Touhou Netplay #12

Girls and projectiles.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
DL: mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip
Info: hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Phantasmagoria_of_Flower_View

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
DL: mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xanohiyoga
Wiki: hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki

Urban Legend in Limbo (Jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE
Info: hastebin.com/raw/nelihivihe
Wiki: shinpiroku.koumakan.jp/

Meddlesome Magician 2:
A party game with races and fights.
Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xusesadeda

Touhou Hack and Slash:
A dungeon crawler with a leveling system.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/megaruhipe
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Hack_and_Slash

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jp):
A simple Age of Empires clone. Suitable for those unfamiliar with RTS.
DL: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional English version, if you can't read rune and want to learn what the menus say or play SP.
SP: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Note that we only use the 2.18 Japanese version for online play and this version is different in faction balance, it also lacks the Library faction.
Info: hastebin.com/raw/suwipujaba
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Age_of_Ethanols
Keyboard config translation: my.mixtape.moe/cysofn.txt

UT2K4 Unreal Touhou Mod:
This is a mod for UT2K4 that lets you play with Touhou models. Warning, it's almost 3GB but has the registry key and everything you need to play, just unzip and run. Don't forget the patch.
DL: mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY
Patch: mega.nz/#!bgI0wb4K!l-wptbffWUV0mb8GCpwG4h-43rj-oTQkK5WrWU-VNXw

We have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net, #2hu8ch which is mainly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system like Soku or MM2. It's largely dead because we mostly use the thread for communication.

General discussion of Touhou gameplay is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is organizing netplay matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/thg/guide.html
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
my.mixtape.moe/yinfmj.mp3
github.com/id-Software/DOOM-3-BFG
thedarkmod.com/downloads/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29294533
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lord_of_Maidens
github.com/tenplus1/simple_skins
setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Video games is it?

Hosting soku:
190.38.154.104:10800
hopefully it won't end with the powerlines crashing down again

GGs
I can't believe I did it

GGs, either you are on my level or you went easy on me cause those matches were quite good, i need to go drink something and maybe put my hands on cold water. I'll host again in a few minutes.

To be honest I really wanted to hit fantasy heaven.
But I feel like most people here are about the same skill level in soku.

I don't see it that way. I either bully or get bullied.

Alright guess that's that.

Hostan soku again, same IP as

I somehow don't think i'm learning anything yet, i probably should try other characters or maybe a better deck. GGs either way.

Rehosting.

After trying Patchy for a few rounds, I realized…

I have no idea how to play this character either.

Sorry I'm late.

Good afternoon/evening, fairies.

I'm up for games, I guess.
Maybe we'll play some MM2 now that HnS is done.

GGs, sorry I just stopped like that, I had to look away for a second.

It's alright, those random-only matches were incredibly silly anyways.

Still hosting soku if anyone wants to play, IP at

That lag must have been my connection, i'll try and see if it unfucks itself in the new half hour.
GGs regardless, alice has to much projetile spam but i think she has a weakspot in point blank CQC, too bad patchy sucks at that range.

Bump

im on to you, kantai collection

Ready for some MM2

Same here.

Could host some MM2 but with my connection it will surely crash before even reaching the first fight, you sure you want to pass through that again?

Maybe not, nah

So… is someone going to host MM2?

50.88.138.151:10800
Hosting

Jebus Christ this netcode.

MM2 hosting, 2 more slots.

Don't forget to change it to fightan

Which one was that one?

Its on event settings, and then you set the 2nd and 3rd box to none (It'll gray out)

Then on the first box, you switch event type to match what is displayed on the third box

You got it.

Change the 4 to 5 and below that, switch from ON to OFF (Removes bonus points which multiply scores in the final two rounds, can be bullshit)

Alright, for future reference, Think I'll start in 2 minutes.

Now you're set.

I suppose having the timer on or off won't make a difference since we're quick to pick

Oh god, was I too fucking late for MM2 AGAIN because I didn't think someone would actually host it due to how much fucking time it took…

inb4 the host doesn't notice
I'm getting feelings of deja vu

We're done.

Also, Eirin pretty good for being AI

I noticed. I just know bad things happen if you switch away from the game.
Rehosting. in 1 minute.
I should learn the characters moves…

Also make sure you turn off bonus points.

Fuck i missed it too, hope i won't miss the next one.

By the way, why only 4 battle royale rounds?
Shouldn't it be 5? or even better, 6

Don't know, also, we are never picking custom teams ever again.

Its up again.

b-but why

I got in, it's full, did you remember to enable spectators?

If it's because I was being fucking slow at picking, that's because I was trying to do something else at the same time.

A mighty fine performance.

You had your revenge, but i will be back.

-t Upes.

My plan to make sure Yellow didn't come in first failed.

Well, at least I got second.
Also, seems like game is still being hosted if anyone wants.

Still hosting, probably the last game in me for tonight.

I like this 1 vs. 3 style, really makes me motivated.

There is a fucking 2hu anime?

Yeah, a fanmade one.

You're pretty good this time.

Now its even.

Welp, lost because I left the 2x score thing on. This is mario party all over again. Also, game froze is someone else got hte victory screen.

Don't even know how i even won all those matches, all i did was press buttons and suddently the moves were finally coming together. Y'all should have gone 3v1 on me like in the last games, it felt kinda unfair on Blue, i wonder why he suicided in the last round.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT BONUSES!!!

I TOLD YOU, FAIRY!

I got it

I left the times 2x multiplier on, which basically means the only matches that matter are the last 2 matches.

Aie, you did, and I forgot.

Thank you.

Thats it for me for today.

I dunno, if one guy managed to beat the shit out of the 3 guys in regular matches (As in, dealing the most damage while keeping others down) and lost the bonus rounds, I think he could still win.

But still, bonuses are bullshit, remember that.

They really are.

Speakin of Mario Party…that gives me an idea even though I don't think its possible to do

Host MM2 but let the AI fight each other while we spectate!

May not be Mario Retardy fun but hey!

I checked single player, can't have an AI only match

Doubt it works for netplay too

Oh well

No fun allowed.

I've never played touhou, but that first pic is kind of hot
why

You should try it.

Thought Comiket happened today but nope, thats in 4 days.

Wonder what (if any) 2hu fangames will pop up next

It's time to be disappointed at how incompetent people are at ripping and uploading music. It's annoying when the only upload of a good album is in 320k mp3. Also Chinese botnets for game uploads.

There is something about clownpiece that gets me, I'm not even American, truly the best fairy.
But my heart belongs to #3 in

You mean like fan-made music and not music for their games?

I swear to fuck if I see more of that shit spread from Sky Drift's DRM…

You like the gardener?

Stop, I will get a heart attack.

Whats not to like?
Also, try it, you might like it. The game part, not the Taoist punching part.

There are a few, these are the two I'm looking forward too.

Please explain, ah shit.

Probably shouldn't have said Sky Drift as that one is more DRM that locks you out of certain modes unless you cough up your shekels

I'm still keeping my eyes open if any fangame follows their path

Just some platformers?

I tried posting that Waldo pic twice. The first one had a scaled down resolution and the second one had the answers marked. You have the low res version.

You get to punch Taoists in ULiL.

Will there be any netplay games?

Thats what I'm wondering. Hoping theres at least one fangame that does have netplay at minimum

MM3 is winning the lottery tier luck

I'll post the other 3 in a bit, but first.

but first something completely unrelated to 2hu for a second.
AAHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unity Store Assets.

but I suck at bullet hell games and have no idea where to start

For you.

8ch.net/thg/guide.html
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
The games are quite easy to get. It doesn't matter which one you start with.

Hah, it even looks better too.

Thats OK. You'll refine your skills once you get the basics down and practice

I started with ESOD since that is the first 2hu game in the modern era and the one that gets a lot of love when it comes to fan art and games

But you can pick any title.

I have no idea how complete of a list this is, but doesn't look like it.

I bet it has DRM.

ah shit

Awww yea, I can't wait to rip-

Ohh….

Music they have is usually enjoyable.

my.mixtape.moe/yinfmj.mp3

Their music videos get stranger every year.

Thank you.
Alright I'm going to bed, someone host some games now.

Bump, anyone up for some matches?

Matches of what?

Anything. I can host Soku, PoFV or AoE, just seeing if there's anyone to play with.

Well, I'm usually up for MM2.

I-is that James?

I know this is going to crash and burn but heck why not try again.

Hosting MM2 and hopefully allowing spectators

Apparently AVGN is decently popular over there.

Do you know the anime?

Google says it's The Unlimited lurk more you fucking faggot holy shit

Can't connect, seems like I'm late. Soku, anyone?

I don't wanna.

Don't worry you din't miss much, only an awful 1v1 with bots where the lag meant more on the outcome than proper skill. Oh, and remind 8ed757(?) to not drop off the bottom ledge, AGAIN.

I can host some Soku, try joining 190.38.154.104:10800

Of course it is. It's a reference to the Bugs Bunny episode.

Good afternoon, fairies.

I'm back up for more MM2 if that's possible.
but user
every day
me must fall off ledge

Welp, geegee, still don't know how to deal with Patchy since I don't know her moveset well enough to counter it. I'm up for something else if people are here.

GGs, maybe i should try learning how to play Remilia now, Komachi's hitboxes were way too weird for my liking although she does have some pretty great attacks. You've become better though, keep it up.

Will be hosting that now. Hopefully it won't crash with more than 2 people.

Hostan MM2, also i'm on IRC since the matches are somewhat long and there's no chat system for it.

MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800
geddin

Leaving a reminder for me to get into Soku.

Also, theres been some interest shown in Serious Sam (Which I can easily do). Theres already a few Touhous done for SS3 but thats the most boring Sam game of them all (And on top of it, theres no popular characters like Reimu, Marisa, or even Cirno!), there is none made for the HD games and I do not know how or if its even possible to mod the other games.

This image is confusing. What is Reisen pointing at?

What, you don't practice pointing at shit? Come on!

soku anyone?

I'll play some soku

Ment for

just finished playing with someone else, but still have time to do a few more

Alright do you want to host or should I?

host is up, 173.56.238.47:10800

GGs I couldn't do much but it was fun

fun games, i would play longer but it's pretty late over on this side. just play more and eventually you'll get your combos down, cause your movement was pretty good but just needed to deal more damage off confirms

I also feel like I should learn how to deal with pressure better and do better border escapes.

those two can be resolved by playing the game more against different people, preferably against someone better than you with your main. you learn what strings/combos x character is capable of, what attacks to use in x situation, deck ideas, etc. that being said, i have a bad meiling so i can't give you specific advice for her. and prior to today, i haven't played in months so i can't recall what other meilings usually do

i think you were picking up on when to BE or dash off my pressure, which is good. overall, it's best to be patient and know which strings are tight, which strings aren't, which part of the string will let them reset pressure and when to be aggressive in escaping. some people like to stagger their input to catch BEs/mashes/pokes and will punish if you make it predictable, but if you're too passive then they're more likely to reset pressure and eat more of your orbs

Anyone up for MM2? I can host.

I guess I could do some.

IRC or no IRC?

IRC.

Looked into Serious Sam games again, they have some custom modes that Unreal doesn't have such as Dogfight, Serious Solid Box, and Kart Racing (Except not really a kart racer because it doesn't count positions and laps, its still treated like its Deathmatch.) Player models are still doable (Haven't seen a tutorial for Serious Engine 2 but I know its possible because someone managed to insert their characters into it).

Theres an actual racing game for HL (Yeah yeah I know, Valve) called Half-Life Rally but you can't see you character driving (But it makes up by having gameplay reminiscent of Sega Rally or the old Gran Turismos)

If you know of any other titles that are easy to mod and allow custom characters to be made, I'm all ears.

Doom, Quake, and Xonotic come to mind.

I can't into sprites Doom 3 still gets mods doe, none of which are custom characters, but thats not good!

Milkshape is capable of opening and exporting Quake III models, but I have not found a tutorial on making models. Any pointers would be nice.

If theres any pointers to that, I'll try

Doom has a ton of Touhou sprites. Many of them are from Soku and Mugen. It's probably the easiest to work with out of the bunch. I was planning to try hosting Touhou Doom on Zandronum this week if I could get it to work. As for Doom 3, some nice stuff like Dark Mod have been done with it, but I don't know how easy it would be to make a Touhou themed game out of it.

Modding in Quake seemed to completely die after Half Life. I don't know of any resources for it.

Xonotic isn't even finished yet. It's supposed to be highly moddable and there are already custom maps and models, but I haven't seen any guides or documentation on it.

Making a standalone Touhou conversion on idTech 4 would probably be complicated.

Thats a shame. Quake has some nice mods Unreal doesn't have

Thats also a shame. I'd play it if there was a tutorial out there

Would not pitch in UT4

Isn't the doom 3 engine open source now?
It would probably still be complicated though.

Huh, just checked and apparently it is open source

github.com/id-Software/DOOM-3-BFG

You still have to own it though but that doesn't matter. Even if it was open source, it'd still be hard to do

It's good that we have these source codes. These games live on while others are forgotten.

Who's ready for another round of disappointment?!

videogames

what host lads

So its basically a really really open mod kit?
Also, this is open source, and free 100% thedarkmod.com/downloads/

I guess.

I'm assuming custom characters are no go.

Also, trying to finish of PDP once again reminds me why I dropped Pokemon and completely despise random encounters.

Forgot to mention on the plus side, customizing trainers is nice because man they look like their had their saturation removed and opted for the more western look. Thats really the only nice thing I can say about PDP

I would assume custom characters would be as simple as changing the variable path to another model name. If not its probably codable in.

I wonder if it has to be the BFG version, or if you could use the original doom 3, and doom 3 resurrection of evil.

The last id engine I modded was Quake 3 for Jedi Academy. I was actually able to change a the force powers behavior to effect other objects aside from characters. Enthusiasm died down though when the master server went down. Apparently someone put up a new one in its place though.

The Dark Mod is a great game. The missions range from trash to masterpieces. The best ones have a good story, horror elements, puzzles, and enemies that can't be blackjacked.

Mornin, fairies.

Today's the first day of Comiket!

Any news of previously unmentioned games?

Haven't seen anything yet

this is simply wrong

any of you up for MM2 or something?

I guess I am.
yes i do want irc

It's been a busy day. I would be up for AoE.

got a link to the full video?

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29294533

get in IRC, I guess
hopefully soku after and AoE+ if people feel up for it

Sorry, I'm not big into MMV or whatever they're called so I didn't recognize it as an id code.

Thanks.

MMD = Miku Miku Dance.
It's a program for doing animations.

Get up!

B-but I already did…

Mornin, Fairies.

2nd day of Comiket.

If you're sleepy enough to let the thread drop to page 14, you're not awake at all!

you're right, what if I am asleep?
lemme check real quick

time for a healthy dose of videogames

get in IRC for chat

Still got one slot left.

we're playing videogames, come to IRC!

All right, I'm in the planning phase for the HD Serious Sam games. Instead of taking Unreal's approach where I just added as many as I could, I'll be asking for your input on which Touhou you would like to play as so that it won't take long to develop.

That is, if you're interested in joining us on the journey.

Keep in mind I still haven't found any tutorials for 2 or Revolution so until I do, they're out of the question. 3 will not be touched.

I'll be taking Suika.

Satori, please.

There are so many 2hus to choose from. I think the most important ones where gotten.

user there is enough Suikas for everyone.

wat

True, but would everyone be fine with Serious Suika in which they only got to play as Suika? (I'm bein serious here)

You could add Resolute Rinnosuke

I completely misread the post.
I never played through a Serious Sam game. Sounds like fun.
Meiling when?

Any exciting updates?

Oh it is pretty fun to play. The HD Encounters are a perfect introduction to the series (Whereas 3 would probably make you hate it) and if mowing down many many enemies with your comrades isn't your thing, thats fine because some are into Serious Sam and others aren't.

Just like with the Touhou games, Serious Sam has many difficulties besides the default Easy, Normal, and Hard

If we were to play, I would suggest the difficulty to be on Normal and next time, Hard (Serious if we kick ass)

I'll add her and make sure that I find a good looking model of her (Probably that MMD one)

Nope, wiki hasn't updated either.

Forgot to mention that theres an option for the campaign in which you get a limited set of lives rather than respawning infinitely and if you lose them all, you're out and you have to hope your team pulls through (IMO, this should be used for an arcade-like feel)

Theres also competitive multiplayer but I find it to be bland and not worth playing. Also online for the Sam games is mostly played in groups because there was usually "That one guy" who would simply rush to the exit of the level while everyone was stuck in the middle.

Few minor notes

Serious Sam 3 has an invincible pink scorpion pop up if you pirated it and can instakill you
Serious Sam 2 is often the black sheep of the series because of how more cartoony it is
We could do 3 in the future if we want to, but I wouldn't recommend it

Been a while since I did anything to Unreal 2k4. While I have not yet updated it (Its still on hiatus so don't get your hopes up), I have however noticed an interesting feature that can be added to characters with certain combinations down: Emissive lighting.

For those that don't know what that is, imagine being in a room with either Remilia or Flandere Scarlett, now turn off the lights, and then see their eyes glow red!

The feature can be cool but at the same time, it can give you away easier (Plus I don't know many Touhous who would have it outside of Utsuho and her red eye on the chest)

Also…

WHY DID THE WIKI CHANGE THEIR LAYOUT? IT LOOKS AWFUL!!

that's the mobile layout

Oh…

Well, thank christ there was an option to change back to desktop. I was used to the layout

It looks fun to bully Futo

I'd say Yuuka, but I only bought the revolution remake.

Didn't they release a new version of this or something? How's the TL going or do I get to break out and stumble through with my poor JP reading ability.

Good evening, fairies. Hopefully we'll play more videogames today.

Base game was fully translated recently. Expansion is still nip only though.

Mornin, fairies.

If you haven't given you input on the Touhou you want to play as for Serious Sam yet, please do so.
Initially I've been debating whether or not I should only do Suika because as that one user said, there was plenty for everyone

So far I have…

Suika
Satori
Hong
Yuuka
Rinnosuke

One question, will we just play it on pirated Serious Sam?

For the HD encounters? I'm gonna see if I'm able to host a game. If it works, yes we'll do that.

Anyone up for some MM2/soku for the time being?

come to irc if MM2/soku

I don't know what other enemy types might be.

When in doubt, fairies!

I'll be away this week, will return on the weekend.

Hope you fairies manage to train and have fun.

Good games.

If Suika is in, you should put more Onis.
So the other one two Onis should be in.

Got it.

I have been thinking whether or not I should include Suika's recolors and a version of her with sunglasses for co-op since shes getting the main star treatment of Serious Sam.

Serious Suika?

Yup, thats the name I'm rolling with

Sounds gewd, have a safe trip.

Not videogames. Parasitism.

There is nothing so hopeless as watching a UFO fly off the screen.

come to IRC for chat
videogames

How would you feel about starting a Touhou themed Minetest server?

I don't see why not.
but i also don't see why minetest

Thread was kind of dead today.

Not many people on during the weekdays.

Morning fairies.

It's moddable. We can use Touhou skins and have Touhou based items and mobs. The problem is that we would have to make it ourselves. There's no Touhou mods and only a few skins.

bump

I'm up for gaymes. (MM2/soku, maybe even UT2004/KF)
can come to irc if wanted

suku - 94.188.40.99:10800
come to irc if you want to shitpost inbetween matches

bampu

Bump back at you.

anyone up for soku?

Are you still up to play?
I could play a few rounds

same, just wanted a few matches. got a host up
173.56.238.47:10802

i think we're desyncing a lot, try not to use her default 236b/c. it's notorious for desyncing matches

GGs, I wasn't aware that move caused the game to fuck up like that. Sorta unfortunate because I like it.

ggs, and yeah. it should be pretty noticeable when desyncs happen. you start to see the other person doing weird stuff like backing up into the corner, just randomly attacking with melee even though you're a full screen away

Is there any particular reason as to why it desynchs?
I assume it is because it puts out a bunch of effects, but I don't know

wish i knew, since i never really bothered to ask in the irc, nor has anyone really explained in detail why.
supposedly it's the C version that causes desyncs the most, so i just assume it's faulty coding for this move that results in the game not registering the input correctly over our connection

Good evening, lads. Hopefully we can play some actual videogames today.

Soku, anyone?

maybe if u host

soku - 94.188.40.99:10800

I'm up for games.

can come to irc if needed

i got bullied again
a-at least I won two matches

By "can come to irc if needed", I meant "I'm already in irc if needed"

also notrad i didn't notice you come in the irc i sorry

To be more specific, I'm up for anything other than AoE+.

Welp, what did I expect from a weekday.

results?

What do you mean?

Hosting Soku
>50.88.138.151:10800

Why is nobody interested in AoE+ anymore? It's my favorite game from these threads.

It kinda lags really hard if anyone from another continent connects. Other than that i just think that people are either a bit scared about playing an RTS against someone else or they are burned out from playing against the cheating AI all the time.

Hopefully we can have some AoE matches tomorrow, it's really fun and challenging in teamgames.

It's hard to get 4 players and when there's less, someone usually gets bullied. There's no latency problems except for when someone with shoestring Internet joins. The netcode is better than MM2.

I haven't played for the past few threads except for 3 rounds of Soku just to remind myself why I can't stand it. Some of you were talking on IRC. I only played Alice, not Marisa. The last game I enjoyed was that one HnS game. I also don't like MM2. The lag makes it unplayable and it crashes over the slightest hiccup. When we did play, I mostly enjoyed races(mainly because I found them less broken than the fighting sections), but it seems that you fairies prefer to skip them. There were only 2 maps and there's no way to add more, so it gets boring anyway.

This is why I suggested Minetest. It's a game where you can run around hunting fairies, have them drop mini UFOs, craft them into a big UFO, and fly around with it. I like the idea of having an open sandbox that can be shared with friends and is possible to customize to a deep level. The fact that it's open source, runs on a toaster, has server-side mod support, and a dedicated server makes it even better. Of course, it can't be done without interest.

I tried hosting Touhou Doom but it won't run on Zandronum due to errors. It was intended for GZDoom. It can probably be fixed by editing the wad.

The problem is, with our numbers, it's hard as hell to make a more-than-four-player game. If there's gonna be a lot of people on, like 6 or so, AoE+ is the way to go, but people just don't seem to play that much vidya.

MM2 is fun as hell precisely because it lags like hell - lag allows for a lot more reaction time, which in turn allows for more complicated plays since we don't practice that much. I only host fighting games since there are only two races and spirit battles with lowfps are just boring compared to fighting stages.

The problem with autistic sandboxes like that is that it gets really, really boring after awhile unless you go full-on autism.

On the topic of new games though. Aside from the whole Serious Suika and 2hudum/demonsteele business, there's also this - en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lord_of_Maidens , so if any of you want to try that with netplay instead of gitting gud at soku or whatever else, we can do that.

I heard vavoom has better lightning and no space ants screen tearing. I'll have to test it out later.

That maybe true, but it would be nice to play river city touhou as intended.

Could be fun.

From what I looked up it doesn't seem to change much of the visuals. Would it require B-net?

I'm guessing it's either that or Evolve again.

There are 2hu Minetest mods/subgames?

Why does ZUN act like Kasen being an Oni is a big twist no one discovered, and if that isn't the case why do the main characters seem to not realize/care at all? You read the manga and the writing is all "OH BOY I WONDER WHY, WINK, WINK", and it's pretty damn obvious.
Am I missing something?

Consider the broken controls and how hard it is to use specials. How does that allow for more complicated plays? It's painfully difficult to do even basic inputs. Double tapping the arrow keys leads to illicit mistakes such as not being able to stop running before going off a ledge.
It gets boring when you stop being creative.
Is it good?

Isn't this dead? Does it even support netplay?

No. We'd have to make them.

Good evening everyone.
I guess I'm up for games.
am in irc if needed

Actually, I was away for a while. NOW I'm up for games.

Only a specific couple of specials are hard to use with lag, such as Eirin's arrow spam or Okuu's nuclear thing that takes up 3/4ths the screen. Rest of the specials are fairly simple, like jumping punch, landing kick, dashing kick and so on.
You generally don't use double-tapping because it's so wonky. Dashing is done by pressing D and moving left or right, but since it sometimes fumbles inputs it's easier to hold D instead.

Speaking of which - MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800

I don't think vavoom is dead, so much as there wasn't wasn't anything left to do with it? The goal was pretty much achieved. People still update the project from time to time though.

Hosting AoE+.
Lobby will be open for 10 minutes.
71.239.121.92:10800

The latency wasn't bad at all. It was slower but it was wholly playable and there were no spikes. I made lots of silly mistakes like forgetting to make workers and houses. That's due to not playing for a while. It took me forever to get to Lunatic because I neglected to get faith. I was focusing everything on unit production which ended up working out. Why did you scatter those houses outside of your base? You shouldn't have left those fairies out in the open undefended. It's only a matter of time before Satori finds them.

I was using them as a distraction, infact the whole northen side was a distraction including the hole near my base to lure your entire army into that direction, but halfway through i forgot to make circles, workers and more in-base houses so i got fucked by an army/economy deficiency.

Good evening, up for games, same as always.

Is there a way to play Soku easily with the D-pad? The game doesn't detect the D-pad and only analog inputs.

It should work. Does your controller have a button to toggle the d-pad?

I just plugged in my usb 360 controller. Didn't have to set a single thing.

Maybe you need to install some drivers? Do other games work with your pad? If all else fails, you can try JoyToKey.

no, I mean my works just fine. It was plug in play. Unless you meant to reply to this user.

Oops. I thought you two were the same poster. I need to pay attention.

Bump, anyone up for games?

I use PS4 controllers. I can use JoyToKey sometimes but every time you finish a match you have to reenter the keys every single time. Makes playing with a friend a pain in the ass.

Check to see if your game files are set to read only. Does that sometimes with zip files.

I'm back, fairies!

I'm still looking for a good looking Mei Ling model for our upcoming journey in Serious Sam.

As mentioned before, if you would like to join in but you would like to have your 2hu added, please give me your input.

Characters

Suika
Satori
Hong
Yuuka
Rinnosuke
Yuugi

Anything good come out this Comiket?

Haven't found a complete list so I couldn't tell you. No new game from ZUN (Thats to be expected anyway)

I am however interested in what looks like a crossover between Touhou and Taiko no Tatsujin (Rhythm game, the people behind it did the 3 Donkey Konga games for Nintendo)

Let's have fun playing Serious Sam together! If you'd add Reisen, I'd deeply appreciate it. I prefer her black suit outfit.

anyone alive? looking to get some soku matches in before i pass out

I'll play 10 rounds with you if you host.

sounds good
173.56.238.47:10802

Connection failed?

You are a bully.

GGs man, feels great to play in a good connection for once

It feels good to live in a civilized country.

Your quads a lie. I want to live in quiet village between mountains, around a huge waterfall, instead of experiencing neet lifestyle in town.

I do? I guess the scenery would be nice.

The country Alice and the city Alice

Anyone tried Metal Gear Reimu?

Mornin, fairies!

Lets-a play!

Up for bibeo bames.

To be more specific, up for MM2/UT2004/KF.
Any hosts?

Hosting (or trying to) soku.

100.6.6.135:10800

No dice on my end.

Try again

I'm in

Whoa, now I really felt that!

My bullying victim left me, rehosting

I will play.

The lag is a big bully.

Welp, I got bullied.
what did i expect, it's ayaya's wild ride

It's quiet in here. We need more games and we got nothing from Comiket. Bad times.

I was searching for Serious Sam links which they turned out to be dead, so I nabbed them off my old Steam and now I just have to apply the cracks.

Will there be a download link for the next thread?

If it works as intended, yes.

No but I want to

Good morning everyone, hosting soku.

Mornin, fairies.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that Serious Sam HD First Encounter works!

Bad news though is that I haven't gotten 2nd Encounter or 3 to work and on top of First Encounter, they thought it'd be a smart idea to have your name tied to Steam so it can't be changed unless you yourself changed your Steam nickname.

Oh and the editor is also tied behind Steam so…yeah.

Serious Sam Classics Revolution is the best version of the 1st/2nd Encounter and has been something like a dollar many times.

I still haven't found a tutorial on making player models for it though.

Hosting soku

The joys of freedom-hating software.

GGs, sorry I joined and left at the start I had the wrong profile active.

Good games!

bump

Don't be sad fairy, would a Nue pun cheer you up?

No worries, I'm all right.

I suppose I'll have no choice but to make my shit with Steam and at the very least, we can play First Encounter fine (Even though I personally like 2nd Encounter more), plus once I finish making the mods, they can be used for offline play so its not like Steam is required to play

And as long as we each used unique models, the name part won't be bothersome.

Still annoying they used the system though.

We're discussing mods in the IRC. Since we're not getting any new games, we have to make them ourselves.

Modding Minetest is simple. Not only is the game open source, but it also has an API. Minetest vanilla is quite minimal. It doesn't even have mobs. That's a good design choice in a game that's based on modding.

Minetest has superior performance to Minecraft. It runs fine a toaster laptop online with mods. Minecraft lags on a good computer in singleplayer without mods. Minecraft server won't run on a VPS with 512mb of ram. Minetest server runs just fine, even with other programs running.

There's also Serious Suika and the Unreal Invasion thing. That should help us pull this thread out of a rut. It's been too quiet here.

Is there a non-Steam version?

2nd wrst 2hu

I don't know about doing that again. Sure theres plenty of maps to fight in and it can be customized to our liking, but didn't a few of us say that particles or something wasn't displaying when fired?

Theres still the Unreal 1 Adventure as well for our co-op journey needs (I think you can skip the cutscenes, not sure)

For the HD games? Nope, they need Steam.

Theres Classic Revolution which remakes the classic games again but as I mentioned before, I've had no luck in finding a guide to making player models. I'm pretty sure the old Sam games don't need Steam but still no idea how to make characters.

2 I don't think needs Steam either but no guide has been found for me.

I do also wish I had resources for making custom skins for Quake 3.

We started up a server and explored for a bit. It was fun. Before going any deeper, we have to make some Touhou skins. The server will have a password and won't be available to anyone that isn't a regular here.

github.com/tenplus1/simple_skins

Here's the mod. You can use the existing skins as a basis for making new ones. Name your Touhou before making her, since we don't want duplicates. I'm going with Murasa.

I was disappointed by how poor the sound design is in that game compared to the original thief games. I was pissed that I kept walking into rooms when it was absolutely silent and there would be a guard in there.

man the comment kills that one. they overexplained the joke

Where are the games? I thought there would be games!

Well as it turns out, skipping cutscenes in Unreal 1 adventure isn't possible (Using that RE4 camera mod broke the game mode because it gave me the usual Assault Rifle and Shield Gun)

We'll just have to bear with it, should we actually go on that journey.

Oh boy

I'm taking Yuuka.
also i already got the skin done, i just looked it up and downloaded one of them
do i post it now?

Blame the level designers.

It's a weekday.

I need the image to put it on the server.

Alright then, I guess I'll just post it.
goddamn looking up "yuuka kazami minecraft skin" felt embarrassing

Morning, fairies.

I'll be occupied for most of this day.

Guess I'll take Suika.

I pick Nazrin. Also, here's a site with a bunch of good Touhou skins. It includes nearly everyone except for PC-98 and LoLK characters. setomumcskin.ehoh.net/index.html

Well shit, seems like that site has a better skin than what I got. I change my mind.

I'd like to have Yukarin!

How exactly does one gain access to the server? Should I come to the IRC first?

Yes, the details will be distributed through IRC.

There's not enough people to play today. Let's do it on Friday.

New thread will be tomorrow.

Like all community driven things, levels vary greatly.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice we already broke the bump limit

New thread when?