Armored Warfare

What went wrong?

Was it the retarded design decisions?

The shot delay?

Making every class but MBTs obsolete?

huh I remember this game. I was really eager to play it but it was in closed alpha back then so I stopped following it much and now I forgot about it. did they release it? how is it?

test

Shot delay is actually fixed now, though they still have a shit ton to do.

gee, I wonder…

((((((((((((free)))))))))) to play
((((((((((((pay)))))))))) to enjoy

Ah, I forgot
yea, tough shit going through it without premium

obsidian seal of quality.

Well there was a fuckton of things. Essentially though the biggest issue is they went full WoT clone, except instead of learning from the mistakes Wargaming made, they decided to make the exact same fucking mistakes.

At the moment they've gone full cashgrab mode, I think about a third of the vehicles in game are all permium vehicles and none of the vehicles that are getting added are actually what any of the community asked for. They could have drawn in a nice batch of WoT players if they took what are essentially Tier 8-10's in WoT and put them as their Tiers 1-4. For a game that is meant to have cold war vehicles in, they have still to add two of the most significant and popular cold war vehicles; the T-55 and Centurion. That's like having WoT without the T-34 and Sherman! The devs are literally "Hey have a new Tier 10!" while everyone is wondering "Yeah great, but we want a new line since new players joining the game are struggling not only for PvP matches, but PvE matches as well!"

Their PvP mode died cause it was literally a carbon copy of WoT except worse with maps that are tight corridors and each balance pass they made promoted camping instead of movement. The MBT's are actually heavily underpowered in AW but due to the map design it never shows when you've got a 15vs15 clusterfuck going on in a map that's 1km in size. That new Lords of War mode they are testing on the RU server actually showed that it was the maps not the vehicles that fucked the balance up, since as soon as they made it a 5vs5 surprise suprise, AFV's were dominating like crazy. LT's have no reason to exist at all in game while I am sad to say it, Arty is underpowered like crazy.

Their PvE mode is the only thing keeping this game from fading into obsecurity cause well, it's the only unique thing about this game. Even then the balance is fucked up, player Tier 5's face Tier 10 AI tanks while player Tier 10 tanks face Tier 7 AI's, meaning that the only people really playing "Hard" mode are the ones still grinding out Tier 5-6's.

One of the worst things they fucked up was the economy and incentive to play at certain tiers. When the game went "Open Beta" within a week some special lulcows had grinded from Tier 1-8 and started bitching that there was nobody to play with, unable to comprehend that the majority of players were still barely past Tier 3. OE essentially made it so that there was massive desparity between Premium and Non-Premium earnings, think something like x4 more Rep and Credits were on average being earned by wallet warriors. OE catered to this minority instead of the majority and thus the population ended up heavily divided and began to dwindle, since they don't understand the concept that having players playing the game is a resource in itself. If you try to play Tiers 1-3 in this game you will now struggle to find a match since everyone is at higher tiers and nobody has a reason to go back to lower tiers, meaning that new players get put off of playing this game while older players get bored with a lack of new and interesting content, meaning the population plumets.

Overall the game especially the tiering system needs to rethought from scratch as the current system they have in place ensures that old players will get bored while new players will be put off.

And that's before going onto their unhealthy obsession with Twitch streamers and the Chieftain Mk.6 controversy

What could have possibly gone right?

I have disappointed you user-san

YOU BASTARD, YOU LEFT ME WITH NO ONE TO PLAY WITH.

I was actually enjoying the game just fine until they ran one of those "win 150 battles to get a free tier 6 premium" events. Grinding out 150 wins over two days completely burned me out.

Hey at least you guys had something going for a while, us europoors didn't manage to pull it off. I still have names.

lzwilde
x_NOSCOPETK_x (Your shame lives on in my memory italianon)
HateMail
burning_phoneix
Krivokidac
OrangeDream

The funny thing is the Europoor server is actually a lot better than the Burger server, not just population wise but framework wise. Even though ping will be higher, the Europoor server is a lot more stable and you actually end up with a smoother experience. How do they fuck up so bad that playing on the EU server is better for Americans than the US server is?

The horror that was HE-FRAG rounds still haunt me in my sleep.

Picrelated

Looks like someone is mad because his country cannot produce good tanks

They never fixed that issue either. They just downplayed the symptoms of it. You can still do something like 700 HE damage to the front of MBT's if you know how. Scorpions for example at Tier 3 can regularly do 200-400 damage using HE from the front!

I don't know, maybe mail.ru bought servers in Alaska in some guys basement or something.

If you like tanks, it's pretty nice.
I personally like it better than WoT, it is very similar though.

People who are saying that it's a dead game, obviously haven't played on the EU server. It's doing well enough to have constant PvP matches unless you decide to play in the middle of European night time. It is by no means a game with tens or hundreds of thousands of players, but it is atleast playable with the current amount of players.

What controversy?

They basically gave a bunch of twitch streamers keys for premium vehicles and the only way to get them was to sign up and subscribe to their channels to give them views. So the devs thought it was a better idea to get people watching people playing the game rather than get people playing the game themselves.

I would switch to playing on the EU server, but like-hell am I regrinding all my tanks again.

Not allowing people to switch freely between regions really bit them on the ass.

Obsidian's moto should be "If it's not broke, break it."

Well, I guess them animers melted your're are brain.

Yeah I've noticed AW is more interested in sucking the dick of twitch streamers than actually making their player base happy. Seriously, who the fuck gives a shit about twitch streamers especially when you look at their accounts and they have every vehicle unlocked for them?

I haven't played AW. The what?

They basically had a delay before your gun fired, meaning by the time you pulled the trigger the target could have buggered off home, gone for tea and biscuits, taken a shower and then read a book before your shell left the barrel.

They fixed it but introduced a whole host of new bugs. OE patching literally is 1 step forward a 100 steps backwards.

Oh it's input delay, I thought it was something like showing the gun firing and then a delay between that muzzle flash and the actual shot being fire

Oh it would do that as well on certain vehicles I recall.

Also just played a match there.

Their map designer should be fired. Some maps used to have small roads and paths only smaller vehicles could take, meaning there was incentive to use them and it gave them a badly needed opportunity to flank. They've just recently blocked off these paths screwing these vehicles even further. GG OE.

You EU or the empty server?

How badly will they miss this?

Well, they have to wait for Uralvagonzavod to develop them first, you know

Whoops, goes here

I never thought anyone would be more retarded than WG's map designer but here you go.

That's essentially failing at map design 101. Like every single map designer in the games industry these days have just completely forgotten how to make decent maps?

Kek'd cause I think the ones that are coming are yet more Slav AFV's, despite the majority of them being Slav shit already.

Why can't someone just host the game before it went to shit?

Have some actual UVZ propaganda for your post.
That way you will be able to tell the difference next time.

Just cause the US can't into IFV's doesn't mean that NATO can't.