ONE MILLION - Undocumented immigrant driver’s licenses near milestone in California

ONE MILLION - Undocumented immigrant driver’s licenses near milestone in California
Nearly a million undocumented drivers could be licensed in California by the end of the year.

Through June 2017, the Department of Motor Vehicles has issued approximately 905,000 driver’s licenses under Assembly Bill 60, the law requiring applicants to prove only their identity and California residency, rather than their legal presence in the state.

Passed in 2013, after more than 15 years of lobbying by advocates, AB 60 was intended to bolster public safety and reduce penalties for undocumented immigrants who drive. When it finally took effect at the beginning of 2015, making California the 10th state to offer driver’s licenses to immigrants living in the country illegally, the response was so immense that it doubled initial expectations.

That pace has since slowed considerably. The DMV issued about 11,000 AB 60 licenses last month, the lowest number since the program launched. There have been approximately 83,000 issued in the first half of 2017, only slightly more than March 2015, when the monthly total peaked with 76,000.

sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article163623103.html

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324
rawconservative.com/2015/10/californiaillegals/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thanks for making this deportation so much easier! we'll be right over to v8 you back to mexico
now it's a federal crime, you'll maybe do some time before you are shit out back on the Southern part of the wall

WTF are you doing propagating this bullshit? Stop copypasta reinforcing this crap.

Great, then we know at least a million Mexicans have the resources to drive back to Mexico.

How does one become "resident" when one is not in the country legally? Perhaps federal transit authorities should stop accepting California state ID as valid. Revoke any documents handed out to Californians who provided a state issues driver's license.

Invalidating the passports of a shit ton of liberals would be fun to watch as they are forced to travel by car through states who offer reciprocity.

How many beaner shits are in the fucking state?

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm still wildly confused at how going to get a licence while being an illegal immigrant isn't an automatic deportation. You're there illegally. As in: you're not supposed to BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. How the fuck do you get government papers for things while not actually being a legal resident of the country?

What the fuck is a federal transportation authority?

There are police or sheriffs that patrol the roads in each state. They do fuckall about illegals because it's 'not their job' and their higher ups either want the federal government to foot the bill for a situation they created or have their senator/mayor/congressman put his neck on the line and publicly say remove taco.

But I thought they can't vote either. Can register when you have a fucking license card knowing how lax they are.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

Why isn't Sessions throwing the California government in jail for aiding and abetting illegal aliens by giving them a means of transportation?

rawconservative.com/2015/10/californiaillegals/

15 million adults bare minimum. I'm dead fucking serious.

checked

40+

Doesn't getting a Cali drivers license automatically register you to vote as well?

Only if you tick the box to register to vote, WHICH NON-CITIZENS MAY NOT DO.

Ticking the box as a non-citizen is AGAINST THE RULES!

Also, asking for ID/proof of citizenship at the DMV is a hate crime.

What's more preposterous is that as citizens, we had to present our birth certificates and social security cards since 2005 to renew our driver's licenses per the REAL ID Act (unless you live in a state that has been granted an (((extension))) for compliance.)

Meanwhile, these freeloaders can just get a license like it's nothing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act

It's time to enforce REAL ID "for real".

ICE is going to have a field day.

Well, this creates a convenient database of addresses for ICE to start checking. How long to get a warrant from a non-Hawaiian judge?

Oh boy, I think I'll trust good old Juan and Juanita in that case. I'm sure they wouldn't do anything, nothing, against the rules.

What they don't understand is that with a CA license they have there by given them permission to drive in any other state in the country.

What the other 49 states need to do is say CA license isn't valid in their state anymore.

this. Why don't we push for our representatives to classify illegals as invaders?

Like California does with other states' concealed-carry permits? I'm liking this idea.

It's called "reciprocity".

Forgot about those permits.
Then all the more reason, or at least get california to acknowledge the CCW shit like the other states do

Isn't a drivers license the only thing you need to vote in a presidential election in california?