ITT: Post your reaction to the last game you've beaten or played if you haven't finished any games recently

ITT: Post your reaction to the last game you've beaten or played if you haven't finished any games recently

It ain't as great as the original still but that was too hard an act to follow and it's still a fantastic game. Shame that its probably the only game worth owning a Wii U for and that Nintendo stopped bothering with making or even publishing good games after this.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobilevillage.com/iphone-smartphone-addiction-stress-study/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How so

I don't remember a whole of the original right now, but in 2 Umbran Climax basically used a full magic bar to give you stronger attacks that can also deal damage at a wider range.

It was an enjoyable romp of a game. However, I didn't use most of the powers due to doing a no kills run in the game, as is the case in every stealth game I play. Compared to Thief it wasn't as good, but shines bright by itself, especially considering how bad the stealth genre has gotten over the years.

Everything closed off lovely so I'll be avoiding the sequel in case they ruin it, which is highly likely, seeing the prerelease shit they're releasing, such as more of an emphasis on gay characters, which to me sounds like they made a bad game but it has DIVERSITY so game journalists will give the game 10/10.

>KSP with Realism Overhaul and Realistic Progression Zero counting man on Mars and "finished"
It's everything I hoped KSP would be when I first started playing at v0.11. It's much harder than stock and actually adds strategy elements as you have to worry about construction time and life support. I restarted a couple of times as I hated loosing men and in my furthest game have only one KIA (Mars lander / lifter was damaged on landing and he ran out of life support long before a rescue ship could get there).

I highly recommend this to anyone disappointed that KSP took a turn for the casual halfway through development.

I finally got gud and now I can't stop playing it.

Whatever happened to the good flash games
It's nothing but CCGs, idle games and those "MMO" flash games that want you to pay for cooldowns on EVERYTHING so they can milk whales for thousands of dollars

I suck.

Haven't finished (or even really started except get to the third area), but it's fun as fuck so far.

Could you please tell me what were the changes that casualised the game? I've only played the beta a few years ago and I'm genuinely curious. I was thinking about getting KSP recently.

The four flagships were nice but hardly battles worth rolling the credits over

Oh and I've been playing Toukiden Kiwami on PC.

It was too easy so I unistalled it.

i hate that class shit in that game

Thats about as fun and crazy as it gets folks. Gameplay was challenging and a blast, the characters were great and developed nicely throughout the story, the villans were pretty damn cool too. The entire game had a lot of sweet mix ups in the gameplay along with minigames that made the journey not a boring slog. The game was all around wonderful.

That game alone showed me that videogames arent dead in the east yet along with a ray of hope for the future. It a bit upset that it flopped though.

Fuck I love the 3D NG games outside of 3 vanilla. Shame Team Ninja and Itagaki are pretty meh when not together though the artshift was necessary. RE is my favorite in everything outside of plot.

There were plans for life support and a complex resource system but both were dropped "to make it easier on new players" to quote the devs.
It's still a good game stock but it could have been great, thankfully a large modding community including some Squad devs has managed to undo the damage caused by reddit becoming the major force on the forum around v0.22.
Pirate and buy if you like it, it's DRM-free so there are plenty of torrents and no dodgy cracks.

What are the differences between the Xbox versions and the PS3 versions? Does it really matter which one you play, because I found a copy of the original on Xbox just as it wanted to stop reading disks.

It's one of those few games where I never wanted to say goodbye to the characters, especially my waifu Yosuke. Working on playing PS1 era Persona and SNES SMT now.

This game tricks you into thinking it's easy for the first hour or so. I'm scared to try it on Magnus difficulty.

It was a drag, and only my autism ensured that I kept playing to the end.

my peenus

My own lack of motivation won't allow me to do it. I wind up playing other games and dropping the ones I had been playing. Last game I can recall properly beating was Dishonored and Ultra Despair Girls, and those were months ago.

RTS' are good for this feeling, find one you like with a grand campaign my niche is Total War and play a full campaign as the faction you best relate to.

Then begin LARPing :^)

Solid game but can get repetitive at times. GOAT tier art and music and worthlessly easy on NG+ (points for one being there though). You can put on all the idols but they just make it more frustrating than harder, like enemies slowing you on hit, hurting you on touch, randomly reflecting attacks for no damage, randomly going transparent when attacked for no damage, regenerating health etc.

I didn't finish it, but the final boss was 3 gundams that hopped inside even bigger gundams which were powered up by small gundams that attached to them. Which, as you might expect, is complete bullshit to fight.

Still 10/10. Everything about it still holds up. Only wish you could remove the DK barrels and the checkpoint barrels like the GBA version.

The gameplay is crazy fun and there's a lot to master, the music is great, visual style is pretty neat (especially stuff like the HUD being on the back of the car), and the procedural maps work pretty well.

However, the game isn't exactly finished so there aren't a lot of non-procedural maps to "beat" and two of them in particular were super boring (the ones that are quiet and in the broken city).

Holy fuck the physics are nice. Even when I fuck up it's fun and cute as hell. I think I'm developing a crush on Birdo.

AM2R (Another Metriod 2 Remake)

Better then any Metroid game Nintendo has Released in the last 6 years.

you see it's funny because Nintendo hasn't released any Metroid games for 6 years.

Other than that the game was great, although once you figured out the mechanics the puzzles were pretty damn easy.

Crashed fucking constantly or something would break making me have to reload old saves to redo an area. The highlight was being unable to select my binoculars from when I entered the Dark Valley to the end of the game. When the fucking thing worked it was a lot of fun and it had a great atmosphere, but of course something would fucking break and I fucking hate slavs now because of my experience.

I hope CS goes better for me.

bretty_gud/10

7 years user, 9 years if you exclude ports.

I'm kind of mad at myself for having put this off for so long.

DOOM

It was fun. Not worth playing a second time though.

It's probably the most solid video game I've seen in years. Maybe Kid Icarus Uprising is up there in solidness

Last game I beat was Tetris for 3ds' marathon mode. I'd not actually done it before. Good shit.

too many classes, too many mechanics left unexplained

I don't forgive bullshit just because I got past it.

Thought the second uroboros fight was gonna give me a aneurysm since the AI refuses to shoot once you have the flame thrower in hand

Lichdom: Battlemage

It's kind of fun messing around with the other spells, but really there's only one loadout that 100% works and is worth it.

It was fun! You get to feel like a goddamn ninja. The catapult is the best part of the game. Once I had the explosive shuriken, the game was just a breeze though, they should nerf them

I went into the game expecting the magic system to be customizable like Morrowind's except with good combat and was severely let down. Dropped it after an hour.

Never played the Pogeymen games as a kid because I was too poor .

It's alright but there are so many obvious things that could have been improved. Why are super rare Pokemon just a huge pain in the ass to catch and not fun to fight? Why are Pokemon limited to four moves? It limits strategy and customization. Why is the game world just a bunch of rat trails, including the "ocean" ? Why are you led by the nose through areas for a predefined list of which Pokemon you are allowed catch at that time? Why can't you just fucking explore? Who thought the entire gameplay mechanic of HMs was a good idea? So we'll just like make the player required to have one shitty HM slut pokemon in the party at all times, this is a good idea

And let me guess, in the DS/3DS games all of this shit is exactly the same?

At least it's still better than fucking Pokemon GO.

I'm kind of enjoying it, but I feel like I shouldn't be.

The way I'm playing it is fun, zipping around like a fucking squirrel and one-shotting giants, but it's definitely not what it could have been.

if you start to think about all the simple ways Pokémon could be improved, you'll never pick up another one of the game again. That's what happened to me

Welcome to Pokemon. This is as good as it gets.

Nigga, if you have 200 moves and you could pick 190 moves, there's almost no customization. If you can only pick 4, you have a huge variety of options and tactics.

Just consider that you have moves that buff, debuff, set up other tactics, and provide elemental coverage

I don't want all the god damn moves in the game, I just want a few more slots. Six slots would be perfect and eight would be more than enough. Four is just stupidly limited. I'm always making my Pokemon forget those neat tactical moves because they don't pump out as much damage as whatever the fuck they're learning. And don't even get me fucking started on my Snorlax…

It's already a perfect set of moves. Body Slam deals out absurd damage, then if I want to heal up I use Yawn, Rest, and Snore until I wake up. Getting rid of any of them would be a stupid idea. So basically I'm probably never going to get to try anything new or fun with my Snorlax because I've only got four god damn slots.

That's a pretty bad moveset tbh.
What do you do against a ghost poge?

I switch to my Alakazam and one shot them

pic related

>BOUNCER IS PREORDER EXCLUSIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHAT DID YOU DO TO FUCKING SLIM COGNITO INSOMNIAC? WHY IS HE ONE OF THE HOVERBOARD LIZARDS WITH RIDDICK GLASSES INSTEAD OF A FLOATING PAIR OF EYES HIDING IN A CONTAINER?
>this game's plot is batfuck retarded at times LMAO DONT WORRY RATCHET. THAT PLANET DREK BLEW UP GOT COMPLETELY EVACUATED! ABSOLUTELY NO ONE DIED OR GOT HURT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM! NOW PLEASE STOP WITH THE OBLIGATORY "IT'S ALL MY FAULT" MOPING AND MOVE THE PLOT ALONG PLS
>/furry/ and /clang/'s relationship in general got sawed down like crazy. He and Clank become friends basically right off the bat. Hell, Ratchet starts his relationship by lying to Clank, and never gets called on it even when his lie becomes blatantly obvious
>Chairman Drek is considerably less evil and competent and he mostly ends up playing second fiddle to a now squishy Dr. Nefarious
>Qwark works with Nefarious despite the two of them being arch-enemies. Also he acts surprised when he meets him despite the two having been presumably working together for a while
>Dr. Nefaurious is in this BUT NO LAWRENCE
>Groovitron + Photon Drum is broken as shit. Also for the love of god WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP MR. ZURKON? I GET IT, YOU'RE FUCKING BORED. ALSO THANK GOD YOUR KID DOESN'T SPEAK AS MUCH ANYMORE. IF I HEARD HIM SAY THAT "ALLOWANCE OF PAIN" QUOTE AGAIN IN THIS GAME I WOULD NEVER FUCKING BUY YOUR ASS AGAIN. AND KEEP IN MIND: HE'S ACTUALLY LESS CHATTY SINCE INTO THE NEXUS

It was okay, but it don't hold shit to the triology. IF you really need a new RnC game, just play Crack in Time/Into the Nexus. Just a warning, they're very short.

It's a little prettier than FE7. The characters are a little less likable- not unpleasant, just generic. It's a Fire Emblem game.

What if ti's a ghost/dark poge

Good move
Why do people hate Mark, again?

I guess I switch to my Ninetails and Flamethrower it to death

What if the opponent switches to a pokemon with flash fire?

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

The gameplay is faster-paced and more arcadey than a modern shooter but more "cinematic" and tacticool than an old-school one. The guns are satisfying, and the shooting mechanics are fun if a bit RNG. There are a lot of QTEs but my only real problem is that they either come out of nowhere or when you're about to die, which is hard to figure out because of the CoD-tier "blood spatter on screen" health indicator system.

The story is presented nicely including cutscenes that actually mesh well with gameplay. It's gimmicky but not bad, and is one of the better choices for Western-themed vidya with the caveat that it leans hard on established Western folklore.

Most of the game isn't that hard on the standard hard difficulty I played at but might be in "True West". Haven't gone through it yet. The final boss fight is a pain in the ass because it suddenly throws in a mechanic that no other encounter in the game uses and took me a few tries to get down.

It's pretty short and with limited variety in weapons/enemies, but there's some replay value including new game plus mode if you just want to go blast guys in leather boots and kerchiefs again for a few hours.

I guess I switch to my Gyarados and shit water on it?

What if the opponent uses will o wisp on your gyarados, then proceeds to buff up?

Jesus fucking christ seriously? I feel violated and I never wanted to touch the game in the first place because nu-ratchet isn't that great and shouldn't be anywhere close to old Ratchet.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is pretty fucking appropriate.

I wont lie, as an RPG Pokemon is pretty weird compared to other more conventional ones.

But all the games are the same, if you dont like that you'll really hate the others.

Will-O-Wisp does less than poison, first move I made my Vulpix forget

Cuts atk in half though, now your gyarados can't kill my fire type, what do you do?

Kill myself due to the realization that I'm playing Pokemon

Switch to my Snorlax and bodyslam you to death. That seems to work with pretty much everything.

I OHKO your snorlax with a phys fighting move.

Then I switch back to Alakazam and *teleports behind you* pulls out katana

I use sucker punch.

Go away

Yakuza 5.

I'm honestly just enjoying myself playing it right now. It's too bad I can't completely focus on it when I've got a bunch of other things to do.
You would think a NEET would have plenty of time to themselves, but I seriously don't.

Is there an archive of the thread he made that post in? I wanna see the butthurt.

it's right there in the post

Are the gods becoming GODS again?

theyve been bumplocking undertale threads for months now

That's the thread prior or something. Marks post isn't in it.

Great ass game, had a lot of fun trying to make retarded weapon combinations work for hours. Shorter than I was expecting it to be, but whatever, what's there is enough.
Also,
embed related

In my experience AMK was significantly more stable. It made the mutants spawn in very bizarre ways however, such as two pseudogiants being on the road to agroprom during my first visit.

Dark Souls

This game is easy as shit! Everything dies in a few hits, what's the hype about?

Woah, shit got a lot more powerful. Some of it is a real struggle to get through. Still not too bad, though. Once I got each boss's rhythm down, they die almost as quick as the first time.

Okay…Fuck. I had to revise my strategies in a lot of sections in order to make it through. I really wish I had spent the time and resources to get better gear last goaround, because not having the best is getting me killed.

I'm reeeeeally sick of getging wiped out for making a single mistake. My key stats don't go any higher, and my equipment is upgraded as high as it goes. Am I missing something? Is there some variable that I overlooked that is causing my damage to fall behind and my sturdiness to wane?

No…It says that this is just as strong as I get. Should I grind souls to level my other stats for those precious resistances? Do I have the patience for that? Will it even matter?

Oh god…It's just like last time, but less forgiving. Anything less than lazerlike concentration is a death sentence. I don't fight anything unless I have to, because the risk just isn't worth it. I've spent so many hours staring at the bosses that I know exactly what their next move is based on where I am in relation to them. I don't know if Jolly Co-operation is worth the increased complication of factoring in Solaire's movement too. Does that make me a bad person?

It has taken me a loooong time to get here. Once more, same as before. All I have to do is not get hit, right?

Right?

At times, it feels like I'm just rolling the dice over and over until I get lucky and a minor bug gives me enough of an edge to win. Should I feel good about that?

I'm currently stuck here, at the maximum difficulty.

Even with intimate knowledge of the damage and defense capabilites of each boss, I just can't lay on enough damage to prevent more than two of the Four Kings from spawning, and I can't dodge deftly enough to avoid getting hit once the third King appears.

Is this just the ceiling that exists for me as an Xbox player without online support? Am I fated to go hollow for want of DPS? Is it possible to get lucky enough that the game tricks itself into lifting its boot off my throat?

I just don't know any more.

I finally got around to playing this, holy shit, it's a blast, barely aged at all and looks amazing on a 144hz display.
I'm playing on Ultra Violence and it feels a bit easy, but I only just finished the first chapter.

Halo: Combat Evolved on Heroic

It was pretty neat and action-packed; More-so than the two games following it. I probably helped that the story was incredibly minimalist in the game, with only three actual cutscenes in the game. Going back on it in legendary is getting pretty brutal. I still have Republic commando to finish as well, re-worked my way back up to kashyyyk and the balls-hard parts. I can't wait to have to battle one of Grevious's bodyguards while kiting an artillery droid in an enclosed space again.

I love that game.

I'd give it a 7/10. There were some frustratingly difficult parts during my first playthrough, but only because I wasn't seeing all the pathways available to me. Master custom ended up being easier since I had learned the game by then.

For the most part, it held mostly true to the original games, but the world felt more wooden and restrictive than the original games felt, somehow. Sadly, still the best stealth experience you're going to get from any game made in the last 10 years.

can eat my shit. its poorly designed.

I felt the second game did a shitload wrong and only really liked the first game (so much so i did the 101% run several times)

I mean, the second game isn't "bad" but it lacks a lot of what made the first game feel good.

Heists are shit and nobody plays Deathmatch or any kind of competitive mode anymore

The kind of people who play GTA V Online are the kind of people who don't even play video games in the first place.

do elaborate.

>lightning can destroy some blocks, making the terrain important

Is it the whole "gravitate towards you" aspect?

I've yet to encounter a Zeta or Omega yet.

Currently stuck on the "Tester" robot.

Finally someone that agrees with me on this game.
>Nefarious is in it for no actual reason other than to play on familiarity

I replayed the original on ps3 after playing the new one, and it's so fucking inferiour to any of the other games. Remember how R&C would make their OWN in-jokes and shit? Now they're just copy-pasting meme humour and Ratchet is a tame, kid-friendly cuck. The game ruined already established characters, and I get that it's a "reboot" of sorts, but come the fuck on.
>the game is told in past tense, one of my most hated clichés, completely ruins all tension because you already know what happens in the end with Qwark telling the story from jail to another inmate

No, sir, I did not like this game. Had some kinda neat stuff, though. Like some of the planets having wildlife and having much more luscious environments. Especially Veldin.

I fucking love that joke and it's execution.

then when you buy it.

fucking poetry.

I beat DMC1 for the first time since I was thirteen.

It's still a really fucking fun game. Combat is surprisingly weighty and satisfying while still being fast and stylish. Debating with myself whether I should go through Hard or move onto DMC3.

Oh, I forgot to say that it's a pain in the ass to switch to Alastor for Air Hike. It should've been something he can do with any devil arm equipped.

At least it's been easier than ever to find and play games. If I want to find some obscure fucking Japan-only PS2 game, I can be running it in 1080 and 60 frames a second within a few minutes. Even if modern games aren't as good (which I mostly agree with, but some smaller games like Furi and NEO Scavenger came out recently and have been fun as fuck), it's never been easier to find older games and make them better than they were at the time.

Dark Souls 3

Never managed to beat him as the 2hu controls never where my favorite aspect of that game, but the game was so strong up until that point, that to end it like that was a damn shame regardless.
If only that last boss wasn't just Bongo Bongo it might've been cool, but it just came off as lazy.

I bet you know the game I'm talking about

I have yet to beat it yet but its so fun

But that last song that ties in with the first game though

Dark Cloud

Fuck this fucking game.

in order, your answers are:

Because that's the boss fight. Beating the pokemon is easy, but catching legendaries require that you keep them alive and deal with their movesets.

Pokemon are limited to four moves because that actually INCREASES the amount of customization. If they all had access to all moves, every pokemon and playstyle would be the same mon to mon.

Limited memory and design carried over from prior games. It worked, they sold it well.

It would destroy the balance of the game, as many gyms in the series have strategies that bank on what you're limited to.

HMs were a way to block progress without an NPC to block the way all the time, (in BW2 there's a team of dancers that just say they're dancing there with no other excuse because there was no excuse to let you pass.) Also, to bring a puzzle element to the game. They've mostly been phased out in later titles and delegated to optional area shit.

xiao, ya bitch
also play dark cloud 2, it's a lot better.

You're not off the mark at all.

mobilevillage.com/iphone-smartphone-addiction-stress-study/

you fucking what.
see pic and this:

fuck Nightmare. Worst boss in all of DMC.