devs who don't, because those devs will just get pirated more.

It does.
From what I've watched of the game, most of your time is spend hunting and mining resources so you can craft warp drives so you can actually travel to more systems.

When did this happen exactly?

Does the game have a failure state?

yes you can die.

You can do anything guise.

Purchasing it.

You must be living in an alternate reality where 99% of game releases are not casualized trash?

Yes i saw the images, but user, are you seriously implying that the people who were interested in cod and l4d2 being boycotted are from the same group of people who waits dor denuvo to be cracked? Those were mostly casuals wouldn't you think? You aren't exactly bringing up any kind of point with that.

You yourself said that casuals swarmed in. Do you have any actual proof of piracy relating to what became of vidya?

Naw m8, I'm unfortunately living in that universe. But nowhere have I seen pirating actually kill the developers of good games.

Yeah, sheep will readily pay for objective shit. But this is all the more a reason why pirating doesn't kill developers: because the majority will always willingly spend money over the tiny tiny minority that pirates.

Please tell me this is not actually the center and is some sort of prank. Can someone verify this?

Can anyone explain to me why Holla Forums hates this game?

watch a 10 min gameplay you'll know.

No fucking way

Looks like when you first start the game to me from watching other people play. Unless that's all the center does.

If this is real, then just about everyone and their mother called it.

Because you can do ANYTHING, while actually not being able to do anything.
Also massive hype and empty promises.

THIS CANT ACTUALLY BE IT, HOLY FUCK NOT EVEN THE NORMALFAGS WILL EAT THIS SHIT UP

judging from the comments you discover a new galaxy when you reach the center of the universe

If this is the real fucking ending i'll fucking die of laughter

I've never seen a game completely eat itself before. Is this what they meant when they said that video games will transcend into a new art form?

Holy shit, if thats it I must say these people are top contenders for the best scam of 2016.

The obvious shilling. Not as bad as Fallout 4 but still obvious.

You know they will defend it.

hOLY FUCKING KEK.

They didnt even go with the 2001 ending I expected. Truly disappointing in every regard

Its a deep metaphor about human existence user

Its not even worth spoiling, its so bad.
Multiple anons have been calling it for some time, but I at least expected something more to make the player feel good when they just put you in a new universe.

How the fuck are we supposed to spoil this for normalfags when its FUCKING NOTHING?

The most disappointing part about this horseshit is that there isn't even anything to spoil.

I don't hear anyone talking about if this game is challenging or skill-based. It looks like a single player MMO.

I bet those fuckers did it on purpose just to suck out the last bit of fun we could have had with the game.

Fucking faggots.

Yet this will still sell a million copies. This is why I never buy new games, never watch E3, avoid hearing about what's coming out in 2 years or whatever. It's been proven beyond all doubt many times now that marketing is the ONLY important part of game design. Long live video games, video games are dead.

I was watching the stream that I posted earlier in this thread, the guy landed on a planet, you need fuel to take off again, he didn't have enough thinking it would be easy enough to just get resources from the planet.
NOPE
It was a hazardous planet, he had to keep walking and exploring for the tiniest bit of plutonium.
It took him an hour to explore and he couldn't even use his ship to move around on the planet as taking off requires fuel.
Great design indie fags.

That's the beauty of it user. We hype it up like this . Overhype it up to insane proportions, just go fucking ham. And then, it'll hit them like a ton of bricks.

The best part is you might even redpill some normalfags to the cancer that is lazy AAA garbage.

I dont avoid hearing about games, I ocasionally watched E3 over the years and I used to buy games. Even as a little 12 year old faggot I could see if it was going to be a game I liked or just bullshit marketing.

Wait, are you saying you need to gather up fuel every time you land on a planet regardless of how much you have in stock?

Makes sense. People want to know whats in the center, and since people are going to play it in the shortest time to find out, why make it interesting? Make it so boring nobody wants to spoil it because there is nothing, so other players can keep exploring thinking something is actually there.

LOL

Redditors are truly the greatest goyim around.

No lad, but it takes a lot of fuel to take off he thought he had enough, but he didn't.
You can take fuel with you e.t.c and it's easy enough to farm in space asteriods everywhere, but on the planets themselves, some are very, very sparse with almost no resources, some are full to the brim with resources.

Apparently a lot of people have also died who have started out on a toxic planet because of it keep eating away at your life support while you're learning the game.

Extremely fake and unfathomably gay.

I saw a guy on stream waste 20 minutes getting to the center via the map and he couldn't select it

Yes, 1 hour and 35 minutes ago it was the 9th of august

Got a link to that stream?

could be NPCs, not necessarily other players.

see

Ah yes, I remember Jimmy Job Smith, the famous space explorer. He discovered thousands of planets that were just floating in the void, only five minutes away from our space station (we still wonder to this day how everyone was so lazy no one bothered looking in that direction). Somehow, it amazes me to think he actually discovered them considering they were already filled with buildings, but that's not important since he also discovered every animal living on those planets, and every ruin on their surface too… did you know he also discovered multiple galaxies?

This book right here talks about Jimmy Job Smith's story. It humbly starts with "Jimmy Job Smith discovered" and the rest is an endless list of things he discovered by wandering around like a bumbling fool. We're still not done building the library that will contain all the others books. Did you know he named each rock of each planet?

That good old Jimmy Job Smith.

What a moron.

I doubt he does.

fun

forever

HAHAHA it's a procedurally generated walking simulator in space

… since when does multiplayer warrants a PEGI 12? "The world is mean, you need to be five years older to understand that, even with word filter"

loved that game when it came out…gaming is shit today

Come on, this is nonsense.

Rooster Teeth are such hipster cunts

(fucking checked)
This means Seanposting will now be a thing, right?

watching some streams
looks pretty fun

also pirate copy when?

How did he ever think this wouldn't be found out?

I never get how this ever becomes profitable in the long run and how companies like EA are still in business with the shit they've pulled over the years, and it seems even fucking stranger that most people acknowledge these shitty companies and what they do and yet still buy their shit. I guess as long as it's fun it's okay guys :^)

So when's the OC webm with fitting music and smug animu girls going to be made about this game?

If Seanposting isn't a thing yet, it should.

Quick question:

What would you put in the center of the Galaxy?
I've seen some gameplay, the whole thing looks boring so it's not something I'd spend more than 5$ on.

But people complaining about the "ending"…
What would even make sense to be there?
I think there's two problems here:

I'm out of ideas. Spore gave you that magic tool to terraform 42 planets. Massive boost to your economy if used right, but then, why would you bother anyway?