Thoughts on this film as a film. Please no politico...

Thoughts on this film as a film. Please no politico. Please you're gonna make me beg can we discuss a film just on the filmaking elements for once. PLEASE

>steven (((spielberg)))

centrist pro-nigger bullshit, like all other movies made in the 90s.

Has some fun moments and overall is a well-made film, but it's just so boring and lame

DUDE WHAT

I enjoy watching optimistic american movies from the era from time to time.

the reddit invasion continues-

((( )))
can we discuss a film just on the filmaking elements for once. PLEASE
No.

i can't recall a single black person in the film.

It was pure post-modern kino. /ourguy/ Spielberg basically paved the way for PoCs to legally immigrate to America.

The mashed potato scene was funny

It's shit.
Just like everything else Spielberg has ever done.

I've only seen the director's cut (the one without the inside view of the mothership). Thought the special effects were really well done.

Some of the most hamhanded product placement I've ever seen

FUCK YOU

tbh the interior scenes are pretty dope. i can see why steven didn't want it in, since it wasn't important and really didn't add anything except fluff, but it was still neat to see it.

It's a great film. The acting, camerawork, music, and visual effects combine very effectively to make you feel fear, awe, amusement, excitement, and wonder. The plot is pretty straightforward but approached in such a way that the audience, like the characters, isn't sure what's ultimately going to happen. The characters are neither idiots nor geniuses, just ordinary Americans caught up in a weird, major event. It's really quite good.

(((Spielberg)))

Fire in the Sky is better.

Forgettable, very forgettable. The worst thing a movie can be

No fuck you, leatherman. I'll show you who is the boss of this gym.

So we got like 1 person talking about the film and liking it and everyone else throwing petty insults lol

I occasionally hum the piano tune to myself.

Du du DU du du

Why simply hum it?