Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K

Sony and Microsoft are both trying to push console gaming into 4K, and the latest revision of the Xbox is doing that the right way for the current television market.

Earlier this week, Microsoft released the Xbox One S. This is a slimmer Xbox One that can upscale game content to 4K and can play 4K video like Ultra HD Blu-ray films. It starts at $300 for a 500GB model — although the $400 2TB version is the only one on store shelves right now. I’ve already reviewed it, and I think it’s the go-to Xbox One model for anyone looking to get a next-gen system. But, more than that, the Xbox One S is a savvy move from Microsoft to help settle a 4K TV business that is still a realm primarily for early adopters.

4K is a new video standard that comprises four-times the number of pixels of 1080p, which is sometimes called “full HD.” Between now and next holiday, Sony and Microsoft will have three different “4K” consoles. The Xbox One S is out now, and Sony is planning to launch the PlayStation 4 Neo sometime in the near future. At the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show in June, Microsoft also revealed that it will launch the Xbox One Scorpio in 2017. The Neo and the Scorpio will both feature major horsepower improvements aimed at delivering improved visuals rendered at a 4K resolution. But while Sony may jump straight to the upgrade with Neo, Microsoft may benefit from launching the Xbox One S first.

please use archive.is/2016/08/xbox-one-s-e-o-console-certo-para-o-mercado-4k.html

Review provided by the marketing department of Microsoft, Redmond, USA.

who the fuck is so brain dead they would shell out $400 for a 4K tv and then another $500 for a console that can't even push 4K, and even if it can it'll run at 20 or 30fps? That's $900 at bare minimum for a subpar shitty experience. Normalfags are a fucking cancer upon this Earth.

ebin

the shills can't even get their story straight, the S is just smaller, the next delta is supposed to be like the PS4.5 where it can actually handle 4k res without chugging

Not with the shitty specs the Neo is confirmed to have

Also, they're talking about 4k Blurays and Netflix streaming. Not the actual Game Upscaler.

If you want 4k gaming use a PC capable of doing 4k gaming.

4k consoles, much like HD consoles, in many if not most cases will not fulfill their intended purpose because they are incapable of running at such resolutions with high stable framerates. For some generations now, console hardware has been trying to do things it cannot do. People have been overpaying for these products that objectively do not deliver & 4k consoles will be no different.

Yeah great. They are finally pushing something to see a pimple from someones face.

UNCOMPRESSED PIXELS

HD consoles have never been able to keep up with tvs. 360/PS3 games were 720 or below when 720p tvs at the time were actually 768p. Now most console games run at 900p which is truly pathetic when 1080p tvs are being replaced with 4k. These new console revisions are just desperate attempts to get 4k in their name and don't make a difference in game picture quality.

>most Xbox games still run at 900p or even 720p

the 900p thing is just something that's happened with one (a few?) xbox one games. 4K displays are still not reasonably priced yet. I don't see the resolution being meaningful until about 2 or 3 years from now. To my knowledge, Sony isn't placing emphasis on 4K support, but rather VR performance.

Who even owns a 4K TV? As far as I know, hardly any channel broadcasts in 4K anyway, what's the point? They're pushing it too early.

Why are they trying to match up with 4k TVs? For crying out loud, the PS4 is the more powerful of the next gen consoles so far and can barely even handle 1080p 60FPS games like they promised, god knows how much the new revisions will cost in order to meet their inevitable "4K 60FPS" lie. I don't even want to know how much longer that will cause games to be developed for, games are taking too long to be made so much that this generation has basically been nothing but ports.

Why are we getting lazy shills? What happened to the shills that would go until (215) posts?

I do. I download 4K versions of movies to watch on it; other than that it does look pretty nice even with the upscaled stuff and at least I won't have to buy a new TV for the foreseeable future.

Type your "(favorite game) xbone resolution" into google.

Speaking of pushing things too early, when did "HD TVs" become widely adopted? I don't think it was at the start of the 360's launch, thats for sure, and since its only now HD TVs are cheap that I dont see consumers switching any time soon.

I only heard it being reported about one game and none since, don't know if it's standard, don't particularly care.

I think the transition to HD went faster than to 4K will, mostly because the normalfags can't see the big difference. Of course you'll get drones buying into marketing but I think mass adoption will take quite some time.

They use multiple ids now

I'd say it was anytime from 2006-2009. Switching to digital TV in the US made a lot of people upgrade instead of using the converter box. IIRC the 360 didn't come with HDMI cables on launch since composite/component was still what 90% (probably 5% for component) used.

Now that everyone has a giant 1080p TV to watch DVDs on I don't think you're going to see people shelling out the money for a 4K TV for muh resolution when they already sit 5 feet away from the fucking thing. Maybe once they get cheap, seeing as before 2006 or so flatscreen TVs were too expensive to justify throwing away the tube.

It's pretty standard.

I mean most streaming services that are advertised as "HD" really don't even stream full quality 1080p bitrate. Most torrents you get of BDrips that are bluray quality will be much higher bitrate than the same thing being streamed on Netflix. The truth is we still live in a low fidelity world when it comes to the mass market.

Ttruly the definitive next-gen experience.

Shhh. The goyim don't realize that bitrate is even a thing.

Most people I talk to don't even know common video formats or what "encoding" means. They're the same kind of people that aren't angry that iPhones lack the ability to drag-and-drop files with a PC.

very odd resolutions, but it is always best to go where the games that interest you most.

That's 9.4m pixels vs 1.5m pixels. It's not "four times as many". Shit article that knows nothing

Why would anyone want an Xbone, never mind playing whatever shit it has at 4K?

1080p is 1920x1080. 4k is 3840x2160.
Now, is the XmallBone the right console for 4k? Hell no. But a 4k TV is the right output option for Xbone games as their typical resolutions of 720p and 900p scale better to 4k than to 1080p.

4k should had been called 2k. They continuously calling it 4k and never call it 2160p to convince normalfags that its actually 4096p or something like that.

Jewish tactics.

Why is it called 4k anyways?No one ever called 1080p "1k" or 720p "0.7k".

Because you think it has good enough exclusive to warrant buying. It doesn't, but some retards think it does.

Don't post that image. It makes you look like an idiot.

4k is a fine name, because it is 4 times as large as 1080p. 2k is twice as large.

If you want a have a problem with a name, beat on calling a resolution WHUXGA, or complain about quad HD which is 2k.

QHD is 4 times as large as 720P which is (was?) technically HD, but nowadays 1080p is more associated with HD.

The label "HD" in itself a fucking stupid and unneeded label.

Anyone that actually knows width and height of resolutions knows that 2160p is 4k.

Both have been referred to as "HD" or "Full HD". Literally marketing terms.

this will fall through horribly, even worse than the last consoles. What remains to be seen is if console plebs will eat it up

still have (215).html

and then get on an image board to try subtly shilling your inferior product.

I would love to know which games you found so interesting that were not available on other systems.

basically they took the already retarded way to shortly name a resolution (vertical pixels + p for progressive for some reason) and then they decided they'll use the cinema version of that retarded word of mouth standard but then instead of using multiples of resolutions commonly used on cinema and cinema projectors they used multiples of resolutions for consumer products, and the whole thing is so deep in marketing babble that it's never going to be fixed

all marketing names stabilished by godknowswho, 1024x768 is the lowest resolution to be called HD though

The progressive label remains from when people actually used interlaced displays and it was important to know if you were dealing with progressive or not.

Nowadays, everything is progressive so we don't even have to worry about interlacing, but the naming scheme stuck for some reason.

Wonder if people will forget how disastrous the Xbone was at its first reveal

trying to stay away from the player is technically AI but still the whole thing is hilariating

What's so good about 4k gaming? I have a 1366*768 monitor and I am happy with it.

user a 1080p monitor that's not dog shit costs like

if you can't guess the answer you seriously need to seek mental help

I own a 4k monitor.

Get a 2k one.

yeah but what's the difference? like the only thing I can think of is that it's bigger.

Daily reminder that the Xbox One S only saves

THREE FRAMES PER SECOND ON SELECT TITLES

because despite the overclock on the graphics card, the processor is too slow

I thought modern hardware was too complex to use assumptions on how long it takes for something to happen to save cycles

1366x768 has less room to work on and is lower quality overall due to less ppi on smaller screens, and on larger screens it looks even fucking worse.

It's shit user, a 1080p monitor is less than $100 so you have literally no excuse unless you're homeless and collecting semen for a living.

hmm. I think i'll get it as a second monitor then I always wanted to multi-monitor.

well to add to that I am kind of poor and live in a shit country but I think I can manage to save some money to get a somewhat decent monitor.

"If you don't have internet connectivity then we have a product, it's called Xbox 360."
"So your message is: stick with 360?"
"Well if you don't have access to the internet."

Only thing worse was the Kinect conferences with that half-rate thrift store Matt Berry on stage.

lol the only thing I shill is japanese indie games and sega saturns

The names are confusing because the consumer LCD screen market is a confusopoly.