Our own TBC private server is up again!

Our own TBC private server is up again!

REALMLIST : infinity-v.ddns.net

Make your account on the website:
infinity-v.ddns.net/

We need stress testing and people who can shit on the server while finding bugs.

STATUS: Currently reverting to initial release of the TBC expansion 2.0

WHAT WE NEED: You fags

- Server is currently up to about 50 accounts
- We have a bugtracking document on jewgle drive
- download TBC client:
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxk9lSXVV7XCUnZBZll5WXMtTHc/view

GET IN

Other urls found in this thread:

valkyrie-wow.org
mega.nz/#!NVhHGD7J!P9Dz1tDZ_D2xKESKTP04JE2xltQwfujQL_3Gsg__GYg
mega.nz/#!uYxBWAYb!4bV1pqFl2-zXRS7063GqzAnt53oe5jTcmlVce9CtKPc
valkyrie-wow.org/timer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have been thinking about jumping on a TBC private server, I'll check it out tomorrow.
you are going to want to shill it more places to actually get enough people for 25 mans

the idea is to get it as bug free as possible before making it public, then we'll go public and probably get donations to run the server hardware

we'll probably shill it on reddit to get more interest and to get it stress tested

so far while the majority of the group is testing end game raids, I'm testing Belf content by myself with a walking speed increase to make shit bearable

bump

whats so good about this server that it won't just be shit like everything else

why dont you try it

we're working on it and we're also trying to restore it to 2.0 in terms of stats and difficulty

we're also probably only going to ban cheaters and exploiters

of course there is nothing stopping other players from putting you on their ignore list

Downloading.

Ah fuck it, just playing TBC as a warlock was fun as shit.

Why

how many devs

right now it seems only default is working on it, but I'm sure he'd welcome any help he can get to expedite bug fixing

right now the server for all intents and purposes is in bug fix and trouble shooting mode, the server isn't ready for live yet, and there has been talk of opening it to the public for stress testing

I never played WoW before, so sorry if this sounds really stupid.

Do I need to get a valid game key/blizz account or just with the site there will do?

No, everything you need to get started is up top there.

see

bear in mind we're testing the server, so for now it's insta 70 with gibs me dat vendors, come public release it'll be a straight 1-70 run with default exp gain and no free shit vendors

So are half the quests bugged like most private servers or has TBC been fixed now? I haven't played in maybe a year or two.

That's what we're testing for, most quests seem to be working as intended, but the bug doc is present to record what is and isn't fucked.

I'll keep an eye out for that stuff, nothing quite like getting deep up a quest line for it to just stop functioning.

every test helps, I even had default put me at level 1 so I could see all the quests for Belves and do them

adding more shit to the bug doc, also loved how default missed the flight path to sunwell isle

Why though? We have other servers with other people. Is this a test for a public private server in the future?

we're bug testing before we make it public, please l2read

I changed everything in the three realmlist files to the listed address and registered on the site but I can't actually log on in the client, what am I doing wrong/stupid?

Oh boy i sure will love to kill Kael'Thas and Vashj and Zul'jin and Archimonde and Illidan and Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden for the 1241235th time

yea i am sure you were one of people in top 5% who killed Kael and Vashj and one of people from top 1% who killed hardest boss in WoW aka Archimonde

open realmlist

set realmlist infinity-v.ddns.net

I've been holding off on private servers in hopes for a Blizz hosted one.
Even if it's shit the data from it will help private servers fix bugs asap since Blizz has the original code.

With this in mind, should we bother testing anything but BC content?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Blizzard won't "help" anything, the main problem is the private servers using Trinity or Mangos/Cmangos tend to not give back to the repo, so any fixes done go down with the server

As for testing, test everything

From what I've heard most private servers don't use the original data for stats regarding mobs etc… With the release of an official Blizzard server using the original code we could take the data that is no longer available to us, no?

the problem, especially with Vanilla is documentation

TBC and later expansions have lots of documentation but they also have patches where stats got changed or removed or added

Also the problem with your idea of a legacy server is basically blizzard doesn't want to do that, see their idea which was the "Pristine Server", which is essentially a WoD realm with EXP grind

Right now we're working on restoring the build we have to basically release TBC with bug fixes already in place, but it's going to take a bit because we NEED people to do bug testing and Default right now could use help fixing said bugs

we get more people and more coders and we get more of it fixed up faster

how can anyone stoop so low

are you clinically retarded? or a nigger? read the thread

whats the point? why not use a bunch of redditors to be the lab rats?

I think you belong on reddit

KARAZHAN TESTING IN 2 HOURS

But what is the fucking point?

alright captain put down, what do YOU propose?

I had lost faith this was going to be up again, man. Count me in.
By the way, how the fuck is the rolling back to 2.0 going to work? Do I need to download the entire client again? The characters got wiped, so I can pick my name again?

Basically the client stays the same, everything is handled server side

I propose you to reconsider your life.
How are you going to do something that everyone else hasn't been able to. One script kiddy?

you're trying too hard to fit in friendo

vendors change what they sell and some raids are unplayable

Thats it

Where the fuck do you get those numbers from?
I wasn't exactly in an amazing guild but I still got to Eredar Twins in SWP before the nerf

This is your agenda isn't it?
Use us for free and if you ever make something hop over to reddit in hopes of patreon money?

What was the hardest boss before nerf and post nerf in TBC

this is a trick question

most of us already playing are from the 8ch Holla Forums guild from nost and kronos, we just got tired of playing on shit server after shit server and are taking things into our own hands

This reminds me, where are we supposed to send bugs to?

And now you're playing on steaming pile of broken shit. How is that supposed to be an improvement?

see the Gdoc in the OP?

when you find a bug write it down, leave it in black text (which is what I've been doing) and let default take care of it

I think there is ONE other guy aside from default, who is working on the server

Default will change the text colour of the bug to prioritize it, right now the big focus is on the TBC content and raids for the large part with a Karazhan test happening tonight

I can only say what I remember my guild struggling most with, which was prob Brutallus pre nerf. Post nerf I quit so I have no idea if anything was hard anymore.

I remember people talking about Muru being really bullshit pre nerf

you failed the trick question

Please elaborate.

Your shit is as bad as all those past servers you faggots have kept constantly hopping. This server having particularly no hope for future.

The only link there is for the torrent, no links to said google doc…

pre-nerf was Mag because he required perfect execution with BiS gear

post-nerf was Archimonde because there were so many things to fuck up like not using slowfall at right time, RNG pathing of Doomfire and other things that would punish entire raid, every time raid member dies Archimonde deals raid wide damage and effect dependant on what class dies so 1 guy dying triggers domino effect which wipes out the raid.

Sunwell was simply a gear check and Muru wasnt hard he was bugged during his adds phase, only hard bosses there were Brut because of tank switch and Eredar Twins (how to avoid Conflag damage on entire raid) which was done by Nihilum by jumping from entrance when player gets conflag

right, I gotta check with default if he wants me posting the bug doc here, if not you can submit in game a bug report through the help system

I can accept Magtheridon I completely forgot about him .. but I still don't agree with Archimonde, he wasn't hard pre nerf, how can you claim he was the hardest post nerf?

did you even down Archimonde?

Yes, I cleared everything up to Eredar Twins as I said. If you didn't have retards Archimonde wasn't hard. I was sort of expecting you would say Kael was the hardest post nerf.

Brut was hard because it was a gear check btw. My raid team only had 1 lock so our dps was lacking but we got it eventually

yea because locks were doing insane dps back then and warriors, hunters and rogues (especially those with glaives) were hitting for nothing

TESTING KARA NOW

world of warcraft was a good game that didnt invite ruination

this is reddit as fuck and you know it
can mods delete this shill?

Autistic as shit. Bury yourself.

now this is shitposting, you muddied the line. i can't tell if you're genuinely retarded or pretending

not all Holla Forums run servers are TF2C levels of cancer

I just screen capped a webm

but yeah is just muddying the waters, also he cries about reddit, yet who do you think plays on those private servers with 1K+ pop?

also at one point those servers with 5+ years of uptime (I can assume he means peenix, only one that comes to mind) started off as buggy shit servers that were tested by a small group of people before being opened to the public

TL;DR

9dec8d just loves to smoke cock

im sure, im just shitposting

fuck off back to 4chan faggot

i prefer it here

Durnholde keep tested due to lack of people for Kara

outside a small bug where heroic mode had some NPCs, like thrall at level 1 the instance and everything in it works as it should

need people to help test karazhan

Is the server down?

Demon Hunter hype

*raises paw*
I WENT ONLINE AND NOBODY WAS ONLINE SO I'M JUST GOING TO KILL MYSELF NOW

Im online atm, just running from Tirisfall to Durotar to pick up armor and skills

My problem with TBC is that it broke a lot of fun vanilla items, implemented garbage scaling and rating systems, destroyed world PvP through flying mounts, and doled out Shamans to alliance along with Paladins to horde.

These things made WoW less interesting for me.

also all vanilla content on tbc servers comes bugged to the max, not even Corecraft is bothering to fix all of it, and they've been in development for years

helm that stuns people for 30 seconds is not a "fun" item but broken piece of shit, world pvp can be fixed or have flying mounts disabled

what vanilla content is bugged?

all of it, mobs dont use spells, dont do correct damage, pathing is broken, LoS doesn't work just to name a few

They also broke weapon procs and tidal charm and other trinkets and a couple of potions iirc.

so it's like our server ATM except casters actually use spells?

most minute bug I've found so far is in escape from durnholde keep, if Thrall gets poly'ed he loses his gear after popping back out of it

i was talking about this server, its the same as any stock server, go download a tbc repack and you'll have the same thing

it takes years to fix up the core issues, no one has time for that shit

which is why we need more people, if default can get help with this shit it'll go a lot quicker

Kara soon

Bumping cuz we would really love more people online to test

Working hours for many of us, nigga.

testing strat now, everything seems to work, moving to UD section

shieet

Where can I get gear?

Gear is located for Horde at the Orc and Troll Starting zone

Cmon guys, two more then we can do Karazhan.

defautl hasn't added shit to alliance yet

horde has all the gear vendors

Karazhan test need people

hm… are all the gear venders neutral? Might be fun to hike over to Org.

gear vendors are friendly to both factions

not in org, valley of trials

so is this going to be a 1-70 or instant 70 raids/pvp events thing?

for testing purposes, right now it's insta 70 with gear vendors

when it goes public it'll be a straight 1-70 experience that is as close to release TBC as possible

meh I actually like the lvl 70 insta better since there won't be enough stable userbase having like events in weekends where everyone hopes on together to do large pvps or 25man raids would be a good idea in my opinion but it's your call in the end and keep up the good effort.

well the idea is to make the server public when/if we fix everything

so it won't just be Holla Forums playing on it

just gotta have faith

Cmon you fucks, its been an hour and a half, someone join so we can do Karazhan.

pfff

it took me a second

test of karazhan on hold till we can get more people on to help test

testing heroic dungeons now

Is there like a gitbucket or something that I could help contribute to?

Where to submit bugs?

there should be tbh

there's a bug document, I have no idea if default wants it publicly posted or not

Someone talk me out of making an orc arms warrior.

I was going to make an undead warrior because it's not as common as the other classes available to that race and it's like you're an actual zombie just going around mindlessly killing things without much fancy stuff going on. But then I took a look at orc racials and saw
and I feel like I'd just be missing out if I didn't roll a proppa greenskin.

right now we're more testing than playing

Orc Warrior is best combo for PvP and PvE, undead is more of a personal choice for visual

testing magtheridon heroic

Don't post the bug log publically, if people want it, it's in the Discord

probably be gonna be testin ghostlands content some more anyone wanna come with?

I'm autistic, I can't find the fucking realmlist.

basically on the site in the OP it tells you at the bottom of the page

if you are talking about where to change it here

what program should I use to open those files
when I try to open it it shows pic related

a simple notepad or any text viewing program

thanks

Vanilla orc warriors with a smidge of prot were more retarded. They had a full 40% stun resist, plus trinket. There's a jewel with 5% stun resist and an engineering helm with 10% stun resist (Foreman's Reinforced Helmet) in BC though, so you could still reach 40% stun resist if you want. 41% if you use Mark of Resolution, but it's a shit trinket.

Undead lets you break Priest Mind Control and Succubus Seduce. Also has its uses against Fear if you happen to be a Fury warrior or shit. And on rare occasion it can give you a second combat heal that gives no fucks about DoTs.

I guess it's a better time than never to try out the game. I've already gotten my bearings with the menu and combat. The only real hurdle left is travel.

i knew this place was full of casuls but this is too much

well Kronos is meh and we're waiting for the next big thing really which will no doubt have a hand ful of anons saying they don't like it and to wait for THEIR favorite up and coming server

right now bug testing is the name of the game

Elysium is due to be out in a week (on the 18th), if you're interested.

probably, but pop is a major factor for private servers, and even if elu is good I still want to help default with this, I mean we've already fixed shti that is still broken on vengance of azeorth

Yeah, it sucks but pop is king, and from the looks of things it seems like only about 60-100 people will be on Elysium when it opens up. I hope I'm fucking wrong though. I'd like nothing more than to ditch Kronos and get leveling on a different server but it seems like they have the largest pop at the moment.

I'm going to try Elysium when it opens up because it might not fall flat on its ass. If it does well, I wouldn't mind it having its own thread.

Why stock mangos? Even default hellground core is light years ahead of it, not to mention with few fixes.

I'm pretty sure it's not stock, also again we're bug testing and fixing it up

testing a dungeon now

The problem is that even if blizzard would make official legacy realms it would suck harder then a 5 dollar whore trying to get her john off while her kid sits waiting in the car at 50 degree celsius with the windows closed.

Either it would have the dungeon finding cancer and you can't say nigger in guildchat

So… I downloaded the shit, how do I join now?

never played WoW before by the way

I'd honestly wait for elusiyum to launch
valkyrie-wow.org

our TBC server is still being worked on heavily so you won't get good experience

how to edit realmlist.wtf

-go to the root directory of your client download and locate realmlist.wtf

-Open it with anything like notepad, wordpard,notepad++

-change the realmlist to the private server specified one (in this case set realmlist infinity-v.ddns.net)

-save the document

-boot up the client

-log in with the credentials you created on that private server's site (our site seems to be down ATM)

-enjoy

Well, I've got a problem…
I set all of the links in every realmlist file to infinity-v.ddns.net because I'm a fucking idiot.

there's only one realmlist, also default takes the server down when no one is really on, so if it's down it cna't be helped

if you need a fresh install:

mega.nz/#!NVhHGD7J!P9Dz1tDZ_D2xKESKTP04JE2xltQwfujQL_3Gsg__GYg

also comes with a fuckton of addons, so fiddle with it

Look it up the realmlist for the server you wanna play on, then edit the realmlist.wtf with notepad. It's literally a wordpad document with one line, it's mostly idiot proof.

But what about realmlist.live or realmlist.ptr?
that's where i also put the links in

what launcher are you using?

I'm using what was in the OP.

Nvm, seems to work now.

I only have realmlist.wtf

try editing the lvie one

Bump

need more people to help test, as it currently stands 40 man raids and even 25 man raids will be unable to be properly tested unless we start going public for tester searches

We can hardly get the people for Kara.

Need more online for dungeons and testing Kara later on

Kara tonight, we will go as soon as enough people show up!

GET IN

Finishing Kara from last night

Is this server instant 70?

instant 70 for testing, if/when we go public it'll be a 1-70 slog

WHY IS A BLOOD ELF IN THAT IMAGE?

we have to test ALL content

wait till we start testing NELF shit

Moroes down

A: Are there any name restrictions?
B: Can the admins change the name-creation lists for warlock deamons?
C: If B was answered with yes. Can we get an admin to name all deamons something hilarious? Like video game characters, pokemon, or nigg-names? Shit would be cash.

A. No
B. demon names are randomized from a huge pool
C. Do you really want more pop-culture references in WoW? You can name your hunter pets the way you want tho

A: Good.
B: Good.
C: Not pop culture, but imageboard culture.

technically there ARE restrictions on names last I checked, but it was simply the built in profanity filter which we'll probably remove last

Where exactly is the bugtracking document?
the link in the OP is just for the torrent for the client, right?
the link on the website leads to a dead thread. should be re-routed to this one, and changed with every new thread created.

check guild info on the server

About that, is anyone going to make a thread for it? It's coming out real soon.

when it comes out we'll make a thread with instructions

we're doing dorf fort this time

Screamaxe/Ayamissa/Ashikoki here from Kronos and Nost. What's up fellas?

you're lucky my love of dorfs is greater than my hatred of elves

I sure do hope fem Night Elves are welcome.

I also hear that halfchan might be going horde this time. Not sure though.

Just don't roll priest as a Nelf.

Dwarf fear ward OP.

Fuck, how did you guess? I just love asshole drow priestesses/mages in every media.

I guess I'll figure out something else, elf or not.

Oh shit, forget about it.

there's always druid. it does a decent job of fulfilling the same role as a priest, with the added bonus of not being complete garbage in wpvp.

nope

get out ya daggered ear bastard

only non-dorfs allowed will be black humans who must be the roles dorfs can't be

You mean like druid?

we don't need no drooids

Magnet link for the client please

use google

Thats helpful.

it is, I found like 8 torrents just by googling

Thanks for sharing that information instead of asked link. That will sure bring more players.

no elves you faggot, whole point of going dorf. The hells do you even need druids for? sucking huge dwarf cock? because if you were less of a shitter battle rez wouldn't be needed

humies alright though, gotta get that mage water somewhere

hey dummy, here's the old nostalrius download link. What became of image boards, people expect to be spoonfed now
mega.nz/#!uYxBWAYb!4bV1pqFl2-zXRS7063GqzAnt53oe5jTcmlVce9CtKPc

I only asked because there might've been a Holla Forums torrent of sorts and if there was one i'd seed that. If any old client works i can find one no problem

there isn't, I mean I have a TBC client uploaded with a fuckton of addons

if you need a torrent just browse the net, trying not to spoonfeed for something so easily found

fuck off blizzdrone

Anyone remember the hit cap for Fury Warriors dual wielding?

Disregard, I suck cocks.

For anyone interested, Elysium (vanilla server) is due to launch in 11 hours.

valkyrie-wow.org/timer

we'll make a thread for the server when it's maybe 5 hours or so from launch

jsut gonna edit the nost/kronos pastebin

Why bother though? Isn't it just another vanilla server? How much better is it than Kronos?

And are we really going to try and start a guild on this server?

better scripting supposedly

Kronos was bugy and seemed to get progressively worse when K2 opened

K1 is ghost town isnt it?

yeah