TOP KEK, THEY DIDN'T EVEN FINISH THE GAME AND ARE RELEASING THE REST OF IT AS A DAY 1 PATCH

TOP KEK, THEY DIDN'T EVEN FINISH THE GAME AND ARE RELEASING THE REST OF IT AS A DAY 1 PATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3462-1
meleeonline.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so this is why they implored everyone to not look at the leaks

i wonder how much worse is the actual game

top kek my friend simply LOL epic win fail

Sounds like a hastily cobbled together attempt at hiding you will always do the same shit.

Is this record studio slang for printing literal shit to disc?

I can't wait for the salt after it turns out the game is fucking nothing

I actually think there will be absurd amounts of rationalizations and damage control after it comes out.

Daily reminder this is what Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 did. It only had the tutorial stage until you got the 7gb day one patch.

Its honestly debatable what this patch even does to change the game though.

thanks, satan

Why not both?

That much is obvious, Satan, but that's also part of the fun

Posting damage control. Why is Gamefaqs so fucking awful, almost on the level of Neogaf if we're sticking to vidya.

More like they cobbled together a class system. Gray Hoodie faggot BTFO again.

What game will you be playing while you read all the delicious butthurt by fags that hyped this piece of shit?

Me, I'll be exploring in Space Engine.

I thought that shit was memed out of existence by the end of last year?

Anyway, almost every fucking forum on the internet is a cancerous cesspit. Stick either to imageboards, or low-key, niche places

Gamefaqs is only good for the guides.

Top kek as they say

AM2R is pretty good so I'll be playing that

God, it pisses me the fuck off. This game's features sound so cool on paper, and it makes me want a game like this that doesn't suck.

Squad finally has vehicles in it, so I'll be playing that.

If you want a game with just space exploration then Noctis is pretty good though it has less gameplay elements than this trainwreck it is free and years old

I wonder if the three paths are Red Blue and Green

Nah, they aren't that complex. More like A, B, and C

Why not 1,2,3? Or it'll be "unique" AMD have it be Z,Y,C.

What if every time you do the ending it has a different color/letter, whoa

I'll be removing xenos in either EDF or Battlefleet Gothic while reading about all the people who preordered expecting some massive game and are butthurt that they were scammed.

I feel kinda bad for the developer though. Weren't they just a small dev making a small tech demo style game that Sony then decided to hype the shit out of. They probably never wanted the game to get this popular.

NAh, they're pretentious fucks that hyped the game as much as possible

Oh does it?

How do I git gud at squad? Whenever I play I run to the objective for 10 minutes then get shot from some unseen position. What are the general tactics I should follow?

So is this game at all online? I mean outside naming planets and whatnot? I keep seeing people hyping up traveling through space and engaging in space combat with friends, but everything I've seen or read shows none of this.

I don't think that the PS4 can handle the power of colors and letters at the same time.

Join a squad and listen to your squad lead.
'Course you might get a shitty SL since there's more new players, so if you want a competent SL play Project Reality since they're essentially the exact same game.

No user, it's always been about shooting rocks with a laser!

I dont get it, what game is this

I've seen this happen with at least 20 games at this point and it keeps happening.

This industry is never going to get fucking better. All you have to do is advertise shit like crazy and at least 20 million dumbasses will throw money at it right away.

Fucking Christ on a pogo stick, the morons on plebbit/r/games are eating this shit up. People talking about how reading the patch notes convinced them to preorder the game.

Well,fools and their money will soon be parted, I suppose.

A little more than a week later I'll be playing the second Nioh demo and shortly after that the Terraria sandstorm update.

Nu Male's Sky

rejoice because its actually becoming less reliable as time goes on. Street Fighter 5 failed spectacularly and by the looks of it, this will fail too. The main reason it happens is because of monopoly of a genre by a franchise.

Space Station 13 of course. At least it has some semblance of space mechanics, unlike this procedural garbage.

There's your problem.

This is what I'm hoping for. Overwatch turned a profit but it's been bleeding players like crazy and didn't make nearly as much as the shitbags at modern Blizzard expected.

I don't think Destiny made even a third what they expected.

The whole crash thing isn't going to happen, but the normalfags are starting to get upset. Look at what happened to SFV, The Division, Umbrella Corps, and Hitman. They won't be able to keep this up for long without looking and feeling like morons.

Diminishing returns. Even the most casual of normalfags don't like to waste money. Even if they make a rabid public defense of their purchase in their private moments they feel let down and unsatisfied, even if only sub consciously. And those feelings build up.

SS13 would be amazing if the community wasn't full of idiots and griefers.

huh. i used to work as a software contractor. all that time i would test my shit and make sure that i was delivering a quality product for good business relations was wasted, it seems. guess i should have just half-assed everything and released patches over the course of a few weeks while calling my client an entitled brat for wanting something that works the first time

i wonder how many times these dipshits have downloaded some free software that simply didn't work and got pissed, but let a full priced video game slide

user there's countless games just like NMS except they actually deliver.

Like Frontier: Elite II, I game I keep bringing up every time NMS is mentioned. It's 23 fucking years old and delivers more than NMS does.

Depends on the server, really. The biggest problem is finding good players to play head and security roles, and mods who pay attention to the logs. Even as an antagonist, you want to make sure you're not spoiling someone else's fun by killing them with no chance of revival, and making them sit out of the round for what might be upwards of an hour.

I'm willing to bet its because the only retards defending it are retards with the 360 or PS3 as their first console, so they think patches are acceptable, rather than used in an absolute worst case scenario for things they didnt see coming.

Notice how even in Frontier planets are not just one uniform colour. Another thing Numale's Sky has fucked up.

Thanks, Satan.

Freespace 2

dump damage control

Cuckchan?

Go choke on a black dick you retard.

So yea, it's NMS. Who could have known that it would be a pile of shit. Wow, I just can't imagine these guys not delivering on their promises.

Thats a kid who wrote that post I take it.

People should really drop that meme.

The devs knew the leaks would happen, so they hid all the content in a day 1 patch. They're geniuses and played the people with leaked copies like a riddle. Admit it Holla Forums, you've been rused.

That's what happened to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.

Realistically though, they manufactured copies around July and this was just a last minute update to add more to an empty game.

That's a lot of wew right there

I will enjoy the tears of this little fag when he realizes he can't do any of those things.

But that move only served to alienate people, and not all of those people who dropped the game will know about the patch.

What the fuck does he think this is, EVE?

I don't go on other game forums because the communities are all cancer, is GameFAQS the worst or is it still NeoGAF

On another note

the alien stats dont match the models at all

He basically fell for the equivalent of Todd Howard or Peter Molyneux lies, I'm willing to be he only saw the E3 trailers that showed nothing on the actual gameplay as well.

forum = board
Holla Forums is a board

you're lying to yourself user

I find it a toss up between the two.

Maybe the planet has low gravity
Do planets have different degrees of gravity?

That is the Elite Dangerous/NMS/Star Citizen community in a perfect little nutshell right there.

the fuck does that have to do with game quality?

fucking kill me

oh

NMS is being hailed as the second coming of christ and YOU CAN DO AAAANNNYTHING

It's literally minecraft with less to do and no cubes.

It's like Starbound if Starbound somehow had less shit to do.

I'm aware

I'm going to still be playing NMS.

I knew exactly what I was getting with it and I never expected it to be GOTYAY, and what it's turned out to be is pretty much exactly what I expected and wanted: It's basically just a slightly better space engine

Holla Forums is acting like everybody who was excited for it got overhyped and is now in denial but Holla Forums is just as retarded as those people because everybody outside of plebbit who was looking forward to the game saw thorugh sony's marketing bullshit, actually read interviews from the devs, was well aware of how it was actually going to turn out anyways.

Jesus, I've heard stupid shit from other people I know but those posts are on another fucking plane of existence. How can an individual become so dumbfuckingly retarded and absolutely stupid?

(checked)
Hello aware, I'm Dad.

Really dude? You double posted?

That's nice and all. Just enjoy the game in silence and don't start making shill threads.

I read somewhere that the game is something like 3.4 gb. can anyone confirm this ?

top freaking kekerino, dude

I think according to their twitter, the game takes up 6gb+ and it's mostly just music.

How indeed.

I am not sure if a small size is a good or a bad thing anymore.

Sort of reminds me with how Minecraft has a small file size.

At least it won't take forever to fucking download like with anything Bethesda or Rockstar games or any AAA company makes.

Join a squad, don't be first to go ANYWHERE, and keep scanning your surroundings.

Follow those and you'll probably have bit more fun when you're not the first guy to die in a firefight.

To be fair THPS did that because it was the last day they had the license. Whats NMS's excuse?

well that's ok I guess I didn't want to have to explore or anything.

All the idol training did her good.

How sis it better than Space Engine in any way, shape or form? SE can get extremely detailed if you have the hardware for it.

NMS looks like ass no mater what you do.

Summer has been an unoptimal time for that, but I think I'll do that when the salt starts to flow.

this, gamefags is great for guides and cheat lists

The generation from far away/orbit doesn't appear to be any worse, and then on top of that NMS has a higher level of detail. SE only generates detail out to a factor of like a hundred miles/KM at a time, zoom in any closer and you just have a whole lot of stretched textures and flat geometry. NMS looks to be detailed out to a scale of a few feet/a meter.

On top of that, NMS has actual plants and animals. They may not look that nice, but it's better then nothing in SE's case. Same for gameplay: NMS's doesn't look that mechanically deep, but it's better then nothing in the case of SE

This release has disaster written all over it.

My nigger

Can someone explain to me why it's so fucking hard to make a decent space game?

I mean, developers have, years back, managed to make a fun flight model, even before that they have created a vast and expansive universe that functions without the player's direct input.

If the scope of a whole galaxy is too vast because of modern asset costs why not simply pull a Firefly and have the game be set in a solar system with plenty of planet, moons and asteroid belts?

Fuck, Gundam has shown time and again that even our solar system is fucking massive. Devs simply need to realize that planets are not the standard unit they should use to measure content, a solar system is already massive enough to fit in all the content you'd ever want.

How hard would it be to make a freelancer mod? or at least revive Holla Forumslancers suited for 8/v/?

That's what the doctor said to your mom when you were born.

I'll be defending Kebab in Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg for Darkest Hour.

t. cuck

I'm going to risk X: Rebirth even though I fully expect the cancer.

Dubs don't mean shit when you're getting wrecked like that

Probably KoF 98UM/02UM/XIII to get ready for KoF XIV.

Either those, AM2R or Shiren the Wanderer 5+.

You keep throwing around that excuse like it has weight.

It's so lovely how people defend the broken Multiplayer aspect.

You know, Hawken was extremely cool and was made by a small indie team.
It's abandoned now.

This game is not very cool and is also made by a very small indie team.
What do you guys think will happen?

"""ironic""" weebfaggotry is the worst form of faggotry.

Gee whiz how alien and bizarre.

Probably the same, either that or E:D or one of the old space games on my back logs. Or maybe I'll play a non-space game or three.

In other words, anything except bothering with NMS.

I wish Fottifoh wasn't so fucking autistic about his source licensing, we could have had a much nicer Noctis port beyond CE years ago.

Nearly every Elite game (except the first one because it was on a fucking BBC Micro with 64k of memory) either completely or at least partially blows the shit out of NMS. That's not even counting versions/fan reproductions that accept mods like Oolite, JJFFE and Pioneer.

If you want a slightly different flavor of space trucking, X rapes NMS hard as well.

Hell Noctis 4 is basically NMS, if NMS wasn't a complete obvious screwjob and also 16 year older and on DOS.

Is that seriously cuckchan these days? What faggotry is this?

You could fly into them in 0.97, too. Just now they all have accretion disks. Including Sag A* for some fucking reason.

Sounds right out of one those "Worst Doom WAD" awards they had a few years back.

Get SE 0.98, set terrain detail to max (+2) in the INI, and strap in this mod.

en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3462-1

Now, what was this about ground detail again?

Why the fuck does this matter?
Why the fuck would this matter to anyone?
Who are these people?

NO ONE FUCKING CARES IS THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TITS OR COCKS OR BOTH!

Make a good game and people won't criticize it. Make a shit game with conjured social drama and you'll only hurt your "causes", what ever the fuck that may be.

Even more so than now? Well you are the prince of darkness so your prediction carries more weight.

I doubt anons here would give a shit, just if you're acting like a faggot about playing it.

Dreadnought and Fractured Space

I've only seen glimpses of Space engine but this sounds seriously off

What?

Well duh it absorbs nutrients that means it's not a fuckin plant. Omnivore, Carnivore, Detritivore, Coprophagus, Frugivore, Herbivore, Nectarivore. THESE are dietary formats NOT FUCKIN "ABSORBS NUTRIENTS" LAZY TWAT.

Also what the fuck is with this "Gender: Prime" shit? Does it DONATE genetic material or ACCEPT genetic material? Does it do BOTH? Does it do NEITHER? Does it bud? Does it split (fission)?

This is "biology" for folk who failed basic goddamn highschool biology.

You don't get it dude. It's so alien and foreign doesn't even subscribe to recognized gender models.
Stop it with the artificial hate.

I'm science triggered now, fuck you.

I think is trying to say that this particular space dino identifies sexually as the leader of the Autobots.

Probably gonna run through Dragon's Dogma again and occasionally take breaks to do some missions in EDF 4.1

Well. At least there are mods that kinda fix it.

Galactic Adventures is kinda fun to when you do the captain exploit.

Are the designers fucking retarded?
If its spine is at the height of 3,4 meters and its longer than its taller, this creature would weigh at least a ton.

Is this basically early access on consoles?

Isn't that already a thing or something?

It's probably measured through Pokemon logic, where small creatures are dense as fuck while larger creatures weigh like a balloon. Aka, the developers are fucking retarded.

meleeonline.net/ is looking cool, hope it doesn't get canceled before it even comes to fruition.

On another note, does anyone have any tips for making L-Cancels and Wavedashes more consistent? The L/R Triggers on the new GC controllers are really bad compared to the original models, but my original controller is broken so i have to use this one for a while.

Doom wads, Metroid 2 Remake, the actual exploration games.

Well, that dinosaur looks pretty damn dense, seems like it has hundreds of kilograms of muscle.

>Gender: Prime (Fucking what)
I don't tend to get on the TORtanic style of extreme shitting on games before they're out, but holy fuck how can anyone expect this to be decent

Watch as none of that can be done in the game.
I'm serious. Firstly the maps are so huge there is almost nil chance of even meeting your friends intentionally. I don't even know if you can create your own colonies to begin with. You can't create custom ships either, and I doubt there is even actual economy added into the game.

No shit, obviously he won't be able to do a single one of those things he listed. Why did he assume he can? All you can do in the game is fly around on a small one person fitting space ship and walk around grinding minerals.

A planet's gravity depends mostly upon its mass. Bigger planets have strong gravitational pulls. As you approach low elevations, it's slightly stronger; higher elevations such as mountains and upper atmosphere have a weaker gravity.

Not sure about the game, though.

I assume that absorbed nutrients means that it eats, and absorbs the nutrients from the food it eats. No fucking idea.

If you're looking for a solution exclusively on an emulator, you can manually decrease the analog pressure required for the inputs to register.

This makes them more sensitive as a whole, so it won't help you any on actual hardware, obviously.

Could be vestigial mouth on a creature that's mostly full of lighter-than-whatever gas.

None. All games these days are shit. I will be reading some 1800s comparative mythology as I laugh at those who still have hope.

Too bad she's SJW as fuck she would be cute otherwise.

would hate fuck/10

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY THIS SHIT

Not buying a scam shitgame shouldn't exactly be an achievement on Holla Forums. Then again…

What happens when you fly into them?

It isn't, the people who want to make space games are just retarded hipsters (NMS) or has-beens (E:D, SC) with no real vision or ability.

And Hitman isn't even bad if they had just released it when it was fucking done nobody would have had a problem with it.

WHAT GAEM?

You're doing it wrong user.

at least the space stage was fun

Don't be a nostalgiafag. The game was bad from start to finish.

alright random user, whatever you say

Did you forget about
Every five seconds?

…now that you mention it, yeah
that was fucking retarded

Is no man skys the modern Spore?

The failure that shows people how much of a scam modern gaming is?

Worse at least Spore looked good before it came out.

If it was the modern Spore, we'd be getting threads whining about "how great it could have been" on a semi-regular basis.

but then

So like every other game released since last generation?

Jokes on them. Everyone already saw the earlier footage and will associate that with the game. I bet the update isn't that impressive either. Just beautification and no new mechanics.

Freelancer

Dude, just make a new space rangers with elements of the X-series games

fuck this minecraft in ENVIRONMENT horseshit, I'm tired of lazy uncreative developers using le procedural generation as a crutch for their inability to flesh out an actual video game's progression

captcha gaylib

This right here! We have over 10,000 planetary mass objects in our solar system alone (planets, planetary mass moons, "dwarf planets") and probably that many more just sub-planetary mass objects (planetoids). That's more than enough playground for a space game. If you still felt that was too small then set it in something larger and more complex like the Fomalhaut system or set it in a vast nebula. Quality is better than quantity.

The Hubble telescope found Sauron?

Is that a backwards utter penis?

Unfortunately, there's no Rule34 of it "yet", so I can't tell. This thing is also flying thanks to its butterfly wings. Because who needs logic when you have "procedurally" generated content?

AM2R just came out and I've been craving some metroid, so I'll play AN ACTUAL GAME instead No Gameplay Sky.
What if we call these types of games "litterboxes"?
They're like sandboxes,but they're full of nothing but piss and shit.

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

I'll be playing torrents No Man's Sky.

It found the Eye of Terror. God help us.

I guess this would fit the bill of "discover extraordinary species" in the technical sense. I do have the feeling the betas at hello games expect more wonder and less laughter, though.

Are there any enemies that at least attack you in a pack?

it's really hard to know who's being sarcastic and who is not anymore but then again ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Holy shit, why haven't I heard of this before?
Is the gameplay actually good, or is it only good when compared to NuMale's Sky?

what a punchable cuckface/comment combo

Is the FOV something like 20°?

That is literally a CURRENT YEAR argument :^)

i fucking hate gamefaqs so much

these fucks need to be put to death

wew

Jesus fucking christ. Did the animators actually use a reference,or just go "eh, it's close enough" and make the sitting animation without actually testing it?

What is the gameplay supposed to be?

Welp, that's enough internet for me today.

I'm glad we all die.

Where did the user get the idea that you could build colonies in this game? There's no real multiplayer (PvP or PvE).

The post is either old or pure bait.

Go to planet A.
Get resources
Upgrade ship
Upgrade resource collector(?)
Now you can go to planet B and mine Y and Z faster so you can upgrade your ship and go to planet C

It's Minecraft at a galactic scale but without the fun that comes with the co-op.

It's not even you needing that shit to get to C, you just went to B to see if it looked cool and got upgrades so you can get back off again faster once you're bored with how similar it looks to A.

You can't build fuckall.

it would be actually good if it was a minecraft at space.

Yeah my apologies, I forgot about that.

Isn't that just Space Engineers?